PDA

View Full Version : We deserve it.

Mazzin
09-20-2009, 03:12 PM
We deserve to lose....How do you not get Jennings involved at ALL? That is just horrible coaching, dont use your best player? wtf HORRIBLE

Brando19
09-20-2009, 03:33 PM
We deserve to lose....How do you not get Jennings involved at ALL? That is just horrible coaching, dont use your best player? wtf HORRIBLE

We did use our best player....Woodson had 2 INT. But yeah...I agree with you..Jennings was nowhere to be found. TT better call a few veteran O linemen or make a trade.

sheepshead
09-20-2009, 03:45 PM
I heard McCarthy tell Larry he went pass early because he thought he could take advantage of a weak secondary. Didnt he do the same thing last week? Over the top in the middle and get dropped passes, hurries and overthrows? Mike's getting too cute. Especially early in the season. I think that Arizona game went to his head. Rodgers has not been in rhythm in either game really.

Brohm
09-20-2009, 03:46 PM
This offense has no identity. That's on MM. Maybe he has been reading too many press clippings about the Offense, because they have nothing. At this point, pick one thing, practice it ad nauseum, make it work.

retailguy
09-20-2009, 03:50 PM
This offense has no identity. That's on MM. Maybe he has been reading too many press clippings about the Offense, because they have nothing. At this point, pick one thing, practice it ad nauseum, make it work.

gotta win the game in the trenches. that's basic football. we lost badly on both side of the ball on the line. eventually, it killed us.

red
09-20-2009, 03:51 PM
i blame the 4th preseason game. rodgers was on fire up t that point. then he plays what? one play in the whole game.

he hasn't looked anywhere near as comfortable as he was before that game

Gunakor
09-20-2009, 03:53 PM
i blame the 4th preseason game. rodgers was on fire up t that point. then he plays what? one play in the whole game.

+1

Gotta give the #1's at least a few series to a quarter, even in that last preseaon game.

Brohm
09-20-2009, 03:57 PM

gotta win the game in the trenches. that's basic football. we lost badly on both side of the ball on the line. eventually, it killed us.

I agree. MM needs to adjust thought if his QB is getting killed. Go 2 TE power run whatever. last week the right side was gashed, this weeek the left side. Not short passing game, no long passing game, no run game. Just stunned.

Dabaddestbear
09-20-2009, 04:00 PM
They tried, he just wasnt open.

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-20-2009, 04:08 PM
The o-line is why we lost. I still can't believe Rodgers hasn't turned the ball over in two games with that type of blocking. Get a strong o-line and the offense will be fine. The d didnt even play all that bad. They were on the field for way to long.

MOBB DEEP
09-20-2009, 04:09 PM
The o-line is why we lost. I still can't believe Rodgers hasn't turned the ball over in two games with that type of blocking. Get a strong o-line and the offense will be fine. The d didnt even play all that bad. They were on the field for way to long.

QFT

Brohm
09-20-2009, 04:13 PM
If the o-line cannot protect and cannot run block, then go to the short passes. MM didn't adjust. jennings was covered all day with a 3-deep z but he still tried to go for the deep ball. Where are the short dumps in that case? I don't thnk I ever saw Wynn out there. Is Bjax missing hurting that bad in the short passing game?

pbmax
09-20-2009, 04:31 PM
And he dropped two he was thrown. And he fell down on a third, but that might have been out of reach.

retailguy
09-20-2009, 07:19 PM
And he dropped two he was thrown. And he fell down on a third, but that might have been out of reach.

everyone has a bad game once in a while. I just hope that cincy hasn't "discovered" how to take him out of the game.

driver stepped up and filled the void though. he had a solid game.

Jimx29
09-20-2009, 07:25 PM
They tried, he just wasnt open.and a-rod couldn't hit the broad side of a barn

mmmdk
09-20-2009, 07:44 PM
If the o-line cannot protect and cannot run block, then go to the short passes. MM didn't adjust. jennings was covered all day with a 3-deep z but he still tried to go for the deep ball. Where are the short dumps in that case? I don't thnk I ever saw Wynn out there. Is Bjax missing hurting that bad in the short passing game?

I agree!

Don't forget the Lambeau 10th man factor from those cozy noon crowds; they substract, not add as fans in Seattle where the 12th man is a real factor. Vs Bears was OK.

GBRulz
09-20-2009, 07:49 PM
Don't forget the Lambeau 10th man factor from those cozy noon crowds; they substract, not add as fans in Seattle where the 12th man is a real factor. Vs Bears was OK.

It was a Milwaukee game...which usually aren't as loud. Did you see them leaving in droves as Cinci went up by 10 with just over a minute to play?

MOBB DEEP
09-20-2009, 08:05 PM
It was a Milwaukee game...

huh?

SkinBasket
09-20-2009, 08:10 PM

You deserve to be punched in the uterus. Jennings took himself out of the game. You are a horrible fan.

Gunakor
09-20-2009, 08:24 PM

Except when he was hitting his guys right between the numbers before watching them drop the ball. It wasn't all misses, there were quite a few drops to go along with it.

Partial
09-20-2009, 08:30 PM

Except when he was hitting his guys right between the numbers before watching them drop the ball. It wasn't all misses, there were quite a few drops to go along with it.

Drops are not always the receivers fault. Not saying this is the case of a poorly thrown ball, but on some of those passes I'm sure you can't rule it out.

SkinBasket
09-20-2009, 08:31 PM

Drops are not always the receivers fault. Not saying this is the case of a poorly thrown ball, but on some of those passes I'm sure you can't rule it out.

