PDA

View Full Version : Wrong about Chillar

RashanGary
09-17-2009, 07:29 AM
Last year, I couldn't stand Chillar. I thought he was soft, kept getting run all over.

Maybe it was the new environment, maybe it was the scheme. . .

Whatever the case, besides Aaron Kampman, Chillar is our best linebacker. He's fantastic in coverage and our best interior blitzer. He looks average against the run. In sub defense where coverage and QB pressure are at a premium, that combination of skills makes a DC's job easier and should lead to a lot of big plays.

Last year, Chillar wasn't asked to blitz. Our linebackers seemed to always be chasing TE's and RB's. This year, they're playing downhill. Chillar seems to be our best downhill LB.

RashanGary
09-17-2009, 07:32 AM
Along with Collins, Colledge, Spitz, Kampman, Pickett and Jolly; we can add Chillar to the list of guys I want resigned this year.

Get it started Ted, we will be a dramatically better team with these veterans still in the fold next year.

Tarlam!
09-17-2009, 07:51 AM
As has been countlessly pointed out, the LB's job is made so much easier by having a stout DL. Ignoring schemes, I would say our DL this season with Jenkins in it, is far superior to last season's with him out of it.

Next, last year's ILB, Barnett was injured and replaced by our otherwise Will backer, which didn't go so well. That screwed up LBing, period at Green Bay.

I think Chillar is the same guy. He is coached differently maybe, has a different role maybe, but essentially to think he was weak was silly.

Kudos on your thread title, though, Nick. At least you're prepared to man up about it.

Deputy Nutz
09-17-2009, 08:10 AM
Chillar is a good blitzer, is decent in coverage, he is really no better or worse than Barnett or Hawk.

He is athletic, probably our most athletic linebacker, but he is a liability in the run game. He is a perfect fit for this defense that relies on different personel to run it's scheme.

I am beginning to warm on Chillar because this defense brings out another face of his game, his ability to blitz something you never saw last year.

RashanGary
09-17-2009, 08:18 AM
I am beginning to warm on Chillar because this defense brings out another face of his game, his ability to blitz something you never saw last year.

That's it for me too. They're showcasing his best skills. The last defense didn't do that.

Partial
09-17-2009, 08:25 AM
I was listening to WSSP and they had Bedard on. He said all of training camp the two linebackers who were blowing things up and wreaking havoc (for better or worse) was Chillar and Bishop.

Cannot believe they didn't use Bishop at all last week. He is a playmaker imo. He may not be the most well rounded player but he is exceptional at blitzing and blowing up the run.

Patler
09-17-2009, 09:00 AM
I was listening to WSSP and they had Bedard on. He said all of training camp the two linebackers who were blowing things up and wreaking havoc (for better or worse) was Chillar and Bishop.

Cannot believe they didn't use Bishop at all last week. He is a playmaker imo. He may not be the most well rounded player but he is exceptional at blitzing and blowing up the run.

This just proves what is often true in all pro sports - it is not necessarily how well you do at times, but how often you do wrong that matters most. They seem to not yet trust that Bishop will not make a mistake, or they would be playing him more for the positives you mention.

HarveyWallbangers
09-17-2009, 09:48 AM
Between our LBs that actually play a lot (minus Matthews because I haven't seen enough of him), I'd rank them like this in each category

Run defense: Hawk, Barnett, Kampman, Poppinga, Chillar
Pass rushing: Kampman, Chillar, Barnett, Hawk, Poppinga
Coverage: Barnett, Chillar, Hawk, Poppinga, Kampman

Matthews appears to have the potential to excel in all three areas. I like the combinaton of LBs.

Fritz
09-17-2009, 09:59 AM
McCarthy did say this week that he wants to get Bishop on the field with the defense this weekend.

I do think too that a stout defensive line is making the linebackers look better. Let's hope they stay healthy, all of them, and that Raji gets back to help, too.

Cheesehead Craig
09-17-2009, 10:05 AM
Between our LBs that actually play a lot (minus Matthews because I haven't seen enough of him), I'd rank them like this in each category

Matthews appears to have the potential to excel in all three areas. I like the combinaton of LBs.

I think Hawk is pretty damn good in coverage and I'd rank him at the top. There's a big dropoff though in pass coverage after the top 3 though.

HarveyWallbangers
09-17-2009, 10:48 AM
I think Hawk is pretty damn good in coverage and I'd rank him at the top. There's a big dropoff though in pass coverage after the top 3 though.

It was also hard to decide on Barnett or Kampman in rush defense. Barnett will go sideline to sideline, but Kampman is stout at the point and he can shed blockers. I have to see how he does more out in space.

