PDA

View Full Version : Spare Ribs Question

Tarlam!
09-19-2009, 11:29 AM
I am doing some research on BBQ spare ribs for a client of mine and am looking for some benchmarks on quality and value.

My question to my fellow rats is which chain has the best ribs in America and why??

Any tips and insights would be greatly appreciated.

Fosco33
09-19-2009, 11:43 AM
I've travelled and lived in many parts of the country - been to some of the best steakhouses and had the pleasure of eating at Jack Stacks a few times in Kansas City.

To me - they had the best flavor overall. And I think they ship somehow...

http://www.jackstackbbq.com/info.asp?ii=2&sid=&eid=&tid=&bhcd2=1253378275

Tyrone Bigguns
09-19-2009, 04:12 PM
The concept of bbq ribs and chains is an anathema to anyone who loves good Q. Also, nobody, cept chinese joints, uses the terms spare ribs.

You can't even get americans to decide what type of Q is the best as we have regional variations. Off the top of my head you have Texas style, KC style, Memphis, Carolina (North vs. South), Kentucky, Alabama, St. Louis.

Ribs are just a small portion of what a bbq joint serves...and to try and compare is impossible...different sauces, meats, wood, etc.

For example in the Carolinas, pork is the dominant meat, but North prefers a ketchup type sauce while the South prefers a mustard sauce.

Darden (olive garden, red lobster) started a chain called Smokey Bones in 99. Around 70 in 20 states. Famous Dave's is another. Dickey's is in Texas. The former is a full service place, the other two are fast casual.

P.S. Fosco, he said chains...multiple outlets isn't a chain. Fiorella's JS is good, but the most famous is Arthur Bryants. JS is way to upscale, white linens. Ty prefers the more humble BB Lawns or Oklahoma Joes...but, i can see your choice if you are with clients.

Scott Campbell
09-19-2009, 05:13 PM
I have yet to have ribs out that are as good as can be made at home. And they're so messy, I'm not all that excited to eat them at a restaurant anyway.

Sorry that's not much help T.

Cajun is the food that needs to be exported to the rest of the world. And they can start by exporting it to Utah.

Little Whiskey
09-19-2009, 09:44 PM
best place to get bbq is from a small mom and pop. with the cooker smoking out front.

retailguy
09-19-2009, 09:47 PM
I am doing some research on BBQ spare ribs for a client of mine and am looking for some benchmarks on quality and value.

My question to my fellow rats is which chain has the best ribs in America and why??

Might help if we knew where you were going. Chains don't have the "best" ribs, and typically it isn't even comparable to a local joint.

GBRulz
09-19-2009, 09:50 PM
Cajun is the food that needs to be exported to the rest of the world. And they can start by exporting it to Utah.

You can start by exporting your fry sauce, too! Can't find that stuff anywhere else but Utah!

GBRulz
09-19-2009, 09:52 PM
I'm not a BBQ expert...hello, look where I live....but I would think a chain having the best ribs is like saying Red Lobster is the best place for seafood.

However, I did eat at a Smokey Bones before and I must say, their ribs were freaken fantastic. You can order them online, too.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-19-2009, 11:27 PM
I'm not a BBQ expert...hello, look where I live....but I would think a chain having the best ribs is like saying Red Lobster is the best place for seafood.

However, I did eat at a Smokey Bones before and I must say, their ribs were freaken fantastic. You can order them online, too.

Their ribs are passable, but their onion rings are the bomb.

SnakeLH2006
09-20-2009, 03:57 AM
Snake has lots of experience in restuarants.....yet the sauce is not the answer. Who cooks it is it. Don't burn it. Answer to any cooking question. Pre-rub/pre-soak......that's another answer. These cooking answers are pretty easy. Just don't burn it. Pre-something...it's gotta be good.

MichiganPackerFan
09-20-2009, 07:01 AM
I don't eat at chains ever if I can help it. Good ribs should stand on their own without the sauce. Good rub and marinade and slow smoky grill. The sauce is a nice finishing touch.

Can't wait to get the brats going in a couple of hours!

MJZiggy
09-20-2009, 07:14 AM
I don't eat at chains ever if I can help it. Good ribs should stand on their own without the sauce. Good rub and marinade and slow smoky grill. The sauce is a nice finishing touch.

And you didn't invite me. What's wrong with you????

MichiganPackerFan
09-20-2009, 07:38 AM

And you didn't invite me. What's wrong with you????

Guess Im a sonofabitch this morning :(

After I get through tax season (10/15) would be fun to catch a game somewhere for sure!!!

MJZiggy
09-20-2009, 08:10 AM
I'm just giving you shit. Enjoy!

Scott Campbell
09-20-2009, 08:37 AM

You can start by exporting your fry sauce, too! Can't find that stuff anywhere else but Utah!

:lol:

Fry sauce is ketchup with a secret ingredient mixed in. (mayo)

The food here is truly awful. They know their way around dutch ovens, but other than that, it's not a place that any foodie would put on their bucket list.

Scott Campbell
09-20-2009, 08:43 AM
I don't eat at chains ever if I can help it.

I'm not fond of chains in general either, but I'd love to get a Pappadeaux in Salt Lake. It's the only place I can find a real gumbo outside of LA and Houston.

GrnBay007
09-20-2009, 02:05 PM

I'm all for those that say the mom n pop local joints have the best restaurant food rather than the chains.

One place you could look is at foodnetwork.com. Click on chefs and go to Guy Fieri and then go to his show "Diners, Drive-in's and Dives". He checks out the best of the best across the country. Then just search for ribs.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-20-2009, 04:56 PM

The food here is truly awful. They know their way around dutch ovens, but other than that, it's not a place that any foodie would put on their bucket list.

Ever been to Eaton's place?

Scott Campbell
09-20-2009, 08:14 PM

Ever been to Eaton's place?

Tuscany? Yeah, a couple times. He's knows for his chops. It's pretty good.

Deputy Nutz
09-20-2009, 08:22 PM
Fuck people, why not just answer the guys fucking question?

He wants to know a chain resturant that does a decent rib, Smokey Bones, Famous Dave's...

Not so fucking hard?

Tyrone Bigguns
09-20-2009, 08:29 PM

He wants to know a chain resturant that does a decent rib, Smokey Bones, Famous Dave's...

Not so fucking hard?

Fuck, why can't you read. Someone already mentioned those.

And, if you are gonna complain....why don't you at least get it right..he wasnt' asking what chains. He asked which is the best and why.

