PDA

View Full Version : Raji tweaks ankle yesterday, questionable for Sunday..

imscott72
09-25-2009, 01:40 PM
Per Bedard tweet. Just what we need. Is it too early to give him the Justin Harrell tag? :?

Freak Out
09-25-2009, 01:42 PM
:(

Fritz
09-25-2009, 01:47 PM
Yes, it's too early.

imscott72
09-25-2009, 01:49 PM
Yes, it's too early.

Yea I was being sarcastic, but man, when we going to get this guy on the field? God knows we desperately need him in there..

pbmax
09-25-2009, 02:02 PM
Did he violate the two injury rule in College? Someone on here has determined through rigorous analysis that no college prospect who had two significant injuries in college has ever made a dent in the Pros.

Anthony Munoz is just the exception that proves the rule.

Guiness
09-25-2009, 02:04 PM
Really too bad. I was looking forward to seeing him.

I wouldn't have expected much, but just would've like to see him on the field. It's like we've got a new toy we can't play with!

Speaking of Harrell...I've lost track. What's up with him? IR, right?

imscott72
09-25-2009, 02:05 PM
Speaking of Harrell...I've lost track. What's up with him? IR, right?

Yep..

SkinBasket
09-25-2009, 02:21 PM
Fat guys hurt a lot. He'll have to learn to strengthen his appendages or play through it or become another fat failure.

gbpackfan
09-25-2009, 03:08 PM
Jesus Christ. Wrap it up and get out there already. This is getting stupid.

SkinBasket
09-25-2009, 03:17 PM
That whore Lori Nickle is reporting he practiced today and wants to play. Apparently he's begging the coaches to let him on the active roster.

Gunakor
09-25-2009, 03:27 PM
If he wants to play and is begging to be on the gameday roster, then I don't think toughness is in question. He's got the right attitude. Can't really put him in the same class as Harrell if the only thing keeping him off the field is a coaching decision. If he's confident he can play through the pain and play effectively, and I'd expect as much from a top 10 pick unless he were truly too injured to be effective, then they gotta let him play.

Brandon494
09-25-2009, 03:44 PM

Only thing stupid is your post, clearly you have never played any sport in your life if you think you can just wrap up a sprain ankle and be fine.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-25-2009, 05:27 PM
Did he violate the two injury rule in College? Someone on here has determined through rigorous analysis that no college prospect who had two significant injuries in college has ever made a dent in the Pros.

Ty thinks some RB up in minny also was hurt quite a bit in college, but ty is unsure how he is doing so far. :roll:

Waldo
09-25-2009, 05:34 PM

Only thing stupid is your post, clearly you have never played any sport in your life if you think you can just wrap up a sprain ankle and be fine.

Clearly. You know they've only been letting him go full go in practice now for 2 1/2 weeks on it.

How's he managing to get through practice?

Rastak
09-25-2009, 05:37 PM

Clearly. You know they've only been letting him go full go in practice now for 2 1/2 weeks on it.

Clearly if he can practice then he'll be fine going full speed in a game.

McCarthy must run some damn intense practices to equate that to the speed of a game.

Waldo
09-25-2009, 05:46 PM

McCarthy must run some damn intense practices to equate that to the speed of a game.

If physical activity is a concern about reinjury, why is he practicing? Let him heal.

He's just taking reps away from the guys that are actually going to play.

A lose-lose situation.

Rastak
09-25-2009, 05:49 PM

If physical activity is a concern about reinjury, why is he practicing? Let him heal.

He's just taking reps away from the guys that are actually going to play.

A lose-lose situation.

Ah, then we actually agree. Limping around practice, playing full speed and holding up and being effective in a game is two dfifferent things entirely.

Waldo
09-25-2009, 05:57 PM
1/3 of every football team is nursing little hurts right now.

Heck Wood played 2007 with a season long turf toe, 2008 with a broken toe.

Many Packers regularly play much more banged up than Raji is.

He hasn't had a noticable limp, walking or running, in 2 weeks.

Rastak
09-25-2009, 06:09 PM

Not what I read.

http://www.fantasysp.com/nfl_player_news/B.J._Raji/archive/09-2009/

[+] September 21st 2009 1 Updates
2:00 PM EST (1)
1. Packers | Raji injury update
Source (kffl.com) (NT - gb) | 0 comments.
Tom Pelissero, of the Green Bay Press-Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers head coach Mike McCarthy said DL B.J. Raji (ankle) is still not at 100 percent and continues to run with a limp.

Fritz
09-25-2009, 06:58 PM

Heck Wood? Wasn't he a linebacker with the Chicago Cardinals back in the day?

pbmax
09-25-2009, 07:48 PM

Ty thinks some RB up in minny also was hurt quite a bit in college, but ty is unsure how he is doing so far. :roll:
Ty, your sarcasm detector is faulty. Check the batteries. :wink:

Tyrone Bigguns
09-25-2009, 08:00 PM

How so? I was joining in.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-25-2009, 08:02 PM

Awesome, the annual hurt vs. injured argument. Yeah!!!!

pbmax
09-25-2009, 08:09 PM

Damn these rechargeable batteries don't hold a charge for beans, tap ...tap...tap
:oops:

Tyrone Bigguns
09-25-2009, 08:11 PM

Damn these rechargeable batteries don't hold a charge for beans, tap ...tap...tap
:oops:

Growing old ain't for sissies. :wink:

Fritz
09-25-2009, 08:36 PM
Ty, your remarks hurt me.

No, they injure me.

No, wait, they hurt me.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-25-2009, 08:40 PM
Ty, your remarks hurt me.

No, they injure me.

No, wait, they hurt me.

Every poster by this time of the season is hurting. :wink:

denverYooper
09-25-2009, 10:33 PM
I do Kinda wonder if they're planning something for the Vikes game wrt Raji.

Capital K on the Kinda b/c I don't know how much a guy with zero actual game reps could make a significant impact.

Rastak
09-26-2009, 08:12 AM
Let's see what Dom Capers thinks.....hmmm, he took my position on the matter....(or I took his I guess..... :D )

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/61589562.html

But can't the Packers just tape up that ankle and let a 23-year-old play through it? Isn't that the benefit of youth?

"Theoretically, I guess," said Capers. "This is such a game where things happen so fast, if you're going three-quarters and everyone else is going full speed, you probably aren't going to be very effective."

Fritz
09-26-2009, 08:35 AM
If a player like a lineman lost a hand to amputation, god forbid, would they tape it up and send him out there?

pbmax
09-26-2009, 08:39 AM
If a player like a lineman lost a hand to amputation, god forbid, would they tape it up and send him out there?
Don't ask Ronnie Lott that question.

Fritz
09-26-2009, 09:54 AM
Well, Jarrett Bush seems to play every week without using his head, so what's a couple of fingers?

MJZiggy
09-26-2009, 10:03 AM
Well, Jarrett Bush seems to play every week without using his head, so what's a couple of fingers? :lol: :lol:

mraynrand
09-26-2009, 10:16 AM
I do Kinda wonder if they're planning something for the Vikes game wrt Raji.

I hope it has something to do with winning