Harlan Huckleby
09-17-2009, 10:55 AM
I am beginning to warm on Chillar .

that's not exactly eating crow, but probably best we're gonna get.

Where is Waldo?

rbaloha1
09-17-2009, 10:58 AM

MM plans to get Bishop on the field. Keep the rotation going as fresh players can make impact players at the end of the game.

rbaloha1
09-17-2009, 11:00 AM
I am beginning to warm on Chillar .

that's not exactly eating grow, but probably best we're gonna get.

Where is Waldo?

Yes, it was comical to read that assessment when Chillar was continually praised by the staff as possibly the best lb in training camp. The scheme fits his abilities. Chilly is not a read and react lb just like Poop

bobblehead
09-17-2009, 11:23 AM
Chillar is a good blitzer, is decent in coverage, he is really no better or worse than Barnett or Hawk.

He is athletic, probably our most athletic linebacker, but he is a liability in the run game. He is a perfect fit for this defense that relies on different personel to run it's scheme.

Guy led the team in tackles against the bears posting 7 solo and 1 assist. Sooner or later that myth that waldo started: "weak against the run" is going to get dispelled. With the rams he was primarily a first and second down LB who was considered good against the run, but soft against the pass.

bobblehead
09-17-2009, 11:26 AM
Last year, I couldn't stand Chillar. I thought he was soft, kept getting run all over.

Whatever the case, besides Aaron Kampman, Chillar is our best linebacker. He's fantastic in coverage and our best interior blitzer. He looks average against the run. In sub defense where coverage and QB pressure are at a premium, that combination of skills makes a DC's job easier and should lead to a lot of big plays.

Last year, Chillar wasn't asked to blitz. Our linebackers seemed to always be chasing TE's and RB's. This year, they're playing downhill. Chillar seems to be our best downhill LB.

Welcome to the fan club JH...but I'm still the president.

SkinBasket
09-17-2009, 12:09 PM
I don't think you can blame people for being down on Chillar coming into this season. Last year he was supposed to come in and be the veritable Swiss army knife of the LB core. Turned out he played without confidence after losing the starting spot to Shitpings and when he had the perfect opportunity to shine due to injury, he just kind of held a spot on the field most of the time.

A new coaching staff has certainly helped him and his attitude. As does a scheme that thrives off of versatility. Of course, we should probably wait a few more games before blowing our load over the guy.

Guiness
09-17-2009, 12:17 PM

I'd argue we haven't seen enough of Kampman in this role either to really say how good he'll be.

I think we can extrapolate from last year that his pass rush and Run D will be good. I see you have in ranked behind Hawk and Barnett for run D? Is that because of doubt about how well he can tackle in space (or, at least, more space than he had at DE?).

Not sure why you have him last in coverage though. I think I saw him drop into coverage maybe twice against the Bears, and honestly didn't get a good look at how he did.

Waldo
09-17-2009, 12:19 PM

Guy led the team in tackles against the bears posting 7 solo and 1 assist. Sooner or later that myth that waldo started: "weak against the run" is going to get dispelled. .

I doubt it.

When we see him as a starter in base D, not due to injury, then I will eat crow.

Right now he is an extra DB brought in on nickel defense.

Reggie 92
09-17-2009, 05:39 PM
lokm

Partial
09-17-2009, 05:41 PM

Guy led the team in tackles against the bears posting 7 solo and 1 assist. Sooner or later that myth that waldo started: "weak against the run" is going to get dispelled. .

I doubt it.

When we see him as a starter in base D, not due to injury, then I will eat crow.

$$$ + egos + draft status. Not happening. We all know (evidently) other than you that he should be.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-17-2009, 05:44 PM

I doubt it.

$$$ + egos + draft status. Not happening. We all know (evidently) other than you that he should be.

And yet you don't apply that same standard to yourself.

Lurker64
09-17-2009, 05:45 PM
Chillar is a guy who has a chance to really succeed in a defense where a smart DC will consistently put him in positions that capitalize on his strengths and minimize his weaknesses. He's quite good at what he does well, but he's quite bad at what he does poorly. Personally, he's not a guy I would feel comfortable about starting in base unless the other 6 of the front 7 are exceptional players against the run, but he should get a lot of snaps in every game this season (unless the other team is just determined not to pass).

I would defer much more to Capers and McCarthy than to anybody on any message board as to how much he should be playing, when, and in what positions. I certainly don't think he should be starting, but I'm glad he's on the team.

Partial
09-17-2009, 05:48 PM
And yet you don't apply that same standard to yourself.

That doesn't even make sense.

