PDA

View Full Version : Who would you trade Rodgers for?

falco
09-16-2009, 09:23 PM
Just curious.

Not just for one year, but the long term success of the franchise.

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-16-2009, 09:25 PM
Matt Ryan

Tyrone Bigguns
09-16-2009, 09:27 PM
Multiple players. John Hadl like deal.

BallHawk
09-16-2009, 09:31 PM
Adrian Peterson.

And that's about it.

Rastak
09-16-2009, 09:33 PM
As a Viking fan Tarvaris Jackson..... :wink:

In the spirit of the thread a real answer.....

Not too many from what I have seen.

Matt Ryan
maybe Ben Rothlesberger
Tom Brady
Drew Brees
maybe Joe Flacco

falco
09-16-2009, 09:35 PM
As a Viking fan Tarvaris Jackson..... :wink:

In the spirit of the thread a real answer.....

Not too many from what I have seen.

Matt Ryan
maybe Ben Rothlesberger
Tom Brady
Drew Brees
maybe Joe Flacco

I wondered about Brady... clearly he is arguably the best there is right now, but is he old enough that it would not be worth building a franchise around him anymore?

Same might go for Brees - I think he is better than Rodgers, but is Rodgers youth provide enough of an upside to stick with him?

I haven't seen enough of Matt Ryan to say.

falco
09-16-2009, 09:36 PM
Adrian Peterson.

And that's about it.

Interesting answer.. I was thinking about QBs, but you make a good point.

My concern would be that the lifespan of a RB is typically much shorter than that of a QB. Would we get more mileage out of Rodgers than Peterson?

falco
09-16-2009, 09:39 PM
Some might argue Phillip Rivers, but I don't care for his attitude/immaturity.

I think Rodgers has some good intangible leadership skills.

Partial
09-16-2009, 09:45 PM
Adrian Peterson
Patrick Willis
Mario Williams
Matt Ryan

Brando19
09-16-2009, 10:11 PM
Adrian Peterson
Maybe Michael Turner
Mario Williams
If we didn't have Jennings...maybe Fitzgerald.

Rastak
09-16-2009, 10:12 PM
I probably wouldn't trade him for anything but another QB.....maybe Peterson being the only exception.

mmmdk
09-16-2009, 10:21 PM
I'd trade Rodgers for season tickets at Lambeau :lol:

BallHawk
09-16-2009, 10:23 PM
I probably wouldn't trade him for anything but another QB.....maybe Peterson being the only exception.

Peterson being the best player in the NFL, I'd find it hard not to trade any player for him. Aside from him, there isn't a single player I'd trade Aaron for. Matt Ryan is still young. Tom Brady and Drew Brees are getting older. Rivers isn't the shining example of a guy I'd want on my team....and who said Joe Flacco? WTF?

crosbiegrad
09-16-2009, 11:29 PM
I agree with what has been said above about Peterson. He's easily the league's best player and I'd trade Rodgers for him in a heartbeat but Joe Flacco?!!!! I'd be pissed if Thompson traded Rodgers for Flacco

oregonpackfan
09-16-2009, 11:33 PM
With the time investment the Packers have had in Rodgers, 3 years on the bench behind Favre, last year, and now this year, Rodgers is untradable--period!

Guiness
09-16-2009, 11:36 PM
I'd trade Rodgers for season tickets at Lambeau :lol:

Ok, you get a real, live rofl for that.

Mazzin
09-16-2009, 11:47 PM
I agree with what has been said above about Peterson. He's easily the league's best player and I'd trade Rodgers for him in a heartbeat but Joe Flacco?!!!! I'd be pissed if Thompson traded Rodgers for Flacco

Prolly has him on his fantasy team. And last week he put up big numbers....thats what i think. :wink:

Patler
09-17-2009, 12:01 AM

I wouldn't even trade him for Peterson, and I mean that as no disrespect to Peterson. I would not trade a young QB with Rodgers seeming potential and performance already for any running back. With Peterson the Vikings have been a bit hamstrung by their QB play. With a good QB you can work the offense with even just OK skill at any of a number of positions, a good (not great) running RB, a good receiving RB, one or more good WRs, a good TE; all of which are easier to find than QBs. You can even be successful with just adequate players at all other skill positions if the QB is good enough to maximize their performances.

By and large teams with out good QBs struggle on offense. Teams with good QBs seem to do at least OK offensively.

Besides, Rodgers will just be hitting his peak years in 5 years, and Peterson's could already be behind him. Even the elite backs are true difference makers for only a very short time. Rodgers can give you 12-15 seasons.

Lurker64
09-17-2009, 12:13 AM
I wouldn't trade Rodgers for anything other than multiple players, including one or more elite ones and a solid starting QB.

A young, promising, productive, and talented QB with a good contract is one of the most valuable things you can have in the NFL. I haven't seen enough of most of the other young QBs to consider them really any better than Rodgers. Flacco and Ryan both landed in great situations and weren't really called upon to actually win games for their teams (unlike Rodgers), Young and Leinart are busts to this point (though there's hope for Leinart), Cutler and Rivers are both headcases, Manning and Roethlisberger are overrated and are largely successful because of their elite defenses and one or two unique characteristics (e.g. Roethlisberger is one of the hardest NFL QBs to tackle in the history of the game). Some of these guys might turn out to be better than Rodgers, some might not, but at this point: who the hell knows? If I'm not getting a player I clearly consider an upgrade, I wouldn't really gamble and trade a promising young budding star with a team-friendly contract. It's not smart to gamble on coin flips.

If I could land, say, Peterson and Roethlisberger for Rodgers, I would consider it.

Partial
09-17-2009, 12:22 AM
I wouldn't trade Rodgers for anything other than multiple players, including one or more elite ones and a solid starting QB.

A young, promising, productive, and talented QB with a good contract is one of the most valuable things you can have in the NFL. I haven't seen enough of most of the other young QBs to consider them really any better than Rodgers. Flacco and Ryan both landed in great situations and weren't really called upon to actually win games for their teams (unlike Rodgers), Young and Leinart are busts to this point (though there's hope for Leinart), Cutler and Rivers are both headcases, Manning and Roethlisberger are overrated and are largely successful because of their elite defenses and one or two unique characteristics (e.g. Roethlisberger is one of the hardest NFL QBs to tackle in the history of the game).

If I could land, say, Peterson and Roethlisberger for Rodgers, I might consider it.

1. That Atlanta team picking 3rd to get Ryan was horrible. Ryan is a stud.

2. Baltimore missed the playoffs before they drafted Flacco. Next thing you know they're in the championship game. Coincidence? I think not.

3. Why is there only hope for Leinart? Young has actually won NFL games, something that until this past week even our very own Rodgers hadn't done.

4. Manning overrated? Are you crazy? He will probably go down as the best quarterback to walk the earth ever.

5. Big ben overrated? How? Sure, there D is good, but he carries that offense. He has the moxy to win games when it matters (same can be said for VY). Thinking Roethlisberger is overrated says everything we need to know. The guy is a star imo. I would trade Rodgers + any other Packer for Roethlisberger and I would come out WAY ahead over time imo.

6. You might do Rodgers for Roethlisberger and Peterson? You had better execute that trade as fast as you can before the Vikings/Steelers wake up, because Rodgers is a huge step down from either of the other two players involved imo.

This post is looney.

Mazzin
09-17-2009, 12:34 AM

A young, promising, productive, and talented QB with a good contract is one of the most valuable things you can have in the NFL. I haven't seen enough of most of the other young QBs to consider them really any better than Rodgers. Flacco and Ryan both landed in great situations and weren't really called upon to actually win games for their teams (unlike Rodgers), Young and Leinart are busts to this point (though there's hope for Leinart), Cutler and Rivers are both headcases, Manning and Roethlisberger are overrated and are largely successful because of their elite defenses and one or two unique characteristics (e.g. Roethlisberger is one of the hardest NFL QBs to tackle in the history of the game).

If I could land, say, Peterson and Roethlisberger for Rodgers, I might consider it.

2. Baltimore missed the playoffs before they drafted Flacco. Next thing you know they're in the championship game. Coincidence? I think not.

3. Why is there only hope for Leinart? Young has actually won NFL games, something that until this past week even our very own Rodgers hadn't done.

4. Manning overrated? Are you crazy? He will probably go down as the best quarterback to walk the earth ever.

5. Big ben overrated? How? Sure, there D is good, but he carries that offense. He has the moxy to win games when it matters (same can be said for VY). Thinking Roethlisberger is overrated says everything we need to know. The guy is a star imo. I would trade Rodgers + any other Packer for Roethlisberger and I would come out WAY ahead over time imo.

6. You might do Rodgers for Roethlisberger and Peterson? You had better execute that trade as fast as you can before the Vikings/Steelers wake up, because Rodgers is a huge step down from either of the other two players involved imo.

This post is looney.

Whats looney is comparing Vince Young to Big Ben... Get real.

boiga
09-17-2009, 12:41 AM
4. Manning overrated? Are you crazy? He will probably go down as the best quarterback to walk the earth ever I think he was referring to Ely, who is without a doubt overrated. Peyton's great and all, but is far enough past his prime that it'd be hard justify he'd be better than Rodgers over the next 10 years.

Big Ben won't stay healthy long enough over that time span either. He takes too many hits with his "I'll throw it when I want to throw it" style. He'll be lucky to last another three years.

I agree with the posters saying that the investment we've put into Rodgers makes him more valuable to us than any potential trade. He knows the system, has the respect of the locker room, and can win games for us in the near and long term. There's not another player in the league that would be worth the strife caused by replacing Arod.

Guiness
09-17-2009, 01:54 AM

I wouldn't even trade him for Peterson, and I mean that as no disrespect to Peterson. I would not trade a young QB with Rodgers seeming potential and performance already for any running back. With Peterson the Vikings have been a bit hamstrung by their QB play. With a good QB you can work the offense with even just OK skill at any of a number of positions, a good (not great) running RB, a good receiving RB, one or more good WRs, a good TE; all of which are easier to find than QBs. You can even be successful with just adequate players at all other skill positions if the QB is good enough to maximize their performances.

By and large teams with out good QBs struggle on offense. Teams with good QBs seem to do at least OK offensively.

Besides, Rodgers will just be hitting his peak years in 5 years, and Peterson's could already be behind him. Even the elite backs are true difference makers for only a very short time. Rodgers can give you 12-15 seasons.

That's pretty much the way I feel. I'm not so sure there's a player in the league I'd rather have than Rodgers, playing as he is. Matt Ryan might be better...but no one can say for sure. And backs are dominant for a relatively short time. Just in the recent past...Shaun Alexander, Larry Johnson had brief moments of glory. Tomlinson isn't as dominant as a guy who tore up the league just 2 years ago.

So is there a single player who stands out as someone you'd give up Rodgers for in a heartbeat? I don't think so. Not saying there isn't one that wouldn't make sense after considering it, but nothing overwhelming.

Although I'd entertain offers of a combination of a good QB and a good RT! :twisted:

hoosier
09-17-2009, 07:50 AM

Peterson being the best player in the NFL, I'd find it hard not to trade any player for him. Aside from him, there isn't a single player I'd trade Aaron for. Matt Ryan is still young. Tom Brady and Drew Brees are getting older. Rivers isn't the shining example of a guy I'd want on my team....and who said Joe Flacco? WTF?

Good RBs are a dime a dozen. Good QBs are hard to find. Yes, Peterson is the best RB in the league, but the difference between him and Grant is lesser than the difference between Rodgers and a mediocre QB like Jackson or Rosenfelds. Add to that the undeniable fact (IMHO) that QB is the most important position on the field, and I wouldn't dream of trading Rodgers for Peterson unless I knew the Packers had a strong replacement for ARod.

Tarlam!
09-17-2009, 07:55 AM
My knee jerk was obviously Peterson - that's a special guy at really important position.

But Patler swayed me, as usual, to change my mind and say for nobody would I trade Rodgers. Rodgers can be a special guy, too, but at the single most important position.

SkinBasket
09-17-2009, 08:06 AM

This post is looney.

Never have you been so lucid as when you typed those last words.

Bossman641
09-17-2009, 11:20 AM

Very good RB, one of the top WR in the league

Baltimore was 13-3 in 2006, and struggled to 5-11 in 2007. McNair had injury problems throughout the year and they bounced back and forth between McNair, Boller, and Troy Smith. The 3 of them combined to go 341/557 for 3,308 yards, 13 TD, 14 INT, and 39 sacks. Flacco went 257/428 for 2,971 yards, 14 TD, 12 INT, and 32 sacks. You are kidding yourself if you think Flacco led them to the championship game. They got there on the strength of a better defense and stronger rushing game (2,376 vs 1,797).

Talk to me when Young shows any indication he is turning it around

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are talking about Peyton. Eli is highly overrated.

