PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL Packers @ Rams game thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

GrnBay007
09-26-2009, 11:29 PM
Didn't see a game thread yet and we are 12 hours out from game time!!!

In keeping with PR tradition, game thread till Packers have a loss, GBR handed the torch to me. :D

Few things....

-This will be Aaron Rodgers' first game in St. Louis.

-Charles Woodson picked off two Carson Palmer passes last Sunday and took one of the picks 37 yards to paydirt — his seventh career interception return for a touchdown. Woodson has 21 INT since joining the Packers in 2006 — tied with two others for most in the league during that span.

-The Rams were beaten, 9-7, by the Redskins in Week 2 (their 12th consecutive loss) and are just 5-29 since the beginning of 2007. :shock:

That last point kinda scares me .....hope they are not "due" for a win.

GO PACK!!!!! :cow:

Tarlam!
09-27-2009, 02:08 AM
You do realize when I started game threads it was in the 13-3 season?

CaliforniaCheez
09-27-2009, 06:30 AM
The Rams will try to control the clock with their running game.

The Packers can score with their passing game.

If the Packers defense can't get off the field due to penalties, bad gambles, and sloppy play they can get embarrassed.

If Ryan Grant continues to be his inept self things will go badly.

Public opinion will not go up much for a win against the Rams. It can go down a lot with a loss.

Chiller playing his old team will be far more motivated than Barnett who is small and weak.

They have to win this Conference game.

The Packers can't look any worse than they did last week and they are playing away from Lambeau Field so they should perform better.

Gunakor
09-27-2009, 07:53 AM
Didn't see a game thread yet and we are 12 hours out from game time!!!

In keeping with PR tradition, game thread till Packers have a loss, GBR handed the torch to me. :D

Few things....

-This will be Aaron Rodgers' first game in St. Louis.

-Charles Woodson picked off two Carson Palmer passes last Sunday and took one of the picks 37 yards to paydirt — his seventh career interception return for a touchdown. Woodson has 21 INT since joining the Packers in 2006 — tied with two others for most in the league during that span.

-The Rams were beaten, 9-7, by the Redskins in Week 2 (their 12th consecutive loss) and are just 5-29 since the beginning of 2007. :shock:

That last point kinda scares me .....hope they are not "due" for a win.

GO PACK!!!!! :cow:

They aren't due for a win. They might be due for more than 2 TD's, but that's even a stretch. They only have one horse on offense, their QB sucks now and their fans all know it, and they are incapable of scoring points. It's a long, long way from The Greatest Show on Turf.

It's funny, I visited their local newspapers' website, and there it was. A picture of Kurt Warner under center for the Cardinals. I LOL'ed at that one.

It appears Deacon Jones will be on the sidelines for their home opener this afternoon, which should fire that team up a bit more than usual. Even for a home opener. That is just a little worrisome, but not a whole lot considering the guys they put on the field.

As an aside, it appears the Rams' fans are very, very grateful to us Packer fans. It was only due to an assist from the Packer faithful that travel so well with the team on the road that the game has sold out, thus allowing that game to be aired locally in the St. Louis market. Look for lots of cheeseheads in the stands this afternoon.

MichiganPackerFan
09-27-2009, 08:12 AM
What's the best way to keep up with these game threads? Separate window and repeated CTRL+R ?

Rastak
09-27-2009, 08:17 AM
Hitting refresh button works for me.

Rams pass rush has been crap so I look for Rodgers to have a bit more time this Sunday. I like Green Bay in this one....let's just say if the Rams generate a bunch of pressure I'd go panic mode if I were you guys. I'm not expecting that. I'll keep one on on the scoreboard today.

Rastak
09-27-2009, 08:30 AM
Wow.....looking at Total offense ranks so far this season....Yikes....

27th Vikings
28th Packers
31st Rams

pbmax
09-27-2009, 09:02 AM
Wow.....looking at Total offense ranks so far this season....Yikes....

27th Vikings
28th Packers
31st Rams
Yes the offensive braintrust currently in residence at Lambeau always take their sweet time to get going. In general, the defense has lived up to higher expectations (better, not great) and the offense has being running in sand. The positive is that the talent is there for improvement.

Rastak
09-27-2009, 09:11 AM
Ok, enjoy the game today guys and gals. Heading out for the pre-game festivities.

Tony Oday
09-27-2009, 09:34 AM
both lines need to show up and play.

Grant can't run without holes no back can.

AR can't find the WR and TE if he doesn't have time.

Our LBs will look bad again if the DL can't tie up blockers.

This game is all about the trenches and missed FGs

Waldo
09-27-2009, 10:02 AM
NFL.Games.Packers.2009.Rams = Blowout

We win by 20+

GrnBay007
09-27-2009, 10:42 AM
Can't get the game here today. :( Heading out to a sportsbar with friends to watch! :D

GO PACK!! :cow:

Freak Out
09-27-2009, 10:52 AM
Time to go slaughter the Lambs. :)

Lets go Packers!

BallHawk
09-27-2009, 11:02 AM
If we don't win by at least 2 TDs....there may be a problem.

MJZiggy
09-27-2009, 11:06 AM
If we win by 1 point, I'll be fine with it unless we play horridly (think of the Skins fans and media howling all week, after a win, because the only reason they won is because they tried slightly less hard to lose).

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 11:11 AM
If we don't win by at least 2 TDs....there may be a problem.

Expect to see full squad in temple tonite....you bitches got some atoning to do.

Chevelle2
09-27-2009, 11:13 AM
Flynn enters for mop-up duty....the good kind of mop-up duty.