Lurker64
09-17-2009, 05:52 PM
Guy led the team in tackles against the bears posting 7 solo and 1 assist.

This is a statistic that bears a closer look. Here are Chillar's appearances in the box score:

2nd Quarter:
(14:11) M.Forte left end to CHI 27 for 8 yards (B.Chillar).
(4:01) G.Wolfe up the middle to CHI 31 for 4 yards (B.Chillar).
(3:19) J.Cutler sacked at CHI 29 for -2 yards (B.Chillar).

3rd Quarter:
(12:04) M.Forte left end to GB 39 for 7 yards (B.Chillar).
(11:23) M.Forte left end to GB 37 for 2 yards (B.Chillar, N.Barnett).
(4:34) (Shotgun) M.Forte left tackle to GB 29 for 1 yard (A.Harris, B.Chillar).

4th Quarter:
(9:20) M.Forte left end to CHI 40 for 1 yard (B.Chillar).
(8:00) M.Forte left tackle to GB 31 for no gain (B.Chillar).

I think that's not really enough to singlehandedly dispell concerns about not being great against the run. Tackling 8, 7, and 4 yards downfield are not exactly positive plays in run defense.

sharpe1027
09-17-2009, 05:53 PM

I thought Kampman's play against the run was outstanding. I'd put him #1 based upon the Bears game, we'll see how he holds up once teams have tape on him as a LBer. What I saw was him standing up a tackle, containing the run and getting off the block to make the tackle.

Of course, I admit that I really don't know the first thing about evaluating his play, but those seem like good signs.

Partial
09-17-2009, 05:57 PM

This is a statistic that bears a closer look. Here are Chillar's appearances in the box score:

2nd Quarter:

3rd Quarter:

4th Quarter:

I think that's not really enough to singlehandedly dispell concerns about not being great against the run. Tackling 8, 7, and 4 yards downfield are not exactly positive plays in run defense.

Your logic is severely flawed. If you disregard the anomaly and obvious blown play (which since he made the tackle down field he likely wasn't a part of but I don't recall to be honest), it's 3 yards per carry.

Clearly, the plays in the backfield were plays he blew up. As for the other ones, it's evident to me he wasn't shooting the gap or anything, so who knows what really happened.

That said, that data actually makes him look pretty damn good, so thats something.

rbaloha1
09-17-2009, 06:25 PM

2nd Quarter:

3rd Quarter:

4th Quarter:

Your logic is severely flawed. If you disregard the anomaly and obvious blown play (which since he made the tackle down field he likely wasn't a part of but I don't recall to be honest), it's 3 yards per carry.

Clearly, the plays in the backfield were plays he blew up. As for the other ones, it's evident to me he wasn't shooting the gap or anything, so who knows what really happened.

That said, that data actually makes him look pretty damn good, so thats something.

Ditto. Words or stats do not tell the story. Tape and coaches grades -- not mumble jumble rhetoric.

Fritz
09-17-2009, 06:25 PM
Chillar is a guy who has a chance to really succeed in a defense where a smart DC will consistently put him in positions that capitalize on his strengths and minimize his weaknesses. He's quite good at what he does well, but he's quite bad at what he does poorly. Personally, he's not a guy I would feel comfortable about starting in base unless the other 6 of the front 7 are exceptional players against the run, but he should get a lot of snaps in every game this season (unless the other team is just determined not to pass).

I would defer much more to Capers and McCarthy than to anybody on any message board as to how much he should be playing, when, and in what positions. I certainly don't think he should be starting, but I'm glad he's on the team.

My theory is that Matt Millen and Al Davis ran their teams in ways that people on message boards would.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-17-2009, 09:08 PM

My theory is that Matt Millen and Al Davis ran their teams in ways that people on message boards would.

I'm not defending al..ok, a bit...but, comparing him to Millen is way wrong.

We all can make fun of him...but, the raiders have a superbowl appearance his decade...detroit doesnt...neither do we.

Harlan Huckleby
09-17-2009, 09:44 PM
I want to see the starting linebackers be Aaron Kampman, A.J. Hawk, Clay Matthews and Brandon Chillar.

Do you see where I'm going? The White Curtain. The Caucasian Crunch. That would be great and its about F-ing time. Me and my militia group will have tee-shirts made. I really doubt there is an NFL team with all white linebackers.

Lurker64
09-17-2009, 09:46 PM
I want to see the starting linebackers be Aaron Kampman, A.J. Hawk, Clay Matthews and Brandon Chillar.

Do you see where I'm going? The White Curtain. The Caucasian Crunch. That would be great and its about F-ing time. Me and my militia group will have tee-shirts made. I really doubt there is an NFL team with all white linebackers.

