PDA

View Full Version : Colledge sprains foot

Partial
09-17-2009, 08:33 PM
Anybody here about this? Just heard this on WSSP that he sprained his foot, not his ankle. That doesn't sound good. They said Lang would slide in, but I suspect they'd give Well's the start and slide Spitz over. Maybe not for a week or two, but if its a 6 week thing they'd make the slide.

mraynrand
09-17-2009, 08:36 PM
hopefully it it's not a Lis Franc.

Brando19
09-17-2009, 08:37 PM
Yeah it's on JSO. Maybe this could be the rebirth of Wells for all you Scott fans. Hope Colledge gets better fast.

Lurker64
09-17-2009, 08:39 PM
I don't think it's serious, It's not the Lisfranc sprain. I'm sure that's going to be asked. So we'll see what happens.

Per McCarthy, Lang will fill in for Colledge if he is unable to go.

I recently had a foot sprain, and it was a pain in the ass, but I could be reasonably active on it. It just hurt. Hopefully it's a similar thing for Daryn.

Brando19
09-17-2009, 08:39 PM
hopefully it it's not a Lis Franc.

It's not.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/59661272.html

RashanGary
09-17-2009, 08:40 PM
This could be a blessing in disguise. Spitz is bigger and badder than ever. Wells is bigger and badder than ever. If those two play well, it could open the door to Colledge moving in at RT and ending this years nightmare.

Then next year, Lang is ready, we draft a LT with out top pick and we move on into the future with the NFL's best OL :) :)

Brando19
09-17-2009, 08:42 PM
I don't think it's serious, It's not the Lisfranc sprain. I'm sure that's going to be asked. So we'll see what happens.

I recently had a foot sprain, and it was a pain in the ass, but I could be reasonably active on it. It just hurt. Hopefully it's a similar thing for Daryn.

Can you play offensive line? :lol:

MJZiggy
09-17-2009, 08:50 PM
At the same level Barbre played last week, he probably can... :lol:

boiga
09-17-2009, 09:35 PM

I recently had a foot sprain, and it was a pain in the ass, but I could be reasonably active on it. It just hurt. Hopefully it's a similar thing for Daryn. Uhmm... McCarthy didn't say anything of the sort. Here's his direct quote (http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2009/09/17/1/) :

"(Would you just move Lang in there?)
Well, I don't really want to talk about that unless I have to. So we'll see how tomorrow goes. "

gbpackfan
09-17-2009, 09:51 PM

Where did you get that? He refused to comment when asked if Lang would go for Colledge.

Harlan Huckleby
09-17-2009, 09:53 PM
TT's cheapskate ways have bitten the tean in the ass.

To be fair, I have no idea what sort of vets better than Moll were avaiable, but no need to overdo fairness.

Lurker64
09-18-2009, 02:20 PM
Both McCarthy and Colledge both agree that he should be able to play this weekend. Sounds like just a minor sprain, I wonder if it will inhibit his play any. My experience with this sort of thing is that it's not an injury that keeps you from doing anything (like an ankle sprain would), but it's an injury that makes things painful that would not otherwise be. Guess we get to find out how tough Daryn is.

boiga
09-18-2009, 02:42 PM
They'll probably give him a giant shoe cast to help protect it. That'll slow him down, but thankfully LG might have the least requirement for mobility of any position on the roster.

SkinBasket
09-18-2009, 02:59 PM
I sprained my arch once as a young man. Hurt like the dickens, but I could still gimp around like a little retarded fella. I'm guessing that a guy who gets paid millions to be on his feet and who has access to top of the line pain control methods won't have a problem.

Fritz
09-18-2009, 03:23 PM

To be fair, I have no idea what sort of vets better than Moll were avaiable, but no need to overdo fairness.

Harlan, have you been biting teens in the ass?

swede
09-18-2009, 03:29 PM

URL please.

rbaloha1
09-18-2009, 03:51 PM
This could be a blessing in disguise. Spitz is bigger and badder than ever. Wells is bigger and badder than ever. If those two play well, it could open the door to Colledge moving in at RT and ending this years nightmare.

