PDA

View Full Version : Excuses made for Packer Fans By Packer Fans

Deputy Nutz
10-03-2009, 04:44 PM
For the most part all of us can just shut the fuck up until Monday night. Even then Packer fans will have their excuses if the Vikings won, and Favre fans will say something like, "see you in Febuary."

I have already heard a number of Packer fans on this board claim that this game is not that important, it is an early season game, bla bla bla. Nice way to set up a Packer loss.

I can't wait till Monday when the Vikings and Favre run all over the Packers.

Packer fan excuses
1. It wasn't Favre it was Peterson that beat us.
2. Well it wasn't Favre, the Packers offensive couldn't get anything going.
3. It wasn't Favre it was the lucky catches his receivers made.
4. Favre just got lucky, won't happen again.
5. Rodgers was just under too much pressure, he will be better in 3 weeks.
6. It was the pink shoes, Favre cheated with the shoes.
7. It wasn't Favre, it was that damn Metrodome turf.
8. The only reason why the Vikings beat us was that Favre knew the Packers defensive personnel so well.
9. Favre didn't beat the Packers, the Packers beat themselves.
10. It wasn't Favre, Chilly is just a better coach than McCarthy.

channtheman
10-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Wait, you want the Packers to lose? Why are you here then?

For the most part all of us can just shut the fuck up until Monday night. Even then Packer fans will have their excuses if the Vikings won, and Favre fans will say something like, "see you in Febuary."

I have already heard a number of Packer fans on this board claim that this game is not that important, it is an early season game, bla bla bla. Nice way to set up a Packer loss.

I can't wait till Monday when the Vikings and Favre run all over the Packers.

Packer fan excuses
1. It wasn't Favre it was Peterson that beat us.
2. Well it wasn't Favre, the Packers offensive couldn't get anything going.
3. It wasn't Favre it was the lucky catches his receivers made.
4. Favre just got lucky, won't happen again.
5. Rodgers was just under too much pressure, he will be better in 3 weeks.
6. It was the pink shoes, Favre cheated with the shoes.
7. It wasn't Favre, it was that damn Metrodome turf.
8. The only reason why the Vikings beat us was that Favre knew the Packers defensive personnel so well.
9. Favre didn't beat the Packers, the Packers beat themselves.
10. It wasn't Favre, Chilly is just a better coach than McCarthy.

Also it looks like you already admitted that number 1 will be the reason the Vikings win if the do. :lol:

MJZiggy
10-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Nutz, you know I love you, but here's a better place for this stuff:

www.purplepride.org

Unless you're just trolling trying to start shit (see address above. You're a Viking fan now, obviously.)

TennesseePackerBacker
10-03-2009, 04:56 PM
That's a whole lot of garbage, luckily I quit reading a couple sentences in.

Fritz
10-03-2009, 04:57 PM
11. I sat on the wrong place on my friend's couch at a key time in the game.
12. If Thompson had re-signed Mike Wahle, the Packers would've won.
13. If a monkey in Kenya hadn't crapped on a butterfly which then died instead of flying into a tree tto be eaten by a bird which instead ate a bug imbued with a rare disease after which the bird flew to Malaysia, the Packers would've won.

Deputy Nutz
10-03-2009, 04:59 PM

www.purplepride.org

Unless you're just trolling trying to start shit (see address above. You're a Viking fan now, obviously.)

Fine, I am outtta here. See you all later.

Deputy Nutz
10-03-2009, 05:01 PM
That's a whole lot of garbage, luckily I quit reading a couple sentences in.

Who are you?

Deputy Nutz
10-03-2009, 05:36 PM

www.purplepride.org

You are all stuck with me, that place sucks. It is sort of like the old JSO, not a very well put together forum. Quite a few other "Packer Fans" on there though.

This is my home, so deal with it.

retailguy
10-03-2009, 05:53 PM
Well, I'm not convinced they are going to lose, though I can't point to anything since the season started that suggests they'll put it together either. This game is a real mystery for me.

You're right, the "pro Ted" crowd will be out in force with explanations, but hey, they've done that all season, last season too, and keep pointing to 2-1, so why wouldn't they?

Tyrone is already talking that we "can make a run" if we're 4-4, so it's already starting. 'Course Rodgers might be dead by then, but, you know, we're fine there. We just need "patience" with the young guys, AGAIN. I'm sure TJ Lang has got GREAT potential, but WTF will he do for us this year? Oh yeah, somebody has got to hold the door for Cliffy and his crutches.

One game at a time. I'm not giving up hope because Shadow is "Willing the Packers to victory". I think we're in good hands there. Hopefully, part of Shadow's will includes the willingness to block. We need someone who can do that.

Deputy Nutz
10-03-2009, 05:57 PM
Well, I'm not convinced they are going to lose, though I can't point to anything since the season started that suggests they'll put it together either. This game is a real mystery for me.

You're right, the "pro Ted" crowd will be out in force with explanations, but hey, they've done that all season, last season too, and keep pointing to 2-1, so why wouldn't they?

Tyrone is already talking that we "can make a run" if we're 4-4, so it's already starting. 'Course Rodgers might be dead by then, but, you know, we're fine there. We just need "patience" with the young guys, AGAIN. I'm sure TJ Lang has got GREAT potential, but WTF will he do for us this year? Oh yeah, somebody has got to hold the door for Cliffy and his crutches.

One game at a time. I'm not giving up hope because Shadow is "Willing the Packers to victory". I think we're in good hands there. Hopefully, part of Shadow's will includes the willingness to block. We need someone who can do that.

I love you

retailguy
10-03-2009, 06:02 PM

I love you

:hug: :shock: :D

have a beer, and then go punch out skinbasket.

Monday is coming soon! Gonna watch some football! :P

pbmax
10-03-2009, 06:03 PM
Ty at 4-4 is not far off, is he? Wasn't the Super Bowl team 5-3 at eight games?

pbmax
10-03-2009, 06:05 PM
EH! Try 8-3 dumba**. :lol:

At eight games they were 7-1.

I can't even subtract today.

MJZiggy
10-03-2009, 06:06 PM

The other one.

retailguy
10-03-2009, 06:07 PM

We're not 4-4 yet. We're also not the Pittsburgh Steelers either, but hey that's the goal, isn't it? So we'll see, won't we?

pbmax
10-03-2009, 06:19 PM

The other one.
I'll admit it, I am struggling today. Just have to go out to the keyboard and compete at 110% and let the mathematic chips fall where they may.

pbmax
10-03-2009, 06:28 PM

We're not 4-4 yet. We're also not the Pittsburgh Steelers either, but hey that's the goal, isn't it? So we'll see, won't we?
The Steelers are a valid question, because as bad as their line has been this year, it was just as bad last year. We wonder how Ted ended up with no backup LT beside Colledge, Steeler fans are wondering how the guy they have been looking to replace for three years at Left Tackle is still starting. They thought he has been relegated to the bench last year, only to have an injury bring him back (I could have him mistaken for Color as the injury replacement guy from last year, I couldn't find a reference quickly).

Fritz
10-03-2009, 06:29 PM
We shall see.

And if you all who are feeling angry and bitter want to feel that way, you are free to, of course.

Even if this team loses Monday, as long as they play better than last week and the week before, they can still be fine.

And if, at the end of the season, they suck ass despite having few or no injuries of note, well, then we'll see what the team decides to do. Then it might be time to act.

If they stay healthy and this team finishes badly, I'll be grabbing the tar and joining the mob.

MJZiggy
10-03-2009, 06:40 PM
We shall see.

And if you all who are feeling angry and bitter want to feel that way, you are free to, of course.

Even if this team loses Monday, as long as they play better than last week and the week before, they can still be fine.

And if, at the end of the season, they suck ass despite having few or no injuries of note, well, then we'll see what the team decides to do. Then it might be time to act.

If they stay healthy and this team finishes badly, I'll be grabbing the tar and joining the mob.

I can't speak to the fact directly, but I'm pretty sure Tar doesn't swing that way. :mrgreen:

pbmax
10-03-2009, 07:02 PM
We shall see.

I can't speak to the fact directly, but I'm pretty sure Tar doesn't swing that way. :mrgreen:
He's played rugby, so I'd bet someone has grabbed the Tar! before.

Iron Mike
10-03-2009, 07:04 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/greatscott.jpg

Freak Out
10-03-2009, 07:13 PM
The Dom has come up with some great shit for the game...I see about 5 ints for the DBs and a couple forced fumbles. The Pack run game will suck but Rodgers and the recievers will make up for it. Maui wowi....posting on a blackberry with opera mini 5 is a bitch.....still a few bugs.

