PDA

View Full Version : Post game chat with Cleft Crusty (at Minnesota)

Cleft Crusty
10-05-2009, 10:58 PM
Hi Folks,

Well, the Packers dropped their matchup against Favre and thed Vikings, without so much as a touch on Favre. I suppose there are some disappointed Packer fans out there and some happy Favre and Viking fans. Whether you are blindingly drunk on liquor or excitement/despair, Clefty will rub salt in your wounds or lift you up with laser sharp answer your questions. You will have to forgive Clefty if he is a bit unstable due to too much imbibing - but I will try.

BallHawk
10-05-2009, 11:03 PM
What do you think it would cost us to trade for Matthew Stafford? If Millen was still running the joint we could offer Rodgers straight-up, but the Lions are wiser now.

I'm thinking Rodgers, Jordy Nelson, and our 1st and 2nd round picks next year?

Cleft Crusty
10-05-2009, 11:04 PM
What do you think it would cost us to trade for Matthew Stafford? If Millen was still running the joint we could offer Rodgers straight-up, but the Lions are wiser now.

If you think the QB is responsible for the Packer's loss, there is no hope for you.

Bretsky
10-05-2009, 11:06 PM
Cleft,

What do we have to do to shore up our OL and DL's ?

Clearly our OL stinks and our DL can't let the QB take a picnic while looking for receivers.

Bossman641
10-05-2009, 11:10 PM
Cleft, you seem like a hefty guy. Can you play tackle?

Cleft Crusty
10-05-2009, 11:11 PM
Cleft,

Clearly our OL stinks and our DL can't let the QB take a picnic while looking for receivers.

First, they have to recover from injury. That would help. Second, games in November and December on wet, muddy or frozen fields will also help the Packer O-line look better. Third, experience. Clefty doesn't know if there is any help out there on the scrap heap, so you are probably hoping for late this season or next year. And less dome games against good defensive lines.

BallHawk
10-05-2009, 11:12 PM

If you think the QB is responsible for the Packer's loss, there is no hope for you.

Reverse sarcasm?

Cleft Crusty
10-05-2009, 11:13 PM
Cleft, you seem like a hefty guy. Can you play tackle?

We covered this in previous weeks. Clefty can bench press 270, but with a weak heart, high cholesterol, enlarged prostate, type II diabetes, glaucoma, lumbago, irritable bowel syndrome, and at least twelve other diseases I'm battling, I don't think I would last a series, much less a game.

Cleft Crusty
10-05-2009, 11:13 PM

Reverse sarcasm?

No.

Bretsky
10-05-2009, 11:14 PM
Cleft,

First, they have to recover from injury. That would help. Second, games in November and December on wet, muddy or frozen fields will also help the Packer O-line look better. Third, experience. Clefty doesn't know if there is any help out there on the scrap heap, so you are probably hoping for late this season or next year. And less dome games against good defensive lines.

Cleft,

Do you have connections within the Packer Organization, and if so can you hook me up with an interview with Ted Thompson. I'd like to be his free agent coordinator. I'll recruit the free agents and report directly to Ted and he can then shoot down nearly every idea I have. But we'll have somebody trying.

Cleft Crusty
10-05-2009, 11:22 PM
Cleft,

Cleft,

Do you have connections within the Packer Organization, and if so can you hook me up with an interview with Ted Thompson. I'd like to be his free agent coordinator. I'll recruit the free agents and report directly to Ted and he can then shoot down nearly every idea I have. But we'll have somebody trying.

Thompson has some success with free agency: Woodson, Chillar, Pickett. The Vikings have Hutchinson, Leber, Allen, and Favre. Three of those guys cost them a lot of money. Packers could have possibly helped themselves with a safety or a lineman in FA, but you just don't know if guys work out. Send Thompson your recommendations anyway, I'm certain he will listen.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-05-2009, 11:35 PM
Cleft,

Ty is thinking of trading in his cardboard box for a tent. Any idea which camping supplies Bert uses?

Bossman641
10-05-2009, 11:36 PM
Your thoughts on Barbre? He seems to be improving from week to week, no?

Cleft Crusty
10-05-2009, 11:44 PM
Your thoughts on Barbre? He seems to be improving from week to week, no?

