PDA

View Full Version : Who do we need?

Brando19
10-05-2009, 10:29 PM
As GM. Don't take up for him. He has built a shitty team...O line....Special Teams...Safeties...Running backs....
Who do we need to get this team on track next year?

MOBB DEEP
10-05-2009, 10:50 PM
cowher

Bossman641
10-05-2009, 10:53 PM
Who do we need?

Besides the obvious (OL, S) we need Greg Jennings to start playing like Greg Jennings.

Lurker64
10-05-2009, 11:06 PM
I'd like Eric Berry, Brian Bulaga, C.J. Spiller, and Arthur Jones. That would help this team a lot.

sheepshead
10-05-2009, 11:07 PM
Psssst, this isnt fantasy football.

Lurker64
10-05-2009, 11:13 PM
Psssst, this isnt fantasy football.

You mean I can't have four first round picks next year, nuts.

Then I'll take Bulaga, Kam Chancellor, Tyson Alualu, and pray that there's an RB worth having later on.

Alternatively, tag and trade Kampman for a 1 and grab Bulaga, Spiller, Chancellor, and Alualu with our first four picks.

Thankfully for us it's a deep year at both DT and at S. There's a dozen DTs and a half dozen S's I'd be happy to take in the first three rounds. The ideal first round pick IMO would be Bulaga (if he declares and if we're in position to get him.) I like Barry Church out of Toledo as a later round SS prospect. He'll likely drop because of lack of elite timed speed and lack of elite competition, but the kid's got skills.

Carolina_Packer
10-05-2009, 11:16 PM
Hard to take emotion out of it, but see things for how they are now. The offensive line is banged up, so when you have to shuffle the deck (again), put in a rookie at LT, and are facing a formidable defense with a great pass rush, you can't talk about ditching the whole thing. It's not realistic. They have to go from where they are right now. Protections are troubling, but they need to get healthy and grow together. If they can eliminate even some of the pressures that Rodgers is seeing, Rodgers can carve up a defense. If they had decided to kick a field goal at the end of the third quarter to put points on the board, it may have changed the momentum a lot quicker. As it stands, it ended a one possession game, even with all the bad stuff that happened. Realistically, they just have to get healthy on the O-line, come together as a unit and keep battling. The defense did a nice job on the run tonight. The defensive pressure was not very good tonight. It would be interesting to see Kampman line up as a pass rusher more. Use those skills more.

packerbacker1234
10-06-2009, 12:17 AM
Who do we need?

Besides the obvious (OL, S) we need Greg Jennings to start playing like Greg Jennings.

Maybe if we actually run the damn slant pattern, he would return.

MichiganPackerFan
10-06-2009, 08:04 AM
Who do we need?

Maybe if we actually run the damn slant pattern, he would return.

Agreed.

Also, is playing Kampman out of position crushing any potential trade value? He was one of the best DE's in the league....

mmmdk
10-06-2009, 08:13 AM
cowher

+1

A REAL Pittsburgh guy - not that punk McCarthy.

mmmdk
10-06-2009, 08:16 AM
cowher

+1

Wow, the cuts Cowher would make next camp. Totally different attitude on team.

It might save TT's ass if he got Cowher.

Sparkey
10-06-2009, 08:50 AM
cowher

+1

TT and Cowher could not co-exist. Cowher wants complete control from everything I have read.

MOBB DEEP
10-06-2009, 09:04 AM
cowher

+1

TT and Cowher could not co-exist. Cowher wants complete control from everything I have read.

Ron wolf and cowher would be EXCELLENT!

wist43
10-06-2009, 09:11 AM
We need better 3-4 personnel on defense, and better OL.

I advocated going to a 3-4 years ago... better late than never, but it's going to take a couple of years.

The OL??? TT won't change his approach... 5,742 6th round picks and hope some of em can play 12 postions. I think they'll always have OL problems as long as TT is GM.