Ben has the benefit of a good defense and running game. Sure, he makes plays in the clutch, but he wouldn't even be in position to make those plays if not for the D. How long will you continue to let VY live off of a few plays he made years ago? Isn't he due to do something this year, or is he gonna ride his reputation all the way to the HOF? :lol:

I would trade Rodgers for the 2 of them, but no way would I say Rodgers is a huge step down from Ben

This post is looney.

bobblehead
09-17-2009, 11:28 AM
In TT fashion, I would trade him for 3 first round picks, then parlay those into 3 other firsts, 4 seconds and a 3rd, at which point...well, you get the idea, I would own the 2-4 rounds of the next 7 drafts before I was finished.

pbmax
09-17-2009, 11:56 AM

This post is looney.
Atlanta was not too far off some playoff appearances and had several nice pieces on defense. It also turned out to have a couple of good offensive pieces that were undervalued playing with Vick (White, for instance).

Losing their starting QB threw the team into a tailspin not even Joey Harrington could pull them out of.

That said, they grabbed a fantastic RB and installed two new schemes in one offseason. So the best thing they may have had going for them was new coaching. They had a horrible season, but were not horribly bare in the talent department.

I might not trade Rodgers for Brady. He had a bad injury and is 32. He is at his ceiling and will decline sooner than later. I would need a younger QB. No on Peterson as well.

Fritz
09-17-2009, 12:24 PM
Matt Ryan and first and second round draft picks in 2010 and 2011.

And a date with Drew Barrymore.

Partial
09-17-2009, 12:27 PM
CAPS...

Very good RB, one of the top WR in the league

And yet they were what, 3rd worst in the league the year before? Chicken or the egg. RB didn't do much in SD (admittedly he was okay behind LT and would have been a solid pickup, he's better than Grant but still not great imo). You can nitpick all you want, but that team magically took a huge transformation with quality coaching and Ryan.

Baltimore was 13-3 in 2006, and struggled to 5-11 in 2007. McNair had injury problems throughout the year and they bounced back and forth between McNair, Boller, and Troy Smith. The 3 of them combined to go 341/557 for 3,308 yards, 13 TD, 14 INT, and 39 sacks. Flacco went 257/428 for 2,971 yards, 14 TD, 12 INT, and 32 sacks. You are kidding yourself if you think Flacco led them to the championship game. They got there on the strength of a better defense and stronger rushing game (2,376 vs 1,797).

No one is disputing that but taking away from a player from taking advantage of situations is foolish. Flacco is very solid and played quite well. He can only do what he is asked to do, and he did it almost flawlessly. He won games for his team.

[b]Talk to me when Young shows any indication he is turning it around

Compared to Leinart, who has never done anything, Young has done a lot. Young will get his shot someday. Can't help it if he's under contract and they won't play him. He wants the ball in his hands and has made it clear that he's motivated to play again. Last time he was driven he was ROTY baby!

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are talking about Peyton. Eli is highly overrated.

What is your source on Eli being overrated? Eli is a very good player too. He has won a superbowl and led the come from behind victory in that game, as well as won 4 playoff games on the road. How many other QBs have done that other than BR? Very, very impressive. Again, he does what he's asked to do.

[b]Ben has the benefit of a good defense and running game. Sure, he makes plays in the clutch, but he wouldn't even be in position to make those plays if not for the D. How long will you continue to let VY live off of a few plays he made years ago? Isn't he due to do something this year, or is he gonna ride his reputation all the way to the HOF? :lol:

This is just a ridiculous as the running game and OL basically sucked last year. He got it done on his arm and carried that tema. Guy is a sure fire first ballet HOF in my opinion. He's the third best QB in the league, maybe 2nd since Brady is banged up. His stats aren't guady but they don't need to be. Half of being special is doing what you're asked to do. Especially with a QB.

I would trade Rodgers for the 2 of them, but no way would I say Rodgers is a huge step down from Ben

Well, I'm not going to tell you what to think because you're entitled to your own opinion but there is no way I would take Rodgers over Ben. Rodgers puts up bigger numbers because of the nature of the team, but Ben wins super bowls and carries his team. BR has more come from behind victories in the past x years of any QB (per week 1 NBC broadcast, don't remember the value of x, but it was probably 5-7).

Rodgers has shown he can put up guady passing numbers with all-world offensive talent around him. What he finally showed the other night is that he can overcome adversity and win a big game. Will he kepe it up? Hopefully, but he still hasn't shown me much in the RS.

This post is looney.

Guiness
09-17-2009, 12:37 PM
Good RBs are a dime a dozen. Good QBs are hard to find. Yes, Peterson is the best RB in the league, but the difference between him and Grant is lesser than the difference between Rodgers and a mediocre QB like Jackson or Rosenfelds. Add to that the undeniable fact (IMHO) that QB is the most important position on the field, and I wouldn't dream of trading Rodgers for Peterson unless I knew the Packers had a strong replacement for ARod.

That gives good perspective. For an even trade, pick which of these combos you would want:

Rodgers and Grant
Jackson and Peterson
Rivers and Tomlinson
Roeth and Parker

For my money, one to give consideration to would be the SD duo...but I'm not sure I'd even rather Tomlinson over Grant at this point, and with what ppl have said about Rivers...

Guiness
09-17-2009, 12:41 PM
I might not trade Rodgers for Brady. He had a bad injury and is 32. He is at his ceiling and will decline sooner than later. I would need a younger QB. No on Peterson as well.

If Brady comes back ok, there's nothing to compare to him in the league...and at 32, he likely has 5-6 years left to play.

sheepshead
09-17-2009, 12:46 PM
nobody.

What like 12-15 teams are stable at QB any given year? Every team has one or more untouchable guys. ARod is ours and no way he gets traded for a running back.

hoosier
09-17-2009, 02:54 PM

That gives good perspective. For an even trade, pick which of these combos you would want:

Rodgers and Grant
Jackson and Peterson
Rivers and Tomlinson
Roeth and Parker

For my money, one to give consideration to would be the SD duo...but I'm not sure I'd even rather Tomlinson over Grant at this point, and with what ppl have said about Rivers...

I could be wrong but my gut feeling is that LT is at a point in his career that is comparable to where Ahman Green was in 2005, the year he got hurt. LT will never be the all-around force he was before last year, when he was both a threat to score every time he touched the ball, a sure bet to pick up tough yardage and an amazing receiver. LT today is like the Thanksgiving turkey the following Monday: it's still good but it just doesn't make you say wow anymore.

What are people saying about Rivers? Good or bad?

