PDA

View Full Version : Packers work out 5 other OL besides Levi

packers11
09-29-2009, 05:55 PM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/insider/index.shtml

Levi Jones, 5 other offensive linemen work out for Packers

The Packers worked out three guards and three tackles on Monday, according to a source with access to the NFL's internal transaction wire.

The most notable name was tackle Levi Jones, the former first-round draft pick who has played in 94 NFL games (including 89 starts), all for the Cincinnati Bengals.

The other two tackles were: Peter Fields, who plays for the Odessa Roughnecks of the Indoor Football League, and Isaac Sowells, a former fourth-round pick of the Cleveland Browns.

The three guards were: Cody Balogh of Montana (who has spent time on the Bears practice squad), Stanley Daniels of Washington and Ryan Delrosal of Dixie State.

-- Rob Demovsky, rdemovsk@greenbaypressgazette.com
http://twitter.com/RobDemovsky

I wonder why no Tausch?
:?

Fritz
09-29-2009, 05:58 PM
Because he's not physically ready?

I hope the team signs Levi Jones. My gosh, we all seem so fond of him already - calling him by his first name.

I wonder how his wife is doing? And the kids, are they doing okay in school?

Good ol' Levi.

sheepshead
09-29-2009, 05:59 PM
Put this on the other thread-Florio says he was in KC.

falco
09-29-2009, 05:59 PM

Which one - the Mark Tauscher general interest thread, or the Mark Tauscher went to KC thread? :lol:

sheepshead
09-29-2009, 06:00 PM
I know just saw that, thought we were supposed to keep topics in one thread.

Fritz
09-29-2009, 06:02 PM
Wait, who went to KC?

Levi Jones or Mark Tauscher?

sheepshead
09-29-2009, 06:05 PM
Shit, I dont know, now Im confused....

Rastak
09-29-2009, 06:05 PM

Which one - the Mark Tauscher general interest thread, or the Mark Tauscher went to KC thread? :lol:

One can never have too many threads.... :roll:

Fritz
09-29-2009, 06:11 PM
So you're a sharp-dressed man, Ras?

falco
09-29-2009, 06:13 PM

:worship:

Rastak
09-29-2009, 06:15 PM

Not sure I'd go that far.

Fritz
09-29-2009, 06:16 PM
Well, you seem to like having a lot of threads...

Rastak
09-29-2009, 06:18 PM
Well, you seem to like having a lot of threads...

Back to the other sort of thread, I added the same news to the original perfectly functioning thread but then realized a shiny new thread had been created. Which is fine, it is rather earth shattering news... :wink:

sheepshead
09-29-2009, 06:19 PM

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e102/heymike0308/huggybear1.jpg

Waldo
09-29-2009, 07:19 PM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/insider/index.shtml

The Packers worked out three guards and three tackles on Monday, according to a source with access to the NFL's internal transaction wire.

The most notable name was tackle Levi Jones, the former first-round draft pick who has played in 94 NFL games (including 89 starts), all for the Cincinnati Bengals.

The other two tackles were: Peter Fields, who plays for the Odessa Roughnecks of the Indoor Football League, and Isaac Sowells, a former fourth-round pick of the Cleveland Browns.

The three guards were: Cody Balogh of Montana (who has spent time on the Bears practice squad), Stanley Daniels of Washington and Ryan Delrosal of Dixie State.

-- Rob Demovsky, rdemovsk@greenbaypressgazette.com
http://twitter.com/RobDemovsky

I wonder why no Tausch?
:?

We signed the guy in bold to the PS and released Randolph.

These are call in case of emergency guys.

We're taking some lumps with Barbre, but really, aside from a play here or there, he hasn't been too bad these last two games. Kid's getting better fast. I bet we have a very legit RT in him by the second half of the season.

I like the possibilities of what we can do with him on the edges in the run game. If we move to athletic T's, fast shifty RB's should follow as a change of pace. They aren't typically too useful on the inside, but if you got tackles that can block to the edge, they can be real effective. That simply isn't Taush/Clifton's game.

