View Full Version : OFFICIAL Packers @ Vikings Game Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

GrnBay007
10-03-2009, 10:51 PM
This about says it all!! :D

http://regentbroadcasting.com/border_battle_logo3.jpg

pbmax
10-03-2009, 10:54 PM
Wow. What is the record for the earliest appearance of the Game Day thread?

PlantPage55
10-03-2009, 10:57 PM
Oh shit! Here it goes!

Rastak
10-03-2009, 10:58 PM
I'll be there so won't be able to chat with you guys. I am guessing it will be a damn good game, it usually is.

Bretsky
10-03-2009, 10:58 PM
Bretsky and Brady James will be in front of the Big Screen :!:

Pack 27
Vikes 23

Bretsky
10-03-2009, 10:59 PM
I'll be there so won't be able to chat with you guys. I am guessing it will be a damn good game, it usually is.

You don't blow one of those stupid horns, do you ??

Rastak
10-03-2009, 11:01 PM

You don't blow one of those stupid horns, do you ??

No, but I make enough noise where I can't talk the next day. Sort of a "rebel yell" from 1864.

pbmax
10-03-2009, 11:01 PM
Ras have a fantastic time. And just for old times sake, for one possession only (maybe late in a close game), boo Favre at the line of scrimmage. :D

Rastak
10-03-2009, 11:03 PM
Ras have a fantastic time. And just for old times sake, for one possession only (maybe late in a close game), boo Favre at the line of scrimmage. :D

I hated that rotten bastard. Never boo'd him for the hell of it....

Revisionist history, I guess I pretty much did every sunday..... :)

gex
10-03-2009, 11:40 PM
This about says it all!! :D

http://regentbroadcasting.com/border_battle_logo3.jpg

Oh man that is sweet, I am getting amped up for this one!

Tarlam!
10-04-2009, 12:02 AM
Please have some generosity with me on Tuesday morning. It will be 2am when the Game starts for me and I expect you people to have some understanding when I post crap.

MJZiggy
10-04-2009, 07:02 AM
Bretsky and Brady James will be in front of the Big Screen :!:

Pack 27
Vikes 23

Awwww...teaching him to curse at this tender age...

Fritz
10-04-2009, 07:54 AM
Please have some generosity with me on Tuesday morning. It will be 2am when the Game starts for me and I expect you people to have some understanding when I post crap.

I am always forgiving of game-day thread posts. The game day thread is the right-now reaction to each play and as fans we get emotional.

I've fired Mike McCarthy four times on game day threads.

My record, though, is Shermy. He was fired eight times in a row after 4th and 26.

I have cut Donald Driver after dropped passes.

However, on the subsequent play and a great catch, I have nominated him for the Packers' Hall of Fame.

It's the nature of game day threads.

pbmax
10-04-2009, 08:58 AM
That's dedication Tar. I would have to sleep before the game to get up at 2 AM. The Game Day thread should be a safe haven for lunatics and fanatics. Its only when the emotion spills over to four new threads do things get out of hand.

Kiwon
10-04-2009, 09:00 AM
Wow, early game day thread. That's a lot of cyber tail-gating before kick-off.

That said, most "experts" predict the Vikes to win, a few pick the Pack.

This is the biggest game since Farve threw his last INT at Lambeau.

If the Packers could win.......... it would be AWESOME on so many levels.

Here's hoping the Packers can play above themselves and Farve has another 6 INT game like he did in St. Louis. :)

red
10-04-2009, 09:00 AM
o-line has to play the game of their young lives

and we have to try and slow down ap, somehow

and when the old bastard makes one of his patented mistakes, we have to take advantage of them (td's not field goals)

Fritz
10-04-2009, 09:14 AM
Couple of random thoughts:

If the "Big Okie" package doesn't work at all, I want to be the first to say that it should be called the "Big Jokey." I do hope it works, though. I'm wondering if a part of its use beyond stopping Jackson was to keep Martin's snaps limited as it sounds like he's still learning the D. Having him in there might've limited the options.

Secondly, when it's time to pressure Favre, I'm hoping it comes up the gut. Favre is the master of stepping up in the pocket when he feels outside pressure, so if the pressure comes up the middle and he does that throwing-while-falling-backward thing, that'd be good. But if the pressure's coming from the outside and he can step up, then it's trouble.

As Waldo has noted too, Favre's most successful throwing in the middle of the field. If the Pack can get some push up the middle he'll have less success zinging it into the middle of the field.

I think that Red is right that this o-line's going to need to play well. I'm concerned about Wells, actually - he still gets shoved around. Thus I am hoping for more runs to the edges, so the guards and tackles can use their athleticism and Wells need only to hold up the backside.

Rastak
10-04-2009, 09:19 AM
I'm thinking the Vikings might be putting in some dump offs to the flat for Peterson, Taylor and Harvin. All three of those guys are great in open space. If Green Bay blitzes like crazy I'd employ that tactic along with slants to Rice. He's big and has great hands.

Fritz
10-04-2009, 09:26 AM
I dunno, Ras - my guess (and of course it's a guess) is that Capers is going to design everything to slow Peterson down as much as he can. I'm not seeing a bunch of blitz-happy calls unless the Vikes get behind by more than ten or unless it's third and 8 or more - in which case some of them screens might work.

But I hope they don't.

Rastak
10-04-2009, 09:27 AM
I dunno, Ras - my guess (and of course it's a guess) is that Capers is going to design everything to slow Peterson down as much as he can. I'm not seeing a bunch of blitz-happy calls unless the Vikes get behind by more than ten or unless it's third and 8 or more - in which case some of them screens might work.

But I hope they don't.

I think they'll bring it against Favre, who is barely more mobile Frerotte last year...(he was a statue in the pcoket).

Rastak
10-04-2009, 09:36 AM
Scouts inc preview:

After breaking down film of both teams, Scouts Inc. offers 10 things to watch in this week's Packers-Vikings matchup.

1. The Packers must fill every gap on defense: When you watch the Minnesota run game, the thing that strikes you is how Adrian Peterson can change direction at the last second. Defenses are showing a lot of run blitzes versus the Vikings, but Peterson has a rare ability to press the hole and then bounce the play outside as he sees the hole fill. Green Bay must have great gap discipline and prevent Peterson from doing damage on cutback runs.

2. Green Bay must run: It is easy for the Packers to become a pass-happy group because they have so many weapons. To their credit, the Packers made a concerted effort to run the ball in Week 3. This is a lethal play-action passing game, and when there is the threat of the run, it really opens things up for Aaron Rodgers, especially versus a Minnesota defense that will attack the gaps when it reads the run.

3. Can the Packers' D hold up in the middle of the field? Green Bay has physical safeties who have a lot of responsibilities in run support in this game -- and both are less than 100 percent healthy. If they are forced to attack the inside to stop Peterson, Brett Favre should be able to make plays over the middle.