MJZiggy
10-03-2009, 07:20 PM
We shall see.

Point conceded.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-03-2009, 07:32 PM

think cardinals , think giants.

And, has nothing to do with pro ted, it is called pro packers.

Bretsky
10-03-2009, 08:36 PM
blaming the OL coach

RashanGary
10-03-2009, 09:47 PM

www.purplepride.org

See ya. Nobody's going to miss you.

retailguy
10-03-2009, 09:48 PM

www.purplepride.org

Well, look at who has slunk back in here in the middle of the night. Where the hell have you been? Hiding?

Packers4Ever
10-03-2009, 09:48 PM
We shall see.

And I'll bring the feathers :wink:

Bretsky
10-03-2009, 09:49 PM

www.purplepride.org

Actually I think several people would

RashanGary
10-03-2009, 09:51 PM
The Vikings beat the Packers at the Metrodome last year, but that was probably Favre too.

Oh yeah, and the Jets are 3-0 without Favre. It's a good thing Favre showed up to carry that team.

The Packers may not win, but I'm certain if they do lose Nutz will have no reason why.

And retailguy, you don't know anything. If you ever have an idea of what is going on and actually get something right, then you can come around and criticize others when they are wrong. It takes real coward to keep their opinions inside, but crucify others for theirs.

PlantPage55
10-03-2009, 09:52 PM
Hrm. It's any wonder why people have been flying off the handle here...

RashanGary
10-03-2009, 09:59 PM
Wow, you guys are a bunch of losers. I can't believe how quickly you responded to that. I don't dislike any of you liars and cowards. I feel sorry for you. You are truely a pathetic bunch.

retailguy
10-03-2009, 09:59 PM
And retailguy, you don't know anything. If you ever have an idea of what is going on and actually get something right, then you can come around and criticize others when they are wrong. It takes real coward to keep their opinions inside, but crucify others for theirs.

At least I show up around here after my words are proven untrue. Unlike you.

The fact that you think I don't know anything is a good thing for me. See you monday night. If it goes badly, will you show up, or will it take three weeks again?

MJZiggy
10-03-2009, 10:04 PM
Wow, you guys are a bunch of losers. I can't believe how quickly you responded to that. I don't dislike any of you liars and cowards. I feel sorry for you. You are truely a pathetic bunch.

Why the vitriol, dear?

Rastak
10-03-2009, 10:04 PM

Get back on the meds JH....geez....

retailguy
10-03-2009, 10:05 PM

Why the vitriol, dear?

You really have to ask that? He's gonna get banned again, and take Madtown with him.

Clearly he's drunk again.

RashanGary
10-03-2009, 10:07 PM

The fact that you think I don't know anything is a good thing for me. See you monday night. If it goes badly, will you show up, or will it take three weeks again?

:lol:

Retailguy, you are going to die with your misery. It's sad. I feel sorry for you. Really, go find a life. Hug your kids. Spend time with your wife.

Bretsky
10-03-2009, 10:08 PM
time to try to configured the new computer and new wireless setup

If it doesn't work I'll see everybody in about a week

MJZiggy
10-03-2009, 10:12 PM
Nice timing...why don't you get one computer hooked up so you know it works and then screw around with the rest of them?

retailguy
10-03-2009, 10:13 PM

Retailguy, you are going to die with your misery. It's sad. I feel sorry for you. Really, go find a life. Hug your kids. Spend time with your wife.

Justin, you're a fool. If you knew half as much as you think you do, you'd be dangerous. Thankfully for us, you don't know that much, so you are just laughable.

retailguy
10-03-2009, 10:14 PM
Nice timing...why don't you get one computer hooked up so you know it works and then screw around with the rest of them?

You're too late, he's already offline..... :P

MJZiggy
10-03-2009, 10:15 PM
I don't want to think about what it would be like to be around Bretsky on gameday without internet...lol.

RashanGary
10-03-2009, 10:16 PM

This is obviously not going to a happy place. Enjoy the game. Enjoy the season. Football doesn't have to be this miserable. Really. It can be fun.

pbmax
10-03-2009, 10:48 PM
time to try to configured the new computer and new wireless setup

If it doesn't work I'll see everybody in about a week
Who is going to double post the good luck charm with me Monday night if you screw this up?

I don't want to have to drive/fly/boat/dune buggy to Fort just to give you a computer and a Cat 5 cable just for luck.

bobblehead
10-03-2009, 11:01 PM

I had this same sentiment, but then a viking fan friend of mine cheered me up. He pointed out that the pack has beaten two bad teams (chicago/rams) and the vikes have beaten two bad teams (clev/detroit). We had our recievers line up late with game on the line and 2 seconds left in a big comeback and they had a reciever make a great catch and manage to get 2 feet down.

Not even goint to touch BF vs. ARod, as its not relevant to this. Both teams have accomplished about the same, but the vikes won their nailbiter. I hope we are a bit better than they are...I have my doubts, but I have my reasons to be hopeful too.

Rastak
10-03-2009, 11:06 PM
Bobble, you every reason to be hopeful. Vikings have been a bit uneven this year. The defense has been good but not great and the offense has been up and down. I am pretty sure the offense get's better each week but not sure what's up with the defense.

gex
10-03-2009, 11:27 PM
Wow, you guys are a bunch of losers. I can't believe how quickly you responded to that. I don't dislike any of you liars and cowards. I feel sorry for you. You are truely a pathetic bunch. :drma: :drma: :drma:

channtheman
10-04-2009, 12:55 AM
Bobble, you every reason to be hopeful. Vikings have been a bit uneven this year. The defense has been good but not great and the offense has been up and down. I am pretty sure the offense get's better each week but not sure what's up with the defense.

You and Bobble both make good points. Why is it that the Vikings have already won this game in so many people's minds? The Packers have been a little shaky but the Vikings aren't exactly turning heads, and if they had lost last week, I think that the feelings on this game would be more 50/50 than the 95/5 that it seems it is.

I think there is some stat that says most people only remember 1 or 2 plays from a game and clearly the Favre pass has everybody hyped on Favre kool aid for this game. Kinda like last year when he threw 6 TD's in that game. Everyone started jumping on the Favre bandwagon, and even I wished we still had him last year after that 6 TD game. (this did wear off though)

Bossman641
10-04-2009, 02:30 AM
Why don't you PACKER fans jump all over Nutz for making an anti-packer messages like you do when posters make anti-Favre messages? Sad day when PACKERRATS has more people standing up for Favre and the Vikings then the packers.

cheesner
10-04-2009, 03:12 AM
Why don't you PACKER fans jump all over Nutz for making an anti-packer messages like you do when posters make anti-Favre messages? Sad day when PACKERRATS has more people standing up for Favre and the Vikings then the packers.
In my opinion, most posters don't take anything Nutz posts as being meaningful. Its like the retarded son who occassionally speaks up. The conversation can be about cars and he suddetnly starts a speech about butterflies. Everyone respectfully listens, but what he says doesn't add to the conversation.

MJZiggy
10-04-2009, 07:07 AM

I believe I did, Boss.

Fritz
10-04-2009, 07:46 AM
What a thread.

So this is what it's like to have a period.

MJZiggy
10-04-2009, 08:05 AM
No, having a period makes much more sense.

pbmax
10-04-2009, 09:01 AM
She's right. All I need to do to restore order then is make a trip to the convenience store for Reese's Peanut Butter Cups or a Hersey's Bar. Then peace falls upon the land.

Rastak
10-04-2009, 09:26 AM
In my opinion, most posters don't take anything Nutz posts as being meaningful. Its like the retarded son who occassionally speaks up. The conversation can be about cars and he suddetnly starts a speech about butterflies. Everyone respectfully listens, but what he says doesn't add to the conversation.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fritz
10-04-2009, 09:28 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Baby Gap has a sale on kids' jeans today at the mall. :D

Bretsky
10-04-2009, 01:15 PM
I don't want to think about what it would be like to be around Bretsky on gameday without internet...lol.

15 hours later, returning a new faulty pc and getting a replacement, walking through tech support with some hottie for the PHILIPINES

And I"M BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zool
10-04-2009, 01:56 PM
I'm confused why this thread didnt get a thorough tongue lashing but the parody thread did?

bobblehead
10-04-2009, 01:57 PM

Look, nutz and skin are bat shit crazy, but smart as well. They are all about shock value and if you give it to them you are stooping to their level. He posted this to incite, and by responding rationally we are driving him much crazier than if we were to call him names.

