PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL Game Day Thread: Bengals @ Packers

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

GBRulz
09-20-2009, 09:05 AM
Good Morning Rats.... it's another beautiful day for Packer football ! Sunny day and a high of 75 degrees today, little wind. Sorry, meant to get this thread started earlier this morning, but bloody mary's took priority..LOL.

Off to go tailgate now with some friends..... GO PACK GO !!!!

:pack: :pack: :pack: :pack: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow:

Bretsky
09-20-2009, 09:07 AM
I'm in ILL getting ready to roadtrip back

The rats will be happy to know I talked some serious smack to Bear Fans last night

KYPack
09-20-2009, 09:09 AM
Everybody is getting ready to go in their own, wierd little ways.

I think we get 'em today

Go Pack!

Fritz
09-20-2009, 10:12 AM
Me, I'm stuck grading essays and trying to figure out if CBS is showing Chicago-Pittsburgh or Green Bay-Cinci.

CaptainKickass
09-20-2009, 10:14 AM
Obligatory game day post.

(Sorry - I am hung ovehhhh)

Scott Campbell
09-20-2009, 10:20 AM
I'm looking forward to our offense showing that last weeks output was the exception to the rule. Rack up some yards and score some damned points!!!

Tony Oday
09-20-2009, 10:33 AM
I am stuck at work...one freaking Sunday a year and work a whopping 4 hours...ugh

SO GO PACK! I think we see 150 and 2 TDs by Grant today! ;)

Fritz
09-20-2009, 10:36 AM
I just found the game day inactives - Raji's inactive again. This is a bit of a surprise - I thought he was good to go. But I suppose they're being careful so he doesn't get beat up next week on the turf in St. Lou.

How many minutes until someone posts "Raji = Harrell"?

Scott Campbell
09-20-2009, 10:38 AM
I just found the game day inactives - Raji's inactive again. This is a bit of a surprise - I thought he was good to go. But I suppose they're being careful so he doesn't get beat up next week on the turf in St. Lou.

SUNOVABICH!!!!

I wanted to watch him play today.

KYPack
09-20-2009, 10:38 AM
Raji = Harrell

retailguy
09-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Raji = Harrell

The over-under was 2. I'M RICH! :twisted:

Fritz
09-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Ding Ding Ding Ding!!!!

Thanks for helping us get that out of the way, KY.

Glad someone's on board with the game day thread too. Good to have ya, you old coot.

Me, I'm a middle-aged coot. If I'm lucky, I'll get to where you are someday.

retailguy
09-20-2009, 10:41 AM

SUNOVABICH!!!!

I wanted to watch him play today.

Stop talking about tank like that! You could always pull out the video where he covered Darren Charles like a blanket...

BallHawk
09-20-2009, 10:52 AM
Me, I'm stuck grading essays and trying to figure out if CBS is showing Chicago-Pittsburgh or Green Bay-Cinci.

http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/index.html

SkinBasket
09-20-2009, 10:57 AM
I'm hungry. Time for a real Wisconsin game day meal!

http://www.frozenlunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/steak.gif

Willard
09-20-2009, 10:59 AM
http://www.packers.com/gameday/2009/09-20/

PACKERS INACTIVES:
20 S Atari Bigby
32 RB Brandon Jackson
33 CB Brandon Underwood
45 FB Quinn Johnson
59 LB Brad Jones
62 G/C Evan Dietrich-Smith
68 T Breno Giacomini
90 NT B.J. Raji

BENGALS INACTIVES:
5 QB Jordan Palmer (Third QB)
20 CB David Jones
43 S Tom Nelson
62 G Nate Livings
71 T Andre Smith
80 TE Chase Coffman
89 WR Jerome Simpson
92 DE Frostee Rucker

BENGALS STARTING LINEUP CHANGES:
On offense, Evan Mathis (#66) starts at LG for Nate Livings (#62).

Fritz
09-20-2009, 11:01 AM

http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/index.html

Thanks, Ballhawk, but I did find that site. My problem is that Detroit - or whomever it is that makes these decisions - sometimes doesn't show the doubleheader.
So I might get paid programming about the new Ronco slicer-dicer for three frickin' hours, then get the Chicago-Pittsburgh game.

It blows. Big time. I'm waiting for the day when you get a menu from your cable company with every possible channel and such, and you order ala carte. My dream is to have about fifteen channels total, one of which would guarantee I'd see every single Packer game.

