PDA

View Full Version : Mark Tauscher

red
09-28-2009, 09:14 AM
this was brought up a lot in the post game show , and i totally agree with it

its time to send someone down the street and have a talk with tauscher. mark says that he's about 90% right now and he's getting close to being ready to go

our tackles right now are horrible. barbre is going to end up getting a-rod killed, you can't take that gamble. you can't risk rodgers career or season by letting a guy that has no clue try and get better.

mark knows the system, he's still has years left in the tank, he'll come pretty cheap, and he was our best lineman before the injury.

i think its time to start talking to the guy, and start working him out a bit to see if he can go.

if he can, GET HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harlan Huckleby
09-28-2009, 09:23 AM
Red, your post is like a message in a bottle that drifted ashore on Lake Michigan. IT was sent by a Packer fan in the Upper Penninsula back in June.

red
09-28-2009, 09:26 AM
Red, your post is like a message in a bottle that drifted ashore on Lake Michigan. IT was sent by a Packer fan in the Upper Penninsula back in June.

yeah, it was my bottle

but now the guy is almost healthy. and his replacement is clearly sucking

pbmax
09-28-2009, 09:27 AM
Where and when did you here the 90% figure?

red
09-28-2009, 09:32 AM

the big unit kept saying it yesterday. it comes from marks dad who is also in the media

mark says he's about 90%

pbmax
09-28-2009, 09:38 AM

the big unit kept saying it yesterday. it comes from marks dad who is also in the media

mark says he's about 90%
I would be tempted to waive Giacomini and get his butt on the PS since he is not going to play. But Randolph is the logical candidate now. Dietrich-Smith would probably clear as well.

Its probably not a good sign that we have good options to clear waivers on the O-Line. :shock:

mraynrand
09-28-2009, 09:48 AM
I am uncomfortable with Tauscher at 90%. When he gets to 93% though, we should reel him in.

Tarlam!
09-28-2009, 09:49 AM
Do I hear 94% ? :D

red
09-28-2009, 10:07 AM
also through the big unit, from marks dad

there has been zero communication between mark and the packers, which bugs me quite a bit

and i think they said he hasn't talked to anymore teams and that he might only want to play for the pack and no one else

Deputy Nutz
09-28-2009, 10:15 AM
I heard an interesting stat last week on the radio some website broke it down that the packers were 28th in the league last year in yards gained rushing to their right side of the line. Maybe this is the reason Tausch hasn't been invited back?

red
09-28-2009, 10:26 AM
I heard an interesting stat last week on the radio some website broke it down that the packers were 28th in the league last year in yards gained rushing to their right side of the line. Maybe this is the reason Tausch hasn't been invited back?

could be

but i'd say our running game hasn't improved much this season, and our qb is getting destroyed from the right

barbre is not ready right now, and if he's not ready then he shouldn't be in there. we can't afford to take the gamble with a-rods future imo

Deputy Nutz
09-28-2009, 10:27 AM

could be

but i'd say our running game hasn't improved much this season, and our qb is getting destroyed from the right

barbre is not ready right now, and if he's not ready then he shouldn't be in there. we can't afford to take the gamble with a-rods future imo

Thompson likes to develop young talent, what else do you want me to say? I believe Matt Flynn is a couple of years younger than Rodgers, so maybe that is TT's goal.

denverYooper
09-28-2009, 10:36 AM

there has been zero communication between mark and the packers, which bugs me quite a bit

and i think they said he hasn't talked to anymore teams and that he might only want to play for the pack and no one else

Randy Johnson is buddies with Tausch? :)

Fritz
09-28-2009, 10:59 AM

Randy Johnson is buddies with Tausch? :)

I thought he was talking about someone's penis.

Gunakor
09-28-2009, 11:26 AM

mark says he's about 90%

What does Mark's doctor say?

You never trust the player to be honest about an injury.

pbmax
09-28-2009, 12:43 PM
I am uncomfortable with Tauscher at 90%. When he gets to 93% though, we should reel him in.
But what is the effectiveness quotient for Barbre?

If Health x Ability = Effectiveness then,

if Barbre is 100% Healthy and 60% Ability (1.0 X .60)= 60% Effective

We should want Tauscher if:

.61 Effective / .80 Ability = .7625

whenever he is over 76.25% healthy.

mraynrand
09-28-2009, 01:33 PM
But what is the effectiveness quotient for Barbre?

If Health x Ability = Effectiveness then,

if Barbre is 100% Healthy and 60% Ability (1.0 X .60)= 60% Effective

We should want Tauscher if:

.61 Effective / .80 Ability = .7625

whenever he is over 76.25% healthy.

