PDA

View Full Version : I'm saying it...FIRE M3

Packers4Glory
10-05-2009, 11:21 PM
If he can't reign this team in and get some disciplined play out of them. at least the past 2 seasons have been a complete joke penalty wise. It is NOT acceptable and should not be tolerated by the coaching staff. I can not believe how many penalties this team piles up on a game to game basis.

If its not a sack killing a drive its a dumbass penalty...or on defense one to extend the drive.

if he can't get this shit fixed, its time for him to GTFO.

there are 3 coaches available for work I'd rather have any day of the week anyway. If I don't see a drastic turn around soon, he's gone and I'm going after 1 of these guys. the 3 aint hard to figure out. 2 Mike's and a John.

BallHawk
10-05-2009, 11:22 PM
He's working with what he's got. He can't turn Colledge into Steve Hutchinson.

Packers4Glory
10-05-2009, 11:24 PM
He's working with what he's got. He can't turn Colledge into Steve Hutchinson.

no kidding, but the entire team from offense, defense, and ST has more laundry during a game than a stripper after a saturday nite shift.

Partial
10-05-2009, 11:25 PM
They don't look physical like they did in the first game. Anyone else notice this? They just don't seem to have that swagger and oomph when they hit. No gang tackles, no helping each other up and jumping around pumping eachother up, etc.

The aggressive style leads to swagger imo. Bring back the insane levels of blitzing.

BallHawk
10-05-2009, 11:27 PM
They just don't seem to have that swagger and oomph when they hit. No gang tackles, no helping each other up and jumping around pumping eachother up, etc..

Did you not see Harvin get his shit rocked by 3 guys on a KR?

Partial
10-05-2009, 11:30 PM
They just don't seem to have that swagger and oomph when they hit. No gang tackles, no helping each other up and jumping around pumping eachother up, etc..

I did, but one physical play does not equate to an entire game. Don't you feel the same? They looked so jacked up for the Bears game and came out throwing punches. Tonight they looked passive.

sheepshead
10-05-2009, 11:31 PM
This was one of the best called games i have seen from MM. He had a nice game plan today. That first challenge was dumb, otherwise he called a good game. Penalties HAVE to end.

Gunakor
10-05-2009, 11:31 PM
This was one of the best called games i have seen from MM. He had a nice game plan today. That first challenge was dumb, otherwise he called a good game.

+1

Bossman641
10-05-2009, 11:32 PM
They don't look physical like they did in the first game. Anyone else notice this? They just don't seem to have that swagger and oomph when they hit. No gang tackles, no helping each other up and jumping around pumping eachother up, etc.

The aggressive style leads to swagger imo. Bring back the insane levels of blitzing.

I know what you're saying and I agree 100%. There's a difference between playing reckless and aggressive, but tonight they just looked like they were going through the motions.

Freak Out

I did, but one physical play does not equate to an entire game. Don't you feel the same? They looked so jacked up for the Bears game and came out throwing punches. Tonight they looked passive.

When they ganged up on AP and took the ball for a TD they has some swagger....but the D got caught off guard a few times and some of the play calling was just off.....just not hitting the pass downs with the right stuff.

Packers4Glory
they let favre have all day.

all i know is i'm sick of seeing penalty after penalty. its BS and one area the team should and can improve on. the sacks are going to happen cuz the line is made out of a cheese head. just can't be adding flags on top of that pile of crap. on either side of the ball.

penalties are a direct reflection of the coach IMO. 1 season being at or near the top is maybe a fluke season...2 or more is a trend of poorly disciplined team whose coach is a pushover.

BallHawk
10-05-2009, 11:33 PM
This was one of the best called games i have seen from MM. He had a nice game plan today. That first challenge was dumb, otherwise he called a good game. Penalties HAVE to end.

You were OK with Grant not being given the ball even though it would have relieved some pressure off Aaron, as well as give a guy who was running well that night more touches?

sheepshead
10-05-2009, 11:34 PM

You were OK with Grant not being given the ball even though it would have relieved some pressure off Aaron, as well as give a guy who was running well that night more touches?

I thought it was a good mix, we saw the TE's get used, nicely executed screens and grant had a nice game. Rodgers had no time obviously.

Packers4Glory
10-05-2009, 11:36 PM
oh and i can't believe none of the backs we cut aren't better than Wynn..i'm already sick of him dropping dump off passes. he sucks ass too. not that this is on topic much other than he keeps getting in the game due to BJ's injury. why he is on the roster is beyond me from what i've seen on the field.

sheepshead
10-05-2009, 11:37 PM
oh and i can't believe none of the backs we cut aren't better than Wynn..i'm already sick of him dropping dump off passes. he sucks ass too. not that this is on topic much other than he keeps getting in the game due to BJ's injury. why he is on the roster is beyond me from what i've seen on the field.

yeah, not MM's call however.

Packers4Glory
10-05-2009, 11:39 PM

I'm sure he has a say...esp on a back up running back. I'm not really laying the blame on his shoulders per say...just another thought I had about this team that is a minor issue all things considered.

Sparkey
10-05-2009, 11:42 PM

I'm sure he has a say...esp on a back up running back. I'm not really laying the blame on his shoulders per say...just another thought I had about this team that is a minor issue all things considered.

