PDA

View Full Version : Packers to the superbowl

3irty1
10-04-2009, 11:18 AM
As already stated in like 50 other threads there is a ton of negativity surrounding the Packers by their fans right now. Most of this is due to the offensive line but also the soul crushing thought of playing the queens who most fans perceive to have a fantastic defensive line.

This is probably exactly how Steeler fans felt last year at this point. They just came off a depressing loss to the Eagles in which Big Ben was sacked 8 times. They were 2-1 with their only wins coming against the perennially shitty Texans and Browns. At this point last season they were starring down the barrel of MNF with the Baltimore Ravens who were undefeated (due in part to a cup-cake schedule.) They probably all dwelt on how the Baltimore Defense was the best they had faced yet and how they would undoubtedly kill Big Ben on national television.

See any parallels? The Steelers beat the Ravens in overtime, got their act together for the season, beat the ravens again, made it to the playoffs, beat the ravens yet again in the AFC championship, and went on the win the superbowl.

Many many teams struggle early only to overcome their problems and in the end are a much better team for it. The Packers are set up to be such a team. The Vikings are set up to get whooped 2 or even 3 times this year by the Pack and end their season covered in ice packs and tears, watching A-Rod hoist the Lombardi Trophy.

http://www.globalclimatescam.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/green-kool-aidman.jpg

GLUG GLUG GLUG GLUG GLUG GLUG GLUG GLUG GLUG GLUG GLUG GLUG GLUG

falco
10-04-2009, 11:40 AM
The Steelers in 06...
The Giants in 07...
The Cardinals last year...

All teams that struggled at one point or another in the season and made the big game.

Way too early to say much of anything right now.

Fritz
10-04-2009, 11:45 AM
Where was that Baltimore/Pitt gamed? At Pitt or Balt?

Pugger
10-04-2009, 01:17 PM
I found this little article yesterday about the situation in SF after they traded Montana to KC and then had to face Joe and the Chiefs that season. the 9ers lost that game but that didn't mean the end of the season for them. :D

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ajjqts4TV_rBsBxqHMiubog5nYcB?slug=ms-thegameface100209&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

bobblehead
10-04-2009, 02:03 PM
i LOVE the kool aid. Hope you are right, but atm it looks like ARod is going to get hit...a lot. I'm hoping our D puts it together and keeps us in the game so our kicker can NOT miss another game winner. Even better would be a blowout, but I don't want to be greedy.

3irty1
10-05-2009, 10:18 AM
Where was that Baltimore/Pitt gamed? At Pitt or Balt?

The Monday night game was at Pitt.

3irty1
10-05-2009, 10:24 AM
I found this little article yesterday about the situation in SF after they traded Montana to KC and then had to face Joe and the Chiefs that season. the 9ers lost that game but that didn't mean the end of the season for them. :D

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ajjqts4TV_rBsBxqHMiubog5nYcB?slug=ms-thegameface100209&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Good stuff. Thanks for posting.

What a positive thread this is. Happy Monday Packer fans.