Packers - 45
Rams - 17

falco
09-27-2009, 11:14 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/27/bj-raji-will-make-nfl-debut-sunday/

Fritz
09-27-2009, 11:24 AM
Okay, for all you "OH-my-god-they-cut-Anthony-Smith-not-Rouse" people, your man Anthony Smith, the valuable backup safety of the St. Louis Rams, who had an entire training camp to become intimate with the Packers' offensive sets . . . is inactive today.

Inactive. I-n-a-c-t-i-v-e. He will not play. Not as a starter, not as a backup.

What will they do if one of their starters gets hurt?

Oh, and Mr. Chemisty is inactive, too.

And, on the Pack side, Raji is active. Let's see if he contributes and if he can keep from making the ankle worse.

Go Pack go!

falco
09-27-2009, 11:37 AM
If Bill Cowher returns to coaching next year, should the Packers make a play for him?

What if he wants control over personnel decisions?

Tony Oday
09-27-2009, 11:42 AM
If Bill Cowher returns to coaching next year, should the Packers make a play for him?

yes as a coach if he can work with Dom no on personnel decisions alone...he should have input not final say.

pasquale
09-27-2009, 11:43 AM

Did he GM in Pittsburg?

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 11:46 AM

Did he GM in Pittsburg?

no

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 11:49 AM
Okay, for all you "OH-my-god-they-cut-Anthony-Smith-not-Rouse" people, your man Anthony Smith, the valuable backup safety of the St. Louis Rams, who had an entire training camp to become intimate with the Packers' offensive sets . . . is inactive today.

And, on the Pack side, Raji is active. Let's see if he contributes and if he can keep from making the ankle worse.

Go Pack go!

Smith: TT still sucks.

Mr. Chemistry chose to be inactive.

Ruvell, in addition to picking which team he would like to start for...now has the complete confidence of spagnuolo to decide which games he would like to play in, as well as which particular plays he would like to participate in.

Perhaps when either DD or Jennings becomes a dominant run blocker they too will be afforded that opportunity.

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 11:58 AM
LETS FRICKN GOOOOOO.....!!!

Tony Oday
09-27-2009, 11:58 AM

Go Pack go!

Ruvell, in addition to picking which team he would like to start for...now has the complete confidence of spagnuolo to decide which games he would like to play in, as well as which particular plays he would like to participate in.

Perhaps when either DD or Jennings becomes a dominant run blocker they too will be afforded that opportunity.

and they will also put lifts in their shoes to be as tall as Martin...I mean he WAS the glue that held this team together...oh and Taco Wallace too ;)

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 12:01 PM

Go Pack go!

and they will also put lifts in their shoes to be as tall as Martin...I mean he WAS the glue that held this team together...oh and Taco Wallace too ;)

you joke, but ty clearly can see that the offense is sputtering now that ruvell is gone. coincidence? Ty thinks not.

The problem also is that TT drafted jennings who isn't really a pro bowler, not like Jwalk. Sherman knew how to draft pro bowl WRs.

Fosco33
09-27-2009, 12:02 PM
Pack has lost 5 straight on the road... Rams have lost 12 straight - period.

Pack needs to key on Jackson and key ARod free from hits. If we win the turnover battle and TOP, this will be a W. We should crush this team - but it'll be closer than we think.

woodbuck27
09-27-2009, 12:02 PM

I really would prefer not to comment on this in this thread but . . .you set this up.

Perfect. Then maybe we can get our team on track; the teams head out of the sand. Both TT and MM tossed and a real football mind in Green Bay.

GO PACKERS!

Fosco33
09-27-2009, 12:03 PM
I love kicking off and starting on D! Always a good sign and getting the ball in 2nd half is great!

GO PACK!

mission
09-27-2009, 12:03 PM
Sitting right in front of Waldo over at TJ's in Alpharetta... got the old lady with me today and Raji is active. Sounds like a win :wink:

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 12:04 PM
Pack vs. Lambs. Pack giving 6.5. Ty usually refrains from betting on the pack or giving advice as his head and heart can get confused. Kinda like being around strippers....his big head says stay away.....his much bigger head says "she is different, she is really working her way thru med school, she is sniffling cause she has a cold, she really would hang with me even if i was broke". Anyway, Pack by like 30 points. Book it.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 12:05 PM
Pack vs. Lambs. Pack giving 6.5. Ty usually refrains from betting on the pack or giving advice as his head and heart can get confused. Kinda like being around strippers....his big head says stay away.....his much bigger head says "she is different, she is really working her way thru med school, she is sniffling cause she has a cold, she really would hang with me even if i was broke". Anyway, Pack by like 30 points. Book it.

Cheesehead Craig
09-27-2009, 12:05 PM
I don't like all the talk about a blowout. If the Pack win, it's going to be closer than people think. Pack by 10.

Bretsky
09-27-2009, 12:09 PM

Go Pack go!

Can we trade Aaron Rouse for him :lol:

Cheesehead Craig
09-27-2009, 12:09 PM
Blocked FG!!!!

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 12:11 PM
Cheese and rice...ty does not like going to sports bars at 10 in the freaking morning....ty needs a stream.

Bretsky
09-27-2009, 12:12 PM
Before the season I noted I thought the Bucs would be the worst team in the NFL. The Rams are right there too.

I think the Raiders are the worst run Organization in the NFL and the Rams just might be the worst team in the NFL.

Hopefully you put some money on the Pack; prepare for the blowout.

NOTE: If the Pack loses I might come back and change this post :lol:

woodbuck27
09-27-2009, 12:13 PM
The game here is Titans @ Jets. A fine match-up.

The Jets are opening fast again in this game. Sanchez is the real deal. We'll see what the Jets have after this game as it'll be an eye opener if the Titans open at 0-3.

Holy cow! The Titans came with an all out blitz and Mark Sanchez ran left about 12 yards for a TD, reaching over the goal line. Mark Sanchez = Rookie of the year.

7-0 Jets and then they recover the kick off. The Jets are playing terrific football. A couple of plays later and a nice fake and pass by Sanchez and it's Jets 14 - Titans zero.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 12:13 PM
steam is working!!!!

pasquale
09-27-2009, 12:14 PM
Cheese and rice...ty does not like going to sports bars at 10 in the freaking morning....ty needs a stream.

try this: http://channelsurfing.net

the main page can get pretty bogged down at this time. just keep refreshing. there will be a link to the game on the list.

Brando19
09-27-2009, 12:15 PM
steam is working!!!!

which one?

SkinBasket
09-27-2009, 12:15 PM
Our fullbacks suck cock!

pasquale
09-27-2009, 12:17 PM
great to see our officials have everything under control... :roll:

SkinBasket
09-27-2009, 12:17 PM
Our fullbacks suck huge cock.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 12:18 PM
steam is working!!!!

which one?

http://www.vshare.tv/live/NFL_Greenbay_VS_Rams_Steelers_VS_Bengals

KYPack
09-27-2009, 12:18 PM
Smith may get inthere with their safety hurt.

falco
09-27-2009, 12:19 PM
UH OH...NOT AGAIN

Freak Out
09-27-2009, 12:22 PM
What the hell is going on out there? Who did Little work over?

Brando19
Favre to Rice for a 30 yard TD....

imscott72
Favre to Rice 30 yd TD pass..

Gunakor
09-27-2009, 12:23 PM
UH OH...NOT AGAIN

I was thinking the same thing at first, but it was another case of pretty good coverage downfield and zero checkdowns.

Rodgers needs to just roll out on every damn play. Every single one. He's a sitting duck in the pocket. Or what's supposed to be a pocket, but barely resembles a pocket.

falco

our prestigious right tackle

MOBB DEEP
I like crosby....

imscott72
Mason is $$$$

falco
UH OH...NOT AGAIN

I was thinking the same thing at first, but it was another case of pretty good coverage downfield and zero checkdowns.

Rodgers needs to just roll out on every damn play. Every single one. He's a sitting duck in the pocket. Or what's supposed to be a pocket, but barely resembles a pocket.

i dunno, he looked pretty soundly beat

SkinBasket

Well, our offensive line is still in shambles and our fullbacks suck cock. In other words, no one can run or pass block for shit. Pretty much sums it up.

Gunakor

Barbre, but Rodgers had enough time if someone was open. 2 plays in a row our WR's couldn't get open. So we settled for a FG.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 12:25 PM
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/green-bay-packers-st-louis-rams

SkinBasket
09-27-2009, 12:25 PM
God damn Jarret Bush is a fucking retard.

Gunakor
09-27-2009, 12:26 PM
UH OH...NOT AGAIN

i dunno, he looked pretty soundly beat

He was. That's why you need to get your checkdowns out. 3 seconds is plenty of time to look downfield and dump it off if it isn't there. But if the checkdown isn't there either, you're screwed.

Rodgers' clearly stated that was a huge problem against the Bengals last week. No checkdowns.

Sparkey
09-27-2009, 12:28 PM
jolly

MichiganPackerFan
09-27-2009, 12:29 PM
Wow - Jolly is a BEAST!

imscott72
Jolly!! STUD

gbgary
bulger hurting.

Brando19
Packers got the ball!!! Fumbled at the 15!!!

Cheesehead Craig
09-27-2009, 12:30 PM
We're all a little jolly aren't we?

Tony Oday
Jolly needs to line up as a WR!

Gunakor

Our WR's have enough problems beating coverage...

Fosco33
09-27-2009, 12:31 PM
Gotta love the Jolly Green Giant. Blocked FG and fumble recovery.

Need 7 here.

Sparkey
Dammit Rodgers

imscott72
UGHHH just missed DD..

MichiganPackerFan
09-27-2009, 12:32 PM
damn rodgers is right

Sparkey
Rodgers fault on that sack.

Why are our receivers not able to get open ?

MOBB DEEP

Exactly

Gunakor
Dammit Rodgers

It wasn't the greatest throw, but it was in and out of Driver's hands. He needs to make that catch anyway. WR's get paid to make plays too.

imscott72
GET RID OF THE FUCKING BALL!!!

Tony Oday
holy freaking illegal contact!

gbgary
dammit!! 3 points though.

Fosco33
Jesus. How do we always get illegal contact - yet both our WRs were held on that 3rd& goal play. WTF.

Better play loose and fair on the flags for Al and Chuck.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 12:33 PM
Ty is down on DD big time. Beginning of the end.

imscott72

Exactly

How the hell a trio of Jennings, Driver, Jones can't get open against this 2ndary is beyond me..

Fosco33
holy freaking illegal contact!

X2

Gunakor
09-27-2009, 12:34 PM

He was sacked inside the tackle box. Look, if they aren't going to roll him outside the box even knowing that our line can't block anybody, then he has little choice.

Send him outside the pocket that doesn't exist, Mike. Roll him out. Give him the chance our linemen aren't giving him.

Fosco33
09-27-2009, 12:34 PM
Some of these sacks in ARod's head.
He better learn to get rid of the ball.

gbgary
09-27-2009, 12:35 PM
Dammit Rodgers

It wasn't the greatest throw, but it was in and out of Driver's hands. He needs to make that catch anyway. WR's get paid to make plays too.

that's on AR. DD had to stretch to get one hand on it.

Gunakor
09-27-2009, 12:35 PM

Exactly

How the hell a trio of Jennings, Driver, Jones can't get open against this 2ndary is beyond me..