HE is the #3 so he plays only because BJ is hurt.

Packers4Glory
10-05-2009, 11:51 PM
geez I feel like I'm the only one sick to death of penalties. I don't remember so many in 07...but 08 was horrible and 09 is just as bad if not on pace to be WORSE.

accountability has to be had somewhere when penalties are this bad 2 straight seasons. this falls to the coach who holds the players to a higher cleaner standard of play.

gbgary
10-06-2009, 12:01 AM
when asked about his passing success tonight brett said it was the scheme the Packers ran. the 5-10+ yard cushion and zone coverage without pressure was a joke.

Rastak
10-06-2009, 12:04 AM
when asked about his passing success tonight brett said it was the scheme the Packers ran. the 5-10+ yard cushion and zone coverage without pressure was a joke.

Pack was stonewalled on pass rush but they play a fucking great run defense. I say that with due respect.

Packers4Glory
10-06-2009, 12:08 AM
right now we are lucky to have wone 2 games. whoever won the opener was lucky to win. that happened to be the Packers. Neither team impressed or looked very good.

this team due to the line and penalties is just not a good team. everyone knows you will only go as far as your O and D lines will take you. if either is suspect you're looking at a mediocre season and watching in January.

I've pretty much had it w/ management from TT down to M3. I don't think either are terrible but Neither seem to have what it takes to get to the next level. in fact it seems like we are regressing or staying in that mediocre range. I say regressing because the O line is decidedly worse than last yr. by far.

Big Mike can't seem to fix the holes or stop the flags from flying.

This is still a very young team, and I'm fine w/ cleaning house after this season if things don't turn around. Its hard to blame coaching for having crappy options to pick from on the line, however the penalties can be laid in M3's lap.

Packers4Glory
10-06-2009, 12:11 AM

Pack was stonewalled on pass rush but they play a fucking great run defense. I say that with due respect.

seemed they were afraid to blitz and get caught allowing AP breaking a long one. however this let Brett sit back and read the daily news while he picked out an open receiver.

if Brett stays healthy and a team can't get a rush out their front 4, they are gonna torch a team.

superfan
10-06-2009, 12:23 AM
Play calling was pretty solid overall. Was not thrilled with the play calling with 1st and goal through the end of that failed series.

Overall game plan of stopping Peterson was a good plan IMO, Favre just flat out beat us, played one of his great games. Lack of pressure on Favre was very disappointing.

Penalties were very disappointing, but what can be done about that? Do you think McCarthy coaches the team to play sloppy and put themselves in position to get called for penalties? Woodson's penalty on his INT was minor but legit, he put his hand on the receiver's back. Most of the other penalties were player errors and/or calls that could have gone either way. It happens. I saw a few additional plays that could have been called against the Pack, and a few that the Vikings committed that were not called.

I thought the team was reasonably well prepared and played OK, but the keys to defeat were injuries, bad mistakes by Rodgers, poor blocking by the OL, lack of pressure by the DL, and good plays by Favre and the Vikes. Give the other team some credit, they played pretty good tonight.

I think if we swap coaches (Chilly for MM) we lose by a larger margin. So no reason to pin this one on the HC.

Harlan Huckleby
10-06-2009, 01:05 AM

ya, I agree. The PAckers were physically outmatched, yet a smart game plan, gutty play by Rodgers, kept them close until the end.

crosbiegrad
10-06-2009, 02:42 AM
If we dont have a winning season you have to think that Teddy will be looking to replace MM. Is it for sure Cowher makes a come back next season? You'd have to think that Cowher and Capers together wouldnt be such a bad thing

Tarlam!
10-06-2009, 04:50 AM
I can see how some would blame the penalties on M3, but I think the Zebras, for the 4th week in a row, have not been very good. I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, I think the Zebras don't like M3.

If anything, his rookie HC year has a lot to do with it. I vaguely recall how he made some public statements that weren't too flttering to Zebras and I think we are getting payback for it.

mmmdk
10-06-2009, 06:53 AM

McCarthy had a fine plan...which did not fit the strength and especially our weaknesses. Adjustments? Not McCarthy.

McCarthy stop the penalties? Why now? 3 years + of loads of penalties; I don't see it happening.

Fix it? FIRE McCarthy and, yes, start over!!!!

mmmdk
10-06-2009, 06:57 AM
I can see how some would blame the penalties on M3, but I think the Zebras, for the 4th week in a row, have not been very good. I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, I think the Zebras don't like M3.

If anything, his rookie HC year has a lot to do with it. I vaguely recall how he made some public statements that weren't too flttering to Zebras and I think we are getting payback for it.

I don't like M3 - keep it up Zebras.

Note: I don't think the Zebras are out to get McCarthy, Packers or anyone else really. Packers = badly coached team. Packers = has holes the size of something really big...especially on OL.

Packers4Glory
10-06-2009, 07:18 AM

this team has had more laundry on a game by game basis than a stripper working on a saturday nite. Its been like that for 2-3 years.

