PDA

View Full Version : Let the duel begin

Partial
10-04-2009, 11:08 PM
This was a really interesting read from JSO. I found some of the points to be very unfair, and others to be quite fair. Overall, I found it entertaining and worth reading. MM has some very interesting comments.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/63491387.html

Spaulding
10-05-2009, 09:26 AM
Good article, pretty objective. 7:30pm CDT can't come soon enough.

MichiganPackerFan
10-05-2009, 09:48 AM

Soooooo jealous. I have to wait until 8:30 :shock: :oops: :D

denverYooper
10-05-2009, 09:55 AM

Heh heh! 6:30 here, suckers! :) :)

GO PACKERS!

mission
10-05-2009, 10:05 AM
Yeah, 8:30 sucks ...

pbmax
10-05-2009, 10:07 AM

GO PACKERS!
Are you celebrating sunlight? :lol:
And Silverstein manages to write an entire article about QBs and shed no light on why and how QBs might become "winners".

ThunderDan
10-05-2009, 10:12 AM

I loved living in California. 8 pm MNF football games kicked-off at 6pm. Just enough time to get home order a pizza and breakout the 6 pack.

Sunday was even better. Packer games started at 10am. Game was over by 1pm and you could have a 1:45 tee-time and get 18 holes in the afternoon.

MichiganPackerFan
10-05-2009, 10:31 AM

I loved living in California. 8 pm MNF football games kicked-off at 6pm. Just enough time to get home order a pizza and breakout the 6 pack.

Sunday was even better. Packer games started at 10am. Game was over by 1pm and you could have a 1:45 tee-time and get 18 holes in the afternoon.

I tried watching a 9:00am game when I was out there visiting family. Surprisingly, I wasn't all that comfortable with being loaded by noon. Felt like I lost a lot of my day. On second thought, I guess that part wasn't bad: I could do that again for sure! What was horrible was losing three hours of sleep/recovery from hangover time.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-05-2009, 10:46 AM

It's good if you have Direct TV...but, seriously...who wants to hustle to the bar at 10? Ty likes it in AZ when it switches to 11.

Brutal though with back 2 back games...badgers at 9, pack at 10.

Though i do agree, nice to have the rest of the day available. Makes it easier to deal with chix also....still time to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time.

MadtownPacker
10-05-2009, 10:47 AM

Sunday was even better. Packer games started at 10am. Game was over by 1pm and you could have a 1:45 tee-time and get 18 holes in the afternoon.I like being able to wake up and watch Pack games at 10am. Just catch the pregame show and eat breakfast. Then fire one and it's on.

channtheman
10-05-2009, 11:07 AM

I only have to wait until 5:30! :lol:

denverYooper
10-05-2009, 11:20 AM

It's good if you have Direct TV...but, seriously...who wants to hustle to the bar at 10? Ty likes it in AZ when it switches to 11.

Though i do agree, nice to have the rest of the day available. Makes it easier to deal with chix also....still time to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time.

I told my wife I wouldn't drink tonight. Besides, I got a big day tomorrow. You guys have a great time.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-05-2009, 11:24 AM

I told my wife I wouldn't drink tonight. Besides, I got a big day tomorrow. You guys have a great time.

Maybe, after the game, you could have some dinner and pop in the Sisqo CD.

denverYooper
10-05-2009, 11:25 AM

GO PACKERS!
Are you celebrating sunlight? :lol:
And Silverstein manages to write an entire article about QBs and shed no light on why and how QBs might become "winners".

They have the "It". Apparently Favre has "It". Maybe the defense should just come at him with inhalers.

MichiganPackerFan
10-05-2009, 11:31 AM

Maybe, after the game, you could have some dinner and pop in the Sisqo CD.

Do you think KFC's still open?

gbgary
10-05-2009, 02:26 PM

I only have to wait until 5:30! :lol:

don't tell the 8:30 people, who won the game, so it'll be a surprise.

sheepshead
10-05-2009, 02:35 PM
Maybe Brett will freak out and forget he has to throw to purple jerseys. :wink:

mraynrand
10-05-2009, 02:35 PM
Going back to the article:

"He has had terrific moments, like his 50-yard touchdown pass to Greg Jennings that beat the Chicago Bears in the season opener this year. He also drove the team into Bears territory last December for what should have been the game-winning field goal. He did the same at Minnesota last year, albeit only to the 35, resulting in a 52-yard attempt."

This is what always troubles me about evaluation of players in the NFL. The circumstances are always so important. In that final drive at MN, Rodgers got a break with a tipped pass to Driver, but also on the last set of downs, the Packer offense was incredible conservative. Presumably McCarthy was calling all those runs up the gut, and Rodgers was never allowed to pass the Packers closer. So was it Rodger's fault that the FG was from 52 yards?

Bossman641
10-05-2009, 02:47 PM
Presumably McCarthy was calling all those runs up the gut, and Rodgers was never allowed to pass the Packers closer. So was it Rodger's fault that the FG was from 52 yards?

Cough*TJ Rubley*Cough

Packers4Ever
10-05-2009, 04:13 PM

7:30 - 3 and 1/2 more hours here CDT - The suspense is killing....

And then we go through it again on Nov. 1st over here !!

sheepshead
10-05-2009, 05:18 PM
Favre beats us(anytime of course) he'll be the only QB to beat ALL 32 teams.