PDA

View Full Version : OT: Erin Andrews Video Perv Busted

Tyrone Bigguns
10-03-2009, 09:59 AM
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/33149622/ns/sports-other_sports/

A Chicago-area man accused of taping surreptitious nude videos of ESPN reporter Erin Andrews in a hotel room was arrested at Chicago's O'Hare airport Friday night, the FBI said.

FBI agents said seven of the eight videos posted online were taken through a modified door peephole while the 31-year-old Andrews was alone and undressed in hotel rooms in Nashville, Tenn., in September 2008.

FBI agents said they believe Barrett called many hotels to find out where Andrews was staying and requested a hotel room next to hers. Investigators said the eighth video was likely taken at another hotel, which Andrews couldn't identify.

Agents said Barrett also made reservations at a Milwaukee hotel where she stayed in July 2008. They found her door's peephole similarly rigged, but he didn't check in at that hotel and the furniture in the room did not match furniture seen on the eighth video.

Barrett tried to sell the videos to TMZ, but an employee there informed Andrews' attorneys, according to the complaint.

MJZiggy
10-03-2009, 10:19 AM
I'm glad they nailed him.

retailguy
10-03-2009, 10:30 AM
follow the money, you'll always find the crook... does anyone actually get away with this stuff anymore?

MJZiggy
10-03-2009, 10:31 AM
follow the money, you'll always find the crook...

I think this time, they just needed to follow the reservation records.

retailguy
10-03-2009, 10:32 AM
follow the money, you'll always find the crook...

I think this time, they just needed to follow the reservation records.

Perhaps the TMZ guys gave them a name with which to follow the reservation records.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-03-2009, 10:33 AM
Ty saw the video.....she needs to do some squats.

mission
10-03-2009, 10:42 AM
pm link? lol

Fritz
10-03-2009, 11:53 AM
Great. This A-hole blew my chance to get some footage of Drew Barrymore undressing.

And unlike that sick bastard, I would use such video only for myself. I wouldn't post it, wouldn't violate her privacy that way. It'd be just for me. I could maybe then take some video of me in the same hotel, in a different room, of course, then splice them together so it'd look like we were in the same room.

Damn that guy. He's a sick bastard.

Tarlam!
10-03-2009, 11:58 AM
And this isn't a Romper Room thread because?

MJZiggy
10-03-2009, 11:59 AM
Great. This A-hole blew my chance to get some footage of Drew Barrymore undressing.

And unlike that sick bastard, I would use such video only for myself. I wouldn't post it, wouldn't violate her privacy that way. It'd be just for me. I could maybe then take some video of me in the same hotel, in a different room, of course, then splice them together so it'd look like we were in the same room.

Use your head, man! Just reserve her room the following night. (provided the weather stays the same so you get the same light.)

pbmax
10-03-2009, 12:18 PM
I just hope the guy had a legit job. I am tired of being implicated by association because I read Sports Blogs and participate on a message board.

gbpackfan
10-03-2009, 02:34 PM
And this isn't a Romper Room thread because?

Apparently you can just put "OT" in front of any topic and post it in the Packers' area. Nothing like a cluttered board!

KYPack
10-03-2009, 02:36 PM
....A Chicago-area man accused of taping surreptitious nude videos of ESPN reporter Erin Andrews in a hotel room was arrested at Chicago's O'Hare airport Friday night, the FBI said....

Da Baddest Bear guy or the other troll?

(I can never remember which is the good guy and which is the asshole)

pbmax
10-03-2009, 02:38 PM
....A Chicago-area man accused of taping surreptitious nude videos of ESPN reporter Erin Andrews in a hotel room was arrested at Chicago's O'Hare airport Friday night, the FBI said....

Da Baddest Bear guy or the other troll?

(I can never remember which is the good guy and which is the asshole)
DBB I think is a Bear fan in enemy territory. BEARMAN could be a different story :)

swede
10-03-2009, 03:53 PM

I'll volunteer to spot her.

Fritz
10-03-2009, 06:39 PM

Use your head, man! Just reserve her room the following night. (provided the weather stays the same so you get the same light.)

You're far more talented at these things than I, clearly...