Think Howard Stern, you won't win a game of insults in the gutter, he is the master at it, but if you logically point out the truth, it hurts much more.

Nutz, I hope the packers win, and win big. I hope you come around and become a packer fan again. I'll never convince you that BF is the villain in this, but I have seen him rip up a check at a restaurant at 3am and throw it and 2 20's at the waitress. I have known the real BF since somewhere around 1996. I DON'T know what TT is all about, but I have a good feel on it. I'll back TT vs. BF in a beef every time cuz one is acting like a spoiled kid and the other is calmly moving forward with what he thinks is best.

I can see why you back BF in this because in beef after beef you come across as a spoiled little kid that was never told no as a child. When you don't get your way you start threads like this one. I'm not going to dig up your one man march on the war against homophobes back in the day, but the "homophobes" as you described them were being rational and reasonable. You were not. If I really want to hurt you I'll point out that you and JH act a lot alike when you get an agenda. I like JH as well as you when you aren't being vitriolic and going for shock, but I'll never defend either of you. Even though I personally agreed with your point of view back then for the most part I would have never backed you and your antics. In this case I don't back your side of the debate or your antics.

There ya go boss, was this sufficient for you?

Scott Campbell
10-04-2009, 02:36 PM
Nutz is not retarded.

Deputy Nutz
10-04-2009, 03:06 PM
Nutz is not retarded.

Thanks.

Deputy Nutz
10-04-2009, 03:09 PM

I hope you don't take anything I say serious, but yes there was a time when I was one of the most smartest poster in these parts, then Waldo came along and proved he has no life, even lesser of a sad life than I do.

I wonder what happened? I backed Favre so anything I ever have to say is now meaningless and full of BS. See I am not retarded.

Also there are not more people here in the support of Favre. I know I have read a lot of there work. I am one of the sad lone wolves.

Spaulding
10-04-2009, 03:16 PM

I hope you don't take anything I say serious, but yes there was a time when I was one of the most smartest poster in these parts, then Waldo came along and proved he has no life, even lesser of a sad life than I do.

I wonder what happened? I backed Favre so anything I ever have to say is now meaningless and full of BS. See I am not retarded.

Also there are not more people here in the support of Favre. I know I have read a lot of there work. I am one of the sad lone wolves.

Maybe I'm off here but I think the basis for all the bickering is whether you like Favre or not, he now plays for a team that is playing the Packers on Monday night. You can still like Favre but if you side with him and Vikings over the Packers it suggests you're not a Packers fan but a Favre fan who happend to wear green and gold for sixteen years.

Deputy Nutz
10-04-2009, 03:17 PM

Look, nutz and skin are bat shit crazy, but smart as well. They are all about shock value and if you give it to them you are stooping to their level. He posted this to incite, and by responding rationally we are driving him much crazier than if we were to call him names.

Think Howard Stern, you won't win a game of insults in the gutter, he is the master at it, but if you logically point out the truth, it hurts much more.

Nutz, I hope the packers win, and win big. I hope you come around and become a packer fan again. I'll never convince you that BF is the villain in this, but I have seen him rip up a check at a restaurant at 3am and throw it and 2 20's at the waitress. I have known the real BF since somewhere around 1996. I DON'T know what TT is all about, but I have a good feel on it. I'll back TT vs. BF in a beef every time cuz one is acting like a spoiled kid and the other is calmly moving forward with what he thinks is best.

I can see why you back BF in this because in beef after beef you come across as a spoiled little kid that was never told no as a child. When you don't get your way you start threads like this one. I'm not going to dig up your one man march on the war against homophobes back in the day, but the "homophobes" as you described them were being rational and reasonable. You were not. If I really want to hurt you I'll point out that you and JH act a lot alike when you get an agenda. I like JH as well as you when you aren't being vitriolic and going for shock, but I'll never defend either of you. Even though I personally agreed with your point of view back then for the most part I would have never backed you and your antics. In this case I don't back your side of the debate or your antics.

You saw Favre throw a check at someone so now you know the real Favre? Okay. I can see how that leaves a permanent impression on someone, I would think of the guy as a horses ass if I saw that. For as many shitty things Favre has done in his private life I am sure he has done twice as many good things outside of football as well. Which your story brings up a good point, maybe we shouldn't judge these guys and make them our role models because of how dynamic they are on the field, maybe we should just enjoy the 3 hours of them on the field and leave it at that. Brett Favre certainly doesn't have the worst character of any player in the NFL, but he also probably doesn't have the best either. I understand that he is what he is and the bottom line is, I have never seen a QB at any level do the things that he has done with a football.

Now the part in red. You don't know me outside of this forum, so bringing up my childhood should have nothing to do with this discussion. Again you don't know anything about me so that line is B.S.

Deputy Nutz
10-04-2009, 03:21 PM

Maybe I'm off here but I think the basis for all the bickering is whether you like Favre or not, he now plays for a team that is playing the Packers on Monday night. You can still like Favre but if you side with him and Vikings over the Packers it suggests you're not a Packers fan but a Favre fan who happend to wear green and gold for sixteen years.

Like I said, I like most of the players in Green Bay, I like football that is played in Green Bay. I do not like the coach or the General Manager and at this point I don't much care for the team president either. Basically what all this comotion over the past year or so has done is free me from my Packer homerism. I still enjoy watching the Packers but for different reasons. I am just fine when the win, and not nearly as shitty as I used to be when they lost. when they lose now, I can turn off the tv and go to bed or go do something else. It doesn't ruin my day one bit.

Now for Favre. I decided never to bet against him. I respect him and enjoy him too much as a player to ever root against him.

Spaulding
10-04-2009, 03:34 PM

Like I said, I like most of the players in Green Bay, I like football that is played in Green Bay. I do not like the coach or the General Manager and at this point I don't much care for the team president either. Basically what all this comotion over the past year or so has done is free me from my Packer homerism. I still enjoy watching the Packers but for different reasons. I am just fine when the win, and not nearly as shitty as I used to be when they lost. when they lose now, I can turn off the tv and go to bed or go do something else. It doesn't ruin my day one bit.

Now for Favre. I decided never to bet against him. I respect him and enjoy him too much as a player to ever root against him.

Appreciate the perspective although my slant is slightly different. Your views make more sense to me to now.

bobblehead
10-04-2009, 04:32 PM

You saw Favre throw a check at someone so now you know the real Favre? Okay. I can see how that leaves a permanent impression on someone, I would think of the guy as a horses ass if I saw that. For as many shitty things Favre has done in his private life I am sure he has done twice as many good things outside of football as well. Which your story brings up a good point, maybe we shouldn't judge these guys and make them our role models because of how dynamic they are on the field, maybe we should just enjoy the 3 hours of them on the field and leave it at that. Brett Favre certainly doesn't have the worst character of any player in the NFL, but he also probably doesn't have the best either. I understand that he is what he is and the bottom line is, I have never seen a QB at any level do the things that he has done with a football.

Now the part in red. You don't know me outside of this forum, so bringing up my childhood should have nothing to do with this discussion. Again you don't know anything about me so that line is B.S.

you are right, I don't know you, I can only guess. I said you come across that way at times, I've had people say I come across as arrogant, or something to that effect. I'll own that as I am sure I do. I would bet you are a ton of fun to get drunk with, watch a game with ect., and I'm not judging you overall, only as a poster. Sometimes you can light up that fire and people are going to react negatively.

I don't discount anything you say, like I said, you are very smart, no denying it. Sometimes the shit you and skin post make me bust out laughing. "Charles woodson has so much balls he burns them just for the funny smell as other players watch in watery eyed envy" or something like that...classic funny shit. I have had friends very much like you from college so your style doesn't really offend me and when I say you come across a certain way I'm not saying I don't like you. All I'm saying is that if you start a thread declaring you hope the vikings trounce the pack on Monday night football you gotta see how some might be seriously put off. You also gotta understand why people get pissy.

Partial
10-04-2009, 04:38 PM
Smart football opinions are disregarded around here when they aren't 100% huge homers who love the Packers and every move they make.

Nutz is a smart guy who played a lot of football. His comments around here are second to none. I don't necessarily think having the time to look up millions of stats makes you know football.

I think these personally attacks are bush league. Did Nutz attack anyone? As far as I know, no, so it is completely out of the blue and unnecessary.