Is that so hard?

Deputy Nutz
09-20-2009, 08:43 PM

Not so fucking hard?

And, if you are gonna complain....why don't you at least get it right..he wasnt' asking what chains. He asked which is the best and why.

Is that so hard?

Does anyone like you?

GrnBay007
09-20-2009, 08:51 PM

Not so fucking hard?

LOL got a point! Maybe the guy is looking to invest.

Chains.....Went to Famous Dave's when I was in Michigan and thought it was good.

retailguy
09-20-2009, 09:09 PM

Not so fucking hard?

Wow. Wrong time of the month? Take two midol and call skinbasket in the morning. jeez. :P

falco
09-20-2009, 09:21 PM
The bigger question is, how much is Tarlam getting paid to poll the rats about ribs???? Is that what big bucks for consulting buys you nowadays?

Tyrone Bigguns
09-20-2009, 11:45 PM

Not so fucking hard?

Is that so hard?

Does anyone like you?

Your mom does, she says hello.

Tarlam!
09-21-2009, 05:13 AM
The bigger question is, how much is Tarlam getting paid to poll the rats about ribs???? Is that what big bucks for consulting buys you nowadays?

Close, but no cigar. I'm not getting paid for this.

And Ty, I did ask specifically about chains, so Nutz was dead right. Restaurants with trained chefs etc. don't interest my client at all. My client is looking at a franchise concept. Germany has no ribs.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-21-2009, 05:19 AM

And Ty, I did ask specifically about chains, so Nutz was dead right. Restaurants with trained chefs etc. don't interest my client at all. My client is looking at a franchise concept. Germany has no ribs.

Tarlam,

I know you asked about chains, hence my response. but you asked about quality and other attributes, why one was better, etc....none of which he answered.

the only one who did this was Ty. And, no thank you from you whatsoever. You are welcome.

The point of my reply to him.....basically his post redone..was that he criticized others for not answering the question...when, it 1)had already been done and 2) he didn't get to the heart of he matter. Thus, his post was an epic fail.

Please reread your initial post.

Sincerely,
Ty

MichiganPackerFan
09-21-2009, 07:41 AM

I'm all for those that say the mom n pop local joints have the best restaurant food rather than the chains.

One place you could look is at foodnetwork.com. Click on chefs and go to Guy Fieri and then go to his show "Diners, Drive-in's and Dives". He checks out the best of the best across the country. Then just search for ribs.

Big fan of Guy and the Triple D! He needs to keep developing that list, because last time I checked, there wasn't a whole lot around here.

Tarlam!
09-21-2009, 08:53 AM
Ty, a HUGE THANK YOU! And a huge thank you to all who responded. I really appreciate it.

SkinBasket
09-21-2009, 08:56 AM
I will eat ribs at Outback Steakhouse, but that might just be because every other entree there sucks cock.

Tarlam!
09-21-2009, 10:04 AM
Outback lasted all of 7 months in Germany. About 5 years ago, though I'm guessing. Dunno what happened. Here today.....

SkinBasket
09-21-2009, 10:17 AM
Outback lasted all of 7 months in Germany. About 5 years ago, though I'm guessing. Dunno what happened. Here today.....

It was probably around that same time that they went downhill here too. It was never spectacular, but a few things on the menu kept us going there every now and again and it wasn't bad. The french onion soup there is still one of my favorite versions, but almost everything on the dinner menu is pretty shitty now.

Tarlam!
09-21-2009, 10:25 AM
I ave to LOL at the French Onion Soup. Most Rats know I'm an Aussie, but maybe you'll be surprised to know I'm a fully trained Chef. I haven't worked as one for 20 years, but I did spend the better part of 10 years in kitchens. Back in the day.

French Onion soup was, when I was a cook, the national soup of Australia. So, I just had to LOL about Outback's menu item.

SkinBasket
09-21-2009, 11:12 AM
I ave to LOL at the French Onion Soup. Most Rats know I'm an Aussie, but maybe you'll be surprised to know I'm a fully trained Chef. I haven't worked as one for 20 years, but I did spend the better part of 10 years in kitchens. Back in the day.

French Onion soup was, when I was a cook, the national soup of Australia. So, I just had to LOL about Outback's menu item.

I order French Onion soup whenever I get the chance, no matter the restaurant. Outback's version has a nice thick, hearty broth, the onions are plentiful and robust, and the seasoning and cheese are well balanced considering the strength of the soup. They also use a piece of bread under the cheese, not some stupid oversized crouton.

I wish you'd come make me some soup.

Deputy Nutz
09-21-2009, 02:27 PM

Tarlam,

I know you asked about chains, hence my response. but you asked about quality and other attributes, why one was better, etc....none of which he answered.

the only one who did this was Ty. And, no thank you from you whatsoever. You are welcome.

The point of my reply to him.....basically his post redone..was that he criticized others for not answering the question...when, it 1)had already been done and 2) he didn't get to the heart of he matter. Thus, his post was an epic fail.

Sincerely,
Ty

See nobody likes you and I believe you were talking about Zool's Mom.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-21-2009, 05:56 PM

Tarlam,

Sincerely,
Ty

doesn't change the fact that your post was an epic fail.

P.S. I can totally tell your mom from Zool's. Your mom has the roast beef curtains.

MJZiggy
09-21-2009, 06:00 PM

Big fan of Guy and the Triple D! He needs to keep developing that list, because last time I checked, there wasn't a whole lot around here.

You're kidding, right?

Freak Out
09-21-2009, 06:04 PM

It was probably around that same time that they went downhill here too. It was never spectacular, but a few things on the menu kept us going there every now and again and it wasn't bad. The french onion soup there is still one of my favorite versions, but almost everything on the dinner menu is pretty shitty now.

Outback NEVER was any good. I loath those kinds of chain restaurants to begin with but Outback was exceptional bad.

Just give me my spatzle and laugen bretzeln and I'll be ok.

:)

Deputy Nutz
09-21-2009, 06:05 PM

Tarlam,

Sincerely,
Ty

P.S. I can totally tell your mom from Zool's. Your mom has the roast beef curtains.

Good one!!! Nothing is awesome as describing a vagina as a piece of roast beef in a food thread!

Why would you fuck a woman with "meat curtains" anyway? That pathetic?

