PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Favre Fans

RashanGary
10-05-2009, 11:03 PM
It was your day today. We forced Favre to beat us and he did. He's still good enough to win with Adrian Peterson and that defense.

Part of the bigger picture, football and life are two different things. I really believe strongly in the ethics and morals of the people who lead the Packers. It was tough to lose this game to arrogance, selfishness and greed but I tip my hat the better team today. Favre was a part of that and played well today.

I hope it's different in Lambeau, but if it's not, I'm still proud of the guys on our team. They're hard workers, good guys and selfless. I think they're grow from this. As a fan, I love this team and even if they're not good enough, I'll be there; every play, to the end. Win or lose, it will be a great season because I believe in these guys and I admire their heart.

You know, success or failure, highs or lows, we still end up buried in the dirt and life still goes on until that moment. This is just a game, a game that says a lot about life, but honestly, the lesson I've learned from Favre is that winning isn't everything. It's how you live your life.

b bulldog
10-05-2009, 11:04 PM
Good post but this obviously shows a true lack of talent in the trenches, thanks TT.

Bretsky
10-05-2009, 11:05 PM
good post

Favre played great but it was the dominance in the trenches that won this game

Partial
10-05-2009, 11:05 PM
He was absolutely dominant. He had all the time in the world, and showed that he still has pinpoint accuracy and a spectacular arm.

Freak Out
10-05-2009, 11:08 PM
Some of us will not get buried in the dirt....I'm not a Viking fan but that's the funeral I've asked for when I go....Chiniak Bay in Kodiak.

We have some great guys on our team.....but.....

billy_oliver880
10-05-2009, 11:10 PM
It was tough to lose this game to arrogance, selfishness and greed but I tip my hat the better team today. Favre was a part of that and played well today

Showboating and stuff like that drive me absolutely crazy. The vikings needed to act a bit like they have been there before.

BallHawk
10-05-2009, 11:12 PM
Since when were congratulations in order for supporting a person?

MOBB DEEP
10-05-2009, 11:20 PM
This is just a game, a game that says a lot about life, but honestly, the lesson I've learned from pro sports is that winning isn't everything. It's how you live your life.

Fixed.

This mess is mere ENTERTANMENT; remember that ppl

woodbuck27
10-05-2009, 11:24 PM

Yes. It's about common sense respect. About being decent. Yet I understand JH. Very cool thread.

Scott Campbell
10-05-2009, 11:27 PM
Favre looked great tonight. But it wasn't much of a test. We didn't put any pressure at all on the guy.

woodbuck27
10-05-2009, 11:34 PM
Favre looked great tonight. But it wasn't much of a test. We didn't put any pressure at all on the guy.

Favre's had over 170 career wins Vs 100 loss's so he looks great on most nights. He looked inspired tonight. Just inspired to win the game and get to 4-0. No other Viking QB has done that.

Scott Campbell
10-05-2009, 11:37 PM

Favre's had over 170 career wins Vs 100 loss's so he looks great on most nights. He looked inspired tonight. Just inspired to win the game and get to 4-0. No other Viking QB has done that.

Hey, for $12M I'd sure as hell expect him to play well if he's feeling no rush whatsoever. Other defensive lines won't be nearly as cooperative.

Put Favre behind that Green Bay line tonight and you'd need both feet to count all the int's.

woodbuck27
10-05-2009, 11:47 PM

Hey, for $12M I'd sure as hell expect him to play well if he's feeling no rush whatsoever. Other defensive lines won't be nearly as cooperative.

Put Favre behind that Green Bay line tonight and you'd need both feet to count all the int's.

Hey our OL is ugly and we give up the ball like pussy's!

Arod was outstanding ( inspite of our OL ) maybe only trying too hard hanging onto the ball thus allowing some sacks. All that aside Favre is a very fine QB. His arm looks very strong still at his age which is so impressive. He just wants to play and have a team support his desire to win.

I believe the Vikings will fall in the end on B. Childress's negatives.

mmmdk
10-06-2009, 07:05 AM
For a country without Royalties; America do like their Kings and Queens.