The Rams fans consider their defensive backfield the only part of their team worth a damn. They're not big names, but their fans consider them to be pretty decent.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 12:36 PM

Ty now begins his 10 year denial of all Arod wrongdoing....just like Ty supported favre.

falco

He was sacked inside the tackle box. Look, if they aren't going to roll him outside the box even knowing that our line can't block anybody, then he has little choice.

Send him outside the pocket that doesn't exist, Mike. Roll him out. Give him the chance our linemen aren't giving him.

gunny is becoming the AR apologist

Sparkey
D-FENCE!

Fosco33
Wow - this defense is hungry.

MichiganPackerFan
Dammit Rodgers

yeah ar missed an easy one

Gunakor
Dammit Rodgers

Actually, he got both hands on it. Yes, he had to stretch. Not every throw is going to fall perfectly to you. Driver could have and should have made that catch. It wasn't the greatest throw, but it was definitely catchable.

gbgary
09-27-2009, 12:37 PM
let's get a td this time.

MichiganPackerFan
Harris was on that FAST

Fosco33

Ty now begins his 10 year denial of all Arod wrongdoing....just like Ty supported favre.

Classic. I'd be shaky to behind that line. Better get 7 here.

Bretsky
09-27-2009, 12:38 PM

At this point of the season I am very disappointed in Aaron Rodgers

His pocket presence is poor
And we are not good enough to miss mutiple wide open receivers early in games. Driver just now. Two last week.

He's not making mistakes.....or plays.......

Now that I write this hopefully it starts changing

gbgary
come ooooon Pack.

Gunakor

gunny is becoming the AR apologist

:?:

I called it like I saw it. If you are in the box you can't just throw it away. Read up on the intentional grounding rules.

SkinBasket
09-27-2009, 12:39 PM
Our offense has no fucking idea what to do out there.

Gunakor

What pocket?

Tyrone Bigguns

Classic. I'd be shaky to behind that line. Better get 7 here.

Yeah, honestly, if it was just one player having problems..you know arod would have in the back of his mind...ok, watch out off the X...but, he doesn't know who is going to fuck up.

MichiganPackerFan

And we are not good enough to miss mutiple wide open receivers early in games. Driver just now. Two last week.

(Im not militant anti favre) I totally agree - needs to perform MUCH better

Fosco33
Wow. what a waste of 2 red zone turnovers. Amazing. Should be 17-0.

imscott72
09-27-2009, 12:40 PM
Wow, red zone offense is pathetic..

Bretsky
Dammit Rodgers

yeah ar missed an easy one

Driver had 3 steps on that guy; that' s a throw most of us in here could make.

Just make it decent and it's an easy TD

MichiganPackerFan
Wow. what a waste of 2 red zone turnovers. Amazing. Should be 17-0.

Hopefully leaving those points on the field doesnt come back to bite us in the ass

imscott72
09-27-2009, 12:41 PM

I don't know whether to blame Arod for his pocket presence, or just the fact he's scared to get killed.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 12:41 PM

What pocket?

I got bigger pockets in my freezer....

ThunderDan
09-27-2009, 12:42 PM
Crosby 3 of 3 from inside 50. Yeah!!!!

Fosco33
09-27-2009, 12:42 PM
Do the Rams have their 3rd string SS out there? I hope they can explore the deep post or some mismatched coverage.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 12:43 PM
Barnett for Ruvell...problem solved

Brando19
09-27-2009, 12:44 PM
Anyone know if Frank Gore had to leave the game?

TravisWilliams23
Where's Finely?
Preseason he looked really good.
Seems like MM has amnesia.
Inside the 10 yard lind - 2 tight ends, that big fullback Quinn, and have at em!

Fosco33
This is the same Kyle Boller that destroyed the Packers 48-3 in 2005. Boller was 19-of-27 for 253 yards and three touchdowns before leaving with 8 minutes to go

gbgary

What pocket?

lol

imscott72
09-27-2009, 12:45 PM

Yep..Limping pretty badly..

Gunakor
09-27-2009, 12:46 PM
Nobody can run block like the Packers.

Well, maybe the Rams.

Fosco33
Come on Hawk... get your head out your ass.

Chuck with yet another play. Don't be shocked to see him have more TDs after today than our starting WRs.

Sparkey
How is that not holding on Kampmann ?

imscott72
09-27-2009, 12:47 PM

Carted off to be exact..

Fosco33
09-27-2009, 12:47 PM
Great reaction by Clay.

Brando19
09-27-2009, 12:48 PM

Carted off to be exact..

Crap...there goes any chance the 49ers had.

Fosco33
I wouldn't mind seeing Jordy get some return reps. Statistically he has a better avg than Blackmon this year.

Tyrone Bigguns
Relax everybody...gonna be up 9-0 soon

gbgary
nice stand there. they need to concentrate on jackson first. he'll be the one to beat us.

Brando19
09-27-2009, 12:49 PM

You mean 12-0?

gbgary

lol he meant by 9 i'm sure.

Tyrone Bigguns

Carted off to be exact..

Crap...there goes any chance the 49ers had.

niners had no chance....that's why ty didn't pick them. terrible matchup for the niners....

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 12:50 PM

You mean 12-0?

yeah, that's what i meant

Brohm
09-27-2009, 12:51 PM
Wow....(Driver catch)

Sparkey
I don't care anymore what people think. Ryan Grant is NOT a very good running back. He has no wiggle, goes down on the slightest contact and has no burst to hit the small seams that open up.

gbgary
who said DD needs two hands.

Gunakor
Awesome catch by DD there. Spectacular catch.

imscott72
OMFG Driver!!