MichiganPackerFan
10-06-2009, 08:27 AM

I thought they played really aggressive against the run. And they got a lot of bodies in there quickly to hammer AP. I don't think energy and aggressiveness of the players was an issue. I think DC misjudged that Favre would be mistake prone and left more personel in the secondary to take advantage of that. He rarely sent a blitz and therefore #4 had all day to make those throws. Hell I could have done that. (In Madden. On Easy. On a good day. Maybe. :D)

MichiganPackerFan
10-06-2009, 08:38 AM
If we dont have a winning season you have to think that Teddy will be looking to replace MM. Is it for sure Cowher makes a come back next season? You'd have to think that Cowher and Capers together wouldnt be such a bad thing

First off, im not quick to jump on the fire such and such bandwagon, and Im not ready to do so yet. However, just the thought of Cowher behind the wheel triggers some thoughts of the big bad football that should be played in the nfc north.

Cheesehead Craig
10-06-2009, 09:10 AM

this team has had more laundry on a game by game basis than a stripper working on a saturday nite. Its been like that for 2-3 years.

FLAG!!!

Duplicate use of a stripper reference on Packers4Glory in the same thread. Loss of posting priviledges for 2 hours.

KYPack
10-06-2009, 10:04 AM

Not only the second reference, but strippers don't have any more laundry on Saturday nite than any other nite. How long does it take to rinse out a G-String?

The amount of flags we got last night would clothe a couple dozen strippers.

FritzDontBlitz
10-06-2009, 10:58 AM
Based on the post game comments Charles Woodson made about Favre I'm guessing they probably went into the game believing Favre didn't have enough left in him to whip the ball around like that. Their game plan was designed to stop AP and that's it.

I honestly expected Rodgers to match Favre TD for TD but he started holding the pill too long and running around like a confused deer instead of running for positive yardage or just throwing it away. Those 20 sacks may have begun to mess with his head a little bit.

EDIT: Silly me. I forgot this thread was about Firing M3.

Its probably just me but I thought that 4th and goal debacle was M3 trying to prove Aaron could be just as clutch as Brett. I would have taken the 3 points there.

Chevelle2
10-06-2009, 10:59 AM
Based on the post game comments Charles Woodson made about Favre I'm guessing they probably went into the game believing Favre didn't have enough left in him to whip the ball around like that. Their game plan was designed to stop AP and that's it.

I honestly expected Rodgers to match Favre TD for TD but he started holding the pill too long and running around like a confused deer instead of running for positive yardage or just throwing it away. Those 20 sacks may have begun to mess with his head a little bit.

what did C Wood say?

Packers4Glory
10-06-2009, 11:02 AM

FLAG!!!

Duplicate use of a stripper reference on Packers4Glory in the same thread. Loss of posting priviledges for 2 hours. just checking if anyone is paying attention

FritzDontBlitz
10-06-2009, 11:30 AM

what did C Wood say?

It wasn't much, but here it is:

Charles Woodson said Brett Favre played well. "I didn't expect him to do that. I thought we would have played better but obviously we didn't and I give him a lot of credit. He played a great game and apparently he got his wish. He stuck it to us pretty good."

I highlighted the part I was referring to. It doesn't seem like much but reading it from Woodson makes me wonder how many others on defense may have let their guard down because they didn't see Favre as a real threat.

mmmdk
10-06-2009, 11:40 AM
Coaches in the NFL get a looooooooong leash.

Not in a mans world; Premier League, Seria A, La Primera Division and even NBA.

I think it's the parity of the NFL that keeps the McCarthy's in the seat.

bobblehead
10-06-2009, 12:19 PM
Without reading the whole post and against what I planned I'm gonna chime in as well. I had fully intended to rewatch the game and take the day before posting this exact thread, but since it is already started here goes.

Grant had almost the same yards in 11 carries as AP had in 25 (51 vs. 55). 15 runs not counting Rodgers scrambling, and 2 of those came right after College went down and MM gave up on the drive to regroup.

Two screen plays, one on the very first drive (play?) and another with under 2 minutes left. He isn't giving this OLine a chance. You can't line up in shotgun, empty backfield and expect to contain the D. These cats are pinning the ears back and coming at Rodgers with everything they got. ZERO fear of a screen or draw, or even a fricking running play.

Bubba Franks made a career out of them lining up in a power run formation, and releasing franks for the 1 yard score. We line up to run and then run, then when it doesn't work, we go shotgun empty backfield on fourth and goal at the two.

Gripe number two. The knock most of us have on BF is that in big games he gets over psyched and "ducks and chucks" at the first sign of pressure. We contained AP all game long only to go "vanilla bob" on 3rd and long. BF for all his faults will and did kill you when you rush 3 or 4 and flood the zones....PRESSURE has always been his downfall. You wanna blame this on Dom, fine, I'm not buying it anymore. Dom is Blitzburg, zone blitz, firesale sending 5 and even 6 guys. Yet suddenly his defenses looks vanilla and blah?? I don't get it, and I'm gonna say this whole vanilla on third and long MUST be the way MM wants it. We blamed bob last year, but I just don't believe its the way Dom would call it if he were the one making the ultimate decisions.

Yes, our OL isn't very good, and that is on TT and the players, but when you continue to abandon the run and take first down sacks because the D long ago stopped honoring it, you give the guys no fair chance. This shit reminds me of high school practice where 11 guys converged on the ball in practice cuz we heard the play call. Coach would get pissed cuz it would ruin the practice. I called 17 out of 19 plays correctly at one point based JUST ON FORMATION.

