PDA

View Full Version : Wiliam Henderson Interview

Partial
10-02-2009, 12:31 AM
This is the single best interview I've heard in the past several years of listening to Rome.

http://wssp.radiotown.com/audio/The_Big_Show/100109_Rome_Henderson.mp3

falco
10-02-2009, 07:12 AM
Nice find Partial. Thanks for posting.

A lot of people thought Henderson was treated unfairly and let go, but he doesn't seem to harbor any resentment.

Although didn't he workout for Minny after he was let go? Or am I imagining things?

Rastak
10-02-2009, 07:23 AM

A lot of people thought Henderson was treated unfairly and let go, but he doesn't seem to harbor any resentment.

Although didn't he workout for Minny after he was let go? Or am I imagining things?

He was offered contract that I think payed more than Green Bay and he chose to stay in Green Bay....then got cut and I guess retired.

falco
10-02-2009, 07:25 AM

He was offered contract that I think payed more than Green Bay and he chose to stay in Green Bay....then got cut and I guess retired.'

That's right - his trip to Minnesota was before he was cut. Thanks Ras.

sharpe1027
10-02-2009, 09:36 AM

He was given a fair chance to compete and was beat out. I believe that Hendo is a smart enough man to realize that's how things work and not to turn it into something personal. The same thing could not be said for many other players...

MadtownPacker
10-02-2009, 11:01 AM
He was given a fair chance to compete and was beat out. I believe that Hendo is a smart enough man to realize that's how things work and not to turn it into something personal. The same thing could not be said for many other players...Not sure who you are talking about but Favre was not allowed to compete was he? M3 wasnt gonna go back on his decision. Also Hendo had nothing left in the tank. With that said I still was pissed he was booted. Especially for some whiteboys.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-02-2009, 11:40 AM
He was given a fair chance to compete and was beat out. I believe that Hendo is a smart enough man to realize that's how things work and not to turn it into something personal. The same thing could not be said for many other players...Not sure who you are talking about but Favre was not allowed to compete was he? M3 wasnt gonna go back on his decision. Also Hendo had nothing left in the tank. With that said I still was pissed he was booted. Especially for some whiteboys.

In order to compete you have to show up at your JOB. We musta missed him at OTA.

Michael Phelps doesn't get a free pass to the finals....he has to make the u.s. olympic team, then swim in heats...then he gets to go for the gold.

Somehow Bert forgot that.

sharpe1027
10-02-2009, 11:44 AM
Not sure who you are talking about but Favre was not allowed to compete was he? M3 wasnt gonna go back on his decision. Also Hendo had nothing left in the tank. With that said I still was pissed he was booted. Especially for some whiteboys.

No need to go all Favre on me, there are plenty of other examples of players all pissed off because they couldn't believe the team didn't think their shit didn't stink.

Still, if by not allowed to compete you mean he chose not to show up to camp, then I guess you are right...Favre didn't allow himself to compete.

Pugger
10-02-2009, 02:07 PM
Seriously, if BF would've filed his reinstatement papers back that May and showed up at camp the Packers would've been forced to either trade him or give him back his play book and let him compete like any body else. I still don't understand why he just sat around unless he was trying to force TT to release him outright, which thankfully TT never did. Why did BF hem and haw about filing those papers? Because he didn't want to play for the Packers. If BF had come to camp on time there is no way the team could lock him out permanently without repercussions from the players union.