PDA

View Full Version : Vikings Game Prediction

Harlan Huckleby
09-28-2009, 01:31 PM
I'll never say what I'm thinking about this game. It's not nice.

Gunakor
09-28-2009, 01:50 PM
Defensive struggle. Viking's D-Line will rough up Rodgers pretty good. Dom will stress gap control, stopping Adrian Peterson, thus putting the onus on Brett to win the game with his arm - which will be much more difficult for him to do against our secondary than it was against the Niners'. Both teams held under 20 points. Harvin could win the game with a stellar kick return. Woodson could win the game by picking off Favre and taking it to the house. It's really a tough game to pick.

The game is going to be close, but the victor will likely be determined by a big mistake rather than a big play. Green Bay hasn't been guilty of many big mistakes, so I think they pull it off in a real nail-biter.

mmmdk
09-28-2009, 01:59 PM
A nightmare game like the early mid nineties at the Metro! I must be realistic and from what I've seen...I'm pessimistic about a Packer win.

I just hope Packers, somehow, regroups for the revenge game at Lambeau.

denverYooper
09-28-2009, 02:31 PM
They claw one out.

Jimx29
09-28-2009, 02:51 PM
our faulty o-line gets stepped over again and again and we are forced to resort to our fine 2nd-3rd string QBs after a-rod is hauled away on a stretcher :shock:

Partial
09-28-2009, 02:55 PM
We're going to get killed imo. We have the talent to rise to the occasion and I hope we do, but we haven't thus far this season.

I won't rule out a win, but I would be surprised.

30 - 17 Vikings

MadScientist
09-28-2009, 02:55 PM
In the words of Han Solo, 'I've got a bad feeling about this.' The Packers aren't playing well, and the match-ups are bad. I hope I'm wrong, but I see another Cincy type game.

rbaloha1
09-28-2009, 02:57 PM
Depends who controls the tempo. Like the Packers in a shoot-out. Like the Vikings if it is a slow paced defensive struggle.

Waldo
09-28-2009, 03:04 PM
Some Vikings players are going to look especially gay.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/28/pink-gloves-cleats-coming-this-weekend/

They just need some rainbow patches to complete the uni.

Tarlam!
09-28-2009, 03:14 PM
This one will be ugly. AP is a RB God and the Williamses scare the crap out of me.

I see a very apprehensive A-Rod running for his life.

I haven't seen anything so far this season that warrants any optimism. And Brett will be pumped.

Woodson is our only hope.

Bossman641
09-28-2009, 03:14 PM
We're going to get killed imo. We have the talent to rise to the occasion and I hope we do, but we haven't thus far this season.

30 - 17 Vikings

Just out of curiosity Partial, do you judge other teams the way you do the Packers?

You seem very high on the Vikings. I can't shake the feeling though that if the Packers had won as the Vikings did you would be harping about ..

1.) Needing a miracle throw to win a game
2.) Struggling to stop a team missing its biggest offensive weapon
3.) A horrific 2nd half offense (3 punts, TO on downs, and a pick prior to the last drive)
4.) An erratic QB who completed just over 50 percent of his passes
5.) Being exposed repeatedly by the opposing TE

Waldo
09-28-2009, 03:18 PM
Brett historically does not play well against ex-playcallers for a few years.

Mn isn't nearly as good as people think they are.

The Browns scored more points against the Vikes than they did to the Broncos and Baltimore. Combined.

The 49ers scored more on the Vikes than they did to Seattle or Arizona.

The Lions actually had their worst game offensively against the Vikes. The other teams they played were the Saints and Redskins.

The Lions, Browns, and 49ers were all winning at halftime against the Vikes.

Partial
09-28-2009, 03:18 PM

30 - 17 Vikings

Just out of curiosity Partial, do you judge other teams the way you do the Packers?

You seem very high on the Vikings. I can't shake the feeling though that if the Packers had won as the Vikings did you would be harping about ..

1.) Needing a miracle throw to win a game
2.) Struggling to stop a team missing its biggest offensive weapon
3.) A horrific 2nd half offense (3 punts, TO on downs, and a pick prior to the last drive)
4.) An erratic QB who completed just over 50 percent of his passes
5.) Being exposed repeatedly by the opposing TE

They had a bad game against a well-coached, talented team. That niners team was 2-0 and playing good ball.

We on the other hand look undisciplined and sloppy. Our running game isn't good enough to take the pressure off the QB and the QB isn't good enough to win on his own. The O is general has been poor and the defense is sucking wind and will ultimately burn out by week 8 (if things don't change) and they will be the scapegoat despite the offensive woes.

You forget that we needed a miracle throw to win our game, too. Other than that, we struggled against a bad Rams team outside of one quarter.

Kiwon
09-28-2009, 03:21 PM
Anything can happen.

The Pack stops the run and makes Favre throw under pressure then they should get some turnovers. If they don't stop the run they will probably lose the game badly.

Give A-Rod time to throw and the receivers can make the big plays.

Besides.....EVERYBODY knows the conventional wisdom that Farve plays terrible in a dome :mrgreen:

MadtownPacker
09-28-2009, 03:22 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/28/pink-gloves-cleats-coming-this-weekend/

They just need some rainbow patches to complete the uni.For someone who claims to be smart that was really ignorant.

mission
09-28-2009, 03:23 PM

The Browns scored more points against the Vikes than they did to the Broncos and Baltimore. Combined.

The Lions actually had their worst game offensively against the Vikes. The other teams they played were the Saints and Redskins.

This.

Not because we high fived on every Packers score this Sunday, but because I actually believe this. :lol:

Either they're playing down to their competition or they're not elite like everyone is saying.

Waldo
09-28-2009, 03:27 PM
Other than that, we struggled against a bad Rams team outside of one quarter.

That whole "scoring every time we touched the ball" thing in the first half.

Big time struggles.