You're an idiot.

Gunakor
09-20-2009, 08:31 PM

If you're Ryan Grant, for example, and the ball hits you square between the 2 and the 5...

Partial
09-20-2009, 08:37 PM

You're an idiot.

How? If someone throws a ball as hard as they can from 5 feet away is it reasonable to have a drop when they could easily float it to you? Touch is very important.

Thanks again, btw, for the insightful discussion on the topic. You really brought a lot to the discussion with the "you're an idiot".

falco
09-20-2009, 08:39 PM
Thanks again, btw, for the insightful discussion on the topic. You really brought a lot to the discussion with the "you're an idiot".

Almost as insightful as calling someone a DFC, eh?

retailguy
09-20-2009, 08:46 PM

Wow. I usually stay out of commenting on these discussions (unless they involve Ty), but Falco, you owned him on that one.

Nice.

Partial
09-20-2009, 08:47 PM

Wow. I usually stay out of commenting on these discussions (unless they involve Ty), but Falco, you owned him on that one.

Nice.

Not really. I took accountability for it. Is it really mature to bring up bad moments instead of contributing to the discussion? It boggles the mind...

retailguy
09-20-2009, 08:48 PM

Nice.

Not really. I took accountability for it. Is it really mature to bring up bad moments instead of contributing to the discussion? It boggles the mind...

well I agree with you that you finally manned up, this is a pot kettle discussion. sometimes you just gotta suck it up.

falco
09-20-2009, 08:50 PM

Nice.

I usually avoid the partial bashing since everyone else seems to do a nice job (and his know it all antics remind me of myself when I was younger), but he took it over the line today and I had enough. I believe his act (and yes it is an act) is just intended to get under everyone's skin.

falco
09-20-2009, 08:50 PM

Nice.

I never claimed to be mautre.... :P

EDIT: or to be able to spell

Partial
09-20-2009, 08:51 PM

Nice.

I usually avoid the partial bashing since everyone else seems to do a nice job (and his know it all antics remind me of myself when I was younger), but he took it over the line today and I had enough. I believe his act (and yes it is an act) is just intended to get under everyone's skin.

Exactly what did I do? I would love to see examples of said things. I cannot help it that sometimes homerism blinds people to reality. I call things as I see them, and lately I've been proven wise more often than not...

retailguy
09-20-2009, 08:52 PM

Nice.

Falco, I've met the guy, and I disagree with that. Partial is an OK guy, I really like him, and don't think he's doing that.

I would guess that he hasn't exited the "I know it all stage" of his life yet. He's really not a bad guy. You gotta trust me on that.

Cleft Crusty
09-20-2009, 08:54 PM
For the record, there was a receiver running up the right sideline on the last play. It was Jordy Nelson. It's hard for Crusty to tell through clouded eyes - either I took too much codeine or I'm wearing my wife's glasses - but he may have stepped out of bounds. Also, it's likely that the safety moved to Driver after he ball was released, making Nelson look more open. If Rodgers had thrown towards Nelson, the safety may have gotten there to break it up. Still, to be fair, Rodgers really screwed up on the deep ball to Jennings just a little earlier - Nelson was wide open underneath - as the very bright Rich Gannon pointed out. Hopefully for Packer fans, Rodgers won't make a habit of primary receiver tunnel vision. Finally, you can quibble about this and that that Rodgers did wrong, but you would be making a huge mistake to put any of this loss at Rodger's feet. This game was lost in the trenches, as many have already said.

falco
09-20-2009, 08:54 PM

Nice.

Falco, I've met the guy, and I disagree with that. Partial is an OK guy, I really like him, and don't think he's doing that.

I would guess that he hasn't exited the "I know it all stage" of his life yet. He's really not a bad guy. You gotta trust me on that.

I don't doubt it RG. Like I said, I like him more than most do around here. Just rubbed me the wrong way today.

retailguy
09-20-2009, 08:55 PM
For the record, there was a receiver running up the right sideline on the last play. It was Jordy Nelson. It's hard for Crusty to tell through clouded eyes - either I took too much codeine or I'm wearing my wife's glasses - but he may have stepped out of bounds. Also, it's likely that the safety moved to Driver after he ball was released, making Nelson look more open. If Rodgers had thrown towards Nelson, the safety may have gotten there to break it up. Still, to be fair, Rodgers really screwed up on the deep ball to Jennings just a little earlier - Nelson was wide open underneath - as the very bright Rich Gannon pointed out. Hopefully for Packer fans, Rodgers won't make a habit of primary receiver tunnel vision. Finally, you can quibble about this and that that Rodgers did wrong, but you would be making a huge mistake to put any of this loss at Rodger's feet. This game was lost in the trenches, as many have already said.

A moment of clarity from a senile old bastard? I agree with your lucidity. I place almost no blame for this loss on Rodgers. 3 of the sacks? Sure. but not the game.

falco
09-20-2009, 08:55 PM

Nice.

Exactly what did I do? I would love to see examples of said things. I cannot help it that sometimes homerism blinds people to reality. I call things as I see them, and lately I've been proven wise more often than not...

You call things as they are convenient for you.

retailguy
09-20-2009, 08:56 PM

Nice.

I don't doubt it RG. Like I said, I like him more than most do around here. Just rubbed me the wrong way today.

fair enough. me too. he's trying to parse his points into a very narrow viewpoint. and you have to ignore the multitude of previous statements. like I said, I know him and can't do that today.