Isn't Chillar of East Indies extraction, and hence "not a white guy in the conventional sense"?

MJZiggy
09-17-2009, 09:47 PM
Just keep him out of the sun. It's Green Bay. How hard can it be?

Harlan Huckleby
09-17-2009, 09:50 PM
Isn't Chillar of East Indies extraction, and hence "not a white guy in the conventional sense"?

I always thought he was Italian or something.

Thanks for the heads up. Spencer Havner is in the wings.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-17-2009, 09:52 PM

yeah, he is definitely a "mud" person. Oi, Oi, Oi!!!!

KYPack
09-17-2009, 09:55 PM

I always thought he was Italian or something.

Thanks for the heads up. Spencer Havner is in the wings.

I dunno Harlan.

Where does your klavern stand on people from India?

No Whitey to be sure, but still in the Commonwealth & all that.

Chillar is the 3rd player of Indian descent to make the NFL.

The other two?

Bobby Singh and Sanjay Beach.

I just thought Sanjay had a goofy first name.

bobblehead
09-17-2009, 10:14 PM

BULLSHIT for the 100th time. The man is NOT weak against the run. He played base all fucking game long. He led the team in tackles. While Hawk and Barnett were rotating Chillar was in the game. Barnett got the start as veterans respect, but chillar was the one in the game.

bobblehead
09-17-2009, 10:17 PM

2nd Quarter:

3rd Quarter:

4th Quarter:

yea, on 7 carries they got 22 yards...what a pussy..oh yea, and I hardly think the left end run for 7 was his responsibility. I mean, after all, if NO ONE else made a tackle before him its obviously evidence of what again??

Wasn't forte supposed to be mega stud?? and when chillar was hitting him he got 22 yards...nice.

Partial
09-17-2009, 10:22 PM

BULLSHIT for the 100th time. The man is NOT weak against the run. He played base all fucking game long. He led the team in tackles. While Hawk and Barnett were rotating Chillar was in the game. Barnett got the start as veterans respect, but chillar was the one in the game.

Dude, calm down, Lurker has transformed into Waldo mini by basically just copying everything he says. The difference in Lurker's posting style two years ago to today is night and day.

I'm with you 100%. Chillar looks like a very good player. He had one obvious bad play during the game, and many good ones. Very, very good game. I'm hoping Bishop can get onto the field with him. Watch out!

Deputy Nutz
09-17-2009, 10:35 PM
Bishop is a retard that can run hard through a gap. Throw out responsibility for anything on the field and he is your guy.

Partial
09-17-2009, 10:41 PM
Bishop is a retard that can run hard through a gap. Throw out responsibility for anything on the field and he is your guy.

I don't know, Bedard is adament that every day of camp the two LB playmakers were Chillar and Bishop, even in every day practice. They could use somebody who can blitz and hit like he can. I like the way he approaches the game.

HarveyWallbangers
09-17-2009, 10:46 PM
You know more than Bedard.

Waldo
09-17-2009, 10:49 PM
You know more than Bedard.

That isn't much of an accomplishment.

pbmax
09-18-2009, 01:17 AM

Not bull****. Chillar was not in base. We spent most of the game in nickel to counter the TEs.

But Chillar had a play in nickel (with Barnett I think) where a guard and one other blocker got on him and the other LBer and Chillar could not get off the block until the back was past.

Now everyone has bad plays, so I can't say this is par for the course, but when you see Chillar fill a gap, take on a block, disengage and make the tackle while the back is in front of him, then I will join you in asking for him to start in base. Until I see it, I trust what I saw last year. Somebody has go to stay home and plug the gap in base and I don't think that guy is Chillar.

Partial
09-18-2009, 07:32 AM
The way that I see it is they're trying to keep the locker room at peace and quiet loud mouths like Barnett by having Chillar sit but still play a lot of snaps. IMO he probably should be starting, especially given the lack of time Barnett has played in camp.

SkinBasket
09-18-2009, 07:36 AM
The way that I see it is they're trying to keep the locker room at peace and quiet loud mouths like Barnett by having Chillar sit but still play a lot of snaps. IMO he probably should be starting, especially given the lack of time Barnett has played in camp.

You certainly have a lot of knowledge of the Packer locker room and personal relationships. Between this and the utter devastation on and off the field you reported following the Ruvell Martin episode, it's a wonder we can still field a team.

Or these could just be football decisions. Maybe.

bobblehead
09-18-2009, 09:59 AM

Not bull****. Chillar was not in base. We spent most of the game in nickel to counter the TEs.