We scored more than any other team in the NFL yesterday. We suck. Struggled big time against them.

channtheman
09-28-2009, 03:27 PM
This game is a true blowout. Game is over at half time.

mission
09-28-2009, 03:28 PM

31-0 Vikings.

At least!

Chevelle2
09-28-2009, 03:33 PM
We are winning this game. Up 4, Favre is driving and Woodson takes a pick 6 back to the house. Literally walks the last five yards. Backwards, taunting Favre as he goes.

:lol:

Seriously though, I agree with what others have said, It will come down to mistakes. And Favre makes more mistakes than Rodgers.

channtheman
09-28-2009, 03:36 PM

31-0 Vikings.

At least!

For the Packers! :lol:

I don't see why so many of you are down on this team and this game. We are Packer fans aren't we supposed to go to the Super Bowl after beating a team by 19 points on the road? :lol:

MadtownPacker
09-28-2009, 03:37 PM
We are winning this game. Up 4, Favre is driving and Woodson takes a pick 6 back to the house. Literally walks the last five yards. Backwards, taunting Favre as he goes.

Seriously though, I agree with what others have said, It will come down to mistakes. And Favre makes more mistakes than Rodgers.Getting sacked for big losses isnt a mistake?

Gunakor
09-28-2009, 03:39 PM

Seriously though, I agree with what others have said, It will come down to mistakes. And Favre makes more mistakes than Rodgers.Getting sacked for big losses isnt a mistake?

Throwing it away while inside the tackle box drawing a grounding call is a bigger mistake. Forcing a throw where it shouldn't go and getting it picked off is the biggest mistake. Favre will throw that killer interception, Rodgers will not. That's what we're getting at.

HarveyWallbangers
09-28-2009, 03:43 PM
Getting sacked for big losses isnt a mistake?

Which actually seems to be a problem for both QBs this year. Both OL are struggling. The Vikings have been poor picking up blitzes and Favre has taken a lot of sacks also. Both QBs have taken a lot of hits in the first three games.

MadtownPacker
09-28-2009, 03:44 PM
Throwing it away while inside the tackle box drawing a grounding call is a bigger mistake. Forcing a throw where it shouldn't go and getting it picked off is the biggest mistake. Favre will throw that killer interception, Rodgers will not. That's what we're getting at.
Favre so far this year has held himself in check (I have Sunday ticket and have seen the games). He must know that Woodson will be gunning for the INT. He also knows he has peterson to help. I think he plays within himself. Not feeling good about this one for the G&G.

Chevelle2
09-28-2009, 03:48 PM
Favre so far this year has held himself in check (I have Sunday ticket and have seen the games). He must know that Woodson will be gunning for the INT. He also knows he has peterson to help. I think he plays within himself. Not feeling good about this one for the G&G.

Of course you have watched the games - you're hardly a Packer fan.

MadtownPacker
09-28-2009, 03:48 PM

Which actually seems to be a problem for both QBs this year. Both OL are struggling. The Vikings have been poor picking up blitzes and Favre has taken a lot of sacks also. Both QBs have taken a lot of hits in the first three games.I agree that both OL are shitty at pass protection but the difference I have seen is that the old guy feels the pressure and gets rid of it to the check down alot more. My main concern with Rodgers is the total lack of awareness he has shown on many of those sacks. He cant keep getting blasted like that either regardless of how young he is.

KYPack
09-28-2009, 03:51 PM
I think we split with the Vikes this season. We lose the one in Minny and win in Lambeau.

Gunakor
09-28-2009, 03:54 PM

How many did the Niners drop yesterday? At least a couple I saw, without seeing the whole game.

MadtownPacker
09-28-2009, 03:54 PM

Of course you have watched the games - you're hardly a Packer fan.Fuck your groupie ass. I have had Sunday ticket since 99' and have only missed 4 games since then. I live a Cali and still watch em all. I have been two games @ SF 3 times and paid grip. I have been to Lambeau twice and paid grip to do so. I have my garage decked out with G&G. I have shirt, hats and even my wallet with a big bad G on it.

Can your bitch ass say the same? STFU when grown folks is talkin son.

MadtownPacker
09-28-2009, 03:55 PM
How many did the Niners drop yesterday?None, they caught the one bad throw he had.

Gunakor
09-28-2009, 03:56 PM
How many did the Niners drop yesterday?None, they caught the one bad throw he had.

There was a pick 6 to be had as well that was dropped, or so I've heard repeatedly.

mngolf19
09-28-2009, 03:57 PM

And all of this will get you a free packet of ketchup at McDonald's if you ask nicely.

It is a divisional game so throw out everything you know. Doesn't matter who is good or who isn't, stuff happens in these games. I would never bet on a game in this series. A wild guess? Vikes 27 Pack 20 Is close or not so close depending on how you want to look at it. Vikes got a wake up call in this last game, should help them be up for it. Pack doesn't want to get 2 games down. All things being equal, and this series basically is, Vikes should win.

Bossman641
09-28-2009, 03:58 PM

Wrong, at the end of the game one of the niners (Clements?) had a chance to take one back to the house. I'm pretty sure it happened on 4th down so the 49ers took over anyways but he definitely had a shot at it.

SkinBasket
09-28-2009, 03:59 PM

Which actually seems to be a problem for both QBs this year. Both OL are struggling. The Vikings have been poor picking up blitzes and Favre has taken a lot of sacks also. Both QBs have taken a lot of hits in the first three games.I agree that both OL are shitty at pass protection but the difference I have seen is that the old guy feels the pressure and gets rid of it to the check down alot more. My main concern with Rodgers is the total lack of awareness he has shown on many of those sacks. He cant keep getting blasted like that either regardless of how young he is.

Rodgers has run into a few of those sacks. But at the same time, right now he has no confidence in anyone on that line, and I can only assume he has as little trust in our semi-retarded fullbacks, because rushers are coming from everywhere. Having pocket presence is a hell of a lot easier when everyone trusts each other and mistakes are the exception, not the rule.