Spaulding
10-04-2009, 04:45 PM
Smart football opinions are disregarded around here when they aren't 100% huge homers who love the Packers and every move they make.

Nutz is a smart guy who played a lot of football. His comments around here are second to none. I don't necessarily think having the time to look up millions of stats makes you know football.

I think these personally attacks are bush league. Did Nutz attack anyone? As far as I know, no, so it is completely out of the blue and unnecessary.

I agree,personal attacks are bullshit but I'm surprised when you start a post out the way you do. What is "smart?" The only people i view as smart are the ones that back up their posts with facts and the logic behind those facts.

Being a fan and being a homer sometimes are the same thing, sometimes they aren't. But I don't think anybody on this forum that is considered a "homer" is "100%" happy with everything that occurs.

Partial
10-04-2009, 04:47 PM

I agree,personal attacks are bullshit but I'm surprised when you start a post out the way you do. What is "smart?" The only people i view as smart are the ones that back up their posts with facts and the logic behind those facts.

Being a fan and being a homer sometimes are the same thing, sometimes they aren't. But I don't think anybody on this forum that is considered a "homer" is "100%" happy with everything that occurs.

Statistics don't always back up a point. This isn't a math class. We don't need to prove anything. If we want to get into an argument of providing formal proof, rarely does anyone achieve that here.

The "Facts" do not always match the facts, imo.

With that said, if you go against the grain here, you get personally attacked and ridiculed. It isn't right.

SkinBasket
10-04-2009, 04:55 PM
Maybe we should just start a new section on the forum where all you pussies can just talk about your feelings so we can keep these threads football related. Admin could make some extra money with some estrogen replacement pill ads. All of this discussion about personal attacks is lame and uncalled for and all the complaining about who's offended who is completely out of hand and is offensive.

Spaulding
10-04-2009, 05:01 PM

Statistics don't always back up a point. This isn't a math class. We don't need to prove anything. If we want to get into an argument of providing formal proof, rarely does anyone achieve that here.

The "Facts" do not always match the facts, imo.

With that said, if you go against the grain here, you get personally attacked and ridiculed. It isn't right.

Agree in that facts can be slanted or manipulated to prove a point but if at least some logic isn't used, it's just a personal opinion battle.

If that's the case, you shouldn't talk down to those that share a different view point and debate on civil terms and things wouldn't degenerate into name calling or personal attacks.

Administrator
10-04-2009, 06:35 PM
Partial - It really irritates me that I have to weigh in on things like this.

I have no problems with Nutz's thread. I have almost no problem with the "comedic" anti nutz thread, except for the unnecessary use of the "Favre Cult" term. Bretsky called it when he said that was "bush league". It is. The rest of the thread was a parody that I have no problem with.

And that's really the point. You started your post with fighting words.

Nutz got a couple of minor attacks. He responded, WITHOUT attacking, probably because he knew his opinions were in the minority and, that his statements were controversial during Viking week.

Your statements were again divisive, argumentative, and pot stirring. Please refrain from these types of comments. I recognize you feel picked on and ganged up against, but much of that is your own making. When you tone it down, others will also.

I'm leaving this thread alone for now as most have been respectful, even in their disagreement.

pbmax
10-04-2009, 07:06 PM
Disagree with Admin that the thread title was an attack, as by the message inside, Shadow was clearly kidding. But I respect that he saw that it was humorous and let it go.

Deputy Nutz
10-04-2009, 08:14 PM
Maybe we should just start a new section on the forum where all you pussies can just talk about your feelings so we can keep these threads football related. Admin could make some extra money with some estrogen replacement pill ads. All of this discussion about personal attacks is lame and uncalled for and all the complaining about who's offended who is completely out of hand and is offensive.

Now I am offended. It is really going to be tough allowing you to by me 4.00 dollar Svedka Vodkas tomorrow night.

I personally love personal attacks. I like the juice, I like the spicy flavor.

Rastak
10-04-2009, 08:17 PM
Dammit, do I have to give the damn Rodney King speech again?

Zool
10-04-2009, 08:18 PM

"OW OW OW STOP IT STOP IT OW OW!!!!"

Rastak
10-04-2009, 08:19 PM

Not that one...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

edit: That was F'ing funny.

Deputy Nutz
10-04-2009, 08:22 PM

you are right, I don't know you, I can only guess. I said you come across that way at times, I've had people say I come across as arrogant, or something to that effect. I'll own that as I am sure I do. I would bet you are a ton of fun to get drunk with, watch a game with ect., and I'm not judging you overall, only as a poster. Sometimes you can light up that fire and people are going to react negatively.

I don't discount anything you say, like I said, you are very smart, no denying it. Sometimes the shit you and skin post make me bust out laughing. "Charles woodson has so much balls he burns them just for the funny smell as other players watch in watery eyed envy" or something like that...classic funny shit. I have had friends very much like you from college so your style doesn't really offend me and when I say you come across a certain way I'm not saying I don't like you. All I'm saying is that if you start a thread declaring you hope the vikings trounce the pack on Monday night football you gotta see how some might be seriously put off. You also gotta understand why people get pissy.

Thanks for the response. I am not complaining about the responses that I get. I just find it funny that as a long time poster here, one of the first responders to the cry of Harlan and Mad that someone had the "stones" to come out here and tell me to go to another forum, all the while we have a Vikings fan in Rastak, and a couple of Bear trolls here.

What I find even more hilarious is the drunken out of control responses from JustinHarrell. Although I am not suprised by them, I thought that allowing him back on here he was supposed to tone it down, cut out the personal attacks and just let the Favre banter roll off. Apparently he can't do that especially in a highly medicated state. I feel for him, but FUN? FUN? FUN? There is no FUN in football.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-04-2009, 08:33 PM

Dumb football opinions are also attacked.

think about which side you fall on.

SkinBasket
10-04-2009, 08:33 PM

Now I am offended. It is really going to be tough allowing you to by me 4.00 dollar Svedka Vodkas tomorrow night.

Salad tosser.

Deputy Nutz
10-04-2009, 08:36 PM

Salad tosser.

What does that mean?

SkinBasket
10-04-2009, 08:39 PM

Salad tosser.

What does that mean?

I don't know. It's what my mom calls me.

Deputy Nutz
10-04-2009, 08:41 PM

Salad tosser.

What does that mean?

You must be good with tongs

SkinBasket
10-04-2009, 08:42 PM

Salad tosser.

What does that mean?

You must be good with tongs

And crutons.

bobblehead
10-04-2009, 09:33 PM

Not that one...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

edit: That was F'ing funny.

Yea, that was funny. See, these kind of posts by zool, skin and nutz are what keep me coming back. The football discussion is just gravy. The occasional urban dictionary link is also appreciated.

gex
10-04-2009, 11:12 PM

:worship:

LEWCWA
10-04-2009, 11:45 PM

I have no problems with Nutz's thread. I have almost no problem with the "comedic" anti nutz thread, except for the unnecessary use of the "Favre Cult" term. Bretsky called it when he said that was "bush league". It is. The rest of the thread was a parody that I have no problem with.

Nutz got a couple of minor attacks. He responded, WITHOUT attacking, probably because he knew his opinions were in the minority and, that his statements were controversial during Viking week.

Your statements were again divisive, argumentative, and pot stirring. Please refrain from these types of comments. I recognize you feel picked on and ganged up against, but much of that is your own making. When you tone it down, others will also.

I'm leaving this thread alone for now as most have been respectful, even in their disagreement.

And this is why many don't post here. What the fuck are you talking about? Fighting words. Sorry daddy, what a damn joke!

Tyrone Bigguns
10-05-2009, 01:25 AM

And this is why many don't post here. What the fuck are you talking about? Fighting words. Sorry daddy, what a damn joke!

Are you suggesting many don't post here because of the admin?

LEWCWA
10-05-2009, 02:13 AM

Yeah I usually just read some of the stuff and stay out of the fray, this shit is getting to be sort of a joke.....the gang mentality is alive and well around here! Seems even Daddy has his favorites or nonfaves is more like it.....fuck it whatever.

Deputy Nutz
10-05-2009, 07:24 AM

Yeah I usually just read some of the stuff and stay out of the fray, this shit is getting to be sort of a joke.....the gang mentality is alive and well around here! Seems even Daddy has his favorites or nonfaves is more like it.....fuck it whatever.