Sparkey
09-27-2009, 12:52 PM
Finally, a slant pass!

Great one handed catch by Driver~!

Brohm
Damn, a quick slant. Still some WC in this offense :P

Tyrone Bigguns
I don't care anymore what people think. Ryan Grant is NOT a very good running back. He has no wiggle, goes down on the slightest contact and has no burst to hit the small seams that open up.

Ty is with you. ty was never really sold on him. But, with this line....unless you are barry..forget it.

MOBB DEEP
smart run aaron

Gunakor
09-27-2009, 12:53 PM
Damn, a quick slant. Still some WC in this offense :P

That slant was set up by the long pass and catch to Driver. That's going to open up a lot for us, as the Rams can't just sit on the slants that MM loves to call.

gbgary
09-27-2009, 12:54 PM
don't look now...but that was a drive for a td.

imscott72
KUHN TD

Cheesehead Craig
YEah!

MOBB DEEP
Its a rap, game already over!

Tyrone Bigguns
halfway to the 30 point blowout!!!!!

Gunakor
09-27-2009, 12:55 PM
I'll take the TD. But, since Kuhn scored it, that means he's gonna waste a gameday roster spot next week too. So I'll temper my enthusiasm.

Cheesehead Craig
Nice day to have Crosby on your fantasy team. He better keep kicking FGs to make up for me losing Gore.

Sparkey
with Boller @ QB for the Rams, there is NO EXCUSE not to win this game!

Gunakor
09-27-2009, 12:56 PM

Heh, Rams fans think Boller might even be better than Bulger.

Boller has torched Green Bay before, remember.

gbgary
09-27-2009, 12:56 PM

that's what i was saying a while ago. only jackson can beat us so concentrate on him.

Gunakor
09-27-2009, 12:57 PM
Its a rap, game already over!

Agreed. I very highly doubt the Rams score 16 points today.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 12:57 PM
Axe has the dumbest commercials ever

gbgary
09-27-2009, 12:58 PM
lions up on the skins. today may be their day. stafford looks 12 years old.

MichiganPackerFan
09-27-2009, 01:05 PM
SICK of the wildcat gimick

Cheesehead Craig
Don't go sleeping on Boller, he's not a bad QB.

imscott72
WTF is Woodson doing?? Tackle you moron!

MichiganPackerFan
09-27-2009, 01:07 PM
Barnett's looking a lot better this week

Zool
09-27-2009, 01:09 PM
Is Greg Jennings still alive?

gbgary
09-27-2009, 01:10 PM
fearless DD.

Cheesehead Craig
09-27-2009, 01:11 PM
I thought he retired

Sparkey
09-27-2009, 01:12 PM
Another rant!

All those f'n stretch runs blow. THe lineman can't hold the los. BTW Grant is slow and SUCKS!

Gunakor
09-27-2009, 01:12 PM

Yup, but he hasn't beaten coverage in a game and a half. Neither has anybody else not named Donald Driver.

And as I say that he beats his man down the sideline for a big gain!

MJZiggy
09-27-2009, 01:13 PM
Finally!!!

gbgary

yes!

MichiganPackerFan
Beautiful touch to jennings!

gbgary
09-27-2009, 01:15 PM
Another rant!

All those f'n stretch runs blow.

i've always liked the power type runs best. quick hitters up the middle.

Cheesehead Craig
09-27-2009, 01:16 PM
Holy shit has ARod suddenly woken up

imscott72
Driver is an absolute stud..

MichiganPackerFan
AR must have heard us talking... Nice pass. Great communication

Tony Oday
man they are getting a lot of leeway on chucking our WR.

MJZiggy
GO DD!!!

PackerTimer
09-27-2009, 01:17 PM
Jennings big play. Rodgers has some nice passes. Driver hasn't lost anything.

Maybe the offense is going to figure things out yet?

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 01:17 PM
Stream is down......last thing i saw was grant on around the 2....now 7 points for the Rams...and Arod to Lee.

What happend?

Fosco33
09-27-2009, 01:18 PM
Looks like the preseason Packers... if only we could play the Rams weekly...

Tony Oday
AR roll left fast ball to DD at the side of the endzone

Gunakor
Stream is down......last thing i saw was grant on around the 2....now 7 points for the Rams...and Arod to Lee.

What happend?

TD pass from Rodgers to Driver. 23-7 Green Bay.

MichiganPackerFan
09-27-2009, 01:19 PM
DD could easily get that record today!!!

Cheesehead Craig

What happend?
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009092707/2009/REG3/packers@rams

Get caught up.

MJZiggy
And we hear Giordano's name...

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 01:20 PM

What happend?

Hold...wasn't it 16-0 with us on their 2...i'm talking after the long pass to DD, one handed grab.

MichiganPackerFan
09-27-2009, 01:20 PM
what a mid-air catch/hit on the return

gbgary
09-27-2009, 01:21 PM
broken leg. i think i saw it bend where it shouldn't be able to bend. :shock:

edit: guess not! :oops:

i did spend the night at a holday-inn express last night though.

MJZiggy
09-27-2009, 01:21 PM
Owwwww!!!!

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 01:23 PM

What happend?
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009092707/2009/REG3/packers@rams

Get caught up.

that doesn't tell me what happened....or i can't find it.

C'mon...short recap. Turnover? long pass to dd, couple of grant runs...arod scramble...grant on 2....whappen?

Gunakor
09-27-2009, 01:24 PM

What happend?

Hold...wasn't it 16-0 with us on their 2...i'm talking after the long pass to DD, one handed grab.

That catch wasn't at their 2. And we didn't score there.