4. Packers need consistency on defense: The Packers have done an excellent job transitioning from a 4-3 to 3-4, and they are not playing as many tight man-to-man schemes as they did in the past. As good as the Packers are, they tend to make a couple mental errors in each game that lead to big passing plays. The Packers' D has also struggled to get off the field on third down.

5. Blitz pick-up key for Minnesota: Favre has been sacked nine times and hit on 19 occasions through three games, and defenses know that he is a stationary target. He plays behind a usually excellent run-blocking offensive line, but the line has struggled in one-on-one blocking situations, and it doesn't always seem to recognize where the blitzes are coming from. The Packers are not an all-out attack defense, but they can play some man schemes behind the blitz, and bringing pressure could also confuse the Vikings' blocking angles in the run game.

6. Which Vikings' D will show up? The Minnesota defense is usually terrific, but it is not playing at the top of its game right now -- in terms of run defense and contain. We don't see a lot of blitzes from the Vikings, but in the past they have really confused offensive blocking schemes with twists and stunts. The Packers' offensive line is really susceptible to active defensive fronts that will attack the gaps -- and if the Vikings do that in this game they will get excellent penetration.

7. Will the Vikings' D change up its zone looks? Minnesota is basically a Cover 2 defense that plays strong versus the run and doesn't give up a lot of big pass plays. However, the Vikings are not getting pressure by the guys up front (except DE Jared Allen), and that gives QBs good zones to exploit. San Francisco's Shaun Hill had a solid day versus this defense and Rodgers not only has more talent, but he also has more weapons at his disposal. This would be a good week for the Vikings to change up coverage looks with some combo schemes and maybe even some blitzes versus a suspect pass-blocking Green Bay offensive line.

8. Minnesota must stay balanced: The Vikings might be tempted to open up the passing game, but this is still a run-first offense with Peterson. The Vikings should use the run to set up the pass, and a lot of those passes should come off play-action. When Favre does pass, he should attack the middle of the field when Green Bay's safeties fill versus the run.

9. Minnesota must contain Rodgers: Rodgers has developed a scrambling element to his game and it will put added pressure on the Vikings' defense. Rodgers is a very effective deep passer, even off five-step drops, and he forces defensive backs to turn and run with his receivers. If the pass is not there, he can tuck the ball and run versus defenders who have their backs to the ball. He can scramble up the middle if the Vikings' defensive tackles rush wide and he is also a threat to run wide if the defensive ends don't play contain. Discipline is important for the Minnesota defense.

10. Key matchup: Green Bay LT Daryn Colledge vs. Allen: Colledge is a guard by trade, and his quickness and athleticism on an island could be a real problem versus the tenacious Allen, who has excellent quickness and an array of pass-rush moves. It's difficult to see how Green Bay can get away with not helping Colledge in pass protection with a tight end or back. If the Packers don't give Colledge help, Allen will dominate this matchup and Rodgers will get hit a lot from the backside. There's still a chance that Chad Clifton (ankle) could play, but with him being less than 100 percent, it's still a matchup that Allen should dominate.

They like Green Bay 21-17.

GrnBay007
10-04-2009, 09:51 AM

Probably should have waited until tonight. :oops:

Just excited about this game and hoping this thread can stick to straight discussion of the game without the riff-raff. :D

CaptainKickass
10-04-2009, 09:51 AM
-

Holy fucking shit Batman!

Call me pragmatic but:

Shouldn't the "Official Game Day thread" be started... ya know...on the day the actual game is played?

Maybe?

CaptainKickass
10-04-2009, 09:52 AM

Probably should have waited until tonight. :oops:

Just excited about this game and hoping this thread can stick to straight discussion of the game without the riff-raff. :D

The Captain forgives you, of course.

I'm abviously pumped for the game too. Otherwise I wouldn't be in this thread.

:)

Rastak
10-04-2009, 10:33 AM
ESPN's fantasy take on the Vikes vs Pack epic battle on Monday night....

Green Bay Packers
(2-1)
Minnesota Vikings
(3-0)

ANALYSIS: I know it's only Friday, but go ahead and begin your hyperventilating now. Brett Favre is playing the Green Bay Packers. Oh my God oh my God oh my God oh my God.

FANTASY UP: I'm fine with using Greg Jennings and Donald Driver, per usual. Jennings only got three targets last week, but made two of them count for huge plays, and Driver continues to be a stellar possession receiver with some longer speed, and looks like a pretty good bet to lead the Packers in targets. So why do I have a weird feeling about Aaron Rodgers this week? It's nothing to do with Favre, and it's really not Rodgers' fault. It's just that after three games of running for his life, I think he looks a little skittish. And with good reason: His offensive line is leaking, and left tackle Chad Clifton will be out again this week, meaning Daryn Colledge will start on Rodgers' blind side again. The St. Louis Rams got after Rodgers early, and he seemed to take off and run the moment a rusher got near him (for the game, he wound up with eight carries for 38 yards and a rushing score). The Minnesota Vikings are not the Rams. I daresay this is the best pass-rushing team the Packers have faced yet. I'm not down on Rodgers. But I "only" have him 10th among quarterbacks this week. … Adrian Peterson owners didn't like to see the Vikings finally decide to air it out late last week against a San Francisco 49ers defense that dared them to throw, but it had to happen. Peterson only had eight carries and one reception in the second half. Purple Jesus has three career 100-yard rushing days in four starts against the Pack, including a 192-yard effort against 'em last year. … Gotta say, I like the defenses here. I have the Vikings third and the Packers fifth. In past weeks, I've been skeptical about the hype the Vikings' corners get and how the Packers' linebackers would adjust to the 3-4. So far, though, so good. This figures to be an emotional, nasty game, so while you'll see some points scored, you should also see the requisite number of sacks, turnovers and big defensive plays.

FANTASY DOWN: Ryan Grant "runs hard" (as they say), but the lasting image I have of him from his stellar 2007 is making up-the-gut runs; quick, slicing moves to an interior hole that let him get upfield in a hurry. With this year's edition of the Packers' O-line, those runs just don't seem to be there. Instead, when Grant makes noise on the ground, it seems like it's to the outside. And even then, Grant's yards-per-carry average through three games is just 3.7, worse than the 3.9 that had fantasy owners yawning last year. The Vikes haven't allowed a rushing touchdown and completely stuffed Glen Coffee last week, so I don't have huge hopes for Grant. I think it'd be hard to sit him, since he's one of the few guys who can pretty much lock in 20 touches every week. But I don't think this matchup favors him. … Sidney Rice did his level best to further muddy the Vikings' receiver situation last week, taking one 30 yards for a score. Rice only has nine catches on 16 targets this year, but heck, Percy Harvin has 12 and 18 and Bernard Berrian has 17 and 10, so it's not like anyone here is setting the world ablaze. Of course, Harvin had to go and return a kickoff for a score, meaning he's got a touchdown in each game this season, but I'm going out on a limb and saying I don't think that pace is sustainable. This week, I have Berrian 27th and Harvin 30th, and Rice not ranked. But the problem is I just don't know who's getting the ball in a given week.

