PDA

View Full Version : NFL Trade

HarveyWallbangers
04-06-2006, 02:55 PM
Saints trade LT Gandy to Falcons for safety Scott
By Len Pasquarelli, ESPN.com

ATLANTA -- Filling one of their biggest remaining offseason needs, the Atlanta Falcons on Thursday afternoon reached an agreement to acquire New Orleans left offensive tackle Wayne Gandy in a trade that sends three-year veteran safety Bryan Scott and an undisclosed draft choice to the Saints.

The trade, unusual in that it involves division rivals, is expected to be completed on Friday when the pertinent paperwork is forwarded to the league offices.

MJZiggy
04-06-2006, 03:00 PM
For a second I read that wrong and thought it said Wayne Grady. Got a picture in my head of Wayne Brady breaking into song as the ball is snapped. Now it won't go away, but it looks pretty funny.

Damned paint fumes.

Rastak
04-06-2006, 03:05 PM
For a second I read that wrong and thought it said Wayne Grady. Got a picture in my head of Wayne Brady breaking into song as the ball is snapped. Now it won't go away, but it looks pretty funny.

Damned paint fumes.

Who the heck is Wayne Grady?

MJZiggy
04-06-2006, 03:12 PM
No one. The mis-read name Wayne Grady brought an image of Wayne Brady.

Rastak
04-06-2006, 03:17 PM

Sorry, now who the bloody 'ell is Wayne Brady?

Charles Woodson
04-06-2006, 03:18 PM

Sorry, now who the bloody 'ell is Wayne Brady?

*shoots Rastak in the head 4 times*

MJZiggy
04-06-2006, 03:20 PM
Go on ABC Family one night and watch the 5 hours of continuous Whose Line Is It Anyway, and I'm sure he'll be on there somewhere.

Rastak
04-06-2006, 03:23 PM
Go on ABC Family one night and watch the 5 hours of continuous Whose Line Is It Anyway, and I'm sure he'll be on there somewhere.

Hmm, that would be my first trip ever there....I rarely watch TV.....some sports, some music, a little more sports..or a dvd movie or concert....I have no idea who Wayne Brady is......

Anyway, Gandy is a pretty decent OG....interesting trade.

gbpackfan
04-06-2006, 03:25 PM
So they traded their tackle. Does this mean they are thinking about D'Brick?

Rastak
04-06-2006, 03:28 PM
So they traded their tackle. Does this mean they are thinking about D'Brick?

Oops, yea he's a tackle.....that's an interesting thought...trade down two spots with NY and take him with #4?

Spaulding
04-06-2006, 03:48 PM
So are you thinking this potentially then means:

1. Texans - Bush
2. Jets (trade up with Saints) - Leinart
3. Titans (panic) - Young instead of Williams
4. Saints - D'Brick
5. Packers - Williams?

Rastak
04-06-2006, 03:58 PM
So are you thinking this potentially then means:

1. Texans - Bush
2. Jets (trade up with Saints) - Leinart
3. Titans (panic) - Young instead of Williams
4. Saints - D'Brick
5. Packers - Williams?

I think that's a strong possibility. Or the Saints convince the Titans that the Jets are willing to deal and then they make a trade with them.

gary schmitz
04-08-2006, 12:55 PM
I like your thinking, Mr. Bojangles. If you trade a very solid left tackle, then you'd be likely (I hope) to take Ferguson, leaving the Jets to take Leinart, and the Titans to take Young, perhaps. Williams at #5 would be very nice.