PDA

View Full Version : Great Book by Bill Russell

oregonpackfan
09-16-2009, 12:39 PM
I just read a brand new book from the library entitled Red and Me.

It is written by Bill Russell, who starred as center for the Celtics when Red Auerbach coached the team. During a 13 year span, the Celtics won 11 NBA titles.

Russell considered Red more than a coach. He considered him his closest friend. They maintained a strong friendship during, and after basketball.

Russell elaborated that people do not necessarily need a common background to be friends. Russell was a black man from Louisiana and the California Bay area. Auerbach was a white Jew raised in New York City. Russell was reserved, pensive, and articulate. Auerbach was brash and often used street language.

Yet the two men formed a deep bond as they deeply respected each other. This is a book worth reading.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-16-2009, 04:31 PM
I was considering reading it till i discovered that neither russell nor auerbach had any oregon connections.

Kiwon
09-16-2009, 08:57 PM
I just read a brand new book from the library entitled Red and Me

A good citizen using his local public library. Might as well get something for the taxes you pay.

Do they still use library cards? Bar codes?

mraynrand
09-17-2009, 10:57 AM
Auerbach was a white Jew raised in New York City. Russell was reserved, pensive, and articulate. Auerbach was brash and often used street language.

Do they recount the story of Don Nelson calling Danny Ainge a cheap shot artist and Auerbach calling Nelson a whore? Or maybe that is recounted in the book "Red Auerbach: Visionary Coach and Fucking Asshole"

Tyrone Bigguns
09-17-2009, 04:10 PM
Auerbach was a white Jew raised in New York City. Russell was reserved, pensive, and articulate. Auerbach was brash and often used street language.

Do they recount the story of Don Nelson calling Danny Ainge a cheap shot artist and Auerbach calling Nelson a whore? Or maybe that is recounted in the book "Red Auerbach: Visionary Coach and Fucking Asshole"

Actually, Nelson was a whore, and ainge was a cheapshot artist.

not saying your book couldn't exist, but your examples are poor.