PDA

View Full Version : Bert's interview

Tyrone Bigguns
10-01-2009, 08:30 PM
Classic double-spin coming from Bert. Coveniently, carefully rearrange history to avoid saying anything that might have mattered at the time, while twisting and turning the answer into a run-on filibuster while finally landing into a totally different topic than what was originally asked, with no one from the Packers calling him, because he's a family man that just wants to play football and possibly win a Super Bowl after coming back from a serious arm injury.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/63147652.html

(Why Minnesota this time? Why not stay with Jets?)
"Well, I wasn't willing to have surgery at that time, that's first and foremost and the biggest. Because as I left there, we had already done an MRI, we knew what the problem was and I was like, 'You know, 39 years old, I'm not willing to go through that' at that time. It was right after we had finished, we had started off obviously great, 8-3, and everybody was feeling good about the team and where we were going, and then it was very disappointing after that. And I knew I had an injury that would require surgery if I chose to play, and as disappointed as I was, I chose to go home and not have it, and they chose to go in a different direction. That's how it evolved."

(But you asked for release, why do that?)
"Well first of all, none of that matters now anyway. What matters is this game Monday night, and that's all that matters. And this team has welcomed me here. It's been a lot of fun, it's been a lot of work, but I'm having a good time. And that's all that matters. I had a great time in New York, enjoyed the guys there, enjoyed being with Mike Tannenbaum and Woody, those guys were great, Eric, on down the line, it was fun. I wish we'd ended up a little bit better, but that's over and done with."

This part of the interview cracks me up. He is so full of shit it's coming out of his ears.

Fritz
10-01-2009, 08:33 PM
It's a stock answer for athletes in the past ten years or so: I just want to move on.

I do not wish to address my transgressions. That's all in the past

What I would like is for someone to ask an athlete about a game-winning play or a stellar season from yesteryear, and have the player say "I'd rather not talk about. I just want to move on."

Rastak
10-01-2009, 09:19 PM
It's a stock answer for athletes in the past ten years or so: I just want to move on.

What I would like is for someone to ask an athlete about a game-winning play or a stellar season from yesteryear, and have the player say "I'd rather not talk about. I just want to move on."

No offense but isn't that EXACTLY what McCarthy said?

Hard time for everybody, don't want to talk about it.

pasquale
10-01-2009, 09:25 PM

admit it...you LOOOOOOOOOVE him

Tyrone Bigguns
10-01-2009, 09:34 PM

Viking fans are like the guy who is now dating the town tramp who has banged every guy while loudly proclaiming how she LOVES her boyfriend.

"that was in her past, she is different now, what we have is real."

mission
10-01-2009, 09:37 PM
that's exactly what it is, ty... you know those are my kind of analogies :wink:

Rastak
10-01-2009, 09:38 PM

I do not love McCarthy.....not at all.

pasquale
10-01-2009, 09:39 PM

Viking fans are like the guy who is now dating the town tramp who has banged every guy while loudly proclaiming how she LOVES her boyfriend.

Heh. Brent's kisses are like handshakes. Slut.

Rastak
10-01-2009, 09:40 PM

Heh. Brent's kisses are like handshakes. Slut.

Musberger? That sounds disgusting.

pasquale
10-01-2009, 09:43 PM
haha, nice one Ras :)

pbmax
10-01-2009, 09:47 PM

Except there is a central conflict to Brett's story, that he didn't want to go through surgery because he didn't want to come back. But he asked for the release (twice if published reports are to be believed) prior to any surgery.

McCarthy has no such central conflict, although there is a debate about exactly what he told Brett on the phone calls about coming back in May/June.

The better comparison is Thompson, who probably stepped into a big pile of goo when he said if he comes back he will get the chance to compete and might have to backup. I side with Thompson in most of this case and I think he was kidding everyone here. I would bet there was a clear preference for a trade once Brett was willing to come to camp.

pasquale
10-01-2009, 09:50 PM

I do not love McCarthy.....not at all.

Is that because he's beat your favorite team 5 out of 6 times? 8-)

Rastak
10-01-2009, 10:03 PM

Except there is a central conflict to Brett's story, that he didn't want to go through surgery because he didn't want to come back. But he asked for the release (twice if published reports are to be believed) prior to any surgery.

McCarthy has no such central conflict, although there is a debate about exactly what he told Brett on the phone calls about coming back in May/June.

The better comparison is Thompson, who probably stepped into a big pile of goo when he said if he comes back he will get the chance to compete and might have to backup. I side with Thompson in most of this case and I think he was kidding everyone here. I would bet there was a clear preference for a trade once Brett was willing to come to camp.

I would believe it for sure that he asked for his release twice. He didn't want to go to the AFC, he was traded there and played there because he had to. He was due 12 mil and they were up against the cap. If I were him, I'd want my options to be open....actually all players want that, it's just some have leverage and some do not. There is no way with a new staff they want a 39yo QB making 12 mil back. I know Tannenbaum says differently but do you believe everything a GM says? Probably not.

Rastak
10-01-2009, 10:05 PM
"Is that because he's beat your favorite team 5 out of 6 times? 8-)"

Wow, I didn't realize. Not bad for McCarthy. It'll be 5 of 7 Tuesday..... :wink:

pbmax
10-01-2009, 10:06 PM

I would believe it for sure that he asked for his release twice. He didn't want to go to the AFC, he was traded there and played there because he had to. He was due 12 mil and they were up against the cap. If I were him, I'd want my options to be open....actually all players want that, it's just some have leverage and some do not. There is no way with a new staff they want a 39yo QB making 12 mil back. I know Tannenbaum says differently but do you believe everything a GM says? Probably not.
And there is your conflict. Brett is not ever going to say that. It was all just a giant co-winkydink.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-01-2009, 10:12 PM

The big difference is who negotiated in good faith. The jets acquired him and said they wanted him back...now, you may be right, but...because Bert was Bert...you'll never know.

the jets gave him his release because he said he was retired. That is acting in good faith..and doing what is right. Now, if they believed Bert was a liar...like every sane pack fan knows he is, they woulda kept his rights. And, forced him to stay retired or forced him to look like a lying asshole for the second time.

Rastak
10-01-2009, 10:12 PM
I agree, he won't say it....you ever listen to any athlete interview? He'll spin a few things without outright lying. It's because it's bad pub to say, "I do not want to play here and they are screwed cap wise if I delay my decision...so they will have to let me go".

I freely admit he wanted to play for the Vikings last year. No QB, good running game, familiar offense, coaches he knows, good defense. Perfect fit. TT wanted NO PART OF THAT. None.

edit: was talking to PB.