In that light I say: Congrats to all BF fans. Hope BF wins the SB and makes his subjects happy. No sarcasm here.

My concern is with the Packers - nothing else matters (football wise).

mmmdk
10-06-2009, 07:19 AM
He was absolutely dominant. He had all the time in the world, and showed that he still has pinpoint accuracy and a spectacular arm.

Let me rephrase that:

He had all the time in the world. Hence he was absolutely dominant, and showed that he still has pinpoint accuracy and a spectacular arm. Uhm, did I mention he had all the time in the world?

Imagine this:
Put BF back as Packers starting QB. Put BF with current Packer OL. Put BF with our current running game. Put BF with current Packers D.

That's not the team BF is playing for - he's got all that in Minnesota though.

Team sport! And BF should be happy it is a team sport, 'cos without Reggie White & co...NO F@cking ring for BF. Got that whole SB season on dvd; thank GOODNESS that Packers had a D in the playoffs + SB...and coaches too.

BF can get ring # 2 this season - with that kind of team around him? Hell yes.

This current Packer team wouldn't be helped much - even by a HOF QB like Favre.

mmmdk
10-06-2009, 07:28 AM
Not to forget:

Great post JH :D

MichiganPackerFan
10-06-2009, 08:42 AM
It was your day today. We forced Favre to beat us and he did. He's still good enough to win with Adrian Peterson and that defense.

Part of the bigger picture, football and life are two different things. I really believe strongly in the ethics and morals of the people who lead the Packers. It was tough to lose this game to arrogance, selfishness and greed but I tip my hat the better team today. Favre was a part of that and played well today.

I hope it's different in Lambeau, but if it's not, I'm still proud of the guys on our team. They're hard workers, good guys and selfless. I think they're grow from this. As a fan, I love this team and even if they're not good enough, I'll be there; every play, to the end. Win or lose, it will be a great season because I believe in these guys and I admire their heart.

You know, success or failure, highs or lows, we still end up buried in the dirt and life still goes on until that moment. This is just a game, a game that says a lot about life, but honestly, the lesson I've learned from Favre is that winning isn't everything. It's how you live your life.

Good post there. I can't make myself miss a game no matter how hard it is. My wife doesn't understand that! I will also never throw beer at the tv, because I can't waste that liquid gold. I am a big fan of the players, especially the try-hard big effort guys. I'd rather see our O-line develop into a force than Redskin-it and buy everyone. (we see how well that's worked). Maybe a couple more free agents, but TT's has picked some pretty good ones.

MOBB DEEP
10-06-2009, 08:57 AM
It's how you live your life.

In fact, whats REALLY the deal is what we do when no one's lookn (integrity)and only God knows how we're living (filing taxes. effort at work, cheating on spouses, etc). He who is without sin......

Thats why we CANT judge! How many ppl who hate favre have done FAR worse in their personal lives but no media is involved?!

REAL easy to be critical of other's shortcomings while neglecting our own issues. Thats a trick of satan to get us to have false pride b/c, for example, we're "better than so and so" b/c so and so lies. As if pre-marital sex isnt just as troubling to God and greives the Holy Spirit just as much as what we criticize others for doing

Judge not.....Mathew 7:1-5

Tarlam!
10-06-2009, 09:03 AM
This is a football forum and a thread about a player. I resent being Bible-Bashed on here and I would thank you to respect the nature of this discussion board. I highly doubt this place was set up for you to moral preach me on what I may and may not think or do.

MOBB DEEP
10-06-2009, 09:11 AM
I resent being Bible-Bashed

See, thats the prob. My thoughts, or anyone's thoughts about life shouldnt elicit resentment.

Was this forum set up for folk to talk about sex and drinking, etc?

Choose battles; real talk....

Tarlam!
10-06-2009, 09:16 AM
What part of "Football Forum" did you fail to understand?

We have separated the forums for you to shoot your load without disruption from me.

Scott Campbell
10-06-2009, 09:16 AM

Yeah, it kind of was.

Spaulding
10-06-2009, 09:22 AM
He played a hell of a game last night. The TD throw to Rice from his back foot was vintage Favre. I also liked his post game interview, reminded me of why I used to be such a fan of his. Hoping now that the drama of the game is over that tensions dissipate to some extent.

Administrator
10-06-2009, 09:24 AM
What part of "Football Forum" did you fail to understand?

We have separated the forums for you to shoot your load without disruption from me.

I honestly didn't read his comment as "preaching". I read it as what he does...

Take it easy, both of you... the ongoing discussion is worse than the original comment.

Tarlam!
10-06-2009, 09:30 AM
I disagree. Bringing Satan or the Holy Spirit into the discussion is preaching. It certainly became a sermone when he stated what "we" should and shouldn't do. And it gets my back up when people take a holier-than-thou attitude.

Administrator
10-06-2009, 09:31 AM
I disagree. Bringing Satan or the Holy Spirit into the discussion is preaching. It certainly became a sermone when he stated what "we" should and shouldn't do. And it gets my back up when people take a holier-than-thou attitude.

Kind of like your "anti-holier than thou" attitude? What is the difference?

Let it go. I mean it.

Tarlam!
10-06-2009, 09:34 AM
Well, at least I made 5000 plus posts. If you don't get that this is a football forum as the owner, then, there is no hope that things will get better around here. Adios Packer Rats.

Deputy Nutz
10-06-2009, 09:35 AM

Wow, you guys are a bunch of losers. I can't believe how quickly you responded to that. I don't dislike any of you liars and cowards. I feel sorry for you. You are truely a pathetic bunch.

Really, it is about how you live your life.

:lol:

Retailguy, you are going to die with your misery. It's sad. I feel sorry for you. Really, go find a life. Hug your kids. Spend time with your wife.

You tell him Justin, you know how to live such a rich, and fullfilling life. Remember it is all about how you live your life.

Deputy Nutz is numero uno moron on this site.

Kampman can't do this. Harris can't do that. Rodgers won't be this. The Packers are in trouble that.

Don't let this guy back on the train. When the day comes, when his shitty Vikings lose, don't let him hop on and enjoy our ride.

Man are you Jesus? Please show us the way to lead such a pure and giving life.

Administrator
10-06-2009, 09:40 AM
Nutz, I understand what you're doing. But tread lightly. go no farther.

Administrator
10-06-2009, 09:43 AM
Well, at least I made 5000 plus posts. If you don't get that this is a football forum as the owner, then, there is no hope that things will get better around here. Adios Packer Rats.

5000 posts does not get you the "right" to enforce/demand your viewpoint.

Honestly, I understood the point you were making. didn't disagree with your point. What you can't see, is that, first, he wasn't doing what you thought, and 2nd, you did everything you thought he was doing in your reply, making your point no different than his, just opposite.

We aren't going to prosthelytize , but we aren't going to pretend that religion doesn't exist and impact other folks lives either.

Stop, think, breathe, THEN type.

Scott Campbell
10-06-2009, 09:46 AM
We aren't going to prosthelytize........

Amen to that.

Deputy Nutz
10-06-2009, 09:48 AM

I am done, as soon as I posted I saw your note to us. It goes no further on my end.

Administrator
10-06-2009, 09:49 AM

I am done, as soon as I posted I saw your note to us. It goes no further on my end.

Appreciate it. Again, I understand you've put up with a lot of crap over the past several months from the OP. Point well taken.

Deputy Nutz
10-06-2009, 10:04 AM

My excuses thread is on page two right now if you are looking for any other reasons for a successful Favre last night.

MichiganPackerFan
10-06-2009, 10:36 AM

Yeah, it kind of was.

Preach it, Brother Scott!!!

mmmdk
10-06-2009, 11:59 AM
Thanx admin.

Your presense is needed and great job.

Keep it up :hug:

Scott Campbell
10-06-2009, 12:22 PM

My excuses thread is on page two right now if you are looking for any other reasons for a successful Favre last night.

While Favre will always be the first to take credit for anything, I think his protection was beyond superb. Even at 50 he'll shred any defense that allows him that kind of time. Unfortunately for the Vikings, they won't see a D-line like ours in any playoff games.

All some fans see is "look at the way the light glistens off his helmet".

bobblehead
10-06-2009, 12:28 PM
BF obviously game planned and studied for this one. I said it before, I would take that BF everytime. We made it easier by playing D into his strengths as I said in the fire MM thread.

Gratz nutz, I'll chalk your desire for this up to my desire for McCain to lose. Yes, I'm a republican, but until they start putting up nominees who reflect conservative fiscal values I'll cheer in their defeat. You wanted TT and MM to pay, and I'm hoping its a similar reason.

I hope we get it straightened out, but I don't expect MM to change his ways of talking run and then passing 40 times anymore than I expect BF to start taking a sack or throwing out of bounds when the pressure comes. BF was masterful tonight...nuff said.

rbaloha1
10-06-2009, 12:45 PM
A brilliant performance. Agree that the Packers wanted Favre to beat them -- hoping he would make mistakes.

Well Favre exploited our weaknesses and easily played one of the top 5 games of his career. Round 1 to Favre.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-06-2009, 01:22 PM

Amen to that.

Can Ty get a a witness.

Merlin
10-06-2009, 02:45 PM

While Favre will always be the first to take credit for anything, I think his protection was beyond superb. Even at 50 he'll shred any defense that allows him that kind of time. Unfortunately for the Vikings, they won't see a D-line like ours in any playoff games.

All some fans see is "look at the way the light glistens off his helmet".

I guess I fail to see at anytime during his career where he took credit for anything, I think you have him confused with Peyton Manning either that or you just hate the guy that much that no matter what he says it transposes into something else in your eyes.

CaptainKickass
10-06-2009, 04:06 PM

Amen to that.

Can Ty get a a witness.

Can a Reverend, who likes drinking and sex, and also happens to be a Captain... contibute as the aforementioned witness?

Tyrone Bigguns
10-06-2009, 04:10 PM

Amen to that.

Can Ty get a a witness.

Can a Reverend, who likes drinking and sex, and also happens to be a Captain... contibute as the aforementioned witness?

You are in by the skin of your teeth....we really like to see gambling and swearing as well.

CaptainKickass
10-06-2009, 04:16 PM

Amen to that.

Can Ty get a a witness.

You are in by the skin of your teeth....we really like to see gambling and swearing as well.

I have lots of "upside" in that area.

I also bring a mean belch. Just to add to my already impressive resume, and vast expertise in general.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-06-2009, 04:30 PM

Amen to that.

Can Ty get a a witness.

I have lots of "upside" in that area.

I also bring a mean belch. Just to add to my already impressive resume, and vast expertise in general.

Just "upside?"

We like to see Tremendous Upside Potential (TUP). Ty is a bit worried about our ceiling, though. Are you "long"? Though, i guess you could give us some flexibility.

Belching is good, but farting is far more respected.

How are you for sleeping in and general procrastinating?

bobblehead
10-06-2009, 04:36 PM

given how bitter this has been I think those that really don't like BF anymore trying to be gracious in defeat isn't out of line.

bobblehead
10-06-2009, 04:38 PM

the vikes have started seasons well many times. Maybe not 4-0 in the last few, but they were as recently as when shermy was coach...they missed the playoffs that year if i recall.

CaptainKickass
10-06-2009, 04:39 PM
How are you for sleeping in and general procrastinating?

I'll hafta tell you later...it's time for my nap.

swede
10-06-2009, 04:41 PM
Is it gracious in defeat to say that he played very well, masterfully, in fact, but then to also mention that I am very disappointed that we couldn't have hit him hard enough to make him cough up a spleen?

Tyrone Bigguns
10-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Is it gracious in defeat to say that he played very well, masterfully, in fact, but then to also mention that I am very disappointed that we couldn't have hit him hard enough to make him cough up a spleen?

We didn't hit him hard enough to cough up a hairball.

Scott Campbell
10-06-2009, 08:12 PM

Spoken like British royalty.

GrnBay007
10-06-2009, 08:43 PM

Was kinda thinking about that whole Karma thing today after reading weeks upon weeks of Packer fans wishing injury on Favre.....and then Blackmon and Colledge being injured in the game. :no:

mraynrand
10-06-2009, 08:55 PM

Was kinda thinking about that whole Karma thing today after reading weeks upon weeks of Packer fans wishing injury on Favre.....and then Blackmon and Colledge being injured in the game. :no:

Karma's a bitch. Nov. 1 isn't that far away. I hope Favre is forced into intimate relations with the Lambeau semi-synthetic, partially artificial, composite grass/turf.

pbmax
10-06-2009, 09:00 PM

But this begs the question, how are players on teams not involved in the Packer psychodrama getting players hurt? Are other team's fanbases secretly wishing for Favre to get hurt?

Why must they be so hateful?

mmmdk
10-06-2009, 09:00 PM

Karma's a bitch. Nov. 1 isn't that far away. I hope Favre is forced into intimate relations with the Lambeau semi-synthetic, partially artificial, composite grass/turf.

Remember, remember the 1st of November.

GrnBay007
10-06-2009, 09:35 PM
I don't know....could just never grasp the fact of fans wishing injury on a player. The hatred that drives those feelings are kinda scary/creepy if you ask me.

Bretsky
10-06-2009, 09:42 PM

Remember, remember the 1st of November.

be careful what you wish for

pbmax
10-06-2009, 09:43 PM
I don't know....could just never grasp the fact of fans wishing injury on a player. The hatred that drives those feelings are kinda scary/creepy if you ask me.
Then don't ever ask me what I once predicted would happen if Franco Harris ever came close to breaking Jim Brown's season rushing record in Cleveland. That would be tough to explain.... :oops:

Noodle
10-06-2009, 10:18 PM
Back to the point of the thread -- I really can't remember a better game from Favre. Seriously, the Monday night game when he had 399 passing yards, a number of which came from him just chucking the ball up and having Walker make great catches, was not nearly as impressive as this game.

To be sure, he wasn't hit, but the man was absolutely brilliant. Quick reads, getting rid of the ball on time, not taking stupid risks, superb accuracy. I can't recall a better, more clinical all-around performance from him. Ever.

And I say this as a Rodgers guy and as someone who agrees with letting him go. No second thoughts, but lots of respect for what Favre did.

Bretsky
10-06-2009, 10:22 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/FavreFest-09-was-the-highest-rated-cable-TV-sho;_ylt=AhkxA4V_PdwxgpzFXyyOGEg5nYcB?urn=nfl,1944 11

incredibly high ratings

Scott Campbell
10-06-2009, 10:22 PM
Back to the point of the thread -- I really can't remember a better game from Favre. Seriously, the Monday night game when he had 399 passing yards, a number of which came from him just chucking the ball up and having Walker make great catches, was not nearly as impressive as this game.

To be sure, he wasn't hit, but the man was absolutely brilliant. Quick reads, getting rid of the ball on time, not taking stupid risks, superb accuracy. I can't recall a better, more clinical all-around performance from him. Ever.

And I say this as a Rodgers guy and as someone who agrees with letting him go. No second thoughts, but lots of respect for what Favre did.

I reluctantly can't disagree with that, as I really wanted him to stink it up. But I honestly can't remember him ever getting less pressure either.

Bretsky
10-06-2009, 10:23 PM

I reluctantly can't disagree with that, as I really wanted him to stink it up. But I honestly can't remember him ever getting less pressure either.

You must be blacking out the Pre TTT era when we had one of the best OL's in the game

Partial
10-06-2009, 10:59 PM

Agreed. He had pinpoint accuracy and had some heat behind his missiles.

Sparkey
10-06-2009, 11:41 PM

Agreed. He had pinpoint accuracy and had some heat behind his missiles.

No doubt, Favre looked outstanding Monday night. He is a great fit for Minnesota.

MichiganPackerFan
10-07-2009, 08:03 AM

Guess instead of showing up to work in New York, he must have spent the entire season studying up for this one potential match up :D

Harlan Huckleby
10-07-2009, 06:33 PM
Any good QB would have had a field day against that no-rush packer defense.

I suppose this sounds like sour grapes, but if the Packers and Vikings exchaged QBs for that game, Favre would have done had a nightmare game under that pressure, worse than the more mobile Rodgers. Rodgers is a very accurate passer, he would have had a Favresque game playing in purple.

Scott Campbell
10-07-2009, 06:34 PM
Rodgers is a very accurate passer, he would have had a Favresque game playing in purple.

Favresque, as in 6 INT's?

Harlan Huckleby
10-07-2009, 06:43 PM
well, FAvre in his glory, as we saw Monday.

Shit, I'm sick of hearing the media praise him like he did something heroic. Any good QB can sit in the pocket and wait for a reciever to come open.

Scott Campbell
10-07-2009, 06:47 PM

Shit, I'm sick of hearing the media praise him like he did something heroic. Any good QB can sit in the pocket and wait for a reciever to come open.

I kept checking to see if he had the red jersey on.

rbaloha1
10-07-2009, 06:49 PM

I kept checking to see if he had the red jersey on.

Good point. Only AK got lose to roughing him up.

Deputy Nutz
10-07-2009, 07:18 PM
Rodgers is a very accurate passer, he would have had a Favresque game playing in purple.

Because all Favre ever did was throw 6 ints every time he suited up.

Rastak
10-07-2009, 07:20 PM

You have to admit he's been chucking them like crazy......1

Scott Campbell
10-07-2009, 07:23 PM

Which adds to his all time league leading total of INT's.

Deputy Nutz
10-07-2009, 07:24 PM

I guess you have to add the three touchdowns he scorched the Packers with on Monday night to all time touchdown total.

Rastak
10-07-2009, 07:25 PM

True dat. Looks like he won't be extending it too far though. That's one record you WANT to keep within reach.

mraynrand
10-07-2009, 07:26 PM

In fairness to the meretricious old cripple, he did have several very good throws.

Harlan Huckleby
10-07-2009, 07:37 PM
meretricious means tawdry, whorish.

Did you mean meritorious?

mraynrand
10-07-2009, 07:41 PM
meretricious means tawdry, whorish.

Did you mean meritorious?

I meant exactly what I wrote. meretricious also means false, insincere, demonstrative and attention-seeking in a gross manner.

MichiganPackerFan
10-08-2009, 07:47 AM
Any good QB can sit in the pocket and wait for a reciever to come open.

See Warner, Kurt: STL

MOBB DEEP
10-09-2009, 06:25 PM

Guess instead of showing up to work in New York, he must have spent the entire season studying up for this one potential match up :D

:lol:

woodbuck27
10-10-2009, 03:52 PM

Favre's had over 170 career wins Vs 100 loss's so he looks great on most nights. He looked inspired tonight. Just inspired to win the game and ** get to 4-0. No other Viking QB has done that.

the vikes have started seasons well many times. Maybe not 4-0 in the last few, but they were as recently as when shermy was coach...they missed the playoffs that year if i recall.

** That's in error.

The Vikings started a season at 6-0 sometime back. I cannot come up with the quote now (the season and the quarterback) but as I re-call that season they actually failed to make the playoffs.

sunflower100
10-10-2009, 10:54 PM
Now I am not saying this will happen. Didn't the Packers also one year make the play offs after going 1-4? Of course don't forget what happened to the Jets last year.

Scott Campbell
10-11-2009, 10:25 AM
Now I am not saying this will happen. Didn't the Packers also one year make the play offs after going 1-4? Of course don't forget what happened to the Jets last year.

He did under Sherman.

gex
10-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Brett's 5-0 for the 1st time in his career. Congrats Favre fans :D