Waldo
09-28-2009, 04:02 PM

Rodgers has run into a few of those sacks. But at the same time, right now he has no confidence in anyone on that line, and I can only assume he has as little trust in our semi-retarded fullbacks, because rushers are coming from everywhere. Having pocket presence is a hell of a lot easier when everyone trusts each other and mistakes are the exception, not the rule.

There definitely is an excess of pressure coming right up the middle. :lol:

SkinBasket
09-28-2009, 04:13 PM

Waldo, you are a dirty dirty man.

HarveyWallbangers
09-28-2009, 04:20 PM

He's also run out of a few sacks. Those scrambles for first downs count to. It's the catch-22 of having a mobile QB.

Waldo
09-28-2009, 04:22 PM

Completely unintentional. I should have reread it with my dick and fart joke o meter to verify cleanliness.

The interior of the OL has been solid in pass pro. They've given up almost no pressure.

SkinBasket
09-28-2009, 04:34 PM

Completely unintentional. I should have reread it with my dick and fart joke o meter to verify cleanliness.

The interior of the OL has been solid in pass pro. They've given up almost no pressure.

Well, anal rape is a rather apt metaphor for the blocking Rodgers had had to suffer through thus far this season.

As far as the actual interior linemen go, they seem to be holding up in pass protection against the fatties, but they've still let some rather spectacularly unblocked linebackers through unblocked on blitzes. I guess it's also small consolation when the edge guys are running around behind the middle three free as wild buffalo.

falco
09-28-2009, 04:36 PM
We're going to get killed

I won't rule out a win

When you hedge all your bets, you can never be wrong!!!

MichiganPackerFan
09-28-2009, 04:53 PM

Seriously though, I agree with what others have said, It will come down to mistakes. And Favre makes more mistakes than Rodgers.

I can't see woodson taunting anyone like that...

MichiganPackerFan
09-28-2009, 04:59 PM
I don't like seeing #4 in purple, but the man has a right to play if someone wants him. GB made the right choice in going with the future which is AR. MIN isn't as good as everyone thinks and GB will improve with experience.

I pick GB by 7.

MOBB DEEP
09-28-2009, 05:16 PM
When do they play? early or late game?

MichiganPackerFan
09-28-2009, 05:20 PM

the WAY late game! (generally the only one played on monday) :D

imscott72
09-28-2009, 05:22 PM
We're going to get killed imo.

So which is it?? :?:

sheepshead
09-28-2009, 05:24 PM

30 - 17 Vikings

I live for hard hitting commentary like this.

imscott72
09-28-2009, 05:26 PM
I honestly see the Packers playing a hard fought game, but Minny's run game is just too much and I think we lose on a Longwell field goal. I'd love to be wrong.

HarveyWallbangers
09-28-2009, 05:28 PM
I wonder how Partial thinks the Vikings are playing. They played two bad teams, were losing to both at half before pulling away. Then, they beat what most people think is an average team (although that may not be the case at the end of the year) at home on the last play. They seem to be playing pretty unevenly at times also. Perhaps the only difference is that we had guys moving when we were trying to win on the last play of the game.

falco
09-28-2009, 05:41 PM
I wonder how Partial thinks

don't we all

jmbarnes101
09-28-2009, 05:56 PM
Perhaps the only difference is that we had guys moving when we were trying to win on the last play of the game.

So did they if you rewatch the last time he spiked to ball to kill the clock. The whole left side was unset. Should have been called for illegal formation with a 10-second runoff.

This game is going to come down to the refs and we all know how much they love Brett and how little they like the Pack.

MOBB DEEP
09-28-2009, 06:34 PM
Pack barely win, Brett has great game but gets picked by harris

Aaron has better numbers, favre 1 more TD

MOBB DEEP
09-28-2009, 06:35 PM

the WAY late game! (generally the only one played on monday) :D

I was being stupid; as if the whole country wont be anticipating this joint....

bbbffl66
09-28-2009, 06:51 PM
I just can't see a Packers W here. Dome noise, whether piped in or real, great D line and AP are gonna give fits. we can't run the ball, so ARod will be a sitting duck behind a poor OLine.

Queens 27
Packers 13 :cry:

mraynrand
09-28-2009, 07:08 PM

Yikes. Some of those Vikings must be....

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

mraynrand
09-28-2009, 07:10 PM
I wonder how Partial thinks the Vikings are playing. They played two bad teams, were losing to both at half before pulling away. Then, they beat what most people think is an average team (although that may not be the case at the end of the year) at home on the last play. They seem to be playing pretty unevenly at times also. Perhaps the only difference is that we had guys moving when we were trying to win on the last play of the game.

Adrian Peterson played pretty poorly on Sunday.

pbmax
09-28-2009, 07:15 PM

There will be members of each team in pink. Too bad we can't outfit Gilbert in pink pants.

Rastak
09-28-2009, 07:18 PM

There will be members of each team in pink. Too bad we can't outfit Gilbert in pink pants.

Don't spoil Waldo the great's attempt at a shot. Besides, we all know how funny cancer is and how much more important football is than people actually dying.

packerbacker1234
09-28-2009, 07:27 PM
Hard to say we'll win. I want us to, but the vikings, at this point in the season, look like a much more put together team. Can't believe I am saying that after Favre walked in with no time to get ready to play.

I mean, even if they lost, I would say the same thing. Believe it or not: San Francisco is a darn good football team. Their Defense I think will be top 5, IMO, end of the year. Yeah they lost Frank Gore. Know what happened? They proved they could move it in the air. That's impressive.

That being said, Minnesota's offense is more complete. They got the best player in football in AP who you can't ignore, and Mr. Favre showed flashes last week that he can, and will, beat you over the top. Berrian has been a no show, but Sidney Rice and Percy Harvin have more then made up for that. Shanco is huge for Minn in the redzone.