ThunderDan
10-01-2009, 10:25 PM

He could have gone to Tampa.

packerbacker1234
10-01-2009, 10:44 PM

With a average at best D, no run game, no WR's, and a bad OL?

Yeah, thats where Brett Wanted to go. If any team was ever "one player short" it was the vikings. Went to the playoffs last year and couldn't go anywhere because they missed that key component: A good QB.

I also don't go as far as to call Favre a outright liar. I mean, I am positive he lied. But if he has lied, then I am also positive that TT and MM have also lied, and so has Childress and the GM of the Jets. Eric Mangini most likely has lied about everything too. My point here is, everyone feels Favre has lied about everything because they are choosing to believe another who has given you absolutely no reason to actually believe them, except that you desperately want to believe them so instead of being mad at the packers and the front office, or the front office of the jets, or being pissed at Childress, we can enforce all of our anger squarely on #4.

Meanwhile, #4 runs around, putting up still memorable games (like last week, and when he was the reason the jets beat the titans last year and went 8-3 talking super bowl) produces most likely yet another winning season, and keeps getting himself into "better" situations. Unlike with the packers, the jets had no true star at the time for QB (or someone ready to take over), and now neither do the vikings. Jets had a losing season the year before, #4 shows up, 9-7. Vikings were a playoff team last year at 9-7, so you would figure at least playoffs at 11-5 this year.

He has made the team better. Last year he finally had that one injury he should not of played through. I wont hate him for it. I wont hate him because he did most likely lie, but I am also positive everyone else involved lied too.

Everyone lies.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-01-2009, 11:02 PM

Yeah, thats where Brett Wanted to go. If any team was ever "one player short" it was the vikings. Went to the playoffs last year and couldn't go anywhere because they missed that key component: A good QB.

I also don't go as far as to call Favre a outright liar. I mean, I am positive he lied. But if he has lied, then I am also positive that TT and MM have also lied, and so has Childress and the GM of the Jets. Eric Mangini most likely has lied about everything too. My point here is, everyone feels Favre has lied about everything because they are choosing to believe another who has given you absolutely no reason to actually believe them, except that you desperately want to believe them so instead of being mad at the packers and the front office, or the front office of the jets, or being pissed at Childress, we can enforce all of our anger squarely on #4.

Meanwhile, #4 runs around, putting up still memorable games (like last week, and when he was the reason the jets beat the titans last year and went 8-3 talking super bowl) produces most likely yet another winning season, and keeps getting himself into "better" situations. Unlike with the packers, the jets had no true star at the time for QB (or someone ready to take over), and now neither do the vikings. Jets had a losing season the year before, #4 shows up, 9-7. Vikings were a playoff team last year at 9-7, so you would figure at least playoffs at 11-5 this year.

He has made the team better. Last year he finally had that one injury he should not of played through. I wont hate him for it. I wont hate him because he did most likely lie, but I am also positive everyone else involved lied too.

Everyone lies.

It would be nice if you didnt try and rewrite history.

The 07 Bucs...the team that Bert woulda has to look at to evaluate went 9-7, won the south, and had a coach he was very familiar with.

For a team with an average D at best...seems you are selling them a bit short when they only gave up 30 plus points once...and held teams to 10 or less points 7 times and 14 or less 10 times.

No WRs? About the same as vikings right now. In 08 Antonio Byrant had a better year than any Vikes receiver. bryant, galloway, clayton, etc.

for a team you run down..back 2 back 9-7 seasons seems to contradict your point. Seems like they were a QB away.

Hmm, Vikes were 8-8 in 07 and hadn't made the playoffs in 3 years. :oops:

packerbacker1234
10-01-2009, 11:15 PM

Everyone lies.

It would be nice if you didnt try and rewrite history.

The 07 Bucs...the team that Bert woulda has to look at to evaluate went 9-7, won the south, and had a coach he was very familiar with.

For a team with an average D at best...seems you are selling them a bit short when they only gave up 30 plus points once...and held teams to 10 or less points 7 times and 14 or less 10 times.

No WRs? About the same as vikings right now. In 08 Antonio Byrant had a better year than any Vikes receiver. bryant, galloway, clayton, etc.

for a team you run down..back 2 back 9-7 seasons seems to contradict your point. Seems like they were a QB away.

Hmm, Vikes were 8-8 in 07 and hadn't made the playoffs in 3 years. :oops:

Well I naturally don't know my bucs history as well as the history of teams in the north. =)

But the vikings also had a familar offense and coach, the best RB in hte league, a good OL, and a solid defense. I mean, I guess the bucs may have had that too, but wasn't Gruden canned after that season? Or was that after last? I can't recall.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-01-2009, 11:24 PM
He was canned last year...after another 9-7 season.

I'm not saying you are wrong about the vikes, but let's not pretend that he couldn't have gone to another NFC team...one that ran a west coast offense, had coach he liked and was familiar with, etc.

Chucky thought they were getting him....remember the Xmas quote.

superfan
10-01-2009, 11:34 PM
Minneapolis Star Tribune had an article on Gruden in today's paper:

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/63001097.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiD3aPc:_Yyc: aUUs

Fired as Bucs coach after last season, Gruden thought his team was going to acquire Favre before the quarterback was traded to the New York Jets in August 2008.

"I talked to Brett on the telephone, and I think if you talk to Brett yourself, both of us thought he was coming to Tampa," Gruden, now working for ESPN, said Wednesday during a conference call to preview Monday's game. "I went to bed at about 20 minutes after 12, 12:30 thinking we had Brett Favre. I was sure we had Brett Favre. When I woke up the next day, Santa Claus didn't arrive. It was a sad day for me."

"I think both of us thought -- Brett and I -- that we were going to get the deal done. But there was another partner that developed later that evening somewhere across the next seven or eight hours."

The Bucs fired Gruden and Allen after the team lost its final four games and missed the playoffs. So would Gruden still be in Tampa if the trade had worked?

"Brett Favre's a winner," Gruden said. "He's one of the great quarterbacks of all time. He would have made a difference, I can promise you that."

The article also mentions familiarity with Gruden and the West Coast offense as key reasons for a Tampa/Favre match.

MOBB DEEP
10-02-2009, 03:10 AM
Lord Favre...

Bossman641
10-02-2009, 06:19 AM
Lord Favre...

Interesting point. Tough to argue with that.

Rastak
10-02-2009, 06:33 AM
Rewrite history...LOL, wow is that weak.

The team fires it's superbowl winning coach, hires a dude with zero background then cuts half it's defense. People saw a mile away they were gonna go down hard. My coworker is a Bucs fan and he admitted this summer it was gonna be a long year.