My best friend who watches with me was stunned when I nailed the fullback dive from the 3? yard line. Then when I told him watch, we are gonna line up in shotgun on 4th down so they can put 7 men in the end zone and we will be forced into a shitty pass either into triple coverage or worse outside the endzone...bingo, to finley at the 3 who got tackled at the 2.

Finally, my gripe is that he doesn't have guys competing in practice from what I can tell. He game plans, does walk throughs, but how often does he tell Jenkins to bring it against Clifton in practice. Same as my gripe about practicing indoors for a -20 degree game, you play what you practice. If our OL is in the habit of going through the motions in practice as we get "assignment sure" then when game time comes they are not going to be ready to competitively shut down a raging beast like Allen (or the barely above average guys getting 3-5 sacks against us). Sorry, but OLinemen need to play with attitude. They need to attack the DL in the running game and take the wind out of them so they can pass block later.

Most of last year and now this year we look like the most vanilla predictable non competitive team I've seen in GB since Randy Wright. We are lucky to be 2-2. If chicago doesn't blunder into a fake punt in their own red zone we are probably 1-3.

Oh yea, penalties. We earn our fair share, and now the refs are looking. Until we clean up the act we are going to get called for every ticky tack penalty possible. The games are not being officiated equally, but its our own fault, we EARNED the reputation, and now we are paying for it. That PI call in the CWood endzone pick would have never been called on a team with a "good" reputation. We now get called for holding penalties that the other team doesn't. I saw at least 3 holds minnesota DIDN'T get called for. Hell, an official standing 3 yards in front of Rodgers with a perfect view called a fumble on a play that blatantly was NOT a fumble (it was a safety which sucked, but how do you blow that call?) Not even close to a fumble...first his knee was down WAY ahead of the ball being loose, and second the ground blatantly caused the ball to come loose. He fucked it up two different ways, but once you got the bad rap, the officials see the game from a negative light.

Not much more I can say, I'm now onboard with those that are unhappy with management...not because we lost, but because of HOW we lost. TT hired MM so its on him as well. If we don't come out of the bye week and rip off 3 straight or so I hope TT pulls the plug on MM now. This team doesn't look like much of a team atm.

PS...how many of you would have believed we could hold AP to 55 yards on 25 carries and get blown out?

bobblehead
10-06-2009, 12:22 PM

I thought it was a good mix, we saw the TE's get used, nicely executed screens and grant had a nice game. Rodgers had no time obviously.

We ran TWO screens, one for no gain. Unless i missed something.

swede
10-06-2009, 12:24 PM
What's changing for me is not my viewpoint, but the landscape.

Following a very successful pre-season campaign and an ugly, hard-fought win against the Bears it seemed that this team was pretty good with only a few questions about Offensive and defensive line depth.

But we are are losing close games again and there may be no way to hide the fact that our offensive line is fvcked with no fvcking way to fix it fast.

The injuries on the offensive line have exposed problems with talent and coaching. Coaching can overcome a lack of talent. We ain't got neither. Think of the shit Larry Beightol used to have to wrk with and he managed to have something ready for game day no matter who had gone down.

TT won't fire MM. Murphy won't fire TT. Until the line is fixed this team will be no better than average.

8-8 this year.

rbaloha1
10-06-2009, 12:24 PM
Lets wait until the end of the season. MM and TT get a one year pass for the Favre transition -- but not 2 years.

Penalties and players confused are a direct result of coaching -- MM must be held accountable.

Scott Campbell
10-06-2009, 12:31 PM
Based on the post game comments Charles Woodson made about Favre I'm guessing they probably went into the game believing Favre didn't have enough left in him to whip the ball around like that.

I don't see it that way. They expected some pressure from the pass rush to yield some int opportunities. But their line kept him clean, and he picked them apart like most QB's would.

You can't let guys just stand around back there forever.

mraynrand
10-06-2009, 12:43 PM
Based on the post game comments Charles Woodson made about Favre I'm guessing they probably went into the game believing Favre didn't have enough left in him to whip the ball around like that.

I don't see it that way. They expected some pressure from the pass rush to yield some int opportunities. But their line kept him clean, and he picked them apart like most QB's would.

The 49ers sent a lot of guys in the first half of their game, and Favre made them pay for their blitzing. They backed off the blitz in the second half and it worked better. I think the Packers thought they could do the same. Play good coverage and generate pressure with 3 or 4 up front. It was stunning that they were unable to generate pressure. Some of it was crappy individual effort, but some of it was focus on the run and screen, and several really poorly conceived schemes. The 7 second drop back had only three guys bringing pressure - and Kampman's 'pressure' was delayed several seconds in as he first dropped into coverage. On several plays you had lineman stopping their pass rush looking to cover running backs either because they were looking for screens or because they were in a zone blitz. But if you are going to dial up some type of zone blitz, then you have to blitz when you zone your linemen - otherwise there is no pressure. I can't believe they will play that way the next time these two teams meet. It did look like they thought that if they stopped the run, they didn't think Favre could beat them. They won't be thinking that next time.

gex
10-09-2009, 06:46 PM

Can some one who recorded this game please watch it again and note on how many plays Favre had 7-10 sec. to throw with not even the smell of a defensive lineman in his face. I recall about 4-5 plays and on some of them Favre was pump faking and the defensive lineman were letting up or turning around to run downfield.
I get the feeling from SC's 100th post about Favre having all day, that he is trying to rewrite the history of the game.
I didn't dvr the game, so I may be wrong and he could of taken a nap back there, but thought that was about 4-5 plays.

rbaloha1
10-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Premature at this juncture. However concerned about the breakdowns, miscommunications, penalties and dropped passes.

