PDA

View Full Version : It Happens To Everyone: Jake Long

pbmax
09-19-2009, 12:10 PM
Barbre isn't along in getting embarrassed in Week 1.
from PFT:

Eyes fixed on Jake Long this Monday

Posted by Tom Curran on September 18, 2009 5:56 PM ET
Jake Long has had better weeks.

Last Sunday, the Dolphins left tackle was beaten like a rented drum during Miami's season opener against the Falcons, yielding two sacks defensive end John Abraham in Miami's forgettable loss. As a rookie last season, Long -- the No. 1 overall pick -- allowed just 2.5 sacks and made the Pro Bowl.

Predictably, one of the main Dolphins story lines this week is what will happen to Long when he matches up with Colts defensive end Dwight Freeney Monday night in Miami.

Abraham beat Long for two sacks by using a combination of speed and power. "It's going to be a bull rush and inside move," Abraham said of the strategy he used in getting through Long.

On one of Abraham's sacks, he steamrolled Long and flopped on top of Dolphins quarterback Chad Pennington. Freeney, though a little shorter and more stout than Abraham, has a similar bag of tricks....

Fritz
09-19-2009, 12:38 PM
This should give us some perspective - there's been some panic in Packerland this week.

Having said that, I have this awful feeling the Packers are going to lose this game. AFfter having read more about the Bengals, they seem like a pretty talented team, and if the Green Bay offensive line doesn't play well this week, it could be a game reminiscent of last year's games.

I hope to be wrong.

]{ilr]3
09-19-2009, 02:14 PM
I am not too concerned about this game.
The Bengals have only won 3 road games in the past 2 years.
I dont know how Marvin Lewis keeps his job.
They have a person on thier team who actually changed thier name to Ochocinco.
The Packers would have to completely melt down in every aspect to loose this game.

Quite frankly I think they will be to starie (starey?) eyed and awe struck coming into Lambeau field to put up much of a fight.