Gunakor
09-20-2009, 11:02 AM
I'm hungry. Time for a real Wisconsin game day meal!

http://www.frozenlunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/steak.gif

The only REAL Wisconsin game day meal:

http://nohatnocattle.com/jibbajabba/bratwurst-2.jpg

Good for TWO meals on gameday :D

Tony Oday
09-20-2009, 11:03 AM
I'd Rather Raji get healthy than force him against a team that can't run...we NEED him against AP.

Gunakor
09-20-2009, 11:04 AM
I'd Rather Raji get healthy than force him against a team that can't run...we NEED him against AP.

He's pretty good at collapsing the pocket as well. When he's on a bull rush he's a monster.

boiga
09-20-2009, 11:10 AM
Go PACK!

I'm off to the bar because it's not shown locally here in Tucson. The game starts at 10:00 am here too, so I have to hope they'll be serving breakfast.

Enjoy the game gents and ladies.

KYPack
09-20-2009, 11:16 AM
Secet agent KY here in the Cincy area.

The local coverage of the Packer Bengals game is a homage to Lambeau field and the Packer mystique. The announcers are bemoaning the fact that it's been 14 years since the Bengals have played in lambeau.

A real humerous moment happened when the announcers stated that the Bengals two road victories over the Bengals both happened in Milw. A caller asked, "Did the Packers used to be located in Milwaukee"? The announcer stumbled thru the reply.

It's way cool to hear how much out of towners respect the Pack and Lambeau/GB.

VegasPackFan
09-20-2009, 11:26 AM
ESPN just said JENNINGS OUT!!!

SkinBasket
09-20-2009, 11:27 AM

Good, now all those Ruvell fans can rub it our faces.

VegasPackFan
09-20-2009, 11:30 AM
Now they're waffling - has anyone heard about Jennings not playing?!

Gunakor

He's not listed on the inactives list on their website, and all reports I've read have him playing today. Are you certain you heard that correctly?

Partial
The inactives according to JSO are:

S Atari Bigby, RB Brandon Jackson, CB Brandon Underwood, FB Quinn Johnson, LB Brad Jones, G Evan-Dietrich Smith, RT Breno Giacomini, NT B.J. Raji

No Maha-raji

Fritz
09-20-2009, 11:31 AM
No, but check this - on the nfl site it said that Clifton was listed on the injury report - as a "non-injury related" issue. What? Does he have the flu or something?

What the hell is going on?

BallHawk
09-20-2009, 11:32 AM

He's not listed on the inactives list on their website, and all reports I've read have him playing today. Are you certain you heard that correctly?

I've been watching ESPN and I haven't head a thing about Jennings. JSO doesn't have anything, either.

Scott Campbell
09-20-2009, 11:33 AM

I can't find confirmation of this yet.

green_bowl_packer
Bengals-Packers: pre-game report-Raji inactive
By Greg A. Bedard of the Journal Sentinel
Sept. 20, 2009 10:54 a.m.

Green Bay - Greeting from Lambeau Field.

Weather is very nice, a little cloudy, but should be a great day for football.

Here are the inactives and roster changes for each team:

Packers inactives: S Atari Bigby, RB Brandon Jackson, CB Brandon Underwood, FB Quinn Johnson, LB Brad Jones, G Evan-Dietrich Smith, RT Breno Giacomini, NT B.J. Raji.

Packers lineup changes: None.

Bengals inactives: QB Jordan Palmer (3rd QB), CB David Jones, S Tom Nelson, G Nate Livings, T Andre Smith, TE Chase Coffman, WR Jerome Simpson, DE Frostee Rucker.

Bengals lineup changes: Evan Mathis will start for Livings at LG.

ANALYSIS

The big surprise is Raji, but perhaps it shouldn't. Raji was limping badly on his right ankle after each practice this week. The more curious decision, if Raji's inactive status is indeed tied to his health, is why the Packers practiced him fully this week. It probably would have made more sense to rest him and get him completely recovered.

With the injury to Bigby, the Packers could have just wanted more numbers in the secondary as Derrick Martin is active. It's also clear that Jamon Meredith is the backup at left tackle should something happen to Chad Clifton and Daryn Colledge, who is active with his foot sprain.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/59936812.html

Partial
The great Jennings went on a bender in Vegas scandal continues

BallHawk
No, but check this - on the nfl site it said that Clifton was listed on the injury report - as a "non-injury related" issue. What? Does he have the flu or something?

What the hell is going on?

That or maybe a family issue.

VegasPackFan
09-20-2009, 11:34 AM

I've been watching ESPN and I haven't head a thing about Jennings. JSO doesn't have anything, either.