SkinBasket
10-04-2009, 05:05 PM
I'm steaming the ribs with champagne tonight to celebrate the win tomorrow.

MOBB DEEP
10-04-2009, 06:25 PM
LET'S GOOOOO.....!!!

mmmdk
10-04-2009, 07:18 PM
I still think the rematch at Lambeau is even more paramount but this is it; MNF at the Metro. Time to be heroes and claim that Packer win.

Waldo
10-04-2009, 07:28 PM
Not to be overlooked....

Monday will be the primary determining factor between whether DC gets LG money or LT money when he is extended (shortly).

Never count out a guy, saying that he will get "dominated", when he literally has 2+ million/year (upwards of 10M+ in career earning potential) riding on his performance in this game.

I still don't understand why every week those Scouts, Inc scouts say that DC isn't quick or athletic. Are we watching the same guy? DC is a little undersized and has relatively short arms, and doesn't have elite balance (feet); quickness and athleticism is by far his strong suit. Clifton is neither quick nor athletic, he has balance and length.

Rastak
10-04-2009, 07:33 PM
Not to be overlooked....

Monday will be the primary determining factor between whether DC gets LG money or LT money when he is extended (shortly).

Never count out a guy, saying that he will get "dominated", when he literally has 2+ million/year (upwards of 10M+ in career earning potential) riding on his performance in this game.

I still don't understand why every week those Scouts, Inc scouts say that DC isn't athletic. Are we watching the same guy? DC is a little undersized and has relatively short arms, and doesn't have elite balance (feet); athleticism is by far his strong suit.

It'll be interesting to see how he handles the noise....he'll need to be on top of his game. I can assure you I won't be able to speak following the game due to non-stop screaming when the Packers have the ball.

He does have plenty of motivation. Does he have enough preparation and composure? We'll find out tomorrow night!

pbmax
10-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Not to be overlooked....

I still don't understand why every week those Scouts, Inc scouts say that DC isn't quick or athletic. Are we watching the same guy? DC is a little undersized and has relatively short arms, and doesn't have elite balance (feet); quickness and athleticism is by far his strong suit. Clifton is neither quick nor athletic, he has balance and length.
#10 says he is quick and athletic and this could cause Allen problems. They then conclude that Allen will dominate unless Colledge gets help. Its like a weather forecast of Partly Cloudy. It covers everything without predicting anything.

Rastak
10-04-2009, 07:38 PM
Not to be overlooked....

#10 says he is quick and athletic and this could cause Allen problems. They then conclude that Allen will dominate unless Colledge gets help. Its like a weather forecast of Partly Cloudy. It covers everything without predicting anything.

One good thing about Allen (from my perspective) is he has both speed and bull rush ability.

Scott Campbell
10-04-2009, 08:03 PM
It'll be interesting to see how he handles the noise....

The fake piped in noise, or the real crowd noise?

Deputy Nutz
10-04-2009, 08:35 PM

I snuck into your house and pissed all over your ribs while you putting your kids to bed

Deputy Nutz
10-04-2009, 08:35 PM

You gotta go with the fake noise

SkinBasket
10-04-2009, 08:45 PM

I snuck into your house and pissed all over your ribs while you putting your kids to bed

They were already in the grill. And I have that boobie trapped. And you're a total boob.

Deputy Nutz
10-04-2009, 08:48 PM

They were already in the grill. And I have that boobie trapped. And you're a total boob.

No I peed on them and took a shit in your kid's playhouse that is structurally unsound.

Rastak
10-04-2009, 08:49 PM

You gotta go with the fake noise

NFL put a stop to that. My fucking teeth would rattle back then. I am not kidding.

Scott Campbell
10-04-2009, 08:49 PM

No I peed on them and took a shit in your kid's playhouse that is structurally unsound.

Can't your Dad's bathroom handle one of your dumps?

SkinBasket
10-04-2009, 08:52 PM

Strawman.

Deputy Nutz
10-04-2009, 09:01 PM
Here is the deal, I need Jennings to have a big night tomorrow night. I am hoping for a big win tomorrow night for a certain player, but I need a win/win situation.

Vikings 31
Packers 16

Willard
10-04-2009, 09:14 PM
Longwell connects to tie game at 27 with 94 seconds to play.
ARod hits Finley twice on final drive before MM gets all conservative, and runs up the middle 3 straight plays, leaving Crosby a 47 yarder to win it. He misses wide left. OT, Favre calls Tails, Queens gets the ball, then things go all Deju Vu....Al Harris -- sprinting along the side line, arm raised with trophy ball for all to see....pick....six.

Pack 33
queens 27

I saw this vision while in a flu-medicine induced semi-coma this afternoon, so I am pretty sure it is going to happen.

Fosco33
10-04-2009, 09:15 PM
Anytime you play a solid Viking or Bear team on the road, you can't expect a W. Flip the stadiums and your expectations also change.

I wouldn't call this one the game of the century though - Brent @ Lambeau vs. the Pack seems a bigger emotional game for the fans and a much bigger expectation for a W for the good guys.

For the Pack to find a way to win, it comes down to strategy to protect ARod (designed rollouts, keeping extra blockers that can also be the checkdown, etc.) and limit AD (if that's possible - not sure how effective spies are vs Peterson). We'll need a little luck and maybe a favorable call or 3. I'm hoping Brent throws his standard 3-4 possible picks (leading to 1-2 INTs) and that the cooler headed QB will be victorious.

I expect it to be close and be decided by the Defense in the 4th Q - with the Vikes on the favorable side by +4 at 70%.

Deputy Nutz
10-04-2009, 09:17 PM
Longwell connects to tie game at 27 with 94 seconds to play.
ARod hits Finley twice on final drive before MM gets all conservative, and runs up the middle 3 straight plays, leaving Crosby a 47 yarder to win it. He misses wide left. OT, Favre calls Tails, Queens gets the ball, then things go all Deju Vu....Al Harris -- sprinting along the side line, arm raised with trophy ball for all to see....pick....six.

Pack 33
queens 27

I saw this vision while in a flu-medicine induced semi-coma this afternoon, so I am pretty sure it is going to happen.

God damn flu medication. You are going to be right. Pisses me off.

Fosco33
10-04-2009, 09:24 PM
Fair question and not trying to be a prick...

Can you be a Packer fan (now or in the future) if you cheer for Favre (against the Pack) in this game? If you wanted to cheer for him (or the Vikes) outside these games, I'd still be puzzled but can see some baring...

To each is own, but the Pack will be around presumably until the NFL ends or an asteroid hits the earth... I couldn't look myself in the mirror knowing I ever cheered against them.