With that said, should the Packers have another losing season it may be time to go in another direction.

pbmax
10-09-2009, 07:46 PM

I'd like to see some figures on this. But remember, Ray Rhodes got only one year and he was 8-8. Bill Cowher got forever and it took a decade for him to stop having alternating good and bad seasons. Paid off pretty handsomely.

pbmax
10-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Can some one who recorded this game please watch it again and note on how many plays Favre had 7-10 sec. to throw with not even the smell of a defensive lineman in his face. I recall about 4-5 plays and on some of them Favre was pump faking and the defensive lineman were letting up or turning around to run downfield.
I get the feeling from SC's 100th post about Favre having all day, that he is trying to rewrite the history of the game.
I didn't dvr the game, so I may be wrong and he could of taken a nap back there, but thought that was about 4-5 plays.
gex, 7-10 seconds is a league worst level rush. When announcers are telling you the QB has all day, he usually has 5 seconds. For most 3-5 step drops, coaches want 4 seconds.

Scott Campbell
10-09-2009, 07:50 PM

Our pass rush was invisible. Guys with red jerseys see more pressure.

Bossman641
10-09-2009, 07:52 PM

Gex, he wasn't sitting back in the pocket for 7 seconds play after play. The point is, that even when he was only back there for 4-5 seconds he didn't have to worry about stepping up in the pocket, avoiding tacklers, or throwing from awkward positions to avoid hits. He was completely comfortable in the pocket.

pbmax
10-09-2009, 07:52 PM

The 49ers sent a lot of guys in the first half of their game, and Favre made them pay for their blitzing. They backed off the blitz in the second half and it worked better. I think the Packers thought they could do the same. Play good coverage and generate pressure with 3 or 4 up front. It was stunning that they were unable to generate pressure. Some of it was crappy individual effort, but some of it was focus on the run and screen, and several really poorly conceived schemes. The 7 second drop back had only three guys bringing pressure - and Kampman's 'pressure' was delayed several seconds in as he first dropped into coverage. On several plays you had lineman stopping their pass rush looking to cover running backs either because they were looking for screens or because they were in a zone blitz. But if you are going to dial up some type of zone blitz, then you have to blitz when you zone your linemen - otherwise there is no pressure. I can't believe they will play that way the next time these two teams meet. It did look like they thought that if they stopped the run, they didn't think Favre could beat them. They won't be thinking that next time.
Capers talked to JSO about this a day or two ago. He said the Packers gave up more than half of Stephen Jackson's long runs on blitz calls.

He did not want that to happen versus Peterson. He obviously did not count on the feebleness of the four man rush. Nor did he count on blown coverages in the secondary. Both conspired to kill the pass D.

pbmax
10-09-2009, 07:56 PM
As for two Mikes and John, Shanahan is going to want to have personnel control an issue the Packers exec committee decided was better off split between coach and GM.

Not sure about Holmgren, but I would imagine he wants a similar situation to Shanahan, where he is not the titular head of personnel, but his guys get to decide.

I want no part of Gruden. He torched a pretty good Tampa Bay situation and let the team get very old.

MOBB DEEP
10-09-2009, 08:02 PM

Gex, he wasn't sitting back in the pocket for 7 seconds play after play. The point is, that even when he was only back there for 4-5 seconds he didn't have to worry about stepping up in the pocket, avoiding tacklers, or throwing from awkward positions to avoid hits. He was completely comfortable in the pocket.

Agreed; now, is it more on our D's inadequacies or on Minny's skill level?

Personally, I think it had more to do with their ability and the pack will turn it around after bye...but I havnt broken down the film like u all

pbmax
10-10-2009, 09:00 AM

Agreed; now, is it more on our D's inadequacies or on Minny's skill level?

Personally, I think it had more to do with their ability and the pack will turn it around after bye...but I havnt broken down the film like u all
What about execution? The Packers had three blown coverages with an essentially new starting safety. Eliminate those, and the Vikings probably have one less score, don't they?

Of course, if the Vikings don't take their foot off the gas, there may have been more opportunities.

SkinBasket
10-10-2009, 09:27 AM

I'd like to see some figures on this. But remember, Ray Rhodes got only one year and he was 8-8. Bill Cowher got forever and it took a decade for him to stop having alternating good and bad seasons. Paid off pretty handsomely.

The problem is, Ray Rhodes made some god awful coaching blunders during the season. When your team doesn't perform well, there's debate as to player effort versus coaching preparation. When the coach loses a game because he doesn't understand when to call a time-out, well there's not much to debate about that.

The Shadow
10-10-2009, 11:03 AM
4 games.
Fire everyone.
Here we go again.
Sigh.

bobblehead
10-10-2009, 02:14 PM

Capers talked to JSO about this a day or two ago. He said the Packers gave up more than half of Stephen Jackson's long runs on blitz calls.