But Chillar had a play in nickel (with Barnett I think) where a guard and one other blocker got on him and the other LBer and Chillar could not get off the block until the back was past.

Now everyone has bad plays, so I can't say this is par for the course, but when you see Chillar fill a gap, take on a block, disengage and make the tackle while the back is in front of him, then I will join you in asking for him to start in base. Until I see it, I trust what I saw last year. Somebody has go to stay home and plug the gap in base and I don't think that guy is Chillar.

Exactly, everyone has some bad plays. I see Hawk get washed by guards all the time...probably because he is in on base more often so it happens to him more often. Barnett virtually NEVER takes on a guard, he relies on sideline to sideline speed to make most of his tackles in the run game.

Look, I'm a barnett fan, I think Hawk is solid, I just think the COMPLETE skill set of chillar is superior to both, and the fact he was on the field more against a run first team featuring Matt Forte, I would say the coaching staff likes him plenty.

BTW, where did someone find the snaps played, I looked all over for it.

edit: my bad on the "he played base". I meant he played on first and 10 plenty, and in all downs and situations. In the TRUE 3-4 base that we played he was not in the lineup. We just happened to play LESS of that than the lineups he DID play in.

SnakeLH2006
09-18-2009, 02:52 PM

Good topic, and Snake agrees. I've warmed to Chillar, too. He actually looks like he has football instincts this year. Must be the scheme, as it's making all the LB's look faster, and more explosive...well except for slimmed-down Kampy. :cry: What happened to that guy?

HarveyWallbangers
09-18-2009, 04:49 PM
I thought Kampman was good in this game. Stopped the run, got a few obvious pressures, and wasn't exposed in coverage.

BTW, I like Kampman, Hawk, Chillar, Barnett, and Matthews (even Poppinga as a backup or situational player).

Great play by Chillar here:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/chicago-bears/09000d5d8129bb24/Packers-Defense-Highlight-WK-01-vs-Bears-2009

Partial
09-18-2009, 05:46 PM

You certainly have a lot of knowledge of the Packer locker room and personal relationships. Between this and the utter devastation on and off the field you reported following the Ruvell Martin episode, it's a wonder we can still field a team.

Or these could just be football decisions. Maybe.

Well, he was player of the game week 1 after getting a game ball.

He was player of training camp at LB according to the coaches.

He was the best linebacker on the team last year according to coaches.

So you tell me. Where is the coaches decision? For whats its worth, he is a starter. He gets announced with the starting linebackers and plays as many snaps. That's a starter.

vince
09-18-2009, 06:12 PM
Chalk him up as yet another great free agent signing by TT! ;-)

RashanGary
09-18-2009, 06:23 PM
Most of the staunch Thompson haters also happen to be staunch Sherman apologists (retailguy).

Statements such as: "If he's not going to use all of his tools - this" or "If he's only going to use the draft - that" have been made several times over by the usual suspects.

Well,

Joe Johnson vs Ryan Pickett
Hardy Nickerson (washed up) vs Brandon Chillar
nobody vs CHARLES fucking WOODSON

It seems like Thompson is using all of his tools and using all of them well. He's drafting guys. He's resigning guys (Kampman, Jennings, Rodgers, etc). He's digging up undrafted players (Tramon, Donald Lee). He's trading for players (Ryan Grant, Derrick Martin). He's signing UFA's from other teams (Woodson, Pickett, Chillar). He's doing it all and having success at all of it.

The reason, AND THE ONLY FUCKING REASON, that bottom 20% of the human population can't see what is happening is because he inherited such an atrocious mess. Anything outside the scope of their narrow blinders is just that, blinded.

This team is on track to win a championship (if not many). Sit back, enjoy the ride and have a little extra special warm feeling when all of the the big mouths are proven wrong by Ted time and time again.

Freak Out
09-18-2009, 06:27 PM
Most of the staunch Thompson haters also happen to be staunch Sherman apologists (retailguy).

Statements such as: "If he's not going to use all of his tools - this" or "If he's only going to use the draft - that" have been made several times over by the usual suspects.

Well,

Joe Johnson vs Ryan Pickett
Hardy Nickerson (washed up) vs Brandon Chillar

It seems like Thompson is using all of his tools and using all of them well. He's drafting guys. He's resigning guys (Kampman, Jennings, Rodgers, etc). He's digging up undrafted players (Tramon, Donald Lee). He's trading for players (Ryan Grant, Derrick Martin). He's signing UFA's from other teams (Woodson, Pickett, Chillar). He's doing it all and having success at all of it.