It'd be like cheering for Benedict Arnold and then celebrating the 4th of July years later...

Partial
10-04-2009, 09:26 PM
I guess I've never really been a fan of a specific team. I typically cheer for whatever team is losing. I'm in it to be entertained.

When I'm at a sporting event in person, I tend to get extremely into it and rowdy and then I will cheer for the home team no matter what.

SkinBasket
10-04-2009, 09:31 PM
then I will cheer for the home team no matter what.

I thought you were patently anti-homer? I don't know what patently means, but it sounded good.

Partial
10-04-2009, 09:32 PM
then I will cheer for the home team no matter what.

I thought you were patently anti-homer? I don't know what patently means, but it sounded good.

When you're at a game it's fun to get caught up in the moment. Lambeau is pretty calm and it doesn't have that overwhelming effect, but take Madison for example, it's impossible to be in the student section and not get caught up and scream your head off for the Badgers.

MJZiggy
10-04-2009, 09:34 PM

Can you be a Packer fan (now or in the future) if you cheer for Favre (against the Pack) in this game? If you wanted to cheer for him (or the Vikes) outside these games, I'd still be puzzled but can see some baring...

To each is own, but the Pack will be around presumably until the NFL ends or an asteroid hits the earth... I couldn't look myself in the mirror knowing I ever cheered against them.

It'd be like cheering for Benedict Arnold and then celebrating the 4th of July years later... :clap:

pasquale
10-04-2009, 09:35 PM
Lambeau is pretty calm and it doesn't have that overwhelming effect

Huh? :shock:

You must have only gone to Gold games

Partial
10-04-2009, 09:38 PM

Maybe, I have no idea, I've only been there for PR games, but it is really quiet compared to a college stadium, which is obviously not a fair comparison but it's what I enjoy.

pasquale
10-04-2009, 09:39 PM

Maybe, I have no idea, I've only been there for PR games, but it is really quiet compared to a college stadium, which is obviously not a fair comparison but it's what I enjoy.

I understand your point when comparing to a college game, but I wouldn't call it calm. It's not like your watching a billards tournament on ESPN2.

bobblehead
10-04-2009, 09:41 PM
Not to be overlooked....

I used to like DC as a LT but recently I'm coming back to the opinion that he can be an elite LG, but merely avg. at LT. I hope for this game he gets his nasty on. I don't doubt he has the talent to contain Allen, but I just don't see the never quit mentality that allen has....come on Darren, get pissed!!

Freak Out
10-05-2009, 12:59 AM
Not to be overlooked....

I used to like DC as a LT but recently I'm coming back to the opinion that he can be an elite LG, but merely avg. at LT. I hope for this game he gets his nasty on. I don't doubt he has the talent to contain Allen, but I just don't see the never quit mentality that allen has....come on Darren, get pissed!!

If Allen works him all night not only is his future looking a little bleaker but Rodgers future might be as well. :) That's a big battle Monday night.

HarveyWallbangers
10-05-2009, 01:14 AM

I believe the Atlanta game was a Gold game, and that was probably the most quiet I've heard Lambeau. I was disappointed in the fans for that game.

ND72
10-05-2009, 08:25 AM
Enjoy the game tonight! I have it DVR'd....today is the first day of homecoming, and I am a Student Council advisory....which means 7pm Homecoming court Corination, 8:30pm Bonfire, 10:30 get home....yeah, I'm happy.

PaCkFan_n_MD
10-05-2009, 08:31 AM
I think we are losing big time tonight. I say Favre plays light out.

Vikings 34
Packers 17

pbmax
10-05-2009, 09:01 AM
Enjoy the game tonight! I have it DVR'd....today is the first day of homecoming, and I am a Student Council advisory....which means 7pm Homecoming court Corination, 8:30pm Bonfire, 10:30 get home....yeah, I'm happy.
A bonfire on a Monday? How do you keep that thing burning all week? :lol:

ThunderDan
10-05-2009, 09:05 AM

I believe the Atlanta game was a Gold game, and that was probably the most quiet I've heard Lambeau. I was disappointed in the fans for that game.

If you are talking 2008 it was not a Gold game.

The Gold regular season games were Dallas and Chicago.

Deputy Nutz
10-05-2009, 09:13 AM

It'd be like cheering for Benedict Arnold and then celebrating the 4th of July years later...

This is a very good question one that I have answered in several threads. I am done being a Packer Homer, a rabid fan, what ever you want to call it. I will still follow the Packers and when they win, great. If they lose I have removed the fan side of me and can look at it a little more analytical, meaning I can move on with my life. My week was ruined after a lose until Thursday, at the very least. Not anymore.

Me and Cleft Crusty have a lot in common.

Sparkey
10-05-2009, 10:06 AM

Playhouse ? I thought he was a beekeeper.

Benadryl should help with the inflamation. A do-nut might help while sitting.

SkinBasket
10-05-2009, 10:07 AM
This is a very good question one that I have answered in several threads. I am done being a Packer Homer, a rabid fan, what ever you want to call it. I will still follow the Packers and when they win, great. If they lose I have removed the fan side of me and can look at it a little more analytical, meaning I can move on with my life. My week was ruined after a lose until Thursday, at the very least. Not anymore.

This actually happened to me after Reggie left. I guess that means I was a bigger fan of White than Favre. Or maybe that's when Favre started declining from his pinnacle and I wanted to emotionally separate myself from the imperfect hero who had embodied the most exciting, dramatic, kick-ass football I'd ever watched.

Either way, I stopped attaching my feelings to the fortunes of the team around then and while it's made weekdays much easier on the whole, I do miss the added excitement that came with watching the games and being so wrapped up in them. Now, however, I'm free to enjoy football while simultaneously photoshopping the faces of my ex-heros on various body parts - to the world's benefit.

cheesner
10-05-2009, 12:06 PM
Packers need to get up early, putting Brent into a position where he feels he needs to make things happen. The Vikes have started slowly their first 3 games and were losing at half time in at least 2 of their games. Unfortunately the Pack has started slow also. The vikings, although undefeated, have not looked exactly dominant. I don't think they are as great as some are saying - though they are a very good team.

The Packer defense will play excellent. They played very well vrs the Bears. They played poorly vrs CInci and pretty good vrs St. Louis (though the Rams stink and it is tough to get a read on that game). I think the Cinci game was the statistical outlier. The defense will be very fired up. I think MM knowing Brent is a much bigger advantage than Brent knowing our defensive players.

THe Packers need to offensively concentrate on the short/med passing game. Run ocassionally with outside zone runs at Allen. Don't expect a lot of success early, but by the 4th the williams wall will be weakened. AR needs to do quick reads and react quickly to any blitz. Throw it away if it isn't there. The Minny secondary is its weakness and needs to be exploited early. AR needs to not take any sacks. I am thinking the OL does better than most are expecting.