They just talked about it on Fantasy Surround on the internet. Noton the TV broadcast. First they said out, then they said not sure and waiting for update.

falco
09-20-2009, 11:34 AM
Also, Bedard says that Meredith is backing up Clifton at LT in case Colledge gets hurt.

I thought Meredith was on the PS? Did we activate him?

Fritz
09-20-2009, 11:37 AM
I saw that too. What the hell is all this game day craziness?

Hello, JSO. Instead of carping on "if Raji's not playing why did they practice him," how about some updates on Meredith and Jennings and Clifton.

falco
09-20-2009, 11:38 AM
Packers.com showing Meredith still on the PS.

falco
09-20-2009, 11:39 AM
Jennings is active, so I'm assuming he is playing.

Why would he be out anyway?

Gunakor
09-20-2009, 11:40 AM

He was listed as probable on the injury report with a minor wrist issue, but nothing that should keep him from playing today.

Partial
09-20-2009, 11:42 AM
I think they're implying they will activate Meredith if necessary.

Fritz
09-20-2009, 11:43 AM
Isn't it too late to do that today? All the inactives have been listed, and if you're going to move someone up, someone else has got to go.

Rastak
09-20-2009, 11:45 AM

He's injured.

Scott Campbell
09-20-2009, 11:45 AM
I've got a little over 15 minutes to make a Go/No Go decision on Jennings today. Right now I'm playing him. If anyone hears any more on his status, please post it.

green_bowl_packer
09-20-2009, 11:51 AM

Explosive pre-game diarrhea?

Scott Campbell
09-20-2009, 11:54 AM

They just talked about it on Fantasy Surround on the internet. Noton the TV broadcast. First they said out, then they said not sure and waiting for update.

......yer killing me dude.

Gunakor
09-20-2009, 11:56 AM

......yer killing me dude.

The CBS guys calling the game haven't said anything about Jennings being out. You'd think that'd be a hot topic of conversation leading up to kickoff if he was, so I think you're safe to play him.

green_bowl_packer
09-20-2009, 11:56 AM
WTMJ just did injury report no mention of Jennings.

Scott Campbell
09-20-2009, 11:59 AM
Thanks fellas. I'm playing him.

MOBB DEEP
09-20-2009, 12:01 PM
LETS GOOOO....

imscott72
09-20-2009, 12:04 PM
Here we go Pack..Here's to a solid game by Barbre..

gbgary
09-20-2009, 12:05 PM
ed hockaloogie getting a little old looking.

MOBB DEEP
09-20-2009, 12:05 PM
de

Lurker64
09-20-2009, 12:07 PM
Can nobody catch a pass today?

imscott72
Catch the ball!!!

Partial
They look really sloppy so far. Two bad passes, one bad drop by Jennings. Bengals have had pretty good pressure so far. ARod is happy feeting right now.

Why are they playing Maualuga on the outside? I don't like that move.

Gunakor
09-20-2009, 12:08 PM
2 drops on the first drive. Not very inspiring.

gbgary
wanted to run before he had it. he'll make up for that in a big way.

Partial
Spitzer Have-ner :lol:

imscott72
09-20-2009, 12:11 PM
AP just coughed up the ball. Lions ball in Vikes territory..

Partial
09-20-2009, 12:12 PM
Kampman was all over that TE on 1st down completion for first down.

Chillar and Barnett are the ILBs to start the game. Hawk in on the second down.

Gunakor
09-20-2009, 12:12 PM
They look really sloppy so far. Two bad passes, one bad drop by Jennings. Bengals have had pretty good pressure so far. ARod is happy feeting right now.

I think the protection was pretty good in that first drive. There wasn't any really tough pressure in that drive, and Rodgers seemed to be able to comfortably step up to avoid the edge rushers. I saw one poor pass, 2 drops, and one PI in 4 pass attempts. Not sure what you mean by happy feet.

Partial
09-20-2009, 12:13 PM
6 OL for Cinnci? Ced Benson is making us look really bad.

Gunakor
Where's the defense that held Forte to 55 yards last weekend? Benson seems to be having his way with our front 7 this afternoon...

Packers4Glory
This game scares me a bit.

If Palmer knocks off some rust and they continue to run the ball effectively it could be another nail biter.

Fritz
09-20-2009, 12:14 PM
Frickin' CBS. Frickin' Detroit. They're not showing the Packers...they're not going to do the doubleheader. Instead, I get to see a preview of CBS fall shows. What total crap.

And channelsurfing.net is overloaded and I can't get on. This blows so, so bad.

