PDA

View Full Version : Ochocinco plans to do the Lambeau Leap

sheepshead
09-16-2009, 12:17 PM
I say he gets thrown back like a homerun in Wrigley.

Ochocinco plans to do the Lambeau Leap
Posted by Mike Florio on September 16, 2009 12:26 PM ET
On Sunday, the Cincinnati Bengals will return to Lambeau Field for the first time since 1995. And since that was six years before Chad Ochocinco entered the NFL, it'll be his first chance to put on a show for the people of Wisconsin.

And he intends to make it a good one.

During a Tuesday conference call with Green Bay reporters, Ochocinco said that he plans to perform one of the routines usually reserved to Packers players who score touchdowns.

"[H]opefully I can Lambeau Leap," he said.

Asked whether he'd really do that, Ochocinco pointed out that he has done it in Cleveland, jumping into the Dawg Pound after scoring a touchdown.

"They embrace me," Ochocinco said. "I'm looking for the Cheeseheads to embrace Ocho also."

If by "embrace me" he means "pour a beer on me" or "angrily give me the finger," we agree.

Ochocinco also told reporters to inform linebacker Nick Barnett that "I'm coming for his head," and then in the next breath Ochocinco changed his tone, "[L]et the Packer Nation know that we're coming to town, and I'm looking forward to entertaining and bringing a little fun to the city and with no disrespect."

Yeah, no disrespect. Except for Barnett.

We've got a feeling that Barnett might like to make Chad remember one of his other visits to Cleveland -- one that Chad likely doesn't remember at all.

Scott Campbell
09-16-2009, 12:23 PM
I say pass him up through the stands like they used to do with girls at Badger games.

Freak Out
09-16-2009, 12:26 PM
Waterboard him with beer and then throw him back.

Tony Oday
09-16-2009, 12:28 PM
F that I say just move and let him fall :)

*edit*
of course he will only get to see the endzone during warmups so really a non issue

Fritz
09-16-2009, 12:30 PM
Don't let him score and it's not a problem.

Guiness
09-16-2009, 12:31 PM
Although at times this guy doesn't have 2 brain cells to rub together, he can be funny.

Depends on the situation, I guess. If, as I expect, the Bengals are down by 4 scores, he gets a TD and goes over, maybe the fans laughingly go along with it? I could also see him running up and faking it, then laughing and turning away.

I don't understand the 'coming for Barnett's head' though. I'd like some context on that...does Cincy's game plan call for him to block the MLB? That would be interesting. He should be a lot more worried about #31 and his own head!

oregonpackfan
09-16-2009, 12:43 PM
I don't understand the 'coming for Barnett's head' though. I'd like some context on that...does Cincy's game plan call for him to block the MLB? That would be interesting. He should be a lot more worried about #31 and his own head!

Maybe he is making reference to the fact that he and Barnett were teammates together at Oregon State.

When he was enrolled at Oregon State, Chad Johnson(excuse me, I mean "Ochocinco") was a talented receiver but an immature pain-in-the-butt. It appears the guy still needs to grow up.

Fritz
09-16-2009, 12:43 PM
Although at times this guy doesn't have 2 brain cells to rub together, he can be funny.

Depends on the situation, I guess. If, as I expect, the Bengals are down by 4 scores, he gets a TD and goes over, maybe the fans laughingly go along with it? I could also see him running up and faking it, then laughing and turning away.

Is he...mocking us, Guin?

green_bowl_packer
09-16-2009, 01:07 PM

Ocho Cinco is a twat, I'm mean he twittered in response to Barnett saying he's going to knock his helmet off. This could be the beginning of a couple of days of twitter smack.

http://www.twitvid.com/0F9F4

sheepshead
09-16-2009, 01:09 PM
see the last 20 seconds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n37qkcicW8E

SkinBasket
09-16-2009, 01:27 PM
Child please.

Lurker64
09-16-2009, 01:27 PM
I'd say that if the Packers are still up by 4 scores or more when Ochocinco gets in the endzone, I'd laughingly go along with it. He's a good guy though a bit of a clown.

gbpackfan
09-16-2009, 01:28 PM
Great fan in that video. That is how it should be. He should get pushed down by one (or more) fan(s) and covered in beer by the rest should he try that.