Then next year, Lang is ready, we draft a LT with out top pick and we move on into the future with the NFL's best OL :) :)

Certainly possible

Fritz
09-18-2009, 05:21 PM

URL please.

This is pre-bite, but it gives you the idea of what teens are facing these days.

http://badgas.co.uk/moments/moment_001.jpg

retailguy
09-18-2009, 06:23 PM

I'm convinced. You do drugs. Heavy drugs, all the time.

Best OL in the NFL.... Yeah. Ok. We need 5 new guys for that. :?

Lurker64
09-18-2009, 06:28 PM

Not new players, just a lot of injuries on other teams.

retailguy
09-18-2009, 06:29 PM

Not new players, just a lot of injuries on other teams.

Either way. These guys are adequate. sometimes.

I still believe that the OL is the weakest group on this team. Week 1 did nothing to dispel that for me. As a group they didn't play well, and their weakest link was beyond horrible.

Freak Out
09-18-2009, 06:30 PM
Both McCarthy and Colledge both agree that he should be able to play this weekend. Sounds like just a minor sprain, I wonder if it will inhibit his play any. My experience with this sort of thing is that it's not an injury that keeps you from doing anything (like an ankle sprain would), but it's an injury that makes things painful that would not otherwise be. Guess we get to find out how tough Daryn is.

Colledge is a tough fucking Alaskan.....he'll rub some bear shit on it and go out and kick some ass!

retailguy
09-18-2009, 06:33 PM

Colledge is a tough fucking Alaskan.....he'll rub some bear shit on it and go out and kick some ass!

Hopefully he doesn't get his supply of bearshit from his right tackle compadre. It isn't of the best quality.

Freak Out
09-18-2009, 06:36 PM

Hopefully he doesn't get his supply of bearshit from his right tackle compadre. It isn't of the best quality.

The problem was he ate it and didn't rub it on his foot. :)

retailguy
09-18-2009, 06:39 PM

The problem was he ate it and didn't rub it on his foot. :)

That's the best explanation I've heard yet.

RashanGary
09-20-2009, 10:19 AM

I still believe that the OL is the weakest group on this team. Week 1 did nothing to dispel that for me. As a group they didn't play well, and their weakest link was beyond horrible.

You're such a coward. What do you think of the OL? Just say it. Adequate is walking the fence. If you think something, just say it. Worst thing that can happen is you can be wrong and if history is any indication of the future, you will be wrong.

Retailguy and Deputy Nutz are two long time posters here who act like they know a damn thing about football and are always wrong.

Fritz
09-20-2009, 10:22 AM
Whether I agree with RetailGuy or not, he's not "walking the fence." It's clear he doesn't think much of this offensive line.

KYPack
09-20-2009, 10:42 AM
Easy there, big fella.

Nutso and RG just might know a "leetle" bit about the game.

Remember yer banishment, now.

retailguy
09-20-2009, 10:44 AM
Whether I agree with RetailGuy or not, he's not "walking the fence." It's clear he doesn't think much of this offensive line.

In the past 3 years, rarely have they played with consistency. One is having a great game, one is having a sloppy game, one is doing OK, and the other is awful. It moves from person to person to person. That's the ONLY thing that is consistent about this line.

If they all played well at the same time? They still wouldn't be the "best in the NFL" but it'd be good enough. Right now it isn't, whether you want to make the attacks about my character or not... :roll:

Gunakor
09-20-2009, 10:51 AM

In the past 3 years, rarely have they played with consistency. One is having a great game, one is having a sloppy game, one is doing OK, and the other is awful. It moves from person to person to person. That's the ONLY thing that is consistent about this line.

If they all played well at the same time? They still wouldn't be the "best in the NFL" but it'd be good enough. Right now it isn't, whether you want to make the attacks about my character or not... :roll:

I think that, overall, this OL is indeed good enough. They could never be considered a top OL, but I think that, overall, they are good enough to win. Remember the OL for Pittsburgh last year. Awful in just about every aspect, but good enough to win.

