PDA

View Full Version : WHAT IFFF................SAY IT AIN'T SO...........

Bretsky
10-03-2009, 09:17 AM
THE PACKERS LOSE TO THE VIKINGS

and God Forbid..........Favre plays better than Rodgers ?

Will the posters go off on their rants and raves ? Will some turn on TTT ?
Will dirt be thrown in each others eyes ? Will some of those PITA I told you so personalities come out (this might occur either way)

Perhaps we should start some pre-game counseling sessions.

I for one, regardless of the outcome, will feel the same

1. Pushing Brett out the door was a smart move; there was a chance if we didn't do it Aaron Rodgers would ask to be traded and possibly never start for Green Bay. Rodgers will be at least a solid QB for many years ahead.
Favre will not be playing when Rodgers hits his prime.

2. Still will feel TT had a lot more to do with #1 than most Packer fans want to believe. But it turned out to be the correct move.

3. When all is said and done, most feel like the game is won in the trenches.

The Vikings Brass has put together a better OL than the Packers.
The Vikings Brass has put together a better DL than the Packers.

If the Packers lose, #3 is probably the main reason they did

4. Win or Lose, Green Bay still has a chance to win the division and make the playoffs

3irty1
10-03-2009, 09:33 AM
I'm not sure how I could go on. The only thing worse than seeing Favre in purple is having him beat the Packers. It'd be completely unbearable. My reaction might be like it was after the NFC Championship in 2007 where I was so burnt out I didn't even watch the superbowl. One thing I know for sure is that I'm going to have to watch this game in a place where there are no queens fans around for miles.

MJZiggy
10-03-2009, 09:36 AM
In answer to your questions, yes, yes, yes and finally yes.

You can always hope not, but I already see people setting things up for later.

Emotions will be running high. I've already had the DTV guy out to check the satellite and am in the process of removing anything from the living room that could damage the tv if thrown. If we win, I'll be celebrating and doing the happy dance. I have no intention of tossing anything in anyone's face except at work where I can celebrate with a friend who feels the exact same as I do. But if we lose, I'm considering taking a few days off from the forum because I know what it's going to be like in here.

Bretsky
10-03-2009, 09:37 AM
I'm not sure how I could go on. The only thing worse than seeing Favre in purple is having him beat the Packers. It'd be completely unbearable. My reaction might be like it was after the NFC Championship in 2007 where I was so burnt out I didn't even watch the superbowl. One thing I know for sure is that I'm going to have to watch this game in a place where there are no queens fans around for miles.

I'm by it all; I'll cheer hard for GB to win and at the same time admire any plays #4 makes. I hope we win big, but I wish on ill on anybody.

If the Vikings win this game, #4 will be a part of that and will set history as the only player in the history of the NFL to beat all 32 teams.

But in reality if the Vikings win it will because they have better players in the trenches

Bretsky
10-03-2009, 09:39 AM

Emotions will be running high. I've already had the DTV guy out to check the satellite and am in the process of removing anything from the living room that could damage the tv if thrown. If we win, I'll be celebrating and doing the happy dance. I have no intention of tossing anything in anyone's face except at work where I can celebrate with a friend who feels the exact same as I do. But if we lose, I'm considering taking a few days off from the forum because I know what it's going to be like in here.

Ziggy..........we are agreeing on everything ? Lightning strikes Almost feel like a hug...group one....with you and about three other hotties :wink:

Rastak
10-03-2009, 09:40 AM
On NFL radio, they said if the Vikings win the game then Favre will be the first QB in NFL history to beat all 32 teams.

MJZiggy
10-03-2009, 09:42 AM

Ziggy..........we are agreeing on everything ? Lightning strikes Almost feel like a hug...group one....with you and about three other hotties :wink:

Well, call GBR and PIP and let's get a beer (or wine as the Rat may be)

Bretsky
10-03-2009, 09:49 AM
On NFL radio, they said if the Vikings win the game then Favre will be the first QB in NFL history to beat all 32 teams.

What do you need NFL network for when you could have just read what I wrote two posts ago ? :lol:

Rastak
10-03-2009, 09:51 AM

What do you need NFL network for when you could have just read what I wrote two posts ago ? :lol:

DOH!

Sorry, I am a bit slow on the uptake........ :oops:

Props to the Bretsky for being on top of things!

Tyrone Bigguns
10-03-2009, 09:53 AM

And, if he loses?

Cleft Crusty
10-03-2009, 09:59 AM

And, if he loses?

I know what you're getting at here. Off the top of my head, I think the Packers under Favre never lost to Redskins or Raiders. Will check into it.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-03-2009, 10:06 AM

And, if he loses?

I know what you're getting at here. Off the top of my head, I think the Packers under Favre never lost to Redskins or Raiders. Will check into it.