Please guys this thread is about how sorry Packer fans are going to be tonight and also about tossing salad. Apparently Skinbasket's mom believes he is a very good at tossing a salad. I have never had his salad but I will take her word for it.

He will make me salad.

SkinBasket
10-05-2009, 08:10 AM
He will make me salad.

I'm bringing a whole bag of crutons. And a Cucumber. You can't have a salad without cucumber.

Spaulding
10-05-2009, 09:00 AM
He will make me salad.

I'm bringing a whole bag of crutons. And a Cucumber. You can't have a salad without cucumber.

Bacon or no bacon? Gotta have bacon.

MichiganPackerFan
10-05-2009, 09:19 AM

www.purplepride.org

That's completely nutz.

SkinBasket
10-05-2009, 09:37 AM
He will make me salad.

Then why even ask?

Maybe we'll substitute the bacon with some nice rump roast though.

Zool
10-05-2009, 09:38 AM
If ya can't lick em....join em

pbmax
10-05-2009, 11:02 AM
Brett has weighed in on this matter.

He thinks Packer Fans should "just move on" (http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/63486367.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD 3aPc:_Yyc:aUgOy9cP3DieyckcUsI)

denverYooper
10-05-2009, 11:14 AM

He thinks Packer Fans should "just move on" (http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/63486367.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD 3aPc:_Yyc:aUgOy9cP3DieyckcUsI)

They could have just easily titled the article, "Favre to Packers Fans: I still want to prove that I'm worthy"

"I want to beat them," Favre told Gruden. "I've got a lot of friends on that team. The way things went down. I'm not going to sit here and lie to you. It was disappointing, for both sides. I still want to prove that I'm worthy and I think that's human nature. Believe me, I want to win this game."

pbmax
10-05-2009, 11:36 AM

They could have just easily titled the article, "Favre to Packers Fans: I still want to prove that I'm worthy"

"I want to beat them," Favre told Gruden. "I've got a lot of friends on that team. The way things went down. I'm not going to sit here and lie to you. It was disappointing, for both sides. I still want to prove that I'm worthy and I think that's human nature. Believe me, I want to win this game."

Sure, but that quote won't attract as much attention.

It does even out the score of Packer QBs in the last three years saying something vaguely dismissive to the fans. Rodger 1, Favre 1.

Dabaddestbear
10-05-2009, 12:18 PM

www.purplepride.org

You are all stuck with me, that place sucks. It is sort of like the old JSO, not a very well put together forum. Quite a few other "Packer Fans" on there though.

This is my home, so deal with it.
Ahh, what? It cant be a fan from another team not wanted on here? :cry:

Freak Out
10-05-2009, 12:43 PM
He will make me salad.

Then why even ask?

You guys are planning on practicing safe salad tossing right?

Fritz
10-05-2009, 12:57 PM
Y'know, when I read Bobble's comment about Favre tearing a check up and throwing two twenty dollar bills at a waitress, my first thought was "I wonder how much the check was for?"

If the bill was twenty bucks and he tore it up and threw two twenties at her....wow, what a cool guy!

If the check was $39.99 and she busted her butt to give him good service and he threw her two twenties....wow, what a jerk!

Then it occurred to me: what if he gave her exactly 15%

Then I don't know what the hell to think about the guy.

Freak Out
10-05-2009, 12:59 PM
Y'know, when I read Bobble's comment about Favre tearing a check up and throwing two twenty dollar bills at a waitress, my first thought was "I wonder how much the check was for?"

If the bill was twenty bucks and he tore it up and threw two twenties at her....wow, what a cool guy!

If the check was $39.99 and she busted her butt to give him good service and he threw her two twenties....wow, what a jerk!

15%? If the service and food is great always go 20%.

swede
10-05-2009, 01:02 PM

Chip Scoggins?

Judd Zulgadd?

If my name were Mink Koobitz could I blog for the Vikes?

Fritz
10-05-2009, 01:04 PM
But if it was 15% then he was giving the standard, anyway. And if he was pleasant to her at 3:00 a.m. then it'd be okay.

That would equal out about the same as him giving her 20% but being brusque.

But what if he wiped his rear with both twenties and the bill was only five bucks? Does that make him a generous pervert?

I just don't know what to think of Brett Favre in this episode.

MichiganPackerFan
10-05-2009, 01:36 PM

20% for average to good, sky's the limit for great. 15% for bad to average and 0-15% when the bad is intentional or malicious.

Spaulding
10-05-2009, 03:40 PM

20% for average to good, sky's the limit for great. 15% for bad to average and 0-15% when the bad is intentional or malicious.

Does it change if Brett was in a large party (six or more) and the gratuity was auto included?

A) I'm guessing not as he threw two 20's and unless everybody ordered a happy meal and McDonald's now provides wait staff, it wouldn't even cover the bill

B) 15% is the standard but usually if auto tipping isn't it 18% in which case maybe he was tipping $40 on top of the auto included amount? Wait, he ripped up the tab - scratch that

C) He was eating at his very own Brett Favre steak house and he's entitled to do whatever the hell he wants to do given it carries his namesake and he's part owner (or is he?).

As with most tests, C is usually the correct answer.

Packers4Ever
10-05-2009, 04:58 PM
She's right. All I need to do to restore order then is make a trip to the convenience store for Reese's Peanut Butter Cups or a Hersey's Bar. Then peace falls upon the land.

See how easy it is? You guys have it made !!

We, on the other hand, oh never mind......:worship:

:wink:

cheesner
10-05-2009, 05:32 PM

I don't take much I read here (at least in threads like this) serious. I actually enjoy your posts - other posters I often skip. I end up getting drawn in only when I read their quoted comments in a respectable posters posts.

You certainly add your share of humor at times. You do post intelligently at times and other times I roll my eyes.

I see you as a Favre fan and a Packer fan. You can be both - and I don't think enough posters here understand that. The problem is, you are a bigger Favre fan than a Packer fan. I don't understand, but to each his own.

cheesner
10-05-2009, 05:35 PM

See how easy it is? You guys have it made !!

We, on the other hand, oh never mind......:worship:

:wink:

The diff is pbmax just restores order.

When you ladies :worship: you end up with order restored and some new jewelry.

gex
10-07-2009, 12:17 AM
I guess the winner is .......The O-Line lost it. It certanly didn't help.

Oh Yea , and that Favre guy kinda lit us up also. 8-)

bobblehead
10-07-2009, 02:05 AM
My excuse is that Brett played one of the best games I have ever seen him play.....is that an excuse?

gex
10-07-2009, 10:21 PM
My excuse is that Brett played one of the best games I have ever seen him play.....is that an excuse?

That he did. What happened to him being nervous and overthrowing wr like he used to do?

MJZiggy
10-08-2009, 06:24 AM

That he did. What happened to him being nervous and overthrowing wr like he used to do?

I don't know, but it sure would have been handy. They were talking about Chilly's game plan being designed specifically to keep him from doing that until the game got going.

Sparkey
10-08-2009, 10:48 AM

Tips are all about the service. Its not the waiter/waistress's fault that some moron in the kitchen doesn't know what he/she is doing.

pbmax
10-08-2009, 12:54 PM
I think they have gone back to piping in noise. I heard a Keith Millard chant during the game and he wasn't even the ceremonial captain.

get louder at lambeau
10-08-2009, 01:42 PM
He will make me salad.

Then why even ask?

You guys are planning on practicing safe salad tossing right?

How does that work? Saran Wrap?

And why the hell isn't there a puking smiley on this board?

cheesner
10-08-2009, 02:14 PM

I don't know, but it sure would have been handy. They were talking about Chilly's game plan being designed specifically to keep him from doing that until the game got going.

Rumor: Chilly put Brett back on Vicodin

swede
10-08-2009, 03:17 PM
And why the hell isn't there a puking smiley on this board?

I think we wore the last one out.

bobblehead
10-08-2009, 05:13 PM

don't recall what the check was. I'll give you another story. A guy (not BF)at a casino tips a waitress $100 for a drink, but he does it all in singles that he throws in the air and tells her to pick it up its hers. Cool guy for the $100 tip or fucking jack off. I have my opinion and it isn't cool guy. The waitress obviously agreed as she turned and walked away leaving it lay.

If you and I ever meet I'll throw 2 10's in your face and let you keep it....tell me if you'll punch me right in the mouth or thank me.

Fritz
10-08-2009, 05:42 PM
Both?

KYPack
10-08-2009, 05:57 PM
10's?