Guiness
09-17-2009, 03:00 PM
Many mentions, even earlier in this thread, that Rivers is an absolute headcase. He got into that shouting match with Cutler last year, I'm not sure what else this is based on.

cheesner
09-17-2009, 03:02 PM
Nobody.

Franchise QBs are tough to come by and bringing one in is a potential problem for chemistry issues. It is far too important of a position to not do whatever you can to have a elite QB on your team.

What it would take for me to make the deal, say with Minny, is AP, a defensive stud like Williams, and a couple of draft picks. It would have to be Herschel Walker all over again. Even then, I only make the deal if I know I have something good for a back up plan at QB. If I thought Flynn could be a really good QB, then I would do it.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-17-2009, 03:31 PM
Many mentions, even earlier in this thread, that Rivers is an absolute headcase. He got into that shouting match with Cutler last year, I'm not sure what else this is based on.

Shouting match with Cutler.

Based on all that has transpired with Cutler, seems like a shouting match proves that Rivers is completely normal.

Cheesehead Craig
09-17-2009, 04:30 PM
Losing their starting QB threw the team into a tailspin not even Joey Harrington could pull them out of.
BOMNF!

Reggie 92
09-17-2009, 04:39 PM
Since QB is the most important position in the game I'd consider Aaron untradeable at this point given his age, talent and leadership.

However if Albert Haynesworth AND Nnamdi Ashemwhoa (or however the heck you spell it) were offered for Aaron it'd be hard to turn down.

BallHawk
09-17-2009, 04:41 PM
Joe Flacco won the Ravens games, Partial? Seriously? I think Flacco has a bright future, but the Ravens won solely with their defense and sometimes in spite of Flacco. You think Flacco's 3 TDs passes in the final 7 games of the season, including 1 TD in 3 playoff games was the reason they made it to the AFC Championship game? That's laughable. I mean, we're talking about a guy who, until last Sunday, had never thrown for more than 2 TDs in a game.

And you'd trade Rodgers for him? Asinine.

Reggie 92
09-17-2009, 04:42 PM
I wouldn't be interested in drafts picks either as they're a crap shoot.

I'd need two proven studs at value positions that were both under the age of 27.

Partial
09-17-2009, 04:45 PM
Joe Flacco won the Ravens games, Partial? Seriously? I think Flacco has a bright future, but the Ravens won solely with their defense and sometimes in spite of Flacco. You think Flacco's 3 TDs passes in the final 7 games of the season, including 1 TD in 3 playoff games was the reason they made it to the AFC Championship game? That's laughable. I mean, we're talking about a guy who, until last Sunday, had never thrown for more than 2 TDs in a game.

And you'd trade Rodgers for him? Asinine.

I did not say I would trade Rodgers for him, for one, and while he may not have been carrying the team on his back, he put up a W because he didn't play outside of his capabilities and lose the game.

Cheesehead Craig
09-17-2009, 05:06 PM
Wouldn't trade Rodgers for anyone.

Ryan's solid, Flacco's a downgrade, Young's got issues, Cutler's way too wild.

RBs aren't worth trading a franchise QB for.

Freak Out
09-17-2009, 05:08 PM
I think I'd stand pat with Rodgers for now....AP is tempting but I think long haul you stick with Rodgers.

packerbacker1234
09-18-2009, 01:56 AM
3 way trade that nabs us Ryan/Flacco and Andre Johnson or Adrian Peterson.

Gotta get 2 for 1. Ryan looks like the best 1 for 1 trade value, since he's younger.

sheepshead
09-18-2009, 06:47 AM
Dear Mr Thompson,

Trade Rodgers for a 2013 3rd rounder and a bag of footballs,

Signed,

Partial

Partial
09-18-2009, 07:37 AM
Dear Mr Thompson,

Signed,

Partial

No one thinks you're funny. Stop impersonating people douchebag. I have asked you in the past to stop.

Read the fucking you post you god damn idiot.

sheepshead
09-18-2009, 07:39 AM
Dear Mr Thompson,

Signed,

Partial

No one thinks you're funny. Stop impersonating people douchebag. I have asked you in the past to stop.

Charming.

Besides, everyone thinks I'm funny...and you...pathetic.

Freak Out
09-18-2009, 12:36 PM
Dear Mr Thompson,

Signed,

Partial

Charming.

You both have legions of adoring fans...... :lol:

Zool
09-18-2009, 12:41 PM
Dear Mr Thompson,

Signed,

Partial

Charming.

You both have legions of adoring fans...... :lol:

Just in case both of you missed it

Lurker64
09-18-2009, 12:57 PM
Dear Mr Thompson,

Signed,

Partial

Charming.

1/2 ain't that bad.

mraynrand
09-18-2009, 01:02 PM
Dear Mr Thompson,

Signed,

Partial

No one thinks you're funny. Stop impersonating people.

This exchange is kind of funny, if you stop and think about what 'impersonation' means.

SnakeLH2006
09-18-2009, 02:39 PM

This post is looney.

Never have you been so lucid as when you typed those last words.

Aww man, Skin. You beat me to it.

My fingers were just itching to prime up the quote, bold, and submit buttons exactly like that with a funny, short anecdote followup. Damn. :cry:

SnakeLH2006
09-18-2009, 02:42 PM
Well, seeing Arod for the past year plus, his upside is still tremendous at what 25-26 years old? Personally, I can't think of one player I'd really want for Arod at this point. He's a tremendous leader, plays the most crucial position, and knows our offense in and out. Let's go down the list:

Adrian Peterson- The closest I would go to trading Arod, but his injury history scares me, as does the short shelf life of NFL RB's...esp. with his violent running style. Look at Tomlinson in SD right now.

Matt Ryan- The closest QB I'd trade for, but no. To trade ARod, you'd want to ENSURE that the QB you are getting can play in the same system, but most importantly have a FOR SURE upside to even ARod's. I believe ARod will be a top 5 QB for the better part of the next 10 years or so. I belive Ryan will be too, but who's to say Ryan will be better? Thus, not worth the trade IMO.

Mario Williams- He may be great, but one dominant DE doesn't affect winning the game as much as one dominant QB.

Patrick Willis- He's great, but good LB's are a dime a dozen in the NFL. Great, young QB's are not....

Drew Brees- He's a great story, but I'd be afraid how short and small he is. He might be a system guy that strives in the NO offense. Besides that, he's what 30 or so? No thanks.

Tom Brady- Prob. the best player in the league by far, when healthy. Great poise, leadership, accuracy, what a winner. Too bad he's 32 and coming off a blown out knee...No thanks, but it's close.

