PDA

View Full Version : Mike McCarthy is on the hotseat

sheepshead
09-27-2009, 04:30 PM
Not a single sustained drive from scrimmage. It was really an ugly offensive game to watch. Not one throw to a TE??

Fosco33
09-27-2009, 04:33 PM
Not a single sustained drive from scrimmage. It was really an ugly offensive game to watch. Not one throw to a TE??

Lee had 2 catches.

falco
09-27-2009, 04:33 PM

Didn't we have two 80+ yard drives in the first half for TDs?

sheepshead
09-27-2009, 04:35 PM
anyone can chuck it up to those guys, im talking a long keep-your-defense-off-the-field drive.

MJZiggy
09-27-2009, 04:35 PM

Didn't we have two 80+ yard drives in the first half for TDs?

Yes.

falco
09-27-2009, 04:36 PM
anyone can chuck it up to those guys, im talking a long keep-your-defense-off-the-field drive.

you're right...better to burn the clock than to score points. stupid MM and his long gains.

Fosco33
09-27-2009, 04:37 PM
1st drive was 10 plays.

2nd Q - 80 yard drive for a TD (w/ 2 first downs and then the TD)

2nd Q - 91 yard drive for a TD (w/ 2 first downs and then the TD)

3rd/4th Q - 84 yard drive for a TD (w/ 3 first downs and then the TD)

hmmm :roll:

sheepshead
09-27-2009, 04:39 PM

you're right...better to burn the clock than to score points. stupid MM and his long gains.

Youre missing the point, and I am always a homer here, but look at the stats. All did not control the clock and did not control the game. This should have been agame where we sent the messgae that we can put a 7-8 minute drive together at will. didnt happen

falco
09-27-2009, 04:40 PM

Youre missing the point, and I am always a homer here, but look at the stats. All did not control the clock and did not control the game. This should have been agame where we sent the messgae that we can put a 7-8 minute drive together at will. didnt happen

I agree with you 100% that we can't put together a sustained drive. We are not always going to play opponents who will give up the big gain all the time. Eventually, we'll have to use the run to set up the pass and not the other way around.

Fosco33
09-27-2009, 04:41 PM

Most of that is being 2/9 on 3rd downs. We did win the TOP (albeit by 19 seconds).

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 04:44 PM

Now veering off into partial land. Please fasten seatbelts.

gbpackfan
09-27-2009, 04:45 PM

We won today, remember. Calm down. The other team gets paid to play too.

ATTENTION PACKER FANS - WE WON!

falco
09-27-2009, 04:47 PM

And the winner of the game next week is leading the division...

imscott72
09-27-2009, 04:49 PM

You're splitting hairs here Sheepshead. We should be more concerned with the OL before we should be concerned with how we score.

Cheesehead Craig
09-27-2009, 05:28 PM
Only way MM is on the hotseat after this game is if he ate a bunch of burritos afterwards.

MJZiggy
09-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Only way MM is on the hotseat after this game is if he ate a bunch of burritos afterwards.

That's an actual possiblity...

Gunakor
09-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Odd that a thread with this title would be started immediately following a 19 point victory...

Pugger
09-27-2009, 05:40 PM
Jesus Christ people!!! :evil: I was hoping to come over here to read reasonable posts by actual Packer fans excited about a big road victory after reading Viking crap over at the P-G website but I'm seeing the same shit here about next week and how the Ancient One is gonna cream Aaron Rodgers and the Packers. God, I'm sick of this shit. I wish that old geezer had just stayed on his freaking tractor so I won't have to listen to this garbage all week. :bs2:

The Shadow
09-27-2009, 05:40 PM
I thought we won.
Now we are quibbling about how?????

Partial
09-27-2009, 05:42 PM
Odd that a thread with this title would be started immediately following a 19 point victory...

Offense was still not very impressive imo. They did play a lot better as the game went on. They didn't dominate as much as the score would lead you to believe. This team is horrible on third down.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 05:47 PM
Jesus Christ people!!! :evil: I was hoping to come over here to read reasonable posts by actual Packer fans excited about a big road victory after reading Viking crap over at the P-G website but I'm seeing the same shit here about next week and how the Ancient One is gonna cream Aaron Rodgers and the Packers. God, I'm sick of this shit. I wish that old geezer had just stayed on his freaking tractor so I won't have to listen to this garbage all week. :bs2:

And, Ty has found his new queen. My queen, how can ty best serve you?