Partial

I think the protection was pretty good in that first drive. There wasn't any really tough pressure in that drive, and Rodgers seemed to be able to comfortably step up to avoid the edge rushers. I saw one poor pass, 2 drops, and one PI in 4 pass attempts. Not sure what you mean by happy feet.

How did you not see happy feet on the pass to JFin as well as the horrible pass to Jennings on 3rd down where he was scrambling like a girl?

CB looks strong and fast.

imscott72
Wow we're getting gashed by Cedric..

Fritz

How did you not see happy feet on the pass to JFin as well as the horrible pass to Jennings on 3rd down where he was scrambling like a girl?

Okay, Partial, the n ext time you pretend you're not anti-Rodgers and you're all impartial, I'm calling you out.

denverYooper
09-20-2009, 12:15 PM
Wow. We're getting abused early.

gbgary
ok!!! time to play a little D!! DAMMIT!!

imscott72
UGHHHH...Palmer looks real good..

Partial
09-20-2009, 12:16 PM

Okay, Partial, the n ext time you pretend you're not anti-Rodgers and you're all impartial, I'm calling you out.

Dude I'm being fair. He looked skittish in that drive. Where is the pre-season sit in the pocket and make big passes?

TD by the Bengals, plus a 15 yard pentalty on Al for the kick-off. Great...

Wood burned on the TD. No pressure on Palmer.

Packers4Glory
how many times a season does Harris get that penalty?

ugly start. couple drops and then we get the ball ran down our throat.

denverYooper
FAWK.

Gunakor
09-20-2009, 12:17 PM

He ran away from the rush. What is he supposed to do, sit there and take the hit? He ran to an open area of field where there was no rush, which is what you're taught to do. Like you said in another thread, he's not built like Ben Rothlisberger to take a great deal of punishment. His greatest asset is his mobility, so if you're looking for a guy who's gonna stand there and take a hit you are going to be disappointed. Standing in the pocket like a flippin statue will get him killed.

Jimx29
09-20-2009, 12:18 PM
Arod looks about as accurate as last week. Granted one was a clear drop, but still far to many over and under throws.

Partial
09-20-2009, 12:19 PM

He ran away from the rush. What is he supposed to do, sit there and take the hit? He ran to an open area of field where there was no rush, which is what you're taught to do. Like you said in another thread, he's not built like Ben Rothlisberger to take a great deal of punishment. His greatest asset is his mobility, so if you're looking for a guy who's gonna stand there and take a hit you are going to be disappointed. Standing in the pocket like a flippin statue will get him killed.

I went and rewatched it the third down one wasn't horrible, but it still was pretty bad. After he broke away from the pass rush, he should have planted his feet and threw a nice pass.

The second down one he is like sprinting at a million miles an hour. Just take it easy big feller.

MOBB DEEP
09-20-2009, 12:19 PM
RUN THAT BALL!

imscott72
09-20-2009, 12:21 PM
Nice blocking Barbre!

Packers4Glory
09-20-2009, 12:22 PM
drops or misfires. passing game just isn't clickn. keep running the ball

Partial
The Eagles are stacked on offense.

I feel like Grant has a full head of steam and looks really fast, but he always seems to get hit instead of breaking a big one (despite always looking like he's going to). So close.

imscott72
A Spencer sighting!!

Partial
The happy million-miles an hour drops have stopped, but the accuracy still is not there. WTF?

Partial
09-20-2009, 12:23 PM
21 yards to Havner! Finally! Atta boy A-Rod!

Why is Havner in in a 5 wide? You think they pulled JFin?

Packers4Glory
09-20-2009, 12:24 PM
Favre like play by arod.

imscott72
Nice throw Arod! Tack on the penalty!

Partial
ARod looks a lot better right now. He seems to have calmed down. I really don't like when he is moving a mile a minute. I don't think many do.

Beautiful play by Rodgers right there. Great catch by Jones. Rodgers took a big hit and drew a personal foul.

gbgary
09-20-2009, 12:25 PM
same thing urlacher did last week.

Partial
09-20-2009, 12:26 PM
Nice throw Arod! Tack on the penalty!

I feel like you're ahead of me. I wonder why that is.

gbgary
got to get a td here!!

Packers4Glory
I see the penalties are going to continue to be a frustration this yr. we had to be near the bottom last yr.

Gunakor
Is it just me or does there seem to be an inordinate amount of illegal formation penalties being called in the NFL this year?

imscott72
09-20-2009, 12:27 PM
DRIVER!!!!!! WOOT

Packers4Glory
how the fock did he fit that in there? wow. nice

gbgary
DD FOR THE TD!!

