PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - Fantasy Football Commissioner

Partial
07-25-2006, 12:45 AM
We are looking for someone to run the Packer Rats fantasy football league!! What we need out of a commissioner is someone who can organize a large scale league. We don't know exactly how many members are going to want in, or how the best way to do it is. This is up to you. Currently, we have close to 40 members signed up. By the time the season rolls around, I don't think its unreasonable to expect atleast 48 or as many as 64.

In the other thread, over the course of many pages it was established that the best way to do it would be to have several small leagues so that everyone is scoring points and not starting 2nd string rbs and qbs. This is a good idea in my opinion and something I would recommend doing.

Some experience would be preferred, because it is probably going to take a larger time commitment than someone who hasn't ran a league before would expect, however if you're up to the task and willing to gain some huge respect from your fellow rats this is a great opportunity!

The commissioner must find a way to not only include everyone, but to have a playoffs at the end of the season and crown one grand Rat Champion. The best way to do this in my opinion would be to have anywhere from 4 to 8 divisions depending upon the amount of people that sign up, and to use the last several weeks of the regular season as the playoffs.

If you do elect to go with seperate divisions, you can work together with several other Packer Rats as division leaders to manage their own individual divisions and you can oversee the entire operation.

As commissioner, you are responsible to accomodate up to 64 people. After 64, we may have to start cutting off, however if we reach 64 people next week and more want to join we will find a way to accomodate. If there is an uneven number of teams in each division, another member can pick up a 2nd team if they so desire, but no member may control more than two teams. In the event no member wishes to pick up a second team, the commissioner must manage and prepare this team for each week. If they wish to pass this team around amongst the division leaders for the sake of fairness, that is acceptable as well.

You can choose when the cut-off date for signing up is, however it can be no earlier than two weeks before the opening kickoff of the regular season.

Who wants to do it? This could be a very fun experience, we've got to make an effort to include everyone who wants to play and keep the rules fair. While it might seem like a lot of rules, it really isn't. Who wants to do it? We've had a few people volunteer, and we're hoping for a few more people volunteer to lend a hand a division leaders and one commissioner running the show. Come on guys, do something to help out your fellow Packer Rats!

HarveyWallbangers
07-25-2006, 01:11 AM
I nominate Partial.

Partial
07-25-2006, 01:12 AM
I would do it, but i have school, work and other site duties going on. I just want to relax and enjoy FF, not have another responsibility.

RashanGary
07-25-2006, 02:34 AM
Me too Partial. I would love to help out but I've got just enough shit on my plate that just playing will be more than enough, esspecially when the next semester starts.

packrulz
07-25-2006, 05:39 AM
I can attempt to do it but I've never done it before. It would have to be done my way though to keep it simple. I want to keep it at 48 teams or less so we can keep it down to 4 leagues. I guarantee a lot of people will lose interest by the 3rd game anyway. After we have 4 champs we can start a playoff thread on here where I can cut & paste the stats & add them up, high scorer wins. First of all I need a current headcount thread of who still wants to play. I also would like to know if they have played FF before or not so I can give the newbies a league of their own. I volunteered to be commish of one league and Rastak volunteered on another thread so we need 2 more commishioners. Come on guys, it's not that hard. I'll give the head count thread 2 weeks and then we can get the leagues set up. Does this sound like a plan?

Rastak
07-25-2006, 06:17 AM
I can attempt to do it but I've never done it before. It would have to be done my way though to keep it simple. I want to keep it at 48 teams or less so we can keep it down to 4 leagues. I guarantee a lot of people will lose interest by the 3rd game anyway. After we have 4 champs we can start a playoff thread on here where I can cut & paste the stats & add them up, high scorer wins. First of all I need a current headcount thread of who still wants to play. I also would like to know if they have played FF before or not so I can give the newbies a league of their own. I volunteered to be commish of one league and Rastak volunteered on another thread so we need 2 more commishioners. Come on guys, it's not that hard. I'll give the head count thread 2 weeks and then we can get the leagues set up. Does this sound like a plan?

Sounds good.

Partial
07-25-2006, 08:06 AM

Well, with training camp around the corner a ton more people may want to play. This site is going to be getting a lot more traffic. Say 64 people end up joining, it would be 16 per league then instead of 12, but either way its an even number and works, correct?

Zool
07-25-2006, 08:33 AM
If you get more than 12 teams per league, the talent pools is too far dilluted. At 16 teams, someone would have Alex Smith as their backup QB and thats not good.

I say limit it to 48(4x12) with a playoff week and a championship week. Keep in mind that we should skip week 17 altogether as there are always 4-5 teams that rest their starters.

12 weeks of regular season
2 weeks of divisional playoffs
1 week of division winners playoffs
1 RATBOWL...and maybe a consolation game for 3rd place

I will take one of the divisions. We should have 4 total division commissioners. Packrulz, Rastak and 4-12 to 12-4 have also volunteered.

Setup Yahoo like this:
Packrats1
Packrats2
Packrats3
Packrats4

I will look and see if Yahoo can do cross league playoffs in the free side.

Partial
07-25-2006, 08:40 AM
If you get more than 12 teams per league, the talent pools is too far dilluted. At 16 teams, someone would have Alex Smith as their backup QB and thats not good.

I say limit it to 48(4x12) with a playoff week and a championship week. Keep in mind that we should skip week 17 altogether as there are always 4-5 teams that rest their starters.

I will take one of the divisions. We should have 4 total division commissioners. Packrulz, Rastak and 4-12 to 12-4 have also volunteered.

Setup Yahoo like this:
Packrats1
Packrats2
Packrats3
Packrats4

Then we'll have to have the option of 8 eight-team divisions. The commissioner must find a way to accomodate up to 64 people. I don't think there will be that many, I bet there will be around 48, but come up with a scalable plan just in case.

Zool
07-25-2006, 08:45 AM
I have created a league called Packrats1.
Settings are as follows:

Scoring Type Head-to-Head
Max Teams 12
League Start Week 1
Can't Cut List Yahoo! Sports
Max Moves No maximum
Max Trades No maximum
Trade Reject Time 2 days
Trade End Date November 17, 2006
Trade Review League Votes
Waiver Time 2 days
Waiver Type Continual rolling list
Sun - Tue Waivers No
Post Draft Players Follow Waiver Rules
Tight End (TE) 1
Defensive Teams (DEF) 1
Wide Receiver (WR) 3
Quarterback (QB) 1
Runningback (RB) 2
Kickers (K) 1
Bench (BN) 6

Passing Touchdowns 6 Points
Interceptions -2 Points
Passing Yards 25 Yards = 1 Point
Rushing Touchdowns 6 Points
Rushing Yards 10 Yards = 1 Point
Reception Touchdowns 6 Points
Reception Yards 10 Yards = 1 Point
Return Touchdowns 6 Points
Offensive Fumble Return TD 6 Points
2-Point Conversions 2 Points
Fumbles Lost -2 Points
Field Goals 0-19 Yards 3 Points
Field Goals 20-29 Yards 3 Points
Field Goals 30-39 Yards 3 Points
Field Goals 40-49 Yards 4 Points
Field Goals 50+ Yards 5 Points
Point After Attempt Made 1 Points
Points Allowed 0 points 10 Points
Points Allowed 1-6 points 7 Points
Points Allowed 7-13 points 4 Points
Points Allowed 14-20 points 1 Points
Points Allowed 21-27 points 0 Points
Points Allowed 28-34 points -1 Points
Points Allowed 35+ points -4 Points
Sack 1 Points
Interception 2 Points
Fumble Recovery 2 Points
Touchdown 6 Points
Safety 2 Points
Block Kick 2 Points

There is no option to start the playoffs at week 13 so I chose to start it at week 14. There also is no option for playoffs across leagues. We might have to do all the playoffs by hand for this to work. If you start the playoffs in week 14, it schedules 8 teams for playoffs. I am willing to do this.

I ran a paper league for 8 years so a couple of playoff games is no big deal to me. I will post all playoff rosters and starters and results on here.

Zool
07-25-2006, 09:01 AM

Setup Yahoo like this:
Packrats1
Packrats2
Packrats3
Packrats4

Then we'll have to have the option of 8 eight-team divisions. The commissioner must find a way to accomodate up to 64 people. I don't think there will be that many, I bet there will be around 48, but come up with a scalable plan just in case.

8 divisions would add another week of playoffs to the equation. That would make it very tough. IMO we should pick a team limit and stick to it. We could have a vote if it came to that.

BallHawk
07-25-2006, 09:07 AM
Thanks a lot Zool.

Partial
07-25-2006, 09:11 AM

Setup Yahoo like this:
Packrats1
Packrats2
Packrats3
Packrats4

8 divisions would add another week of playoffs to the equation. That would make it very tough. IMO we should pick a team limit and stick to it. We could have a vote if it came to that.

The stipulation is you need to make it work for 64 teams. We have no idea how many people are going to end up signing up. We already have 400+ posters here, we want to include as many as we can. As I said, I don't think you'll get more than 48, but it is using my best judgement that I say we set up the league in a manner in which it can support up to 64.

Spaulding
07-25-2006, 09:27 AM
Where's the latest signup list? I saw the other posting by Smirking Jack and that it was closed due to being full.

Partial
07-25-2006, 09:29 AM
Where's the latest signup list? I saw the other posting by Smirking Jack and that it was closed due to being full.

We are going to start a new one because some people may have lost interest or others may have been too busy to read the entire thread and make a decision. It was on 39 people I believe.

Zool
07-25-2006, 09:33 AM

Setup Yahoo like this:
Packrats1
Packrats2
Packrats3
Packrats4

The stipulation is you need to make it work for 64 teams. We have no idea how many people are going to end up signing up. We already have 400+ posters here, we want to include as many as we can. As I said, I don't think you'll get more than 48, but it is using my best judgement that I say we set up the league in a manner in which it can support up to 64.

How about if we end up with 64 teams we just take the top team from each of the 8 divisions and setup a playoff for them on paper. That would mean weeks 15-17 are hand done playoffs. We could then use weeks 13 and 14 for the top 4 teams in each division to have a playoffs.

What we should do is startup a new signup sheet. Set a hard date for signups and decide from there. We should have each draft completed by Aug 31 as well.

Any opinions on the scoring system I have setup?

Partial
07-25-2006, 09:37 AM
I like that idea Zool. Do you want to run the show? To sweeten the deal, i'll throw in a custom rat title! :cool:

Zool
07-25-2006, 09:43 AM
If no one else has a burning desire to do it, then I could.

We'll start with a signup sheet. Do you want it in the Romper or in here?

August 24th will be the signup cutoff. Each division will need to have an even number of teams for scheduling. We dont neccessarily need 48 teams. If we have 46 then one division will have 10 teams instead of 12. Each division will need its own commisioner because the commish has to have a team in the division and I dont really want 4 teams. Scoring rules will obviously have to be the same across the board.

August 31st will be the draft date cutoff. With yahoo live drafts, the people that dont show up for the draft will be auto drafted. They can pick up in the middle of the draft if they are late.

Playoffs will be decided on the number of teams. After the draft we will discuss all of those options as well.

Partial
07-25-2006, 09:45 AM
Beautiful! We have a commissioner!! Closing this thread since we've got it taken care of. I'll set-up a new announcement in both RR and here to sign up.

Partial
07-25-2006, 10:56 AM
PLEASE POST SIGNUPS IN THE FF SIGNUP THREAD, AND ANYTHING ELSE PERTAINING TO FF IN THE MAIN THREAD. PLEASE LET THESE THREADS DIE A GRACEFUL DEATH AND FALL OFF THE FRONT PAGE TODAY BY NOT POSTING HERE ANYMORE

Partial

Deputy Nutz
07-25-2006, 11:20 AM
sorry to post, but why not just lock it?