This doesn't mean we shouldn't be looking to get better if we can, but I agree that they are adequate as is and will contribute to many wins for Green Bay this year. I hope you're right about it moving from player to player, though, otherwise they have a real problem to fix at RT.

Partial
09-20-2009, 11:15 AM
I think that, overall, this OL is indeed good enough. They could never be considered a top OL, but I think that, overall, they are good enough to win. Remember the OL for Pittsburgh last year. Awful in just about every aspect, but good enough to win.

This doesn't mean we shouldn't be looking to get better if we can, but I agree that they are adequate as is and will contribute to many wins for Green Bay this year. I hope you're right about it moving from player to player, though, otherwise they have a real problem to fix at RT.

Somebody has to call you on this. There is no way they were good enough to win with. The line we have this year is good enough to win with. Maybe a little bit above average. That Steeler's line was year was awful and they won in spite of them because of BR and the D. It was a fleet of Will Witticker's on there.

BR is a huge man and that really helps him against the rush. That kind of line would get Aaron injured very badly. He just doesn't have the body size of a big Ben to absorb the hits and stay in the pocket to make the plays.

MM subscribes to the good enough to win theory I believe. This line has a lot of mid-level draft picks that will likely never be super duper stars but guys that can beat the opposition enough to make plays and hopefully maintain balance.

Gunakor
09-20-2009, 11:23 AM

Somebody has to call you on this. There is no way they were good enough to win with. The line we have this year is good enough to win with. Maybe a little bit above average. That Steeler's line was year was awful and they won in spite of them because of BR and the D. It was a fleet of Will Witticker's on there.

BR is a huge man and that really helps him against the rush. That kind of line would get Aaron injured very badly. He just doesn't have the body size of a big Ben to absorb the hits and stay in the pocket to make the plays.

MM subscribes to the good enough to win theory I believe. This line has a lot of mid-level draft picks that will likely never be super duper stars but guys that can beat the opposition enough to make plays and hopefully maintain balance.

P, the effectiveness of an OL and whether they are good enough to win with is completely dependent on the rest of the team. You win as a team, you lose as a team. Given that they won a ring with that awful line, I'd say that, at least for them, that line certainly was good enough to win with. In the end, they won it all.

Rodgers doesn't have the size of BR to take that kind of punishment, but he has the wheels BR doesn't have. Rather than take all that punishment he could avoid a good deal of it. The Steelers and Packers are not the same team, but both are talented enough outside of the OL to overcome mediocre line play. That's what I was getting at. Theirs was good enough for them to win, ours is good enough for us to win. Thus the comparison.

Partial
09-20-2009, 11:34 AM
I think the Steelers won in spite of their line. That line had to be the worst line in the NFL.

Gunakor
09-20-2009, 11:46 AM
I think the Steelers won in spite of their line. That line had to be the worst line in the NFL.

They probably did win in spite of their line. But they also won WITH their line. So, following logic, that line was good enough for them to win with. Poor enough to lose with, too, except they didn't lose. Those OL players won rings just as heavy and shiny as BR and Santonio and Willie Parker and that entire defense. They won, therefore they were good enough to win with. Logic prevails here. There is no argument.

Lurker64
09-20-2009, 11:52 AM

Last year's Cardinals would give them a run for their money on that. Seriously, that had to be the two worst offensive lines to ever play in the superbowl.

steve823
09-20-2009, 05:22 PM
well I think its clear we need to bring in a veteran linemen or two. Whether its just for depth or to start we need help. Our line is getting hurt prety bad and they are going to keep shuffling around like last year and get worse.

I'm a big TT fan, but I expect a signing sometime this week, even if it is uncharacteristic of him.

retailguy
09-20-2009, 06:01 PM

You're such a coward. What do you think of the OL? Just say it. Adequate is walking the fence. If you think something, just say it. Worst thing that can happen is you can be wrong and if history is any indication of the future, you will be wrong.

Retailguy and Deputy Nutz are two long time posters here who act like they know a damn thing about football and are always wrong.

So. Was I wrong today? did we win the battle in the trenches? Were they prepared to play? How about our leaders plan for LT? Was that a solid plan?

Maybe, just maybe Justin, you don't know much of anything about football.