PDA

View Full Version : Apparently the Packers Suck!

Fritz
09-27-2009, 06:06 PM
I did not get to see nor follow the game today because I was watching my daughter play soccer. On the way home, I heard on the radio that the Packers had won, 36-17. That sounded like a reasonable score, so I thought maybe they'd righted the ship.

Apparently not, however. I read some comments on Packerrats - the game thread plus the "MM on the Hotseat" thread, and I also read the "live" game blog that Bedard did.

Based on those three sources, it sounds like the Packers are a terrible, terrible. team. Sounds like the offensive line is a disaster, sounds like Rodgers is missing open guys everywhere, and when he's not they are dropping the ball. Sounds like the linebackers are nowhere to be found (see Bedard on that) and if it weren't for turnovers and Bulger's injury the Packers would've been blown to bits.

What a terrible, terrible team this is so far.

After having read all those comments and Bedard's account, I have no idea how the Packers won this game, much less by 19 points.

Fosco33
09-27-2009, 06:08 PM
I wished Bulger would've stayed in the game. Boller loves playing the Packers.

gbpackfan
09-27-2009, 06:13 PM
Thanks for this post. I just don't understand some fans. They are NEVER happy. NEVER satisfied. The Packes won by almost 20 on the road today. Give them a fucking break. What more do you want? The Packers aren't going to win 50-0 every week. This isn't Madden!

Great job today boys! Love the win. Look forward to crushing Favre next Monday!

Gunakor
09-27-2009, 06:15 PM
And we lost to the Bengals last week. The BENGALS!

FIRE MM NOW!!!

MJZiggy
09-27-2009, 06:15 PM
I did not get to see nor follow the game today because I was watching my daughter play soccer. On the way home, I heard on the radio that the Packers had won, 36-17. That sounded like a reasonable score, so I thought maybe they'd righted the ship.

Apparently not, however. I read some comments on Packerrats - the game thread plus the "MM on the Hotseat" thread, and I also read the "live" game blog that Bedard did.

Based on those three sources, it sounds like the Packers are a terrible, terrible. team. Sounds like the offensive line is a disaster, sounds like Rodgers is missing open guys everywhere, and when he's not they are dropping the ball. Sounds like the linebackers are nowhere to be found (see Bedard on that) and if it weren't for turnovers and Bulger's injury the Packers would've been blown to bits.

After having read all those comments and Bedard's account, I have no idea how the Packers won this game, much less by 19 points.

It must be foggy because I'm pretty sure the sky fell...

channtheman
09-27-2009, 06:16 PM
Thanks for this post. I just don't understand some fans. They are NEVER happy. NEVER satisfied. The Packes won by almost 20 on the road today. Give them a fucking break. What more do you want? The Packers aren't going to win 50-0 every week. This isn't Madden!

I'm not mad that we won but it was disappointing watching us bumble around in the red zone and only get 9 points early on. A bad overthrow by Rodgers that still could have been caught by Driver was annoying. Then we had 3 and outs early in the 3rd quarter. That long stretch running play we run is perfect for play action and I would like to see it more often, especially when MM called that play on the first drive. Rodgers can run or pass with that play.

PackerTimer
09-27-2009, 06:19 PM

FIRE MM NOW!!!

I know you are kidding. But anybody who watched the Bengals beat the Steelers and would still seriously say this, should get punched in the face. The Bengals are a pretty good football team.

Fosco33
09-27-2009, 06:20 PM

FIRE MM NOW!!!

I know you are kidding. But anybody who watched the Bengals beat the Steelers and would still seriously say this, should get punched in the fact. The Bengals are a pretty good football team.

Or the Steelers aren't very good (once they lost their best defensive back).

Gunakor
09-27-2009, 06:22 PM

FIRE MM NOW!!!

I know you are kidding. But anybody who watched the Bengals beat the Steelers and would still seriously say this, should get punched in the fact. The Bengals are a pretty good football team.

That could be too, but it doesn't change the fact that the Bengals should be 3-0. The only reason they aren't is because a game was robbed from them by a team that is also 3-0. They're a damn good football team.

gbpackfan
09-27-2009, 06:22 PM

I'm not mad that we lost but it was disappointing watching us bumble around in the red zone and only get 9 points early on. A bad overthrow by Rodgers that still could have been caught by Driver was annoying. Then we had 3 and outs early in the 3rd quarter. That long stretch running play we run is perfect for play action and I would like to see it more often, especially when MM called that play on the first drive. Rodgers can run or pass with that play.