SkinBasket
09-20-2009, 08:57 PM

You're an idiot.

How? If someone throws a ball as hard as they can from 5 feet away is it reasonable to have a drop when they could easily float it to you? Touch is very important.

Which of those multiple drops was thrown from 5 feet away? Are you on drugs again?

We get it. You hate Rodgers. If he doesn't throw interceptions while being sacked all day long, you got to find something else to rail about. Try to make it a little more believable though. This is just stupid.

falco
09-20-2009, 08:58 PM
For the record partial, I'm probably taking out my frustration with our team on you, so don't take it personally.

Had we won, your obnoxious attitude wouldn't have gotten under my skin. :lol:

Partial
09-20-2009, 08:59 PM
CAPS...

You're an idiot.

Which of those multiple drops was thrown from 5 feet away? Are you on drugs again?

NEVER SAID ANY WERE. I SAID THERE ARE TWO PEOPLE INVOLVED IN THE EXCHANGE FROM QB ARM TO RECEIVER. IT IS UNFAIR TO PUT ALL THE BLAME ON THE RECEIVER.

We get it. You hate Rodgers. If he doesn't throw interceptions while being sacked all day long, you got to find something else to rail about. Try to make it a little more believable though. This is just stupid.

I don't hate Rodgers. I like him in fact. I'm just not a blind homer. I can call a spade a spade. He has made one great play this year, several average, and a lot of bad plays. He needs to pick up his game big time if he hopes to remain the QB in GB. Hell, everyone on that damn team does because they all played like crap.

Partial
09-20-2009, 09:00 PM
For the record partial, I'm probably taking out my frustration with our team on you, so don't take it personally.

I do take it personally. I think it's completely out of line and inappropriate as you're attacking me instead of the discussion at hand. I quite frankly think very little of you as a result of it.

I would ask that you attack the discussion instead of me, or keep your hands off the keys as I find it offensive.

falco
09-20-2009, 09:02 PM

I do take it personally. I think it's completely out of line and inappropriate as you're attacking me instead of the discussion at hand. I quite frankly think very little of you as a result of it.

I would ask that you attack the discussion instead of me, or keep your hands off the keys as I find it offensive.

Point taken. I'm not sure where you get off giving me that lecture, but you're probably right.

SkinBasket
09-20-2009, 09:05 PM

You're an idiot.

NEVER SAID ANY WERE. I SAID THERE ARE TWO PEOPLE INVOLVED IN THE EXCHANGE FROM QB ARM TO RECEIVER. IT IS UNFAIR TO PUT ALL THE BLAME ON THE RECEIVER.

Partial
09-20-2009, 09:09 PM
Where did I say that that ever happened. I was providing an example as to the importance of touch. Please elaborate for me.

Cheesehead Craig
09-20-2009, 09:10 PM
So it sounds like we lost.

retailguy
09-20-2009, 09:12 PM

it wasn't as close as the score either. pathetic.

Scott Campbell
09-20-2009, 09:14 PM

it wasn't as close as the score either.

Yeah, it was.

ThunderDan
09-20-2009, 09:56 PM
I don't hate Rodgers. I like him in fact. I'm just not a blind homer. I can call a spade a spade. He has made one great play this year, several average, and a lot of bad plays. He needs to pick up his game big time if he hopes to remain the QB in GB. Hell, everyone on that damn team does because they all played like crap.

Ha ha ha!!!

You call a spade a heart. Tell everyone its a heart and then when someone shows you the spade you still maintain it's a heart.

ThunderDan
09-20-2009, 09:57 PM
Then when a 3rd party says its a Spade, you say its a Spade and backpeddle like a MOFO. Saying I never said it was a Heart.

channtheman
09-20-2009, 10:00 PM
I don't understand Partial's statement that a drop is somehow the QB's fault FOR THIS GAME. I don't recall any drops by the receivers where Rodgers threw an unnecessary bullet. Grant dropped an easy one. Jennings dropped an easy one. Lee dropped one that for some reason guys who get paid millions of dollars to catch never do catch. I'm sure there were more but those are what I recall.

Partial
09-20-2009, 10:05 PM
I don't understand Partial's statement that a drop is somehow the QB's fault FOR THIS GAME. I don't recall any drops by the receivers where Rodgers threw an unnecessary bullet. Grant dropped an easy one. Jennings dropped an easy one. Lee dropped one that for some reason guys who get paid millions of dollars to catch never do catch. I'm sure there were more but those are what I recall.

I'm not saying that at all. I don't put 100% of the blame on the receivers. I would have to watch game footage again to see how many of these passes were good, etc. I think drops is a deceptive way of wording things.

PackerTimer
09-20-2009, 10:10 PM

Finley dropped one on the first drive that at first I thought was a bad pass, but on the replay it was definetely there. A very good sideline throw that bounced right off Finley's hands. There were a boad load of drops again today and none of those were Rodgers fault.

Partial, why invent shit to blame Rodgers on? He didn't play a good game, he held the ball too long a few times and he was off on some throws (there was one to Driver that I can't believe he missed, it was a third and 15 that Driver would have easily converted). But he also again had a ton of drops and some pretty crappy pass protection. Rodgers has had a tough start to the season but he's also been under constant pressure and his receiver certainly haven't helped him out. I'm just hoping they can get the pass protection figured out so Rodgers can feel a bit more comfortable back there, maybe then he'll start getting into a rythym.