The reason, AND THE ONLY FUCKING REASON, that bottom 20% of the human population can't see what is happening is because he inherited such an atrocious mess. Anything outside the scope of their narrow blinders is just that, blinded.

This team is on track to win a championship (if not many). Sit back, enjoy the ride and have a little extra special warm feeling when all of the the big mouths are proven wrong by Ted time and time again.

I like your positive outlook and enthusiasm JH. :)

RashanGary
09-18-2009, 06:29 PM
Deputy Nutz is numero uno moron on this site.

Kampman can't do this. Harris can't do that. Rodgers won't be this. The Packers are in trouble that.

Don't let this guy back on the train. When the day comes, when his shitty Vikings lose, don't let him hop on and enjoy our ride.

retailguy
09-18-2009, 06:31 PM

Kampman can't do this. Harris can't do that. Rodgers won't be this. The Packers are in trouble that.

Don't let this guy back on the train. When the day comes, when his shitty Vikings lose, don't let him hop on and enjoy our ride.

In a choice between your football knowledge and Nutz' football knowledge, I'll pick Nutz every time. I wouldn't even have to know which side was which. I'd pick it blind.

Lurker64
09-18-2009, 06:34 PM

This is a hotly contested category, I wouldn't go throwing out statements like this.

pbmax
09-18-2009, 08:57 PM
Far be it from me to speak on behalf of Nutz or RG, but how about...

Al Harris vs Charles Woodson?

Not a FA, but similar no?

Administrator
09-18-2009, 11:19 PM

This kind of crap got you in trouble last time. It won't end any better this time. Stop calling people out. Make your point without making it personal.

Partial
09-19-2009, 12:43 AM

This kind of crap got you in trouble last time. It won't end any better this time. Stop calling people out. Make your point without making it personal.

Why don't you tell this to the 10+ morons who pull this stuff every single day yet get away with it. What say you? This place used to be fun.

th87
09-19-2009, 01:56 AM

Why don't you tell this to the 10+ morons who pull this stuff every single day yet get away with it. What say you? This place used to be fun.

Yeah! Like the DFC quoting guy.

bobblehead
09-19-2009, 11:10 AM
who is it that has the sig...

Our GM: I'm smarter than everyone else.

Well, he is proven time and again to actually BE smarter than everyone else. I would say its time to ditch that sig, or at the least lose the sarcasm in it.

pbmax
09-19-2009, 11:33 AM
I heard Mike Wilbon use that line on PTI during Favre-a-palooza 2008 and thought it was a great line. Of course, Wilbon and I thought it was a great comment for entirely different reasons.

I think Merlin has that as his sig.

Fritz
09-19-2009, 12:50 PM
It's not an accurate signature. From everything I've read, Thompson is a humble guy who has not only assembled a very good scouting department but has openly asked for their recommendations. He takes responsibility when things don't pan out but he is open to hearing others' ideas.

Because he does have a definite idea as to how to construct a winning franchise, however, people take him to be arrogant.

bobblehead
09-19-2009, 02:09 PM
It's not an accurate signature. From everything I've read, Thompson is a humble guy who has not only assembled a very good scouting department but has openly asked for their recommendations. He takes responsibility when things don't pan out but he is open to hearing others' ideas.

Because he does have a definite idea as to how to construct a winning franchise, however, people take him to be arrogant.

He isn't arrogant, he is extremely confident. When everyone is screaming that he is an idiot, he quitely goes about doint the right thing and building a winner.

mraynrand
09-19-2009, 04:20 PM

He isn't arrogant, he is extremely confident. When everyone is screaming that he is an idiot, he quitely goes about doint the right thing and building a winner.

That's a stretch. Technically, not yet. 32-33, one winning season in 4. Good drafting, OK in FA/pro personnel with Woodson, Pickett and Chillar. I am optimistic about the future, but it's taking time. I give him a lot of credit for being right about Favre.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-19-2009, 04:28 PM

That's a stretch. Technically, not yet. 32-33, one winning season in 4. Good drafting, OK in FA/pro personnel with Woodson, Pickett and Chillar. I am optimistic about the future, but it's taking time. I give him a lot of credit for being right about Favre.

While one can't discount his overall record, it is above 500 when HIS coach was hired.

Partial
09-20-2009, 01:12 AM

I agree with you, but you must acknowledge that to be considered a winner you have to win consistently. To this point he hasn't done it so I can understand the heat on him.

The one thing I wish he would do differently is stop relying on oft injured players so much.

Partial
09-20-2009, 01:13 AM

Right, and I apologized for it and manned up. Note the admin has his tail between his legs because he doesn't have a response to this that is even remotely legit.

