PDA

View Full Version : Greg Jennings

KYPack
09-17-2009, 09:33 PM
I was going to start this thread before. Now, in keeping with the new PR tradition of starting threads with a players' name, here's a tidbit I picked up about Greg.

On "Inside the NFL" they had a bit on the Packers. in the 4th quarter, Greg was talking to WR coach Jimmie Robinson. He spoke confidently and with some urgency. He reported that when he was on the left side and showed some inside technique, the Bears rotated Lance Briggs to cover him an the DB's vacated the left side. Evidently the Bears were trying to jump Greg on the slant. Greg clearly stated that a fake inside and a cut to the outside would be wide open. Well, he dern sure called that one. Minutes later, he caught a six for the game winner.

It all made me proud to be a Packer fan. In this day of obnoxious, showboat WR's, we've got a tough competant crew that does their job and let's their play do the talking.

GJ and Driver would be two favorites of mine no matter where they played, but man, I'm glad they are GB Packers.

MJZiggy
09-17-2009, 09:38 PM
I know what you're saying. I was at the Ravens game this week and the introductions were insane and the atmosphere was totally different than at Lambeau. I'll take my boys any day.

BF4MVP
09-17-2009, 09:38 PM
GJ and Driver would be two favorites of mine no matter where they played, but man, I'm glad they are GB Packers.
:glug:

Nice post with some good info. That last line's gotta be my fav though 8-)

Partial
09-17-2009, 09:57 PM
Excellent post. Good guys they are.

Tony Oday
09-17-2009, 10:03 PM
Ah man why cant they step on a kitten or maybe make it rain?

Wait nope I like "Packer People"!

gex
09-18-2009, 12:24 AM
Jennings and Driver are good players and good people.
I'll root for them even if they start wearing purple.

packerbacker1234
09-18-2009, 01:16 AM
Of course... the DB didn't fade off, and it was a pretty minor inside fake. The DB tripped, which is why Jennings was so open.

Still, it's n ice noting they had been thinking about it, but the coverage didn't change like they had been talking on that play. The DB tripped.

Oh well, good stuff regardless.

gbgary
09-18-2009, 11:09 AM
Of course... the DB didn't fade off, and it was a pretty minor inside fake. The DB tripped, which is why Jennings was so open.

Still, it's n ice noting they had been thinking about it, but the coverage didn't change like they had been talking on that play. The DB tripped.

true but the trip alone didn't account for the five-yard gap jennings had. he was past him before the trip.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d812997dd/WK-1-Can-t-Miss-Rodgers-TD-throw

Pugger
09-18-2009, 11:27 AM
I know what you're saying. I was at the Ravens game this week and the introductions were insane and the atmosphere was totally different than at Lambeau. I'll take my boys any day.

Ziggy, do elaborate on the atmosphere in Baltimore compared to GB.

Fritz
09-18-2009, 02:13 PM
This may be in part why GJ got the contract extension. Talent plus smarts plus a good attitude.

sharpe1027
09-18-2009, 02:21 PM

true but the trip alone didn't account for the five-yard gap jennings had. he was past him before the trip.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d812997dd/WK-1-Can-t-Miss-Rodgers-TD-throw

I agree, it looked like one of those trips that happen when the DB realizes just how screwed he is and tries desparately to correct for it.

MOBB DEEP
09-18-2009, 03:55 PM

:roll:

swede
09-18-2009, 04:08 PM

:roll:

Some of you girls are really mean. I know what you meant.

MOBB DEEP
09-18-2009, 04:09 PM
I was going to start this thread before. Now, in keeping with the new PR tradition of starting threads with a players' name, here's a tidbit I picked up about Greg.

On "Inside the NFL" they had a bit on the Packers. in the 4th quarter, Greg was talking to WR coach Jimmie Robinson. He spoke confidently and with some urgency. He reported that when he was on the left side and showed some inside technique, the Bears rotated Lance Briggs to cover him an the DB's vacated the left side. Evidently the Bears were trying to jump Greg on the slant. Greg clearly stated that a fake inside and a cut to the outside would be wide open. Well, he dern sure called that one. Minutes later, he caught a six for the game winner.

It all made me proud to be a Packer fan. In this day of obnoxious, showboat WR's, we've got a tough competant crew that does their job and let's their play do the talking.

QFT...have a guiness

sheepshead
09-18-2009, 04:37 PM

Nice commentary. Both grounded men in their own right. I always get a warm and fuzzy when Donald flashes that smile after a catch and think of his journey to the Green Bay Packers.

Pugger
09-19-2009, 07:19 AM

But not me. I don't root for anyone wearing the colors of a divisional rival. I like these guys as people but they'd become the enemy once they change teams. After they retire I'd welcome them "home."