The packers meanwhile have an extremely inconsistent offense with almost no run game. Thats not to fault Grant: Our OL has been horrible, may be one of the worst OL's in the game. Defensively, it appears we are still working it out. Passing wise were solid: How can we not be with Harris, Collins, and that Woodson guy. However, we are getting gashed with that run. We may keep getting turnovers, but it's not like we weren't getting those last year either. Gotta stop the run,a nd when that happens the vikes look ot be more then willing to let favre be favre. Favre didn't really play well save the two TD passes, but he made the plays that mattered.

It's a rivalry game - revenge on both sides. Going to be tight, but vikes are simply the better team, and at home.

24 - 17 - Minnesota. Now if that preseason offense shows up, we win.

mmmdk
09-28-2009, 07:50 PM
Vikings 34 Packers 20

Bretsky
09-28-2009, 07:52 PM
Green Bay wins this game; Take it to the Bank

Fosco33
09-28-2009, 08:00 PM
I don't expect to beat a division foe on the road - except the Lions. If we win - great, if not - we weren't supposed to. I don't see it being a blowout.

pbmax
09-28-2009, 08:35 PM
I predicted 13-2-1 for the Packers year at the start of the season. I see no reason to change my mind now. :satan:

I cannot reveal my sources but take it to the bank that this game will not end in a tie.

Rastak
09-28-2009, 08:36 PM
I predicted 13-2-1 for the Packers year at the start of the season. I see no reason to change my mind now. :satan:

I cannot reveal my sources but take it to the bank that this game will not end in a tie.

Well PB, I'm connected to some NFL insiders and I am hearing the same thing.

mmmdk
09-28-2009, 08:37 PM
Green Bay wins this game; Take it to the Bank

Would that be an American bank...? :lol:

Bossman641
09-28-2009, 08:44 PM

http://fantasyfootballdebate.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/donovan_mcnabb.jpg

Games can end in a tie?

Partial
09-28-2009, 09:05 PM

I don't think they're playing like the '07 Pats or anything but they're playing fine.

They are a very good screen team from what I've seen so I don't foresee us doing too much blitzing. With that said, I don't think Favre has the arm to burn us with the pass for an entire game anymore. I think they'll grind it out and expose our massive liability against the run (though we did do well against Chi in this aspect).

Offensively, the only player who has come to play all three games this year is Driver. I don't think we'll be able to run the ball, and we'll be in max protect consistently as the William's will blow up Sitton and Wells, and then Colledge will get slaughtered by Allen. That said, I suspect we keep Lee and Kuhn in to help in pass protection.

If we go with a short passing game, I think we have a sporting chance. I don't think we will though as lets face it, we haven't yet this year.

Offensively we didn't do much of anything against Chicago despite them having what? 5 or 6 turnovers or something outrageous like that? If it wasn't for that horrible fake punt giving us the ball deep in their territory we would have lost that game in my opinion.

Against the Bengals the offense didn't show up either, it was the D giving us solid field position once again.

I think the Vikes have a better D, a better O right now, better speciial teams and better coaching. I can't imagine a less disciplined team than the Pack so they've got to have that going for them, too.

I think the 3-man rotation for the most part these past couple weeks has really tuckered out our DL men, and if this game was on Sunday I think we'd get brutalized on the run. Giving the big bodies an extra day to rest is key and helpful to our game.

On paper, they whoop us. They have 3 of the best 5 players in the game (Peterson, Allen and Kwill) compared to us having two (Woodson and Driver), but we may have more of the top 10-12 guys. It really hurts that there guys are in positions to exploit our weaknesses (stopping the run, pass blocking).

We shall see.

HarveyWallbangers
09-28-2009, 09:10 PM
Actually, I wasn't really wondering.
:D

Partial
09-28-2009, 09:15 PM

You're on my list.

SkinBasket
09-28-2009, 09:24 PM

Every now and again Harvey really busts out the nut breaker.

MadtownPacker
09-28-2009, 10:07 PM
Adrian Peterson played pretty poorly on Sunday.Biggest concern IMO. He wont be happy that the 49ers contained him. When they shut him down his rookie year he came back the following week and had two TDs against the carebears.

Packers4Ever
09-28-2009, 10:22 PM
Defensive struggle. Viking's D-Line will rough up Rodgers pretty good. Dom will stress gap control, stopping Adrian Peterson, thus putting the onus on Brett to win the game with his arm - which will be much more difficult for him to do against our secondary than it was against the Niners'. Both teams held under 20 points. Harvin could win the game with a stellar kick return. Woodson could win the game by picking off Favre and taking it to the house. It's really a tough game to pick.

The game is going to be close, but the victor will likely be determined by a big mistake rather than a big play. Green Bay hasn't been guilty of many big mistakes, so I think they pull it off in a real nail-biter.

Interesting take on this game, Gunakor, and we all agree it's going to be a rough one. I worry for Arod and we just have to hope our O stiffens up to
keep the other guys from rolling all over him every other play. It irritates the heck out of me that O is going to be playing musical chairs yet again, inexcuseable, I think, that could have been avoided. I AM a TT fan though, we'll just hope for the best, the season is young. Although I'd give up a Win somewhere else if we could take THIS one !! :wink:

HarveyWallbangers
09-28-2009, 10:22 PM
Biggest concern IMO. He wont be happy that the 49ers contained him. When they shut him down his rookie year he came back the following week and had two TDs against the carebears.

He always runs mad. Besides, the Lions contained him pretty well in week 2, so you would have thought he'd come out unhappy last week.

Packers4Ever
09-28-2009, 10:44 PM
[quote="Waldo"]Brett historically does not play well against ex-playcallers for a few years.

