PDA

View Full Version : Any of you Packerrats hit?

Patler
09-21-2009, 08:20 AM
Have any of you been hit by a piece of it?
A piece of the sky, that is, which apparently began falling late Sunday afternoon.

Deputy Nutz
09-21-2009, 08:28 AM
Well let me see, all that thought this team was an offensive juggernut and was bound for the Super Bowl, I think they might be waking up out of their coma right about now.

What I love about Packer fans are their loyalty, but what cracks me up is their eternal optimsim. Hell each year I get caught up in it, even this year after the Arizona game.

I suggest from now on the "Wait and See Approach".

I really can't believe the Steeler and Patriot fans are really happy right now, but those teams had winning records last year, one of them won a Super Bowl last year. Those teams have reason to believe that they will get it back on track. The Packers, well this team that played against Cincy on Sunday looked no better than the 2008 Packers

sheepshead
09-21-2009, 08:30 AM
:)

Kiwon
09-21-2009, 08:41 AM
What? Farve has unretired and signed with another team? :shock:

Capers? 3-4 defense?

Where is Wahle and Riveria?

Ochocinco? What is a 'Ochocinco'? Somebody in orange doing a Lambeau Leap?

The world must be coming to an end.

Scott Campbell
09-21-2009, 08:42 AM
A piece of the sky, that is, which apparently began falling late Sunday afternoon.

Yes. Watching that O-line get manhandled for a 2nd week in a row was extremely disappointing.

Patler
09-21-2009, 08:50 AM
Well let me see, all that thought this team was an offensive juggernut and was bound for the Super Bowl, I think they might be waking up out of their coma right about now.

What I love about Packer fans are their loyalty, but what cracks me up is their eternal optimsim. Hell each year I get caught up in it, even this year after the Arizona game.

I suggest from now on the "Wait and See Approach".

I really can't believe the Steeler and Patriot fans are really happy right now, but those teams had winning records last year, one of them won a Super Bowl last year. Those teams have reason to believe that they will get it back on track. The Packers, well this team that played against Cincy on Sunday looked no better than the 2008 Packers

But "Wait and See" is not very fan-ish! :lol:

The eternal optimism of Packer fans is understandable. The franchise has been successful on the field since long before any of us were fans. There have been droughts, but there also have been long periods of outstanding play. Packer fans aren't merely hopeful that it will happen, they know that it will...eventually if not now. Packer fans are accustomed to rising from the ashes of disastrous seasons due to their own fan experiences and due to hearing the stories from their elders.

sheepshead
09-21-2009, 08:57 AM
Where is Wahle and Riveria?

I actually did see someone bring up Mike Wahle in this forum the last few weeks. :lol: :lol:

Tarlam!
09-21-2009, 08:59 AM
I'll be satisfied if we hit the bye week 2-2. I was hoping to have at least won both home games before the bye week, so now, I'm focussing my fan energy on the Rams.

The sky is not falling, it just got a little more fragile.

pbmax
09-21-2009, 09:08 AM
I only wish the piece of sky that fell on my couch had hit the TV instead, right before halftime.

On the other hand, I still got a lot done around the house yesterday. :lol:

oregonpackfan
09-21-2009, 09:44 AM
I miss Mike Sherman's consoling words of "We'll get that fixed!" :)

Patler
09-21-2009, 09:49 AM
I only wish the piece of sky that fell on my couch had hit the TV instead, right before halftime.

Me too, listening to the game on the radio, while recording it to watch later. It actually lets me watch it objectively and dispassionately, to see "what happened".

Take Grants performance, for example. Some complain, while others (I think correctly) point out that he had little room to run. If you can, watch the game again, and see how many times he was hit in the backfield, and how much yardage he picked up after the initial hit. I think he performed OK, with what he was presented with. Example from the 2nd quarter:

1st & 10 from the 10 - Grant for eight, on a decent carry.
2nd & 2 from the 18 - Grant gets hit at the 15, but gets back to the 18, no gain.
3rd & 2 from the 18 - Grant gets hit at the 16, but again gets back to the 18.

On the last two carries, 5 yards after contact for a net gain of a big fat zero. Earlier in the half, he was swarmed under by 3 players almost as he received the handoff for a loss of a couple. On several of his short gains, 2 or 3 yards came after initial contact. He also had a short run for the TD. With all of those, and few carries to boot, of course his average per carry was low. Only one play from the 1st half (I haven't yet watched the 2nd half) sticks out in my mind as a play that he did not get the yardage that was there. He was sort of breaking into the open in the 2nd quarter, and someone grabbed his ankle and he went down.

hoosier
09-21-2009, 10:15 AM

Yeah, me too, cleaned the entire family room while vacuuming up the hundreds of little silver plastic fragments that were once the TV remote.

Nah, not really. I had the good fortune of finding myself in southern Indiana where the Packers weren't part of the run of the mill cable package.

sheepshead
09-21-2009, 10:18 AM

OPF I think you called this one ...a trap game...nice call.

Fritz
09-21-2009, 10:23 AM
In the passion of the moment, I was very, very upset. Part of this came as a result of the sloppy play. The relentless penalties are upsetting.

Part of my disappointment comes because this is a team that has been built slowly, mostly through the draft, and these guys are supposed to be hitting their primes. The offensive line, for example, consists of a veteran left tackle, a fourth year left guard, a fourth year center, a second year right guard, and a third year right tackle.

This is about the time where they're supposed to be getting it figured out. This is no Will Whitticker situation - yet they looked like a bunch of Will Whittickers out there yesterday.

On the other hand, it's one game. Let's let it play out before we decide to fire everyone. If the injuries do not pile up too badly and the team still plays like crap for most of the year, well, then the nay-sayers will be right - it'll be time to take a very serious look at the entire program.

denverYooper
09-21-2009, 10:33 AM
Good topic. Before preseason started, two of our big questions were our O-Line and our D. There was a lot of discussion about how we might take time to adjust to a new D, etc. A lot of people had us pegged as an 8-8, 9-7 type team.

Then we became the preseason juggernaut and that all went by the wayside. Suddenly, the Packers became a championship team.

But now they're back to where they were: still trying to get it together on the O-Line and in transition on D.

pbmax
09-21-2009, 11:17 AM

A trap game with the St. Louis Rams coming up? Really? We lost our focus because we were thinking about the Rams?

mmmdk
09-21-2009, 01:31 PM
Good topic. Before preseason started, two of our big questions were our O-Line and our D. There was a lot of discussion about how we might take time to adjust to a new D, etc. A lot of people had us pegged as an 8-8, 9-7 type team.

Then we became the preseason juggernaut and that all went by the wayside. Suddenly, the Packers became a championship team.

But now they're back to where they were: still trying to get it together on the O-Line and in transition on D.

:jig: The dagger (post).

Waldo
09-21-2009, 01:35 PM
The eternal optimism of Packer fans is understandable. The franchise has been successful on the field since long before any of us were fans. There have been droughts, but there also have been long periods of outstanding play. Packer fans aren't merely hopeful that it will happen, they know that it will...eventually if not now. Packer fans are accustomed to rising from the ashes of disastrous seasons due to their own fan experiences and due to hearing the stories from their elders.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Perhaps it is that optimism that makes them one of the angriest fan bases whenever they lose a game.

A spillover perhaps from the offseason, when they are angry at all the moves, and feel entitled to tell everyone about it and spread it everywhere, because dammit, they own the team.

Patler
09-21-2009, 01:39 PM

Perhaps it is that optimism that makes them one of the angriest fan bases whenever they lose a game.

A spillover perhaps from the offseason, when they are angry at all the moves, and feel entitled to tell everyone about it and spread it everywhere, because dammit, they own the team.

Good point! Personal ownership of the success and failure....LITERALLY!

mmmdk
09-21-2009, 01:52 PM

Why doesn't the fans use that "angry" energy at Lambeau more? Lambeau spectators are lethargic if it ain't SNF or MNF.

retailguy
09-21-2009, 02:56 PM

Hilarious topic. It's just a game. Some days a frustrating game, but in the end - a game.

No sky falling here. Never had huge expectations, but to say they've fallen a bit for me wouldn't be unreasonable. Yeah it's week 2, but it's clear that they've got a ways to go. Further than I thought.

sheepshead
09-21-2009, 03:24 PM

A trap game with the St. Louis Rams coming up? Really? We lost our focus because we were thinking about the Rams?

No he called the Bengal game as such earlier in the week. I think it was him.

mraynrand
09-21-2009, 03:36 PM
... they've got a ways to go. Further than I thought.