He did not want that to happen versus Peterson. He obviously did not count on the feebleness of the four man rush. Nor did he count on blown coverages in the secondary. Both conspired to kill the pass D.

The entire second half went...AP for 0, AP for -1, 3rd and 11, 3 or 4 man rush, BF completes for 12 or more. I think worrying about AP busting a big run on 3rd and 11 is foolish.

bobblehead
10-10-2009, 02:17 PM
4 games.
Fire everyone.
Here we go again.
Sigh.

I see no need in keeping a coach who can't call a fvcking running play...thats all. If we recommit to the run in coming weeks I'll change my tune, but for christs sake, 3 running plays in the second half against cincy and now 13 in the game against that pass rushing demon of a DL.....wtf do you want me to do, be happy with the coaching?

retailguy
10-10-2009, 02:26 PM
4 games.
Fire everyone.
Here we go again.
Sigh.

I see no need in keeping a coach who can't call a fvcking running play...thats all. If we recommit to the run in coming weeks I'll change my tune, but for christs sake, 3 running plays in the second half against cincy and now 13 in the game against that pass rushing demon of a DL.....wtf do you want me to do, be happy with the coaching?

He wants you to be happy with his opinion. That's all. Let him think for you. You'll be happier. Trust me.

woodbuck27
10-10-2009, 03:00 PM
gex, 7-10 seconds is a league worst level rush. When announcers are telling you the QB has all day, he usually has 5 seconds. For most 3-5 step drops, coaches want 4 seconds.

The longest time as I re-call it was (about 7.3 -7.4) seconds before Favre released the ball. A very long time.

woodbuck27
10-10-2009, 03:18 PM
I see no reason for the Packer fans to panic. Realistically they looked (look) like 'at best' a second place team in the NFCN. They trail the Bears by one game and have a victory over them.

Take the poor effort of the OL (against a very good Minny 'D') and arguably some mediocre ST play away, and the Packers played well Vs Minnesota. The Packers passed and rushed for more yards than the Vikings.

Certain key spots positionally need to show improvement. Aaron Kampman and Al Harris look lost. We need help at safety. Is it any wonder that Favre could take advantage of our pass defense as it is?

Back to Aaron Kampman. He looked lost at times playing linebacker. If he's up on the line Favre gets some pressure. He looks like wasted flesh as he's being used now. How flexible is MM to make adjustments in games or to a flexible scheme and also ensure that our running backs get their time? We need to take the heat off of our defense and keep our offense on the field more. MM needs to do his part to protect Aaron Rodgers.

GO PACKERS!

pbmax
10-10-2009, 03:28 PM

The problem is, Ray Rhodes made some god awful coaching blunders during the season. When your team doesn't perform well, there's debate as to player effort versus coaching preparation. When the coach loses a game because he doesn't understand when to call a time-out, well there's not much to debate about that.
Agree. But mmdk's point was that NFL teams wait forever to fire coaches due to the same mechanisms that promote parity. Rhodes is an example where that did not happen.

pbmax
10-10-2009, 03:31 PM
The entire second half went...AP for 0, AP for -1, 3rd and 11, 3 or 4 man rush, BF completes for 12 or more. I think worrying about AP busting a big run on 3rd and 11 is foolish.
Considering who we are talking about, I do not think the concern is foolish at all. I would absolutely want the much less talented receivers to beat me. But as it was clearly not working out, some adjustment was probably in order.

woodbuck27
10-10-2009, 03:37 PM
There is no way on this earth that TT would fire 'his boy' anytime soon. MM has too much on him. :D

Packers4Glory
10-12-2009, 03:20 PM
4 games.
Fire everyone.
Here we go again.
Sigh.

Get real.

Do you watch the games? Do you not see that for the past few seasons we have been killed by being one of the most penalized teams in football? Kinda hard to win like that don't you think? whose responsible for that? Its not a fluke because its gone on for more than one season.

Packers4Glory
10-12-2009, 03:26 PM
There is no way on this earth that TT would fire 'his boy' anytime soon. MM has too much on him. :D

TT shouldn't be sitting too comfy himself. half assing the O-line isn't acceptable. His hardheadedness on signing free agents isn't acceptable. The draft isn't the only place where you can improve this team. Look at Woodson. you can get solid impact players. However TT would rather draft and dumpster dive in the FA/waivers market. you have to use all available tools and he refuses to seriously look at free agency to improve the club.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-12-2009, 03:43 PM
4 games.
Fire everyone.
Here we go again.
Sigh.

Get real.

Do you watch the games? Do you not see that for the past few seasons we have been killed by being one of the most penalized teams in football? Kinda hard to win like that don't you think? whose responsible for that? Its not a fluke because its gone on for more than one season.

First, you would have to show a correspondence between penalties and losing. And, it really isnt' that easy.

For example, last year Tenn had 7.1 penalties per game to our 6.9. Gmen had 6.4. Pitt had 6.1. AZ had 6.3. Baltimore had 6.6.

So, our penalties last year were certainly in the range of half the successful teams in the league.

Looking at this year.

Teams that are successful like the Bengals, NO, Atl, Dallas, Philly, Baltiimore are at 6.2 or more penalties per game.

