PDA

View Full Version : OT: Badger game

Tyrone Bigguns
10-03-2009, 01:34 PM
Just thought i'd give everyone an update.

Badgers 24 goofs 13.

John Clay over a 150 yards.

12 minutes left.

Pugger
10-03-2009, 01:40 PM
My hubby and I are watching that game and the rodents aren't all that great. I laugh every time ESPN shows the empty trophy cases at UM - just like it is over at the Heidi Hairs' hq. :lol: If this lead holds lets hope the Pack can do to the queens what Bucky seems to be doing to MN. :D

Rastak
10-03-2009, 01:46 PM
You and your hubby must be bummed with the last play.

Hey Admin, what's the function of the Badger forum exactly?

Tyrone Bigguns
10-03-2009, 01:56 PM
Ras,

What the fuck...the gopher wearing a vikes favre jersey. What kind of bullshit is that?

gophers fucked themselves.

Another year, another axe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SkinBasket
10-03-2009, 02:06 PM
That's some awesome fucking defense.

pbmax
10-03-2009, 02:10 PM

The after party?

Rastak
10-03-2009, 02:12 PM

The after party?

Could be.....

edit: Interesting game for sure!

Tyrone Bigguns
10-03-2009, 02:18 PM

The after party?

Could be.....

edit: Interesting game for sure!

Suckit Goofers.

Life sucks again in South Manitoba!!

falco
10-03-2009, 02:21 PM
Can someone explain something to me...

the play by play guy says: "unlike in the NFL, a sack of the quarterback in the last two minutes does not stop the clock."

What? :?:

KYPack
10-03-2009, 02:29 PM
Can someone explain something to me...

the play by play guy says: "unlike in the NFL, a sack of the quarterback in the last two minutes does not stop the clock."

What? :?:

31 - 28.

Wild ass, goofy game.

Yeah falco, I didn't get that comment either.

Wasn't that the guy that called Bob Griese "Brian"?

IOW, he dunno WTF he's talkin' about.

HarveyWallbangers
10-03-2009, 02:42 PM
DVR'd it. Just watched. Badgers manhandled the Gophers, but tried to keep the Gophers in the game.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-03-2009, 03:04 PM
for all those BB neighsayers...and we know who you are...BB is gonna be around for a while.

Best part is the whole offense minus graham is coming back next year....unless clay decides to bolt early.

mraynrand
10-03-2009, 03:38 PM
That was fun - flipping back and forth between the end of the UM/MINN game and the Mich/State game. Fun finishes, though I'd rather see the Badgers get their asses kicked. Plenty of opportunity for that in the future, just not by the Gophers...

KYPack
10-03-2009, 04:19 PM
This was the first salvo in the "Anti-Minny weekend".

It's our annual holy war against Rastak!

Rastak
10-03-2009, 04:25 PM
This was the first salvo in the "Anti-Minny weekend".

It's our annual holy war against Rastak!

I guess I'll just be happy with the split this weekend. :)

The great thing about college football for me is about 10 minutes after a loss I don't care. Not so with the NFL though.

Fritz
10-03-2009, 05:03 PM
Me too Ras. I watched the second half of the Michigan game, and after the Wolverines lost, I was bummed...for about five minutes. Then it was all fine.

The Pack loses, and I can't even listen to generic sports radio or watch NFL football (if there's a Sunday night or Monday or Thursday game after the Pack) until the Packers play again.

Ugh.

Hope this week it's me all over the sports radio and watching the NFL and the whole shebang.

Waldo
10-03-2009, 05:11 PM
Not the biggest fan of all you shitheads piling on the Gophers.

I may be a Packer fan, by my alma mater is the UMn.

Fucking Madison was all about your class rank, and really didn't give a rats ass about your tests. Mn was the opposite.

My 34 on the ACT and 3.2 GPA (ranked in the bottom 3/4 of my class of try hard nerds that failed at higher education) was not good enough for Madison. But Mn took me with open arms.

A BCE is not a gimme degree. Fuck Madison. But hey, my class is batting less than 50% at getting their degree. Ah well, no big deal going to class baked every day, just made me hate Bucky. UMn is a far superior actual college.

The UMn >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>UW.

