PDA

View Full Version : Packers' personnel : The Good Edition

Sparkey
09-29-2009, 09:37 PM
http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-20376-Green-Bay-Packers-Examiner~y2009m9d28-The-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-Packers-personnel-edition[/b]

..........The Good

Aaron Rodgers: As is the case for most teams that have two or more wins so far, Rodgers has excelled at the quarterback position and is the main reason for the Packers' success. His stats are not as flashy as they were last season, but through three games he has thrown for just 82 less yards than he did in 2008 (which included a game against the Lions) and has thrown just as many touchdown passes (four).

Along with Kyle Orton, Rodgers is one of two quarterbacks who have played in all three games and not thrown an interception or lost a fumble. Life has been easy on Orton as the Broncos have rushed 102 times through three games, third in the league, compared to the Packers' 77.

Rodgers has managed games beautifully and let the action come to him instead of pressing. Things may change next week when the Packers take on the Vikings Monday night in what is surely the biggest game of the year for both teams. As for now, the Packers' signal caller has been outstanding running the ship that is the Packers offense............

This is only a small portion of what is at the link.

superfan
09-30-2009, 12:26 AM
More from the article:

Good - Aaron Rodgers, Charles Woodson, Donald Driver, Cullen Jenkins, Jolly Jolly

Honorable Mention - Clay Matthews, Donald Lee, Tramon Williams, Aaron Kampman, AJ Hawk

The article contains commentatry describing the virtues of Woodson, Driver, Jenkins, and Jolly, but not Matthews, Lee, Williams, Kampman, Hawk.

The author is obviously a Packer fan, evidenced by the use of "we" when describing how much "we" missed Jenkins last season. Would be interesting to read more about the honorable mention guys.

SkinBasket
09-30-2009, 08:30 AM
I'm excited about the future of Clay Matthews more than anyone else on the team.

KYPack
09-30-2009, 08:48 AM
I'm excited about the future of Clay Matthews more than anyone else on the team.

Lotta ceiling there, I'd think. When I first saw CM Jr, I thought he was a scawny kid, several seasons from helping us. He is a hustler and has solid instincts. He makes the odd mistake and appears to correct them. Kevin Greene is probably the best guy in the world to be his mentor.

SkinBasket
09-30-2009, 11:54 AM
When you see him making plays on the field, he always seems to be playing with aggressiveness and confidence. Maybe it's just the stark contrast to Poppinga though.

swede
09-30-2009, 12:17 PM
I don't know how the coaching staff can possibly consider allowing Clay Matthews to start ahead of Poppinga. Poppy sprints to be the first in line for every drill. He volunteers to hold the dummies. He helps pick up the field after every practice. What kind of a high school program would we have if we didn't reward that kind of positive attitude?

Sparkey
09-30-2009, 01:14 PM
Barring injury, Clay Matthews is going to be a terror at OLB for the Packers. Just think what he will be able to do once he fully understands Caper's system.

On that note, I hope this system lasts a while.

Fritz
09-30-2009, 07:52 PM
I don't know how the coaching staff can possibly consider allowing Clay Matthews to start ahead of Poppinga. Poppy sprints to be the first in line for every drill. He volunteers to hold the dummies. He helps pick up the field after every practice. What kind of a high school program would we have if we didn't reward that kind of positive attitude?

And he proselytizes at the line of scrimmage.