Overall, the Packers do win 31-23 - Brent has a poor game.

BEST CASE SCENARIO

Brett throws 4 picks (all returned for TDs) on his first 4 passes. Chilly is furious and yanks him. Brett leaves the field to the PACKER locker room. Pack wins 47-10. That evening BF, TT, and MM (all smiling and standing shoulder to shoulder) hold a joint press conference where TT explains that Brett wanted to retire, but still wanted to stick it to the Vikings one last time. Fans opinion of Brett not only returns to pre-NYJ days, but soars to new heights. A bronze statue of Brett is immediately cast and placed next to Lombardi's the next day.

swede
10-05-2009, 12:56 PM
The Vikes have started slowly their first 3 games and were losing at half time in at least 2 of their games. Unfortunately the Pack has started slow also.

Sounds like those weird Olympic bicycle races where two riders tried to go as slow as possible in order to get an advantage.

My team can play WAY slower to start the game than YOURS, Ras!

Freak Out
10-05-2009, 12:57 PM

This actually happened to me after Reggie left. I guess that means I was a bigger fan of White than Favre. Or maybe that's when Favre started declining from his pinnacle and I wanted to emotionally separate myself from the imperfect hero who had embodied the most exciting, dramatic, kick-ass football I'd ever watched.

Either way, I stopped attaching my feelings to the fortunes of the team around then and while it's made weekdays much easier on the whole, I do miss the added excitement that came with watching the games and being so wrapped up in them. Now, however, I'm free to enjoy football while simultaneously photoshopping the faces of my ex-heros on various body parts - to the world's benefit.

Our feelings in regards to the success of the team perhaps will revert back to rabid mode after sucking for a decade or three. :?:

Fritz
10-05-2009, 01:20 PM
I have developed the ability to enjoy and celebrate a Packer win and let the good mood carry me the rest of the week, while a Packer loss makes me turn off the football spigot - I won't watch it for a while and will turn my attention to other things in life. It's just that I can't stand turning the losses over and getting all worked up, so I just shut that part of me down to avoid the hurt.

A very typically male quality, I think.

But hey, it's working for me.

mission
10-05-2009, 02:34 PM
Packers need to get up early, putting Brent into a position where he feels he needs to make things happen. The Vikes have started slowly their first 3 games and were losing at half time in at least 2 of their games. Unfortunately the Pack has started slow also. The vikings, although undefeated, have not looked exactly dominant. I don't think they are as great as some are saying - though they are a very good team.

The Packer defense will play excellent. They played very well vrs the Bears. They played poorly vrs CInci and pretty good vrs St. Louis (though the Rams stink and it is tough to get a read on that game). I think the Cinci game was the statistical outlier. The defense will be very fired up. I think MM knowing Brent is a much bigger advantage than Brent knowing our defensive players.

THe Packers need to offensively concentrate on the short/med passing game. Run ocassionally with outside zone runs at Allen. Don't expect a lot of success early, but by the 4th the williams wall will be weakened. AR needs to do quick reads and react quickly to any blitz. Throw it away if it isn't there. The Minny secondary is its weakness and needs to be exploited early. AR needs to not take any sacks. I am thinking the OL does better than most are expecting.

Overall, the Packers do win 31-23 - Brent has a poor game.

BEST CASE SCENARIO

Brett throws 4 picks (all returned for TDs) on his first 4 passes. Chilly is furious and yanks him. Brett leaves the field to the PACKER locker room. Pack wins 47-10. That evening BF, TT, and MM (all smiling and standing shoulder to shoulder) hold a joint press conference where TT explains that Brett wanted to retire, but still wanted to stick it to the Vikings one last time. Fans opinion of Brett not only returns to pre-NYJ days, but soars to new heights. A bronze statue of Brett is immediately cast and placed next to Lombardi's the next day.

Good post all around... I find myself aligning with your general thinking more than any others. It will take a strong game tonight, but I think we can expect the boys to come to play in this situation. 31-23 sounds good to me.

The best case scenario there is PackerRats Gold. Oh how that'd be great! :lol: :lol:

mission
10-05-2009, 02:35 PM
I have developed the ability to enjoy and celebrate a Packer win and let the good mood carry me the rest of the week, while a Packer loss makes me turn off the football spigot - I won't watch it for a while and will turn my attention to other things in life. It's just that I can't stand turning the losses over and getting all worked up, so I just shut that part of me down to avoid the hurt.

You and me both... my post count fluctuates with the success of our team. :lol:

gex
10-05-2009, 03:56 PM
NFL Primetime is real fun to watch tonight, they just compared tonight to when Montana faced off against the 49ers and how badly he wanted to beat them(he did). And how McCarthy was an offensive assistant on that 49ers team. MM has been thru this whole"letting the legend go for the younger guy" before lol

pbmax
10-05-2009, 04:00 PM
NFL Primetime is real fun to watch tonight, they just compared tonight to when Montana faced off against the 49ers and how badly he wanted to beat them(he did). And how McCarthy was an offensive assistant on that 49ers team. MM has been thru this whole"letting the legend go for the younger guy" before lol
McCarthy was an assistant for the Chiefs in that game, I believe.

pbmax
10-05-2009, 04:02 PM

Funny how no one is admitting they are playing to go cpk on the site in case of a loss :lol:

Rastak
10-05-2009, 04:05 PM
Ok guys, getting ready to head out for the game.

Enjoy the game everyone. It will likely be a barnburner. If the Vikings win I'll see you all after the game here, otherwise I may just cry myself to sleep. :wink:

Oh, I'll stop by in either case.

I like the Vikings in this one if they don't get fancy with the downfield passing. Run the damn ball.......early and often with some screens and slants.

Enjoy the game everyone!

Partial
10-05-2009, 04:13 PM
I really hope the Pack have a big game and ARod proves himself on the national stage to be the real deal. Beating the man is a key step in being the man, according to Rick Flair anyway.

That said, I got class tonight so no game for me until 8:30ish. Weak sauce. Then I've gotta keep work on continuing to refactor all of this damn code during the game so I meet a deadline at work by Wed.

Bossman641
10-05-2009, 04:16 PM
I really hope the Pack have a big game and ARod proves himself on the national stage to be the real deal. Beating the man is a key step in being the man, according to Rick Flair anyway.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Gotta love a Ric Flair quote. I hope MM has a better pep talk prepared though.

gex
10-05-2009, 04:24 PM
McCarthy was an assistant for the Chiefs in that game, I believe.

Yup, your right. :oops:

wist43
10-05-2009, 04:29 PM
Ok guys, getting ready to head out for the game.

Enjoy the game everyone. It will likely be a barnburner. If the Vikings win I'll see you all after the game here, otherwise I may just cry myself to sleep. :wink:

Oh, I'll stop by in either case.