SnakeLH2006
09-20-2009, 01:51 AM

Right, and I apologized for it and manned up. Note the admin has his tail between his legs because he doesn't have a response to this that is even remotely legit.

Maybe Joe should just flip a coin and post up a video of it....That's truly the sign of a real man of genious.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-20-2009, 02:00 AM

Maybe Joe should just flip a coin and post up a video of it....That's truly the sign of a real man of genious.

Real men of "genious" know how to spell. :wink:

SnakeLH2006
09-20-2009, 02:17 AM

javascript:emoticon(':lol:')

What? You spelled it the same, Ty, no? Are you really a man of "genious"? Maybe you are too busy getting the cooties off yo man-man from Fritz's ideal party woman, no? Takes a real man to take a real woman (lay) away from Partial yo. That's just low. Real low....Real fucking low, yo. Snake's not perfect, nor is Partial, yet you are, Ty, as usual. I'm bad, you are so right....let's refresh....

Snake is sure that it is 100% code with Scottsdale honeys you lay left and right. TY is the pimp of the pimps, no? You are the GM of the Bunny Ranch, right, Ty? I mean, hey, you are the pussy master, right, no I mean of EVERYTHING PackerRAT, INTERNET, U.S., LIFE, WORLD? No....., eh, pimp?? :shock: :lol:

You are right as usual. Partial is wrong. My bad. You are the greatest PackerRat poster EVER. You, TY, are smarter than EVERYONE. Fuck Einstein. He only retarded your progress. You offend no one. You only bring Packer sport insight, and no negative vibes EVER. YOU ARE THE MAN. I LOVE IT! Yay, Ty is SO insightful. I beg that Partial can still post with such insightful, smart phenoms saying he can't. Damn. Snake likes Partial. What am I to do?

Here's the deal TY, and Snake ain't afraid to lay it out....I really do like ya, you are funny sometimes, but overall, you just piss most EVERY Rat off. Your ARE smart, but you use that to just twist shit up and piss most off.....you'll get banned for good if you keep it up. Trust Snake..you have very little leeway on that. I know this. I really do.

Yeah, Partial's stupid, but doesn't personally offend peeps as often as you do.....you've done that. You might disagree, but someone had to say it. That's how it is. I don't have a big prob with you (some do), but you really piss some peeps off. Partial does too, but not at a personal type of way. Chill or out or be banned for good, it's your call, not mine.....Just how I see it. I really don't mind ya....but be wary. That's how it goes, dude. Be wary.

Peace, Snake.

Tarlam!
09-20-2009, 04:50 AM
Mr. Speaker, Tyronne Bigguns will now issue his rebuttal....

Tarlam!
09-20-2009, 05:00 AM
This place used to be fun.

Oh, grow the fuck up, Partial. This place is fun, but you make posting choices that no other Rat can fathom. We all do at times, but you do it habitually. To quote MOBB "It takes a bigger man to walk away". At least I think that's what he said.

Take your opinions, mix in your passion and make your point. Stop picking fights. All is good. Other sites wish they had the chemistry that PR possesses.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-20-2009, 06:35 AM

javascript:emoticon(':lol:')

What? You spelled it the same, Ty, no? Are you really a man of "genious"? Maybe you are too busy getting the cooties off yo man-man from Fritz's ideal party woman, no? Takes a real man to take a real woman (lay) away from Partial yo. That's just low. Real low....Real fucking low, yo. Snake's not perfect, nor is Partial, yet you are, Ty, as usual. I'm bad, you are so right....let's refresh....

Snake is sure that it is 100% code with Scottsdale honeys you lay left and right. TY is the pimp of the pimps, no? You are the GM of the Bunny Ranch, right, Ty? I mean, hey, you are the pussy master, right, no I mean of EVERYTHING PackerRAT, INTERNET, U.S., LIFE, WORLD? No....., eh, pimp?? :shock: :lol:

You are right as usual. Partial is wrong. My bad. You are the greatest PackerRat poster EVER. You, TY, are smarter than EVERYONE. Fuck Einstein. He only retarded your progress. You offend no one. You only bring Packer sport insight, and no negative vibes EVER. YOU ARE THE MAN. I LOVE IT! Yay, Ty is SO insightful. I beg that Partial can still post with such insightful, smart phenoms saying he can't. Damn. Snake likes Partial. What am I to do?

Here's the deal TY, and Snake ain't afraid to lay it out....I really do like ya, you are funny sometimes, but overall, you just piss most EVERY Rat off. Your ARE smart, but you use that to just twist shit up and piss most off.....you'll get banned for good if you keep it up. Trust Snake..you have very little leeway on that. I know this. I really do.

