PDA

View Full Version : Finley Block Against Bears

mission
09-19-2009, 06:12 PM
Didn't notice this during the game and haven't seen it mentioned. Look at this decleating chip block on Ogu93 ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYFlknWD2lU

Might need more of that tomorrow...

KYPack
09-19-2009, 06:18 PM
Good catch, Mish.

That kid is learning how to block.

That was an engage, sustain and finish all in one pop!

He probably is throwing the first blocks of his career in the NFL. He'll catch on, but it will take time.

gbgary
09-19-2009, 07:32 PM
that's a good way to help barbre. should have done more of that...MM!!

crosbiegrad
09-19-2009, 08:23 PM
Is there anyone in packernation who isnt super excited for Finley this year? I admit that I wasnt too excited over what little we saw last year but his preseason was awesome and he was okay against the bears. Definetely one to watch this year

HarveyWallbangers
09-19-2009, 08:49 PM
That was great. Apparently, we don't even need to keep a TE in the backfield. Just line him on the outside shoulder of the DE.
:D

Scott Campbell
09-19-2009, 09:25 PM
Is there anyone in packernation who isnt super excited for Finley this year?

I'll be a lot more excited when we don't have to use him for max protect on every passing down.

RashanGary
09-19-2009, 09:56 PM
I'll be a lot more excited when we don't have to use him for max protect on every passing down.

It's going to get better. There has been some overreaction to that game by Barbre. The Cowboy game in 2007 was very similar. Both Clifton and Tauscher were getting torched that game and Favre went down with an injury.

When you line up against a team with good pass rushers, drop your QB back 5 steps over and over, bad things are going to happen. Think about it. 3 steps and the DL rushes up field right past the QB. 5 and 7 steps and he can rush up field right into the QB's lap.

Barbre did not play well, but MM put him in a very tough spot and the Bears were rushing the QB hard. He was going against a good player too.

It was bad, but it will not be that bad all year. Not at all. This Packer team is built around defense, ST's and for a change, this team is going to be able to run the ball. MM will not put his guys in that position again. This offense will be much better. Barbre will be much better.

And Finley is a tough kid. Good blocker, dynamic pass catcher. He's going to be a player.

packerbacker1234
09-20-2009, 12:54 AM
Am I the only one not impressed? He just threw his shoulder into the guy and he fell over, chances are the DE was way off balance.

Just saying... it wasn't really much of a block.

Still, I am excited for the kid. You know, the packers could really be pretty good. Come on OL, get your act together.

SnakeLH2006
09-20-2009, 02:00 AM
These quotes just suck. JH is saying JFin is the man, no?

SnakeLH2006
09-20-2009, 02:05 AM
JH says JFIN is the man!!!!!Easiest to say yep and quote the shit. JFin is good. Let's see more of the phenom from preseason....aka....catch some balls vs. Cinn. bro! Yep. Do it JFin.

Gunakor
09-20-2009, 11:18 AM
JH says JFIN is the man!!!!!Easiest to say yep and quote the shit. JFin is good. Let's see more of the phenom from preseason....aka....catch some balls vs. Cinn. bro! Yep. Do it JFin.

I'd love to see Barbre hold his own today so Finley can actually get out into some pass patterns and stretch the defense, keep a safety in the middle of the field so either Driver or Jennings would be on an island with whichever far inferior DB lining up across from them, etc. But if Barbre struggles again it's hard to send 5 out in pass patterns.