PackerTimer
09-20-2009, 10:12 PM

I'm not saying that at all. I don't put 100% of the blame on the receivers. I would have to watch game footage again to see how many of these passes were good, etc. I think drops is a deceptive way of wording things.

That is true but today the drops were drops and bad drops at that.

channtheman
09-20-2009, 10:17 PM

Well I agree in not all cases there is only blame on the WR's but for the drops that I can remember they were clearly just the receiver dropping the ball. Jennings turned his head too soon and dropped a pass in the first half that i think he could have ran all the way across the field for a huge gain.

I guess I wonder why you brought up that sometimes it is the QB's fault for a WR dropping the pass when you don't really have examples of it happening in that game.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-20-2009, 11:32 PM
Where did I say that that ever happened. I was providing an example as to the importance of touch. Please elaborate for me.

You are so full of shit.

How many times did you blame Bert for drops?

And, Bert was known for winging it way hard in short distances....even in practice...and taking glee in it.

Suddenly, touch is an issue for you, but for 16 years with the pack it wasn't. :oops:

Sactopackfan
09-20-2009, 11:35 PM
LOL!! And some of you guys wonder why more people don't post here. It's just flamewar after flamewar. Shit gets old ya know?? Especially over the most mundane and retarded bullshit.

Jimx29
09-20-2009, 11:38 PM
LOL!! And some of you guys wonder why more people don't post here. It's just flamewar after flamewar. Shit gets old ya know?? Especially over the most mundane and retarded bullshit.QFT

Tyrone Bigguns
09-20-2009, 11:52 PM
LOL!! And some of you guys wonder why more people don't post here. It's just flamewar after flamewar. Shit gets old ya know?? Especially over the most mundane and retarded bullshit.

Could you point us to a packer board that isn't a raging inferno after a loss..or one that doesn't have combatants regarding Bert, TT, etc.

This is a sincere question.

Chevelle2
09-20-2009, 11:54 PM

Could you point us to a packer board that isn't a raging inferno after a loss..or one that doesn't have combatants regarding Bert, TT, etc.

packerchatters and footballsfuture

Waldo
09-21-2009, 12:01 AM

Do you still come by FF?

Some think that you are 007.

Most are convinced that you are still posting there, but nobody can figure out who. If you are still around, you've definitely done a great job flying under the radar.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-21-2009, 12:06 AM

Well, i looked at PC...and there are barely any discussions about anything. The longest thread was the game day thread.

Maybe everyone was chatting.

GrnBay007
09-21-2009, 12:16 AM

Do you still come by FF?

Most are convinced that you are still posting there, but nobody can figure out who. If you are still around, you've definitely done a great job flying under the radar.

Waldo, how is my name being brought into this?

Waldo
09-21-2009, 12:29 AM

Do you still come by FF?

Waldo, how is my name being brought into this?

You're 007 over there?

Whenever people chat away from FF, mafia, other things that use a chatzy, live drafts, in person, etc, there is occasionally talk of old well known members that were banned.

Most are firmly convinced that Barentt56/Bishop is back, as well as Chevelle. Most also think that 007 is not a first time poster there, that he is somebody that has been previously banned, but nobody knows who, including webby and VD obviously, as he has been warned more than anybody I've ever seen, if he was using the same IP as a previously banned poster he would get a perma ban, and his IP has obviously been checked.

Sactopackfan
09-21-2009, 03:16 AM

I'm not dismissing anything that you've said Ty, it's all very true. But this place in particular, since the trading of Mr. Favre to the Jets has been...well, I just can't come up with a quality adjective at the moment. I've lurked here for quite some time, enjoying many posters insights and analysis. But many threads seem to disintegrate into a one-up manship battle, regardless of the topic. This is just an observation of one insignificant outsider. Why can't people just agree to disagree without resorting to personal insults and stupidity?

Tyrone Bigguns
09-21-2009, 04:37 AM

I'm not dismissing anything that you've said Ty, it's all very true. But this place in particular, since the trading of Mr. Favre to the Jets has been...well, I just can't come up with a quality adjective at the moment. I've lurked here for quite some time, enjoying many posters insights and analysis. But many threads seem to disintegrate into a one-up manship battle, regardless of the topic. This is just an observation of one insignificant outsider. Why can't people just agree to disagree without resorting to personal insults and stupidity?

Sacto,

I don't know. I only go to this board and Jsonline...and it is just about as bad there. I checked out packerchatters...and you are right, i didn't see favre stuff....no OT: Favre thread..maybe that is one reason. Also i didn't see much of anything going on in the forums.

Top reasons according to Ty:

1. Irrational hatred of TT. For some reason, certain fans didn't like him from the beginning. As if it was his fault Sherman got canned from that role.
2. Fired Sherman. Ty thought it was the right thing to do, but hey, it's only an opinion. For some, unforgivable. Years later and they still want to talk about it.
3. Favre. TT was the man in charge when it all went down.
4. Suspect fans. Ty believes in the Green Bay Packers...others seem to have this misguided notion of loyalty to Brett over the pack.
5. Arod. Since TT picked Arod, then went with him after Brett's waffling.....they don't like Arod. They take veiled potshots at him.
6. Winning. Was it chaos last week? Nope. Cause we won. That, to me, proves the point of the above 5. The TT haters, Bert lovers, had to be quiet or risk being outed. But, the minute we lose a game...they can attack under the rubric of a loss.

This whole divided packer nation blows Ty's mind. You have "fans" that hope Bert wins a championship, "fans" wearing other teams colors, etc. We had one poster who claims to be a fan, but whose avatar was a jets hat. Sorry, but Ty doesn't role with any of that.

