PDA

View Full Version : Foxsports Power Rankings

channtheman
09-23-2009, 03:07 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

Some notables

8. Vikings - NO WORRIES: They never have to worry about trying to tackle Adrian Peterson. After two weeks, it's Peterson vs. Drew Brees for league MVP.
TIME TO WORRY: Don't get all hot and bothered over the Vikes yet, not after beating two of the league's three worst teams so far — and trailing at halftime against both teams.

15. Packers - NO WORRIES: Aaron Rodgers and the offense appear in midseason form, throwing darts all over the field.
TIME TO WORRY: That new-and-improved Packers 3-4 defense got shredded by a Bengals team that scored just seven points in Week 1 against Denver.

17. Bears - NO WORRIES: Now that's why Bears fans went B-A-N-A-N-A-S, bananas all summer long in anticipation of watching Jay Cutler captain their team. Cutler came through in Week 2 to avoid an 0-2 start with a flawless fourth quarter in the rain against the defending champion Steelers.
TIME TO WORRY: Where's that Bears running game? Matt Forte has been underground this season, averaging just 2.2 yards per carry and totalling 84 yards in two games.

30. Lions - NO WORRIES: Matt Stafford and the Lions are fighting hard, and actually held the lead against the Vikings into halftime of Week 2.
TIME TO WORRY: Why be Mr. Pouty over a team that has lost 19 straight games and 25 of the last 26 games?

I just don't see how anyone who has watched either of the Packers games can say that the offense looks to be in "midseason form." If anything, I would say it has been our offense that cost us the Bengals game and almost the Chicago game.

If you actually look at it in the Chicago game we had like a 1 yard scoring drive so really that hardly counts. Same with the Bengals game which also included an INT for a TD. So our offense scored 10 points against the Bengals and 15 against the Bears. So wow a whole 25 points in 2 games and when you factor in the drops our offense doesn't really look like midseason form.

SnakeLH2006
09-23-2009, 03:11 AM
No homer shit...but Packers should be top 10 regardless of that BS loss.

Gunakor
09-23-2009, 04:51 AM
So wow a whole 25 points in 2 games and when you factor in the drops our offense doesn't really look like midseason form.

The drops lend credence to your argument. The points do not. It's 2 top 10 defenses we faced to open up the season, and the Cincy defense looked to be in midseason form too.

I think, overall, 15 is a fair power ranking for Green Bay at this time. None of the questions entering this season have been answered yet. At the same time, just going by who beat who, we just beat Chicago and Chicago just beat the reigning Super Bowl Champions. So while many questions remain to be answered, it's tough to take too much away from this team.

MichiganPackerFan
09-23-2009, 08:14 AM
I'm always entertained by the power rankings, but they don't mean shit. And fox's mean less than shit when their is NO credibility.

"Aaron Rodgers and the offense appear in midseason form, throwing darts all over the field."

Obviously the author hasn't seen a game since the preseason, so why would his ranking have any credibility whatsoever?

Cheesehead Craig
09-23-2009, 08:30 AM
So wow a whole 25 points in 2 games and when you factor in the drops our offense doesn't really look like midseason form.

The drops lend credence to your argument. The points do not. It's 2 top 10 defenses we faced to open up the season, and the Cincy defense looked to be in midseason form too.
By what measurement is Cincy's defense a top 10 unit?

If you're just going by yardage that's such an erroneous measuring stick to judge a defense or offense on. I hate when a team's performace is just judged by yardage and other important stats like ppg, penalties, 3rd down % and pass rushing (sacks and hurries) are completely dismissed.

Pugger
09-23-2009, 12:03 PM
All these power rankings do is get people excited. In reality they are the author's opinion. The only ranking that means anything is the one after the Super Bowl...

Tarlam!
09-23-2009, 12:08 PM
Pugger, can you please stop being so lucid? I have enough trouble dealing with the fact that Zig, PiP, Michele and Seven know more about football than I. Now, you come along.

Is there no girl poster that can at least pretend to be blonde??

gbgary
09-23-2009, 12:39 PM
I'm always entertained by the power rankings, but they don't mean shit. And fox's mean less than shit when their is NO credibility.

"Aaron Rodgers and the offense appear in midseason form, throwing darts all over the field."

Obviously the author hasn't seen a game since the preseason, so why would his ranking have any credibility whatsoever?

he's comparing this season to last season's mid point. he's correct...we couldn't put drives together last season either.

Pugger
09-23-2009, 12:43 PM
Pugger, can you please stop being so lucid? I have enough trouble dealing with the fact that Zig, PiP, Michele and Seven know more about football than I. Now, you come along.

:lol: :lol: Do I even dare tell him I wear a blonde wig on occasion? :wink:

mmmdk
09-23-2009, 01:06 PM

That might be but their player judgement get slippery when wet...

swede
09-23-2009, 03:58 PM

That might be but their player judgement get slippery when wet...

They seem unusually well-informed about the tight ends on the team, no matter what position.

Gunakor
09-24-2009, 01:43 AM

If you're just going by yardage that's such an erroneous measuring stick to judge a defense or offense on. I hate when a team's performace is just judged by yardage and other important stats like ppg, penalties, 3rd down % and pass rushing (sacks and hurries) are completely dismissed.

Cincy's defense has been very solid for several seasons now. They were #12 last year. #12, top 10, I really don't see much difference. Boy, they sure looked good on Sunday, didn't they?

MOBB DEEP
09-24-2009, 04:43 AM

BINGO

Zool
09-24-2009, 09:36 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/math/7/e/1/7e1c2cd07bca10ab874c0ed8bc09657b.png

Finally I've found the formula used for power ranking!

MJZiggy
09-24-2009, 04:05 PM

I could dye it, but it's not gonna make me any dumber.

Zool
09-24-2009, 04:09 PM

I could dye it, but it's not gonna make me any dumber.

Are you saying thats not possible?

MJZiggy
09-24-2009, 04:48 PM
No, I'm saying that I'm so damned smart that even blonde I'd be smarter than you guys! :mrgreen:

Cheesehead Craig
09-24-2009, 07:28 PM

Cincy's defense has been very solid for several seasons now. They were #12 last year. #12, top 10, I really don't see much difference. Boy, they sure looked good on Sunday, didn't they?
Again, by what measurement?

GrnBay007
09-24-2009, 10:10 PM

I'm sure I don't know as much about football as you Tarlam....and I am blonde. Happy? :D :P

The Power Rankings are fun...and they do get people excited. They are a form of entertainment. At one time or another we've probably all dogged our fellow Bear fan co-workers when the Packers rank far above the Bears. :D

SnakeLH2006
09-25-2009, 12:52 AM
Snake loves blondes. 007 gets Snake excited. :huh: No??