Rewrite history.....that's some pretty funny stuff.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-02-2009, 06:41 AM

The team fires it's superbowl winning coach, hires a dude with zero background then cuts half it's defense. People saw a mile away they were gonna go down hard. My coworker is a Bucs fan and he admitted this summer it was gonna be a long year.

Except we aren't talking this year....what is weak is your ability to stay on topic. Nobody was talking about rewriting in that context.

Rewriting: yeah, the jet's scenario is just the way he paints it. You have now officially crossed over to the tin foil hat club.

MJZiggy
10-02-2009, 06:51 AM

I always saw that SB team as Dungy's. Gruden just rode what was already there and has been going downhill since.

Fritz
10-02-2009, 06:52 AM
We ought to at least be able to agree on this:

1. Favre told Peter King during an interview that a part of his motivation to come back was revenge.

2. On the conference call this week - the very first part - he tells Green Bay reporters that revenge never was a factor for him.

Those - both of those - are on record.

Beyond that, I am intrigued by Silverstein's observation on that hilarious two-doofy-guys-in-a-messy-room video on the JSO site that Favre seemed more nervous than usual during that call.

Since we're putting all this under a microscope, and studying every last detail to try to determine how this might turn out, I wonder if Favre will stay in game-manager mode (the Vikes' best scenario) or if he will see some coverages he thinks he can exploit and change calls at the line and end up passing a lot more than what the game plan calls for.

Rastak
10-02-2009, 07:17 AM

Except we aren't talking this year....what is weak is your ability to stay on topic. Nobody was talking about rewriting in that context.

Rewriting: yeah, the jet's scenario is just the way he paints it. You have now officially crossed over to the tin foil hat club.

Ok, we are indeed talking about different things. I am specifically talking about the Jets and this spring.

LAST year I'm sure he would have wanted to play for his buddies Bevel and Chilly first and foremost but Tampa would have been a good second choice. In addition, if coming off a 13-3 year where he felt he played some of his best football and was essentially told "the train has left the station without you", then obviously "I'll show you" would enter his mind. The best way to do that would be playing for Minnesota or even Tampa. It's simple human nature and many players do it.....even guys that are drafted later than they thought. "The Jaguars said they'd take me 10th and they didn't...now I go 15th. We play this year, I have that date on my calender...I'll show them what they passed up"

Happens all the time, it's not a big event. As for why it all went down the the retirement thing, I'm not saying Green Bay was even wrong in what they did. They felt it was time to move on this provided the perfect vehicle to do so.

Had he just showed up to OTA's, could they have dumped him? I don't think so. Then Teddy would have been dragged out of the building by a mob...(Not MOBB).

Deputy Nutz
10-02-2009, 07:48 AM
I can't believe Tyrone started another "Favre Topic". Wasn't it just last week that he scolded someone else for doing the same thing?

WOW what a double standard.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-02-2009, 08:13 AM

Ok, we are indeed talking about different things. I am specifically talking about the Jets and this spring.

LAST year I'm sure he would have wanted to play for his buddies Bevel and Chilly first and foremost but Tampa would have been a good second choice. In addition, if coming off a 13-3 year where he felt he played some of his best football and was essentially told "the train has left the station without you", then obviously "I'll show you" would enter his mind. The best way to do that would be playing for Minnesota or even Tampa. It's simple human nature and many players do it.....even guys that are drafted later than they thought. "The Jaguars said they'd take me 10th and they didn't...now I go 15th. We play this year, I have that date on my calender...I'll show them what they passed up"

Happens all the time, it's not a big event. As for why it all went down the the retirement thing, I'm not saying Green Bay was even wrong in what they did. They felt it was time to move on this provided the perfect vehicle to do so.

Had he just showed up to OTA's, could they have dumped him? I don't think so. Then Teddy would have been dragged out of the building by a mob...(Not MOBB).

13-3: Agreed. I haven no problem with bert's human nature to stick it to the team. My issue with him is the prima dona act yearly retirement saga, the actual retirement, and then expecting to get his job back when he had retired. It is his right to play and unretire, it is our right to see thru the bs and that he wanted things all his way...no OTAs, no personal trainer, etc.

OTAs: Agreed again. Whether you believe it or not, i was called out many times on the jsonline (specifically on the marq board) for being a bert apologist. For me to pull a 180 degree turn is surprising to me.

When Bert decided to retire, i knew that it was a mistake. I knew that he would want to come back. Whether MM and TT went down as written and he declined, etc...isn't to me the point anymore. The packer management laid out what was necessary for him to be the QB. He chose to be petulant/insubordinate/whatever term you like.

I actually hoped that within 2 weeks to a month he would recant and get onboard. I knew he was emotionally spent...now, i'm not so sure how much of it was being spent as it was a desire to not be a team player.

And, the Jets thing. Retiring...and pretending that the Jets made a decision....yeah, they did..because he told them he was finished. they acted in good faith..and he fucked them. They got nothing for him. The only person i hold lower is goodell for allowing this blatant manipulating of loopholes. Bert and Goodell could teach wall st. a few tricks.

Bert has a right to play. No doubt. Packer fans have the right to note what a big fake he is. The interview just confirmed it.

And, i hope on the field of glory we beat the shit out of him. I hope he is carted off with an injury...nothing that will hurt him for life...but a separated shoulder, broken hand, maybe even a concussion....one that lingers for a year or so, but allows him to live the rest of his life enjoying his family, but knowing that he tried to stick it to us, but we stuck it to him.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-02-2009, 08:15 AM
I can't believe Tyrone started another "Favre Topic". Wasn't it just last week that he scolded someone else for doing the same thing?

And, i was scolded and told not to be a thread nazi. Since i didn't get your valuable support, i figured let's join them.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-02-2009, 08:17 AM

I always saw that SB team as Dungy's. Gruden just rode what was already there and has been going downhill since.

I lived there...and that was my opinion as well. But, i also can't take away the fact that Gruden did win it. Plenty of other coaches woulda blown what dungy put together.

You gotta give some credit to the jockey of a stud racehorse.

MichiganPackerFan
10-02-2009, 08:48 AM

Completely agree.

Zool
10-02-2009, 09:08 AM

1. Favre told Peter King during an interview that a part of his motivation to come back was revenge.

2. On the conference call this week - the very first part - he tells Green Bay reporters that revenge never was a factor for him.

Yup. Can we not also agree that its 100% hilarious to watch Viking fans defend Favre and his antics now?

mission
10-02-2009, 09:19 AM

"WOW!"

:lol::roll:

It's game week. Bit different methinks.

sharpe1027
10-02-2009, 09:31 AM

You really think it was an AFC vs. NFC thing? Is that because of the designated hitter difference between the leagues?

Maybe the new staff didn't want Favre back, but they asked him to come back. De-Nile is not just a river in Egypt.

I figure you can approach this one of two ways, you can make up hypothetical situations to defend your new QB...or you can face the facts. :wink:

Spaulding
10-02-2009, 09:58 AM

13-3: Agreed. I haven no problem with bert's human nature to stick it to the team. My issue with him is the prima dona act yearly retirement saga, the actual retirement, and then expecting to get his job back when he had retired. It is his right to play and unretire, it is our right to see thru the bs and that he wanted things all his way...no OTAs, no personal trainer, etc.

OTAs: Agreed again. Whether you believe it or not, i was called out many times on the jsonline (specifically on the marq board) for being a bert apologist. For me to pull a 180 degree turn is surprising to me.

When Bert decided to retire, i knew that it was a mistake. I knew that he would want to come back. Whether MM and TT went down as written and he declined, etc...isn't to me the point anymore. The packer management laid out what was necessary for him to be the QB. He chose to be petulant/insubordinate/whatever term you like.

I actually hoped that within 2 weeks to a month he would recant and get onboard. I knew he was emotionally spent...now, i'm not so sure how much of it was being spent as it was a desire to not be a team player.

And, the Jets thing. Retiring...and pretending that the Jets made a decision....yeah, they did..because he told them he was finished. they acted in good faith..and he fucked them. They got nothing for him. The only person i hold lower is goodell for allowing this blatant manipulating of loopholes. Bert and Goodell could teach wall st. a few tricks.

Bert has a right to play. No doubt. Packer fans have the right to note what a big fake he is. The interview just confirmed it.

And, i hope on the field of glory we beat the shit out of him. I hope he is carted off with an injury...nothing that will hurt him for life...but a separated shoulder, broken hand, maybe even a concussion....one that lingers for a year or so, but allows him to live the rest of his life enjoying his family, but knowing that he tried to stick it to us, but we stuck it to him.

Well said, key theme in all of the words out of Brett's mouth "shady as an elm tree"

Pugger
10-02-2009, 10:15 AM
I don't pay much attention to what Favre says. I watch and see what he does. I truly believe Favre is playing where he has always wanted to since Sherman was fired (didn't he once say he'd retire if Sherman was canned?). Favre had it pretty cushy after Holmgren left for Seattle and when McCarthy came on board things changed. With MM's guidance Favre has his best season in eons and the team was at the doorstep of the Super Bowl. Why would he even contemplate retiring? Because he wasn't happy in GB. So he "retired." After that PC and some postering Favre was traded to NY. You can see his silly expression at the NY PC after the trade. He looked bemused by it all. After that season he still had one more year on his contract. He then tried the same stunt he tried to pull here and "retired". After the draft when NY picked a QB Favre asked for his release knowing full well NY would give it to him. NY has a habit of cutting QBs who still have value. Now the coast is clear and Favre is on a team with a HC like Sherman who will treat him like royalty and give him a pass on OTAs, mini camps, etc. I hope we make him rue the day he started all this nonsense and whip the Heidi Hairs once and for all!

MadtownPacker
10-02-2009, 10:42 AM

Yup. Can we not also agree that its 100% hilarious to watch Viking fans defend Favre and his antics now?Just as hilarious as seeing those he once gave his all for tear down everything he ever did in G&G apart like it wasnt shit.

MadtownPacker
10-02-2009, 10:45 AM
I always saw that SB team as Dungy's. Gruden just rode what was already there and has been going downhill since.Agreed. Chuckys ass lucked out in a major way meeting his old offense with his borrowed killer defense in the Superbowl.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-02-2009, 11:48 AM
I always saw that SB team as Dungy's. Gruden just rode what was already there and has been going downhill since.Agreed. Chuckys ass lucked out in a major way meeting his old offense with his borrowed killer defense in the Superbowl.

Or maybe he woulda taken his team, the raiders to the SB, instead of a lame coach like Callahan.

MadtownPacker
10-02-2009, 12:02 PM
Or maybe he woulda taken his team, the raiders to the SB, instead of a lame coach like Callahan.I think along those same lines. That is why so many raider fans where devasted by how it went down and played out.

mngolf19
10-02-2009, 12:04 PM

Yup. Can we not also agree that its 100% hilarious to watch Viking fans defend Favre and his antics now?

I'm not defending him. I'm just supporting:
A. My team's current starting QB who also seems to be helping them win.
B. A player that brings so much to the NFL due to his passion and style and skill. I'd support that on any team by the way. Hated seeing Montana retire.

MadtownPacker
10-02-2009, 12:08 PM
B. A player that brings so much to the NFL due to his passion and style and skill. I'd support that on any team by the way. Hated seeing Montana retire.I fucking hate you for not hating him!

:D

mngolf19
10-02-2009, 12:13 PM
B. A player that brings so much to the NFL due to his passion and style and skill. I'd support that on any team by the way. Hated seeing Montana retire.I fucking hate you for not hating him!

:D

Well I'm supposed to start something with you during the first MN/GB game each year. Finja a empaquetador! :)

pbmax
10-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Just as hilarious as seeing those he once gave his all for tear down everything he ever did in G&G apart like it wasnt shit.
Well, you, gex and MOBB seem to agree on this point. But who is tearing down everything he ever accomplished down?

PlantPage55
10-02-2009, 03:40 PM
Just as hilarious as seeing those he once gave his all for tear down everything he ever did in G&G apart like it wasnt shit.

You know he got paid millions per year for "giving his all" right?

Chevelle2
10-02-2009, 03:42 PM
Well, you, gex and MOBB seem to agree on this point. But who is tearing down everything he ever accomplished down?

Yeah, is anyone saying "he didn't deserve those MVPs" or "that SB was lucky" ?

Who is tearing down what he did for us, Madtown?

Waldo
10-02-2009, 03:48 PM

Yeah, he made the terrible sacrifice to become the highest paid player in the history of the league, plus made more from endorsements (he's just like a kid out there) than any other player for most of his career.

As is right now, Brett is the most well compensated player in the history of the NFL.

Lets not get too choked up about Brett "giving his all".

Like other NFL players don't try very hard.

Then again, not bothering to show up in the offseason for voluntary workouts and OTA's, not bothering to actually live in Green Bay, Brett really brings it, he sets a great example and really goes that extra mile for the team. He really gives it his all.

bbbffl66
10-02-2009, 04:08 PM

Yeah, he made the terrible sacrifice to become the highest paid player in the history of the league, plus made more from endorsements (he's just like a kid out there) than any other player for most of his career.

As is right now, Brett is the most well compensated player in the history of the NFL.

Then again, not bothering to show up in the offseason for voluntary workouts and OTA's, not bothering to actually live in Green Bay, Brett really brings it, he sets a great example and really goes that extra mile for the team. He really gives it his all.