Cheesehead Craig
09-16-2009, 01:35 PM
And waste beer? Gack! Heresy!

MOBB DEEP
09-16-2009, 01:47 PM
When was his last good game? 06?

MichiganPackerFan
09-16-2009, 03:12 PM

FINALLY the voice of reason.

gbgary
09-16-2009, 03:40 PM
he's not going to get the chance. can you say SHUT OUT?!

swede
09-16-2009, 04:17 PM

Run it through the kidney's first.

pbmax
09-16-2009, 04:53 PM
Twitter smack? Is that possible?

I still like his putting the football with the pylon routine.

MOBB DEEP
09-16-2009, 06:18 PM

Then the Tiger fist pump; classsic

River dance was timely that season too

green_bowl_packer
09-17-2009, 10:56 AM

Twitter smack, twitter trash - all the same, but it's started.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/17/ochocinco-barnett-talk-twitter-trash/

Ochocinco, Barnett talk Twitter trash
Posted by Mike Florio on September 17, 2009 11:17 AM ET
It happened at times in the offseason, but this is the first noteworthy example of in-season trash-talk, Twitter style.

On Tuesday, Bengals receiver Chad Ochocino asked the Green Bay media to tell Packers linebacker Nick Barnett that Chad is "coming for his head" on Sunday at Lambeau Field.

On Wednesday, the Twitter talk began.

Said Barnett of the comment, "Was I suppose be scared????? Lol lol all I know is if you come across the middle.. You can go head and....KISS DA BABY."

Said Chad: "dude I will beat you up on the field, off the field, whatever, when I come cross the middle I'll hit you in your mouth boy!!!!"

And in the main event, Hulk Hogan will square off against the Macho Man.

Hey, the way the NFL is going, they can keep the Pro Bowl the week after the Super Bowl and fill the two-week gap by hosting their own version of Wrestlemania, with Rex Ryan playing the role of Captain Lou Albano.

Dabaddestbear
09-20-2009, 07:36 PM
I dont think you can say it either. :oops:

Jimx29
09-20-2009, 07:46 PM
There were people with packer shirts on patting him on the ass/back too.

Time we have ourselves a hangin....

MOBB DEEP
09-20-2009, 07:47 PM

:?:

Dabaddestbear
09-20-2009, 07:56 PM

I noticed that too. One of them was the same guy that eventually flew the bird. It was as if he realized what he was doing would be on tv and decided to clean it up with the "i'll fly ya one"! lol

gbgary
09-20-2009, 09:31 PM
I dont think you can say it either. :oops:

nope. http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/images/smilies/smilie_thud.gif

MOBB DEEP
09-21-2009, 06:17 AM

I noticed that too. One of them was the same guy that eventually flew the bird. It was as if he realized what he was doing would be on tv and decided to clean it up with the "i'll fly ya one"! lol

EXACTLY; at first he was pointn at Chad like "he the man!" lol....what a hoser. Looking how I envision some of the cats around here lookn, needing to put the beer down and hit the treadmill

Cant believe we let him get in endzone

And that TD to coles after good play fake was FAR too easy! :evil:

GET SHARPER....!!!!

MichiganPackerFan
09-21-2009, 08:04 AM
WR Chad Ochocinco on his Lambeau Leap: "“It was fun. I had a little indecision about where to jump at first. I didn’t want to disrespect their tradition so I was asking as I went along the line and found some Bengals fans that said it was OK. I respect the Packers and what they have going on with the leap, so that’s why I did it that way.”

Guess that eases the pain a bit...

MOBB DEEP
09-21-2009, 06:13 PM
Classy; unlike that conflicted packer fan givn the bird

MichiganPackerFan
09-22-2009, 09:47 AM
Classy; unlike that conflicted packer fan givn the bird

I don't mind the bird: this is big boy sports. I do wish that someone would have dumped a $10 beer on him though..

MOBB DEEP
09-23-2009, 05:35 PM
Come to find out, Chad bought those cats (1 is a packer fan :?: ) their tickets....

Funny.....

BallHawk
09-23-2009, 06:40 PM
Come to find out, Chad bought those cats (1 is a packer fan :?: ) their tickets....

Funny.....

Yup.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Chad-Ochocinco-planted-those-Bengals-fans-in-the?urn=nfl,191579