Big Ben- I like the guy. But I don't think he'll be around by the time he's 32 cuz of his injury history. He just takes too many hits...way too many. No thanks.

Flacco- I respect Flacco, but where's the puke emoticon? :shock:

Peyton- I thought he was in decline early last season, but I was wrong. Personally, I think he's got maybe 2 good years left with those bulky knees. Nope.

Eli- See Flacco. Except Eli is kind of a bitch.

-------------------------------------------------

I really think it would take a package of draft picks and great young players to get Arod, but I doubt TT would EVER trade Arod, at least until he talks about retiring a dozen or so times...

:shock:

SkinBasket
09-18-2009, 02:49 PM
http://api.ning.com/files/azZy6srNVX9buD7W26*qzW-LaQlR63p0CKC44rqaFbqtq*m--hPT7CqpbCEBPBbEbDxMejsLDC4jBtP3dryT4z2Dcbi*D*yC/dumb_ass.jpg

SnakeLH2006
09-18-2009, 02:56 PM
http://api.ning.com/files/azZy6srNVX9buD7W26*qzW-LaQlR63p0CKC44rqaFbqtq*m--hPT7CqpbCEBPBbEbDxMejsLDC4jBtP3dryT4z2Dcbi*D*yC/dumb_ass.jpg

:shock: :lol: :lol: BWWWAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!! That is fricking awesome, Skin! I ain't messing with that guy!

Tyrone Bigguns
09-18-2009, 03:40 PM
Dear Mr Thompson,

Signed,

Partial

Charming.

Dude,

Nobody thinks you are funny, regardless of our opinions of partial.

MOBB DEEP
09-18-2009, 03:52 PM
Well, seeing Arod for the past year plus, his upside is still tremendous at what 25-26 years old? Personally, I can't think of one player I'd really want for Arod at this point. He's a tremendous leader, plays the most crucial position, and knows our offense in and out. Let's go down the list:

Adrian Peterson- The closest I would go to trading Arod, but his injury history scares me, as does the short shelf life of NFL RB's...esp. with his violent running style. Look at Tomlinson in SD right now.

Matt Ryan- The closest QB I'd trade for, but no. To trade ARod, you'd want to ENSURE that the QB you are getting can play in the same system, but most importantly have a FOR SURE upside to even ARod's. I believe ARod will be a top 5 QB for the better part of the next 10 years or so. I belive Ryan will be too, but who's to say Ryan will be better? Thus, not worth the trade IMO.

Mario Williams- He may be great, but one dominant DE doesn't affect winning the game as much as one dominant QB.

Patrick Willis- He's great, but good LB's are a dime a dozen in the NFL. Great, young QB's are not....

Drew Brees- He's a great story, but I'd be afraid how short and small he is. He might be a system guy that strives in the NO offense. Besides that, he's what 30 or so? No thanks.

Tom Brady- Prob. the best player in the league by far, when healthy. Great poise, leadership, accuracy, what a winner. Too bad he's 32 and coming off a blown out knee...No thanks, but it's close.

Big Ben- I like the guy. But I don't think he'll be around by the time he's 32 cuz of his injury history. He just takes too many hits...way too many. No thanks.

Flacco- I respect Flacco, but where's the puke emoticon? :shock:

Peyton- I thought he was in decline early last season, but I was wrong. Personally, I think he's got maybe 2 good years left with those bulky knees. Nope.

Eli- See Flacco. Except Eli is kind of a bitch.

-------------------------------------------------

I really think it would take a package of draft picks and great young players to get Arod, but I doubt TT would EVER trade Arod, at least until he talks about retiring a dozen or so times...

:shock:

Good post

Although I love me some P. Willis

Patler
09-18-2009, 04:12 PM
The really interesting thing to me is that with Rodgers you have three years of learning experience over Flacco and Ryan for very littler extra in actual age.

Rodgers- 25 born 12/2/83
Flacco - 24 born 1/16 85
Ryan - 24 born 5/17/85

Rodgers is 13 months older than Flacco and 17 months older than Ryan, but is entering his 5th NFL season while the other two are in their 2nd. Phillip Rivers has been in the league one more season than Rodgers, but is a full two years older. Same for Rothlisberger, less just 3 months. Of course Rothlisberger has a lot more playing experience.

With Rodgers the Packers got the opportunity to let him set for a good long time (3 years), yet still have a long time for him to gain playing experience before hitting his prime QB years (late '20s through mid 30's)

superfan
09-18-2009, 04:19 PM
An analogy for trading Rodgers -

You've been dating the same girl for 5 years. She's smart, sexy, fun, well liked - basically everything you could ask for. You know everything about her, and she knows everything about you. Things are going well, and everybody is happy.

You meet another girl who is perhaps slightly sexier, slightly smarter, slightly more fun. But you don't know if you have the same interests, if a relationship with this other girl would go smoothly or not. And you're pretty sure the family wouldn't be too pleased if you switched to the other girl.

Making a switch in this situation is rarely a good move.

MOBB DEEP
09-18-2009, 04:24 PM
Ummmmm...Favre?! :shock:

sheepshead
09-18-2009, 04:30 PM

:shock: :lol: :lol: BWWWAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!! That is fricking awesome, Skin! I ain't messing with that guy!

That's a beauty!

Partial
09-18-2009, 05:48 PM
Dear Mr Thompson,

Signed,

Partial

Charming.

Actually, you might be the only person here who gets more shit than me. It's not because they think you're funny.

sheepshead
09-18-2009, 05:56 PM
Dear Mr Thompson,

Signed,

Partial

Charming.

Actually, you might be the only person here who gets more shit than me. It's not because they think you're funny.

yeah, but I don't kick my moms dog, rip the Jonas brothers poster off my sisters wall and throw my bag of Doritos across the basement like you do.

Partial
09-18-2009, 06:02 PM
Dear Mr Thompson,

Signed,

Partial

Charming.

yeah, but I don't kick my moms dog, rip the Jonas brothers poster off my sisters wall and throw my bag of Doritos across the basement like you do.

First of all, what the fuck are you talking about?

Second of all, you've got internet balls, I'll give you that. I can only imagine that they will shrivel up into nothing when actually confronted in real life. I could continue, but you're not worth my time.

This stops now. Do not respond to my posts. Don't even read them. Don't mention my name, consider it removed from your vocabulary.

Lurker64
09-18-2009, 06:08 PM
Do not respond to my posts. Don't even read them. Don't mention my name, consider it removed from your vocabulary.