MOBB DEEP
DD Within redzone best in nfl

Partial
TD to driver. Beautiful blocking by the OL and a nice pass. Get in dem stands boy!

gbgary
09-20-2009, 12:28 PM
the best part is the D got some rest and time to make some changes.

Partial
Well, Finley was in on the TD so I doubt he was pulled for Havner after the drops.

Gunakor
the best part is the D got some rest and time to make some changes.

Agreed. That was a fantastic drive.

Packers4Glory
09-20-2009, 12:30 PM
now lets get the defense back on track

denverYooper
WHOOOOO!

imscott72
I'm not sure if they can sustain it, but the Lions are looking good! They're pitching a shutout after the 1st quarter and driving..

Packers4Glory
atta boySpence....making an impact early

Fritz
09-20-2009, 12:31 PM
Cripes. No CBS, no Justin TV, no channelsurfing.net. I'm screwed.

Sigh.

Thank goodness the Pack tied it up. Now where is the D?

Packers4Glory
09-20-2009, 12:31 PM
I'm not sure if they can sustain it, but the Lions are looking good! They're pitching a shutout after the 1st quarter and driving..

i was watching during commercials. doing it running mostly.

Packers4Glory
09-20-2009, 12:32 PM
theres the Defense I love!

gbgary
09-20-2009, 12:33 PM
way to go woody!!

imscott72
09-20-2009, 12:33 PM
Woodson!!!

Partial
09-20-2009, 12:34 PM
Woodson and Collins almost had that. Ball on the 5 after a firsst down pass for 7.

Gunakor
Well that didn't take long :D

imscott72
Grant TOUCHDOWN

Packers4Glory
Grant td..walks in

MOBB DEEP
09-20-2009, 12:35 PM
Excellent play calln in that short drive

gbgary
way to go PACK!! GOTTA TAKE ADVANTAGE LIKE THAT!!

Partial
Grant for 7. Get in dem stands boy!

As far as I can tell he didn't jump. What gives with that?

Rastak
Greenway with a nice pick in the Vikes game......sounds like the Pack is getting it done.

Partial
09-20-2009, 12:37 PM
Wish I had the Vikes/Lions on the other channel :(

AP is gonna have a billion yards today. One billion.

Partial
You guys like the play by play or no? I can stop, but I try to provide a visual for those who don't see the game.

Fosco33
Turnover and a TD... that's what we needed last week.

Gotta love CWood.

Didn't like seeing Arod take another big shot - glad the zebras called it this game.

TheCheese
Here ya go Fritz, http://www.justin.tv/bengalswhodey

Packers4Glory
09-20-2009, 12:38 PM
Grant for 7. Get in dem stands boy!

As far as I can tell he didn't jump. What gives with that?

its become a fad around the lg. no longer a unique thing in Green bay. Driver didnt either. Last week Grant jumped if i remember right and they wouldn't let him down.

imscott72
Lions stuffed AP on 3rd and short..

Partial
Mason sends the kick 9 yards deep on the kickoff. Nice!

Gunakor

He has 16 yards on 7 carries thus far. Something tells me he might fall short of a billion.

retailguy
How is the OL doing? Just got back from church and turned the game on

Fosco33
More love for Chillar

Rastak
09-20-2009, 12:39 PM

Not doing a ton so far, but the Vikings always seem to satrt slow and wear teams out.

Partial

He has 16 yards on 7 carries thus far. Something tells me he might fall short of a billion.

Just wait. He's a second half player imo.

Fosco33
Needed the ump or that was another 5 yards.

Gunakor

Better than last week, but not great.

Fosco33
Hawk missed a clear opp for tackle/loss on that last play.

Partial
09-20-2009, 12:40 PM

Bengals are getting some pressure early, but the OL has settled down and we had a nice drive.

The D is giving Benson a ton of yards. He looks a lot better than he should.

Partial
Needed the ump or that was another 5 yards.

:D

Feel bad for the guy. He just got sandwiched there!

Fosco33

Better than last week, but not great.

Decent protection - there's at least a bubble. Seems like we're keeping 2 TEs more and someone there to step up and keep the D on their toes. Some decent run blocking except the 1st series. Haven't noticed Colledge being slowed down yet.

Gunakor
09-20-2009, 12:41 PM

Bengals are getting some pressure early, but the OL has settled down and we had a nice drive.