They may not go as far as I thought. 14, maybe 15 more games instead of 16.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-21-2009, 04:46 PM

Good point! Personal ownership of the success and failure....LITERALLY!

The packer's inability to win games, fix the oline, etc...can only be blamed on OWNERSHIP. Time to fire the owners.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-21-2009, 04:47 PM

No he called the Bengal game as such earlier in the week. I think it was him.

Nope. I was the first.

Freak Out
09-21-2009, 04:48 PM
I'm Spartacus!

Fritz
09-21-2009, 04:56 PM
No, I'm Spartacus!

TravisWilliams23
09-21-2009, 05:06 PM
I did check out the sky this morning only because here in
Pennsylvania it was one of those "Red Sky in Morning - Sailor's Take Warning"
kind of sky. But, no, I didn't get his by any falling pieces of sky.

If this was already discussed, I apologize.
I thought the real turning point of the game was allowing the 3rd and 34
screen pass for a 1st down in the 2nd quarter.
Pack is up by 7 and they should have the ball back with a chance to go up
by 10 or 14 before halftime. Brutal.
That was a killer.

I think not having Raji to rotate the D-line hurt tremendously.
Collins and Clifton getting dinged and not returning hurt a lot.

Really pissed off about the lose but I suppose so are the Steeler's, Cowboy's, etc. etc, fans.

Hope for improvement vs the Rams.!

Tyrone Bigguns
09-21-2009, 05:12 PM
I'm Spartacus!

I'm not spartacus...put those two fools up on the cross. Ty is wit da Romans!!!

pbmax
09-21-2009, 05:39 PM
I did check out the sky this morning only because here in
Pennsylvania it was one of those "Red Sky in Morning - Sailor's Take Warning"
kind of sky. But, no, I didn't get his by any falling pieces of sky.

If this was already discussed, I apologize.
I thought the real turning point of the game was allowing the 3rd and 34
screen pass for a 1st down in the 2nd quarter.
Pack is up by 7 and they should have the ball back with a chance to go up
by 10 or 14 before halftime. Brutal.
That was a killer.

I think not having Raji to rotate the D-line hurt tremendously.
Collins and Clifton getting dinged and not returning hurt a lot.

Really pissed off about the lose but I suppose so are the Steeler's, Cowboy's, etc. etc, fans.

Hope for improvement vs the Rams.!
I am Spartacus.

Agree about the screen for a bleeping first down. Horrible. Chillar owned up to making a bad move to undercut the blocking and missing the tackle.

Still don't see it as a trap game. Rams are no more threatening (probably less) than the Bengals were thought to be. No excuse for looking past them.

retailguy
09-21-2009, 06:50 PM
No, I'm Spartacus!

I brought Sparticus into this world, and if he's not careful, I can damn sure take him out of it.

MJZiggy
09-21-2009, 07:13 PM
Blue skies and sunny...so we lost a game and my prediction for the year is shot. So we readjust. 18-1.

Fritz
09-23-2009, 07:10 AM
Looking at some other threads - Jamon Meredith is gone! The o-line is a disaster! We should have kept Anthony Smith! We hate Nick Barnett's celebration! - points up the little-old-lady nature of many Packer fans. Or maybe it's more like the dweeby, plaid-pants-wearing, acne-covered high school kid who grabs his wiener when he gets nervous.

I know this stuff is important to us. It's important to me. I get all freaked out when the team loses, for sure. I bitch. Bitching for a while is okay. Gets the frustration out.

However, some people are acting like rats (maybe that's why it's called Packerrats) jumping off a ship. We're doomed! If they don't start firing coaches now it's all over! I knew this was coming! We shoulda, we shoulda, we shoulda. Some folks seem more interested in crowing that they knew all along this team would be lousy than in discussing the team's prospects for turning it around.

Hey, maybe the team will suck again. It certainly looks like a team that has the capacity to suck badly. If that happens, Mark Murphy needs to take a close look. Is the talent not what the organization thought it was? Is the talent there but the coaching lacking? There will be time for that.

And it's fine to ask questions, to question coaches, players. Sure. But in the context of winning, getting better. But this whole "See? I told ya they'd suck! This is all _____'s fault!" is that crazy finger pointing stuff that doesn't result in much good after the initial relief from bitching.

My point of view is that after reading the articles in the papers with the coaches' quotes, it seems like every facet of the game is being played poorly now - yet this team lost by a touchdown.