My post according to you Mr. Cunt Lips was a fail to all others it was hailed as a thing of beauty because they are sick of your bullshit. You want to ramble on and on about everything you think you know, and then when I simply ask why you and the rest can't simply answer the fucking guys question you get all pissy. Maybe because you are D-Bag???

Tyrone Bigguns
09-21-2009, 07:06 PM

Tarlam,

Sincerely,
Ty

Good one!!! Nothing is awesome as describing a vagina as a piece of roast beef in a food thread!

My post according to you Mr. Cunt Lips was a fail to all others it was hailed as a thing of beauty because they are sick of your bullshit. You want to ramble on and on about everything you think you know, and then when I simply ask why you and the rest can't simply answer the fucking guys question you get all pissy. Maybe because you are D-Bag???

Who said i fucked your mom? You can see those roast beef curtains a mile away.

Hailed: By whom? I don't see anybody on this thread proclaiming your genius. Funny you choose to speak for the forum on the day i'm getting praise from the forum. Could you be more tone deaf? LOL

The real question is why can't you answer his question? Ty did, what makes me so much smarter than you?

go back to the packer forum and cry some more, eyeore.

Scott Campbell
09-21-2009, 07:46 PM
You can always tell the day after a loss by the mood of the forum.

Tarlam!
09-21-2009, 11:45 PM

I'd like that, Skin, I really would. Of course, Nutz would have to be there. Don't need no jealous men friends crying over chopped onions!

Scott Campbell
09-22-2009, 08:02 AM
I make a wicked cream of sumyunguy.

GrnBay007
09-22-2009, 08:12 AM

I'd like that, Skin, I really would. Of course, Nutz would have to be there. Don't need no jealous men friends crying over chopped onions!

Forget that man drama!!!! I love soup! :P

MichiganPackerFan
09-22-2009, 08:23 AM

You're kidding, right?

There's not much on his list around here!!! There's a TON of great joints worthy of his visits though!!!

Deputy Nutz
09-22-2009, 09:28 AM

Tarlam,

Sincerely,
Ty

Hailed: By whom? I don't see anybody on this thread proclaiming your genius. Funny you choose to speak for the forum on the day i'm getting praise from the forum. Could you be more tone deaf? LOL

The real question is why can't you answer his question? Ty did, what makes me so much smarter than you?

You are right I guess I can be like you, use google, throw in a little wiki, a couple of more search engines, just so I can be a forum know it all. If it is important for you to have a place here on the forum, then I really don't want to take it away from you. You can't be the king of the one liners because Scott has you beat there, everyone makes fun of Partial, so you can't be that guy, so I guess you can be the guy that is the "know it all" on the forum. Everyone needs a boost to their ego, I really sincerely hope that this forum provides that to you.

Man I now feel slighted by you the person everyone is sick of hearing from.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-22-2009, 10:15 AM

Tarlam,

Sincerely,
Ty

You are right I guess I can be like you, use google, throw in a little wiki, a couple of more search engines, just so I can be a forum know it all. If it is important for you to have a place here on the forum, then I really don't want to take it away from you. You can't be the king of the one liners because Scott has you beat there, everyone makes fun of Partial, so you can't be that guy, so I guess you can be the guy that is the "know it all" on the forum. Everyone needs a boost to their ego, I really sincerely hope that this forum provides that to you.

Man I now feel slighted by you the person everyone is sick of hearing from.

Wow. You are so prescient. You have cut me to the core. I am totally devastated.

Another fail.

Still didn't answer Tar's question. Ty did. And, yes, it totally required google, wiki, a panel of experts, called bobby flay, etc. You are a dipshit.

P.S. You forgot to mention I can't be king of the miserable, not funny, douchebags...cause you have that title.

Tarlam!
09-22-2009, 01:12 PM
Seven, what time should I be there?

mraynrand
09-22-2009, 01:36 PM

Does it go well with Ty's roast beef curtains?

Scott Campbell
09-22-2009, 05:24 PM

Ty has roast beef curtains?

GrnBay007
09-22-2009, 06:31 PM
Seven, what time should I be there?

*sigh* raced from work to the football game. Soup would be so nice right now.

:D

Tyrone Bigguns
09-22-2009, 07:28 PM

No, that is Nutz's mom.

I have the dragon cock.

Deputy Nutz
09-22-2009, 08:29 PM

No, that is Nutz's mom.

I have the dragon cock.

You are a fucking dork. Go sniff your hand some more. you didn't answer Tarlam's question for shit, you told him where to go to get good ribs and you wrote a fucking essay on it, to bad you didn't quote all of your sources.

Shameful fuck

Tyrone Bigguns
09-22-2009, 08:55 PM

No, that is Nutz's mom.

I have the dragon cock.

You are a fucking dork. Go sniff your hand some more. you didn't answer Tarlam's question for shit, you told him where to go to get good ribs and you wrote a fucking essay on it, to bad you didn't quote all of your sources.

Shameful fuck

My hand stinks cause of your mom's roast beef curtains. I've tried numerous industrial cleaners....nothing is working.

I surely did, by noting that there are tons of regional variations it will be hard to determine.

If what i wrote qualifies as an essay, it is becoming more obvious what you are lacking.

Why are you even responding? Isnt' there some of your douchebag MMA for you to watch. Put on your asslicktion tee and go blow joe rogan.

MJZiggy
09-22-2009, 09:50 PM

You're kidding, right?

There's not much on his list around here!!! There's a TON of great joints worthy of his visits though!!! Thank God. I thought I was going to have to take you on a tour, you poor deprived thing....

Deputy Nutz
09-22-2009, 11:12 PM

No, that is Nutz's mom.

I have the dragon cock.

Shameful fuck

My hand stinks cause of your mom's roast beef curtains. I've tried numerous industrial cleaners....nothing is working.

I surely did, by noting that there are tons of regional variations it will be hard to determine.

If what i wrote qualifies as an essay, it is becoming more obvious what you are lacking.

Why are you even responding? Isnt' there some of your douchebag MMA for you to watch. Put on your asslicktion tee and go blow joe rogan.

Are you finished insulting my mother? Because I was hoping that if you were going to continue you would actually use some kind of variation in it. It is suprising because I figured there would be some really good "Mother Jokes" that you could research on Google or Wikipedia and use them as your own.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-22-2009, 11:57 PM

No, that is Nutz's mom.

I have the dragon cock.

Shameful fuck

Are you finished insulting my mother? Because I was hoping that if you were going to continue you would actually use some kind of variation in it. It is suprising because I figured there would be some really good "Mother Jokes" that you could research on Google or Wikipedia and use them as your own.

