PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre - Viking's new "O" Manager??

Packers4Ever
09-21-2009, 10:51 AM
Just saw it on ESPN, Favre has been named Offensive manager of the MN Vikings !

I guess Zygi (owner's name?) felt they needed new hands in the

way the offense has been handled. Pretty drastic move to make if ESPN has

gotten a tip ? from someone !!

sheepshead
09-21-2009, 10:55 AM
I dont know , looks like Darryl and Chilly have been playing to their strengths thus far. Cant say the same for us.

MOBB DEEP
09-21-2009, 12:12 PM
Interesting stat

Favre's passing yards per game is 32nd in the league

His total passing yards is 30th in the league

His qb rating is 2nd in league....wow....

3 tds.... NO ints

Packers4Ever
09-21-2009, 12:40 PM
I dont know , looks like Darryl and Chilly have been playing to their strengths thus far. Cant say the same for us.

Now don't you wonder where these hot news stories get going? Obviously no one else heard the ESPN story I did (some film in there) so someone's been
playing around or we would know a lot more by now !

Scott Campbell
09-21-2009, 12:46 PM
Just saw it on ESPN, Favre has been named Offensive manager of the MN Vikings !

I guess Zygi (owner's name?) felt they needed new hands in the

way the offense has been handled. Pretty drastic move to make if ESPN has

gotten a tip ? from someone !!

The perfect receptacle for breaking Bert Favre news:

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=14117

FritzDontBlitz
09-21-2009, 01:22 PM
Well, after being totally shut down for the first two quarters Minnesota's offense looked totally different in the second half. Someone must have realized how stupid it was to be paying a QB $12 million to keep handing the ball to your RB when there's 9 in the box and single coverage on the outside. Even if this ESPN rumor is true, I still don't see Favre flinging it around like he did with the Packers but Minnesota should definitely start utilizing play action a lot more.

Patler
09-21-2009, 01:58 PM
There are a lot of things about his performance to date that are, well, odd, especially for Favre, including:.

-29th most attempts (48) but 4th most sacks (7). Since Manning and Pennington are behind him, and they play tonight, it is likely that he will be #31 in attempts after two weeks. He has taken some good hard hits, too.

pbmax
09-21-2009, 02:26 PM
Why isn't this news anywhere else? Is it possible you misheard this?

Or I am just missing a game manager joke? :?:

MOBB DEEP
09-21-2009, 02:36 PM
There are a lot of things about his performance to date that are, well, odd, especially for Favre, including:.

-29th most attempts (48) but 4th most sacks (7). Since Manning and Pennington are behind him, and they play tonight, it is likely that he will be #31 in attempts after two weeks. He has taken some good hard hits, too.

Their Oline sucks too...

mngolf19
09-21-2009, 02:59 PM

Their Oline sucks too...

I'll have to disagree with you on the OL. 1. They are a running team so their OL strength is in run blocking. 2. Each team they have played thus far has blitzed like crazy. Can't block those all day long. But I expect that to change here soon as teams also can't continue to get burned blitzing.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-21-2009, 05:25 PM
this is a packer forum, stop posting this shit.

If you insist...we have one thread dedicated to Bert.

Deputy Nutz
09-21-2009, 05:35 PM

I see, you are the dicktator around here.

Chevelle2
09-21-2009, 05:39 PM

He's right in this case though.

Deputy Nutz
09-21-2009, 05:41 PM

You can be Vice Dicktator.

falco
09-21-2009, 07:34 PM

And you can be the king dicklicker.

Scott Campbell
09-21-2009, 07:40 PM

You guys are all being a bunch of dickburgers.

Bretsky
09-21-2009, 07:42 PM
If only GB was so loaded with talent that as all we needed was a game manager at QB :lol:

Tyrone Bigguns
09-21-2009, 07:46 PM

1. Curious how you didn't address this to Scott.

2. Wow. look that spelling. How clever!

3. Ty is right, established policy.

mmmdk
09-21-2009, 07:49 PM

You guys are all being a bunch of dickburgers.

...I can't believe it ain't mayo!

This is sick - who started this? :lol:

Scott Campbell
09-21-2009, 07:50 PM

I assume its because I'm slightly less annoying.

falco
09-21-2009, 07:51 PM

That or he didn't want the Harlan treatment for the next five years... :lol:

Scott Campbell
09-21-2009, 07:53 PM

That or he didn't want the Harlan treatment for the next five years... :lol:

I really need to start being nicer to Harlan again.

Maybe next season.

gex
09-21-2009, 08:00 PM

Wrong again, go and count how many threads on the first 5 pages are not about this Packer team. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Tyrone Bigguns
09-21-2009, 08:10 PM

Wrong again, go and count how many threads on the first 5 pages are not about this Packer team. :oops: :oops: :oops:

They aren't about Bert, are they? That was the point.

Or do you want to go back to the days of 30 diff Bert threads?

Dabaddestbear
09-21-2009, 11:45 PM

Once again..you care.. :wink:

Dabaddestbear
09-21-2009, 11:48 PM

So sensitive are we? :roll:

Tyrone Bigguns
09-21-2009, 11:58 PM
Wow, might be the worst at trolling i've ever seen.

pasquale
09-22-2009, 12:01 AM
Wow, might be the worst at trolling i've ever seen.

QFT

Packers4Ever
09-22-2009, 09:29 PM
Well, after being totally shut down for the first two quarters Minnesota's offense looked totally different in the second half. Someone must have realized how stupid it was to be paying a QB $12 million to keep handing the ball to your RB when there's 9 in the box and single coverage on the outside. Even if this ESPN rumor is true, I still don't see Favre flinging it around like he did with the Packers but Minnesota should definitely start utilizing play action a lot more.

I hear ya, FDB, I think MN was getting pretty desperate and Favre was available - granted, at more than a few bucks, but they had to do something or heads will roll ! The big question is- will Brett make it through the season?

Looks like somebody at ESPN jumped the gun with that report! :P

GrnBay007
09-22-2009, 10:38 PM

:roll:

Funny, did you post the same about threads on ...

Vick
Jake Long
Urlacher
Garcia
Williams boys
Tom Brady
Merriman
Plaxico
Etc.
Etc.
?
Don't dis Packers4Ever over a BF thread unless you want to police every OT thread. It was harmless.

pbmax
09-22-2009, 11:13 PM

Vick
Jake Long
Urlacher
Garcia
Williams boys
Tom Brady
Merriman
Plaxico
Etc.
Etc.
?
Don't dis Packers4Ever over a BF thread unless you want to police every OT thread. It was harmless.
Shenanigans I say! Jake Long was directly related to the Packers as we clearly needed to find an XexcuseX historic parallel for Barbre's mime work as a turnstile in Week 1.

I will post about another non-Packer tackle as soon as I can discover another team that replaced its LT due to injury mid-year and won the Super Bowl beside the '96 Packers.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-23-2009, 12:05 AM

Vick
Jake Long
Urlacher
Garcia
Williams boys
Tom Brady
Merriman
Plaxico
Etc.
Etc.
?

No, but i would like to...and have expressed that feeling numerous times. Those threads will die..they are newsy items that have a shelf life. BF is an ongoing thing.

But, it mite be nice if you could follow along...do all of those have 1 thread for each...no. Stop with the BS, you know we have one BF thread for a reason.

Or, do you want to go back to having 30-40 BF threads again. Sheesh. Get over your crush.

P.S. your indignation mite hold some water if you had directed it at the first person who stated what i did. :roll:

SnakeLH2006
09-23-2009, 03:19 AM

Snake would rather go to 30 "Bert (you cool ass naming innovator of great ass dick-head names) Threads"...........................

before I saw you post up (condescending hate/know-it-all BS/fuck you guys I saw this first/fuck the Admin he has it out for me/I'm the man, you aren't) BS types posts AGAIN! Your posts just suck.....and don't entertain ANYONE.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-23-2009, 03:36 AM

Snake would rather go to 30 "Bert (you cool ass naming innovator of great ass dick-head names) Threads"...........................

before I saw you post up (condescending hate/know-it-all BS/fuck you guys I saw this first/fuck the Admin he has it out for me/I'm the man, you aren't) BS types posts AGAIN! Your posts just suck.....and don't entertain ANYONE.

More from you again. Awesome. More drunken babbling...go ahead and make a fool of yourself again.

You were wrong that time as well...go back and read what i wrote..you totally misinterpreted. But, what else is new.

Blah, blah, blah.

Here you are calling me out...when SC first stated it..and posters are backing what i'm saying.

And, instead of handling it in a professional manner or PM, you just rant and rave. Yep, you a shining example of forum decorum.

P.S. You actually think you entertain folks. BWAHH!!!

SnakeLH2006
09-23-2009, 03:50 AM
Blah, blah, blah.

Here you are calling me out...when SC first stated it..and posters are backing what i'm saying.

I'm not trying to entertain any. I for one like SC. You for one, just attack every RAT poster. You act like you are smarter then all. You may be, but your personal attacks suck. Get back to Packer football, but you can't. You just attack post after post. What purpose do you serve, Ty? It's sad, really. You have such smarts, but choose to use those skills to attack/debase/recollect how you are smarter than all of us. Post after post. Go on.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-23-2009, 03:58 AM
Blah, blah, blah.

I'm not trying to entertain any. I for one like SC. You for one, just attack every RAT poster. You act like you are smarter then all. You may be, but your personal attacks suck. Get back to Packer football, but you can't. You just attack post after post. What purpose do you serve, Ty? It's sad, really. You have such smarts, but choose to use those skills to attack/debase/recollect how you are smarter than all of us. Post after post. Go on.

You arent' trying to entertain? LOL Dude, at least man up.

I haven't attacked anyone..and in this thread i didn't attack the poster...i simply said that we didn't need more Bert threads..but, if the poster wanted to...put it in the existing thread.

More bs from you. You are caught looking like a fool..you arent' the admin...he hasn't said anything...so, who are you. And, you were wrong the last time. I wasnt' attacking partial...and god knows what else your stupid rant was about.

I've been abiding by the rules....why don't you try as well. Guess after Mad, and your little explosion..you need a new target. Funny, only one person is blowing up on this forum...and it is you.

SnakeLH2006
09-23-2009, 04:08 AM
Blah, blah, blah.

I'm not trying to entertain any. You were the guy ranting on me with personal ass insults left and right. I didn't respond, as no one did (no one likes you). I for one like SC. You for one, just attack every RAT poster. You act like you are smarter then all. You may be, but your personal attacks suck. Get back to Packer football, but you can't. You just attack post after post. What purpose do you serve, Ty? It's sad, really. You have such smarts, but choose to use those skills to attack/debase/recollect how you are smarter than all of us. Post after post. Go on.

I haven't attacked anyone..and in this thread i didn't attack the poster...i simply said that we didn't need more Bert threads..but, if the poster wanted to...put it in the existing thread.

More bs from you. You are caught looking like a fool..you arent' the admin...he hasn't said anything...so, who are you. And, you were wrong the last time. I wasnt' attacking partial...and god knows what else your stupid rant was about.

I've been abiding by the rules....why don't you try as well. Guess after Mad, and your little explosion..you need a new target. Funny, only one person is blowing up on this forum...and it is you.

More BS, eh, Ty? You were the one to attack. I never responded to said attacks (many)....and couldn't care less. I doubt I look the fool, as you, my friend look more and more like an ass EVERY time you post. Snake takes it apon himself to call it out as it is. NEVER looked the fool for that. It's truth. You just call out EVERYONE EVERY post to look smart. That's not cool. I ain't gonna say what I know, but I doubt the Admin looks at you with favor calling him out on every other post. Shit.

All you do is post after post...call out peeps, try and look hard, then go who me?....when someone calls you out, Ty. Snake is no angel, but hell, all you do is call peep out on EVERY thread. If you can't see that, that is why you are on shaky ass ground. Go with that. That's all you got going for ya. Snake won't miss ya, and can't think of anyone that's got your back. Got plenty that got Snake's' back. Quit pissing everyone off...maybe you'll last a month. Damn. Quit being such a dick.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-23-2009, 04:26 AM
Blah, blah, blah.

I'm not trying to entertain any. You were the guy ranting on me with personal ass insults left and right. I didn't respond, as no one did (no one likes you). I for one like SC. You for one, just attack every RAT poster. You act like you are smarter then all. You may be, but your personal attacks suck. Get back to Packer football, but you can't. You just attack post after post. What purpose do you serve, Ty? It's sad, really. You have such smarts, but choose to use those skills to attack/debase/recollect how you are smarter than all of us. Post after post. Go on.

More BS, eh, Ty? I doubt I look the fool, as you, my friend look more and more like an ass EVERY time you post. Snake takes it apon himself to call it out as it is. NEVER looked the fool for that. It's truth. You just call out EVERYONE EVERY post to look smart. That's not cool. I ain't gonna say what I know, but I doubt the Admin looks at you with favor calling him out on every other post. Shit.

All you do is post after post...call out peeps, try and look hard, then go who me?....when someone calls you out, Ty. Snake is no angel, but hell, all you do is call peep out on EVERY thread. If you can't see that, that is why you are on shaky ass ground. Go with that. That's all you got going for ya. Snake won't miss ya, and can't think of anyone that's got your back. Got plenty that got Snake's' back. Quit pissing everyone off...maybe you'll last a month. Damn. Quit being such a dick.

Yes. More BS. First the partial thing....god, knows what that was about.

Yes, we see you take it upon yourself. Great. I forgot when we elected you forum police.

Who am i calling out? Have i called you? And, are those i have called out not able to speak up? Let's see...called out KY. Nope. SC. Nope. Skin. Nope. Patler. Nope. Cheesehead. Nope. Gex. Nope. Who the fuck am i calling out?

Admin. WTF. Who is calling him out? I'm not calling him out. Man, you must be really drunk...again. I'm sorry about your mom..but, you better handle your shit. Go ahead with what you know? Same shit as with madtown. More explosions.

Again, more of your snake is cool...people got your back, ty has nobody..watch out...i'm just sayin....more bs.

Why don't you go back to postin about football. Because that's all i've been doing. Nobody needs you as the new Justice League.

The only one calling me out is you on this packer forum. You. And, the funniest part is...not one post has been directed at you. Ok, supercop.

SnakeLH2006
09-23-2009, 04:32 AM
Blah, blah, blah.

More BS, eh, Ty? I doubt I look the fool, as you, my friend look more and more like an ass EVERY time you post. Snake takes it apon himself to call it out as it is. NEVER looked the fool for that. It's truth. You just call out EVERYONE EVERY post to look smart. That's not cool. I ain't gonna say what I know, but I doubt the Admin looks at you with favor calling him out on every other post. Shit.

Yes, we see you take it upon yourself. Great. I forgot when we elected you forum police.

Who am i calling out? Have i called you? And, are those i have called out not able to speak up? Let's see...called out KY. Nope. SC. Nope. Skin. Nope. Patler. Nope. Cheesehead. Nope. Gex. Nope. Who the fuck am i calling out?

Admin. WTF. Who is calling him out? I'm not calling him out. Man, you must be really drunk...again. I'm sorry about your mom..but, you better handle your shit. Go ahead with what you know? Same shit as with madtown. More explosions.

Again, more of your snake is cool...people got your back, ty has nobody..watch out...i'm just sayin....more bs.

Why don't you go back to postin about football. Because that's all i've been doing. Nobody needs you as the new Justice League.

The only one calling me out is you on this packer forum. You. And, the funniest part is...not one post has been directed at you. Ok, supercop.

LOL. I could couldn't care less what your problems are as EVERY post you do, TY, is a problem.

I'm going to bed. All you do is attack/defend/justify....WHO CARES? No one, but you. Must suck defending your posts at a 50% rate? I could care less. Won't know you soon, Ty, for good. Later and good luck. Trust me, big guy. Nice knowing ya.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-23-2009, 04:34 AM
Blah, blah, blah.

LOL. I could couldn't care less what your problems are as EVERY post you do, TY, is a problem.

I'm going to bed. All you do is attack/defend/justify....WHO CARES? No one, but you. Must suck defending your posts at a 50% rate? I could care less. Won't know you soon, Ty, for good. Later and good luck. Trust me, big guy. Nice knowing ya.

Dude,

You are a first rate psychotic. Making shit up right and left about me attacking the admin. Find one post since i've returned where i've done so.

Just one.

Pugger
09-23-2009, 01:14 PM
My QB rating would be that high if I had a RB like Peterson to hand off to also. *yawn*

MOBB DEEP
09-23-2009, 05:59 PM
My QB rating would be that high if I had a RB like Peterson to hand off to also. *yawn*

Blame TT..