So if McCarthy and the players can improve some in each area this week - just some - this team ought to win. And that gives them another week to improve some more before facing Minnesota.

It's not over yet. Sure, it might be at some point, but it's not clear yet that this team is untalented or irredeemable.

pbmax
09-23-2009, 07:33 AM
Looking at some other threads - Jamon Meredith is gone! The o-line is a disaster! We should have kept Anthony Smith! We hate Nick Barnett's celebration! - points up the little-old-lady nature of many Packer fans. Or maybe it's more like the dweeby, plaid-pants-wearing, acne-covered high school kid who grabs his wiener when he gets nervous.

I know this stuff is important to us. It's important to me. I get all freaked out when the team loses, for sure. I bitch. Bitching for a while is okay. Gets the frustration out.

However, some people are acting like rats (maybe that's why it's called Packerrats) jumping off a ship. We're doomed! If they don't start firing coaches now it's all over! I knew this was coming! We shoulda, we shoulda, we shoulda. Some folks seem more interested in crowing that they knew all along this team would be lousy than in discussing the team's prospects for turning it around.

Hey, maybe the team will suck again. It certainly looks like a team that has the capacity to suck badly. If that happens, Mark Murphy needs to take a close look. Is the talent not what the organization thought it was? Is the talent there but the coaching lacking? There will be time for that.

And it's fine to ask questions, to question coaches, players. Sure. But in the context of winning, getting better. But this whole "See? I told ya they'd suck! This is all _____'s fault!" is that crazy finger pointing stuff that doesn't result in much good after the initial relief from bitching.

My point of view is that after reading the articles in the papers with the coaches' quotes, it seems like every facet of the game is being played poorly now - yet this team lost by a touchdown.

So if McCarthy and the players can improve some in each area this week - just some - this team ought to win. And that gives them another week to improve some more before facing Minnesota.

It's not over yet. Sure, it might be at some point, but it's not clear yet that this team is untalented or irredeemable.
I like to hold off being rational until Thursday at the earliest (more work gets done after a loss) but for the Team and the Rats, I am willing to give it a try.

Cullen Jenkins is still playing quite well. Wells filled in nicely. Rodgers has just one throw up for grabs despite a lot of pressure. Donald Lee, in the tradition of aging Packer TEs, has become a good blocker. I cannot believe I ever doubted Woodson. I have never seen a running back dance that much and be as successful as Cedric Benson, hopefully they squash the next one that tries that.

MichiganPackerFan
09-23-2009, 08:26 AM

I'm pretty damn sure its all your fault Fritz.

Seriously though, nice post. The teams not as good as everyone thought after the preseason (Wist excluded) and not as bad as everyone thinks now. Certainly need some depth, but there's no sure crystal ball that says exactly who we're going to lose to injury. You can play the odds with the injury risks. I think they kept all 3 FB hoping to get trade value rather than no value, hoping to get more from the trade than what they had on the roster. It's a mess if Clifton is out for a while..

cheesner
09-23-2009, 09:29 AM

Seriously though, nice post. The teams not as good as everyone thought after the preseason (Wist excluded) and not as bad as everyone thinks now. Certainly need some depth, but there's no sure crystal ball that says exactly who we're going to lose to injury. You can play the odds with the injury risks. I think they kept all 3 FB hoping to get trade value rather than no value, hoping to get more from the trade than what they had on the roster. It's a mess if Clifton is out for a while..

There is still plenty of season left. The talent is still there. In my opinion, the coaching on offense (especially on the line) has been poor. I am not sure if it is lack of motivation or skills, but our OL needs to play better. MM has shown to be a better coach than that, so I think it will be improved as the season goes on. Packer fans are so knee jerk it is ridiculous. A never ending swinging pendulum. I guarantee you that if the Packers win 20 games in a row, and then get blown out by a bad team on the 21st, there would be people posting similar posts as we have seen this last week, questioning TT, MM, and the players.

Relax people. This team can still be potentially dominant. Personally, I think we are going to get there. Maybe this year we only hit 'very good' and go deep in the playoffs and next season we dominate. But we have a lot of talent - even on the offensive line. It just isn't clicking right now, but it will get there.