The Lions, Browns, and 49ers were all winning at halftime against the Vikes.[/quote

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

How many Ex Play Callers has Brett had since 1992 ??

pbmax
09-28-2009, 11:33 PM
I think they'll grind it out and expose our massive liability against the run (though we did do well against Chi in this aspect).
Somewhere between massive liability and stopping Forte lies the truth.

and we'll be in max protect consistently as the William's will blow up Sitton and Wells
This would pass for analysis if Pat Williams (of the William's plural) was in for passing downs.

Offensively we didn't do much of anything against Chicago despite them having what? 5 or 6 turnovers or something outrageous like that?
Are the Vikings going to be ball secure this game? With Favre and Peterson you don't think there will be turnovers to take advantage of? Opponents are +4 versus the Vikes so far. Sounds like a game where there will be plenty of opportunities.

Against the Bengals the offense didn't show up either, it was the D giving us solid field position once again.
You have to be careful or people are going to forget the massive liability our run D is.

I think the 3-man rotation for the most part these past couple weeks has really tuckered out our DL men, and if this game was on Sunday I think we'd get brutalized on the run. Giving the big bodies an extra day to rest is key and helpful to our game.
Can't argue snaps here:
Pickett: 37, 41, 25
Jolly: 54, 58, 60
Jenkins: 60, 51, 64
Raji: 24, 00, 00
Monty: 00, 17, 12
Wynn: 00, 08, 5

It's essentially a four man rotation, but with half of the downs there are only two D lineman.

On paper, they whoop us.... We shall see.
Paper? Irrelevant.

gex
09-28-2009, 11:37 PM
Packers 31
Queens 24
Packers win easily because they are great and have no flaws, again they probably don't even need to practice for this one, just get some rest and look on to the next game.
Anyone who thinks otherwise isn't much of a fan. :wink:

GrnBay007
09-28-2009, 11:40 PM

mission
09-28-2009, 11:47 PM
You have to be careful or people are going to forget the massive liability our run D is.

MASSIVE liability?

I suspect you will be proved wrong this Monday. He might have 100 yards but I'm betting against a 150+ game from him. We will be *focused* on AP... that's the only given.

MadtownPacker
09-28-2009, 11:54 PM
Biggest concern IMO. He wont be happy that the 49ers contained him. When they shut him down his rookie year he came back the following week and had two TDs against the carebears.

He always runs mad. Besides, the Lions contained him pretty well in week 2, so you would have thought he'd come out unhappy last week.Didnt he score against the lions? Yep, looks like he did. LINK (http://www.nfl.com/players/adrianpeterson/gamelogs?id=PET260705)

He is due to have a big game. The 49ers have better LBs than the Pack. I told SF fans all week that Favre would win the game not peterson. Just had a feeling. Didnt think it would be like that of course. Now I worry Favre wont have to have a good game for them to win. So many on this forum are counting on INTs to happen but if Peterson isnt contained things might go down the toilet fast. For those saying this game dont mean as much and losing it is acceptable.. fuck no it aint ok. Lets cut the bullshit and admit that this game is important cuz it is.

HarveyWallbangers
09-28-2009, 11:59 PM
Didnt he score against the lions? Yep, looks like he did.

Since you are on nfl.com, why don't you post his stats vs. the Lions.

GrnBay007
09-28-2009, 11:59 PM

I see the Chargers and Dolphins are also joining in the cause. Are the Packers not supporting this?

The cause they are supporting is nothing to joke about.

HarveyWallbangers
09-29-2009, 12:03 AM
I see the Chargers and Dolphins are also joining in the cause. Are the Packers not supporting this?

It's a great cause, but there are other ways to support it. The Packers have supported this in the past. Remember the pink Packer gear that started coming out several years ago. Proceeds from those sales went to this cause. I'd rather they continue to support it in that way. My favorite football team wearing pink is just a bit too gay for me.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-29-2009, 12:07 AM

Don't spoil Waldo the great's attempt at a shot. Besides, we all know how funny cancer is and how much more important football is than people actually dying.

Here it comes. another patented Ras soapbox speech.

Damn Robert Schimmel and his comedy book on cancer.

http://www.amazon.com/Cancer-Day-chemo-not-included/dp/0738211583

boiga
09-29-2009, 12:08 AM
I like Gunakor's take on this game. This one will be gritty, dirty, and someone's going to get injured during the proceedings.

That said, it could be anyone's game. I think we have a chance if only because of the coaching advantage. Childress will find some way to screw over his team again.

GrnBay007
09-29-2009, 12:15 AM

It's a great cause, but there are other ways to support it. The Packers have supported this in the past. Remember the pink Packer gear that started coming out several years ago. Proceeds from those sales went to this cause. I'd rather they continue to support it in that way. My favorite football team wearing pink is just a bit too gay for me.

Well, apparently the league decided to support it this way this time.

As a famous Packer once said...."the fans need to get on board now, or keep their mouth's shut."

mission
09-29-2009, 12:54 AM

Well, apparently the league decided to support it this way this time.

As a famous Packer once said...."the fans need to get on board now, or keep their mouth's shut."

And that has what to do with the price of tea in china?

MOBB DEEP
09-29-2009, 01:12 AM

A color? really?

channtheman
09-29-2009, 01:22 AM
Packers 31
Queens 24
Packers win easily because they are great and have no flaws, again they probably don't even need to practice for this one, just get some rest and look on to the next game.
Anyone who thinks otherwise isn't much of a fan. :wink:

Well there weren't any negatives to be looked at from last week. I'm pretty sure that any drops or anything of that nature that MM brought up to the players was responded with a "get over it, we won. by 19 points. on the road. doesn't happen often for a reason dummy." So yeah, I agree. :lol:

MJZiggy
09-29-2009, 06:39 AM

A color? really?

While I'm not especially worried about the color, I think a better choice would be to use the actual ribbon branding that has come to symbolize the cause, you know, link it to the other efforts of the Komen Foundation, etc. I think that the ribbon patches on the jerseys or stickers on the helmets would be way cool. Then they could sell the ribbons and stickers in the pro shops and donate the profits.