Let's get this scenario back to the 2 20's deal, then we'll do further conjecture.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-08-2009, 06:51 PM

don't recall what the check was. I'll give you another story. A guy (not BF)at a casino tips a waitress $100 for a drink, but he does it all in singles that he throws in the air and tells her to pick it up its hers. Cool guy for the $100 tip or fucking jack off. I have my opinion and it isn't cool guy. The waitress obviously agreed as she turned and walked away leaving it lay.

If you and I ever meet I'll throw 2 10's in your face and let you keep it....tell me if you'll punch me right in the mouth or thank me.

Why can't we do both? :wink:

pbmax
10-08-2009, 08:04 PM

It was "The Big Unit" Bill Michaels wasn't it?!

From his on air persona, he seems that kind of chicken smarmy.

Partial
10-08-2009, 08:17 PM

You're telling me you wouldn't pick up the hundred bones? That is just laziness or bs in my opinion. I'm all over it. I'm then keeping 50 and putting 50 up on a bet.

I'd also take the two twenties. I'd rather be upset + 40 dollars than just upset.

MJZiggy
10-08-2009, 08:22 PM

You're telling me you wouldn't pick up the hundred bones? That is just laziness or bs in my opinion. I'm all over it. I'm then keeping 50 and putting 50 up on a bet.

I'd also take the two twenties. I'd rather be upset + 40 dollars than just upset.

It's called hanging onto your dignity, P. Some people think theirs is worth more than $100.

Partial
10-08-2009, 08:27 PM

It's called hanging onto your dignity, P. Some people think theirs is worth more than $100.

I think I would have plenty of dignity. I also think I'd be +100.

MJZiggy
10-08-2009, 08:42 PM

That's because you don't understand the situation. Some things are more important than money. No, really. They are.

mraynrand
10-08-2009, 08:55 PM

That's because you don't understand the situation. Some things are more important than money. No, really. They are.

I'm with ya on this one zig. Tell the guy to go fuck himself. Unless you're eating cat food when you get home. Or you have kid(s) to support and you absolutely need the money. Some things are even more important than your dignity. Not many, but some. But this is one of those stories where you wish you were there so's you could beat the living shit out of a guy like that. Or stab him like he was an obnoxious fan of a team you just beat.

Deputy Nutz
10-08-2009, 09:02 PM

I'm with ya on this one zig. Tell the guy to go fuck himself. Unless you're eating cat food when you get home. Or you have kid(s) to support and you absolutely need the money. Some things are even more important than your dignity. Not many, but some. But this is one of those stories where you wish you were there so's you could beat the living shit out of a guy like that. Or stab him like he was an obnoxious fan of a team you just beat.

I can't comment, I once ate a whole glue stick for 13 bucks. I also ate a chewed up pickle sitting in a dirty ash tray for 6 bucks.

mraynrand
10-08-2009, 09:06 PM
I can't comment, I once ate a whole glue stick for 13 bucks. I also ate a chewed up pickle sitting in a dirty ash tray for 6 bucks.

Nutz, they can't take away your dignity!

1:40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWEHETqjWRs&feature=related

MJZiggy
10-08-2009, 09:15 PM

Nutz, they can't take away your dignity!

1:40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWEHETqjWRs&feature=related

Good God that was painful.

Bretsky
10-08-2009, 09:22 PM
I'm with P; take the $100

Look at it this way; either way the guy is an asshole

I'd rather I have an extra $100 and the aswhipe has $100 less

Plus think of all the good uses a $100 in singles could have :!:

Partial
10-08-2009, 09:28 PM

My dad always told me thats what poor people say, and I agree with him. 100 bucks for free if all I have to do is bend down and get it? What do I care what some random guy thinks of me when I'm likely to never encounter him again? I'll take the hundo..

GrnBay007
10-08-2009, 09:31 PM
Nice and loudly...
"oh look, you dropped some money. I'll pick it up for you"

Pick up the money.....put it in your pocket.....take the drink you just served him (for the 100.00 tip) and pour it down the front of his pants. All is well. :D

MJZiggy
10-08-2009, 09:46 PM
Nice and loudly...

Pick up the money.....put it in your pocket.....take the drink you just served him (for the 100.00 tip) and pour it down the front of his pants. All is well. :D

I see you've dealt with this sort before. :lol:

bobblehead
10-08-2009, 10:28 PM

Of course this makes me realize what she should have done. Pick up the $100 and then announce "I'll give $100 to the first guy to bloody his nose!!"

get louder at lambeau
10-08-2009, 10:52 PM

Of course this makes me realize what she should have done. Pick up the $100 and then announce "I'll give $100 to the first guy to bloody his nose!!"

I think you mean take the hundred and say, "I'll give $50 to the first guy..." See? Win- win!

falco
10-08-2009, 11:29 PM
Some things are more important than money. No, really. They are.

My dad always told me thats what poor people say, and I agree with him.

Well, at least we know where you get it.

MichiganPackerFan
10-09-2009, 07:35 AM
Let's look at this mathematically:
($0 + DIGNITY) < ($100 worth of beer + dignity)

Honestly, I probably wouldn't pick it up. Pouring a strong cocktail or shot on him and dropping a match sounds fun though...

Partial
10-09-2009, 09:05 AM
Greg Bedard was talking about the Packers woes today on WSSP, and he said the number one thing has to be Rodgers and the OL. He was talking about despite his numbers, that Rodgers has not looked very good because he has fell in love with his numbers and the long ball.

He said the number two problem is obviously the OL as they don't have a backup plan to Chad for the short or long term.

He said the number three problem is the secondary. They are still picking up the defense and have blown a coverage for a TD in each game according to him.

He said that the next Packer to likely be vocal and 'pop' is Jennings, who is evidently very fed up with not getting the ball and disgusted with the way things are going.

WSSP guys thought it would be Grant would be go off, as he seems to be generally very unhappy with his role in offense according to his Twitter account.

Just callin 'em as they report 'em.

MichiganPackerFan
10-09-2009, 09:15 AM
There's nothing like a few wins to kill locker room turmoil.

ThunderDan
10-09-2009, 09:21 AM
Greg Bedard was talking about the Packers woes today on WSSP, and he said the number one thing has to be Rodgers and the OL. He was talking about despite his numbers, that Rodgers has not looked very good because he has fell in love with his numbers and the long ball.

He said the number two problem is obviously the OL as they don't have a backup plan to Chad for the short or long term.

He said the number three problem is the secondary. They are still picking up the defense and have blown a coverage for a TD in each game according to him.

He said that the next Packer to likely be vocal and 'pop' is Jennings, who is evidently very fed up with not getting the ball and disgusted with the way things are going.

WSSP guys thought it would be Grant would be go off, as he seems to be generally very unhappy with his role in offense according to his Twitter account.

Jennings has no reason to "Pop". He rounds a route out and costs his QB an INT and he wonders why his QB isn't going to throw the ball to him more. Jennings is also seeing the majority of the double teams this year instead of DD. If DD held onto all of the balls that are coming his way this year Jennings would be seeing less double coverage.

And before we start arguing, Jennings screwed the pooch on his route. ARod shouldn't have thrown the ball in to the tight coverage, but he placed it exactly were he was supposed to, low and to the outside. Jennings on an out patern let the CB get outside of him. A position he couldn't give up. I think Jennings thought the coverage was good so he figured Arod wasn't going to throw it to him and he dogged the end of the route.

Partial
10-09-2009, 10:33 AM
Personally I'm surprised that Greg would be the one to pop as he seems like a quiet, soft spoken guy.

Fritz
10-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Yes, rodgers has to get rid of the ball more quickly. Yet what was one of the beefs last year?

He checked down too quickly, didn't wait for the big play to open up...

So what do we want here, people?

retailguy
10-09-2009, 11:41 AM
Yes, rodgers has to get rid of the ball more quickly. Yet what was one of the beefs last year?

To complain?

It ought to be obvious why Rodgers is holding the ball. His line is not protecting him. Instead of being able to focus on the receivers and his progressions, he's watching where the next hit is potentially coming from.

Unless he can watch two things at once, he's missing the open receiver to make sure he doesn't get killed.

pbmax
10-09-2009, 11:47 AM
Greg Bedard is most likely dead wrong. His argument consists of reading other people's minds. Too bad the reporter cannot create a reasonable scenario from actual facts available.

Numbers look good, Rodgers looks uncomfortable and holds ball too long, OL giving up sacks ergo: Rodgers has fallen in love with his stats.