Wow. That was quick work on Rogan's greg. How was the greg juice?

No. I'll continue. No need to vary the routine...you haven't forced me to.

Maybe if you could put me in one of your homoerotic MMA holds i would be forced to. Get your gang for forgys ready.

Deputy Nutz
09-23-2009, 12:12 AM
It is funny watching you try to come down to my level.

Keep grasping at straws with this whole MMA thing. I wonder if you googled that or if you just visit the wrong kind of clubs.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-23-2009, 12:26 AM
It is funny watching you try to come down to my level.

Keep grasping at straws with this whole MMA thing. I wonder if you googled that or if you just visit the wrong kind of clubs.

I am strugglin big time to come down to your level. I feel so bad about myself.

C'mon, man. Let's be friends, i just got a tribal tat, picked up some damn cool asslicktion tees, and am slanging mortgages...i'm ready to be a junior nutz. Douchebags unite!!

Keep it dirty!!

Tarlam!
09-23-2009, 01:12 AM
Um, guys, Ribs??

Seven, you tease!!

SnakeLH2006
09-23-2009, 02:40 AM

Not so fucking hard?

Is that so hard?

Does anyone like you?

:worship:
--------------------------------------------------------

Anyway...going with chains..know this, Tarlam, bud...Applebee's just changed their corporate recipe in the last month......over their previously pre-cooked babyback Ribs....

It's now a FULL BabyBack RAW ass rib that you must slice the membrane/dry season/sear/steam for 105 min./BBQ/cool/then cook on the broiler/and resauce with Southern/Spicy/or old school BBQ sauce.....

How does Snake know this? Who cares? It's 100% true and the best BabyBack ribs you will get from any chain right now, by far...It's good ass stuff. Meat just slips off the bone. Get some BabyBack ribs, Tar, I'll guide you through. It's just awesome stuff.

Tarlam!
09-23-2009, 04:15 AM
So, Applebees first steams then broils?

SnakeLH2006
09-23-2009, 04:24 AM

Cuts membrane/dry rubs for 2 hours/steams/sauces/cools/broils/then sauces. It's tender...then good..Kills Tony Roma's. Best BBQ BabyBack chain shit now.....so yep...Tar...yep.

Deputy Nutz
09-23-2009, 07:22 AM

Lets not forget Chilli's. They aren't a strictly BBQ, but I believe at one time they were. They have some really good ribs, you know for a chain. A year or so ago they had a regional flavor or style of rib. Different rubs, and sauces. This probably shows you how fake they are in terms of authentic BBQ, but they were alright none the less.

Tell your client to buy a Chilli's franchise for Germany. They have worked every place else.

Applebees sort of sucks balls now, 20 years ago they were pretty good, product has hit the shits.

SkinBasket
09-23-2009, 07:38 AM
Applebees is about as bad as chain food gets right now.

Scott Campbell
09-23-2009, 08:02 AM

I've reserved that distinction for Olive Garden.

Patler
09-23-2009, 08:17 AM
If Applebees has changed their rib recipe, I'll give them another try. I really enjoy ribs, but I quit ordering them at our local Applebees about a year ago. I did not like them at all.

Patler
09-23-2009, 08:20 AM

When I first went to an Olive Garden some 10 or 12 years ago or so, I thought they were really quite good. They were also somewhat expensive. In trying to become cost competitive with cheaper chains some years back, their food has suffered, I think.

Zool
09-23-2009, 08:54 AM

Boy thats a real crap sandwich duo of restaurants right there. I'm going to give Olive Garden the nod for their ability to give their patrons diarrhea at a competitive price. Applebees is basically a salt coated salt patty with a side of salt for everything they serve.

SkinBasket
09-23-2009, 09:06 AM
Soup salad and breadsticks motherfuckers!

Scott Campbell
09-23-2009, 11:04 AM

Except the soup is beyond awful, the salad is marginally edible, and both of those are better than the synthetic bread sticks.

But that's ok because you can eat as many as you like.

SnakeLH2006
09-23-2009, 02:38 PM

Except the soup is beyond awful, the salad is marginally edible, and both of those are better than the synthetic bread sticks.

But that's ok because you can eat as many as you like.

.....and it's as cheap as a truck stop hooker. Not saying either is good, but in this economy, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. :oops: :whist:

Deputy Nutz
09-23-2009, 05:57 PM

You just ruined my romantic evening next Tuesday night with the Skinbasket. You rot in hell.

Scott Campbell
09-23-2009, 08:02 PM

You just ruined my romantic evening next Tuesday night with the Skinbasket. You rot in hell.

You guys need to cuddle at Marty's Pizza. Or Oakland Gyros.

Deputy Nutz
09-23-2009, 10:53 PM

You guys need to cuddle at Marty's Pizza. Or Oakland Gyros.

I love some Marty's. I am a Waukesha guy, so I go to Gyro's West

Partial
09-23-2009, 10:59 PM
I just don't get the whole 'Oakland Gyros' thing. I've been there on numerous occasions, drunk and sober, and it's only okay at best. I guess it's not my thing.

Supposedly there is a 5 guys going in next to it. I don't even know what type of food it is but people seem stoked for it.

Marty's pizza is effin good. It's up there right behind Ned's, Pizza Man and Anne's as far as best I've had in Milwaukee.

I like Applebees and Olive Garden. Applebees is good in a pinch, I've had good lime chicken there, and then OG is just all-around solid with the soup salad and breadsticks for a five spot.

Deputy Nutz
09-23-2009, 11:03 PM
There is a 5 Guys in Delafield and Pewaukee and it is the fucking bomb! Best franchise burger I have had.

If you haven't gone, I suggest you do.

Partial
09-23-2009, 11:06 PM
There is a 5 Guys in Delafield and Pewaukee and it is the fucking bomb! Best franchise burger I have had.

hmm I would guessed pizza based on the name but I will check it out once it goes in.

Deputy Nutz
09-23-2009, 11:09 PM
Strictly burgers and hotdogs, but fuck the hotdogs. Fries are all cut by hand day they are served.

free peanuts

Tyrone Bigguns
09-23-2009, 11:19 PM

hmm I would guessed pizza based on the name but I will check it out once it goes in.

What suggested pizza?

Franchise burger joint outta the east coast. Growing like crazy. Good burger. Got 2 opening near my cardboard box soon in tempe, i think.