Some people might remember him spitting up blood on the sidelines against Pittsburgh, playing on a bad ankle against the Bears, coming in and throwing that long TD pass after getting knocked loopy against the Giants and so on. So yes, I would call that giving his all.
It seems some here want to denegrate everything about the man. He was a great QB for us. I at least always felt we had a chance to win if he lined up under center. He might be the enemy now, but don't diminish what he did here!

Scott Campbell
10-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Young Brett gave it his all. Old Brett gets away with doing the very least he can.

sharpe1027
10-02-2009, 06:06 PM
Some people might remember him spitting up blood on the sidelines against Pittsburgh, playing on a bad ankle against the Bears, coming in and throwing that long TD pass after getting knocked loopy against the Giants and so on. So yes, I would call that giving his all.
It seems some here want to denegrate everything about the man. He was a great QB for us. I at least always felt we had a chance to win if he lined up under center. He might be the enemy now, but don't diminish what he did here!

Who is denigrating his MVPs? Who is denigrating his SB victories? Who is denigrating his toughness on the field over his career (a few grumblings about cold weather at 38+ aside)?

Just because someone did some great things, that doesn't mean they can't still F-up later on. People change. Why can't some people just accept the bad with the good instead of pretending nothing is wrong?

I love Favre of about 4 years ago. I just don't like what he has become of late.

The Shadow
10-02-2009, 07:32 PM
I've made a small fortune and you squandered it all
You shamed me till I feel about one inch tall
But I thought I loved you and I hoped you would change
So I gritted my teeth and didn't complain.

Now you come to me with a simple goodbye
You tell me you're leaving but you won't tell me why
Now we're here at the station and you're getting on
And all I can think of is thank God and Greyhound you're gone

Thank God and Greyhound you're gone
I didn't know how much longer I could go on
Watching you take the respect out of me
Watching you make a total wreck out of me
That big diesel motor is a-playing my song
Thank God and Greyhound you're gone.

Thank God and Greyhound you're gone
That load on my mind got lighter when you got on
That shiny old bus is a beautiful sight
With the black smoke a-rolling up around the taillight
It may sound kind-a cruel but I've been silent too long
Thank God and Greyhound you're gone.

Thank God and Greyhound you're gone...

pbmax
10-02-2009, 07:36 PM
Between Ty and Shadow, we're very lyrical this week.

Too bad its not at Lambeau where they could work up a cheer for the crowd.

GrnBay007
10-02-2009, 08:43 PM

:tup:

GrnBay007
10-02-2009, 08:56 PM

Considering your argument....

--Brett got paid well
--Packers made a name for themselves again, winning seasons with him leading the team
--Packers decided to move on
--Brett still wanted to play and moved on also

So why all the hate on him? Don't tell me it's just because he went to the Vikings because there was a ton of hate on this board last year for him too and he was playing for the AFC.

Some of the stuff I've read this week makes me sick. And it's not just "game week banter". Those wishing him injury has been going on since he joined that team. Seems all many here are concerned with anymore is justifying why they are glad he's gone and he wasn't that good anyway. (BS!) If it didn't bother you all so much you wouldn't be talking about it nonstop.

Packers4Ever
10-02-2009, 09:14 PM

Yeah, is anyone saying "he didn't deserve those MVPs" or "that SB was lucky" ?

Who is tearing down what he did for us, Madtown?

Not enough space here to enumerate, how sad...... :wait:

PlantPage55
10-02-2009, 11:09 PM
Considering your argument....

--Brett got paid well
--Packers made a name for themselves again, winning seasons with him leading the team
--Packers decided to move on
--Brett still wanted to play and moved on also

So why all the hate on him? Don't tell me it's just because he went to the Vikings because there was a ton of hate on this board last year for him too and he was playing for the AFC.

Some of the stuff I've read this week makes me sick. And it's not just "game week banter". Those wishing him injury has been going on since he joined that team. Seems all many here are concerned with anymore is justifying why they are glad he's gone and he wasn't that good anyway. (BS!) If it didn't bother you all so much you wouldn't be talking about it nonstop.

Did he or did he not WANT to be a Viking last year?

Regardless of the answer, I actually enjoyed watching him play for the Jets as a novelty. And I cheered him on. If I had the money, I would have bought a jersey.

I gave him every benefit of the doubt, and that's the key phrase. But he's disappointed me with his flat-out BS a few too many times, that's all.

GrnBay007
10-02-2009, 11:25 PM
But he's disappointed me with his flat-out BS a few too many times, that's all.

I'm not insulting you when I say this, but maybe it's the fans that feel this way (dealing with the BS) that are the ones that are continuing the grudge-match hate-fest. I just don't get it. The Packers were done with him, he wanted to play, and why should any fan feel they are able or deserving to dictate what team he plays for? I was sick he didn't end his career as a Packer....but that was last year. This year I look at it as him wanting to continue to play and after being offered a very good situation decided to roll with it. People can spout all the in between verbiage they want but in the end he made, what appears to be, a very good business decision in hopes to get another shot at the big game.

Bretsky
10-02-2009, 11:33 PM
Has Rod had an interview lately ?

MadtownPacker
10-03-2009, 01:09 AM

You know he got paid millions per year for "giving his all" right?Unless things are different for others, ALL NFL players get paid so whats your point?

MadtownPacker
10-03-2009, 01:10 AM
Young Brett gave it his all. Old Brett gets away with doing the very least he can.But isnt that the idea when you work at a joba for a long time? You get some perks?

Tyrone Bigguns
10-03-2009, 01:11 AM

You know he got paid millions per year for "giving his all" right?Unless things are different for others, ALL NFL players get paid so whats your point?

Was he giving it his all when he didn't train off season, skipped OTAa, retired and then wanted to show up at training camp.

You have a funny definition of giving his all.

MadtownPacker
10-03-2009, 01:17 AM
Was he giving it his all when he didn't train off season, skipped OTAa, retired and then wanted to show up at training camp.

You have a funny definition of giving his all.Talking bout on the field your sorry bitch. But it sounds like you are only basing your opinion on the last few years anyways.

SnakeLH2006
10-03-2009, 01:41 AM
Didn't EVEN read it (not one post on here...I just saw the topic). Yeah, some hate Brett...it's understandable. But skipped over the whole topic to say this: Ty, what is with the Bert shit? Did Brett fuck your sister? Did Brett ruin your prom? Did Brett cause you to lose your picks in the 2006 Packer pick' em pool?

Just quit with it. It's not funny....at all. Your shit is tiresome and not funny EVER. Nobody likes/supports you EVER.

Someone had to say it.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-03-2009, 01:44 AM

You have a funny definition of giving his all.Talking bout on the field your sorry bitch. But it sounds like you are only basing your opinion on the last few years anyways.