The following Rams drive saw Boller hit someone named Fells (?) for a TD to make it 16-7. Then the Packers offense woke up big time and put together a 90 yard TD drive, including a 50 yard catch and run to Greg Jennings and a 21 yard TD grab for Driver.

pbmax
09-27-2009, 01:24 PM
Cullen Jenkins, Pickens and Jolly are making this defense work. So much for OLBs. :lol:

On fullback watch this week it was John Kuhn who blew a block and caused a negative play.

ARodg is going to have his ability to audible curtailed because he has done it twice today for 0 yards when checking to a run.

In other news I approve of the score.

FavreChild
09-27-2009, 01:26 PM
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/green-bay-packers-st-louis-rams

Sparkey
nice D this drive! :roll:

Tyrone Bigguns

What happend?

The following Rams drive saw Boller hit someone named Fells (?) for a TD to make it 16-7. Then the Packers offense woke up big time and put together a 90 yard TD drive, including a 50 yard catch and run to Greg Jennings and a 21 yard TD grab for Driver.

I know the catch wasn't at the two...several plays later it was...i know i saw arod scramble inside the 10.....i know i saw that. They were talking about MM saying 5 times a game qb has to make something.

I know how we scored...but, what happened b4.

Sparkey
09-27-2009, 01:27 PM
Chillar is getting owned!

Damn, he should be starting, he is so f'n solid and can do everything. Yeah right :lol:

Brohm
09-27-2009, 01:27 PM
Chillar 0-2 on TD coverages

MichiganPackerFan
09-27-2009, 01:28 PM
is that the second time they got Chillar in coverage for the TD?

MJZiggy
Rams TD. Past Chillar. From about the 25.

Gunakor

What happend?

I know the catch wasn't at the two...several plays later it was...i know i saw arod scramble inside the 10.....i know i saw that. They were talking about MM saying 5 times a game qb has to make something.

Like I said, the biggest play was a 50 yard catch and run down the sidelines to Greg Jennings.

Cheesehead Craig
Told you not to fall asleep on Boller. He's better than Bulger right now.

Brohm
D making Boller look all-pro

pbmax
nice D this drive! :roll:
No kidding zone isn't good without prssure. The one thing Boller can do is move and throw. We need to hit him.

Chillar has been victimized twice by TEs for Ram TDs now.

He has been playing in the Big Okie package (Chillar is the strong safety - Waldo is being proven correct and incorrect at the same time) with Smith out.

Iron Mike
Chillar's gonna lose this game for us. :(

pbmax
09-27-2009, 01:30 PM

What happend?

Ty, which drive do you want details on, second TD or first?

Fosco33
Boller was 19-of-27 for 253 yards and three touchdowns before leaving with 8 minutes to go in a 48-3 W Ravens v Pack in '05.

gbgary
ok...jackson and fells........those are the two...and boller. that's who we need to concentrate on. :lol:

imscott72
09-27-2009, 01:31 PM
Anyone else getting the sick feeling that this game is far from over? (gulp)

pbmax
09-27-2009, 01:32 PM
Anyone else getting the sick feeling that this game is far from over? (gulp)
No. The Rams adjusted to Chillar in coverage. Its now the Pack's turn to adjust to Fell's routes and Boller in for Bulger.

Partial
09-27-2009, 01:33 PM
I will do pbp in the second half. Was at the ladies watching the first half. I don't have a good feeling about this. This D looks nothing like the PS D as they're getting lit up. 1 for 5 on third down is terrible.

Gunakor
09-27-2009, 01:35 PM
I will do pbp in the second half. Was at the ladies watching the first half. I don't have a good feeling about this. This D looks nothing like the PS D as they're getting lit up. 1 for 5 on third down is terrible.

As PB mentioned, it's become a chess game. We prepared for Bulger at QB, not Boller. And the Rams made their adjustments too. It's halftime, time for Dom to make his adjustments. I expect the second half to look much different than the first, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 01:35 PM

What happend?

Not on the score. Recap: here is what i saw....arod complete to dd, one handed grab (decline pass interference), grant run, arod scramble inside 10, then grant was on aroiund the 2. Then stream died.

Now, i thought it was 16-0 at that moment.....next thing rams have a score and then we score to go up 23 to 7. So, either i missed the rams td...ok...but, how did we go from the 2 to ?

what am i missing....or getting wrong.

Fosco33
09-27-2009, 01:37 PM
wow - blocked FG attempt returned for a TD by SF at the end of the half... going up by a point instead of down by 9.

Bretsky
this game is in the bag

Gunakor

What happend?

Not on the score. Recap: here is what i saw....arod complete to dd, one handed grab (decline pass interference), grant run, arod scramble inside 10, then grant was on aroiund the 2. Then stream died.

Now, i thought it was 16-0 at that moment.....next thing rams have a score and then we score to go up 23 to 7. So, either i missed the rams td...ok...but, how did we go from the 2 to ?

OH, that was the Kuhn TD. I know where you are now. The score was 9-0 when your stream died. Kuhn's TD made it 16-0.

pbmax

As PB mentioned, it's become a chess game. We prepared for Bulger at QB, not Boller. And the Rams made their adjustments too. It's halftime, time for Dom to make his adjustments. I expect the second half to look much different than the first, especially on the defensive side of the ball.
Question is can we stop Jackson with base D (Smith for Chillar at SS)? He has been bottled up but has shown he can shake loose two or three times so far.

Niners just took lead versus Vikes

Iron Mike
09-27-2009, 01:38 PM
this game is in the bag

Oh, man.......didn't you jinx us several times last year??? :roll:

pasquale
09-27-2009, 01:38 PM
wrong place for this...but since we want our rivals to do bad...

ryan longwell blocked FG, niners take in for 7

14-13 niners @ half

Cheesehead Craig
09-27-2009, 01:39 PM
1-10-GB 20(12:47) R.Grant left guard to GB 24 for 4 yards (C.Dahl).
2-6-GB 24(12:10) A.Rodgers pass deep left to D.Driver to STL 30 for 46 yards (B.Fletcher). Penalty on STL-B.Fletcher, Defensive Pass Interference, declined.
1-10-STL 30(11:47) A.Rodgers pass short left to J.Nelson to STL 18 for 12 yards (B.Fletcher).
1-10-STL 18(11:05) A.Rodgers scrambles right end ran ob at STL 6 for 12 yards (C.Dahl).
1-6-STL 6(10:32) R.Grant left guard to STL 1 for 5 yards (R.Bartell).
2-1-STL 1(9:55) J.Kuhn up the middle for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN.
0-0-STL 2M.Crosby extra point is GOOD, Center-B.Goode, Holder-M.Flynn.

0-0-GB 30M.Crosby kicks 69 yards from GB 30 to STL 1. D.Amendola to STL 22 for 21 yards (D.Bishop).
1-10-STL 22(9:42) S.Jackson right end to STL 22 for no gain (N.Barnett).
2-10-STL 22(9:09) K.Boller pass incomplete short right to L.Robinson.
3-10-STL 22(9:01) (Shotgun) K.Boller pass short left to L.Robinson pushed ob at STL 35 for 13 yards (A.Harris). PENALTY on GB-C.Woodson, Face Mask (15 Yards), 15 yards, enforced at STL 35.
1-10-STL 50(8:44) S.Jackson left end to GB 43 for 7 yards (B.Chillar).
2-3-GB 43(8:09) K.Boller pass short right to S.Jackson pushed ob at GB 35 for 8 yards (N.Collins).
1-10-GB 35(7:36) S.Jackson right tackle to GB 34 for 1 yard (N.Barnett, B.Poppinga).
2-9-GB 34(6:57) (Shotgun) K.Boller pass short left to D.Avery to GB 29 for 5 yards (N.Barnett).
3-4-GB 29(6:19) (Shotgun) K.Boller pass short right to K.Darby to GB 20 for 9 yards (J.Jolly).
1-10-GB 20(5:31) S.Jackson right end to GB 16 for 4 yards (A.Kampman).
2-6-GB 16(4:51) K.Boller pass deep right to D.Fells for 16 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
0-0-GB 2Josh.Brown extra point is GOOD, Center-C.Massey, Holder-D.Jones.

0-0-STL 30Josh.Brown kicks 74 yards from STL 30 to GB -4. W.Blackmon to GB 21 for 25 yards (C.Chamberlain). PENALTY on GB-B.Jones, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at GB 21.
1-10-GB 11(4:37) A.Rodgers pass short middle to D.Driver to GB 26 for 15 yards (C.Dahl).
1-10-GB 26(3:58) R.Grant left guard to GB 27 for 1 yard (C.Ah You).
2-9-GB 27(3:15) R.Grant right tackle to GB 29 for 2 yards (G.Gibson).
3-7-GB 29(2:33) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass deep right to G.Jennings to STL 21 for 50 yards (R.Bartell).
Two-Minute Warning
1-10-STL 21(2:00) A.Rodgers pass deep left to D.Driver for 21 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

0-0-GB 30M.Crosby kicks 68 yards from GB 30 to STL 2. D.Amendola to STL 16 for 14 yards (B.Swain).
1-10-STL 16(1:47) (Shotgun) S.Jackson left end to STL 16 for no gain (C.Jenkins). STL-L.Robinson was injured during the play.
Timeout #1 by STL at 01:41. Injury inside 2 minutes.
2-10-STL 16(1:41) (Shotgun) K.Boller pass short right to K.Burton pushed ob at STL 32 for 16 yards (N.Collins) [A.Kampman].
1-10-STL 32(1:34) K.Boller pass short left to K.Burton to STL 46 for 14 yards (C.Matthews).
1-10-STL 46(1:13) (Shotgun) K.Boller scrambles up the middle to GB 44 for 10 yards (A.Harris).
1-10-GB 44(:37) S.Jackson up the middle to GB 32 for 12 yards (N.Barnett).
1-10-GB 32(:26) (Shotgun) K.Boller pass incomplete short left to D.Fells.
2-10-GB 32(:24) (Shotgun) K.Boller pass incomplete short middle to D.Avery [B.Chillar].
3-10-GB 32(:20) K.Boller scrambles up the middle to GB 19 for 13 yards (D.Martin).
Timeout #2 by STL at 00:08.
1-10-GB 19(:08) (Shotgun) K.Boller pass deep left to D.Fells for 19 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
0-0-GB 2Josh.Brown extra point is GOOD, Center-C.Massey, Holder-D.Jones.
Green Bay Packers 0:02
0-0-STL 30Josh.Brown kicks 29 yards from STL 30 to GB 41, out of bounds.
1-10-GB 41(:01) A.Rodgers kneels to GB 40 for -1 yards.
END QUARTER 2

There you go Ty.

MJZiggy
this game is in the bag

Just what I was thinking...

SkinBasket
I will do pbp in the second half.

Thank god.

Bretsky
this game is in the bag

I'm feeling some amnesia !!

pbmax
09-27-2009, 01:40 PM

What happend?

Nope you are good. You missed Kuhn on fullback dive (misdirection to Grant around Right End) for TD.

Kickoff, good coverage then Boller got hot, one good Jackson run plus a facemask on Woodson. One other good sideline route catch versus Harris. Chillar got burned for approx 20 yard TD to backup TE. Bad coverage on bad technique. He lost him inside when he tried to play him to the outside. Never caught up to him. TD on Chillar and no pass rush

Fosco33
Ty...