Scott Campbell
09-27-2009, 05:48 PM

We went on the road and beat them. A coach doesn't get put on the hot seat after that.

Gunakor
09-27-2009, 06:01 PM

Offense was still not very impressive imo. They did play a lot better as the game went on. They didn't dominate as much as the score would lead you to believe. This team is horrible on third down.

This reminds me of the first month of 2007. We were winning games, but we weren't winning them convincingly. ST's would save us one week, defense the next. Favre was washed up, there was no running game, etc. Coming off 1 mediocre season and 1 god awful season, winning wasn't good enough. We had to win a certain way.

Wouldn't you know it, we hosted a game on the last weekend of January 2008 that went into overtime.

There's no reason to be such a downer right now. We won. By three scores, on the road, in a dome. We're 2-1, just one game behind the Vikings with 2 head to head matchups with them left on our schedule. We're 1-0 in the division, 2-0 in the conference. Stop being such a pessimist.

Partial
09-27-2009, 06:02 PM
We have looked horrible in two games. I'm not convinced at all about this team. They look average.

MJZiggy
09-27-2009, 06:07 PM

Amen sister! And congratulations on your new beau. Use him well...

Gunakor
09-27-2009, 06:43 PM
We have looked horrible in two games. I'm not convinced at all about this team. They look average.

I know they do. Same as 2 years ago at this time.

pbmax
09-27-2009, 06:52 PM
Then why doesn't everyone do it?

pbmax
09-27-2009, 06:56 PM

The team is horrible on 3rd down in large part for two distinct reasons. When you complete a bomb on first or second down, you don't get to enjoy the fun of 3rd down.

But as important is that when we are in 3rd down, its usually third and a country mile due to penalty or sack. If McCarthy can get his unit to set the goals correctly (one sack per game not per person) and get them to stop holding, then 3rd downs become more manageable.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 07:10 PM

Amen sister! And congratulations on your new beau. Use him well...

She is my queen. I serve at her pleasure. It is not a beau thing.

You don't have the qualities to be a queen. You are lovely in your own way Marquise de Mertuil.

Bretsky
09-27-2009, 08:03 PM
we've won twice as many games as we lost

I'll take 10-5 going into the last game

sheepshead
09-27-2009, 08:17 PM
I'm a homer. ...I'm concerned. every team has our tapes obviously. Our offense isnt scaring anyone right now. A few knock down grind out 15 play 8 minute drives would be nice by October 1st- we havent seen one yet--I'm worried.

SkinBasket
09-27-2009, 08:23 PM

Well they look better than your opinion, which looks downright retarded. In the NFL, wins matter - nothing else. But aside from that:

Grant runs for 100 yards.
Rodgers throws for 270 and 2 TD. And runs for 40 and another TD. Rating: 127.
Defense forces 3 turnovers.
Crosby is 3/3 with a long of 48.
Starting WRs combine for 198 yards and a TD.
Even the fucking punter averaged 50 yards.

At some point you'll learn that no game plan is perfect. No fair contest goes the way it should for either competitor. Until then, a motherfucking 36-17 win should be good enough.

Fritz
09-27-2009, 08:30 PM

Enjoy your unhappiness.

mission
09-27-2009, 08:35 PM
Yeah we lost to a team that beat the defending Super Bowl champs and beat a team that beat the defending Super Bowl champs.

Let me guess, Pittsburgh is bottom of the NFL this year...

MJZiggy
09-27-2009, 08:44 PM

I like this.

Deputy Nutz
09-27-2009, 08:44 PM
So did Rodgers throw the ball down the middle of the field today? I was in and out of radio reception and then caught the last quarter.

pbmax
09-27-2009, 08:54 PM
So did Rodgers throw the ball down the middle of the field today? I was in and out of radio reception and then caught the last quarter.
Yes. I count five throws in the GameBook. Someone should check my math.

MichiganPackerFan
09-28-2009, 09:51 AM

This is starting to sound a bit like skins "fans" here in DC after they beat STL last week. Of course they did lose to DET this week, so maybe they have a point.

ThunderDan
09-28-2009, 11:15 AM
The real issue is that we are 2-1.

We played like crap on offensive for 2 1/2 games and were still able to win two and if the D doesn't give up 3 and 33 we are probably 3-0.

It hasn't been pretty and we need to get our act together. I was pleased that we didn't ask our kicker to try a 50+ yard field goal yesterday.