Since your name is a common word, this might prove difficult. Would you consider changing your username to something a word that's unlikely to occur in normal circumstances, so the request to "remove it from your vocabulary" is actually reasonably possible? Maybe just append or prepend some random string of letters and numbers?

Partial
09-18-2009, 06:09 PM
Do not respond to my posts. Don't even read them. Don't mention my name, consider it removed from your vocabulary.

Since your name is a common word, this might prove difficult. Would you consider changing your username to something a word that's unlikely to occur in normal circumstances, so the request to "remove it from your vocabulary" is actually reasonably possible? Maybe just append or prepend some random string of letters and numbers?

Whatever it takes.

sheepshead
09-18-2009, 06:13 PM
It's just humor man, your skin is exceptionally thin. When you bloviate as you do without end, you should be prepared to take a ribbing now and again, really.

SkinBasket
09-18-2009, 06:58 PM
This stops now. Do not respond to my posts. Don't even read them. Don't mention my name, consider it removed from your vocabulary.

Maybe it would be easier if you acceded to your own demands instead of making them of someone else.

mission
09-18-2009, 07:12 PM
Dear Mr Thompson,

Signed,

Partial

Charming.

Pacopete was the only guy with that distinction. Let's not get carried away.

Administrator
09-18-2009, 11:16 PM
It's just humor man, your skin is exceptionally thin. When you bloviate as you do without end, you should be prepared to take a ribbing now and again, really.

It isn't funny humor. Knock it off.

Administrator
09-18-2009, 11:18 PM
First of all, what the fuck are you talking about?

Second of all, you've got internet balls, I'll give you that. I can only imagine that they will shrivel up into nothing when actually confronted in real life. I could continue, but you're not worth my time.

This goes for you too, internet tough guy #2. Knock it off.

mraynrand
09-18-2009, 11:28 PM
You've been dating the same girl for 5 years. She's smart, sexy, fun, well liked - basically everything you could ask for. You know everything about her, and she knows everything about you. Things are going well, and everybody is happy.

Could you explain why you aren't married???

Oh, that's right, you're happy and don't want to mess it up! :lol:

MJZiggy
09-19-2009, 08:10 AM
They have a live-in, contractual agreement.

falco
09-19-2009, 08:25 AM
Thanks for fucking up a nice thread guys.

sheepshead
09-19-2009, 09:19 AM

Actually, it was kind of dumb.

falco
09-19-2009, 11:01 AM

Actually, it was kind of dumb.

:roll:

How are you even still here?

sheepshead
09-19-2009, 11:49 AM
well it was everyones answer was the same..no one.

Fritz
09-19-2009, 11:52 AM
Au contraire. I agreed with Ty that I might do it for a Hadl-like sum - Matt Ryan and two first rounders, or something equally ridiculous.

And that won't happen, but never say never. Say Ricky Williams or Herschel Walker or John Hadl.

sheepshead
09-19-2009, 12:13 PM

So no humor? no ribbing? youll have some cleaning up to do.

Dabaddestbear
09-20-2009, 07:34 PM
ummm.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-20-2009, 07:36 PM

So no humor? no ribbing? youll have some cleaning up to do.

Admin,

Please start the cleaning with Sheep.

HarveyWallbangers
10-04-2009, 05:38 PM

I like Flacco a lot, but I heard an interesting stat today. Flacco has engineered exactly ZERO game-winning drives. To show that it's not just on the QB, Flacco was leading a comeback today and Mark Clayton dropped a 4th down pass that hit him in the numbers (per the radio show I was listening to). Kind of like how Crosby missed two FGs last year for Rodgers.

red
10-04-2009, 05:40 PM

I like Flacco a lot, but I heard an interesting stat today. Flacco has engineered exactly ZERO game-winning drives. To show that it's not just on the QB, Flacco was leading a comeback today and Mark Clayton dropped a 4th down pass that hit him in the numbers (per the radio show I was listening to). Kind of like how Crosby missed two FGs last year for Rodgers.

yes, it literally hit him in the numbers, AFTER going threw his hands. it was a pretty sad end to a promising drive

channtheman
10-04-2009, 05:44 PM

You have to factor in wind resistance, how hard the QB threw the ball, the touch on the ball, did the QB look at the receiver funny when he threw the ball? You don't know. But drops are usually on the QB.

Rastak
10-04-2009, 05:45 PM

You have to factor in wind resistance, how hard the QB threw the ball, the touch on the ball, did the QB look at the receiver funny when he threw the ball? You don't know. But drops are usually on the QB.

I this case it was 100% the receiver....he put it right where it needed to be.

edit: doh! Was that supposed to be some kind of shot?

Partial
10-04-2009, 05:46 PM

I'm assuming this is supposed to be some sort of cocky ass smart remark. Is this necessary? No. Have I ever said or proposed anything of the sort? No.

SkinBasket
10-04-2009, 05:49 PM

I'm assuming this is supposed to be some sort of cocky ass smart remark. Is this necessary? No. Have I ever said or proposed anything of the sort? No.

How about if we talk football and stop insulting people and their opinions?

channtheman
10-04-2009, 05:52 PM

What? This is just my opinion. I haven't seen the throw but how do you know it wasn't on the QB? Maybe they have some sort of chemistry that the QB was off on the play?

Rastak
10-04-2009, 05:53 PM
channtheman, he laid it right in there. 100% on the WR.

Bossman641
10-04-2009, 06:05 PM

Ya, I'm pretty sure you have blamed the Packers drops on Rodgers

3. Catchability of the ball. The receivers have never had a case of the dropsies prior to ARod taking over, yet all of a sudden are dropping boat loads of passes. Could it be the ball is wobbling too much, or maybe thrown too hard, or possibly too high/low, etc?

Partial
10-04-2009, 06:10 PM

3. Catchability of the ball. The receivers have never had a case of the dropsies prior to ARod taking over, yet all of a sudden are dropping boat loads of passes. Could it be the ball is wobbling too much, or maybe thrown too hard, or possibly too high/low, etc?

Where does it say anything about all the blame? Surely every drop is partially on QB, same as both parties in a car accident are partially at blame. When there are two people involved in a transaction that fails, both are always partially to blame in my opinion.

Please do not try to twist my words into something they're not. Nowhere did I blame Rodgers. I said the receivers never had a problem catching the ball in the past and do now. Then I provided a list of potential things that could be contributing to this.

That is all I said. Nothing more, nothing less.

ChanMan, if you were legitimately not taking a personal shot, then I apologize. I highly doubt that you were not... but I could wrong.

Bossman641
10-04-2009, 06:10 PM
Receiver dropping balls? Throw a more catchable ball. I'm don't recall the same fleet of guys have dropsies for the HOFer. Drops are never just the receivers fault as its a two person exchange.

Partial
10-04-2009, 06:12 PM
Receiver dropping balls? Throw a more catchable ball. I'm don't recall the same fleet of guys have dropsies for the HOFer. Drops are never just the receivers fault as its a two person exchange.

Right. Exactly. Please read that outloud and tell me what it says. It says it's a two person exchange, and thus no single person is at blame. That goes against the point you're making, it does not support it.

Bossman641
10-04-2009, 06:13 PM

Where does it say anything about all the blame? Surely every drop is partially on QB, same as both parties in a car accident are partially at blame. When there are two people involved in a transaction that fails, both are always partially to blame in my opinion.

Please do not try to twist my words into something they're not. Nowhere did I blame Rodgers. I said the receivers never had a problem catching the ball in the past and do now. Then I provided a list of potential things that could be contributing to this.

That is all I said. Nothing more, nothing less.

ChanMan, if you were legitimately not taking a personal shot, then I apologize. I highly doubt that you were not... but I could wrong.

Your original argument had nothing to do with all the blame vs. some of the blame.

I guess we just have different expectations of the quarterback. If he puts it in a place where the WR can get 2 hands on it, I place 100% of the blame on the WR.

My mistake, I'm sorry.

Partial
10-04-2009, 06:17 PM
I do not blame a receiver solely if he gets two hands on the ball. That is far too black and white of a view. I can think of 10+ scenarios right now where that is completely unreasonable. What about horrible thrown balls that a receiver makes a crazy effort to get some paws on it while about to get decleated or going out the back of the end zone or diving or sprinting to the sidelines?

I don't think that is fair at all.

channtheman
10-04-2009, 06:36 PM
I do not blame a receiver solely if he gets two hands on the ball. That is far too black and white of a view. I can think of 10+ scenarios right now where that is completely unreasonable. What about horrible thrown balls that a receiver makes a crazy effort to get some paws on it while about to get decleated or going out the back of the end zone or diving or sprinting to the sidelines?

I don't think that is fair at all.

Okay it was a shot and I apologize for that Partial. It does seem like you place more blame on Rodgers than you did on Favre especially since we all always thought it was so cool how Favre threw unnecessary bullets that broke receievers hand yet they still would catch them.

Most of our drops this year I would place 100% blame on the receivers. Jordy's drop where he was diving down the sideline could be 50.50. He had it in his hands but a slightly better throw and he easily is right there. But than maybe Jordy slowed down so he would have been right on target. We don't know all that. But GENERALLY, you can place most of the blame on the receiver. To say that it is more often the QB's fault would make no sense. Which whether or not you think you imply it, it seems like you are.

Rastak
10-04-2009, 06:40 PM
Way to man up channtheman.

I think it's the receiver's fault 100% of the time since I do not consider a poorly thrown ball to be a "drop". If you throw it 100 miles an hour on a 5 yard pass it;s a piss poor throw, not a drop. Semantics perhaps.

falco
10-04-2009, 06:44 PM
My thread has been derailed! Again. :cry:

channtheman
10-04-2009, 06:44 PM
I have to add Partial, I don't think anyone here is talking about crazy scenarios like that except for you. I think everyone agrees that bad passes are more excusable and usually place the blame on the QB. But looking at the drops this year, I can only see a few that I would blame on Rodgers. Our "elite" receivers are not helping Rodgers out at all when the ball is right on target.

falco
10-04-2009, 06:46 PM
I have to add Partial, I don't think anyone here is talking about crazy scenarios like that except for you. I think everyone agrees that bad passes are more excusable and usually place the blame on the QB. But looking at the drops this year, I can only see a few that I would blame on Rodgers. Our "elite" receivers are not helping Rodgers out at all when the ball is right on target.

Yes - in particular during the Bengals game I know Finley and Jennings both had drive ending drops that landed right in their hands.

Partial
10-04-2009, 06:59 PM

If that is the case, then we cannot speak in absolutes. I do expect the receivers to catch a reasonable ball that hits them in the chest or hands.

channtheman
10-04-2009, 09:46 PM

If that is the case, then we cannot speak in absolutes. I do expect the receivers to catch a reasonable ball that hits them in the chest or hands.

Well than I think you and everyone here is in agreement. The thing that gets people riled up is when you bring up that the pass is a two person affair (which it is) and that you can't place all the blame on the receiver but you have no examples from the drops that the Packers have had that would indicate that it was Rodgers fault.

Partial
10-06-2009, 04:56 PM
He only has three reads in our offense and I tell him exactly who 1, 2 and 3 are. When you stay in tune with that, the time clock fits and it's not protection.

Aaron Rodgers had a ton of positive production. But he had some plays he'll wish he had back. We didn't call plays where you hold onto the ball. "A number of the them (sacks) could have been avoided, clearly."

You've got to trust the read and that didn't happen all the time.

Basically my thoughts too.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-06-2009, 05:01 PM
He only has three reads in our offense and I tell him exactly who 1, 2 and 3 are. When you stay in tune with that, the time clock fits and it's not protection.

Aaron Rodgers had a ton of positive production. But he had some plays he'll wish he had back. We didn't call plays where you hold onto the ball. "A number of the them (sacks) could have been avoided, clearly."

You could say that about that every qb in the league every game...excluding Favre of course.

Arod missed 11 passes all nite. How many more should he have hit...4? 5? If your standard is that in order for the pack to win, arod has to hit 31 of 36....well, fuckit, we might as well quit right now. Bert couldn't do it...nor should he be required to....same standard right?

MichiganPackerFan
10-06-2009, 05:32 PM
I'm in-between on this one. Certainly the O-line didn't help, but he also needs to get the ball out quicker. MM should be calling shorter quicker plays. It depends where the reads are: if the first one's not until 20 yards or so down field, he's taking sack after sack before it can develop. Quick 5-10 yards to your possession guys, screen, run and hit the deep ones. We've got an offense that can do this!

Partial
10-06-2009, 07:21 PM

You could say that about that every qb in the league every game...excluding Favre of course.

Arod missed 11 passes all nite. How many more should he have hit...4? 5? If your standard is that in order for the pack to win, arod has to hit 31 of 36....well, fuckit, we might as well quit right now. Bert couldn't do it...nor should he be required to....same standard right?

