PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Picks and Suicide Team! 2009 NFL Picks: Week 3

SnakeLH2006
09-20-2009, 01:26 AM
Ok, so here goes...Lots of cash rides on this.....Just make your picks...NO BS. Just pick 'em.

Snake is in a two NFL pools for 2009. A suicide pool and weekly pick pool. I know many of us Rats are in the same. I'm offering my NFL picks weekly and my suicide pick.

Suicide pools work as such:

Pick a team to win every week starting week 1. If they win, you move on. If they lose, you are out. If they win, you can NEVER pick them again for the season. You have to be smart with it.

For ex. Snake picked Seattle to beat the Rams in week 1. The Rams suck, and Seattle whooped them 28-0. I can no longer pick Seattle. Snake likes to pick weak teams early (as some say to just pick strong teams every week like Minn., GB, Pitt, NE), as I don't consider Seattle a power, but the Rams suck. I'm of the logic to pick mid-range teams early like Seattle and Washington to allow you to pick the top-notchers later, for "sure" wins. Whatever though. Advise the Snake. Some say don't do that...just pick the "for sure WIN" team...and hope for the best later. Whatever floats your boat. I'll let you know when I bow out. I'll bet against the Rams weekly.

I picked Washington for week 2 Suicide...

I'll edit this post/title weekly so as to not post up new topics weekly (only this one).

I'm sure many Rats got a say as to who's gonna win in their own pools, as here's Snake's Take and we can all help each other out, hopefully. I'll edit/change the title to Week 3, etc. after these games from week 2, etc.

Feel free to post your winners weekly/suicide team and argue as such as this will go on for all 17 weeks in the 2009 NFL season. We can only help each other out as I'm listing it late nite Sat. as I just posted mine today in my pools. Post early and often, as we as Rats can only help each other out with our picks and advice.

I'm gonna post up the teams and Suicide Team EVERY week/weekly so it's easy to copy and paste/ and post up for everyone. Critique, advise, post your own as this will be ongoing and updated weekly all season!

Have fun!...Here goes with Snake's Week 2 Picks and Suicide Team:

2009 Week 2 NFL Picks Schedule

Carolina Panthers at Atlanta Falcons - FALCONS

Minnesota Vikings at Detroit Lions - VIKINGS

Cincinnati Bengals at Green Bay Packers - PACKERS

Houston Texans at Tennessee Titans - TITANS

Oakland Raiders at Kansas City Chiefs - RAIDERS

New England Patriots at New York Jets - NE

New Orleans Saints at Philadelphia Eagles - NO

St. Louis Rams at Washington Redskins - Redskins

Arizona Cardinals at Jacksonville Jaguars - Cards

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Buffalo Bills - Bills

Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers - 49ers

Pittsburgh Steelers at Chicago Bears - Pitt

Baltimore Ravens at San Diego Chargers - SD

Cleveland Browns at Denver Broncos - Denver

New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys - NY

Indianapolis Colts at Miami Dolphins - Indy

Suicide Team: Redskins over the lowly Rams

mmmdk
09-20-2009, 05:37 AM
2009 Week 2 NFL Picks Schedule

Carolina Panthers at Atlanta Falcons - FALCONS

Minnesota Vikings at Detroit Lions - VIKINGS

Cincinnati Bengals at Green Bay Packers - PACKERS

Houston Texans at Tennessee Titans - TITANS

Oakland Raiders at Kansas City Chiefs - RAIDERS

New England Patriots at New York Jets - NY JETS

New Orleans Saints at Philadelphia Eagles - EAGLES

St. Louis Rams at Washington Redskins - REDSKINS

Arizona Cardinals at Jacksonville Jaguars - JAX

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Buffalo Bills - BILLS

Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers - 49ers

Pittsburgh Steelers at Chicago Bears - STEELERS

Baltimore Ravens at San Diego Chargers - RAVENS

Cleveland Browns at Denver Broncos - BROWNS

New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys - COWBOYS

Indianapolis Colts at Miami Dolphins - COLTS

australianpackerbacker
09-20-2009, 05:50 AM
ATL
MINN
GB
TENN
OAK
NYJ
NO
WAS
JAX
BUF
SEA
PITT
BAL
DEN
DAL
MIA

SnakeLH2006
09-23-2009, 01:03 AM
So I started this topic late Sat. last week before the week 2 games, and will try to stay up on this early in the week like tonight for week 3. I'll edit the title (as I did for week 3) and post up early in the week (Tuesday or so) so we can get our picks in and help each other out.

Snake did all right in week 2 as there were a few upsets, and I really sweated out that Redskin and Oakland win. Who didn't? LOL.

Some notes:

-Is NE no longer a dominant team?
-Is Minn under Brett that good, or have they not played anyone yet?
-Why can't Oakland get a QB? They have it all, but that? No? JaMarcus Russell is really bad. What was he 3-17 for 40 yards and they won? Damn. May as well cut JaMarcus and his fat contract and play the punter at QB for those stats. At least big Al would save some cash....Damn...

To note, I'm one of 4 left out of 12 in my suicide pool as many picked GB over Cinn. in week 2. So Snake is sitting pretty now.

Looking at week 3, I'm looking at early good suicide bets. I narrowed it down to two....

Packers over the Rams.
Ravens over the Browns.

I'm thinking Ravens over Browns is a gimmee as both look good, and kinda want to save GB for a later creampuff like Detroit.

Who would you guys pick on a suicide (must win) for Week 3?

Here's an early look at week 3. Post your picks as it helps us all, but it looks tough in week 3...Lots of close games. Post your picks and suicide as this debate can only help us with our picks.

I won't post mine till Saturday or so. I like to wait it out, but here's a list of the games in Week 3, so you can post 'em up how you see 'em and copy/paste the games with the WINNER you project:

Atlanta Falcons @ New England Patriots

Cleveland Browns @ Baltimore Ravens

Green Bay Packers @ St. Louis Rams

Jacksonville Jaguars @ Houston Texans

Kansas City Chiefs @ Philadelphia Eagles

New York Giants @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Cincinnati Bengals

San Francisco 49ers @ Minnesota Vikings

Washington Redskins @ Detroit Lions

Chicago Bears @ Seattle Seahawks

New Orleans Saints @ Buffalo Bills

Denver Broncos @ Oakland Raiders

Miami Dolphins @ San Diego Chargers

Tennessee Titans @ New York Jets

Indianapolis Colts @ Arizona Cardinals

Carolina Panthers @ Dallas Cowboys

Sparkey
09-23-2009, 10:07 PM
In a elimination pool I am in, I used Baltimore and Minny already. Started with 25 and it is down to nine.

Right now I am looking at Eagles, Titans or Cowboys as my pick. Shitty thing is I have to get my pick in by Thursday......

Leaning towards Cowboys... They can't lose their first two at new Texas Stadium.. Can they ?

mmmdk
09-23-2009, 10:27 PM
Atlanta Falcons @ New England Patriots PATRIOTS

Cleveland Browns @ Baltimore Ravens RAVENS

Green Bay Packers @ St. Louis Rams PACKERS :roll:

Jacksonville Jaguars @ Houston Texans TEXANS

Kansas City Chiefs @ Philadelphia Eagles EAGLES

New York Giants @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers GIANTS

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Cincinnati Bengals STEELERS

San Francisco 49ers @ Minnesota Vikings VIKINGS

Washington Redskins @ Detroit Lions LIONS :P

Chicago Bears @ Seattle Seahawks BEARS

New Orleans Saints @ Buffalo Bills BILLS :shock:

Denver Broncos @ Oakland Raiders RAIDERS

Miami Dolphins @ San Diego Chargers CHARGERS

Tennessee Titans @ New York Jets TITANS

Indianapolis Colts @ Arizona Cardinals COLTS

Carolina Panthers @ Dallas Cowboys COWBOYS

LEWCWA
09-24-2009, 01:44 AM
picking games without the spread is lame.

mmmdk
09-24-2009, 09:37 AM

Sorry, reply edited away.

Carry on! :oops:

BZnDallas
09-24-2009, 09:59 AM
In a elimination pool I am in, I used Baltimore and Minny already. Started with 25 and it is down to nine.

Right now I am looking at Eagles, Titans or Cowboys as my pick. Shitty thing is I have to get my pick in by Thursday......

Leaning towards Cowboys... They can't lose their first two at new Texas Stadium.. Can they ?

One could only hope!!! 8-)

SnakeLH2006
09-25-2009, 12:43 AM

One could only hope!!! 8-)

LOL, Snake just hates the Cowboys. They are the Yankees of football. But no matter what, I don't know if I'd pick them over the Panthers as a "sure win". Since you already picked the Ravens previously, Sparkey, I'd say pick the Pack over the Rams. No way we go 1-2 vs. the Rams (who I consider to be the Lions of 2009). Personally, Snake still has the Baltimore option to go with in my pool, so that's prob. gonna be my pick, but the Pack should paste the Rams...of course we should have pasted the Bengals too, no? :shock: :oops:

Either way, I didn't drop my official picks yet in my weekly pool (and BTW LEWCWA...weekly pools don't consider the spread, just winners, that's how it goes)...But here's Snake's early look at week 3:

Atlanta Falcons @ New England Patriots (NE returns to form at home)

Cleveland Browns @ Baltimore Ravens Ravens (Ravens in a pasting)

Green Bay Packers @ St. Louis Rams (Pack big time)

Jacksonville Jaguars @ Houston Texans (Texans are better than you think)

Kansas City Chiefs @ Philadelphia Eagles (Eagles barely)

New York Giants @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Giants are good)

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Cincinnati Bengals (Pitt)

San Francisco 49ers @ Minnesota Vikings (Vikes)

Washington Redskins @ Detroit Lions (Skins barely)

Chicago Bears @ Seattle Seahawks (Hawks)

New Orleans Saints @ Buffalo Bills (Saints)

Denver Broncos @ Oakland Raiders (Da Raiders)

Miami Dolphins @ San Diego Chargers (Chargers gotta win)

Tennessee Titans @ New York Jets (Jets are good)

Indianapolis Colts @ Arizona Cardinals (Cards are pretty good)

Carolina Panthers @ Dallas Cowboys (Cowgirls)

Guiness
09-25-2009, 02:03 AM

You'd think...but then all you have to do is look at various suicide pools, and see the players drop like flies!