Actually, the minute i posted i realized it wasn't what i was getting at. Ty is pretty sure there have been qbs that have lost to every team in the league.

Question is has a qb thrown a pick to every team?

Cleft Crusty
10-03-2009, 10:13 AM

And, if he loses?

Actually, the minute i posted i realized it wasn't what i was getting at. Ty is pretty sure there have been qbs that have lost to every team in the league.

Question is has a qb thrown a pick to every team?

Don't know about that one, though Dave Kreig tried his best (turnovers; he also fumbled a lot). BTW, Favre beat the Houston Texans the one time he played them. Packers lost to Houston under Rodgers.

superfan
10-03-2009, 11:05 AM
If we lose, the Pack falls two games back in the division and it will be an uphill climb for the rest of the season. I don't think it needs to be any more complicated than that, despite all the other hype surrounding this game. If the Packers were 10 point favorites, then I would have more of a "the sky is falling" attitude if a loss, but losing a game where you are a slight underdog certainly isn't a disaster.

Last week I said (to a friend in a sports bar at the beginning of the game, not on this forum) as long as the Packers won and Rodgers didn't get injured, I wouldn't complain too much about whatever else happened. I have basically the same outlook about this week, except this game has more meaning for me since I live in MN and really, really don't like the Vikings.

If Rodgers were to get seriously injured, the season is over. I don't think there is any chance that Rodgers - Flynn would be another Majik - Favre situation.

bobblehead
10-03-2009, 11:12 AM

That is kinda a sappy stat since there haven't been more than 30 teams for that long. Did BF ever beat the Houston Oilers, the St. Louis Cardinals? I think not. :shock:

Fritz
10-03-2009, 11:49 AM
If we lose, the Pack falls two games back in the division and it will be an uphill climb for the rest of the season. I don't think it needs to be any more complicated than that, despite all the other hype surrounding this game. If the Packers were 10 point favorites, then I would have more of a "the sky is falling" attitude if a loss, but losing a game where you are a slight underdog certainly isn't a disaster.

Last week I said (to a friend in a sports bar at the beginning of the game, not on this forum) as long as the Packers won and Rodgers didn't get injured, I wouldn't complain too much about whatever else happened. I have basically the same outlook about this week, except this game has more meaning for me since I live in MN and really, really don't like the Vikings.

If Rodgers were to get seriously injured, the season is over. I don't think there is any chance that Rodgers - Flynn would be another Majik - Favre situation.

I'm with ya on this post. I would only qualify it in that if the Packers improve and still lose, all is not lost. They can still have a great season.

If, though, they get blown out and look like circus clowns, then there's trouble.

MJZiggy
10-03-2009, 11:52 AM
There may be trouble, but also realize that it's game 4. An uphill climb is still worth climbing (especially noting that some teams tend to start out strong and then *ahem* CHOKE down the stretch!!! Remember that the Redskins fans thought they had a shot last year this time.

Fritz
10-03-2009, 11:55 AM
I just think this team is still to close to last year's sense of ennui to be able to entirely escape it if Minny blows them out of the water.

But I don't think minny will do that.

pbmax
10-03-2009, 12:12 PM

The Packers have been hearing this exact criticism for all of McCarthy's tenure. he is 5-1 versus the Purple People. At least we will get to hear a different argument after the game. Because the argument will be all about the QBs.

Rodgers was the correct choice, T2 supported M3 after retirement 1 and 2, and regardless of this game, I still want Rodgers as the Packer QB. It was time to cut the cord.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-03-2009, 12:14 PM

That is kinda a sappy stat since there haven't been more than 30 teams for that long. Did BF ever beat the Houston Oilers, the St. Louis Cardinals? I think not. :shock:

14 years is long enough.

Oilers? Change of names. Cards...the city name doesn't matter. If we wanna play that stupid game, then what about the Dallas Texans or the Chicago Cardinals. :roll:

pbmax
10-03-2009, 12:15 PM
But there have only been 32 teams for 8 years or so. What about Montana?

Tyrone Bigguns
10-03-2009, 12:19 PM

8 years? Who came into the league in 01?

Last teams ty recalls were the jags and panthers in 95.

Partial
10-03-2009, 12:39 PM

Texans.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-03-2009, 12:44 PM

Texans.

Shit, forgot about them. good call.

esoxx
10-03-2009, 12:46 PM

I was at the game in Lambeau when GB beat the Oilers in '98. They also beat them in the dome in a Sunday night game, I think was '92.
Cardinals moved in '87.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-03-2009, 01:10 PM

I was at the game in Lambeau when GB beat the Oilers in '98. They also beat them in the dome in a Sunday night game, I think was '92.
Cardinals moved in '59.