You can't give your all on the field if you aren't training in the off season or attending OTAs.

Nah, i'm not basing it on the last few years...we wouldn't want to forget Bert's early years of drinking.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-03-2009, 01:45 AM
Didn't EVEN read it (not one post on here...I just saw the topic). Yeah, some hate Brett...it's understandable. But skipped over the whole topic to say this: Ty, what is with the Bert shit? Did Brett fuck your sister? Did Brett ruin your prom? Did Brett cause you to lose your picks in the 2006 Packer pick' em pool?

Just quit with it. It's not funny....at all. Your shit is tiresome and not funny EVER. Nobody likes/supports you EVER.

Someone had to say it.

yeah, i'm the first with Bert, Brent, etc. :oops:

SnakeLH2006
10-03-2009, 01:51 AM

You can't give your all on the field if you aren't training in the off season or attending OTAs.

Nah, i'm not basing it on the last few years...we wouldn't want to forget Bert's early years of drinking.

Yeah, let's bring up Brett's substance abuse. :shock:

Tyrone Bigguns
10-03-2009, 01:57 AM

You are a sorry bastard. Snake can vouch for his doctor/brother who STILL goes and grills out with Brett in Appleton. Favre is a great guy (brings Deanna with him) and my bro says/said Brett is ALWAYS in shape. I could care less now that he is a Vike, but can't stand douche-bags that know nothing (Internet Nazis) voice their opinion.

I may have sparred with Mad in the past, but unlike you, TY, I ALWAYS respected what he had to say. Your shit is like AIDS on top of Cancer. Incurable and NEVER wanted. Snake and Mad are rarely right, but at least we bring an opinion to be dealt with. All you bring is the same sorry ass cry-baby "who-me's" and "what did I says'?

Mad and Snake bring opinions without bias. Say how it is for once. Quit your BS back-tracking. Maybe SOMEONE (maybe) would respect you and your views, bitch.

Bert was always in shape. LOL

You can't even say that with a straight face. Bert may be in good shape, but that ain't football shape. Funny, your bro musta missed the fact that the pack hired a personal trainer for him..and that they wanted to do the same in 08.

Even mad admits it..as he said i must be talkin about recently. That should tell you something.

If you are out drinking and womanizing, and getting addicted to oxy..you certainly aren't doing all you can for the organization.

Nobody EVER described Bert as a workout warrior or a devoted student of film. He never was a Walter Payton or Jerry Rice.

If posters want to talk about giving it his all..then it is fair game to talk about how he didnt'.

PlantPage55
10-03-2009, 01:59 AM

I'm not insulting you when I say this, but maybe it's the fans that feel this way (dealing with the BS) that are the ones that are continuing the grudge-match hate-fest. I just don't get it. The Packers were done with him, he wanted to play, and why should any fan feel they are able or deserving to dictate what team he plays for? I was sick he didn't end his career as a Packer....but that was last year. This year I look at it as him wanting to continue to play and after being offered a very good situation decided to roll with it. People can spout all the in between verbiage they want but in the end he made, what appears to be, a very good business decision in hopes to get another shot at the big game.

And that's all well and fine, but I prefer he'd just come out and say what he really did: "Yes, I did everything in my power to make sure I could be with the Vikings this year"

This "The Jets chose to go in a different direction" bullshit (among other bullshit from that press conference) makes him a liar. And I hate liars.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-03-2009, 02:01 AM

And that's all well and fine, but I prefer he'd just come out and say what he really did: "Yes, I did everything in my power to make sure I could be with the Vikings this year"

This "The Jets chose to go in a different direction" bullshit (among other bullshit from that press conference) makes him a liar. And I hate liars.

QFT

PlantPage55
10-03-2009, 02:01 AM
And not just "lying" because he's trying to be PC, but because the things that he came up with yesterday are completely contradictory to things that he said in the past year or so.

PlantPage55
10-03-2009, 02:05 AM
But you're right, I don't even know why any of us keep this shit going, to be honest. Every argument is the same. You could write a computer program to do it for us.

It goes from Ted Thompson being the bad guy, to okay the Packers made the right choice but why shouldn't Brett be allowed to play, to the Packers were irrelevant before he got there, to well they went 6-10 last year.

It's all really sickening and inane. And I have no idea why I choose to remain a part of it.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-03-2009, 02:10 AM
But you're right, I don't even know why any of us keep this shit going, to be honest. Every argument is the same. You could write a computer program to do it for us.

It goes from Ted Thompson being the bad guy, to okay the Packers made the right choice but why shouldn't Brett be allowed to play, to the Packers were irrelevant before he got there, to well they went 6-10 last year.

It's all really sickening and inane. And I have no idea why I choose to remain a part of it.

Probably the same reason, if you are old enough, that you watched and suffered with the pack for 20 years or so until Wolf and Holmgren turned things around.

P.S. Anybody who thinks Bert made GB relevant is crazy. One thing is for sure, Wolf found QBs, and while we might not have won a SB, we woulda been relevant.

Gunakor
10-03-2009, 02:24 AM

Probably the same reason, if you are old enough, that you watched and suffered with the pack for 20 years or so until Wolf and Holmgren turned things around.

P.S. Anybody who thinks Bert made GB relevant is crazy. One thing is for sure, Wolf found QBs, and while we might not have won a SB, we woulda been relevant.

Brett had a huge hand in making GB relevant again. You can't justly take that away from him.

I'm still wondering why that's at all relevant to this particular season or this particular game, though.

PlantPage55
10-03-2009, 02:29 AM
I'm still wondering why that's at all relevant to this particular season or this particular game, though.

I think that everything that is Brett Favre is on the table for this game. Is that the right thing? Maybe not. But you know damn well that whoever wins this game, whoever is on that side of the Brett debate is going to use that as a HUGE indicator that they were right. That's not right, but that's the way it's going to be.

I'm going to need a few stiff drinks before I look at the JSO comment section after the game, if we were to lose. A lot of conclusions are going to be made Monday night.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-03-2009, 02:42 AM

P.S. Anybody who thinks Bert made GB relevant is crazy. One thing is for sure, Wolf found QBs , and while we might not have won a SB, we woulda been relevant.

Brett had a huge hand in making GB relevant again. You can't justly take that away from him.

Relevance. Do you think wolf and holmgren woulda made us relevant without Favre?

I say yes. We drafted brunell in 93 and he woulda been a very good qb for us and we woulda been relevant. Wolf also found Detmer in 92, not great, but certainly good enough, with the type of defense we put together to make us relevant. He later found Hasselbeck and Brooks.