And, some of the most unsuccesful teams in the league are in the top ten least penalized: Carolina, Wash, Miami, cleveland...and seattle and houston. So, 60% of the least penalized are under 500.

Penalties are not the issue. Good teams are good teams..whether they are penalized or not.

gbgary
10-12-2009, 04:36 PM
Teams that are successful like the Bengals, NO, Atl, Dallas, Philly, Baltiimore are at 6.2 or more penalties per game.

don't count dallas as a success. their three wins are over winless (at the time) teams with carolina just getting their first yesterday in 6-3 snoozefest. people here want romo's head on a plate and wade burned at the stake. they had to struggle to beat kc in ot.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-12-2009, 04:40 PM

don't count dallas as a success. their three wins are over winless (at the time) teams with carolina just getting their first yesterday in 6-3 snoozefest. people here want romo's head on a plate and wade burned at the stake. they had to struggle to beat kc in ot.

I hear you, but we have to, at this moment go by record. I deliberately only included sub or over 500...no 500.

That is the only way to measure success.

bobblehead
10-12-2009, 04:48 PM
Considering who we are talking about, I do not think the concern is foolish at all. I would absolutely want the much less talented receivers to beat me. But as it was clearly not working out, some adjustment was probably in order.

I'm lazy, if not I would go look and see how many carries RB's have on third and 8 or more this season as a %....pretty low I would guess.

The Shadow
10-12-2009, 06:44 PM
right now we are lucky to have wone 2 games. whoever won the opener was lucky to win. that happened to be the Packers. Neither team impressed or looked very good.

this team due to the line and penalties is just not a good team. everyone knows you will only go as far as your O and D lines will take you. if either is suspect you're looking at a mediocre season and watching in January.

I've pretty much had it w/ management from TT down to M3. I don't think either are terrible but Neither seem to have what it takes to get to the next level. in fact it seems like we are regressing or staying in that mediocre range. I say regressing because the O line is decidedly worse than last yr. by far.

Big Mike can't seem to fix the holes or stop the flags from flying.

This is still a very young team, and I'm fine w/ cleaning house after this season if things don't turn around. Its hard to blame coaching for having crappy options to pick from on the line, however the penalties can be laid in M3's lap.

Quick!
Stop the presses!
Newsflash!!

Packers4Glory
11-01-2009, 05:08 PM
This guy is not a NFL caliber head coach....I'm not impressed w/ his play calling either.

If you can't protect you need shorter drops and quicker pass routes.

End this mistake this offseason.

Brando19
11-01-2009, 05:11 PM
:lol:

Packers4Glory
11-08-2009, 05:52 PM
I'm still saying it.

mr_blonde
12-13-2009, 02:12 PM
If the Packers lose this game, and it ends up costing them a playoff spot; MCCARTHY MUST GO!!!!

Tyrone Bigguns
12-13-2009, 02:49 PM
If the Packers lose this game, and it ends up costing them a playoff spot; MCCARTHY MUST GO!!!!

So glad you waited to make this your 36th post.
:oops:

mr_blonde
12-13-2009, 03:48 PM

Unlike you have, I have a fucking life. Don't have time to sit in front of a computer day after day (except for today) hour after hour and post shit.

11,000 posts in three years!!! You sir, are fucking loser ... like the rest of your ilk; the other necrophiliacs who post here, day after day, hour after hour.

You sick bastard ...

Brando19
12-13-2009, 04:01 PM

Unlike you have, I have a fucking life. Don't have time to sit in front of a computer day after day (except for today) hour after hour and post shit.

11,000 posts in three years!!! You sir, are fucking loser ... like the rest of your ilk; the other necrophiliacs who post here, day after day, hour after hour.

You sick bastard ...

Did you have to take a shot at the posters? You've not been here that long and already I think you're an obnoxious ass hole.

mr_blonde
12-13-2009, 04:15 PM

You sick bastard ...

Did you have to take a shot at the posters? You've not been here that long and already I think you're an obnoxious ass hole.

You must be one the necrophiliacs who post here ... 4400 posts ... yep, you qualify!

You sick Bastard.

Brando19
12-13-2009, 04:17 PM

You sick bastard ...

You must be one the necrophiliacs who post here ... 4400 posts ... yep, you qualify!

You sick Bastard.

You sure are racking up friends on this forum...probably like your real life...0!

MJZiggy
12-13-2009, 04:17 PM
What was your post count at JSO/whateverthehelltheyreplaceditwith?

Sick bastard!

mr_blonde
12-13-2009, 04:21 PM

You sick bastard ...

You sick Bastard.

You sure are racking up friends on this forum...probably like your real life...0!

The people who post on this forum are your "friends"?????
Thanks for proving my point. Get a life you fucking loser.

mr_blonde
12-13-2009, 04:23 PM

Sick bastard!

Not the same guy.

16,000 posts in three years .... Yeah I know, you wanna slit my throat ear to ear and fuck my lifeless body.

You sick Bastard.

MJZiggy
12-13-2009, 04:27 PM
I highly doubt you can get it up now; what makes you think you'll be able to do any better dead. For someone who's not the same guy, you sure sing the same song...

mission
12-13-2009, 04:28 PM

Sick bastard!

Not the same guy.

16,000 posts in three years .... Yeah I know, you wanna slit my throat ear to ear and fuck my lifeless body.