Benson has gained more yards on the ground in the first quarter than Forte had gained all game last weekend. This is very worrisome.

retailguy
09-20-2009, 12:41 PM

Guess having real game film of the Bears game is helping the Bengals find holes in the D?

59 yards in the 1st Q... Not good.

Partial
09-20-2009, 12:42 PM
Benson looks like a top 10 pick for the first time in his career :lol: He looks pretty damn quick and agile. He's hoping around like a rabbit!

Packers4Glory
09-20-2009, 12:44 PM
Benson ran the ball well for the Bengals last yr after he was signed.

Partial
Every time they say Ochocinco I die a little inside.

retailguy
Benson looks like a top 10 pick for the first time in his career :lol: He looks pretty damn quick and agile. He's hoping around like a rabbit!

That doesn't say much about our defense, does it?

I have now watched 4 plays. Not great, but not bad either.

retailguy
09-20-2009, 12:45 PM
nice play. What's with the hair?

Lurker64
Lions stuffed AP on 3rd and short..

For all his many other virtues as a runner, Peterson isn't a great 3rd and short running back. He's such a big target, that he really has to overpower multiple people in an obvious short yardage running situation. That being said, when Peterson does succeed on 3rd and 1, he generally gets a lot more than 1.

Last year, IIRC, they used Taylor more than Peterson in those situations last year.

Partial
Broken up by Goldielocks... I mean Matthews. Kampman in on the play too. Atta boy.

Chris Henry catchs ball about 3 yards inside, Collins drills him over the sideline. Incomplete!

Packgator
09-20-2009, 12:46 PM

Thanks Cheese!

imscott72
09-20-2009, 12:46 PM
Punt bitches!!

Gunakor
09-20-2009, 12:47 PM
Great tackle by Woodson there. Nice to see him make a play there rather than get bowled over by the RB.

denverYooper

Sigh.

Do you not have them, or can you not find the channels on JTv?

Partial
Chuck with a nice open field tackle on 3rd and long. Punt!

Fritz
09-20-2009, 12:48 PM

You are my hero. Thank you, thank you, thank you, TheCheese.

Lurker64
Chuck with a nice open field tackle on 3rd and long. Punt!

That was a very nice tackle, some veteran savvy displayed by Chuck there as he eluded multiple blockers.

SkinBasket
Dez Bishop! PLAYMAKER!!

Too bad it's for the other team.

Packers4Glory
ugh i hate penalties. come on don't hold on kicks. you're gonna get caught.

How bout a 90 yard bomb to Jennings

retailguy

Sigh.

There is a secret to that I have yet to figure out. Games on for me, but sometimes in preseason, I couldn't find them either until someone posted them.

Except for Paul and his 19" TV... that I could always get. :P

Partial
My main man Bishop with a holding penalty. Fudge packer.

Freak Out
Howz Raji playing?

Fritz
09-20-2009, 12:49 PM
Ihad both bookmarked, but channelsurf was so crowded it wouldn't load - it timed out - and Justintv didn't have it, not the version of justintv I have, anyway.

retailguy
09-20-2009, 12:49 PM
Howz Raji playing?

Since he's inactive, or so I was told, probably not much. :P

imscott72
09-20-2009, 12:50 PM
Howz Raji playing?

Inactive..

Gunakor
Howz Raji playing?

He's inactive for today's game.

TheCheese

You are my hero. Thank you, thank you, thank you, TheCheese.

No problem. The feed is kinda choppy so I will post another link if i find something better.

retailguy
09-20-2009, 12:51 PM
not good run blocking on either of those plays.... Wow.

Fritz
09-20-2009, 12:51 PM
Wow. One nice run, two crap ones.

gbgary
09-20-2009, 12:52 PM
shit...come on!!

Gunakor

To the Bengals credit on that 3rd down run, they sniffed that out perfectly. There just weren't enough blockers.

Fritz
Jarrett Bush - the million dollar man!

Freak Out
Inactive? I thought he was good to go...?

retailguy
Nice punt. what a run back. crap. he out kicked his coverage.

imscott72
Well that sucked..

denverYooper

Sigh.

There is a secret to that I have yet to figure out. Games on for me, but sometimes in preseason, I couldn't find them either until someone posted them.

Except for Paul and his 19" TV... that I could always get. :P

Yeah, I've got Paul's 19 incher bookmarked. Reminds me of the 80s.

Gunakor
09-20-2009, 12:53 PM
Inactive? I thought he was good to go...?

He probably is, but they are going to take it easy with him.