Fixed

esoxx
10-04-2009, 09:23 PM
Except that's not fixed. The St. Louis Cardinals moved to Arizona after the '87 season.

gex
10-04-2009, 11:21 PM

I think the point is to beat every team in the league at least once. How many others have done that whether its 28,30,32 teams

Dabaddestbear
10-05-2009, 12:25 AM
One thing is for sure, I as a Bears fan will enjoy the beating either way, but will take extra satisfaction in watching the Packer fans rip each other apart if they lose to Brett. :twisted:

bobblehead
10-05-2009, 12:46 AM

14 years is long enough.

Oilers? Change of names. Cards...the city name doesn't matter. If we wanna play that stupid game, then what about the Dallas Texans or the Chicago Cardinals. :roll:

I guess my point is that, if say Montana beat every team that was around during his career then it would be an equal record as BF beating all the teams during his career. But to say BF beat all 32 teams, but Montana never beat the Panthers cuz they didn't exist is kinda a bogus record.

bobblehead
10-05-2009, 12:46 AM

Note to self, always turn the page before responding.

bobblehead
10-05-2009, 12:48 AM

I think the point is to beat every team in the league at least once. How many others have done that whether its 28,30,32 teams

Gex, the voice of reason. Next thing you know you're gonna have a Newt '10 bumper sticker.

HarveyWallbangers
10-05-2009, 12:59 AM
What happens if the Packers win?

Freak Out
10-05-2009, 01:04 AM
What happens if the Packers win?

Not if...when.

Pack 24

Vikes 17

LEWCWA
10-05-2009, 02:23 AM

The Oilers are now the titans and the Cards still exist, just in another city! I don't think he beat the Canton Bulldogs though!

And this is the shit that pisses me off about this place! What I just did to poor bobblehead. I know where he is coming from, but just have to get my 2 cents in about how he is wrong. Then top it off with some sarcastic BS comment! Sorry to use you post as an example....

LEWCWA
10-05-2009, 02:25 AM

14 years is long enough.

Fuck I didn't even read this far. I knew it, I just knew it...

LEWCWA
10-05-2009, 02:28 AM

Cardinals moved in '59.

Fixed

And another example, boy Ty you quite the ass aint ya.

LEWCWA
10-05-2009, 02:29 AM
One thing is for sure, I as a Bears fan will enjoy the beating either way, but will take extra satisfaction in watching the Packer fans rip each other apart if they lose to Brett. :twisted:

Life must be good in Chitown this week, hey.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-05-2009, 05:26 AM

Cardinals moved in '59.

Fixed

You must be a catholic...you do it, but then flagellate yourself....therefore it is ok.

I "fixed" it to illustrate the point even more...that is was there 2nd move.

Dabaddestbear
10-05-2009, 07:04 AM

Life must be good in Chitown this week, hey.
Well I reside in Milwaukee, but life is good for Bears fans yes. :wink:

pbmax
10-05-2009, 09:11 AM
Just don't get too close. I won't mind ripping a piece from a Bear fan during the scrum. :lol:

pbmax
10-05-2009, 09:21 AM

Cardinals moved in '59.

Fixed

You must be a catholic...you do it, but then flagellate yourself....therefore it is ok.

Boy, hearts were rent when the Chicago Cardinals moved to the greener pastures of the West. St. Louis' siren song of mosquitoes and floods.

LEWCWA
10-05-2009, 04:04 PM

Cardinals moved in '59.

Fixed

I did it to show an example of what bothers me with posters around here, as stated in my post. I should have just read further, knowing someone would give me an example.

Bretsky
10-05-2009, 11:02 PM
THE PACKERS LOSE TO THE VIKINGS

and God Forbid..........Favre plays better than Rodgers ?

Will the posters go off on their rants and raves ? Will some turn on TTT ?
Will dirt be thrown in each others eyes ? Will some of those PITA I told you so personalities come out (this might occur either way)

Perhaps we should start some pre-game counseling sessions.

I for one, regardless of the outcome, will feel the same

1. Pushing Brett out the door was a smart move; there was a chance if we didn't do it Aaron Rodgers would ask to be traded and possibly never start for Green Bay. Rodgers will be at least a solid QB for many years ahead.
Favre will not be playing when Rodgers hits his prime.

2. Still will feel TT had a lot more to do with #1 than most Packer fans want to believe. But it turned out to be the correct move.

If the Packers lose, #3 is probably the main reason they did

4. Win or Lose, Green Bay still has a chance to win the division and make the playoffs

I still agree with original post...........and why we ended up losing this dam game

Gunakor
10-05-2009, 11:06 PM
Spot on. Rodgers was responsible for at least one sack tonight, but under that kind of pressure there wasn't much more we could have expected. And there wasn't any pressure on Favre tonight, though I'd put that on the OLB's, not the DL.

Our DL actually played extremely well tonight. AP got 55 yards on 25 carries. Do the math, that adds up to 2.2 yards per carry for the best back in football. The Packers won that battle.