Iron Mike
09-29-2009, 07:07 AM
While I'm not especially worried about the color, I think a better choice would be to use the actual ribbon branding that has come to symbolize the cause, you know, link it to the other efforts of the Komen Foundation, etc. I think that the ribbon patches on the jerseys or stickers on the helmets would be way cool. Then they could sell the ribbons and stickers in the pro shops and donate the profits.

http://i38.tinypic.com/6rqcft.jpg

I could see this as a helmet logo for the Colts, Broncos or Chargers.

pbmax
09-29-2009, 07:11 AM
Make the football pink. Fair all around, easier to see. No more Fumblerooski.

MichiganPackerFan
09-29-2009, 08:30 AM

Totally agree - some things are bigger than sports.

Waldo
09-29-2009, 09:23 AM

A color? really?

That whole purple thing isn't helping much....

Sorry for offending some. Just a jab at the Vikes uni.

Wear a pick ribbon patch or something.

Even though it is for a good cause, it is still humiliating for football players to wear pink shoes. Especially when wearing a purple uniform.

Tarlam!
09-29-2009, 09:24 AM

Totally agree - some things are bigger than sports.

In many families, tragedy is dealt with by using humor as a type of lightning rod to channel the pain. So treating deathly disease with humor isn't a new concept.

Sport serves as a temporary escape from daily reality. My deceased wife was a breast cancer survivor and I drove her to the clinic daily for treatments. This sports forum meant the world to me at that time.

I don't think listing life's priorities or how people choose to deal with tragedy is useful in this discussion. These issues are way too personal to make facts out of opininions. And unless you've faced a serious tragedy or been close to a cancer victim you only have a theoretical viewpoint that disqualifies your opinion.

I've had both situations in the last 3 years. I've been exposed to an array of people in similar positions. Nobody has a patent solution on dealing with it.

Zool
09-29-2009, 09:35 AM

Over reaction

mngolf19
09-29-2009, 10:13 AM
I like Gunakor's take on this game. This one will be gritty, dirty, and someone's going to get injured during the proceedings.

That said, it could be anyone's game. I think we have a chance if only because of the coaching advantage. Childress will find some way to screw over his team again.

Boiga, while I'm not going to make Childress out to be some great coach, how exactly would you say that you have a coaching advantage? At this point in their careers they are almost exactly the same. And one could argue that Childress is actually ascending as opposed to MM. Just want to know your opinion.

bobblehead
09-29-2009, 11:29 AM

Boiga, while I'm not going to make Childress out to be some great coach, how exactly would you say that you have a coaching advantage? At this point in their careers they are almost exactly the same. And one could argue that Childress is actually ascending as opposed to MM. Just want to know your opinion.
This game will tell us who is ascending and who is not.

The game turns into a real dogfight...lower scoring than you might expect. With Minny leading 10-7 and driving into our red zone BF tosses a pick 6 late in the third quarter. We try to run it down their throats in the 4th and get our usual 2 holding penalties. BF has one last chance to rally with 2 minutes left and 70 yards to go....at which point he gains 20 yards on the first play then proceeds to toss a 1st down interception...pack wins 14-10!!

I can just hope that Brohm doesn't get elevated from the practice squad and forced into action, thus audibling out of a QB sneak on 4th and 1 :shock:

SkinBasket
09-29-2009, 11:37 AM
In many families, tragedy is dealt with by using humor as a type of lightning rod to channel the pain. So treating deathly disease with humor isn't a new concept.

Sport serves as a temporary escape from daily reality. My deceased wife was a breast cancer survivor and I drove her to the clinic daily for treatments. This sports forum meant the world to me at that time.

I don't think listing life's priorities or how people choose to deal with tragedy is useful in this discussion. These issues are way too personal to make facts out of opininions. And unless you've faced a serious tragedy or been close to a cancer victim you only have a theoretical viewpoint that disqualifies your opinion.

I've had both situations in the last 3 years. I've been exposed to an array of people in similar positions. Nobody has a patent solution on dealing with it.

I agree with Spartacus. If a guy can't have some fun with athletes wearing pink shoes, then what the fuck are we supposed to laugh at? It's not like it's a cancer survivor walk and Waldo's driving by in his car shouting, "Nice shoes faggot!" It's a football game. With guys in pink shoes. Get over yourselves.

Chevelle2
09-29-2009, 11:48 AM
If I am MM, I open the game with a flea fleaker, and continue the rest of the way with 4/5 wide. Make this an aerial assault never before seen. Our 5 receivers, vs your 5 DBs. Make Favre have to play catchup.

Gunakor
09-29-2009, 01:08 PM
If I am MM, I open the game with a flea fleaker, and continue the rest of the way with 4/5 wide. Make this an aerial assault never before seen. Our 5 receivers, vs your 5 DBs. Make Favre have to play catchup.

Bad idea. If we don't at least establish that we're going to try and run the ball at these guys, Jared Allen is gonna pin his ears back and destroy our quarterback. He'll have 5 sacks by halftime, and he won't have broken a sweat yet.

I'd go the opposite route. Pound the damn rock. Run it right at Allen, early and often. Make him wonder. Make him guess. It's our only chance at slowing him down.

MadtownPacker
09-29-2009, 02:03 PM
Didnt he score against the lions? Yep, looks like he did.

Since you are on nfl.com, why don't you post his stats vs. the Lions.I put the link for that purpose. Click on it and you can see yourself.

swede
09-29-2009, 03:25 PM

30 - 17 Vikings

I think you may be right, but I won't rule out that you might be wrong.

mission
09-29-2009, 03:32 PM

30 - 17 Vikings

And I definitely wouldnt rule out the slight possibility that Partial potentially covers all his bases and perhaps with even the slightest amount of luck can pull these quotes at a time of his convenience.

vince
09-29-2009, 03:45 PM
A low scoring game would seem to run counter to the trends that have occurred with these teams thus far this year. Although things can obviously change given only 3 games have been played, here’s how the 2 offenses and defenses have performed relative to the rest of the league thus far.