Still like Fatburger (fried egg is da bomb), Cheeburger Cheeburger, Backyard Burgers and The Counter more.

AZ has tons of In n Out...but, ty just really doesn't get the appeal.

Noodle
09-24-2009, 05:32 PM
Let me try to actually answer the question.

I'm a huge Q fan, and while I agree with Ty about preferring places with a 3-legged dog on the porch, there are some pretty good chain places that do ribs, but they are more regional than national.

Sonny's is very good -- started in Florida in the 1960s and has lasted a long time in the South, which says something.

Melvin's is another Southern chain, based in South Carolina. Exceptional Q, though the owner is a wing-nut. His brother has started a rival operation that's also good, but Melvin's is the bigger outfit and probably more of what your client is looking for. Though, did I mention the owner is a wing-nut?

Last, Famous Dave's does excellent ribs, and it does a good job of replicating a variety of regional sauces. The down side is that the founder, Dave Anderson, grew up in Chicago, but he really has created a great chain that is very consistent. Given its size and consistency, I'd say you should look first at Famous Dave's, though it kills me to say this about a non-Southern joint.

Don't waste your time with Tony Romo's, Smoky Bones, or any of the other more national chains. They blow.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-24-2009, 05:37 PM
Noodle,

Ty lived in florida and ate at Sonny's. Thought it sucked. MMMM, Sonny's. (need a puking emoticon)

Not big on the buffet style sides.

Freak Out
09-24-2009, 05:48 PM
Best BBQ I've had was in some fuck hole town in SW Texas....Bay City I think.....The meats and sauces were all fantastic but I came when I had the black eyed peas.

Noodle
09-24-2009, 06:00 PM
Noodle,

Ty lived in florida and ate at Sonny's. Thought it sucked. MMMM, Sonny's. (need a puking emoticon)

While I'd agree it's not the greatest, given the restriction to chains, it has shown staying power in a region that knows Q. So while I'm not surprised you didn't love it, I also think saying that it sucks is a little over the top.

Of course, if you ate there right after lapping up a healthy portion of Nutz's mom's meat curtains, that might explain your reaction.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-24-2009, 06:25 PM
Noodle,

While I'd agree it's not the greatest, given the restriction to chains, it has shown staying power in a region that knows Q. So while I'm not surprised you didn't love it, I also think saying that it sucks is a little over the top.

Of course, if you ate there right after lapping up a healthy portion of Nutz's mom's meat curtains, that might explain your reaction.

Staying power: Well they are primarily in florida..and that is a region that doesn't know q. Most of florida is not considered the south. Sonny's is cheap and the all u can eat appeals to those who value mass over quality (and even better, you don't have to leave a tip)..same as other craptastic buffets like Hometown. Florida...is the home of the god awful chinese buffet as well. You have to work hard to find a lunch place that isn't a buffet.

Areas like St.Pete, Tampa, Orlando actually have very few bbq places...so sonny's wins by default.

Noodle
09-24-2009, 06:33 PM
Cripes you're an argumentative MFer!

Sonny's started as a north florida joint and has places there as well as in the panhandle. Even you would have to agree that North Florida ain't a whole lot different than South Georgia.

Perhaps you've heard of the quintessential Southern rock band Lynderd Skynerd and the guy who formed it, Ronnie Van Zant? From Jacksonville.

Iron Mike
09-24-2009, 06:49 PM
Alright, I don't know if it would be considered a chain, but my choice for ribs would be Robinson's #1 Ribs (http://www.rib1.com/)

Tyrone Bigguns
09-24-2009, 08:05 PM

Sonny's started as a north florida joint and has places there as well as in the panhandle. Even you would have to agree that North Florida ain't a whole lot different than South Georgia.

Perhaps you've heard of the quintessential Southern rock band Lynderd Skynerd and the guy who formed it, Ronnie Van Zant? From Jacksonville.

Men have killed for less than good Q is the south.

Sonny's started in Gainesville. Gainesville is hardly a north florida type place..just so you know. :wink:

Yes, Ty would have to say NF isn't much diff than S. Georgia...Ty lived for a 1.5 years in Jville. Ty isn't much of a fan of Lynerd Skynerd or Molly Hatchett...both jville bands. Ty prefers the Allman bros.

Either way, Ty still thinks sonny's sucks and that sonny's success is based on quantity not quality.....btw, ty lived in Otown...that is the home of corp sonny's. And, ty was forced to eat many a catered corp lunch of sonny's. Ty was also forced to go with co-workers to sonny's in Oviedo far too many times.

Orlando has many sonny's but has very few independent Q joints. Shout to the defunct Red's (man, that old woman was OLD)!! And, to Blackwater and bubba lou's. Uncle Jones is also good.

BTW, did you know sonny's has had some problems? Their franchisor(whatever the term is) in ATL filed for bankruptcy. And they are no longer open in daytona?

Ok. ty will say that sonny's at least has some good sauces. That make you happy? Which is good since their meat is bland.

Zool
09-24-2009, 11:56 PM

Sonnys is the shit. Where else can you eat smoked meat for hours on end for $7?

SnakeLH2006
09-25-2009, 01:09 AM
I just don't get the whole 'Oakland Gyros' thing. I've been there on numerous occasions, drunk and sober, and it's only okay at best. I guess it's not my thing.

I dunno what to say to that Big P. Oakland Gyro's is a cult classic drunk or sober. Lived in Brewtown for a few months, but never ate there.

One of Snake's best buds used to live around there in college and started up his own local chain (family owned) in my area of Gyro's (he's from Greece). Anyway, my bud is from Milwaukee (as a youth) along with many of Snake's local buds now that I know (from Brewtown) as we came back there (Milwaukee) in 2006 from the airport after a vacation. He really wanted me to try Oakland Gyro's. BEST FOOD EVER. And I was sober.

Last time Snake was in Milwaukee was in April, coming back from Las Vegas at the MKE airport. I made a point to stop there and ordered $30 worth of gyro platters to go, and had to stop after 100 miles cuz the smells (good) were too much. Prob. ate most of it, and left Snake's woman hanging when I got home (as I ate most of it).

Oakland Gyro's is just amazing and a cult legend in Brewtown. Amazingly huge ass portions, just tasty as all hell, and pretty affordable. Just amazing quality food...Really, really, really good EVERY time (Snake's had it about a dozen times now).

Word has it (don't know who watches it on the Travel channel) but Man vs. Food is coming to Brewtown for a future episode where the host (Adam) is going to try out Milwaukee's best foods...Oakland Gyro's is one of them.