I'm not talking about passes he missed. I'm talking about passes he didn't take (or throw away) that resulted in big losses of down, time, momentum and yardage. This is four weeks in a row we've been beating the same dead horse. It seems to be a consist problem.

mmmdk
10-06-2009, 07:47 PM

I'm not talking about passes he missed. I'm talking about passes he didn't take (or throw away) that resulted in big losses of down, time, momentum and yardage. This is four weeks in a row we've been beating the same dead horse. It seems to be a consist problem.

I agree with you Part but I don't a consistent problem with AR. If so (very, very unlikely) then Rodgers is out of the league in 3-5 years or holding a clipboard as 3rd stringer.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-06-2009, 07:51 PM

We are talking about out of 11. He completed 26.

How many of those do you think? How many do you think MM is talking about.

Again, if you expect Arod to go 31-36 for us to win....we should forfeit now.

You wouldn't expect Bert to have to go 31-36 for us to win...you would look at other areas as problems.

Partial
10-06-2009, 07:55 PM
Gruden mentioned 4 sacks that ARod took as a result of holding on too long. I mentioned a few other in previous weeks. I say about 10 on the year (half) off the top of my head.

mmmdk
10-06-2009, 07:59 PM

You wouldn't expect Bert to have to go 31-36 for us to win...you would look at other areas as problems.

My bad; read too fast. I thought we were talking about the sacks too. AR needs to play faster and use the force...let the game slow down. Receivers aren't always open then it could benifit to throw it away. Not take sack(s).

I think our receivers are dropping a lot of passes this season - that has happened to BF too. A stat guy please? Patler?

Tyrone Bigguns
10-06-2009, 08:02 PM
Gruden mentioned 4 sacks that ARod took as a result of holding on too long. I mentioned a few other in previous weeks. I say about 10 on the year (half) off the top of my head.

Ok. that still has him with 4 sacks..unacceptable. And, running for his life. And, not knowing which linemen is gonna breakdown.

You wouldn't be saying this about favre if he was on a pace of 4 sacks a game..for 64 sacks. No matter how you spin it.....Arod is under duress.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-06-2009, 08:04 PM

My bad; read too fast. I thought we were talking about the sacks too. AR needs to play faster and use the force...let the game slow down. Receivers aren't always open then it could benifit to throw it away. Not take sack(s).

I think our receivers are dropping a lot of passes this season - that has happened to BF too. A stat guy please? Patler?

Play faster? Maybe...but, i watched and counted..and there were guys in his face on the 3 count...that is way unacceptable. He isn't even getting a chance to scan the field.

Take away his mistakes that led to a sack..and you still have him with 4 or 5...and constant harassment. Unacceptable.

Arod had a 110 rating...and his was getting hammered. Most qbs woulda been outta there.

mmmdk
10-06-2009, 08:07 PM

Play faster? Maybe...but, i watched and counted..and there were guys in his face on the 3 count...that is way unacceptable. He isn't even getting a chance to scan the field.

Take away his mistakes that led to a sack..and you still have him with 4 or 5...and constant harassment. Unacceptable.

Arod had a 110 rating...and his was getting hammered. Most qbs woulda been outta there.

True but I want AR to be Steve Young 2.0 :P

Partial
10-06-2009, 08:07 PM
Didn't say he wasn't, I posted quotes from the coach. Coach is alluding that at least some of the sacks are Rodgers fault.

mmmdk
10-06-2009, 08:13 PM
Didn't say he wasn't, I posted quotes from the coach. Coach is alluding that at least some of the sacks are Rodgers fault.

...and they are. But AR still is as talented as they come. He'll get it right but needs help from offense.

Maybe our offense guys are too used to the QB savior theme? Nah, OL still lacks talent/depth. Taush ! :P

Tyrone Bigguns
10-06-2009, 08:17 PM

Of course some of it is arod's fault. What MM said could be said about any qb any week of any season.

Even if Arod was 40-40..there still would be mistakes made.

Noting arod's problems and his ability to fix them is akin to asking you be a more efficient programmer when your boss has you working on a chair with 3 legs,a 386 computer that constantly freezes up, and a co worker who constantly interrupts you and needs your help. Can you become more efficient, yes.....would it help you if your boss solved the stupid problems that inhibit you...of course.

retailguy
10-06-2009, 09:32 PM

Of course some are Arod's problem. Partial, we've all been telling you that he's skittish. He's got ppl in his face every time he turns around. He never knows where it is coming, so (big shock here), he's watching the line, INSTEAD of the receivers. Duh.

He doesn't trust his protection so it is causing him to make mistakes. Fix the line, you fix the problem. ARod trusts his protection and starts finding that receiver when he gets a step on the db instead of afterwards.

The Leaper
10-06-2009, 09:38 PM
Rodgers is one of the 10 best QBs in the NFL.

Unfortunately, our OL is one of the 3 worst.

No QB can be successful behind our current OL.

pbmax
10-06-2009, 09:38 PM
Its also the coaches responsibility to keep the team together and that usually includes not calling out players or units in public. A more meaningful number to tell us the respective share of blame for pressure would the the time Rodgers has in the pocket. Even if its only 8 sacks, he had quick pressure on a number of other occasions.

Sacks are the only issue. A failure of the pocket in under 3 seconds is too fast and is happening too often.

channtheman
10-07-2009, 01:13 AM
Rodgers is one of the 10 best QBs in the NFL.

Unfortunately, our OL is one of the 3 worst.

No QB can be successful behind our current OL.

Yet Arod is somehow being successful behind our line. imagine if our line didn't suck!

SnakeLH2006
10-07-2009, 01:26 AM

You wouldn't be saying this about favre if he was on a pace of 4 sacks a game..for 64 sacks.

Arod is on pace for 80 sacks for 2009, per ESPN.

channtheman
10-07-2009, 01:32 AM

You wouldn't be saying this about favre if he was on a pace of 4 sacks a game..for 64 sacks.

Well, no offense, but I figured that out in my head quite easily. 20 sacks 4 games. 4 x 4 = 16. 4 x 20 = 80.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-07-2009, 01:42 AM

Well, no offense, but I figured that out in my head quite easily. 20 sacks 4 games. 4 x 4 = 16. 4 x 20 = 80.

You and your fancy book lernin. Bet you have indoor plumbing too.

MichiganPackerFan
10-07-2009, 08:08 AM

Even if he's got half that many there is still room for improvement. He's still got upside, so we're set at that position. We just need to move the plays closer to the line of scrimmage and not only 20-40 yards downfield. THe small plays open up the big ones

MJZiggy
10-07-2009, 07:01 PM
To answer the original question of the thread, the answer is no one.