The Vikings haven’t exactly shut down three of the six worst offenses in the league in Cleveland (32nd), Detroit (27th) and San Francisco (28th).

While the Lions only scored 13 against the Vikes, they gained exactly as many yards as Minnesota in the game. Cleveland – the worst offense in the league, scored 20 against them and San Francisco managed 24. Given the offenses they played against, the fact that the Vikings are only a pedestrian 15th in the league in scoring defense would not seem to bode well for them stopping the Packers, who haven’t played well offensively, but are still 6th in the league in scoring – far better than any of the previous Viking opponents.

The Packers D hasn’t faced the quite the cupcakes the Vikes have thus far, but they haven’t exactly faced high-powered offenses either - Chicago (20), Cincinnatti (24) and St. Louis (28). Green Bay’s D ranks merely 18th in the league in scoring D. Cincinnati has faced the top D in the league thus far (Denver) and Pittsburgh, who traditionally has been very stout and is 8th ranked this season thus far, so they would appear to have a stronger offense than their 24 ranking would indicate.

Offensively, the Vikings are 4th in the league in scoring, going up against the 30th (Cle.), 27th (Det.) and 13th (SF) ranked defenses. The Packers are 6th in scoring offense going against the 9th (Chi.), 16th (Cin.) and 29th (St. L) ranked defenses.

Scoring points, and giving up a fair number of points against very weak offenses overall seems to be the trend for both teams thus far. Based on what I'm reading, it seems that the tendency has been to overrate the Vikings defense here. They have some individuals, but haven't really put it together that well.

Of course this all means we’ll see a 9-7 slugfest.

Partial
09-29-2009, 05:41 PM

30 - 17 Vikings

And I definitely wouldnt rule out the slight possibility that Partial potentially covers all his bases and perhaps with even the slightest amount of luck can pull these quotes at a time of his convenience.

I'm of the believe we're going to get killed. Will I be shocked if win? Yes. Do I think it's impossible? No.

I'm not some cunninglinguist. Sorry.

Fritz
09-29-2009, 05:44 PM

They just need some rainbow patches to complete the uni.For someone who claims to be smart that was really ignorant.

I'm seconding that.

SkinBasket
09-29-2009, 08:45 PM

I'm seconding that.

What a bunch of fucking infected pussies. Boo hoo someone made a gay joke about football. Jesus fucking Christ.

Rastak
09-29-2009, 08:54 PM

I'm seconding that.

What a bunch of fucking infected pussies. Boo hoo someone made a gay joke about football. Jesus fucking Christ.

Waldo puts down an attempt to help fight breast cancer and it's called a joke. I make an outstanding reference to David Carradine and don't get a single laugh....oh well....it's the way things roll on the internet.

:wink:

falco
09-29-2009, 08:57 PM

I'm seconding that.

Waldo puts down an attempt to help fight breast cancer and it's called a joke. I make an outstanding reference to David Carradine and don't get a single laugh....oh well....it's the way things roll on the internet.

autoerotic asphyxiation is no laughing matter Rastak

pbmax
09-29-2009, 09:01 PM

I'm seconding that.

Yeah, its like Carson and Lincoln jokes. My Carradine reference a while back go no reaction at all. Unless it was stunned silence.

SkinBasket
09-29-2009, 09:02 PM

Waldo made fun of pink shoes. You want to make more of it than there is. I also had the exact same problem with the whole Carradine thing recently in the RR.

Rastak
09-29-2009, 09:06 PM
Falco, I completely understand what you are saying.....I'm not sure I hold equal people contracting a fatal disease with a dude trying to hang himself while jacking off and actually dying....but yea, neither is very funny so point well taken.....although one person sort of asked for it and other millions didn't.

falco
09-29-2009, 09:09 PM
Falco, I completely understand what you are saying.....I'm not sure I hold equal people contracting a fatal disease with a dude trying to hang himself while jacking off and actually dying....but yea, neither is very funny so point well taken.....although one person sort of asked for it and other millions didn't.

sorry, I was being semi-sarcastic.

certainly for those who have lost a loved one to it, AEA is no laughing matter. but the premise itself does lend itself to dark humor.

and your point is well taken about the cause - it is certainly preventable.

The Leaper
09-29-2009, 09:43 PM
Don't like this matchup...Vikes by 10.

Zool
09-29-2009, 09:48 PM
Pink shoes= Vikings loss no matter the reason they are wearing them

This place is getting less funny and entertaining by the minute

Tyrone Bigguns
09-29-2009, 09:51 PM

ty is doing his part....youtube vid of drunk hottie getting kicked out and Ty slandering fritz up right now!!!

Rastak
09-29-2009, 09:58 PM

I guess if the purpose of this site is to be funny and entertaining, mock shit and generally have a good time while throwing shit at each other then you are likely right. I found the group here, and CE and JSO had some really good football takes and that's why I hung around. Sure, there was some funny stuff and that helps a bunch and is very entertaining but this stalking posters and endless sarcasm doesn't make for that great football discourse.

That's just my opinion.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-29-2009, 10:00 PM

I guess if the purpose of this site is to be funny and entertaining, mock shit and generally have a good time while throwing shit at each other then you are likely right. I found the group here, and CE and JSO had some really good football takes and that's why I hung around. Sure, there was some funny stuff and that helps a bunch and is very entertaining but this stalking posters and endless sarcasm doesn't make for that great football discourse.

That's just my opinion.

Ty is curious. Who do you think is being stalked?

falco
09-29-2009, 10:00 PM

That's just my opinion.

Ras, IMHO you're one of the best posters here and always bring a good take.

Zool
09-29-2009, 10:02 PM

That's just my opinion.