I'm 100% confident that we woulda been relevant..and that if we had started Brunell....Wolf woulda found another backup QB that was good like Brunell.

I'm not taking away Favre's accomplishment...cause he did it on the field. But, by no means am i buying he made us relevant. I saw from Day 1 that Holmgren was a dang good coach...and that win or lose...we were gonna be respected and relevant.

Gunakor
10-03-2009, 02:45 AM

I think that everything that is Brett Favre is on the table for this game. Is that the right thing? Maybe not. But you know damn well that whoever wins this game, whoever is on that side of the Brett debate is going to use that as a HUGE indicator that they were right. That's not right, but that's the way it's going to be.

I'm going to need a few stiff drinks before I look at the JSO comment section after the game, if we were to lose. A lot of conclusions are going to be made Monday night.

The thing is though that Green Bay could lose this game and the decision to move on could still be the right one. As I said in another thread, lets wait 5 years and see if Favre could lead the Vikings or anyone else to victory over Rodgers and the Pack. The question of whether it was right to move on or not will still be in the process of being answered well after Favre does retire.

I agree that a lot of conclusions will be made whether we win or lose, but the majority of those conclusions will likely still end up being wrong. Because it's not the conclusion yet. Not by a long shot.

Gunakor
10-03-2009, 02:48 AM
Relevance. Do you think wolf and holmgren woulda made us relevant without Favre?

I say yes. We drafted brunell in 93 and he woulda been a very good qb for us and we woulda been relevant. Wolf also found Detmer in 92, not great, but certainly good enough, with the type of defense we put together to make us relevant. He later found Hasselbeck and Brooks.

I'm 100% confident that we woulda been relevant..and that if we had started Brunell....Wolf woulda found another backup QB that was good like Brunell.

I'm not taking away Favre's accomplishment...cause he did it on the field. But, by no means am i buying he made us relevant. I saw from Day 1 that Holmgren was a dang good coach...and that win or lose...we were gonna be respected and relevant.

Favre didn't do it alone. But he had a huge hand in the resurgence of this franchise, and you can't say for certain whether another QB would have done the same. White, Butler, Robinson, Chumura, Sharpe, Bag 'O Donuts... They all had a part in it. Favre too. You can't credit Wolf and Holmgren and not give credit to the players.

But none of that matters come Monday night. We got who we got and that's who we're gonna win with. That's it.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-03-2009, 03:00 AM

Favre didn't do it alone. But he had a huge hand in the resurgence of this franchise, and you can't say for certain whether another QB would have done the same. White, Butler, Robinson, Chumura, Sharpe, Bag 'O Donuts... They all had a part in it. Favre too. You can't credit Wolf and Holmgren and not give credit to the players.

But none of that matters come Monday night. We got who we got and that's who we're gonna win with. That's it.

Of course, as i said, he did it on the field. But, the question is relevance. Maybe i'm unclear. To me, relevance means we are in the discussion of being in the playoffs.

I think, based on Brunell's career that we can say he woulda had us in or around the playoffs. Remember, we had some awesome defenses.

Now, i can't and won't say he woulda led us to the SB, but yes, relevance.

The org became relevant with the hiring of Holmgren and Wolf..and, maybe you are young...i don't know...but, even in favre's early years there was sizable discussion on whether he could get it done or was the right guy. Many openly advocated for the backup.

to put it another way...arod can be great, but if TT and MM fuck up....the pack ain't gonna be relevant.

Monday nite: Should be great. course, let's not get to high or to low...we face the vikes again, but in lambeau. there really should be no pressure on us..vikes at home, 3-0, favored, 1 player from being a SB contender, etc.

SnakeLH2006
10-03-2009, 03:04 AM

Of course, as i said, he did it on the field. But, the question is relevance. Maybe i'm unclear. To me, relevance means we are in the discussion of being in the playoffs.

I think, based on Brunell's career that we can say he woulda had us in or around the playoffs. Remember, we had some awesome defenses.

Now, i can't and won't say he woulda led us to the SB, but yes, relevance.

The org became relevant with the hiring of Holmgren and Favre..and, maybe you are young...i don't know...but, even in favre's early years there was sizable discussion on whether he could get it done or was the right guy. Many openly advocated for the backup.

to put it another way...arod can be great, but if TT and MM fuck up....the pack ain't gonna be relevant.

Monday nite: Should be great. course, let's not get to high or to low...we face the vikes again, but in lambeau. there really should be no pressure on us..vikes at home, 3-0, favored, 1 player from being a SB contender, etc.

Only a moron would argue with Ty's Brilliance:

http://achievements.schrankmonster.de/Achievement.aspx?text=Ty%20is%20smarter%20than%20A LL.%20Einstein%20FAILS.

Snake ain't defending Brett, but hey dude has what 18/19 seasons with a non-losing record? That alone is amazing. Diss/ammend all you want Ty, Brett was/is a HUGE winner.

Gunakor
10-03-2009, 03:08 AM
I was screaming at the TV for Brunell back in 1993 also. But the Packers weren't really a relevant team back in 1993. The Packers became relevant again IMO when Favre hit Sharpe in the back of the endzone for a game winning TD in the final minute against the Lions in the 1994 playoffs.

So everyone on that roster, everyone on that coaching staff, everyone in that front office are all responsible for making the Pack relevant again. You can't credit one without crediting the rest. Favre included, because he was there and did his part. Whether someone else could have is irrelevant. Favre did it. Favre gets credit.

That wasn't the point I was trying to make anyway.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-03-2009, 03:08 AM
Gunakor and i aren't arguing, we are discussing.

But, nice of you to stick your nose in where it wasn't needed or asked for.

SnakeLH2006
10-03-2009, 04:04 AM
Ty, bring me a corn dog. No really. Sorry, was that out the blue? Shut the fuck up and bring me my corn dog, ho. You serve absolutely no purpose but to fetch some corn dogs. So just do it and shut up.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-03-2009, 04:06 AM
Ty, cornhole me. No really. Sorry, was that out the blue? Shit , fuck me and cornhole me, ho.

I think you misdirected this to me, harlan would be more appropriate.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-03-2009, 04:20 AM
I was screaming at the TV for Brunell back in 1993 also. But the Packers weren't really a relevant team back in 1993. The Packers became relevant again IMO when Favre hit Sharpe in the back of the endzone for a game winning TD in the final minute against the Lions in the 1994 playoffs.

So everyone on that roster, everyone on that coaching staff, everyone in that front office are all responsible for making the Pack relevant again. You can't credit one without crediting the rest. Favre included, because he was there and did his part. Whether someone else could have is irrelevant. Favre did it. Favre gets credit.

That wasn't the point I was trying to make anyway.

Brunell: See, we were different. I always had faith in Bert. I never called for Brunell. But, i understood why some did. I had complete faith that Holmgren would turn him into a great QB...and he did. Like i have said, i was prolly one of the biggest Bert apologists till the first retirement. Man, i loved him....worshipped him. And, still believe if Wolf hadn't effed up in his coaching choice we coulda won more SBs. And, even won the second if not for Wolf's jettisoning of certain players...Jones, Simmons, Rison.

Funny, how things change.

Well, see, we disagree on relevance and who is responsible. For me, 92 were relevant..2nd place. People were talking about us.

I give all credit to the players, but i have to give more to the coaching and GM. Without the GM, there wouldn't be the players, and without a good coach....all the talent doesn't mean shit. For example..in college...Illinois has great recruting classes..and look what they have done with them.

Just as i have to give Bert more credit than Detmer. They all have a part, but some play a bigger part.

Like i said, i can not, nor would i ever take away what Bert did on the field.

My only contention is that a good org makes your team relevant. The niners were relevant for 3 successive QBS...because of good ownership and managment (well, that is another story ;).

I have no doubt, no one iota that we woulda been a success. Now, again, i won't say we woulda got to the SB or won it...cause that is a different criteria..and that may be one that i would even argue that we couldn't accomplish without Bert (though, prolly not after seeing Dilfer, etc. go), but that is wholly different than relevance.

Anyway, good discussion.

SnakeLH2006
10-03-2009, 04:20 AM
Sad.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-03-2009, 04:32 AM
Ty, cornhole me. No really. Sorry, was that out the blue? Shit , fuck me and cornhole me, ho.

Way to type your own shit in MY quotes HOMO. Me and HH are tight. Way to mistype those things cuz U, TY, have no friends and only serve to fuck shit up post after post on PackerRats. I don't try, but I bet if I did, I could get you kicked off here within the week. You wanna bet, Snake? I really think I could. I like you overall, but if you wanna bet, I bet you can't last a week. Your call.

Are you suggesting that Ty typed shit in your quotes? This is coming from you? Hello, irony.

Dude, you do what ever you do. Nobody can figure out what you are going to do.

SnakeLH2006
10-03-2009, 04:44 AM
Yeah...you just did type your OWN shit in MY quotes.

mngolf19
10-03-2009, 07:18 AM

Actually, since the Pack were favored by nearly all the "experts"(a couple went to Bears) to win division and go far in playoffs, I'd say the pressure is on the Pack to live up to expectations. Which was also a slam at Vikes since they did win the div last year.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-03-2009, 07:20 AM

Way to type your own shit in MY quotes HOMO. Me and HH are tight. Way to mistype those things cuz U, TY, have no friends and only serve to fuck shit up post after post on PackerRats. I don't try, but I bet if I did, I could get you kicked off here within the week. You wanna bet, Snake? I really think I could. I like you overall, but if you wanna bet, I bet you can't last a week. Your call.

Are you suggesting that Ty typed shit in your quotes? This is coming from you? Hello, irony.

Dude, you do what ever you do. Nobody can figure out what you are going to do.

Yeah...you just did type your OWN shit in MY quotes. Lame. Whatever man, karma is a bitch.

My posts are sad. I give Rats cancer.

And, i wrote this myself?

pbmax
10-03-2009, 08:23 AM

Actually, since the Pack were favored by nearly all the "experts"(a couple went to Bears) to win division and go far in playoffs, I'd say the pressure is on the Pack to live up to expectations. Which was also a slam at Vikes since they did win the div last year.
I don't know what sources you saw, but most of the sources I saw had the Vikings winning it. I think they started out much heavier favorites for the division, post-season and Super Bowl. A couple of conventional wisdom weather vanes (Peter King, Bill Simmons) took the Pack for the Super Bowl, but that was only after pre-season scoring theatrics.

The Vikings are 3.5 point favorites in this game. Given they are home, that is the slightest of edges to the Vikes.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-03-2009, 09:41 AM

I don't know what sources you saw, but most of the sources I saw had the Vikings winning it. I think they started out much heavier favorites for the division, post-season and Super Bowl. A couple of conventional wisdom weather vanes (Peter King, Bill Simmons) took the Pack for the Super Bowl, but that was only after pre-season scoring theatrics.

The Vikings are 3.5 point favorites in this game. Given they are home, that is the slightest of edges to the Vikes.

I was going to ask what his sources were, but that would be good ol ty be a know it all.

I'll just let you cover the shit i let thru. :wink:

mngolf19
10-03-2009, 03:42 PM

I was going to ask what his sources were, but that would be good ol ty be a know it all.

I aint going to look up every dang thing to prove my points. But I know there were more than just King and Simmons giving it to the Packl. Some were posted on here. But whatever :roll:

pbmax
10-03-2009, 03:58 PM

I aint going to look up every dang thing to prove my points. But I know there were more than just King and Simmons giving it to the Packl. Some were posted on here. But whatever :roll:
No hard feelings, its just memories. There were several I remember (and mentioned) who picked the Packers, especially late. The only one I know of that picked them early was Don Banks.

ESPN had its expert's poll in their Season Preview and 5 of 12 choose Minnesota, 6 of 12 the Packers and one the Bears (none of the big names appeared here (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview09/news/story?id=4424374), there may be another list).

Fritz
10-03-2009, 05:27 PM
Memories. From the corners of my mind. Misty water-colored memories.

pbmax
10-03-2009, 06:13 PM
Fritz, you know they are remaking Fame? I know this because I took a small person to dance class today and there wasn't much to read. :lol:

Between the musical you are planning and Barbra, I thought you might be interested!

Fritz
10-03-2009, 06:16 PM
Fritz, you know they are remaking Fame? I know this because I took a small person to dance class today and there wasn't much to read. :lol:

Between the musical you are planning and Barbra, I thought you might be interested!

You know a midget? er, small person?

pbmax
10-03-2009, 06:16 PM

You know a midget? er, small person?
I think this one prefers to be called a "kid". :)

Fritz
10-03-2009, 06:36 PM
You wanna be in my musical? You and the kid?

pbmax
10-03-2009, 06:55 PM
You wanna be in my musical? You and the kid?
Sure, but I have no singing voice. On the plus side, I can be very loud.

mngolf19
10-03-2009, 07:27 PM

No hard feelings, its just memories. There were several I remember (and mentioned) who picked the Packers, especially late. The only one I know of that picked them early was Don Banks.

ESPN had its expert's poll in their Season Preview and 5 of 12 choose Minnesota, 6 of 12 the Packers and one the Bears (none of the big names appeared here (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview09/news/story?id=4424374), there may be another list).

Sorry, think I just need a drink. I left my last nerve a couple miles back. :oops: