PDA

View Full Version : Rodgers won't stay healthy behind Packers' line

packers11
10-05-2009, 11:22 AM
http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4532987&name=schefter_adam&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fesp n%2fblog%2findex%3fentryID%3d4532987%26name%3dsche fter_adam

Rodgers won't stay healthy behind Packers' line

Anyone have ESPN insider that can either post or summarize this article?

pbmax
10-05-2009, 11:31 AM
No, but I can guess:

Rodgers is on pace to be sacked 64 times this season which will be a new world record by a QB not named Carr. No QB has ever been sacked more than X (when X<64) and survived to start all 16 games. Three players have attempted this feat, 2 are now crippled and backups and one is named Randall Cunningham.

denverYooper
10-05-2009, 11:35 AM
No, but I can guess:

Rodgers is on pace to be sacked 64 times this season which will be a new world record by a QB not named Carr. No QB has ever been sacked more than X (when X<64) and survived to start all 16 games. Three players have attempted this feat, 2 are now crippled and backups and one is named Randall Cunningham.

...which brings up an interesting question: can an ESPN writer pass a Turing Test?

Waldo
10-05-2009, 11:39 AM
Most QB injuries occur:

1) Outside of the pocket
2) By big guys up the middle (their weight and approach angle is much more dangerous for the QB)
3) The OL (rolling into ankles, hand to the helmet, stepping on the QB's ankles)

The hit rate also does not seem proportional to the injury rate. Starting and playing through twice as many games is much more dangerous than playing half as many games and getting hit twice as much during those games.

Bossman641
10-05-2009, 11:45 AM
Not much of an article at all.

It's a mailbag with one question about Rodgers.

Q: I was wondering if you think the Packers' retooled O-line will be able to deal with the crowd noise and the Vikings' dominant D-line well enough to give the Pack a chance to win on Monday night.

-- Rob MacDonald (Halifax, Nova Scotia)

A: Rob: I have not liked what I've seen from the Packers' offensive line so far, not at all. I think Mike McCarthy has to come up with some ideas Monday night to take some of the pressure off Aaron Rodgers, because otherwise the quarterback's life will be miserable. Maybe shorter drops. Maybe more rollouts. Whatever. But Rodgers will struggle to stay healthy if this line plays the way it did the past couple of weeks against Cincinnati and St. Louis. Rodgers has taken way too much pressure. And Vikings defensive end Jared Allen has seen that tape, and I'm guessing he's salivating.