I'm thinking NYG looks a good pick this week.

SnakeLH2006
09-25-2009, 02:17 AM

You'd think...but then all you have to do is look at various suicide pools, and see the players drop like flies!

I'm thinking NYG looks a good pick this week.

I already said as much to LWECWA (many bowed out picking GB over Cinn in my suicide pool), but this is just pick' em (no spread). That's how pick'em pools go (no spread).

The Giants look very tough, Guinness. But I dunno if I'd pick them in a suicide/elimination pool if I didn't have to especially AT the Bucs.

The Ravens over the lowly ass Browns, and the Pack over the lowly ass Rams (Snake is 2-0 on his suicide betting against the Rams so far, so it seems a good pick) look better. The Giants are tough, but I dunno if I'd go so far as to pick them "for sure" to win (the Giants that is)....although they do look the class of the NFC along with the Vikes (maybe) so far after 2 weeks, Guinness. Just saying.....Some were saying the Bucs would win 9 this year. IMO that's not a safe bet. They (the Giants) "should" win. I don't see how the Browns or Rams do. Those IMO are the safer bets for a "sure" win.

SnakeLH2006
09-26-2009, 10:31 PM
OK. Revised, here's my list of picks to WIN this week. Pretty confident in this one (looked at spreads, injuries, and gut-instincts as many of these games are gonna be close either way in week 3):

Atlanta Falcons @ New England Patriots PATRIOTS

Cleveland Browns @ Baltimore Ravens RAVENS

Green Bay Packers @ St. Louis Rams PACKERS

Jacksonville Jaguars @ Houston Texans TEXANS

Kansas City Chiefs @ Philadelphia Eagles EAGLES

New York Giants @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers GIANTS

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Cincinnati Bengals STEELERS

San Francisco 49ers @ Minnesota Vikings VIKINGS

Washington Redskins @ Detroit Lions SKINS (changed this one...LIONS need to win a game again till I feel confident EVER picking them to win)

Chicago Bears @ Seattle Seahawks BEARS

New Orleans Saints @ Buffalo Bills SAINTS(changed this one....Bills are tough, but NO is beastin' lately)

Denver Broncos @ Oakland Raiders RAIDERS

Miami Dolphins @ San Diego Chargers CHARGERS

Tennessee Titans @ New York Jets (changed to JETS...tough as hell lately)

Indianapolis Colts @ Arizona Cardinals (changed to CARDS...at home...gonna be close)

Carolina Panthers @ Dallas Cowboys COWBOYS

Went with the RAVENS as an elimination/suicide pick. No doubter there AT ALL.

GrnBay007
09-26-2009, 11:13 PM
Snake, did you join our PR pick em and suicide pools?

GrnBay007
09-26-2009, 11:15 PM
I have 3 picks in a $ suicide pool. This week I took Baltimore, Packers and Philly. Kinda wishing I wouldn't have taken the Philly pick now.

SnakeLH2006
09-26-2009, 11:25 PM
Snake, did you join our PR pick em and suicide pools?

What's up babe? No I didn't. Wasn't aware. Is it too late?

Snake is just posting up personal weekly picks/suicide picks (and updated week to week) to help others/myself in all our own pools. Please advise, but it's prob. too late, eh? :cry:

GrnBay007
09-26-2009, 11:33 PM
Too late to join the suicide pool but maybe not the pick em. You would just have to play catch up. lol

I'm taking a few upsets this week. Good luck to me! :P

SnakeLH2006
09-26-2009, 11:54 PM
Too late to join the suicide pool but maybe not the pick em. You would just have to play catch up. lol

I'm taking a few upsets this week. Good luck to me! :P

Snake is not gonna play catch up unless it's week to week (is it?).

My remaining suicide partners really don't know football very well. Went with the Ravens this week. I'll win it in a week or two. Lot's of cash for Snakey.

No way I lose this one...my oppenents are the worst at NFL knowledge as most of the good peeps in my pool that know football bowed out last week picking GB. I already charted out the next 4 weeks of suicide picks. Easy win for Snake.

Cheesehead Craig
09-27-2009, 01:43 PM
Don't be too sure Snake, those are the kind of people that win those NCAA pools.