And, if you want to...and it is your right...Why the fuck would you be on a site called packerrats? The name says what it is about. This ain't footballrats or favrerats...or nflrats.

Ty suffered, after moving to Wisco in 71 for 20 years to taste the sweetness of victory. Ty thinks to many of the younger fans (and some johnny or johnnette come lately) have no appreciation. The don't know what it is like to suffer. They don't know what it takes to be a real fan.

You know, sacto, ty use to believe packer fans were different...maybe even better, but nowadays...i'm starting to think we are fast approaching front runner status or cubbie fans.

And, it is really starting to make Ty sick.

MJZiggy
09-21-2009, 06:32 AM

Adjectives, hostile, touchy, sucky?
This place has some of the best football knowledge anywhere. A lot of the folks here make me laugh regularly. Some of the people I've met at the posters games have been wonderful people that I've maintained relationships with away from this board. There are others here I'd just love to meet in person. But there are some here who just have to be right. They must post and battle and flame until they prove that they are top dog around here. They fight their battles until they get censured or banned and then can't figure out why it happened then beg to be reinstated only to start the same crap over again. I can't figure that out...to have been deactivated and then act like you're being picked on for being called on the very same behavior that got you deactivated before. Maybe it's their history that's being picked on. That's a really, REALLY long way of saying QFT.

Fritz
09-21-2009, 06:51 AM
Hear hear to Zig.

GrnBay007
09-21-2009, 07:00 AM
You're 007 over there?

No, this is the only site I visit

MOBB DEEP
09-21-2009, 07:02 AM
A woman calling you cats out on your machismo.... :lol:

Man, over at sportsbubbler.com its been whacky since the loss

They have a pick of Chad's lambeau leap complete with pack fans smilling and patting chad on his back..INSANE! Armegeddon's in effect

Or, I guess some ppl just enjoy the ENTIRE sport of pro fballl, not just cats that the Packers draft or pick up? hmmmm.... :?:

Some smart person here should post that pic, its hilarious if not sickening at the same time

Scott Campbell
09-21-2009, 07:03 AM
You're 007 over there?

Is it because you've been banned everywhere else? :shock:

MOBB DEEP
09-21-2009, 07:04 AM
You're 007 over there?

Go visit JSO double 0...its SO different now....

I had to visit it after Ty brought it up; havnt been there in 2 years

MOBB DEEP
09-21-2009, 07:46 AM
cpk is over at JSO on the "most pathetic fans thread"...he he...ppl are defending the fans for smiling and patting Chad :roll:

Bossman641
09-21-2009, 08:33 AM
This whole divided packer nation blows Ty's mind. You have "fans" that hope Bert wins a championship, "fans" wearing other teams colors, etc. We had one poster who claims to be a fan, but whose avatar was a jets hat. Sorry, but Ty doesn't role with any of that.

And, if you want to...and it is your right...Why the fuck would you be on a site called packerrats? The name says what it is about. This ain't footballrats or favrerats...or nflrats.

Agreed

There seem to be more than a few here who take more joy in the Packers losing then winning. I don't think I need to name names regarding those who only show up when the Pack are down.

It should be quite clear that there are a lot of Packer "fans" who thought they were Packer fans when they were actually only Favre fans. There's nothing wrong with that. I just don't understand why they continue to think of themselves as Packer fans though.

And before they start in with the "so you think you're a better fan than me" crap, if you want other teams to win instead of the Packers or hope the Packers struggle because they "deserve" it, then YES I am a better fan than you.

Scott Campbell
09-21-2009, 08:36 AM
The OP (Mazzin) is not among those you cite IMO. She doesn't appear to be taking any joy in this loss.

Bossman641
09-21-2009, 08:44 AM
The OP (Mazzin) is not among those you cite IMO. She doesn't appear to be taking any joy in this loss.

Definitely

She was not one of the ones I was referring to.

KYPack
09-21-2009, 08:59 AM

Sacto,

I don't know. I only go to this board and Jsonline...and it is just about as bad there. I checked out packerchatters...and you are right, i didn't see favre stuff....no OT: Favre thread..maybe that is one reason. Also i didn't see much of anything going on in the forums.

1. Irrational hatred of TT. For some reason, certain fans didn't like him from the beginning. As if it was his fault Sherman got canned from that role.
2. Fired Sherman. Ty thought it was the right thing to do, but hey, it's only an opinion. For some, unforgivable. Years later and they still want to talk about it.
4. Suspect fans. Ty believes in the Green Bay Packers...others seem to have this misguided notion of loyalty to Brett over the pack.
5. Arod. Since TT picked Arod, then went with him after Brett's waffling.....they don't like Arod. They take veiled potshots at him.
6. Winning. Was it chaos last week? Nope. Cause we won. That, to me, proves the point of the above 5. The TT haters, Bert lovers, had to be quiet or risk being outed. But, the minute we lose a game...they can attack under the rubric of a loss.

Ty suffered, after moving to Wisco in 71 for 20 years to taste the sweetness of victory. Ty thinks to many of the younger fans (and some johnny or johnnette come lately) have no appreciation. The don't know what it is like to suffer. They don't know what it takes to be a real fan.

You know, sacto, ty use to believe packer fans were different...maybe even better, but nowadays...i'm starting to think we are fast approaching front runner status or cubbie fans.

Ty,

That is one king hell post. I agree with it 100%. I had thought of making a similar post, but my energy level is still too low.

We got beat by a team we took too lightly. Hopefully, there was a lesson learned in that ballgame.

We will bounce back, but there is a lot of work ahead of the team.

We don't fire the GM & coach, trade the QB and shoot the rest of the guys.

We get back, re-group and go at 'em again.

We always do, we are the Green Bay Packers.

Tarlam!
09-21-2009, 09:02 AM
"We are the Green Bay Packers".

I love how you wrote that KY. I'm all warm, fuzzy and tingly inside.

KYPack
09-21-2009, 09:52 AM
"We are the Green Bay Packers".

I love how you wrote that KY. I'm all warm, fuzzy and tingly inside.

Anything for you, pal.

Man I got a piece of paper on the wall that says I can post "We" in these freaky situations.

Fritz
09-21-2009, 10:55 AM
Count me in with Ty and KY.

I wonder if it's maybe a generational thing - the younger fans who grew up with Favre as their "only" quarterback, and have seen him portrayed as a near-saint (it's such an American story - the coming-of-age thing and all), seem to have a hard time separating the team from one person on the team.

Myth-making is a part of football, for sure. But it usually doesn't happen right in the midst of one's career, as it has for Favre. I'd be curious to know how it happened with Lombardi - if fans had a difficult time separating the team from their beloved coach. I suspect not, in part because the NFL media coverage was not a 24/7/365 operation as it is now.

So I, as a middle-aged Pack fan going back to 1967, am mystified by those who want the Vikings to win now - what? - because Favre is there. I am mystified by those who want to fire the coach, the GM, and get rid of the players after every single loss.

Like Ty, I was under the illusion that Packer fans were smarter than other fans. I thought they were educated and not knee-jerk because they knew more about football and what it took to have a winning team. Sure, we have our short-term reactions - I don't mind people freaking out on game threads. I do that all the time. Frickin' team! But the relentless negativity that permeates some fans and the joyless joy that seems to come after a loss ("I've been saying this for so long but no one listens to me!") is disturbing to me. Heck, sometimes it seems folks like to grumble after a win.

Look, I'm on record as saying that Thompson has this year - and maybe next, depending upon how this year goes - to get this team into serious and regular contention for the Super Bowl. If the team avoids major injuries this year and still sucks like last year, then it is time to look at the coach and the GM. But I'd like to wait until the season has played out a little more before deciding the whole thing's a failure.

Tarlam!
09-21-2009, 11:08 AM
We Are The Green Bay Packers.

I support whoever works or plays or supports the team. Anytime, anywhere. We are the Green Bay Packers.

Packers4Ever
09-21-2009, 11:19 AM

Rodgers isn't a 10 year old, he's qualified and smart enough

to know that 1 game doesn't make a season. Let it go unless

it goes too far. I betcha it won't.

Packers4Ever
09-21-2009, 11:27 AM

I wasn't counting but wasn't Jennings having trouble catching/holding

onto the ball? Driver was having some trouble too and it looked to me

like other receivers were called on - that's just the QB doing what he's

supposed to do, look elsewhere for a bit.

denverYooper
09-21-2009, 11:49 AM
Count me in with Ty and KY.

I wonder if it's maybe a generational thing - the younger fans who grew up with Favre as their "only" quarterback, and have seen him portrayed as a near-saint (it's such an American story - the coming-of-age thing and all), seem to have a hard time separating the team from one person on the team.

Myth-making is a part of football, for sure. But it usually doesn't happen right in the midst of one's career, as it has for Favre. I'd be curious to know how it happened with Lombardi - if fans had a difficult time separating the team from their beloved coach. I suspect not, in part because the NFL media coverage was not a 24/7/365 operation as it is now.

Muad'Dib Favre

So I, as a middle-aged Pack fan going back to 1967, am mystified by those who want the Vikings to win now - what? - because Favre is there. I am mystified by those who want to fire the coach, the GM, and get rid of the players after every single loss.

I was born into Packer fandom in 1977, in the middle of the lean years. So I can relate to the pain. In fact, I didn't know anything else for the first 10-12 years of my life wrt the Packers. Times are pretty good now.

Like Ty, I was under the illusion that Packer fans were smarter than other fans. I thought they were educated and not knee-jerk because they knew more about football and what it took to have a winning team. Sure, we have our short-term reactions - I don't mind people freaking out on game threads. I do that all the time. Frickin' team! But the relentless negativity that permeates some fans and the joyless joy that seems to come after a loss ("I've been saying this for so long but no one listens to me!") is disturbing to me. Heck, sometimes it seems folks like to grumble after a win.

This is something I've thought a lot about lately. Is it a defense mechanism? So that you can either be happy that the Packers won or you can be pleased with yourself for being "right"? I don't get that sentiment. Not that it's not valid.

To me, it's more entertaining to be continuously, even if cautiously, optimistic if I'm going to partake. I still approach games with the same hope every week that I did back in the 80s. When it pays off, it makes sticking with the team worth it. But if I'm at the point where I feel the joyless joy that Fritz speaks of, it's time to mow the lawn or walk the dogs.

Professional football is entertainment, bottom line. Fritz, living in Detroit probably gives you perspective on how lucky we are to be Packers fans :). One of the better articles I ever read on pro football and life was Mitch Albom's http://mitchalbom.com/journalism/article/5161.