I like the Vikings in this one if they don't get fancy with the downfield passing. Run the damn ball.......early and often with some screens and slants.

Enjoy the game everyone!

I'll be in bed by halftime... alarm comes too early :(

I agree with you... if the Vikings stick to the run, I'd be surprised if the Packers can hang in this one... but, that's why they play the games :D

retailguy
10-05-2009, 04:31 PM
Funny how no one is admitting they are playing to go cpk on the site in case of a loss :lol:

Man, don't miss that at all. That guy was abrasive even when he agreed with you.

Bossman641
10-05-2009, 04:34 PM

Man, don't miss that at all. That guy was abrasive even when he agreed with you.

I agree, you asshole! :D

red
10-05-2009, 04:51 PM
BLAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i don't even want to watch this game

:wait:

channtheman
10-05-2009, 05:02 PM
BLAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i don't even want to watch this game

:wait:

The hype for this game is incredible. Every other second on ESPN they are going back to show something about the game.

falco
10-05-2009, 05:33 PM

I was going to propose that we bring CPK back to start the game thread.

imscott72
10-05-2009, 05:36 PM
This is a big game, but not the most important game. Let's keep in mind it's only the 4th game of the season. Sure going down 2 games to the Vikings would suck, but certainly not the end of the world. I'm actually ok if we lose this game as long as we hold serve at Lambeau. I really don't want to see Favre have a big game either, but it's not really him I'm worried about. Let's keep Arod safe and at least play hard and maybe we can pull this out. Go Pack.

imscott72
10-05-2009, 05:36 PM

I was going to propose that we bring CPK back to start the game thread.

What happened to him? Was he shown the door?

falco
10-05-2009, 05:37 PM
This is a big game, but not the most important game. Let's keep in mind it's only the 4th game of the season. Sure going down 2 games to the Vikings would suck, but certainly not the end of the world. I'm actually ok if we lose this game as long as we hold serve at Lambeau. I really don't want to see Favre have a big game either, but it's not really him I'm worried about. Let's keep Arod safe and at least play hard and maybe we can pull this out. Go Pack.

tsk tsk already making excuses for the packers

:lol:

imscott72
10-05-2009, 05:44 PM

tsk tsk already making excuses for the packers

:lol:

Nah not trying to make excuses, but just being a realist I guess.

falco
10-05-2009, 05:46 PM

That's not what I heard:

I have already heard a number of Packer fans on this board claim that this game is not that important, it is an early season game, bla bla bla. Nice way to set up a Packer loss.

retailguy
10-05-2009, 05:50 PM

Fuck you, you favre lovin piece of crap! :lol:

mraynrand
10-05-2009, 06:00 PM

Fuck you, you favre lovin piece of crap! :lol:

I hope someone takes a sledge hammer to your turgid red glass torso.

Fosco33
10-05-2009, 06:53 PM

Fair enough - and not directed at you particularly. Maybe in a few years you'll go back to a rabid fan - once all the unneeded drama settles down.

MJZiggy
10-05-2009, 06:55 PM
7:54 and the satellite guy is back on the roof. I swear to all that is holy at 8:30 I'm leaving him here and going to the bar.

Fosco33
10-05-2009, 06:56 PM
7:54 and the satellite guy is back on the roof. I swear to all that is holy at 8:30 I'm leaving him here and going to the bar.

Seriously! I'd get on the road now!!

red
10-05-2009, 06:57 PM

fuck him

at 8:30 kick over the ladder and jump in your car

MJZiggy
10-05-2009, 06:57 PM
The closest sports bar is 2 minutes away. And if I drink too much I can walk home. 8-)

Fosco33
10-05-2009, 07:01 PM
The closest sports bar is 2 minutes away. And if I drink too much I can walk home. 8-)

Then go now, drive back at halftime and keep on drinking.

red
10-05-2009, 07:01 PM

Fair enough - and not directed at you particularly. Maybe in a few years you'll go back to a rabid fan - once all the unneeded drama settles down.

this is where we separate the real packer fans, from the ones that joined up in the 90's and 00's

its gonna be rough, and i love favre and hate how it ended in gb. but i hope to god he gets burried tonight and throws a pick-6 or 2 toninght

Jimx29
10-05-2009, 07:03 PM
WTH is with the nearly black helmets the queens are wearing??

red
10-05-2009, 07:04 PM
WTH is with the nearly black helmets the queens are wearing??

i guess they're throwbacks

but ones they've never worn

CaptainKickass
10-05-2009, 07:05 PM
(Inserts gratuitous, spit flingin', roar of a belch here)

red
10-05-2009, 07:07 PM
START THE FUCKING GAME

lets get this abortion of a scenario over with

imscott72
10-05-2009, 07:07 PM

That's not what I heard:

I have already heard a number of Packer fans on this board claim that this game is not that important, it is an early season game, bla bla bla. Nice way to set up a Packer loss.

Ha, I didn't see Nutz post that. Oh well, not trying to set up a loss, but I'm also a glass half full guy if we lose. I'm not putting all my eggs in a one game basket if you will.

Fosco33
10-05-2009, 07:08 PM

this is where we separate the real packer fans, from the ones that joined up in the 90's and 00's

its gonna be rough, and i love favre and hate how it ended in gb. but i hope to god he gets burried tonight and throws a pick-6 or 2 toninght

you and me both... and I can't wait to play the 40 yr old in a month.

Bretsky
10-05-2009, 07:10 PM

This is how I kind of picture myself. I'm a hard Packer fan, but keep the ability to analyze where they are falling short of success.

falco
damn, breaking news - woodson says rodgers is the best QB in the league when he has time to throw

also, earlier they broke the news that rodgers dreamed of playing on monday nights when he was young

Fosco33
So who's in/out?

I hear Clifton is out.

SMACKTALKIE
Packer Rats,

Here's to a fun, clean, well officiated, injury free game.

Cheers. :glug:

falco
10-05-2009, 07:11 PM
this is why favre came back...

revenge baby

mmmdk
10-05-2009, 07:12 PM
Guess a movie by this quote; based on the inevitable outcome of Packers at Vikings game:

That's it man, game over man, game over! What the fuck are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do?

Bretsky
10-05-2009, 07:13 PM
damn, breaking news - woodson says rodgers is the best QB in the league when he has time to throw

also, earlier they broke the news that rodgers dreamed of playing on monday nights when he was young

so you are saying never ? :lol:

red
So who's in/out?

I hear Clifton is out.

i saw bigby standing behind the espn crew looking like an idiot and in street clothes

guess he's out

Fosco33
Eli with plantar fasciitis -- damn that hurts. Happened to me my sr year in college playing bball at the SERF. Fuck that hurt. I had no health insurance (just graduated, waiting for work to start)> Had to self medicate. :smk:

falco
10-05-2009, 07:14 PM

so you are saying never ? :lol:

don't you are exaggerating? we seem t get good protection 2 or 3 plays a game :lol: :lol:

Fosco33
Guess a movie by this quote; based on the inevitable outcome of Packers at Vikings game:

That's it man, game over man, game over! What the fuck are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do?