Yeah, Partial's stupid, but doesn't personally offend peeps as often as you do.....you've done that. You might disagree, but someone had to say it. That's how it is. I don't have a big prob with you (some do), but you really piss some peeps off. Partial does too, but not at a personal type of way. Chill or out or be banned for good, it's your call, not mine.....Just how I see it. I really don't mind ya....but be wary. That's how it goes, dude. Be wary.

Peace, Snake.

dude, i put it in quotes...why did i do that. Fuck, man, you are kinda slow. It wasn't about partial..it was about you. If you can't drink and think..stop thinking.

As for your rant about chicks, pimps and partial...what the fuck are you talking about? I merely noted that "genious" was spelled wrong. Stealing chicks...what the fuck?

Partial is wrong...what the fuck?

Partail can't post...what the fuck?

You dont' even know what you are talking about. I've PMed Partial about how i thought the admin wasn't being fair. And, you fuckin halfwit, i have always come down against sheep and the bs he pulls on partial. You are attacking me...and i'm not even being addressed by the admin or by partial.

Dude, you need to adjust your meds...cause you are inventing some serious shit. I'm a little worried about you.

I put a freaking wink smiley..and you freak out. Jesus, for a big tough guy you sure are sensitive.

And, if my last post is going to get me banned...fuck it. I doubt it. You are so far off the reservation that it is hard to take you seriously.

Why don't you just talk for yourself. I don't recall anybody appointing you as packerrats spokesman. And, i'm certain there are many who don't want you speaking for them. Trust me, i know.

Stop talking about shit that you aren't in control of or have no say in.

I'm gonna chalk this up to you being drunk. One thing is for sure, you can't hold your liquor.

SkinBasket
09-20-2009, 06:43 AM
http://home.uchicago.edu/~hillk/making%20fiends.jpg
Weeeee!

We have too many Vendettas here right now. We need more Charlottes.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-20-2009, 06:50 AM
Weeeee!

I got no vendetta...guy gets drunk, can't take a simple rib with a fuckin smiley...and beserker.

He is like some drunk sorority girl that gets all emotional, starts crying, pukes on herself...and then fucks 3 random guys....and then the next day blames it being drunk.

SkinBasket
09-20-2009, 07:06 AM
I meant this Vendetta...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/5d/Vendetta-Making_Fiends.png/260px-Vendetta-Making_Fiends.png

She makes fiends. Charlotte makes friends.

http://media.newtimes.com/2424676.41.jpg
Together they have many exciting adventures.

Monkeys, rarely bathe,
Monkeys, never save up coupons,
'Cause they have nothing to buuuuy!

Scott Campbell
09-20-2009, 08:27 AM
Anyway, I wonder if Chillar is going to lose any snaps to Bishop this week.

wist43
09-20-2009, 08:49 AM

I'd rather see Barnett lose snaps to Bishop...

Of course, I know that's not going to happen. The switch to the new scheme is going to require some weeding out to see who can excel in it... Chillar and Bishop have far outperformed Hawk and Barnett. Although Hawk is coming around to be at least average.

Fritz
09-20-2009, 08:51 AM
I was thinking the same thing, Scott. I saw a quote early in the week in which MM said he wanted to get Bishop on the field - and he didn't mean on special teams.

Weird, isn't it, to apparently have enough linebackers who are good enough at different things that it's hard to get everyone a chance to play to their strengths? I'd like to see Bishop, too, but not if he's going to be asked to cover someone on...

pbmax
09-20-2009, 08:54 AM
Weeeee!

Thank you Skin. Now THAT theme song is running through my head. Way too early for that....

SkinBasket
09-20-2009, 09:01 AM
tee-hee.

pbmax
09-20-2009, 09:02 AM

I'd rather see Barnett lose snaps to Bishop...

Of course, I know that's not going to happen. The switch to the new scheme is going to require some weeding out to see who can excel in it... Chillar and Bishop have far outperformed Hawk and Barnett. Although Hawk is coming around to be at least average.
It is odd that Bishop has no home in any package. Whether or not one believes he should start in base or not, he clearly can be disruptive near the LOS. I think they should have played Bishop more at the Mack behind Hawk rather than Lansana (for you Ty). By having Bishop back up Chillar there all camp, they now have three guys for one slot. Only at the end of camp, probably when it became realistic Lansana was going to be on the chopping block, did Bishop get snaps at Mack.

Fritz
09-20-2009, 10:16 AM
One thing I don't get: if you put a guy in to play to his strengths, aren't you tipping off the other team? If I were an opposing coach and saw Bishop in the game on a passing down, I'd have to bet that he's rushing the passer.