I feel bad for you Big P, if you don't like the gyros, just damn amazing food. Really good for the price. I'd pay anything locally, to get that food. Yummzorz........ :hrt:

Partial
09-25-2009, 01:28 AM
Where does the Snake reside?

SnakeLH2006
09-25-2009, 02:06 AM

Central WI. What does that matter? You didn't like the Oakland Gyros. I got SO many current buddies from there (Brewtown), and been there many times (even lived there for a bit). Oakland Gyros is still the shit, big P. Never heard of anyone bag on OG before? :huh:

Partial
09-25-2009, 02:12 AM

Central WI. What does that matter? You didn't like the Oakland Gyros. I got SO many current buddies from there (Brewtown), and been there many times (even lived there for a bit). Oakland Gyros is still the shit, big P. Never heard of anyone bag on OG before? :huh:

I was just curious as I thought you were in MKE. It's okay, it's not spectacular. I thought it was a little expensive (8 bucksish) for a platter. Not really my thing I guess.

SnakeLH2006
09-25-2009, 02:34 AM

I was just curious as I thought you were in MKE. It's okay, it's not spectacular. I thought it was a little expensive (8 bucksish) for a platter. Not really my thing I guess.

It's totally worth it. Great food. Just tasty. In fact (got many buddies from Brewtown that claim it's the wasted late night way to go after drinking)....Ate there mostly sober. It's just awesome. HUGE entree's, cheap prices. Good stuff. Only thing you got worry about is getting jacked in the parking lot. Snake had a buddy get almost carjacked at the non-MKE/original OG location once. He hit him in the face and the dude's homie ran off....that's kinda scary.

Personally, Snake was never worried (carry a blade on my person in questionable situations and never had to use it yet). It's worth the worry for good ass food. Oakland Gyro's is topnotch with palette/price. Good ass food, yo. You are missing out, Partial.

On a side note, my buddy who runs 2 gyro places by me in central WI said he knows the owner's son who ran the MKE OG. My buddy said the owner's son was a little gangsta ass bitch that pissed in someone's food once on a "gang thing". Snake's buddy beat him the fuck up (my buddy is alot like Snake....cool ass guy, and a sometimes hothead who beats the fuck out of douchebags to help bring down the douchebag % in society). That's my buddy.

When I went there a few months ago I asked if that douchebag dude was still was there. They said no. I ordered. MMMmmmmmm. Good ass gyro's. Yummy. You are missing out. Fuck ribs. Those gyro's are something to die for....That damn good, yo. Yumz....

Tyrone Bigguns
09-25-2009, 02:58 AM

I'm kinda with you. Ty has enjoyed OG many times, kinda like hooking up with an old girlfriend...the idea sounds great, but it rarely is. But, to each his own.

If you can..check out Golden Gyros, they also got burgers and custard. Ty is also partial to Grecian delight. But, if you are hammered...who really can tell the diff?

ty eats a ton of greek food as he is friends with about 5 cypriots and macedonians. According to them when you eat gyro sammies there...they put the fries in the sammy...and no tzazaki (sp?), instead with tahini.

SnakeLH2006
09-25-2009, 03:03 AM

I'm kinda with you. Ty has enjoyed OG many times, kinda like hooking up with an old girlfriend...the idea sounds great, but it rarely is. But, to each his own.

So you don't like OG either. C'mon Ty. That shit is damn good for the price. I dunno about those other places, but for a cheap price (relative) those entree's are top notch tasty, yo. It's not like you are dining in (gotta pop the question type of place)...but as far as good food for the price. OG is the way to go, Ty.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-25-2009, 03:25 AM

So you don't like OG either. C'mon Ty. That shit is damn good for the price. I dunno about those other places, but for a cheap price (relative) those entree's are top notch tasty, yo. It's not like you are dining in (gotta pop the question type of place)...but as far as good food for the price. OG is the way to go, Ty.

Like i said, enjoyed it many times, but it is like a 2 am hookup....fun, but you really don't want anyone to know about it.

Most gyro places are cheap...so, cost really doesn't factor. Sketchy neighborhood, drunks, sketchy drunks. If i got the vehicle, i'm going to Grecian.

but, i won't complain if we head to OG. Like i said, drunk...it all tastes pretty good.

But, in reality, Ty and his gang, back in the day, were more into Ma Fischer's on Farwell. Easy access after a night at the landmark or vitucci's.

MichiganPackerFan
09-25-2009, 07:51 AM
Any of the DC crew have any recommendations for dive spots with great barbecue in the Metro area? Zig? Mobb?

Scott Campbell
09-25-2009, 09:27 AM
I liked Oakland Gyros after a night of heavy drinking. But it's probably been 20+ years since I've been there.

Noodle
09-25-2009, 11:59 AM
Any of the DC crew have any recommendations for dive spots with great barbecue in the Metro area? Zig? Mobb?

I'm no longer in DC, but lived in the area for a while. It's not a dive place, but I think Rocklands does pretty dang good que (http://www.rocklands.com/). Red Hot and Blue is also pretty reliable, though again, it's no dive. Buddies is pretty good, though you should know where you're going as it's in a rough part of town. I hear Urban Bar b Que in Rockville is excellent, and Bubba's in Falls Church is good.

Tarlam, you might add Red Hot & Blue and Rocklands to your list to check out -- they aren't big chains, but they do have franchises, and the quality is both consistent and high.

DC itself doesn't have dive que, to my memory. Go a little ways to Fredericksburg, however, and you'll run in to Allman's Bar BQ Pit. Get the chopped pork (I liked mine minced). Add sauce. Dig in. It dosen't get much better.

hoosier
09-25-2009, 12:03 PM

Boy thats a real crap sandwich duo of restaurants right there. I'm going to give Olive Garden the nod for their ability to give their patrons diarrhea at a competitive price. Applebees is basically a salt coated salt patty with a side of salt for everything they serve.

If we add Chilis to the menu we get a giant crap sandwich with a worm in the middle.

Freak Out
09-25-2009, 12:43 PM
I pretty much rule out any restaurant where the menu is just giant glossy pictures of glistening food items.

Freak Out
09-25-2009, 12:46 PM
Tarlam....the bottom line is that there is no good chain food out there. Start some apprenticeship program within the German School system and send kids over to learn how to cook in the great locally owned regional BBQ restaurants around the country.

