PDA

View Full Version : Sony Patents New Wireless Power Tech: Terminators Soon? Yep!

SnakeLH2006
10-02-2009, 11:37 PM
Sony has just perfected a medium that will allow cords to be a thing of the past (when it comes to power cords). That is awesome, as most good electronic gizmos are wireless now (Snake is always on the cutting edge of anything electronic). This just advances us (humans) to a new era of cordlessness joy. That is awesome.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/173007/sony_prototype_sends_electricity_through_the_air.h tml

If you click and read the post from Jokerfisch in the comments he really made Snake scared as what does this lead to? Terminators? Maybe, as I took the liberty to post up his link in his comment:

Without cords, Terminators are possible NOW!

http://www.engadget.com/2007/11/25/sarcos-military-exoskeleton-becomes-a-frightening-reality/

Check out the video of a human lifting crazy ass heavy stuff no probs....The maker of this tech is Sarcos (doesn't that sound evil like SkyNet?). Check that vid out. It's crazy and real.

We only have a few years left till Robot Terminators take over. No for real. :shock: :cry:

That is some crazy tech shit. No?

Snake loves some Terminator movies, but that is crazy. How long till they kill us all, esp. without a plugged in/at home type power source? In a few years this tech will allow wireless power to be transferred anywhere with no hookups. That is crazy shit.

Yeah, we'll wipe out Al-Queda with our robots, but the human race in a few decades, too, when they become self-aware, no? Life imitates art. WE are fucked. :shock: :cry: :!:

Thoughts...?

Patler
10-03-2009, 09:21 AM
Well, it certainly hasn't been "perfected" with a transfer distance of 20 inches without relays and only a 80% transfer efficiency, but its a good start at developing a useful system. I was intrigued by the statement that their system does not cause metallic objects in the magnetic field to heat up. My first thought when I began reading the article was that anything in the way would be heated like on my portable induction cooking burner.

Cleft Crusty
10-03-2009, 03:30 PM
My grandson was working on that technology in our house. He was beaming a power source from a contraption hooked up to the outlet socket to the tube. I happened to be between the two. He essentially cooked my intestines. I had to have two feet of bowel resected. The technology needs work.

swede
10-03-2009, 03:55 PM
My grandson was working on that technology in our house. He was beaming a power source from a contraption hooked up to the outlet socket to the tube. I happened to be between the two. He essentially cooked my intestines. I had to have two feet of bowel resected. The technology needs work.

Damn, science. You scary!

CaptainKickass
10-06-2009, 05:09 PM
If Sony can figure out how to couple this technology with Tesla's still unproven theory of "Free Electricity For All" - then, and only then will we begin to see anything resembling Terminators.

I firmly believe that we will see Cyborgs first.

Myspace, Facebook, Twitter etc etc - are all evolutionary stepping stones leading to the inevitable "collective consciousness" (Think "Borg" from Star Trek TNG) - then - once we marry human physiology with digital technology and are able to "grow" components, the combination of "E" (all of the above) will allow for some really interesting future adventures for Mankind.

(Belch)

Scott Campbell
10-06-2009, 06:11 PM
That's nice, but I wish they could make a fucking plastic cup that would keep beer cold for more than 3 minutes.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-06-2009, 08:20 PM
That's nice, but I wish they could make a fucking plastic cup that would keep beer cold for more than 3 minutes.

Can't finish a beer in 3 minutes. Pussy.

Scott Campbell
10-06-2009, 08:31 PM

Most times I can't make it back to my seat in 3 minutes.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-06-2009, 08:42 PM

You need that lazy boy recliner with the frig.
http://i.soundandvision.co.uk/products/la-z-boy/cool_chair_black.jpg

# 10 Point Massager
# Beverage Cooler
# Cup Holder in Lid

Scott Campbell
10-06-2009, 10:14 PM

You need that lazy boy recliner with the frig.
http://i.soundandvision.co.uk/products/la-z-boy/cool_chair_black.jpg

# 10 Point Massager
# Beverage Cooler
# Cup Holder in Lid

Well they frown on me carrying that into stadiums.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Mormons and their intolerance.

SnakeLH2006
10-07-2009, 01:44 AM

Why wait three minutes, Scott? That a crime on beer. :lol:

Either way, that is amazing technology being able to transfer power (electricity) via wireless channels. Yeah, it's only 20 inches via the article, but wait a decade and it's prob. infinite...at least till SkyNet (or Al-Queda) obliterates us all via nuclear annihilation. Then it's back to the Stone Age....again.