Pugger
09-21-2009, 12:14 PM
Sigh. :( I've dreaded to come on these Packer boards today. I knew there'd be a slew of fire TT/MM and AR sucks threads. I don't think I'll even lurk on the Bubbler for a couple of days. We lost one stinkin game to an AFC team and now we're 1-1. I was upset yesterday after the game but now I'm feeling a little better. I'm hoping this type of loss stings with the guys and they never forget how they felt in that lockerroom afterwards.

If you look back at my posts before this game I feared we might be complacent and come in expecting to win by almost going thru the motions. One team came ready to play yesterday and one did not - and I lay that at the feet of the players as well as the coaches. This happens to every team evey year. Back in 1996 we were on a roll and went on the road to play a very lousy Indy team and got beat! :? You can't afford to play ANY team in this league like the fellas did yesterday and expect to win. And it wasn't just one phase. It was a complete team implosion and eveyone has to look in the mirror to find the culprit in that loss. I pray they learn from this and take out their frustrations on the Rams next week.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-21-2009, 05:01 PM

Sacto,

Ty,

That is one king hell post. I agree with it 100%. I had thought of making a similar post, but my energy level is still too low.

We got beat by a team we took too lightly. Hopefully, there was a lesson learned in that ballgame.

We will bounce back, but there is a lot of work ahead of the team.

We don't fire the GM & coach, trade the QB and shoot the rest of the guys.

We get back, re-group and go at 'em again.

We always do, we are the Green Bay Packers.

thanx man (no...i'm not crying...sniff sniff...got allergies)

Scott Campbell
09-21-2009, 05:05 PM
Like Ty, I was under the illusion that Packer fans were smarter than other fans.

Spend 20 minutes in a room full of Bear fans. Your faith will be restored.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-21-2009, 05:21 PM
Like Ty, I was under the illusion that Packer fans were smarter than other fans.

Spend 20 minutes in a room full of Bear fans. Your faith will be restored.

Setting the bar awfully low.

bbbffl66
09-21-2009, 05:56 PM

Sacto,

Why is it irrational to hate TT? We have a losing record under his watch. Forget the Favre crap. He has tried to fix the team on the cheap. The O line has been a problem since he got here. Late round picks are only going go so far. Sometimes you need to get a Hutchinson. And TT won't do that!
Look, Shermy was way over his head as GM. I think we all agree on that. And there was a lot of roster fixing needed. But I don't think it's been fixed. Save for 1 special year, where every bounce went our way, we have been below average.
And as far as Favre, yeah, both sides f#cked that up. My question is, do you think Colts fans cheered for Unitas when he played for San Diego? Or Jets fans when Namath played in Frisco? Or Niner fans wished Montana ill when the relationship fell apart and he played with KC? Of course we all hope GB wins the 2 Minny games. But the hatred of some posters here toward Favre is asinine! And yeah, if we can't win the thing, I guess I'd be OK with BF going out on top. As long as the FIBS don't win!

MOBB DEEP
09-21-2009, 06:10 PM
Emotion/"dedication" trumps logic fool.....cant believe pack averaging 3.8 points in the 3rd quarter...what the hell is MM doing at half? eating saturated fat-infested doughnuts to enhance his physique?

TT has to fire fatboy

Tyrone Bigguns
09-21-2009, 06:21 PM

Sacto,

Why is it irrational to hate TT? We have a losing record under his watch. Forget the Favre crap. He has tried to fix the team on the cheap. The O line has been a problem since he got here. Late round picks are only going go so far. Sometimes you need to get a Hutchinson. And TT won't do that!
Look, Shermy was way over his head as GM. I think we all agree on that. And there was a lot of roster fixing needed. But I don't think it's been fixed. Save for 1 special year, where every bounce went our way, we have been below average.
And as far as Favre, yeah, both sides f#cked that up. My question is, do you think Colts fans cheered for Unitas when he played for San Diego? Or Jets fans when Namath played in Frisco? Or Niner fans wished Montana ill when the relationship fell apart and he played with KC? Of course we all hope GB wins the 2 Minny games. But the hatred of some posters here toward Favre is asinine! And yeah, if we can't win the thing, I guess I'd be OK with BF going out on top. As long as the FIBS don't win!

You are proving the point.

First, i said that there was irrational hate of TT....that is different than rational hate. There have been people hating on him since day 1. That is irrational. At the risk of being snide...well, fuckit...i am snarky...learn to read, or better yet...comprehend. :wink:

1. Winning record since HIS coach was hired. Think you will agree that any manager should get his players and staff.

2. Cheap. How so? Please list the players we passed over because they were expensive. Please list the teams that built differently and through a non-cheap way. Was woodson cheap, pickett cheap, resigning players cheap?

3. Late round picks. Spitz, College, Sitton, and Meredith weren't late round. More irrational fulminating.

4. Hutch. Ok. please point out the lineman we missed out on. Here, i'll help you out as you only need to find guards and centers. Also, please make sure they can work in our blocking scheme.

5. Sherman, agreed. Below average....sorry, the truth says the opposite.

6. Old qbs. Did any of those guys play the games Bert did? Did they threaten retirement year after year. And, i guarantee you that nobody in Baltimore or sanfran was buying montana or unitas jerseys....ok, maybe a few, but they werent' hoping Joe got another title.

Nobody woulda wished BErt ill will if he had shown half the class of your examples. Remember, this is the guy who said he wouldn't play well into his 30s...and said, if GB didn't want him, he would hang it up.