Bedard is a moron if this version of his contention is accurate.

Fritz
10-09-2009, 12:21 PM
See my post above.

Last year the complaint was that he checked down too quickly, wasn't willing to wait for bigger things to open up.

So, he corrects that...and gets criticized. That on top of his line not blocking well.

Look, we're going to learn a lot about this team soon enough. By November 2nd we'll have a pretty good sense of whether this offensive line is going to work. And, to me, if the offensive line were working well, the rest of the team's woes would seem insignificant (barring injury).

get louder at lambeau
10-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Greg Bedard is most likely dead wrong. His argument consists of reading other people's minds. Too bad the reporter cannot create a reasonable scenario from actual facts available.

Numbers look good, Rodgers looks uncomfortable and holds ball too long, OL giving up sacks ergo: Rodgers has fallen in love with his stats.

I'm on board the "Bedard Is A Moron" bandwagon. Have been for a while.

Can someone explain to me, in a realistic way, how Rodgers is going for the stats and not the win? If you want stats, you don't hold the ball and get sacked. That's not good for your stats. Also, don't we WANT good stats from our QB? It generally HELPS you win, not hinders you.

mraynrand
10-09-2009, 01:01 PM

16 wins in the regular season, all by at least two scores, with the Packers never trailing in any game. Then a cake walk through the playoffs to a blow out Superbowl victory. is that asking too much? I don't think so. I deserve it.

mraynrand
10-09-2009, 01:03 PM

Can someone explain to me, in a realistic way, how Rodgers is going for the stats and not the win? If you want stats, you don't hold the ball and get sacked. That's not good for your stats. Also, don't we WANT good stats from our QB? It generally HELPS you win, not hinders you.

I fell in love with my numbers too, when I was getting creamed by a D lineman in 1.2 seconds. 8 times. Bedard can go fuck himself. Putz.

Cheesehead Craig
10-09-2009, 01:06 PM

I fell in love with my numbers too, when I was getting creamed by a D lineman in 1.2 seconds. 8 times. Bedard can go fuck himself. Putz.
Bedard's no Tauscher. :wink:

get louder at lambeau
10-09-2009, 01:19 PM

Bedard's no Tauscher. :wink:

Bedard is more of a Mike Vandermause than anything else.

bobblehead
10-09-2009, 02:19 PM

Jennings has no reason to "Pop". He rounds a route out and costs his QB an INT and he wonders why his QB isn't going to throw the ball to him more. Jennings is also seeing the majority of the double teams this year instead of DD. If DD held onto all of the balls that are coming his way this year Jennings would be seeing less double coverage.

And before we start arguing, Jennings screwed the pooch on his route. ARod shouldn't have thrown the ball in to the tight coverage, but he placed it exactly were he was supposed to, low and to the outside. Jennings on an out patern let the CB get outside of him. A position he couldn't give up. I think Jennings thought the coverage was good so he figured Arod wasn't going to throw it to him and he dogged the end of the route.

This was my take as well. Imagine it being Robert Furgeson and BF, all you would be hearing is how the reciever didn't cut his route OR fight for the ball. Honestly, the throw wasn't bad at all, he threw it into single coverage on the sideline in a position the reciever should have been the only one to make the play.

This stuff breeds itself too, later in the game he checks down to Wynn who drops the pass, then on 3rd and 6-7 he turns to check it again, wynn is wide open and probably can get the first, ARod turns a different direction and is sacked. Guys gotta have confidence that other guys are going to make a play.

I'm not absolving Rodgers here, as he lost confidence in a lot of guys and started not trusting the reads....gotta have a short memory in the NFL.

bobblehead
10-09-2009, 02:21 PM

16 wins in the regular season, all by at least two scores, with the Packers never trailing in any game. Then a cake walk through the playoffs to a blow out Superbowl victory. is that asking too much? I don't think so. I deserve it.

I also don't want to pay to put gas in my car or food on my table....praise the day!!!

gex
10-09-2009, 06:13 PM
So which Reporters are the ones that know what they are talking about?
Anybody have a list compiled of the guyus that are worth reading and the ones that are complete hacks?

Worthy ................ Hack

.................................Bedard

bobblehead
10-09-2009, 06:17 PM
So which Reporters are the ones that know what they are talking about?
Anybody have a list compiled of the guyus that are worth reading and the ones that are complete hacks?

Worthy ................ Hack

.................................Bedard

I kinda like Bedard and McGinn. I think most people will like those they agree with and dislike the ones they don't....ya know, human nature and all.

MOBB DEEP
10-09-2009, 06:18 PM
I just love listening to former/future coaches break things down...who better?

Herm edwards, cowher, even gruden

gex
10-09-2009, 06:23 PM

I agree, did you listen to Gruden talk about how incredible the throws were that Favre was making Monday night? That was great commentary by a professional who knows what he is saying. 8-)

GrnBay007
10-09-2009, 06:29 PM

I agree, did you listen to Gruden talk about how incredible the throws were that Favre was making Monday night? That was great commentary by a professional who knows what he is saying. 8-)

Thought it was funny in the Gruden/Favre interview they showed before the game when Gruden said he and quite a few coaches need to thank him for getting better jobs.

pbmax
10-09-2009, 08:01 PM
If Herm Edwards comes to Green Bay to do anything other than color commentary, fish or change planes, I will lay across the 50 yard line so games cannot be played. And I believe I will have company.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-09-2009, 08:42 PM

those kinds of pros are usually found in nice hotels or on the "sets" in Orange County.

Biggest blowjob on national TV since Monica Lewinsky. Sure hope no kids were watching.

mraynrand
10-09-2009, 08:49 PM
I say no to Mike sHerman Edwards.

Kiwon
10-09-2009, 09:35 PM
Hey, Shermy is 3-1 at Texas A&M.

.750 winning percentage :)

http://media.katu.com/images/060102mike_sherman.jpg

ThunderDan
10-09-2009, 09:43 PM

http://media.katu.com/images/060102mike_sherman.jpg

That can only be this year.

Blown out 47-9 by Arkansas this year. 4-8 last year.

That puts Mike at a solid 7-9 heading to 10-14 at years end.

Kiwon
10-09-2009, 10:28 PM

That can only be this year.

Blown out 47-9 by Arkansas this year. 4-8 last year.

That puts Mike at a solid 7-9 heading to 10-14 at years end.

I know, I'm kidding. A&M still has Texas, OU, OSU to play.

Shermy is just a personal favorite. Not as good as claimed, not as bad as claimed.

Partial
10-09-2009, 11:23 PM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20091009/PKR01/91009165/1058/Thompson--I-thought-we-d-be-better-early&referrer=NEWSFRONTCAROUSEL

Freak Out
10-10-2009, 01:22 AM
Thought it was funny in the Gruden/Favre interview they showed before the game when Gruden said he and quite a few coaches need to thank him for getting better jobs.

That was funny stuff.

woodbuck27
10-10-2009, 05:57 AM
Nice and loudly...

Ahhhh so you've been a cocktail waitress?

I'd do what needed to make the asshole pick up that $100.00 himself and hand it over properly. The only excuse for flipping off a tip is really disrespectful service. ie hustling a family away fr. a table as soon as the entertainment arrives.

woodbuck27
10-10-2009, 06:07 AM

I'm seeing the same stuff P. Arod is trying to be too perfect. He needs to relax. Somehow the Packers need to play better with the clock and keep the 'D' off the field more. That generally means more running plays MM.

Whatever it takes the OL has to be better prepared. It's been our Achilles heal for too long. TT has to get the parts together for that OL or the Packers W-L record will stay long on the 'L'.

Ohh! Al Harris's time is over.

GO PACKERS!

ThunderDan
10-10-2009, 11:24 AM

Where is that crap coming from?? He gets beat once when he expects safety help and his time is over.

Deputy Nutz
10-10-2009, 11:33 AM

Where is that crap coming from?? He gets beat once when he expects safety help and his time is over.

ship him off. Get what you can for him.

MJZiggy
10-10-2009, 11:37 AM
You want to ship off one of the best corners in the league while he's still performing at a high level and while the rest of the pass defense is struggling. There's an idea.

Deputy Nutz
10-10-2009, 11:40 AM
You want to ship off one of the best corners in the league while he's still performing at a high level and while the rest of the pass defense is struggling. There's an idea.

Yep, get what you can for him a 6th or hopefully a 5th.

MJZiggy
10-10-2009, 11:49 AM
Why?