Aliens?

mmmdk
Packer Rats,

Here's to a fun, clean, well officiated, injury free game.

Cheers. :glug:

Are you talking on-line or on-the-field injury free game?

Break his legs, Packers D :twisted:

MJZiggy
10-05-2009, 07:15 PM
8:14 and I have satellite!!!

Dude rewired the whole house with a double line and replaced the dish. He said if it happens again, he'll replace the receiver too! WooooHoooooo!!!!

mmmdk
10-05-2009, 07:15 PM

Aliens?

:pack: :bclap: Yup!

esoxx
10-05-2009, 07:16 PM

This is how I kind of picture myself. I'm a hard Packer fan, but keep the ability to analyze where they are falling short of success.

Hey B, you got a Levitra hangover or something. :lol:

Enjoy the game!!

Fosco33
10-05-2009, 07:17 PM
Packers declared LT Chad Clifton, SS Atari Bigby, RB Brandon Jackson, CB Brandon Underwood, FB Quinn Johnson, OT Breno Giacomini, DE Michael Montgomery, and OLB Jeremy Thompson inactive for Monday night's game.

falco
10-05-2009, 07:19 PM
eerily quiet here

MichiganPackerFan
10-05-2009, 07:20 PM
ive got a case of pregame jitters!!!

mmmdk
10-05-2009, 07:21 PM
Packers declared LT Chad Clifton, SS Atari Bigby, RB Brandon Jackson, CB Brandon Underwood, FB Quinn Johnson, OT Breno Giacomini, DE Michael Montgomery, and OLB Jeremy Thompson inactive for Monday night's game.

No surprise here, although, why is Quinn not breaking into the gameday roster? That guy can block...but not catch..is that why?

mmmdk
10-05-2009, 07:22 PM
eerily quiet here

Pee time!

esoxx
10-05-2009, 07:23 PM
As Al Bundy was known to say:

"Let's Rock"

red
10-05-2009, 07:24 PM

ditto

woodbuck27
10-05-2009, 07:24 PM

Seriously! I'd get on the road now!!

You have slightly more than 15 minutes MJ. Run don't walk (after you seckh your iguana on the TV guy).

This is a huge game for both teams. The key will be for the Packers to play their best 'D' of the season. I mean shutdown the Viking offense. Forget about revenge factor and pride. This game is an important win for both the Packers and Vikings. If their Packers lose it their in a deep hole with the Vikings and Bears above them in the NFCN.

Alot of the pressure will be on Aaron Rodgers and he needs o play within himself. He has the weapons to win. Favre is in his element on Monday Night Football. The last five games in the Metrodome as a Packer he had a QB rating above 100. He passed for 12 TD's and was on the winning side four times. He is ready, cool, calm and collected.

We can bring up all the past and too much emotion but when the analysis comes down to the truth. The Packers have to stop Adrian Peterson and Brett Favre to win.

Watch for Aaron Rodgers to Greg Jennings and Donald Driver.

GO PACKERS!

red
10-05-2009, 07:26 PM
that miller lite commercial was one of the worst i've ever seen

pasquale
10-05-2009, 07:26 PM

ditto

I'm wearing adult diapers

woodbuck27
10-05-2009, 07:28 PM

ESPN reported that Charles Woodson said:

Brett Favre is the best QB in the NFL when he has time to throw.

imscott72
10-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Just a few minutes away now. Nervousness is starting to set in..

Fosco33
10-05-2009, 07:29 PM
You know Favre has the jitters. I hope (as I always do) that the Pack starts on D.

How awesome would it be to see Favre throw a pick on the first series?

sheepshead
10-05-2009, 07:30 PM
I am officially sick of Favre's version of his soap opera. STFU already.

woodbuck27
10-05-2009, 07:30 PM
All of the TSN analysts pick the Vikings to win this big game.

" Brett Favre didn't come all this way to lose ". The mod

mmmdk
10-05-2009, 07:31 PM

Bad omen! P. Manning better etc.! Bad chuck! :shock:

red
10-05-2009, 07:31 PM
this might be the most nervous i've been since the super bowl against the broncos

i don't like this, one bit

CaptainKickass
10-05-2009, 07:32 PM
Turn UP your pc speakers first.

Then try this:

http://www.audiosparx.com/sa/archive/Humans/Belch-sounds/Wet-belch/1283

Fosco33
10-05-2009, 07:33 PM
Brent dropping a warm up pass... yeah, he's cool, calm and collected - like a serial killer 8-)

imscott72
this might be the most nervous i've been since the super bowl against the broncos

Oh man me too..Stomach is in all kind of knots..

red
a-rod says he's playing with a chip on his shoulder

awesome

mmmdk
10-05-2009, 07:34 PM

C'mon, NFC championship vs NY Giants I was way more nervous.

We all want Favre to die...ehm...lose :lol: but it's just a regular season game in week four...who am I kiddin'! :wink:

falco
10-05-2009, 07:35 PM

you sure?

Bretsky
10-05-2009, 07:35 PM

Hey B, you got a Levitra hangover or something. :lol:

Enjoy the game!!

4 hours dude; 4 hours :lol:

mmmdk
10-05-2009, 07:36 PM
a-rod says he's playing with a chip on his shoulder

awesome

...a chipmunk?

MOBB DEEP
10-05-2009, 07:36 PM
are u bastards ready???!!

denverYooper
10-05-2009, 07:37 PM
WHOOOOO! GO PACK GO!

red

nope

but i might be drunk enough for this

Fosco33
Please, please, please start on Defense.

imscott72
10-05-2009, 07:38 PM
Start the fucking game already. My God they're gonna bury us with commercials tonight..

mmmdk
10-05-2009, 07:38 PM

Muad'Dib

Gunakor
10-05-2009, 07:39 PM
I guess it's time...

This is one of the saddest moments in the history of the franchise. We better fucking win this game.

red
10-05-2009, 07:40 PM
I DON"T CARE ABOUT THIS DUMB FUCKING SONG, OR THIS IDIOT FUCKING DRUNK SINGING IT

STAR THE GOD DAMN GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOBB DEEP

Muad'Dib

lol

mmmdk
...going to watch now...we're always 1 or 2 plays behind...time delay or something.

GG :pack:

denverYooper

nope

but i might be drunk enough for this

word.

falco
I guess it's time...

This is one of the saddest moments in the history of the franchise. We better fucking win this game.

nahh, its our proudest.

woodbuck27
10-05-2009, 07:41 PM
I just checked the Pro Pickum and 15 Packerrats of 27 remaining in the mix went Packers with their analysis but most only bid 1-3 CP's.