Scott Campbell
09-25-2009, 12:52 PM
Tarlam....the bottom line is that there is no good chain food out there.

Pappadeaux.

Freak Out
09-25-2009, 01:03 PM
Tarlam....the bottom line is that there is no good chain food out there.

Pappadeaux.

National chain then....don't tell me.....the do blackened redfish?

Scott Campbell
09-25-2009, 01:33 PM
They'll do about anything blackened. But it all starts with the gumbo.

Freak Out
09-25-2009, 01:40 PM

I go to Louisiana quite often so I normally stay away from Cajun/LA places when out of the State but I'll look for one sometime.

MJZiggy
09-25-2009, 05:56 PM

Funny you should ask...on WTOP today...

http://wtop.com/?sid=1768070&nid=812

You're buying, right? There's a new place that opened up in Rockville on Gude Drive, but I haven't been there yet, so can't tell you if it's any good.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-25-2009, 06:44 PM
Tarlam....the bottom line is that there is no good chain food out there. Start some apprenticeship program within the German School system and send kids over to learn how to cook in the great locally owned regional BBQ restaurants around the country.

Exactly.

also, they should figure out which Q style works best for the german taste buds.

Do they like vinegar? Mustard based sauce. Do they like sweet or more tangy. What type of wood appeals most. Should they do beef or concentrate on pig. Germans love sausage, but would they like BBQ sausage? Do they like coleslaw and baked beans and cornbread/texas toast (sides).

Thinking about it, they might find it best to go to Texas...as lots of germans moved there..and the best were owned by germans...mueller's, southside, mann's, etc. Cooper's is in New Braunfels...that name has to be german.

HowardRoark
09-25-2009, 07:12 PM
Cooper's is in New Braunfels...that name has to be german.

It is, and they have a fabulous water park there too by the way.

Can you start fighting* again? That was some good entertainment.

*I need to be more specific with you. With Nutz.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-25-2009, 07:21 PM

It is, and they have a fabulous water park there too by the way.

Cooper's is good..but, they are english. Obviously NB is german.

We can just have the germans work at Kreutz market.

Fighting: Sure. My people want guaranteed money. Don't know what Team Nutz needs.

Scott Campbell
09-25-2009, 07:22 PM

I go to Louisiana quite often so I normally stay away from Cajun/LA places when out of the State but I'll look for one sometime.

I love it down there (LA). I know some of them that think anyone who lives north of I-10 is a damned Yankee.

MichiganPackerFan
09-26-2009, 03:16 PM

Funny you should ask...on WTOP today...

http://wtop.com/?sid=1768070&nid=812

You're buying, right? There's a new place that opened up in Rockville on Gude Drive, but I haven't been there yet, so can't tell you if it's any good.

Thanks - bookmarked that. WTOP tends to favor chains in their best restaurants because they have more exposure. I've walked over to King Street Blues a couple of times. Food is not good, but the bartending is great!

MJZiggy
09-26-2009, 03:29 PM
Hop on the metro and come up here. Urban BBQ is walking distance from Twinbrook station on the red line. There's Urban Burger too if you happen to be up here with a car and they hand make the burgers and stuffed 'tatoes and soups. They even sometimes have beer cheese soup.

SnakeLH2006
09-26-2009, 11:44 PM

Fighting: Sure. My people want guaranteed money. Don't know what Team Nutz needs.

WTF? Who kept Snake out the loop? Snake used to hit up some amateur local "Fight Clubs" at local bars after the movie in the early 2000's, but it was bogus (facegear, boxing gloves, waivers, etc. mandatory).

That would be awesome. Harlan could sponsor, Skin would be Nutz's ringman, Snake would be the new guy like Rocky 4's Russian dude, waiting to fight next if Nutz goes down.

Who would be Rocky, though? No one wants a Russian winning. I'm sure, Tarlam, would be in Snake's corner offering translations. Ty, Kimbo Slice is already in UFC on the new season of the Ultimate Fighter, so maybe he can back his talk up. We'll see next week when Kimbo fights.

Either way, what would the Rat card look like for fights? Now that is must-see TV.

Snake has some cash, let's get this thing rolling. Reality TV is at the peak. It'll jump the shark VERY soon. Snake and Nutz vs. Ty and ??? This could get interesting.

--------------------------------

I'm just fucking around, but, anyway....Not sure where this thread went (wasn't it chain ribs) then EVERYONE dissed the chain ribs....so maybe this should be renamed a Good Eats thread? I'm just saying.

Peace out,

Snakey.

Tarlam!
09-27-2009, 02:20 AM
Snake can count on Tarlam! I'd be in his corner, but he's not allowed to fight Nutz. Tar loves Nutz. And Skin. Both great people.

Tarlam! doesen't know Ty, but respects his obvious intelligence.

SnakeLH2006
09-27-2009, 02:27 AM
Snake can count on Tarlam! I'd be in his corner, but he's not allowed to fight Nutz. Tar loves Nutz. And Skin. Both great people.

Hahaha Tar..If you see this in the next hour, call me (my phone is on....turning it on right now)..

This fight was Nuts/Snake (with Skin in the corner) vs. Ty (and his homies) with HH running it. Ty is too smart though as we all lose, thus this:

http://achievements.schrankmonster.de/Achievement.aspx?text=Ty%20is%20smarter%20than%20E VERYONE.%20Einstein%20FAILS.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 02:28 AM

Tar,

We’ve come a long long way together,
Through the hard times and the good,
I have to celebrate you baby,
I have to praise you like I should

http://jandemessemaeker.net/music/albumcovers/thumbnails/tn_Fatboy%20Slim-Youve%20Come%20A%20Long%20Way,%20Baby.jpg

SnakeLH2006
09-27-2009, 02:33 AM

Tar,

http://jandemessemaeker.net/music/albumcovers/thumbnails/tn_Fatboy%20Slim-Youve%20Come%20A%20Long%20Way,%20Baby.jpg

Snake knows 2 things:

1) Tar, Nutz, and Skin would have Snake's back in a fight.
2) Who the fuck has Ty's back?

...No diss, really, but can you produce someone/anyone?

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 02:55 AM

Tar,

Snake knows 2 things:

1. Who the fuck wants to fight. What are you, age 13 emotionally.
2. ty doesn't feel the need to start talking about who would do what. It is just message board talk. I guess this is more of your "snake likes ty" shit. More of your joking around.
3. How do you know what they would do? And, how sad is it that you are on a board now starting shit again....man, you must really be hurting inside. Sorry.

Ty merely posted to Tar...not to you. Not talking about you. Not thinking about you. Just sad.

SnakeLH2006
09-27-2009, 03:34 AM

Tar,

Snake knows 2 things:

2. ty doesn't feel the need to start talking about who would do what. It is just message board talk. I guess this is more of your "snake likes ty" shit. More of your joking around.
3. How do you know what they would do? And, how sad is it that you are on a board now starting shit again....man, you must really be hurting inside. Sorry.

Ty merely posted to Tar...not to you. Not talking about you. Not thinking about you. Just sad.

Yeah, that's just smart....call Snake out.

Yeah, it's sad, that Tarlam just called Snake from Germany, just now on his German ass phone long distance. Yeah, I do just joke around with Rat shit (but not now), but Tarlam is my friend and I just had a long-distance call from Germany mere minutes ago. That guy is champ (AKA real good guy that cares about shit). Tarlam is one of the best posters on here EVER.

Snake never insinuated he, or I, was better than you, TY, but I did inisinuate you have no friends as a poster on RATS or in real life. That I mean. You might be a friendless ass bastard that should kill himself. Snake is only judging that off your posts (knowing ya). Snake (long distance and local) has friends. Who do you have on Rats? Name 'em. Peace, Snakey.

Sorry, that was mean. You can't name one. No one likes you on PackerRats. You have NO friends. My bad.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 03:49 AM

Tar,

Snake knows 2 things:

Yeah, that's just smart....call Snake out.

Yeah, it's sad, that Tarlam just called Snake from Germany, just now on his German ass phone long distance. Yeah, I do just joke around with Rat shit (but not now), but Tarlam is my friend and I just had a long-distance call from Germany mere minutes ago. That guy is champ (AKA real good guy that cares about shit). Tarlam is one of the best posters on here EVER.

Snake never insinuated he, or I, was better than you, TY, but I did inisinuate you have no friends as a poster on RATS or in real life. That I mean. You might be a friendless ass bastard that should kill himself. Snake is only judging that off your posts (knowing ya). Snake (long distance and local) has friends. Who do you have on Rats? Name 'em. Peace, Snakey.

Sorry, that was mean. You can't name one. No one likes you on PackerRats. You have NO friends. My bad.

Dude, i'm happy Tarlam called you. Do you think it would make me sad. Or jealous.

Insinuate: Sure. :roll:

Posts: dude, you a full fledged psycho. One minute you are saying it is all good, that you have no problems with Ty...then a minute later you are in attack mode. Please rant some more. Tell me how i'm in trouble.

Names: Dude, i'm not going to get into it with you. Suffice to say, Ty has had PMs with other posters. Once again, ty admires your confidence that you can speak for the entire community. Your lack of self awareness is mind boggling.

Ty is just sad watching you meltdown. It is truly sad. You can use ty as your punching bag. It is quite apparent that you are really sad.

SnakeLH2006
09-27-2009, 04:02 AM
Say what you want to say TY, as Snake has/does have many personal issues out of my control to deal with that most would not want to. To even make light of that shows your true character=classlessness. You are pig to even state as much. Fuck You!

I don't really want to fight with ya, and I could care less about your PM's,etc., you heartless bastard.

Name anyone that has your back as a Rat. Go ahead then, tough guy. I could care less. Doubt you have anyone, cuz you only care about yourself obviously.

Snake

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 04:09 AM
Say what you want to say TY, as Snake has/does have many personal issues to deal with that most would not want to. To make light of that shows your true character=classlessness. You are pig to even state as much. Fuck You!

I don't really want to fight with ya, and I could care less about your PM's,etc. Name anyone that has your back as a Rat. Go ahead then, tough guy. I could care less.

Snake

Dude,

I have acknowledged it repeatedly. How many times do i have to say so. Nobody is making lite of it. You have brought it up, you put it in the public arena. That makes you and your actions something that can be judged.

That being said, doesn't give you the right to be an ass.

Tough guy: This coming from the guy uttering all the threats. Ty hasn't said one thing tough to you.

It is sad watching you fall apart. You need to pull it together. Ty isn't laughing. Ty is genuinely sad for you.

SnakeLH2006
09-27-2009, 04:33 AM
Sad.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 04:40 AM
Sad.

SnakeLH2006
09-27-2009, 04:43 AM
Sad.

Yeah you are....nobody AT ALL likes you.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 04:50 AM
Sad.

Sad.

SnakeLH2006
09-27-2009, 05:06 AM
Sad.

Sad.

You botched that quote twice and wanted to make a war.....Snake gave it up 2 days ago. How much you wannna bet Snake will stand next month/you are gone? Sucks to be you, TY? All you bring to the Rat forum is know-it-all-ness, god tendencies, what Christ would have done, and BIBLE shit...Maybe not that shit as Snake is funny, but rugged ass shit.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 05:08 AM
Sad.

Sad.

You botched that quote twice and wanted to make a war.....Snake gave it up 2 days ago. How much you wannna bet Snake will stand next month/you are gone? Sucks to be you, TY? All you bring to the Rat forum is know-it-all-ness, god tendencies, what Christ would have done, and BIBLE shit...Maybe not that shit as Snake is funny, but rugged ass shit.

Sad.

SkinBasket
09-27-2009, 07:31 AM
I can't believe you people were doing this instead of sleeping.

MichiganPackerFan
09-27-2009, 08:04 AM

God. No kidding.

Gunakor
09-27-2009, 08:08 AM

Not everybody's a daywalker Skin. I, too, generally get more sleep from 10am to 6pm than I do from 10pm to 6am. Practically every discussion I've had with both Snake and Ty has occured during the graveyard shift.

Gameday is different, though.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 09:18 AM

That is your boy. You have his back. That is your boy.

Ty was working.

Freak Out
09-27-2009, 10:56 AM
See what the fuck you started with this ribs shit Tarlam?

SnakeLH2006
09-27-2009, 06:17 PM

:lol: It was fun though. I guess Ty and I didn't really accomplish anything other than not sleeping, looking back at it. Who'd have thought that ribs would be a 7 page topic, eh, Tar?

I didn't get to bed till 7am. Luckily I DVR'd the Packer game. Ty must of made a pact with Chuck Norris to avoid sleep. How could you still be posting for 12 straight hours? That's just crazy, dude. I had to cave on the marathon postoff last nite and get some sleep. Sorry, dude. :lol: