PDA

View Full Version : Terrific Walkthroughs of Capers' Blitzes at FO

boiga
09-17-2009, 01:03 PM
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/walkthrough/2009/walkthrough-revelations

Football Outsiders has four walkthrough diagrams of Packer 2-4-5 blitzes from week one, including the Jolly INT. Extremely in depth and definitely worth a looksee. Here's their final analysis:
Watching the Packers defense, I was impressed by the athleticism of their front seven. Kampman, who has always been a good all-around defensive end, does an excellent job as a drop linebacker. Jolly has never looked this good. Matthews is a very good athlete with promise. Chillar and Nick Barnett are dependable veterans who look well-suited to their new roles.

The Packers secondary isn't as impressive, and I think Woodson and Williams will get burnt for their share of long touchdowns this year. The Packers will live with a few long bombs if their defense can keep applying pressure and forcing turnovers like it did on Saturday night. The Packers don't have a Top Five defense, but their defense will hold most opponents in the 20-point range while using turnovers to give the offense some short fields. It's a far cry from what the Packers had last year, and the new 2-4 front will definitely force opponents to adjust.

Freak Out
09-17-2009, 01:20 PM
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/walkthrough/2009/walkthrough-revelations

Football Outsiders has four walkthrough diagrams of Packer 2-4-5 blitzes from week one, including the Jolly INT. Extremely in depth and definitely worth a looksee. Here's their final analysis:
Watching the Packers defense, I was impressed by the athleticism of their front seven. Kampman, who has always been a good all-around defensive end, does an excellent job as a drop linebacker. Jolly has never looked this good. Matthews is a very good athlete with promise. Chillar and Nick Barnett are dependable veterans who look well-suited to their new roles.

The Packers secondary isn't as impressive, and I think Woodson and Williams will get burnt for their share of long touchdowns this year. The Packers will live with a few long bombs if their defense can keep applying pressure and forcing turnovers like it did on Saturday night. The Packers don't have a Top Five defense, but their defense will hold most opponents in the 20-point range while using turnovers to give the offense some short fields. It's a far cry from what the Packers had last year, and the new 2-4 front will definitely force opponents to adjust.

:lol:

swede
09-17-2009, 01:23 PM
Great read. Thanks.

The players must be excited to know that their Kung Fu is now better than the other guy's Kung Fu.

Guiness
09-17-2009, 01:38 PM
Well it's nice to see good things being said about the defense...suddenly the front 7 is our strength, and our CB's are the weak link? And Woodson's going to give up long TD's?

I'm either in the Twilight Zone, or monkeys are flying out of this guy's butt (hello, Fritz).