PDA

View Full Version : 2007 vs 2009 (pass rush)

RashanGary
09-17-2009, 02:29 PM
Kampman, Jenkins, Jolly, KGB

Kampman, Jenkins, Raji, Jolly

Kampman and Jenkins are both still in their prime. Jolly is better. I'd say Raji is better than KGB. I think this year, not just because of scheme, our defense is in line for a big bounce back.

Scott Campbell
09-17-2009, 02:54 PM

Kampman and Jenkins are both still in their prime. Jolly is better. I'd say Raji is better than KGB. I think this year, not just because of scheme, our defense is in line for a big bounce back.

Jenkins had a pretty mediocre 07. I think he's playing much better now.

MadScientist
09-17-2009, 02:57 PM

KGB was a better pass rusher, but he was nothing against the run. Raji is not meant to be a star rusher like KGB was supposed to be.

rbaloha1
09-17-2009, 03:24 PM
KGB would be a beast in this scheme.

RashanGary
09-17-2009, 04:08 PM
Bad comparison

Kamp vs Kamp
Jenkins vs Jenkins
Raji vs Williams
Jolly vs Jolly
Matthews vs KGB

That's more what it is. I like KGB better than Matthews, but I like Raji better than Williams. (and we're talking last healthy year of KGB's career, not his prime).

The point is, we have Raji, Jenkins and Matthews added where last year we lost KGB, Jenkins and Williams. The point was that we had a bounce back in talent that should lead to a bounce back in pass rush that then leads to a bounce back in wins.

ThunderDan
09-17-2009, 04:13 PM

What position would you line KGB up at? ROLB?

rbaloha1
09-17-2009, 04:29 PM

What position would you line KGB up at? ROLB?

yes, rolb