PDA

View Full Version : Singletary

MOBB DEEP
09-23-2009, 07:37 PM
How the heck is this bama 6-1 as head coach?

I would LOVE to have him as pack coach - man's man

Tyrone Bigguns
09-23-2009, 07:39 PM
Never let the facts get in your way. Sigh.

mission
09-23-2009, 07:40 PM
Yeah, but is he from Pittsburgh? Didn't think so. :roll:

:cry:

MOBB DEEP
09-24-2009, 06:13 AM
LOL

gbgary
09-24-2009, 09:51 AM
i like him. he's sure turn the niners around.

Noodle
09-24-2009, 10:05 AM
It's an intersting question. I'm guessing his role model may be less Ditka and more Buddy Ryan, who really had an amazing football mind.

Just gettin' in a guy's grill kind of thing isn't enough in the NFL. So in between dropping his trousers and stuff, the dude must rock some pretty serious Xs and Os.

KYPack
09-24-2009, 10:22 AM
It's an intersting question. I'm guessing his role model may be less Ditka and more Buddy Ryan, who really had an amazing football mind.

Just gettin' in a guy's grill kind of thing isn't enough in the NFL. So in between dropping his trousers and stuff, the dude must rock some pretty serious Xs and Os.

X's and O's and fundamental, gut bucket technique. MS knows what each and every player must do on every defensive play from a football technique standpoint to execute his job. And he strenuously insists they employ the proper technique on each and every play.

If they don't, it ain't good enough for him and he will find somebody who will do the job right.

He's Buddy Ryan's son by a different daddy and follows that shit 100%. He knows every trick the old boy knew and makes damn sure his players play that way.

Freak Out
09-24-2009, 11:23 AM
So if the Pack implodes this season (which is something I'm not wishing for BTW) and M3 is given the boot do we make a run at Cower? What is he going to want to come back besides lots of money?

red
09-24-2009, 11:57 AM
maybe m3 needs to drop his pants at halftime to gain his teams respect

like singletary did

Fritz
09-24-2009, 01:08 PM
maybe m3 needs to drop his pants at halftime to gain his teams respect

like singletary did

What if he tries that but the team laughs at what they see?

Then the season is over, right then.

Don't do it, Mike!

Noodle
09-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Well, he doesn't have to compete with Shiancoe, but I have to agree that he's not likely to come off as the cock of the walk in an NFL locker room.

So I'd counsel keeping those trousers buttoned.

MJZiggy
09-24-2009, 04:13 PM
If any of them want an objective opinion, I can always give it a good looksee for them...lol

AtlPackFan
09-25-2009, 12:04 PM
So if the Pack implodes this season (which is something I'm not wishing for BTW) and M3 is given the boot do we make a run at Cower? What is he going to want to come back besides lots of money?

Ted Thompson's job too.

Freak Out
09-25-2009, 01:43 PM

Ted Thompson's job too.

Aaaahhh.....I had no idea he wanted full control over the team.

Fritz
09-25-2009, 01:46 PM
If any of them want an objective opinion, I can always give it a good looksee for them...lol

Are you certified in this field?

AtlPackFan
09-25-2009, 04:07 PM

Ted Thompson's job too.

Aaaahhh.....I had no idea he wanted full control over the team.

Actually, I was joking...I don't know for sure. But didn't Cowher have full control at Pittsburg??? I don't remember.

MJZiggy
09-25-2009, 06:32 PM

Are you certified in this field?

I didn't know they had certifications!! I'm going to need to study up...so to speak.

Fritz
09-25-2009, 06:53 PM
I believe that Skin has some useful material in a garbage can thread...

KYPack
09-25-2009, 07:04 PM

Pecker Checker!

( I believe this is the 2nd time I've called you that, but this time I mean it!)

Fritz
09-25-2009, 07:13 PM
KY, your avatar seems to be smiling even wider than usual!

MJZiggy
09-25-2009, 07:38 PM

Pecker Checker!

( I believe this is the 2nd time I've called you that, but this time I mean it!)

Wonder what that title pays...I may have missed my calling! :lol:

Fritz
09-25-2009, 07:40 PM
He meant "Packer checker." Really.

woodbuck27
09-26-2009, 06:41 AM

MJ?

MJZiggy
09-26-2009, 08:26 AM

MJ?

Yes?

woodbuck27
09-26-2009, 08:55 AM

MJ?

Yes?

Your interesting. :lol:

MJZiggy
09-26-2009, 08:56 AM

MJ?

Yes?

Your interesting. :lol:

Eh. I've been called worse.

pbmax
09-26-2009, 09:19 AM
KY, your avatar seems to be smiling even wider than usual!
I am surprised its not blushing.

MJZiggy
09-26-2009, 09:43 AM
I'm merely trying to do what's best for my team!! It's all about the team, man! :lol:

Pugger
09-26-2009, 12:52 PM

Let's both go in there for a looksee Zig! :lol: :lol:

mission
09-26-2009, 01:35 PM

Now that's what I'm talkin bout, Pugs... tag team action! :P

MJZiggy
09-26-2009, 02:41 PM

I'm trying to decide whether it would be more beneficial for us to go drinking before or after our "shift..."

Tyrone Bigguns
09-26-2009, 03:22 PM

I'm trying to decide whether it would be more beneficial for us to go drinking before or after our "shift..."

You really need to get laid Zig. :lol:

MJZiggy
09-26-2009, 03:32 PM
Thank you, Captain Obvious.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-26-2009, 04:28 PM
Thank you, Captain Obvious.

Don't take out your frustration on me.....wait, i'm not sure i mean that. :lol:

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 03:00 PM
Coach of the year thus far

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 03:26 PM

Really? Over a Jets team with a rookie QB playing in a much tougher division.

Lemme guess...Singletary was your frat brother.

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 05:02 PM

lol...naw, talk about oreo....

But FAVRE made jets who they are!

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 05:03 PM

Yes, Bert did...made them miss the playoffs.

MJZiggy
09-27-2009, 05:04 PM

He was there for one forgettable season.

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 05:07 PM

Because i followed nyj all season i KNOW he instilled a certain swag in them that mangini's miserable tail couldnt...now that rex is there they can capitalize on new-found mentality...same players there and favre led them to AT LEAST taste elite status for 11 games!

MJZiggy
09-27-2009, 05:13 PM
Right before he got the coach canned. Maybe a new coach an QB have something to do with it?

bobblehead
09-27-2009, 05:19 PM

Because i followed nyj all season i KNOW he instilled a certain swag in them that mangini's miserable tail couldnt...now that rex is there they can capitalize on new-found mentality...same players there and favre led them to AT LEAST taste elite status for 11 games!

Now that is funny. When BF leaves a team and they go 6-10 its all cuz we miss him. When he leaves and they start off on fire its cuz he instilled a swagger in the team.

woodbuck27
09-27-2009, 05:22 PM

and he played the last hald dozen games with a damaged wing MJ. Mangini started him despite that. The Jets got fined. Favre was all they really had. You'll get it eventually. :D

MJZiggy
09-27-2009, 05:25 PM
I'm fully aware of that, Buck, it still makes it no less ridiculous to claim that Favre made the current Jets what they are.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 05:25 PM

Sure he did. Nice of you to diminish the other free agents that arrived prior to favre.

Funny, mangini's miserable tail did the exact same when pennington was healthy.

Same players. Well, that ain't true at all. First, new coach. Second, they have new qb who favre never lead. Third, lito sheppard wasn't there last year. Fourth, Bart Scott wasn't there last year. Fifth, jim leonhard wasn't there last year.

Bert had nothing to do with the Jet's being the #1 defense in the league right now.

Gunakor
09-27-2009, 05:27 PM

and he played the last hald dozen games with a damaged wing MJ. Mangini started him despite that. The Jets got fined. Favre was all they really had. You'll get it eventually. :D

They had a healthy Kellen Clemens that could have played. He's not Brett Favre when he's healthy, but I'm sure he'd be no worse than Brett Favre with a broken wing. Doesn't change the fact that it was one forgettable season, and most Jets fans would agree. Go to one of their fan forums. See if I'm lying.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 05:34 PM

Nice fairy tale.

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 05:37 PM

Sure he did. Nice of you to diminish the other free agents that arrived prior to favre.

Same players. Well, that ain't true at all. First, new coach. Second, they have new qb who favre never lead. Third, lito sheppard wasn't there last year. Fourth, Bart Scott wasn't there last year. Fifth, jim leonhard wasn't there last year.

Bert had nothing to do with the Jet's being the #1 defense in the league right now.

SERIOUSLY Ty, all year the locals were sweating Fvare's influence on team...

Yeah, I may have oversatated what that means for this year but i TOTALLY disagree with MJ that what he did there was "forgettable"

Thats ALL i will say.....I followed them HARD though whereas SOME folk here only look at last few games when Lord was HURT!

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 05:37 PM

Now that is funny. When BF leaves a team and they go 6-10 its all cuz we miss him. When he leaves and they start off on fire its cuz he instilled a swagger in the team.

Good point i will admit Bobble

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 05:39 PM

Good point too....i see u DO know some things son...

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 05:43 PM

SERIOUSLY Ty, all year the locals were sweating Fvare's influence on team...

Yeah, I may have oversatated what that means for this year but i TOTALLY disagree with MJ that what he did there was "forgettable"

Thats ALL i will say.....I followed them HARD though whereas SOME folk here only look at last few games when Lord was HURT!

He didn't do anything for them. No playoffs, no continuity...the only thing he did was sell merch.

Influence....faneca, woody, ellis, jones...those guys didn't get nothing from favre.

To quote Ron Wolf...favre was "a fart in the wind"

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 05:45 PM

Good point too....i see u DO know some things son...

You ain't my daddy, don't be callin me son...unless you got some back child support, birthday money, or you givin me a car. :lol:

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 05:45 PM
MS says he's looking toward seeing Vikes again!

He is the man, basically guranteeing playoff birth

MJZiggy
09-27-2009, 05:57 PM

Who's pregnant?

denverYooper
09-27-2009, 06:01 PM

Who's pregnant?

My wife is! 27 weeks :).

MJZiggy
09-27-2009, 06:04 PM
Congratulations!!

MOBB DEEP
09-28-2009, 02:54 AM

Who's pregnant?

LMBO