HarveyWallbangers
09-28-2009, 11:35 AM

I can remember two. He completed a deep bomb to Jennings down the middle of the field late in the game. He also had a nice gain to Driver early in the game in the middle of the field. Hard to believe we only threw it 23 times. I'm not going to complain about McCarthy's play calling. If anything, I think he gets away from the run too quickly. This year, with the sacks and penalties it's put us into too many unfavorable third downs. If we only get 5-6 yards on the first two downs, I feel pretty good about Rodgers ability to convert those. I don't feel good about any QB trying to convert 3rd and 10+ all game long.

HarveyWallbangers
09-28-2009, 11:38 AM
This is starting to sound a bit like skins "fans" here in DC after they beat STL last week. Of course they did lose to DET this week, so maybe they have a point.

Let's see we beat St. Louis 36-17 on the road. Washington beat them 9-7 at home. A bit different. And it turns out, the other two teams we played don't look so bad.

mission
09-28-2009, 12:06 PM
Our main problem on 3rd down is 1st down.

2nd and 11 isn't setting you up for success!

pbmax
09-28-2009, 12:27 PM

I can remember two. He completed a deep bomb to Jennings down the middle of the field late in the game. He also had a nice gain to Driver early in the game in the middle of the field. Hard to believe we only threw it 23 times. I'm not going to complain about McCarthy's play calling. If anything, I think he gets away from the run too quickly. This year, with the sacks and penalties it's put us into too many unfavorable third downs. If we only get 5-6 yards on the first two downs, I feel pretty good about Rodgers ability to convert those. I don't feel good about any QB trying to convert 3rd and 10+ all game long.
1st Quarter:
3-8-SL 44 (8:36) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete short middle to D.Lee [C.Long].
1-10-SL 39 (8:29) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass short middle to D.Driver to SL 26 for 13 yards (C.Dahl).

2nd Quarter:
1-10-GB 11 (4:37) A.Rodgers pass short middle to D.Driver to GB 26 for 15 yards (C.Dahl).

3rd Quarter:
3-15-GB 41 (3:23) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete deep middle to D.Lee.

4th Quarter:
1-10-GB 30 (15:00) A.Rodgers pass deep middle to G.Jennings to SL 17 for 53 yards (R.Bartell)

Fritz
09-28-2009, 01:06 PM
McCarthy's on the hotseat if he farts on a pleather couch.

mmmdk
09-28-2009, 01:44 PM

How much would you bet on that...Pack being 10-5 and going to Arizona?

I'd take the 10-5 but I wouldn't take the bet.

MOBB DEEP
09-28-2009, 06:44 PM
needs to lose weight....heart cant be happy with him; food aint THAT good....i fear for his health

MJZiggy
09-28-2009, 07:07 PM
Every head coach we've had since Holmy's wound up a fattie in his tenure here. They should limit their carbs or something....geez.

packerbacker1234
09-28-2009, 07:37 PM
Say what everyone wants: Lets eliminate the long balls.

Now, tell me, how many drives do the packers have for points without a long ball?

How many?

2?

Case Closed.

SkinBasket
09-28-2009, 08:55 PM
Case Closed.

Okay Mr. Judge Jury and Executioner.

falco
09-28-2009, 08:55 PM
Case Closed.

Okay Mr. Judge Jury and Executioner.

If only the packer offense could execute this well!

ThunderDan
09-28-2009, 08:57 PM

Now, tell me, how many drives do the packers have for points without a long ball?

How many?

2?

Case Closed.

So if we don't score on long, grinde it out drives it's not good??

It sounds like Brazil soccer with the athsteticly pleasing goal and passing up shots on goal beacuse they weren't "beautiful."

Maybe it was Italy. One of our European Rats should be able to help.

mmmdk
09-28-2009, 09:03 PM

How many?

2?

Case Closed.

So if we don't score on long, grinde it out drives it's not good??

It sounds like Brazil soccer with the athsteticly pleasing goal and passing up shots on goal beacuse they weren't "beautiful."

Maybe it was Italy. One of our European Rats should be able to help.

ITALIA, they score a lot in transition. Like a Viper, they intercept and strike goal.

Kick'n'rush (long balls) are more ole English way; not anymore though.

Rastak
09-28-2009, 09:09 PM
Go Del Piero!

mmmdk
09-28-2009, 10:02 PM
Go Del Piero!

Forca Juve!!! :P