Fritz
09-29-2009, 07:52 PM
I think we call him "Staniel Daniels" now. Everybody, even the lowliest PS guy, needs a nickname.

red
09-29-2009, 08:31 PM
this is that second time that we've brought in fields for a workout this year

someone must like something there

heres a youtube clip to show you how big the guy is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoDsmpywtD4

at least with all the guys being brought in it appears TT and M3 realize theres a problem. but its too bad that they don't think they have enough of a problem to bring in tousch yet

Zool
09-29-2009, 09:54 PM
Steely Daniels?

MJZiggy
09-29-2009, 10:03 PM

at least with all the guys being brought in it appears TT and M3 realize theres a problem. but its too bad that they don't think they have enough of a problem to bring in tousch yet

Why do they need to work Tausch out? They know what he can do...

Tyrone Bigguns
09-29-2009, 10:23 PM

Why do they need to work Tausch out? They know what he can do...

Really? He is coming off a bad season and being injured.

You are forbidden from ever becoming packer gm.

Packgator
09-29-2009, 11:19 PM

I was hoping for the guy from Dixie State. Dixie State?

CaptainKickass
09-30-2009, 11:41 AM
I think we call him "Staniel Daniels" now. Everybody, even the lowliest PS guy, needs a nickname.

Or:

"Jack" Daniels

Or:

"Charlie" Daniels

KYPack
09-30-2009, 11:50 AM

I was hoping for the guy from Dixie State. Dixie State?

You do learn something every day.

Dixie State is in St George, Utah?!

Fritz
09-30-2009, 07:52 PM
They say those Dixie Chicks are pretty hot.

Harlan Huckleby
09-30-2009, 08:32 PM
We're taking some lumps with Barbre, but really, aside from a play here or there, he hasn't been too bad these last two games. Kid's getting better fast.

Jeez, I'm seeing something different. He was getting beat on pass rush against Rams, that was not acceptable play.

he did better compared to the disaster game, sure enough. Maybe he'll be OK by 2nd half of season, as you suggest, but I'm not seeing the green shoots yet.

Remember Wee Willy Whiticker? HE was also said to be athletic, just needed some experience. He never got better during that first and only season. Significant development is not certain.

I say the Barbre watch continues.

KYPack
09-30-2009, 09:30 PM
We're taking some lumps with Barbre, but really, aside from a play here or there, he hasn't been too bad these last two games. Kid's getting better fast.

Jeez, I'm seeing something different. He was getting beat on pass rush against Rams, that was not acceptable play.

he did better compared to the disaster game, sure enough. Maybe he'll be OK by 2nd half of season, as you suggest, but I'm not seeing the green shoots yet.

Remember Wee Willy Whiticker? HE was also said to be athletic, just needed some experience. He never got better during that first and only season. Significant development is not certain.

I say the Barbre watch continues.

Yes, Barbre had a Whittaker-like game against Chicago. I watched a little of the tape on Barbre and he got raped by Wally Ogunleye. On his first pass pro, Barbre got knocked right on his ass by Wally. Wally timed his charge and punch to a rhythmn on Barbre's first kick step. An old pro trick to be sure, but it worked like a champ. After that, Barbre was scared to make an obvious kick step and tried to shuffle back to his set up. So Ogunleye just speed rushed and bull rushed the shit out of him. He was worse than nothing that whole game.

Campen or somebody has coached him back up to using his fundamentals. And he has improved each game by baby steps, but as Harlan observes, he ain't there yet. He is not Wil Whittaker. He's strong and isn't afraid to mix it up. He is green and must improve more if he intends on doing that job. I think he can do it, but the results will be the proof of that question.

He's a tough guy, but not the sharpest knife in the drawer. He will have to apply himself 100% if he hopes to do the job. Let's hope he gets 'er done.