Fritz
Good thing we kept guys like Kuhn, Hall, and Havner for special teams! Good thing we kept Bush!

Partial
This team is so bloody sloppy. C'mon MM. Get that crap cleaned up.

Hawk saves a touchdown on special teams. Big return from Cinci. Ball on the 5 yard line on a 60 yard return.

Partial
09-20-2009, 12:54 PM
False start. Send 'em back to the 10. 6 penalties for 43 yards for the Bengals already. Wonder what the Pack is at? Gotta be close if not more.

Benson bowled over Rouse. Benson looks like a man possessed.

retailguy
09-20-2009, 12:54 PM

To the Bengals credit on that 3rd down run, they sniffed that out perfectly. There just weren't enough blockers.

And that kind of sums it up perfectly. It didn't used to matter if they "sniffed" it out or not. Now it does. How does that not speak to the line? No one can run all the time, but, still... that wasn't so great.

Bengals playing a lot better than I thought. Playin hard. Very hard. Right now, they want this more than we do. Scary.

Packers4Glory
09-20-2009, 12:55 PM
geez. why would the Bengals throw the ball.

Packers4Glory
09-20-2009, 12:56 PM
fumbled!!! Looked like he lost it

Fritz
Geezuz.

That sucked. Way to go special teams.

Big focus this year. Big focus.

denverYooper
Talk about a short field.

Freak Out
Hello Dom?

Partial
Tied ball game folks. Palmer QB sneaks it in after a really good run by Benson. Benson was basically blown up in the backfield but had a really good second effort for a few positive yards to put the ballski on the 1.

MM challenging the TD.

Packers4Glory
09-20-2009, 12:57 PM
Geezuz.

oh yeah. started w/ a hold on a return. followed by a false start prior to punting...leading up to a big return. thats a triumphant of shit.

Partial
Geezuz.

Brett Swain was a difference maker on the punt return. If not for him the 60 yard return would have been 61 yards.

retailguy
Hello Dom?

This is about execution. The front three have to get penetration for this defense to work. Right now, I haven't seen penetration. That is a mismatch, I hope he can figure out.

Gunakor
09-20-2009, 12:58 PM

And that kind of sums it up perfectly. It didn't used to matter if they "sniffed" it out or not. Now it does. How does that not speak to the line? No one can run all the time, but, still... that wasn't so great.

Bengals playing a lot better than I thought. Playin hard. Very hard. Right now, they want this more than we do. Scary.

It speaks to the line in the sense that there weren't enough blockers to account for the number of Bengals there waiting for Grant. Either the protection wasn't called correctly, which could be Spitz' fault but probably Aaron Rodgers' fault, or it was just a poor playcall.

imscott72
That's not a TD..Ball came out..

Fosco33
Aren't line judges supposed to wait to signal TD (recent change discussed here before)?

With the overzealous TD call and the whistle - no way the Packers get the fumble call or recovery.

Packgator
MM challenging the TD.

That he didn't cross the line?

denverYooper
09-20-2009, 12:59 PM

Before the game, I was worried GB would get too sure that they were better.

Partial
MM challenging the TD.

Correct. Can't challenge for a fumble since the call wasn't made on the field at the time.

Ruling on the field stands. TD. GB charged a TD.

Fritz
Hello, Shawn Slocum?

Gunakor
I think he could have just said it was inconclusive so they had to go with the call on the field. His explaination suggests that he saw the ball cross the line in possession of Palmer, which I didn't see from any of those angles.

Packgator
09-20-2009, 01:00 PM
MM challenging the TD.

Correct. Can't challenge for a fumble since the call wasn't made on the field at the time.

Was that a good challenge?

retailguy
09-20-2009, 01:01 PM

Before the game, I was worried GB would get too sure that they were better.

After the way they played last week, you wouldn't think that would be an issue.

Poor execution last week, and they won because the Bears had worse execution.

Cincy has some pretty good DE's. This isn't a cakewalk. You have to have time to exploit their mediocre secondary. doesnt' look like it so far from what I've seen, but I did miss the 1st q.

pbmax
09-20-2009, 01:01 PM
Had to temporarily rely on radio. What I have heard:

Chillar has taken snaps from Barnett is base.

What I have seen:

James Jones blew a chance to put a hat on the returner on that punt. He looked like he was trapped in tar.

Mike Montgomery needs to be replaced, hopefully Raji is healthy soon. Monty got blown out of the hole on two successive hits allowing Benson to cut back and regain the yardage from the penalty. Poppinga was on the ground after falling down then getting blocked.