But I'm working on it.

Bretsky
10-03-2009, 08:31 PM
well it was a really cool video; can somebody post his address so we can send him thank you cards ? :lol:

Patler
03-08-2016, 09:19 AM
In a law suit against the guy and the hotel, a jury has awarded her $55 million,

http://abcnews.go.com/US/erin-andrews-jury-set-deliberate-75-million-lawsuit/story?id=37460110

MadtownPacker
03-08-2016, 09:29 PM
Fuck, this shit happened that long ago?

wootah
03-09-2016, 02:27 AM
55 million... Wow.

woodbuck27
03-09-2016, 07:12 AM
In a law suit against the guy and the hotel, a jury has awarded her $55 million,

http://abcnews.go.com/US/erin-andrews-jury-set-deliberate-75-million-lawsuit/story?id=37460110

That's a shame . Such a long time to wait for so little an award. She must be outraged.

HOLY CATFISH....that's a lot of money for having a nude photo about that you never granted permission for.

A Scenario:

So .... you go away for two weeks....say to a nice spot in Arizona. You have Buddy hire some 'strictly closed mouthed' Joe Poke that you nor he really knows.

Joe Poke takes Pic's of you walking your stick around the room after a shower. Joe Poke learns how to make Pic's go viral; and that'll work because well.............your lovely naked.

Buddy takes the fall and does some small time but his payday is on the horizon with Buddy and yours.

So you have to wait a decade and all that cash not gaining any interest.

run pMc
03-09-2016, 06:40 PM
55 million is a lot. Then again, those videos are out there and show up on one site as soon as they go down on another. As a TV reporter with many years ahead in her career I'm not surprised she got a lot of money, but I wasn't expecting that much. If you were publicly shamed such that you suffered from depression, anxiety, and couldn't work in your chosen profession because of some jackass, what would you want in compensation?

Patler
03-09-2016, 06:49 PM
55 million is a lot. Then again, those videos are out there and show up on one site as soon as they go down on another. As a TV reporter with many years ahead in her career I'm not surprised she got a lot of money, but I wasn't expecting that much. If you were publicly shamed such that you suffered from depression, anxiety, and couldn't work in your chosen profession because of some jackass, what would you want in compensation?

Does she not work in her chosen profession? I haven't been following the trial all that much. I didn't know her to shrink away from the public, in fact, it seemed to me she broadened her media attention by branching out into other things.

run pMc
03-09-2016, 08:04 PM
Does she not work in her chosen profession? I haven't been following the trial all that much. I didn't know her to shrink away from the public, in fact, it seemed to me she broadened her media attention by branching out into other things.

I thought she was basically done, but I don't pay attention to most of that stuff. Who knows? I tend to mute the TV and listen to Wayne and Larry.

Patler
03-09-2016, 08:32 PM
She has been one of the hosts on "Dancing With The Stars" for a few years now.

Cheesehead Craig
03-10-2016, 08:54 AM
I thought she was basically done, but I don't pay attention to most of that stuff. Who knows? I tend to mute the TV and listen to Wayne and Larry.

She was far from done when this all happened. Her star was rapidly rising at that time.

smuggler
03-10-2016, 08:56 AM
She probably won't ever get most of that money. How much of it is supposed to come from the guy? That's more than his lifetime earnings, obviously, so he'll never be able to pay it.

Patler
03-10-2016, 09:27 AM
She probably won't ever get most of that money. How much of it is supposed to come from the guy? That's more than his lifetime earnings, obviously, so he'll never be able to pay it.

In many civil cases, the plaintiff can recover the full judgement from any of the defendants, and it is left to that defendant to recover from the other(s). I don't know if that will apply in this case or not.

Fritz
03-10-2016, 01:43 PM

Patler, do you know about some Erin Andrews sex tapes that the rest of us don't?

KYPack
03-10-2016, 07:12 PM
When I see older threads, I look at my own comments with terror.

Thank God I didn't make any comments about Andrews butthole, or anything.

Glad to see this guy got burned.

That is some pretty sick shit he did.

Iron Mike
03-10-2016, 07:16 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o85xtAebBaCz7Ji2k/giphy.gif