You sick Bastard.

Are you trying to be 'in character' or something?

mission
12-13-2009, 04:29 PM
Anyway.

FIRE MM!!!

Brando19
12-13-2009, 04:30 PM
I highly doubt you can get it up now; what makes you think you'll be able to do any better dead. For someone who's not the same guy, you sure sing the same song...

Ohhhhh BURN!!!!!!!!!!! Tuck your tale and run back to mommy, mr. blonde...Sesame Street is coming on.

Airin' Rodgers
12-13-2009, 04:31 PM
Boys, whats with all the hostility?

edit: just looked back at Mr blonde's first post... carry on!

Willard
12-13-2009, 04:39 PM
Mr. Blonde may have a point. American Psychiatric Association studies show a clear correlation between excessive internet posting and necrophilia. You are all sick bastards!

Brando19
12-13-2009, 05:00 PM
Boys, whats with all the hostility?

edit: just looked back at Mr blonde's first post... carry on!

:lol: :lol:

Tyrone Bigguns
12-13-2009, 11:57 PM

You sick bastard ...

Awesome #46.

Zool
12-14-2009, 01:03 AM
Wait...I thought posters with high post counts had the biggest penises? Is this not the case anymore?

Guiness
12-14-2009, 01:44 AM
Wait...I thought posters with high post counts had the biggest penises? Is this not the case anymore?

I'm not sure, but if so YOUR MOM is going to be a happy camper.

MJZiggy
12-14-2009, 07:31 PM

No, no, no! How many times do I have to tell you...It's not HAVE; it's APPRECIATE!!! Let's keep it straight.

Scott Campbell
12-14-2009, 08:57 PM

You sick bastard ...

You sick Bastard.

Can we please keep the PackerRats necrophilia talk in the Garbage Can?

Freak Out
12-15-2009, 12:41 AM
Is that Partial trying to get another football thread thrown in the GC?

MJZiggy
12-15-2009, 07:07 AM
Nah...blonde pops in every once in awhile to be a moron and then disappears again. P's been posting under a different name and I must say has been very well behaved since his latest banning.

mraynrand
12-15-2009, 07:38 AM

No, no, no! How many times do I have to tell you...It's not HAVE; it's APPRECIATE!!! Let's keep it straight.

Isn't that up to you?

MJZiggy
12-15-2009, 08:00 PM

Isn't that up to you?

Touche

ThunderDan
12-15-2009, 08:16 PM
Nah...blonde pops in every once in awhile to be a moron and then disappears again. P's been posting under a different name and I must say has been very well behaved since his latest banning.

Is this really true? Or just stirring the pot?

SkinBasket
12-18-2009, 08:32 AM

Is this really true? Or just stirring the pot?

Everyone seems to be coming to the same conclusion about Partial's newest account. After 5 posts, it was pretty obvious. I don't think it's a problem as long as he adheres the illusion of common decency the new poster personality would be expected to have.

Anyway, Mr. Blonde's strange sense of humor aside, I am still on the fire McCarthy train. The Chicago game was simply another example of the players having to make exceptional plays and have exceptional individual performances to overcome poor play calling and a complete and total lack of halftime adjustment. Again, he's essentially the white version of Ray Rhodes, but with a wall-eye instead of the angry furrowed brow. Not a good trade off.

mission
12-18-2009, 08:52 AM

Is this really true? Or just stirring the pot?Anyway, Mr. Blonde's strange sense of humor aside, I am still on the fire McCarthy train. The Chicago game was simply another example of the players having to make exceptional plays and have exceptional individual performances to overcome poor play calling and a complete and total lack of halftime adjustment. Again, he's essentially the white version of Ray Rhodes, but with a wall-eye instead of the angry furrowed brow. Not a good trade off.

This is exactly right.

Sadly, that's not enough to win a Super Bowl.

We won't get over the final hump without having exceptional coaching.

Is Dom and the defense enough? Who knows, I doubt it ...

gbgary
12-18-2009, 09:20 AM
head in a basket.

pbmax
12-18-2009, 09:40 AM
Keep him. I don't think its play calling or adjustments. But he must (or Thompson must) repair the O line. And that means a new starting RT. If that is Lang, then they also need a top of the line LT backup or new starter.

SkinBasket
12-18-2009, 09:47 AM
head in a basket.

Are you questioning my sexuality?

gbgary
12-18-2009, 09:49 AM
Keep him. I don't think its play calling or adjustments.

i agree it's not play calling or adjustments...it's the trauma caused by his tight ass around his neck cutting off the blood flow to his brain.

Pugger
12-18-2009, 09:52 AM
Come on gbgary, tell us how you really feel. :lol:

With the team surging and more than likely going to the playoffs as a wildcard - unless the wheels come off these next 3 games - MM isn't going anywhere.

gbgary
12-18-2009, 10:01 AM
Come on gbgary, tell us how you really feel. :lol:

With the team surging and more than likely going to the playoffs as a wildcard - unless the wheels come off these next 3 games - MM isn't going anywhere.

sadly...i agree. :roll:

SkinBasket
12-18-2009, 10:04 AM
Fine, we don't need a new head coach. We just need the one we have to give up the play calling. Not sure what his job would be at that point, but I think the team would be better for it.