Pickett missed a tackle for loss on Benson.

retailguy
09-20-2009, 01:02 PM
MM challenging the TD.

Not really in my opinion. Initial replay didn't show much, so tough to overturn. It was questionable that he got in though.

imscott72
09-20-2009, 01:02 PM
Wow the Vikings look terrible..Lions in the red zone again..

retailguy
09-20-2009, 01:03 PM
good head by Barbre. He gets points for that.

pbmax
John Kuhn whiffs on the pass block. And whiff doesn't do it justice.

Brohm
Wiff by Hall

imscott72
MM challenging the TD.

Not really in my opinion. Initial replay didn't show much, so tough to overturn. It was questionable that he got in though.

The ball definitely came out, but no way to tell who recovered. Ugh Arod creamed..Did Barbre whiff again??

pbmax
Clifton allow penetration to his DE and he trips Grant on a run that could have gone for much more.

Fritz
09-20-2009, 01:04 PM
Lions just scored a td.

Gunakor
MM challenging the TD.

The ball definitely came out, but no way to tell who recovered. Ugh Arod creamed..Did Barbre whiff again??

No, the rush came from the left side. Barbre was the one who alertly jumped on the ball to retain possession after Rodgers fumbled it on the sack.

Partial
Worst. Fake hand off. Ever. That said, what is he Byron Leftwich holding the ball behind his ass on a huge release? WTF Rodg.

Big 3rd down here. Let's get this play.

Fritz
The Packers are not exactly ripping it up, are they?

Fritz
09-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Some really weird play calling. It ain't working too well, either.

Fosco33
MM challenging the TD.

Questionable challenge - but way (way) too quick of a whistle and TD indication by the line judge. I thought they were waiting to make those calls now. Ed will give him a - mark for that in his grading I'm sure.

imscott72
Lions TD! 10-0..Wow..

imscott72
09-20-2009, 01:06 PM
MM challenging the TD.

No, the rush came from the left side. Barbre was the one who alertly jumped on the ball to retain possession after Rodgers fumbled it on the sack.

My bad. Trying to watch too many games at once..

Fosco33
Jeez - come on guys.

Brohm
147th false start of the day.

pbmax
Boy oh boy do I hate Ed Hoculi.

imscott72
09-20-2009, 01:07 PM
These penalties are becoming a major problem again..

Brohm
This shit is just ugly in all facets of the game jeez ><

Fosco33
Maybe we punt this one outta bounds this time?

Brandon494
Clifton looking like shit again

pbmax
Missed facemask.

Gunakor
09-20-2009, 01:08 PM
These penalties are becoming a major problem again..

Both teams are playing very, very sloppy football today.

Brohm
148th

Fosco33
This game is taking.... forever.

imscott72
wow..

Fritz
Jesus. F*cking. Kee-rist.

Packgator
What the hell!!

SkinBasket
This team is straight up retarded.

Freak Out
09-20-2009, 01:09 PM
Get it going boys.

Gunakor
That was an EXCELLENT punt. 44 yard net. I'll take it.

Packers4Glory
ugly uglyugly

this team still has no discipline. 31st in penalties last yr and on the way to a similar spot this yr.

Freak Out
Nice punt and coverage.

Fosco33
D needs to put some pressure on Palmer and maintain gaps.

Brohm
This team is straight up retarded.

or breathing on the line of scrimmage is a penalty.

retailguy
This game is taking.... forever.

Hopefully that turns out to be a good thing, with just enough time for a winning drive.

Great play by Jenkins. WOW

imscott72
Jenkins!!

falco
CJ is pro-bowling it this year.

Packgator
Did I hear them say.....they yanked Bush after that?

Fosco33
Just like that... 8-)

Gunakor
09-20-2009, 01:10 PM
Cullen's a flippen beast!

Partial
I am definitely behind on the game. I just got the Jenkins play now. Atta boy!

Brohm
CW!!

falco
C-wood is HOF.

pbmax
Lovely play by that nice Gentleman Cullen Jenkins.

Fuck Ed Hoculi BTW.

My apologies for my French.

I am also in favor of that Charles Woodson fellow.

imscott72
WOODSON TO DA HOUSE!!!!!

retailguy
that was nice. Wow. Great Woodson!

gbgary
woo hoo!! woody to the rescue...and the rugby touch.

Fosco33
CWood for ProBowl... can a DB be the MVP?

Wow. just wow.

Freak Out
Hell yes.

Brandon494
WOODSON!!!!!

TheCheese
Woodson ! Hell yeah !

Partial