Deputy Nutz
10-03-2009, 05:17 PM

Fucking Madison was all about your class rank, and really didn't give a rats ass about your tests. Mn was the opposite.

My 34 on the ACT and 3.2 GPA (ranked in the bottom 3/4 of my class of try hard nerds that failed at higher education) was not good enough for Madison. But Mn took me with open arms.

A BCE is not a gimme degree. Fuck Madison. But hey, my class is batting less than 50% at getting their degree. Ah well, no big deal going to class baked every day, just made me hate Bucky.

The UMn >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>UW.

Waldo is drunk

Waldo
10-03-2009, 05:19 PM

A BCE is not a gimme degree. Fuck Madison. But hey, my class is batting less than 50% at getting their degree. Ah well, no big deal going to class baked every day, just made me hate Bucky.

Waldo is drunk

You best believe it. UGa vs LSU + Oktoberfest.

But seriously, I wouldn't trade my education for any in the world. For all you aspiring Civil Engineers, Minnesota is the shit. Madison blows.

HarveyWallbangers
10-03-2009, 05:19 PM

Me too, but I still don't care much about the Gophers. I always rooted against them. Just because they accepted me, doesn't me I have to start rooting for them.
:D

Waldo
10-03-2009, 05:22 PM

Me too, but I still don't care much about the Gophers. I always rooted against them. Just because they accepted me, doesn't me I have to start rooting for them.

I'll root for them vs Wi, but I've become a UGa fan living here in the ATL.

Fritz
10-03-2009, 05:28 PM
The Dawgs. Matt Stafford from there?

Rastak
10-03-2009, 06:05 PM

And people call Favre a traitor?

:wink:

pbmax
10-03-2009, 06:09 PM
for all those BB neighsayers...and we know who you are...BB is gonna be around for a while.

Best part is the whole offense minus graham is coming back next year....unless clay decides to bolt early.
I'm right here. Still don't really like him. But glad he is having a good year.

Pugger
10-03-2009, 07:03 PM

I'll root for them vs Wi, but I've become a UGa fan living here in the ATL.

I have a question for Waldo or whoever might know: why does the UGa have a G logo similar to the Packers?

MJZiggy
10-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Because they liked the Packer G so much. They emulated and tweaked.

retailguy
10-03-2009, 07:26 PM

http://www.collegefootballhistory.com/georgia/history.htm

The Georgia "G" Helmet

The unique Georgia helmet featuring the oval "G" has become a tradition that is known across the country as the logo of the Georgia Bulldogs. The basic design was instituted by Vince Dooley when he became head coach in 1964. He had been impressed with the look of the helmet worn by the Green Bay Packers which featued the oval "G" but in a different color scheme. Dooley settled on the black oval "G" surrounded by a white oval background resting on each side of the bright red helmet. A white stripe was placed over the top. The design has remained basically the same ever since; however, a smaller black stripe was added inside the white stripe over the top in 1996 by new head coach Jim Donnan.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-03-2009, 07:27 PM

I'm right here. Still don't really like him. But glad he is having a good year.

4 more years at the minimum PB. Better start learning to like him.

Harlan Huckleby
10-03-2009, 07:40 PM
That was a fun game to watch for a Badger fan.

The Badger cornerbacks are not very good, and I don't mean just against the Gopher Super Man Decker. Other than that shortcoming, the Badgers are a very solid, well-balanced team. They beat MN in all phases of the game.

One tiny pet peeve: When Tolzien lost that fumble, the replay showed that a defensive tackle made a great play in reaching-out and knocking it out of hand. Greise kept going on about Tolzien had lost his poise, was just dropping footballs. Damn, that was irritating.

MJZiggy
10-03-2009, 07:42 PM

The Georgia "G" Helmet

The unique Georgia helmet featuring the oval "G" has become a tradition that is known across the country as the logo of the Georgia Bulldogs. The basic design was instituted by Vince Dooley when he became head coach in 1964. He had been impressed with the look of the helmet worn by the Green Bay Packers which featued the oval "G" but in a different color scheme. Dooley settled on the black oval "G" surrounded by a white oval background resting on each side of the bright red helmet. A white stripe was placed over the top. The design has remained basically the same ever since; however, a smaller black stripe was added inside the white stripe over the top in 1996 by new head coach Jim Donnan.