Absolutely. And he will look better in the coming months when the weather goes south. Clefty doesn't like to cheer up anyone, but you have to realize that games like this in MN were par for the course for Favre when he was a Packer QB, except most of the time he didn't play as well as Rodgers. Favre and the Packers lost to MN at Minnesota in their superbowl winning 1996 year - and they had some O-line problems then too. Things look a lot different outside. In November and December.

Sparkey
10-05-2009, 11:47 PM
Cleft,

What is your take of Kampmann as an OLB and his transition to this point ?

superfan
10-05-2009, 11:52 PM
you have to realize that games like this in MN were par for the course for Favre when he was a Packer QB, except most of the time he didn't play as well as Rodgers. Favre and the Packers lost to MN at Minnesota in their superbowl winning 1996 year - and they had some O-line problems then too. Things look a lot different outside. In November and December.

Rare instance of sobriety induced clarity here, Cleft. Please try to stay on topic - in case you need reminding, that would be medication fueled rants against the posters.

Cleft Crusty
10-05-2009, 11:59 PM
Cleft,

What is your take of Kampmann as an OLB and his transition to this point ?

I don't like it. Specifically, I don't like to see Kampman dropping back in coverage unless there is a zone blitz going on. Two reasons: you can't take away your best pass-rusher if you aren't then creating pressure somewhere else. The obvious case was the 2nd and 10 on the Vikings first drive of the second quarter. That play had all sorts of problems. Bottom line: Kampman can fit the scheme if the scheme plays to his strengths.

Cleft Crusty
10-06-2009, 12:01 AM
you have to realize that games like this in MN were par for the course for Favre when he was a Packer QB, except most of the time he didn't play as well as Rodgers. Favre and the Packers lost to MN at Minnesota in their superbowl winning 1996 year - and they had some O-line problems then too. Things look a lot different outside. In November and December.

Rare instance of sobriety induced clarity here, Cleft. Please try to stay on topic - in case you need reminding, that would be medication fueled rants against the posters.

Clefty is dispassionate about the game, but not about know nothing, knee-jerk fans who call for firings and killings following a loss. If they venture in here Clefty will reduce them to internet ashes with scathing firebrand rhetoric.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-06-2009, 12:03 AM
Cleft,

Do you know if any of those guys in the wrangler jeans commercials are free agents. Some of them actually got a hand on Bert.

Bossman641
10-06-2009, 12:07 AM
Cleft,

Do you know if any of those guys in the wrangler jeans commercials are free agents. Some of them actually got a hand on Bert.

Hahaha, well done

Cleft Crusty
10-06-2009, 12:13 AM
Cleft,

I believe Kampman was the only Packer to register a hit on Favre, and that was too late. The Packers put everything into stopping the run, and that part of their game was perfect. But they got scorched by Favre - both due to the respect for the run, coverage mistakes (at least three that I could detect), and pathetic, poorly schemed pass rushing. I should note that the 49ers tried blitzing Favre last week and got burned repeatedly before retreating into a zone. Problem is for the Packers that their d-backs are still struggling to hand off receivers in the zone with a new guy (Martin) back there. Give a savvy vet like Favre time to throw and like an experienced general surgeon removing my appendix (I had that done without anesthetic years ago before discovering morphine) - Favre could do it with his eyes closed.

superfan
10-06-2009, 12:34 AM
Clefty is dispassionate about the game, but not about know nothing, knee-jerk fans who call for firings and killings following a loss. If they venture in here Clefty will reduce them to internet ashes with scathing firebrand rhetoric.

Glad to hear it.

So, what should be done first? Fire McCarthy, or cut Rodgers? Both are equally 100% responsible for tonight's loss.

BZnDallas
10-06-2009, 12:41 AM
Cleft,

I believe Kampman was the only Packer to register a hit on Favre, and that was too late. The Packers put everything into stopping the run, and that part of their game was perfect. But they got scorched by Favre - both due to the respect for the run, coverage mistakes (at least three that I could detect), and pathetic, poorly schemed pass rushing. I should note that the 49ers tried blitzing Favre last week and got burned repeatedly before retreating into a zone. Problem is for the Packers that their d-backs are still struggling to hand off receivers in the zone with a new guy (Martin) back there. Give a savvy vet like Favre time to throw and like an experienced general surgeon removing my appendix (I had that done without anesthetic years ago before discovering morphine) - Favre could do it with his eyes closed.

shit give any nfl caliber qb 7 seconds to throw and they'll make it look like a turkey on thanksgiving... except may jamarcuss russell... :wink: