PDA

View Full Version : Packers/Vikings MNF game moved to Lambeau?

Cheesehead Craig
09-24-2009, 12:41 PM
I have no link for this, but the sports director of the Twin Cities NBC affiliate had said on a morning radio show that should the Twins and Tigers tie for the division, the playoff game is in MN on Monday night, 10/5. He stated that the GB/MN game would get moved to Lambeau that night instead as MLB will not change their schedule due to that it would throw off their overall playoff schedule.

It would really be tough to pull off a noon game and then get the Dome ready for football that night, assuming MLB would even do a noon game for something like that.

Anyone else hear something about this?

Rastak
09-24-2009, 12:53 PM
Word is the NFL has priority over anything but the World Series so the game will not be moved.

Zool
09-24-2009, 01:36 PM
What Ras said. Pioneer Press mentioned this. Its in the Vikings lease with the dome specifically. If there is a playoff game between the Twins and Detroit, I would suspect it to be played in Detroit or a neutral field. Possibly Miller Park. Didnt the Cubs have a game at Miller a couple years ago as a neutral site?

Freak Out
09-24-2009, 01:40 PM
The only way that game is moved is the Humpty Dump gets blown up or something similar.

Bossman641
09-24-2009, 01:49 PM
What Ras said. Pioneer Press mentioned this. Its in the Vikings lease with the dome specifically. If there is a playoff game between the Twins and Detroit, I would suspect it to be played in Detroit or a neutral field. Possibly Miller Park. Didnt the Cubs have a game at Miller a couple years ago as a neutral site?

I believe it was last year. Z threw a no hitter against the Astro's. Got moved due to a hurricane.

Sparkey
09-24-2009, 02:38 PM
Correct,

It was an Astros home game, played in a stadium only 70 miles from Chicago. lol

mngolf19
09-24-2009, 04:56 PM
I have no link for this, but the sports director of the Twin Cities NBC affiliate had said on a morning radio show that should the Twins and Tigers tie for the division, the playoff game is in MN on Monday night, 10/5. He stated that the GB/MN game would get moved to Lambeau that night instead as MLB will not change their schedule due to that it would throw off their overall playoff schedule.

It would really be tough to pull off a noon game and then get the Dome ready for football that night, assuming MLB would even do a noon game for something like that.

Anyone else hear something about this?

It's already been settled. MLB would push the game to Tues.