PDA

View Full Version : Al Harris

Brando19
09-17-2009, 07:58 PM
Amazing video of Al Harris training. The guy works hard and is still one of the best DB's in the game. Hope Tramon Williams doesn't push him out the door in the next couple years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M74bfwOW-8g

Tyrone Bigguns
09-17-2009, 08:27 PM
Amazing video of Al Harris training. The guy works hard and is still one of the best DB's in the game. Hope Tramon Williams doesn't push him out the door in the next couple years.

You should be hoping the exact opposite if you are a fan of the packers.

Brando19
09-17-2009, 08:36 PM

I am a fan of the Packers...and I believe you can have more than two good corners. Woodson is a must have...I believe he's set in stone as a Packer for a few years. Tramon Williams must be resigned because he's a stud CB. What I was trying to say is Al Harris shouldn't be cut or traded...maybe he could be a backup or let Tramon be a backup for a few more years because Harris is too good to let go. What's wrong with having CB depth? Nothing.

The Shadow
09-17-2009, 09:00 PM
I have never partaken of the Al Harris Kool-Aid.
Yes, he is a solid corner, but his meltdowns against top receivers in clutch situations have always been worrisome.
Woodson is, at least in my opinion, a far superior player.

Brando19
09-17-2009, 09:03 PM
Yes, he is a solid corner, but his meltdowns against top receivers in clutch situations have always been worrisome.

I agree with the woodson comment..but aside from Plaxico in the NFC Championship....what meltdowns has he had with top receivers?

Tyrone Bigguns
09-17-2009, 09:03 PM

I am a fan of the Packers...and I believe you can have more than two good corners. Woodson is a must have...I believe he's set in stone as a Packer for a few years. Tramon Williams must be resigned because he's a stud CB. What I was trying to say is Al Harris shouldn't be cut or traded...maybe he could be a backup or let Tramon be a backup for a few more years because Harris is too good to let go. What's wrong with having CB depth? Nothing.

I love al, but his day is coming. Once Tramon is better...and it may be this season, al's pay won't warrant his pt. Simple as that.

Al will do as more good, unless he reduces his pay, being traded.

The Shadow
09-17-2009, 09:06 PM

I agree with the woodson comment..but aside from Plaxico in the NFC Championship....what meltdowns has he had with top receivers?

T.O.?

Brando19

I love al, but his day is coming. Once Tramon is better...and it may be this season, al's pay won't warrant his pt. Simple as that.

I get what you're saying. Hopefully...he'll take a pay cut. 8-)

Brando19

T.O.?

There were some controversial calls in that game on NFL Network.

boiga
09-17-2009, 09:54 PM

The thing is, Al is asked to do things that Woodson isn't. During those games he was left on an island with a top 5 receiver and limited safety help. Given the 5 yard rule, that's not a recipe for success.

Harris and Woodson are different kinds of CBs. Al is more physical and is more likely to take a receiver out of the game completely. Charles is craftier and lets receivers look more open, thus more balls get thrown his way and he has more chances for INTs with his sudden acceleration and direction change.

After he returned from his spleen injury last season, Football Outsiders graded Harris as the #1 cornerback in the league (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2009/return-al-harris) in regards to "success rate" at defending passes. Woodson was #3, so he's no slouch either.

FO has the most objective analysis for individual players out there. If they say he's good, he really is. Al's the closest thing to a shut down corner there is in this league.

Tony Oday
09-17-2009, 10:07 PM
Harris is a stud. He plays the number one guy week in and week out.

swede
09-17-2009, 10:53 PM

I am impressed with your unsentimental appreciation of the game. You are very nearly the Karl Rove of Football conservatives. The next and final step would be to advocate that released players be fed to the defensive linemen.

Freak Out
09-17-2009, 11:06 PM

Harris know this. That's why he works so damn hard to fend off time.

packerbacker1234
09-18-2009, 01:51 AM
Ok, so harris got abused in two games, and now he sucks?

Plexico abuse dhim, sure - it wasn't as if Plex had "easy catches". Dide you watch the game? The guy made some oustanding catches with Harris blanketing him.

TO did abuse AL, yeah, but I think that tone setting BS call in the first quarter was the real tone setter. You know when Al Ripped the balled out of TO's hands, had posession, and was dragged out of bounds by TO and they ruled it a catch and not a turnover? That was the ton setter for Al getting beat that day. IF it goes the other way - then Al has TO's number

Ocho-Cinco called Al the best corner he faced all season like what, 2 years ago?

Al is one of the best man to man shut down corners in the netire nfl. There are very few man to man shut down corners period, because it's one of the hardest things to do in the game. Al can still do it, and he did it really damn well the other night... though thats the bears.

Watch him shut down Ocho-Cinco again this week.

MichiganPackerFan
09-18-2009, 09:55 AM
Love Al Harris too. Wasn't that video posted not too long ago?

Carson Palmer had some good things to say "I’ve felt for a long time that Al Harris, if not the best corner in the league, is the second-best corner in the league. He’s extremely fast and quick, and he comes up and hits people. He’s tough. Charles Woodson, for a long time, has been an outstanding corner."

bobblehead
09-18-2009, 10:07 AM
Al's a stud...to deny that shows lack of ability to watch and analyze.

Fritz
09-18-2009, 10:26 AM
My recollection is that when Harris signed that extension - two years ago? - it was structured with the understanding that toward the end Harris would become, and would be paid like, a third corner, a nickel. guy. So it would seem his contract is already structured so that he stays with the team.

It's just that when Al thinks he's become a nickel back and when the Packers think he's become a nickel back might be two different times.

MOBB DEEP
09-18-2009, 08:32 PM
Jason La Canfora says that the Pack have the BEST d backfield in the league

Gunakor
09-18-2009, 09:18 PM
Jason La Canfora says that the Pack have the BEST d backfield in the league

Deion Sanders agrees.

steve823
09-19-2009, 01:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3AgU47G7Hg&feature=related

green_bowl_packer
09-19-2009, 09:32 AM
Evidently Al and Ocho Cinco have a charitable wager on this weekend's game from back in August. I heard Ocho is cheap, so Al better get this ca$h before Ocho skips town.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3fLTn6Rfuo&feature=related

Al is also a bit of a meteorologist, is there nothing Al can't do!?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y5ku_9qnQo&feature=related

MichiganPackerFan
09-20-2009, 07:17 AM
That video was a lot of fun! I would think the $50k actually gets donated too. CJ routinely expresses a lot of respect for AH, and has called him the best CB in the league on multiple occasions so this is going to be fun to watch.

SkinBasket
09-20-2009, 07:27 AM
I ended up at an Atari Bigby highlight video. It made me remember that the guy has played two good games in his career. And he has wacky hair. But I guess I didn't forget that, so I didn't have to see the video to remember that. Or to remember that he sucks. Or he did suck when he used to play football instead of playing doctor in the locker room.