Six of the 12 that went Vikings bid at least seven CP's.

MOBB DEEP
I guess it's time...

how long u been pack fan gun

red
come on a-rod, light it up tonight

Bretsky
AROD

WIN THIS GAME

imscott72
game on fuckers!! GO PACK

woodbuck27
10-05-2009, 07:42 PM
Here we go. Enjoy the game. :D

Packers!

Gunakor
The least ESPN could do is edit out the goddamn horn that plays every single time teh ball is snapped...

Gunakor
I guess it's time...

how long u been pack fan gun

Jim Zorn was our quarterback.

Lurker64
10-05-2009, 07:43 PM
Hey look, a run on first down for little to no gain!

At least it's not a three and out.

falco
mm neglecting the screen :roll:

red
OMG, a screen?

Brandon494
omg a screen pass

gbgary
run on first down...no surprise there but a screen...now that was a surprise.

MOBB DEEP
wats w/white socks on grant?

Guiness
10-05-2009, 07:44 PM
Looks like they're trying to streeetch that D, and make the line run laterally

Bretsky
WHOLLY SHIT A SCREEN P

red
alright, thats enough trying to run

play action up top

Gunakor
10-05-2009, 07:45 PM

play action up top

play action doesn't work if you don't try to run

Brandon494
another screen! :shock:

Lurker64
The gameplan at least looks to be reasonable at this point.

imscott72
keep goin with that screen..

red
christ, a-rod is getting rid of it quick

but he's still getting hit

Bretsky
10-05-2009, 07:46 PM
I swear MM reads Packerrats

Lots of screens and slants to get these guys off balance cause we can't block em unless they are off balance

MichiganPackerFan
nice athletic run by lee!!

Gunakor
Goddamn mental mistakes

imscott72
fucking Barbre

falco
our blocking is SHIT tonight again

Lurker64
What's with Edwards not hearing the whistle there? Dirty pool?

gbgary
two stupid penalties...dammit

Guiness
Looks like a friggen jailbreak blitz out there. No surprise at the false start penalty/flinch

red

play action up top

play action doesn't work if you don't try to run

we ran twice

thats enough

we just need them to think that we're thinking about maybe running the ball

woodbuck27
Good stuff. Two screen pass's but those OL penalty's hurt.

imscott72
10-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Jennings! lookin good!

Lurker64
Hey, we actually got out of one of those "we got 15 yards worth of penalties on this series" serieses.

gbgary
jennings involved early...great!!

Brandon494
COME ON DRIVER!

Bretsky
10-05-2009, 07:48 PM
nice draw play
gotta keep these guys off balance

Gunakor
10-05-2009, 07:48 PM
nice draw play
gotta keep these guys off balance

I liked that call as well

Brandon494
10-05-2009, 07:49 PM
LETS GO!!!!

Lurker64
Yay! Finally seeing what Finley can do.

red
JERMICHAEL FINLEY

bout time

Gunakor
What a great drive to open up this game.

imscott72
Arod fucking awesome right now..

Guiness
NICE route Finley, and great quick throw out of the shotgun

woodbuck27
ARod looks sharp.

Bretsky
I'm ahead by 99 points in the FFL League and my opponent has AROD and Driver playing

Gunakor
SOB

Brohm
Well way to fuck that drive up.

MOBB DEEP
DAYUM!

imscott72
10-05-2009, 07:50 PM
DAMMIT..Fucking O line..

red
mother fucking barbre and colledge

fucking worthless assholes

Lurker64
Goddamnit. Was that Barbre again?

Bretsky

Indecisive AROD strikes

woodbuck27
FUMBLE! ARod stripped.

Tough.

gbgary
dammit. moved the ball great though. how about a three and out!!

falco
both tackles whiffed

Brohm
2 penalties, a drop and finally a fumble. So close to a good start too ><

Fosco33
great play calling... gotta eat that sack

retailguy

both of them equally. barbre & colledge

falco
10-05-2009, 07:51 PM
viking de's just explode off the line

retailguy
10-05-2009, 07:52 PM
drive looked really really good until that last play.

red
viking de's just explode off the line

all the de's we've played against this year have just exploded off the line

Lurker64
People still go to the Brett Favre steakhouse? Why?

Bretsky
I heard of NFL Radio that Chucky use to have his QB's count to three and train them to get rid of the ball by then.

Our OL sucks; that one is on them
But AROD needs to practice that drill as well

LEWCWA

both of them equally. barbre & colledge

how bout arod holding on to the ball!!

Brohm
And a wasted challenge

Fosco33
m3 you r a fuctard 4 challenging that

gbgary
10-05-2009, 07:53 PM
why challenge that?

red
and then barbre just stands there with his dick in his ass instead of going after the ball

Guiness

Indecisive AROD strikes

Really think so? Allen was barely even slowed down.

Can't see what MM is possibly challenging here.

Bretsky
CHALLENGE ?

That was as clear as the Jerry Rice Fumble

DannoMac21
Is McCarthy retarded?

Fosco33
m3 sucks at challenges

Gunakor
10-05-2009, 07:54 PM
Is McCarthy retarded?

The guys in the booth are retarded. Even had a TV timeout to watch enough reviews to determine that it wasn't worth the challenge. MM should have never been allowed to throw that flag.

Bretsky
Not a good sign when ALL DAY is not touched for six yards

Lurker64
We're just no good at outside contain... I think that's Poppinga's responsibility there.

red
10-05-2009, 07:55 PM
Is McCarthy retarded?

jury is still out, but its looking like the case

Bretsky
nice play by Chillar

MichiganPackerFan
how was that NOT a hold on collins?

Fosco33
crappy spot

Lurker64
Well, they're not going to run the QB sneak here... Has Favre ran that play at any point in the last 8 years?

retailguy
crappy spot

yup

retailguy
10-05-2009, 07:56 PM
i hate that damn horn

Brandon494
10-05-2009, 07:56 PM
Favre is looking sharp so far :lol:

Fosco33
10-05-2009, 07:57 PM
i hate that stupid horn

Bretsky
he only got 4; it's a start

retailguy

good one.

Lurker64
At this rate, either Peterson or the entire defense will be dead by the third quarter.

Fosco33
let the game manager throw - to our guys :)

red

favre might not even have to throw a pass tonight for the queens to win

Partial
Peterson is mean. Who am I kidding? I can't not watch this game.

Who blew the block that led to the fumble? I was in transit at the time.

Bretsky
there is that slant to Driver we got used to

Fosco33
10-05-2009, 07:58 PM
i hate that damn horn

damn straight

Lurker64
Who blew the block that led to the fumble? I was in transit at the time.

Both Barbre and Colledge.

Gunakor
Thanks Brandon...

DannoMac21
What the fuck is Chillar doing

Brohm
Shit is stupid already 8 min into the game.