No offense, but get over it. Guess which OFFENSE scored more points then the Packers did today? NONE. THE PACKERS SCORED MORE THEN ANYONE! And that still isn't enough. Ha ha ha. Come on.

channtheman
09-27-2009, 06:24 PM

I'm not mad that we lost but it was disappointing watching us bumble around in the red zone and only get 9 points early on. A bad overthrow by Rodgers that still could have been caught by Driver was annoying. Then we had 3 and outs early in the 3rd quarter. That long stretch running play we run is perfect for play action and I would like to see it more often, especially when MM called that play on the first drive. Rodgers can run or pass with that play.

No offense, but get over it. Guess which OFFENSE scored more points then the Packers did today? NONE. THE PACKERS SCORED MORE THEN ANYONE! And that still isn't enough. Ha ha ha. Come on.

Against a team with a pulse we lose this game.

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 06:25 PM

Folk like misery

gbpackfan
09-27-2009, 06:27 PM

Of couse they do. And that would make you so happy. Some guys love to bitch way more then they love to celebrate. Therapy, check it out.

PackerTimer
09-27-2009, 06:28 PM

FIRE MM NOW!!!

No doubt that didn't hurt, but from what I saw of the Bengals this week and last week, they are a pretty good football team.

get louder at lambeau
09-27-2009, 06:29 PM
I'm not mad that we lost but...

You're not mad that we lost? How charitable of you.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 06:30 PM
some fans on this board won't be happy till we score on every drive of every possession.

Once we accomplish that, another group will be unhappy as to how we did it....we scored to quickly. Or, we don't have quick strike capability.

There will also be fans that will be unhappy if we score but pass or run in a sequence they don't like or don't utilize certain players or positions as they know way more than our coaches and he scouting department.

It's like fucking Angelina Jolie and being disappointed that she didn't wear a black teddie.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 06:31 PM

Pure speculation. A different team, different strategies, etc.

Badgerinmaine
09-27-2009, 06:32 PM
If there had been sports talk board when the Ice Bowl was played, there would have been people who would have bitched about that win, too.

Gunakor
09-27-2009, 06:34 PM

And if we play the Rams at Lambeau we destroy them.

I can take a stab at what if's too.

Partial
09-27-2009, 06:36 PM

I agree. There are plenty of questions still surrounding this team. It was a lot closer than the points would lead you to believe.

gbpackfan
09-27-2009, 06:38 PM

I agree. There are plenty of questions still surrounding this team. It was a lot closer than the points would lead you to believe.

Ummm...no, no it wasn't. That's what losers say.

PackerTimer
09-27-2009, 06:38 PM

That's fan talk. Even the 0-16 Lions were able to keep games close last year. These are all professional athletes and the difference between a bad team in the NFL and a good team isn't usually as great as it seems. I can guarantee you this, nobody is going to go into St. Louis an expect to win 35-0, except, maybe, for fans. Teams won't take them lightly. You don't see many 20+ point wins in the NFL and there is a reason for it. The Rams have plenty of a pulse.

PackerTimer
09-27-2009, 06:39 PM

No it wasn't. It was just about what it should be.

mmmdk
09-27-2009, 06:59 PM
Packers > Rams

Vikings on the road next week on MNF is a much bigger task.

wist43
09-27-2009, 07:12 PM

It must be foggy because I'm pretty sure the sky fell...

Still stickin with that "fog theory", huh??? :lol:

pbmax
09-27-2009, 07:19 PM
I will say this for Bedard on the LBers. AJ had a couple of plays in the second half and Barnett stopped Jackson at the LOS when he was given a clear path to the ballcarrier by a superior effort from Kampman.

Other than that (and I was on radio for a good chunk of the game) I thought the DL outplayed the LBers. Raji, Jenkins, Jolly and Pickett all seemed to make the play (or close the hole) or there was room to run. I can't say the LBers made no plays, but the ratio of DL to LB for a 3-4 seemed out of whack.

Bretsky
09-27-2009, 08:02 PM
On one hand I don't think we played well

but that is coming from somebody who has high expectations for the Packers and maybe they are too high

Rodgers did throw some poor passes and like last week missed an easy TD
On the other hand he made no mistakes either

At the end of the day a win is a win and we should be happy

As a Ram fan as well I will say the Rams might be the worst team in the NFL

channtheman
09-27-2009, 08:02 PM
I didn't think anything that I had posted up until that "against a team with a pulse" line was out of hand. Are we all supposed to look at this game and the drops (still) and Rodgers getting sacked (still), and not running the ball well (still) and say FUCK YEAH PACKERS ARE SUPER BOWL BOUND? Is this board for discussion or after every win are we supposed to not look at the negatives. I bet the coaches don't look at the negatives either. After all, we won by 19 points on the road. There probably isn't anything we can improve on at all. :roll:

channtheman
09-27-2009, 08:09 PM
Can you be happy about a win but not necessarily be happy about how the team be played?

denverYooper
09-27-2009, 08:10 PM
Can you be happy about a win but not necessarily be happy about how the team be played?

Yaaaaaaaaaaaar!

channtheman
09-27-2009, 08:14 PM

Yaaaaaaaaaaaar!

Apparently not. I posted some things I didn't like and get attacked like I'm anti Packer fan.

Fritz
09-27-2009, 08:25 PM
There's no doubt this team has plenty of room for improvement. Plenty.

But who doesn't? Which team doesn't have questions?

Which team out there is buzzing along and will continue to do that all the way to the Super Bowl? The Jets? The Vikings? The Patriots?

It's a long season with a lot of ups and downs. I think it's pertinent to discuss what needs work, for sure. On the other hand, I think that just bitching - and I'm not saying you did that - but in general, just bitching as if the team lost seems pretty weak. There seem to be people that are just plain bitter, and that's scary.

I'll take Drew Barrymore in a mumu or a tutu or a hula hoop.

MJZiggy
09-27-2009, 08:28 PM

Wait. We missed the important question here. How'd she do?

channtheman
09-27-2009, 08:30 PM

Which team out there is buzzing along and will continue to do that all the way to the Super Bowl? The Jets? The Vikings? The Patriots?

It's a long season with a lot of ups and downs. I think it's pertinent to discuss what needs work, for sure. On the other hand, I think that just bitching - and I'm not saying you did that - but in general, just bitching as if the team lost seems pretty weak. There seem to be people that are just plain bitter, and that's scary.

Yeah the bitching about the win like the MM hotseat topic are a little much. But if anyone read my post in this topic, I don't see where I deserved to get yelled at by the other posters. And then told I need therapy. I mean seriously?

Deputy Nutz
09-27-2009, 08:34 PM
Like Brett Favre said today, "Any time you can win a game in this league it is special."

Hard to spit fire and brimstone about a win.

This defense still hasn't learned to attack the run, but I did like to see the combination of Bishop and Hawk in the game on early downs. I do not like how Kampman is playing linebacker. He just stands on the line of scrimmage like a goon.

Hawk had a relatively nice day with 6 tackles coming inside the "box", 4 others coming down field. One radio caller on the post game did complain about his play, claiming he couldn't cover a running back in the open field and how he can't get off blocks, so I guess I understand the fact of not being able to please all fans. I also can understand the 90% of all fans don't know what the fuck they are actually watching.

Fritz
09-27-2009, 08:53 PM

Wait. We missed the important question here. How'd she do?

She did fine. She's a good player - middle defender, fastest kid on the team and usually on the field.

And she didn't get hurt. So it's good.

channtheman
09-27-2009, 08:53 PM
edit

HarveyWallbangers
09-27-2009, 09:03 PM

Cleveland takes issue with this. And I wouldn't give up on the Lions just yet.

mission
09-27-2009, 09:03 PM
Chann --

Sacks: Less than last week. Much improved. A couple sacks in the first quarter.

Running game: Actually were able to keep the clock running in the fourth quarter. Haven't been able to do that.

Penalties: Less than we've had all year.

Drops: Less than we've had per game. Big plays that were dropped before were caught today. Nelson had a drop but made a huge catch later. We had two one-handed catches on long plays.

Everything about today is a big improvement.

And the game was NOT closer than the score indicated. At no point did I ever legitimately feel how I did against the Bears and/or Cincy ... I never felt a hint of nervousness that the Rams were going to pull off a victory or that they were playing better than us. Two fluke plays with Chillar lined up at safety gave up 14 points. Other than that Jackson had a few yards... big deal.

gbpackfan
09-27-2009, 09:08 PM

Yeah the bitching about the win like the MM hotseat topic are a little much. But if anyone read my post in this topic, I don't see where I deserved to get yelled at by the other posters. And then told I need therapy. I mean seriously?

This is your problem. You're so sensitive. The therapy thing was a joke. Everyone in here knew it, excpet you. So....on second thought, maybe you should check it out (for real.....no joke.....seriously....get some). :P

channtheman
09-27-2009, 09:51 PM
Chann --

Running game: Actually were able to keep the clock running in the fourth quarter. Haven't been able to do that.

Drops: Less than we've had per game. Big plays that were dropped before were caught today. Nelson had a drop but made a huge catch later. We had two one-handed catches on long plays.

And the game was NOT closer than the score indicated. At no point did I ever legitimately feel how I did against the Bears and/or Cincy ... I never felt a hint of nervousness that the Rams were going to pull off a victory or that they were playing better than us. Two fluke plays with Chillar lined up at safety gave up 14 points. Other than that Jackson had a few yards... big deal.

Good point. I see that I have been looking at it a little bit too harshly. I didn't like how our red zone offense looked in the first 3 possessions at all though we did have the one botched pass by Rodgers. Also coming out of the half with 2 3 and outs really sucks. We did improve in a lot of areas from the first two weeks and that is a good thing.

I disagree with you though. I felt throughout the game that we were gonna give it away. I don't know why though.

Partial
09-27-2009, 09:56 PM
Better than horrible != good, though.

It's a step in the right direction, sure, but I don't think they're going to come close to hanging with the Vikes if they play like they did today. They left 12 points of the board early (when they should have stepped on the throat of the vastly inferior team).

channtheman
09-27-2009, 10:02 PM
Better than horrible != good, though.

It's a step in the right direction, sure, but I don't think they're going to come close to hanging with the Vikes if they play like they did today. They left 12 points of the board early (when they should have stepped on the throat of the vastly inferior team).

I think that this might be why I felt so nervous about the game. Anytime you have big chances to put the game away and don't it can backfire on you.

MichiganPackerFan
09-28-2009, 10:25 AM
I did not get to see nor follow the game today because I was watching my daughter play soccer.

Get your priorities in line Fritz.

Fritz
09-28-2009, 01:08 PM
I know, I know.

I'm a slacker.

The problem - the real problem - is that they won when I didn't watch.

Do I get to watch next Monday or must I not-watch so they win?

I watched the Bears game and the Pack won.

I watched parts of the Bengals game online and the Pack lost, though when I left off they were ahead.

Wait - I think this means I must either watch the whole thing or not watch at all. Any partial watching is doom for the Pack.

I bear such a heavy burden.

mmmdk
09-28-2009, 01:33 PM
I know, I know.

I'm a slacker.

I watched parts of the Bengals game online and the Pack lost, though when I left off they were ahead.

Wait - I think this means I must either watch the whole thing or not watch at all. Any partial watching is doom for the Pack.

Won't matter if you watch or not - BIG L for the Pack.

What I wouldn't give for a Pack win; just don't see it happening.

MichiganPackerFan
09-28-2009, 04:15 PM
I know, I know.

I'm a slacker.

Just don't waste to much of that on the Lions. I know living in MI, its hard not to feel pity, but you just cost us a 120 to negative 7 victory against the rams.

MJZiggy
09-28-2009, 06:39 PM
I know, I know.

I'm a slacker.

I bear such a heavy burden.I can relieve your burden for you. The one game I missed seeing, they lost in miserable fashion. When I was watching, they won. I must never miss a game. Ever.

Bretsky
09-28-2009, 07:44 PM

We can't ignore the Bucs either !

We could have one heck of a playoffs to annoint a worst team in the NFL

Rastak
09-28-2009, 07:48 PM

If I had to schedule the toilet bowl right now it would be Rams Bucs.

Browns would be upset they just missed the grade.

mmmdk
09-28-2009, 07:54 PM

If I had to schedule the toilet bowl right now it would be Rams Bucs.

Browns would be upset they just missed the grade.

Browns gotta make the toilet bowl...yuck! Rams too!

Waldo
09-28-2009, 07:58 PM
partial watching is doom for the Pack.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:rs:

packerbacker1234
09-28-2009, 08:44 PM
Chann --

Good point. I see that I have been looking at it a little bit too harshly. I didn't like how our red zone offense looked in the first 3 possessions at all though we did have the one botched pass by Rodgers. Also coming out of the half with 2 3 and outs really sucks. We did improve in a lot of areas from the first two weeks and that is a good thing.

I disagree with you though. I felt throughout the game that we were gonna give it away. I don't know why though.

Ok: There are reasons the original poster here felt less nervous.

Cincy - bears: We were playing from behind the entire game. I don't think it's as easy as saying the game was as close as the score said: THe game was way closer then the score idicates. It was a one score game in the 4th quarter against one of, if not the, worst team in the NFL. We put it away, but it took us all game to finally put it away.

Yeah, I did feel we would cough it up, but thats because if you look at the game we did not outplay the Rams until the 4th quarter. We were winning the whole game, which is expected agains the Rams, but I never felt we had the game in hand till late.

Say what u want, we were not impressive against the rams. We beat them because we are better then them, but thats about it. We didn't outplay them, we just have better players.

Also, Jackson did more then have a few yards. He gashed the Defense. If anything, the rams needed to give it to him more.