PDA

View Full Version : Sgt. 1st Class Jared C. Monti

SkinBasket
09-17-2009, 04:20 PM
Got a couple minutes on cable news today while we continue to see Kanye West's fucking face on every local and national broadcast this week. Fuck you America. And let's not even compare the death of this man to the untimely (too late) death of the dancing pedophile.

This has nothing to do with politics or media. It has to do with what we, as a nation, value. We value shit. Worthless disgusting shit.

Brando19
09-17-2009, 08:45 PM
Got a couple minutes on cable news today while we continue to see Kanye West's fucking face on every local and national broadcast this week. Fuck you America. And let's not even compare the death of this man to the untimely (too late) death of the dancing pedophile.

This has nothing to do with politics or media. It has to do with what we, as a nation, value. We value shit. Worthless disgusting shit.

Richard Simmons died?

Freak Out
09-17-2009, 10:05 PM
These are the kind of people most skim over in the news looking for a Kayne or a Jen or whoever the latest flavor is....of course most Americans don't even realize there is a war being fought.

RIP

mraynrand
09-17-2009, 11:11 PM
http://www.iraqwarheroes.com/

SkinBasket
09-18-2009, 07:25 AM
Maybe if they made the awarding of the Medal of Honor a primetime event some people would realize that our soldiers are making choices more difficult than whether to watch TMZ or the MTV awards. Seems that it's Americans that need reminding more than anyone what the Medal of Honor represents.

mraynrand
09-18-2009, 07:48 AM
Unfortunately, the leftwing media thinks this of the soldiers:

http://blog.cleveland.com/darcy/2009/09/large_17GGJDARCY.jpg

The right leaning networks - all one of them - put money/ratings above honoring soldiers too, but at least they tend to do it more.

Brando19
09-18-2009, 08:22 AM
All CNN covers is Entertainment and all Foxnews does is rips the democrats.

mraynrand
09-18-2009, 11:30 AM

It depends on what you watch. If you Watch Hannity, I would mostly agree with you. Even though I agree with Hannity on a lot of things, I find his program almost unwatchable, because it is completely one sided - Hannity is like a tenacious dachsund who bites your leg and won't let go. O'Reilly is a little more in the center, but he has more conservative commentators than liberal. It's OK, but gets bad when O'Reilly starts trotting out his own theories. Special report with Brett Baier is pretty good - and he has a good mix of panel commentators in the last 20 minutes or so, including Mara Liasson, Charles Krauthammer, Morton Kondracke, and A.B. Stoddard, who are all very astute. I think if you watch the PBS newshour and Brett Baier, you would get a good idea of what is going on - like reading the Washington Post and The Wall Street Journal.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-18-2009, 04:10 PM
Maybe if they made the awarding of the Medal of Honor a primetime event some people would realize that our soldiers are making choices more difficult than whether to watch TMZ or the MTV awards. Seems that it's Americans that need reminding more than anyone what the Medal of Honor represents.

hard to see the results of their choices when a certain prez wouldn't allow coffins, etc. to be photographed.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-18-2009, 04:13 PM

It depends on what you watch. If you Watch Hannity, I would mostly agree with you. Even though I agree with Hannity on a lot of things, I find his program almost unwatchable, because it is completely one sided - Hannity is like a tenacious dachsund who bites your leg and won't let go. O'Reilly is a little more in the center, but he has more conservative commentators than liberal. It's OK, but gets bad when O'Reilly starts trotting out his own theories. Special report with Brett Baier is pretty good - and he has a good mix of panel commentators in the last 20 minutes or so, including Mara Liasson, Charles Krauthammer, Morton Kondracke, and A.B. Stoddard, who are all very astute. I think if you watch the PBS newshour and Brett Baier, you would get a good idea of what is going on - like reading the Washington Post and The Wall Street Journal.

Baier: yep, the "other side" is well represented. Only you could find that balanced.

Partial
09-18-2009, 05:55 PM
Who are you blaming for said problem?

MJZiggy
09-18-2009, 06:01 PM

Vicious cycle.

SkinBasket
09-18-2009, 06:53 PM

If you're talking to me, I blame all of us for degenerating so far as a collective society.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-18-2009, 07:28 PM

If you're talking to me, I blame all of us for degenerating so far as a collective society.

In that scenario, Ty sees you leading the hordes like Mel Gibson in Braveheart.

mraynrand
09-18-2009, 08:38 PM

Baier: yep, the "other side" is well represented. Only you could find that balanced.

Only you would look at 'good mix' and 'astute' and think I meant 'balanced' - and balanced according to your definition. I never said the 'other side' was 'well represented.' It would be chaos to have spiteful guys like Carville, Dean, Van den Heuvel, Eugene Robinson, etc. on that program.

For the rest of you who are actually reasonable, note I was rebutting the claim that 'all fox does is rip on dems.' Baier's show proves that is untrue. IMO You would be foolish to only get news info from fox, just as it would be foolish to only listen to NPR. CNN is below average in my opinion, and almost all of MSNBC has become a political wing of the left, just as Hannity is for the right.

HowardRoark
09-18-2009, 08:48 PM

Only you would look at 'good mix' and 'astute' and think I meant 'balanced' - and balanced according to your definition. I never said the 'other side' was 'well represented.' It would be chaos to have spiteful guys like Carville, Dean, Van den Heuvel, Eugene Robinson, etc. on that program.

For the rest of you who are actually reasonable, note I was rebutting the claim that 'all fox does is rip on dems.' Baier's show proves that is untrue. IMO You would be foolish to only get news info from fox, just as it would be foolish to only listen to NPR. CNN is below average in my opinion, and almost all of MSNBC has become a political wing of the left, just as Hannity is for the right.

That was a great show when Brit ran it. I will have to get used to Baier. Is Stephen Hayes a regular on that show now? I notice he doesn't post on his Packer blog much anymore.....must be part of the deal.

Eugene Robinson is a regualr on Morning Joe. I actually feel pity for the guy. He is so out of his league when he actually has to answer a question about what he says/writes. Eugene seems like a very sweet man, but a sheep.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-18-2009, 09:14 PM

Right, because all guys from the left are spiteful. You couldn't find one with the intellectual heft of those like Kondracke, etc.

They rip as well, they are just nicer how they do it. At best they are nonplussed by something Obama is doing.

It is hard to be "astute" for a program when only one side is being presented.

falco
09-19-2009, 09:00 AM
IMO You would be foolish to only get news info from fox, just as it would be foolish to only listen to NPR. CNN is below average in my opinion, and almost all of MSNBC has become a political wing of the left, just as Hannity is for the right.

I'll suffer through NPR's liberal bias to get news that isn't sensationalized or a bunch of talking heads screaming at each other.

Cable news sucks.

Zool
09-19-2009, 10:08 AM
http://www.aramation.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/brawndo.jpg

Its coming people. Not a matter of if just when.

MJZiggy
09-19-2009, 10:09 AM
Cable news sucks.

You got that right. There is no such thing anymore as balanced reporting. Is it because that's what society demands or is society demanding it because that's what they're fed. Twenty years ago, all of these idiot talking heads would have been fired and thrown off the set as what they present isn't journalism. I often wonder if actual journalism could ever be revived. Sadly, I have my doubts.

Fosco33
09-19-2009, 11:22 AM
http://www.aramation.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/brawndo.jpg

Its coming people. Not a matter of if just when.

It's what plants crave.

mraynrand
09-19-2009, 04:23 PM
IMO You would be foolish to only get news info from fox, just as it would be foolish to only listen to NPR. CNN is below average in my opinion, and almost all of MSNBC has become a political wing of the left, just as Hannity is for the right.

I'll suffer through NPR's liberal bias to get news that isn't sensationalized or a bunch of talking heads screaming at each other.

Cable news sucks.

Ever watch Special Report?

falco
09-19-2009, 07:37 PM

Cable news sucks.

Ever watch Special Report?

Yes, although not recently. To be fair, I can't honestly recall the last time I watched any cable news, especially regularly. It could be 4-5 years ago at this point.