At the start we had tons of shit being thrown back and forth between posters while having very good football conversations, but it was all in good fun. Lately its just gotten to the point where people can't take a joke. Waldo wasn't saying anything except that pink shoes on a football team says something about their sexual orientation. I think that's pretty funny. I highly doubt it even entered his mind to make fun of cancer.

superfan
09-29-2009, 10:15 PM

That's just my opinion.

You're right, Rastak, time to get back to the basics. Here's my prediction.

Universally loved, upstanding individuals (i.e. Packerrats) loved, Green Bay Packers 31

Universally hated, long haired aging hippy and other misguided fans loved, Minnesota Vikings 24

Edit - I have met personally and fondly respect and like on all accounts (despite his Viking loving attitude) Rastak, so this should not be deemed offensive or inappropriate.

Looking forward to this Monday.

Rastak
09-29-2009, 10:24 PM

That's just my opinion.

At the start we had tons of shit being thrown back and forth between posters while having very good football conversations, but it was all in good fun. Lately its just gotten to the point where people can't take a joke. Waldo wasn't saying anything except that pink shoes on a football team says something about their sexual orientation. I think that's pretty funny. I highly doubt it even entered his mind to make fun of cancer.

Ok, sorry for the rant....

I doubt he's that stupid but that's not really what I'm taking about. I'm guessing he was attempting the ole give the opponent some shit which has existed since the dawn of time.

People state their half assed opinions, or their well thought opinions, or their out of left field opinions on this board all the time. That's fine.

It seems on this board if certain posters state something, a self appointed gang tears into them.

Takes on things should all be rebutted without all the bullshit IMO.....now Admin gets to make that call. If he's cool with how it all works then that's how it is. Humor is fine, I've laughed my ass of at some of the clever things I've seen here. I just find it unproductive having people whose entire post is yea, he sucks.

In addition, a certain segment adds one line shots to every discussion. The entire post is a one line shot and nothing more.

Again, if that's what we're shooting for then that's fine. A one line word or response if fine....but if that's all you do, 90% of the time?

Anyway, just my take.

Rastak
09-29-2009, 10:27 PM

That's just my opinion.

Universally loved, upstanding individuals (i.e. Packerrats) loved, Green Bay Packers 31

Universally hated, long haired aging hippy and other misguided fans loved, Minnesota Vikings 24

Edit - I have met personally and fondly respect and like on all accounts (despite his Viking loving attitude) Rastak, so this should not be deemed offensive or inappropriate.

Enjoy the game Superfan! You're cool.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-29-2009, 10:28 PM

That's just my opinion.

Ok, sorry for the rant....

I doubt he's that stupid but that's not really what I'm taking about. I'm guessing he was attempting the ole give the opponent some shit which has existed since the dawn of time.

People state their half assed opinions, or their well thought opinions, or their out of left field opinions on this board all the time. That's fine.

It seems on this board if certain posters state something, a self appointed gang tears into them.

Takes on things should all be rebutted without all the bullshit IMO.....now Admin gets to make that call. If he's cool with how it all works then that's how it is. Humor is fine, I've laughed my ass of at some of the clever things I've seen here. I just find it unproductive having people whose entire post is yea, he sucks.

In addition, a certain segment adds one line shots to every discussion. The entire post is a one line shot and nothing more.

Again, if that's what we're shooting for then that's fine. A one line word or response if fine....but if that's all you do, 90% of the time?

Anyway, just my take.

Who are these posters?

superfan
09-29-2009, 10:32 PM

That's just my opinion.

Enjoy the game Superfan! You're cool.

You too. Where are your tickets?

Rastak
09-29-2009, 10:33 PM
Second deck, 5th row.....not bad at all.

Rastak
09-29-2009, 10:35 PM
Ty, read a few posts and it will be readily apparent.

Plus, decide if the 3rd person is how you want to roll. You keep switching.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-29-2009, 10:43 PM
Ty, read a few posts and it will be readily apparent.

Plus, decide if the 3rd person is how you want to roll. You keep switching.

ty doesn't adhere to any of your white man rules.

Posts: Ty has read. Ty doesn't see any stalking. Ty sees a game thread in which different posters objected to different posts by a certain poster. Ty also notes that the game thread had no problems till that poster arrived. Ty also asks Ras to look at the thread...said poster made only negative posts about the pack. Not one single positive post...cept for one.

Ty also notes said poster then created 6-8 new threads and then created a highly controversial thread that was started to get a reaction. Said poster got a reaction.

Do you think Ty gets stalked?

Zool
09-30-2009, 12:44 AM
said lots of things

We are in agreement on most of this Ras. We had some peace and good talk with some solid shit talk around here at the end of the summer. Even Da Baddest was here and chiming in with some give and take before the first game. Its degerated again. Thats the part that I was referring to about being not fun. I just wish people who just come to argue would STFU.

Waldo is a solid contributor and I think we all knew he was poking fun at the 'queens' with the pink shoe thing. I thought it was odd that he was called out by multiple people about it.

chain_gang
09-30-2009, 08:36 AM
I'm predicting Green Bay to win here. While many have bashed Green Bay for not thoroughly dominating the Rams(even though they won by 19). Minnesota hasn't been dominating either in their two games against lackluster opponents(Cleveland and Detroit).

An interesting nugget I've found, and if this has already been brought up by another I apologize, is that Adrian Peterson has a career average of 5.2ypc. However, on Sundays his average is 5.4 ypc, while playing on Monday nights his stats are 60car. 213yds. 3.55ypc. Which could be part of the reason he's called All Day. All kidding aside he's only played 3 Monday night games and it is a little early to even bring up these stats, but they may turn out to be meaningful.

Two players who worry me, that really haven't been brought up are Chester Taylor out of the Backfield, and Visanthe Shiancoe. They can both create coverage problems for our backers, and hopefully Capers can come up with a scheme to stop them. I believe he can come up with something....

Therefore, Green Bay 24 Minnesota 16