PDA

View Full Version : Mason Crosby

Brando19
09-20-2009, 07:47 PM
Anyone else a little worried about Mason Crosby? I think he has excellent leg strength...but his accuracy has fell all to hell. He missed a 55 yarder that would have helped alot today and almost missed a chip shot. He struggled in the preseason, as well.

red
09-20-2009, 07:50 PM
55 yarder, enough said

i feel like i have to say this every week. you can't sit there and keep making this guy kick from 50+ yards all the time. you have to get him closer

Brando19
09-20-2009, 07:51 PM
55 yarder, enough said

i feel like i have to say this every week. you can't sit there and keep making this guy kick from 50+ yards all the time. you have to get him closer

I agree with that 100%. But...Mason has the leg strength...he missed it wide left. Wasn't even close. And he almost missed that chip shot.

GBRulz
09-20-2009, 07:52 PM
I don't consider the FG he made today a chip shot. It was a 45 yarder.

red
09-20-2009, 08:00 PM
its like a golf shot. if you take a nice and easy swing its gonna be pretty accurate

if you grip it and rip it the damn thing could end up 2 stadiums over

Deputy Nutz
09-20-2009, 08:04 PM
The guy has an injury right now, It is in his torso.

That 55 yarder could have only been a 45 yarder if Rodgers doesn't take a sack

Noodle
09-20-2009, 08:12 PM
The Deputy speaks truth. 55 yarders are a wish and a prayer. Sometimes they come true, but missing one doesn't make me worry about Crosby.

I do worry about Arod's situational awareness. He has to give up on the play earlier and just dump the ball at that point.

He's either trying to do too much or he's clueless. And i really don't think, as bright as he is, that he's clueless.

Brando19
09-20-2009, 08:13 PM

Thanks, Nutz. I did not know that. That explains it a bit.

ThunderDan
09-20-2009, 08:15 PM
It's OK to let him kick under 50 yards. It's like MM thinks that 57 is his range so he goes for the big play/first down instead of 7 or 8 to set-up a 45 yarder!!

Bretsky
09-20-2009, 08:35 PM

One thing that worried me today IMO was Rodgers lack of feeling for the game and the pass rush. Favre always excelled at that.

In the preseason I thought I was seeing Rodgers ability to feel the pass rush and get rid of the ball when he needed to

That was invisibile today and was one of the many reasons we lost.

Bretsky
09-20-2009, 08:36 PM
55 yarder, enough said

Didn't we pass up another shot at a 55 yarder or so after. Heck, I'd have let him try it again

I'm not worried about Crosby

Partial
09-20-2009, 08:36 PM

One thing that worried me today IMO was Rodgers lack of feeling for the game and the pass rush. Favre always excelled at that.

In the preseason I thought I was seeing Rodgers ability to feel the pass rush and get rid of the ball when he needed to

I agree 100%. The guy I saw as vastly improved in the PS looks to be back to his old ways. Not good for us fans :(

Bretsky
09-20-2009, 08:37 PM

I agree 100%. The guy I saw as vastly improved in the PS looks to be back to his old ways. Not good for us fans :(

And the shitty performance by the OL only makes that worse

Tyrone Bigguns
09-20-2009, 08:40 PM

What old ways was that? The old ways that got us 4000 yards in his first starting season?

It just gets so tiring with you.

Deputy Nutz
09-20-2009, 08:41 PM

What old ways was that? The old ways that got us 4000 yards in his first starting season?

Don't forget the 6 wins.

channtheman
09-20-2009, 10:22 PM

Don't forget the 6 wins.

Yeah especially when Favre is leading the Vikings to the SUPErBOWL!

Tyrone Bigguns
09-20-2009, 11:25 PM

Don't forget the 6 wins.

Yeah, i forgot that solely he was responsible for that.

It mite be nice if you could stay on topic. Partial is talking about Arod's old ways...that is stuff Arod can control, wins are not under Arod's control.

Cheesehead Craig
09-21-2009, 09:34 AM
Isn't this a thread about Crosby? Get the ARod crap out of here, there's about 8-9 other threads you can all yammer on about him.

Tarlam!
09-21-2009, 09:41 AM
What Craig said.

I am worried about the kicking. The 45er that he kicked barely missed the upright. Maybe it's the snapper or holder, but I don't feel comfortable at all when the kicking team takes the field.

Patler
09-21-2009, 09:58 AM
I'm not overly confident right now in the kicking game, but it is not that I am worried or down on Crosby. He's young, his snapper and holder are younger and his holder is very inexperienced. Right now they just don't have it together.

Crosby has a tremendous potential, it seems. Easily capable of 60 yarders, so even when bad weather comes he has the leg for 40 yarders when others may not. He is a good athlete, tough physically as evidenced by his tackling which is quite good; and tough mentally. You hear no complaints, no finger pointing from Crosby. He is getting better and better at kickoffs, now getting both distance and hang time. It seems like every FG he tries is from 45 or more yards out. That's tough duty, and with the inexperienced kicking team it is not quite there yet.

While I am not real confident on FG attempts right now, I am not particularly down on Crosby.