Well if you're gonna get all specific about it... :P

Lurker64
10-03-2009, 07:57 PM
If this is going to be the official "College Games of 10/3/09" thread, if anybody is in a position to watch the USC-Cal game, keep an eye on #44 from Cal, Tyson Alualu the 5-tech DE. He's probably a second or third round prospect, and he's having a good game. Certainly a guy I wouldn't mind drafting with a 2 or a 3. He does a good job getting penetration, and he's played in a 3-4 in college so in a 3-4 defense where he's asked to shoot gaps (like ours), he could be an excellent player.

Game's not that close, but Jahvid Best is fun to watch too.

retailguy
10-03-2009, 07:58 PM

The Georgia "G" Helmet

Well if you're gonna get all specific about it... :P

That's how we roll around here, baby!

superfan
10-03-2009, 08:21 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if a victory over the Gophers is a good thing. Cal has been outscored 59-3 in a little over 5 quarters of football since beating Minnesota.

channtheman
10-03-2009, 09:11 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if a victory over the Gophers is a good thing. Cal has been outscored 59-3 in a little over 5 quarters of football since beating Minnesota.

Games against the Goofs are always tough games so I would say that it is a good win regardless of what Cal is doing.

channtheman
10-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Mike Sherman's Texas A&M squad is getting the shit kicked out of them against Arkansas on ESPN2 I believe. Not watching it now but I was earlier. If you do flip to it, does anyone think Shermy has lost some weight now? They wouldn't show his lower body but he looked thinned out on the top.

BallHawk
10-03-2009, 11:43 PM
They wouldn't show his lower body but he looked thinned out on the top.

Probably just makes his ass look even bigger now.

Pugger
10-04-2009, 12:22 AM
That was a fun game to watch for a Badger fan.

The Badger cornerbacks are not very good, and I don't mean just against the Gopher Super Man Decker. Other than that shortcoming, the Badgers are a very solid, well-balanced team. They beat MN in all phases of the game.

One tiny pet peeve: When Tolzien lost that fumble, the replay showed that a defensive tackle made a great play in reaching-out and knocking it out of hand. Greise kept going on about Tolzien had lost his poise, was just dropping footballs. Damn, that was irritating.

I wish we could get other announcers for future Badger games. That trio drove me crazy yet again. They didn't have too much good go say about the Badgers very often in that game, just like last week and Mich S.

Harlan Huckleby
10-04-2009, 09:41 AM
I wish we could get other announcers for future Badger games. That trio drove me crazy yet again. They didn't have too much good go say about the Badgers very often in that game, just like last week and Mich S.

Wisconsin and Ohio State have always hated each other. Wisconsin has managed to upset Ohio State several times, I think Dave McClain even managed to beat them back in the 80's. I wonder if Chris Spielman carries a little bit of a flame. Although I can understand that they would pump-up Minnesota as the underdog.

I find Griese to usually be pretty even-handed. His problem is that he says theories like they are facts and believes his own bullshit.

pbmax
10-04-2009, 09:47 AM
Griese wasn't the only guy to miss the hand on the football when the Tolzien fumbled. Matt LePay on the radio thought he had dropped it as well until Lucas caught the replay and the strip.

Fritz
10-04-2009, 11:41 AM
How's ol' Shermy doing?

It seems weird to see him coach a southern team. He seems more like a Boston College kind of guy.

Pugger
10-04-2009, 01:26 PM
He looked a dour as he always does.

Cleft Crusty
10-05-2009, 08:07 AM
How's ol' Shermy doing?

It seems weird to see him coach a southern team. He seems more like a Boston College kind of guy.

Sherman's tenure with Texas A&M may make football fans fondly recall Forrest Gregg's years with SMU.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-05-2009, 10:17 AM
How's ol' Shermy doing?

Sherman's tenure with Texas A&M may make football fans fondly recall Forrest Gregg's years with SMU.

SMU...the best team money could buy. They were dominant when Ty was in HS. Pony Express. Heard dickerson took a pay cut when he entered the NFL.

Ty loved the old SWC.