Packgator
09-23-2009, 11:04 AM

At approximately 5 PM Sunday evening I was sitting on a lawn chair in the backyard finishing a phone call. When the call ended I got up and began walking toward the house. I was about 15 feet from the chair when I heard the explosion behind me. I turned to look and saw to my horror that a large "piece" had landed where just seconds earlier I had been calmly sitting. The chair was completely destroyed and all that remained was a smoldering crater in the ground.

I instinctively started running for cover as I glanced at the sky to see if more "pieces" were about to hit. "Go faster", I thought, as I struggled to find more speed. It's amazing what the brain can process in just milliseconds when under such duress. As I begged my legs for more speed, I thought, "The sky can't be falling, it's only been two games".

I had gone about ten steps when I took a second look toward the sky. This time my eyes were able to communicate to my brain that there was nothing more in the heavens except a few peaceful clouds. To my relief there were no more "pieces" falling. As I slowed to a walk a sudden calm came over me as I realized there is another game this week.

I was lucky. It was just a lone stray "piece". I later learned there were other such incidents all over Packerland. Some much worse than my experience. I hope my terrifying incident will help illustrate the very real danger in screaming "the sky is falling" just two weeks into the season.

KYPack
09-23-2009, 11:08 AM
The sky might not be falling, but Aaron Rouse did just get hit in the back of the head by a chunk of space debris.

packrulz
09-23-2009, 11:41 AM

Why doesn't the fans use that "angry" energy at Lambeau more? Lambeau spectators are lethargic if it ain't SNF or MNF.
Were you at the game? I was and I'm still a little hoarse from all the yelling. I thought it was pretty loud for an open air stadium.

packrulz
09-23-2009, 11:49 AM

There is still plenty of season left. The talent is still there. In my opinion, the coaching on offense (especially on the line) has been poor. I am not sure if it is lack of motivation or skills, but our OL needs to play better. MM has shown to be a better coach than that, so I think it will be improved as the season goes on. Packer fans are so knee jerk it is ridiculous. A never ending swinging pendulum. I guarantee you that if the Packers win 20 games in a row, and then get blown out by a bad team on the 21st, there would be people posting similar posts as we have seen this last week, questioning TT, MM, and the players.

Relax people. This team can still be potentially dominant. Personally, I think we are going to get there. Maybe this year we only hit 'very good' and go deep in the playoffs and next season we dominate. But we have a lot of talent - even on the offensive line. It just isn't clicking right now, but it will get there.
Now that I've calmed down I've reminded myself that they were tied at the half and could've tied it at the end, so they really weren't blown out. One thing that pisses me off though, why aren't they grooming a young LT to take over when Clifton retires? He hasn't been able to practice for 2 years because he has bad knees and shoulders, TT knows that. I don't like shifting the whole line every time one of them tweaks an ankle. Get Lang or Giacomni or whatever ready to play, it didn't take Joe Thomas 3 years to learn the job. M3 needs to get them some snaps.

Fritz
09-23-2009, 01:53 PM
"I'm pretty damn sure its all your fault Fritz."

Just before the season began I started a thread asking people whom we should blame if the Packers sucked this year.

Whie the season is young, it is clear that I wanted us to be prepared for disaster, and so I am glad that MichiganPackerFan is prepping for this 'just-in-case scenario.

At this point, it seems, based on the board in general, that Mike McCarthy is running first, with Ted Thompson a close second. The offensive line is running third.

I posited that it's really all Jeff Jagodzinski's fault, and while there's still time to turn it all around, I'm feeling good about that choice should the team continue to lose.

The offensive line sucks right now. Jags was retained specifically to teach the ultra-double-top-secret zone blocking scheme, and he left after only one year.

The zone blocking never "took," and now our offensive line looks like crushed ice, not block ice.

I blame jags should the season go south.

KYPack
09-23-2009, 02:15 PM

MMM,

How much does phony team spirit really help?

I mean, I hate all these "Louder at Lambeau" dillweeds.

Yeah, support the team & all, but will we get one molecule advantage by the whole stadium screaming like loons?

I doubt it.

Make it loud, but don't force it, football fans

pbmax
09-23-2009, 02:20 PM

At approximately 5 PM Sunday evening I was sitting on a lawn chair in the backyard finishing a phone call. When the call ended I got up and began walking toward the house. I was about 15 feet from the chair when I heard the explosion behind me. I turned to look and saw to my horror that a large "piece" had landed where just seconds earlier I had been calmly sitting. The chair was completely destroyed and all that remained was a smoldering crater in the ground.

I instinctively started running for cover as I glanced at the sky to see if more "pieces" were about to hit. "Go faster", I thought, as I struggled to find more speed. It's amazing what the brain can process in just milliseconds when under such duress. As I begged my legs for more speed, I thought, "The sky can't be falling, it's only been two games".

I had gone about ten steps when I took a second look toward the sky. This time my eyes were able to communicate to my brain that there was nothing more in the heavens except a few peaceful clouds. To my relief there were no more "pieces" falling. As I slowed to a walk a sudden calm came over me as I realized there is another game this week.

I was lucky. It was just a lone stray "piece". I later learned there were other such incidents all over Packerland. Some much worse than my experience. I hope my terrifying incident will help illustrate the very real danger in screaming "the sky is falling" just two weeks into the season.
Just so you know, I'm betting against you should we lose ten games this year. Your YPC "Yards Per Crater" average is horrible.

MichiganPackerFan
09-23-2009, 05:16 PM

Just before the season began I started a thread asking people whom we should blame if the Packers sucked this year.

Whie the season is young, it is clear that I wanted us to be prepared for disaster, and so I am glad that MichiganPackerFan is prepping for this 'just-in-case scenario.

At this point, it seems, based on the board in general, that Mike McCarthy is running first, with Ted Thompson a close second. The offensive line is running third.

I posited that it's really all Jeff Jagodzinski's fault, and while there's still time to turn it all around, I'm feeling good about that choice should the team continue to lose.

The offensive line sucks right now. Jags was retained specifically to teach the ultra-double-top-secret zone blocking scheme, and he left after only one year.

The zone blocking never "took," and now our offensive line looks like crushed ice, not block ice.

I'm pretty sure I made a post on that thread blaming you as well. Of course I think I also blamed a whole list of things, including global warming, just to preserve my inherent right to bitch and cast inappropriate blame. Except on you. That blame is appropriate.

pbmax
09-23-2009, 05:23 PM

I'm pretty sure I made a post on that thread blaming you as well. Of course I think I also blamed a whole list of things, including global warming, just to preserve my inherent right to bitch and cast inappropriate blame. Except on you. That blame is appropriate.
Its a little known fact that Fritz caused the Stock Market crash in 1929 when he complained about the service at a cafeteria in Kalamazoo.

Freak Out
09-24-2009, 11:27 AM
What happened to Justin Harrell (the Poster)?

MJZiggy
09-24-2009, 04:00 PM
He probably calculated his risk of getting banned after a performance like that and decided that it's just not a good week to be here.

Packgator
09-25-2009, 12:28 AM

Just so you know, I'm betting against you should we lose ten games this year. Your YPC "Yards Per Crater" average is horrible.

You're right. My "YPC" isn't what it needs to be. I scored very high in the "crater run" at the combine but I've obviously lost a step (or two) since. I guess they're right when they say "the knees are the first to go".

Packgator
09-25-2009, 12:29 AM
What happened to Justin Harrell (the Poster)?

Maybe he wasn't as lucky as I was.....and he got hit by one of the sky is falling "pieces".

Fritz
09-25-2009, 02:15 PM

Its a little known fact that Fritz caused the Stock Market crash in 1929 when he complained about the service at a cafeteria in Kalamazoo.

What PB says about my causing the stock market crash of '29 is true. But oh, what a girl, in kalamazoo-zoo-zoo-zoo-zoo.

Freak Out
09-25-2009, 07:46 PM
She was with the Russians.....

Fritz
09-25-2009, 07:51 PM
You're not old enough to get the reference.

Be thankful, Freak.

MJZiggy
09-25-2009, 07:56 PM
You guys do realize that if the sky falls, you just get a little fog, right?

Tyrone Bigguns
09-25-2009, 07:58 PM

Be thankful, Freak.

Didn't Miller play with ELP one time? Or was ty really, really, really high?

pbmax
09-25-2009, 08:01 PM
You guys do realize that if the sky falls, you just get a little fog, right?
The International Space Station has got to land somewhere Zig.

My bet is that it lands on Packgator. He's already been targeted.

pbmax
09-25-2009, 08:06 PM

Be thankful, Freak.
She's a real pipperoo ...

woodbuck27
09-26-2009, 06:32 AM
He probably calculated his risk of getting banned after a performance like that and decided that it's just not a good week to be here.

:lol:

Fritz
09-26-2009, 08:42 AM

Be thankful, Freak.

Didn't Miller play with ELP one time? Or was ty really, really, really high?

Glenn Miller disappeared in 1944 and was never found, so unless he pulled an Elvis and came back years later to hang out with ELP, then no.

But Gene Krupa sat in with them a few times.

woodbuck27
09-26-2009, 08:52 AM

It could be worse or us at 0-2. The Bears dominated us overall in the stat's dept. and a big play between Rodgers and Jennings pulled that game to us.

By far the majority here felt the Bengals would be a cake walk but this is one of the teams expected to show improvement. The Packers coaching staff needed to prepare the team for a team the had to defeat not expect to beat. Carson Palmer and Cedric Benson and Ouchouchcheenow had big games as well as Odam 'five sacks', YIKES (after Chad Clifton went out).

The OL! Where is the back up plan? After Clifton who is the man prepared to play LT? Where is the growth on this OL overall? When will the 'D' ever stop the run?

IMO. These questions underline the big picture with our team and until they are properly addressed the Packers will stumble. We'll go into St. Louis and win but the real test will come the following week (the Vikings) and we need to end that week at 3-1 for a spiritual lift or be optimistic that we finish at eight wins.

GO PACKERS!

Fritz
09-26-2009, 09:37 AM
What I'm finding interesting in this whole early season narrative is that there appear to be some cracks in the coaching staff - hints that players feel there is some favoritism for roster spots, hints that some players are not happy with how coaches are handling some things (see today's Raji story).

A solid win today will quiet some of that. A loss would not wreck the season, but it would go a long way toward doing just that if there turns out to be more grumbling.

Go Pack go!

mraynrand
09-26-2009, 10:19 AM
What I'm finding interesting in this whole early season narrative is that there appear to be some cracks in the coaching staff - hints that players feel there is some favoritism for roster spots, hints that some players are not happy with how coaches are handling some things (see today's Raji story).

A solid win today will quiet some of that. A loss would not wreck the season, but it would go a long way toward doing just that if there turns out to be more grumbling.

Go Pack go!

A solid win by whom? BC? Michigan? Ohio State?

get louder at lambeau
09-26-2009, 02:02 PM

MMM,

How much does phony team spirit really help?

I mean, I hate all these "Louder at Lambeau" dillweeds.

Yeah, support the team & all, but will we get one molecule advantage by the whole stadium screaming like loons?

I doubt it.

Make it loud, but don't force it, football fans

Hey, I resemble that remark. :mrgreen:

If you don't think crowd noise gives the team "one molecule advantage", you're just plain wrong. You've never seen a false start caused by crowd noise? A QB unable to audible out of a bad play who had to take a time out? It doesn't happen at Lambeau.

Lambeau can get reasonably loud, but nothing like it could be. There are too many fat, grumpy, lazy old soccer moms in the stands. And then there are the women.http://fc02.deviantart.com/images3/i/2004/11/3/e/Rim_Shot_emoticon.gif

packrulz
09-26-2009, 03:00 PM
Why doesn't TT take a look at Runyan?

2009-09-12 10:03:02
Sal Paolantonio, of ESPN, reports free-agent OT Jon Runyan (Eagles) said he is feeling great following microfracture surgery in February and is ready to play for a team. 'I'm ready to play,' Runyan said. 'I'd just need a week of practice to get my timing down and I'd be ready.'
Source: KFFL.com

2009-09-26 11:33:02
The Associated Press reports the Philadelphia Eagles are keeping their options open with free-agent OT Jon Runyan (Eagles), who worked out for the team two weeks ago. 'I thought Jon did a nice job when he was in,' head coach Andy Reid said. 'I want to keep everything open and evaluate.'
Source: KFFL.com

Gunakor
09-26-2009, 03:42 PM
Why doesn't TT take a look at Runyan?

I think most of us Packer fans are split on whether Runyan is even worth a look. I agree with you that it couldn't hurt, lord knows someone with that kind of experience couldn't be any worse than Barbre at RT. I don't think he's spent a whole lot of time at LT, so if you're looking for a fill in for Cliffy while he's out this might not be the best choice. Still, I'd bring him in for a look. Anything that could improve our pass pro would be a welcome addition at this point.