If their is irrational hate of Bert...and i will give that to you....then is there not also irrational love/apologizing for him. Hmmm.

pbmax
09-21-2009, 06:27 PM
Emotion/"dedication" trumps logic fool.....cant believe pack averaging 3.8 points in the 3rd quarter...what the hell is MM doing at half? eating saturated fat-infested doughnuts to enhance his physique?

TT has to fire fatboy
Well, at least this is an opinion on a Packer. :)

MOBB DEEP
09-21-2009, 06:30 PM

TT has to fire fatboy

:oops:

KYPack
09-21-2009, 08:21 PM

TT has to fire fatboy

Take it like a man, Mobb.

CaptainKickass
09-22-2009, 04:03 PM
Back to the original thread title:

"We Deserve It"

"We" - as packer fans never ever deserve a loss.

"We" as in the football players wearing green and gold this past Sunday, most certainly did not deserve to win that game. They went out there, they tried, and even made more than a half assed effort to come back at the last second, but throughout the entire game I felt that they certainly did NOT deserve to win that game.

Gunakor
09-23-2009, 04:22 AM

Here's why it's irrational hate. The bolded portion of the above.

TT's approach to fixing the team on the cheap has led us to more playoff wins during the past several years than the Hutchinson signing has led the Vikings to, even considering the guy Hutch is blocking for. You sound like Hutchinson would have been a cure-all. Believe me, it's not. There are teams that have high quality offensive lines that don't have the horses behind them to get the job done, and the end result is not that different than ours. And then there are teams with an OL just as bad as ours, whose fans complain all the way to the Super Bowl about it.

Believe me, I am just as upset about our OL woes as anyone else, but TT's job isn't specific to the offensive line. We had the same OL woes in 2007 when we hosted New York on a cold January evening with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line. Which suggests, to me anyway, that he's built a pretty good team here regardless of the OL struggles. That IMO is the rational way of looking at it.

mraynrand
09-23-2009, 09:03 AM

TT has to fire fatboy

Stubby was in there at half dreaming up some 9 or 11 step drop backs for Arod. No worries - we have a replacement LT with a bad wheel and we just shifted the entire O line - no reason to look for the TE or check downs. Was a single slant even thrown?

TennesseePackerBacker
09-23-2009, 10:08 AM

Niners fans didn't have to watch Montana try to lead the Cowboys in to the playoffs against them. Unitas and Namath also went to teams without any kind of rivalry ties to their former team. Brett the Jet? I didn't mind, I wished him well, hell, he used to be my favorite player behind Reggie. Now Brett the Benedict Arnold is a different story. Wanting to come back and "stick it to" my favorite team? I cheer loudly every time I see gramps go down now. And noone will be yelling at the TV louder than me when the Packers defense swarms the old man.

One player does not make a team. The Packers were here before Favre, and they will be here long after he finally turns out the lights.

run pMc
09-23-2009, 10:56 AM
Forget the Favre crap. He has tried to fix the team on the cheap. The O line has been a problem since he got here. Late round picks are only going go so far. Sometimes you need to get a Hutchinson. And TT won't do that!

IIRC Favre's annual retirement watch started during Sherman's tenure. That, along with his age, would almost guarantee that TT would be stuck with the unpleasant event of replacing Favre. It's done, and Rodgers has shown enough to make me think he's a capable QB.

Ask GJ and his agent if TT is fixing the team on the cheap.
There are multiple things to consider with FA & cap mgmt:
(1) resigning your own players, who are known entities in terms of locker room presence, practice habits/work ethic, and fit in the current system.
(2) determining whether a FA from another team is a good fit for the team
(3) determining whether a FA is worth the asking price vs. a draft pick.
(4) determining whether your own players are worth keeping vs. a FA vs. a draft pick.

Really, it's about value -- cost vs. performance -- with scarcity thrown in.

There are competent G's that cost less than Hutchinson...but free agency has changed since the days of Reggie and Deion, so the pickings are much slimmer. Don't forget, most of the best FA's get slapped with a franchise tag...otherwise half the league would've chased after Peppers or Cassel.

As for Hutchinson, while he is a very good player, IMO he's overpaid as a guard. Some LT's don't make that kind of money. You pay guys 6 or 8M to play LG, then another 12M for a QB, and pretty soon you end up resorting to guys like Greg Lewis at WR...

Sorry, I'm with Ty and KY on this one.

retailguy
09-23-2009, 11:33 AM
Stubby was in there at half dreaming up some 9 or 11 step drop backs for Arod. No worries - we have a replacement LT with a bad wheel and we just shifted the entire O line - no reason to look for the TE or check downs. Was a single slant even thrown?

Not that I saw. That was the most frustrating part of the game for me. We just kept trying to go deep. Down the sidelines, over the middle, at what point do you decide they've figured that out and we need to try something else?

What happened to "move the chains"?

I don't get it. I can handle the loss, and the sky isn't falling, but, hell, would it kill somebody to actually change the gameplan at halftime?

MOBB DEEP
09-23-2009, 06:40 PM

TT has to fire fatboy

Take it like a man, Mobb.

U know it KY...plus it WAS funny

rbaloha1
09-23-2009, 06:54 PM
If you can not stop third and 34 you deserve to lose.

Waldo
09-23-2009, 06:57 PM
If you can not stop third and 34 you deserve to lose.
The safety and ILB on that side of the field, were.....

At LB, everybodies favorite safety in a LB's body, the Chillarmatic.

And at S, the recently unemployed, Aaron Rouse.

Who was the closest to making the play 20 yards down the field, 305 lb DE Cullen Jenkins.

If he wouldn't have stripped the ball, he would have stopped the play.