PDA

View Full Version : Bert, game managing to a win?

Tyrone Bigguns
10-02-2009, 08:41 AM
2003 Green Bay Packers

Ahman Green rushed for a club record 1883 yards and had over 2200 total yards from scrimmage.

The Packers had one of the top offensive lines in the NFL: Clifton, Wahle, Flanagan, Rivera, Tauscher

Bert threw for 3361 yards--his lowest output since 1993. This was without question a run-first offense.

Bert threw 21 interceptions that season.

In the season opener the Packers lost at home to--incidentally--the Vikings. Bert threw 4 picks that day.

The Packers lost at Detroit on Thanksgiving. Bert threw 3 picks that day.

The previous game the Packers beat the 49'ers. Ahman Green rushed for 154 yards on 27 carries. Despite just 15 pass attempts Bert threw 3 picks that day.

They lost in the divisional round of the playoffs when Bert threw an OT interception at Philly, setting up the winning FG for the Eagles. Ahman Green had 25 carries for 156 yards that day. Bert's OT pass was one of the most dreadful, ill-advised passes I'd ever seen.

---

Bert is perfectly capable of throwing interceptions even in a run-first offense. I almost expect a couple picks Monday night. Thing is, he can do that and still beat you. It's how he has always played. The key will be to secure the gifts he offers and to turn them into points. That has never changed.

sheepshead
10-02-2009, 09:07 AM
3 points off of 3 pics against the Bears. I'm not overly optimistic. Twice in the red zone from turnovers against the Bengals, no TDs

MadtownPacker
10-02-2009, 10:53 AM
Hey pendejo, based on your stats Favre threw 10 picks in 3 games. That means he threw 11 in the other 13. Not too bad considering the D sucked ass and gave up points faster then a basehead smokes up a dime piece.

Nothing against rockheads, just trying to put it in a way you can relate to. :D

Chevelle2
10-02-2009, 10:59 AM
Hey pendejo, based on your stats Favre threw 10 picks in 3 games. That means he threw 11 in the other 13. Not too bad considering the D sucked ass and gave up points faster then a basehead smokes up a dime piece.

LOL

Defense was ranked 11th in points allowed that season. Try the hell again.

MadtownPacker
10-02-2009, 11:04 AM
LOL

Defense was ranked 11th in points allowed that season. Try the hell again.Is 11th supposed to be good? Not terrible but they sure seemed to give up points at the wrong time.

Now go back to watching cartoons and eating your CapnCrunch maricon.

MadtownPacker
10-02-2009, 11:08 AM
Defense was ranked 11th in points allowed that season. Try the hell again.BTW - Where is your typical link to packerchappers to a thread with a article posted from another site? Gotta help them out man, they need you!!!!!!!

Waldo
10-02-2009, 11:09 AM

Really? 2003?

We were ranked 11th in the NFL, giving up points at the rate of 19.2 ppg (over 4 ppg better than last year)

We were ranked 14th in 3rd down %, at 37%

We ranked 12th in penalties, with 97

We ranked 5th in defensive passer rating, at 69.0

We ranked 5th in defensive passing YPA, at 6.1

We ranked 20th in sacks with 34

We ranked 16th in rushing YPC at 4.1

They sucked ass.

It's all good, if it makes Lord Favre look better, say our average defense sucked ass so it can make Favre's shitty play look better. It is the Favreaholicâ„¢ way.

Chevelle2
10-02-2009, 11:18 AM
LOL

Defense was ranked 11th in points allowed that season. Try the hell again.Is 11th supposed to be good? Not terrible but they sure seemed to give up points at the wrong time.

Well, the team we lost to in the playoffs gave up only 20 more TOTAL points all season, and they were ranked 7th.

So in context, yes 11th is good.

Defense used to give up points at the wrong time?

Opponents under 7 points
3 games

Opponents held between 7 and 17 points
5 games

So in half the games our defense held teams under 17 points.

Oppoents held between 17 and 24 points
6 games

Thats 3 games under 7
Thats 5 games between 7-17
Thats 6 games between 17-24

So yeah, the defense sucked. :roll: [/i][/b]

Tyrone Bigguns
10-02-2009, 11:18 AM

Not bad?

21 picks is 21 picks.

Hey, i'll put it to you the way a cholo can understand....10 drive by shootings in 3 days...and 10 more in 13 days. 21 dead in the barrio.

Well, that is a good day...for white people!

MadtownPacker
10-02-2009, 11:19 AM
It's all good, if it makes Lord Favre look better, say our average defense sucked ass so it can make Favre's shitty play look better. It is the Favreaholicâ„¢ way.I watched all the game polesmoker (see I can make up lil fucked up names on the fly too) and I recall Favre hitting all kinds of bombs with his broken thumb. Didnt he lead the league in TD passes that year??

MadtownPacker
10-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Not bad?

21 picks is 21 picks.

Hey, i'll put it to you the way a cholo can understand....10 drive by shootings in 3 days...and 10 more in 13 days. 21 dead in the barrio.

Well, that is a good day...for white people!See... it's not such a bad thing afterall.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-02-2009, 11:24 AM
Not bad?

21 picks is 21 picks.

Well, that is a good day...for white people!See... it's not such a bad thing afterall.

For the sake of the analogy...i hope bert throws 4 picks. You can pick which wetback dies.

MadtownPacker
10-02-2009, 11:28 AM
For the sake of the analogy...i hope bert throws 4 picks. You can pick which wetback dies.Shut the hell up with your wetback talk fool. You live in AZ and you might say it to those sawed off Oaxacas but I know you aint mouthing off like that around the homies.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-02-2009, 11:38 AM
For the sake of the analogy...i hope bert throws 4 picks. You can pick which wetback dies.Shut the hell up with your wetback talk fool. You live in AZ and you might say it to those sawed off Oaxacas but I know you aint mouthing off like that around the homies.

I got 16 stored in a house in glendale...i say whatever i want. They even eyeball me...and arpaio gets a call.

Chevelle2
10-02-2009, 11:41 AM
LOL

Well, the team we lost to in the playoffs gave up only 20 more TOTAL points all season, and they were ranked 7th.

Opponents under 7 points
3 games

5 games

6 games

Thats 3 games under 7

Doubt Madtown will reply to this...

MadtownPacker
10-02-2009, 12:01 PM
LOL

Opponents under 7 points
3 games

5 games

6 games

Thats 3 games under 7

Doubt Madtown will reply to this...Sorry I didnt acknowledge all your hard work chevy. But all you are showing me is a middle of the rankings defense. Top flight Ds dont give up 17 a game. They where all right but not to a level where great could be mentioned. If I recall they warmed up at the end of the season and that is when they started holding teams down.

Packerarcher
10-02-2009, 03:16 PM
Ty,

There is no way you can be an annoying little piss ant in in person like you are on here. Because if that were the case you would have been found in a shallow grave a loooong time ago.

ThunderDan
10-02-2009, 03:19 PM
Ty,

There is no way you can be an annoying little piss ant in in person like you are on here. Because if that were the case you would have been found in a shallow grave a loooong time ago.

That certainly isn't need on this forum.

Spaulding
10-02-2009, 03:22 PM
Ty,

This is a forum, not MMA. Lighten up. Whether you agree or don't agree stuff like this isn't called for.

Admin, any chance we can invoke the "Thunderdome" rule?

Packerarcher
10-02-2009, 03:25 PM
Ty,

Hey,people were told to take it down a notch to TY that seems to mean stir the pot more. I stand by my statement above,most anywhere in the U.S.,if that little prick talked to anyone the way he speaks to most here. He would in the least be eating through a straw for a long time.

Cheesehead Craig
10-02-2009, 03:28 PM
Ty,

Hey,people were told to take it down a notch to TY that seems to mean stir the pot more. I stand by my statement above,most anywhere in the U.S.,if that little prick talked to anyone the way he speaks to most here. He would in the least be eating through a straw for a long time.
I would think he'd drink through a straw. Chewing that plastic? Blech.

falco
10-02-2009, 03:29 PM

ThunderDan
10-02-2009, 03:29 PM
Ty,

Do you, just not get it?

Yes, that is how Ty writes. It can be irritating at times but really is pretty damn smart writing if you take the time to appreciate what is being done.

Still, talking about "threats" is not needed here and finding Ty in a shallow grave are totally classless.[/b]

Tyrone Bigguns
10-02-2009, 03:32 PM
Ty,

Really? What specifically did i write in this thread that was meant to stir the pot?

Are you confusing the jousting tween Mad and myself as serious? Let's see, Mad called me a fucking dumbass, basehead, and rockhead....and i responded in kind. He is joking, and i'm joking.

Packerarcher
10-02-2009, 03:40 PM
Ty,

I am not just talking this thread persay. This is the one I just got sick of your crap on. But don't sweat it,i'm sure that's how you speak to everyone in the "real" world also. That is if you ever get out of your mommas basement.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-02-2009, 03:46 PM
Ty,

I am not just talking this thread persay. This is the one I just got sick of your crap on. But don't sweat it,i'm sure that's how you speak to everyone in the "real" world also. That is if you ever get out of your mommas basement.

Oh, so you feel justified in attacking people when you get annoyed. Seems reasonable.

Yet, you said i stirred the pot. Guess that was a baseless accusation.

As for how i talk in the real world, you'll find out next time i order a big mac during your shift.

channtheman
10-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Ty,

Oh, so you feel justified in attacking people when you get annoyed. Seems reasonable.

As for how i talk in the real world, you'll find out next time i order a big mac during your shift.

You eat that shit!? :lol:

But seriously archer, if you really think Ty is stirring the pot here than what you are doing is no better if not worse. A PM to the admin would be more appropriate than insulting someone in a thread.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Ty,

You eat that shit!? :lol:

But seriously archer, if you really think Ty is stirring the pot here than what you are doing is no better if not worse. A PM to the admin would be more appropriate than insulting someone in a thread.

No. I don't eat it. No, i don't think he works there. Just a stupid throwback comment to his momma's basement.

Honestly, i didn't think this thread was stirring any pots. One of the arguments about Bert has been the reliance on the vikes running game. I merely posted data on his performance with a strong running game in the past.

And, anybody who read the last paragraph can clearly read that i said Bert can win games, but he will throw a pick, but it is up to us to capitalize.

Sheep actually, though negative, gave a persuasive stat that we wouldn't be able to capitalize. Ty made no assertion whether we could or would.