The actual effectiveness equation is much more complex. This is not your Father's NFL

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/Tauscherprobability.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
09-28-2009, 01:37 PM
The Packers are desperate for O-line help, they are more familar with Tauscher than any other NFL team, and the PAckers have more room under the cap than most teams.

No other team in the NFL will contact Tauscher, they know G.B. has the inside track and knows the situation.

I think we have to accept that Tauscher is done. :(

pbmax
09-28-2009, 02:02 PM
The fact that he has talked to no one else is odd. Has no one called or has he refused offers? Did they get to that in the post-game?

Pugger
09-28-2009, 06:33 PM
Or has TT told Tauscher he'll be welcomed back in GB once he is healed and Mark hasn't had any real decent offers from any other team? I'm speculating of course...

Bretsky
09-28-2009, 07:43 PM
Red Red Red

The youth on this OL was way too much upside to waste a spot on a reliable starting veteran.

packerbacker1234
09-28-2009, 07:52 PM
Didn't Taucher Grade out really well last season? I mean hell, we know he can minimal pass block. I think if he is healed and medically cleared we would be foolish to not consider having him come back if he wants to.

Our OL needs to get better.

At this point with the current roster roll out this:

Clifton - Spitz - Wells - Sitton - College

Screw Barbre, he has to be taken off the field.

Bretsky
09-28-2009, 08:08 PM
How often do we think Tausch was 100% ? He's probably better at 80% and his knowledge and experience than what we have

Little Whiskey
09-28-2009, 08:13 PM
How often do we think Tausch was 100% ? He's probably better at 80% and his knowledge and experience than what we have

see mathmatical formula above. its as simple as plugging in the numbers. math doesn't lie! at least thats what my highschool math teacher always said.

pbmax
09-28-2009, 08:28 PM
Didn't Taucher Grade out really well last season? I mean hell, we know he can minimal pass block. I think if he is healed and medically cleared we would be foolish to not consider having him come back if he wants to.

Our OL needs to get better.

At this point with the current roster roll out this:

Clifton - Spitz - Wells - Sitton - College

Screw Barbre, he has to be taken off the field.
Tauscher had one of his tougher seasons. He started to struggle with pass blocking which had been his forte.

HarveyWallbangers
09-28-2009, 08:51 PM
Barbre has gotten better each game. He was atrocious in game 1. He was below average but not completely awful in game 2. (Clifton and Colledge really struggled in game 2.) He was almost average in the last game.

MJZiggy
09-28-2009, 09:00 PM
Great! He should be a superstar by the time the season ends...(if Rodgers survives that long)

red
09-28-2009, 10:10 PM
Barbre has gotten better each game. He was atrocious in game 1. He was below average but not completely awful in game 2. (Clifton and Colledge really struggled in game 2.) He was almost average in the last game.

guy gave up 2 sacks last game

thats getting better?

i think we're getting use to a sucky line when we think a green pile of shit is better then a brown shit

its still shit

red
09-28-2009, 10:14 PM
one more thing from the post game show that caught my eye was that the big unit at one point mention that TT has admitted that his greatest regret as a GM was not pursuing wahle more, or not trying harder to keep him or something along those lines

he also said, with that in mind would TT pass and bringing back the guy who has probably been our most reliable back over the last 4 or 5 years? especially when he needs a decent player so bad

HarveyWallbangers
09-28-2009, 10:24 PM
guy gave up 2 sacks last game

thats getting better?

i think we're getting use to a sucky line when we think a green pile of shit is better then a brown shit

its still shit

He had a breakdown on one sack. I'd consider the other a coverage sack or put it on Rodgers. Both in the first quarter. After that, not so bad.

pbmax
09-28-2009, 10:42 PM
Great! He should be a superstar by the time the season ends...(if Rodgers survives that long)

Past performance is not a guarantee of future results. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. May be too intense for some viewers. If condition persists, consult your physician. Subject to change without notice. Simulated picture. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. As seen on TV. One size fits all. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. Falling rocks. No purchase necessary. Check with you Doctor.

Average sounds good to me.

Rastak
09-29-2009, 05:40 PM
Already posted.

sheepshead
09-29-2009, 05:58 PM
Florio says he went to KC for a look-see.

Guiness
09-30-2009, 11:20 AM
The Packers are desperate for O-line help, they are more familar with Tauscher than any other NFL team, and the PAckers have more room under the cap than most teams.

No other team in the NFL will contact Tauscher, they know G.B. has the inside track and knows the situation.

I think we have to accept that Tauscher is done. :(

I said pretty much the same in the other thread. I'm guessing the coaching staff was of the opinion that he was healthy last reason, and still couldn't tow the line, and didn't put it on the RG.