Kuhn gotta a gimme TD from the 2.

Boller and Jackson went down the field quickly... lots of 5-15 yard plays. A big 13 yr catch over Al and 15yd penalty by Chuck on the same play brought it to the 50. On a key 3rd down Chuck went for a pick and gave up another 1st down. Soon after Chillar got burned in coverage for a TD.

Then the Pack responded - with a big throw/run by GJ (50 yrds). Then a great rollout by ARod and 20yrd TD to DD.

Then Boller and Jackson rolled down the field in about 90 seconds - and Chillar got burned for another TD.

Tyrone Bigguns
Those of you betting with Ty...recap

Houston now up by 4. we are on our way to money.

Gmen up by 14. Start spending the money.

Pack. Ty said by 30....may not happen, but we will cover spread.

Tenn down by 4. Faith, my rat brothers.

pbmax
09-27-2009, 01:41 PM
this game is in the bag

Go get the good luck charm out of the Bears thread now! :shock:

Sparkey
09-27-2009, 01:42 PM
I will do pbp in the second half.

Thank god.

:shock: :lol:

pbmax

You know the "IT" people use to describe otherworldly calm when doing something in football you are too young to do? Mostly its a weak writers device to avoid thinking?

Sanchez may have it. Seriously looks good.

Tyrone Bigguns
Ty...

Boller and Jackson went down the field quickly... lots of 5-15 yard plays. A big 13 yr catch over Al and 15yd penalty by Chuck on the same play brought it to the 50. On a key 3rd down Chuck went for a pick and gave up another 1st down. Soon after Chillar got burned in coverage for a TD.

Then the Pack responded - with a big throw/run by GJ (50 yrds). Then a great rollout by ARod and 20yrd TD to DD.

Then Boller and Jackson rolled down the field in about 90 seconds - and Chillar got burned for another TD.

Sigh. I don't want a game recap. Just that one specific area...and neither u or pb is helping...not blaming.

DOES ANYBODY REMEMBER GRANT ON THE TWO AFTER THE SPECTACULAR CATCH BY DD....ANYBODY. Let's establish if i'm crazy.

Bretsky
09-27-2009, 01:43 PM
Rodgers needs to come out and lead this team to an opening TD

Then I will call for the dagger :!:

imscott72
09-27-2009, 01:43 PM

14-13 niners @ half

That's just the Vikings teasing us with a loss again. They'll win that game easily..

pbmax
09-27-2009, 01:44 PM

14-13 niners @ half
Clearly, on the replay, you can see the ball isn't angled correctly for Ryan. And a swirling indoor AC wind.

Sparkey
09-27-2009, 01:44 PM
Ty...

Sigh. I don't want a game recap. Just that one specific area...and neither u or pb is helping...not blaming.

DOES ANYBODY REMEMBER GRANT ON THE TWO AFTER THE SPECTACULAR CATCH BY DD....ANYBODY. Let's establish if i'm crazy.

Kuhn inside run for TD making it 16- 0

Cheesehead Craig
09-27-2009, 01:45 PM
Who just made that tackle on the kickoff?

pbmax
09-27-2009, 01:46 PM

Please post pic for luck.

Fosco33
09-27-2009, 01:46 PM
Ty...

Yes. Arod ran after DD catch. Grant to the 2. Kuhn TD. what do u wanna know?

Sparkey
09-27-2009, 01:47 PM
TUNNEL VISION

Rodgers is not looking over the whole field.

Brohm
09-27-2009, 01:47 PM
Another ugly drive after the half.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 01:48 PM

You know the "IT" people use to describe otherworldly calm when doing something in football you are too young to do? Mostly its a weak writers device to avoid thinking?

Sanchez may have it. Seriously looks good.
He is living the dream

http://images.dailyradar.com/media/uploads/ballhype/story_large/2009/05/22/hilaryrhoda_2.jpg

http://www.bittenandbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/mark-sanchez-hilary-rhoda.jpg

pbmax
09-27-2009, 01:48 PM
Ty...

Yes, I remember the run. On first down he gained 5 and made it to the 1.

1-10-STL 18(11:05) A.Rodgers scrambles right end ran ob at STL 6 for 12 yards (C.Dahl).
1-6-STL 6(10:32) R.Grant left guard to STL 1 for 5 yards (R.Bartell).
2-1-STL 1(9:55) J.Kuhn up the middle for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN.

Bretsky
09-27-2009, 01:49 PM

sorry, but I don't know where it is; plus it failed us last week

gbgary
Another ugly drive after the half.

finley was wide open on that long pass to end the drive.

Fosco33
D better wake up

pbmax

Should we give up that easily?

SkinBasket
09-27-2009, 01:50 PM
Chillar also sucks cock.

Fosco33
How is it hard to spy jackson?

Brohm
Everyone ran right by.

MJZiggy

Should we give up that easily?

Yes.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 01:51 PM
Ty...

Yes. Arod ran after DD catch. Grant to the 2. Kuhn TD. what do u wanna know?

got it...sorry. I'm way to tired...the thread and the stream werent' synched...i'm an idiot.

packerrats....TY is an idiot.....and in other news...sun is hot, water quenches thirst...

MichiganPackerFan
09-27-2009, 01:51 PM
havent seen or heard much of raji so far - anyone have an assessment?

Hawk terrible angle there : (

pbmax
09-27-2009, 01:52 PM
Hawk just blew that coverage and tackle.

SkinBasket
Chillar also sucks cock.

And Hawk needs geometry lessons.

Fosco33
terrible pursuit by hawk

Cheesehead Craig
Jackson is a one man wrecking crew right now

falco