Deputy Nutz
10-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Why?

He is old and can't catch.

gex
10-10-2009, 11:54 AM

Yep, get what you can for him a 6th or hopefully a 5th.I would have to agree, he is well into his 30's and his value is still high. We could probably get a 2nd and maybe a lineman for him.

MJZiggy
10-10-2009, 11:55 AM
Where do you get that idea? Al's not the one dropping balls.

Deputy Nutz
10-10-2009, 12:06 PM

Al Harris = Zone Completions

Partial
10-10-2009, 12:06 PM

Agreed.

Bossman641
10-10-2009, 12:30 PM

Yep, get what you can for him a 6th or hopefully a 5th.I would have to agree, he is well into his 30's and his value is still high. We could probably get a 2nd and maybe a lineman for him.

You're delusional

Bossman641
10-10-2009, 12:32 PM

Agreed.

There are definitely problems between defenders in terms of passing receivers off, but I wouldn't point the finger at Al Harris for it all.

Partial
10-10-2009, 02:03 PM

Agreed.

There are definitely problems between defenders in terms of passing receivers off, but I wouldn't point the finger at Al Harris for it all.

They pick on him constantly. Brett brutalized him almost as badly as Martin.

bobblehead
10-10-2009, 02:03 PM

That was funny stuff.

I wonder how ray rhodes, mike sherman, and Eric mangini feel about that.

bobblehead
10-10-2009, 02:05 PM

Agreed.

And once again, those who profess knowledge of football show not to have any....unless this is all serious sarcasm.

bobblehead
10-10-2009, 02:07 PM

Agreed.

Wow, you see a few guys get handed off to the safety when no safety was there and you conclude....its the CB's fault. Not sure what I can say.

Partial
10-10-2009, 02:20 PM

Agreed.

Wow, you see a few guys get handed off to the safety when no safety was there and you conclude....its the CB's fault. Not sure what I can say.

You're entitled to your opinion certainly but I don't think we've been watching the same games. Cutler and Favre both picked on Al all night. He's the third best CB on the team imo when taking into account the way they use him.

get louder at lambeau
10-10-2009, 02:25 PM

Agreed.

Yep. Al Harris has been very, very good. If anything, Woodson has been picked on more. The TD on Harris's side was the safety- Martin's fault.

People seem to get the idea that Harris sucks in zone because he's an expert at man coverage, and they just assume that's all he can do. Not true at all. The guy saved the day with an INT in week one. Let's get rid of him. :eyes:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81299963/Cutler-throws-fourth-INT

Bretsky
10-10-2009, 03:09 PM

That was funny stuff.

I wonder how ray rhodes, mike sherman, and Eric mangini feel about that.

good point

Bossman641
10-10-2009, 03:29 PM

Agreed.

You're entitled to your opinion certainly but I don't think we've been watching the same games. Cutler and Favre both picked on Al all night. He's the third best CB on the team imo when taking into account the way they use him.

I would like a thorough breakdown of all passes completed against Harris, as well as the coverage played and if the safety was in proper position.

Fritz
10-10-2009, 05:26 PM

Agreed.

And once again, those who profess knowledge of football show not to have any....unless this is all serious sarcasm.

Oh come on, Bobble. You want proof? What the hell is the matter with you?

You just pick someone to blame and then blame then. It's not that hard.

Then you pick someone from another team - player or coach - who isn't in Green Bay, and say that if that person were here, it'd all be better.

C'mon, try it! It's easy and fun!

Here's mine: If Ted Thompson wasn't so fucking cheap and stupid and dedicated to his draft choices, he'd have traded the next three #1 draft choices to Pittsburgh and got Mike Tomlin to coach this team.

The Pack would be in first place right now!

And they need to trade for Shawne Merriman, too! Give up Kampman and a #2!

See? It's fun!

ThunderDan
10-10-2009, 07:20 PM

Agreed.

Then you pick someone from another team - player or coach - who isn't in Green Bay, and say that if that person were here, it'd all be better.

Here's mine: If Ted Thompson wasn't so fucking cheap and stupid and dedicated to his draft choices, he'd have traded the next three #1 draft choices to Pittsburgh and got Mike Tomlin to coach this team.

See? It's fun!

Now that is some funny shit!!!

Deputy Nutz
10-10-2009, 08:16 PM
This was a really fun game, tomorrow I will pick another player to start a totally BS debate on.

Al Harris is one of the last players that the Packers need to worry about during the bye week.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-10-2009, 08:44 PM
This was a really fun game, tomorrow I will pick another player to start a totally BS debate on.

Al Harris is one of the last players that the Packers need to worry about during the bye week.

Get'em P!!!

bobblehead
10-10-2009, 09:22 PM

Agreed.

See? It's fun!

Too late, I already blamed MM without any hard evidence other than he gives up on the run.

bobblehead
10-10-2009, 09:23 PM

OK, so it was sarcasm...I thought you were sharper than that, but I never can tell for sure when reading instead of seeing someone say Al sucks.

Deputy Nutz
10-12-2009, 07:52 AM

OK, so it was sarcasm...I thought you were sharper than that, but I never can tell for sure when reading instead of seeing someone say Al sucks.

Williams gets picked on nearly as much if not more than Al Harris. This is a tough league to play corner in, most corners will get picked on or get the yellow thrown at him. That is just the business they are in.

Although it seems that when ever Al gets beat deep he is throwing his hands in the air wondering what happened to his deep zone coverage. Either the safeties have been just that stupid over the years or Al fucks up his zone responsibilities when receivers run deep on him.

bobblehead
10-12-2009, 10:07 AM

Williams gets picked on nearly as much if not more than Al Harris. This is a tough league to play corner in, most corners will get picked on or get the yellow thrown at him. That is just the business they are in.

Although it seems that when ever Al gets beat deep he is throwing his hands in the air wondering what happened to his deep zone coverage. Either the safeties have been just that stupid over the years or Al fucks up his zone responsibilities when receivers run deep on him.

Oh, I've seen every player fuck up on D at times...Harris' play in that dallas game 2 years back was abysmal, and that isn't even considering his play against TO. On one play in that game he stood at the LOS while the reciever sat wide open 10 yards behind him...MM later confirmed that the LOS wasn't a zone we usually cover.

That being said, I would say if you combing PI penalties and completions that Woodson has been more "picked on" than Harris this season. He gets more picks to offset it, but again, its the big play vs. consistency argument. Both are studs, both fuck up at times, and TWill isn't quite in their category yet....hoping he gets there though.

gex
10-12-2009, 10:37 PM

You're delusional

Hey I think he's still got it, but for how much longer? We don't owe him anything and if we could get a good return for a diminishing talent, TT should pull the trigger and stock up on some more draft picks and maybe a player.

Bossman641
10-12-2009, 10:41 PM

You're delusional

Hey I think he's still got it, but for how much longer? We don't owe him anything and if we could get a good return for a diminishing talent, TT should pull the trigger and stock up on some more draft picks and maybe a player.

You missed the point. There is a 0 % chance you get a 2nd round pick and lineman for Harris. I doubt you could get much more than a 4th rounder.

Partial
10-12-2009, 10:42 PM
I highly doubt you're getting more than a 7th for Al. Isn't he 35?

Bossman641
10-12-2009, 10:43 PM

I dunno. I won't pretend to know what Harris would be worth, just know it's not a second. Whatever you would get for him is worth way less than what he means to the team.

Partial
10-12-2009, 10:44 PM

I dunno. I won't pretend to know what Harris would be worth, just know it's not a second. Whatever you would get for him is worth way less than what he means to the team.

Don't know that I agree with that, he looks basically done to me. I don't think he'll be back next year.

MJZiggy
10-13-2009, 06:40 AM

Don't know that I agree with that, he looks basically done to me. I don't think he'll be back next year.

You only think that because he's 34. You don't go from one of the best in the business to done in one game.

Bretsky
10-13-2009, 07:33 AM
Al IMO looks much worse because he actually understands the defense and the morons behind him playing him at safety do not up to this point. I think he's still doing a decent job out there. Put Martin behind anybody and the CB will look like junk right now.....A. Smith anyone ?

Deputy Nutz
10-13-2009, 07:51 AM
Al IMO looks much worse because he actually understands the defense and the morons behind him playing him at safety do not up to this point. I think he's still doing a decent job out there. Put Martin behind anybody and the CB will look like junk right now.....A. Smith anyone ?

Bretsky remove your quote. It is now defunct