PDA

View Full Version : Missing person = Greg Jennings

gex
10-05-2009, 11:22 PM
What happend to this dude, if not for that last td catch for 60+yds wk 1 he would have 1 decent week...........Man, I have him on 3 of my FFL teams too.
C'mon GJ pick it up and give A-rod a target. 8-)

wk rec yds
4 3 31
3 2 103
2 0 0
1 6 106 1

gex
10-05-2009, 11:24 PM
After looking at it, 2 catches in week 3 isnt very good either :cry:

Partial
10-05-2009, 11:29 PM
Something isn't right. Our receiver's used to always be open. This year it's clear to me they're not getting as much separation. They certainly aren't helping Rodgers.

Scott Campbell
10-05-2009, 11:30 PM
Something isn't right. Our receiver's used to always be open. This year it's clear to me they're not getting as much separation. They certainly aren't helping Rodgers.

Donald Lee pissed me off tonight.

Bossman641
10-05-2009, 11:30 PM
I'm of the opinion that Jennings has some nagging injury we aren't hearing about. GJ has been way too quiet.

Cleft Crusty
10-05-2009, 11:32 PM
Packer receivers were open. Just not Jennings. It took a while for Rodgers to come off Jennings as his primary. Packers did plenty on offense, obviously suffered from the injuries on the O-line, made too many mistakes, and were lit up on defense by a good veteran QB playing extremely well, with absolutely zero pass rush.

gex
10-05-2009, 11:34 PM
Alot of times tonight I seen Arod want to throw after a 3 stepper but then pull it down. Does he not want to put it into a tight window or are they not getting any separation. But what about our emerging superstar WR, those numbers are horrible.

BallHawk
10-05-2009, 11:34 PM
Driver is open more often this year than he was last year. I think it's safe to assume this is a result of defenses putting way more attention on Jennings.

channtheman
10-06-2009, 01:33 AM
Driver is open more often this year than he was last year. I think it's safe to assume this is a result of defenses putting way more attention on Jennings.

Driver also seems to be dropping more passes this year. He always dropped some passes but this year, man. Goes for all of our receivers. I think there were like 3, maybe 4 depending on the pass that were dropped.

mraynrand
10-06-2009, 01:51 AM

Bravo. Gex, did you notice that Peterson did a disappearing act against the Packers? Why do you think that happened? Did Peterson all of the sudden become a crappy running back? What happened to the rest of the Viking offense?

This is why focusing on statistics in football can screw you up. Look at the huge numbers Rodgers put up - almost 400 yards passing; the Packers with almost 500 yards total offense and only 23 points. Oh, the HUMANITY!

mmmdk
10-06-2009, 06:44 AM
Packer receivers were open. Just not Jennings. It took a while for Rodgers to come off Jennings as his primary. Packers did plenty on offense, obviously suffered from the injuries on the O-line, made too many mistakes, and were lit up on defense by a good veteran QB playing extremely well, with absolutely zero pass rush.

Amen - Jennings got his contract.

mmmdk
10-06-2009, 06:45 AM
Alot of times tonight I seen Arod want to throw after a 3 stepper but then pull it down. Does he not want to put it into a tight window or are they not getting any separation. But what about our emerging superstar WR, those numbers are horrible.

News Flash: Jennings is not a superstar afterall!

pbmax
10-06-2009, 06:48 AM

Ask Larry Fitzgerald how his season started.

mmmdk
10-06-2009, 07:41 AM

Ask Larry Fitzgerald how his season started.

Larry is a superstar & he'll be fine. No need to stalk the guy to see that.

Sparkey
10-06-2009, 07:49 AM

This year Jennings is getting doubled more than Driver.

mmmdk
10-06-2009, 08:08 AM

This year Jennings is getting doubled more than Driver.

Don't have the numbers 'bout double teams but Jennings isn't getting play calls that he can thrive with.

GJ CANNOT transcend double teams & bad play calls for him. Ergo no superstar but GJ is an alternate PB player if used right...plus light a fire under his ass. :lol:

mission
10-06-2009, 08:17 AM
Good play on that fourth down grab..

Aside from that, someone needs to fire up Photoshop and get GJ on a milk carton avatar

mission
10-06-2009, 08:20 AM

I love how dramatically he called for the ball and then when it came he couldnt get his hands down in time/in position.

That was really "fuckin awesome".

mmmdk
10-06-2009, 08:24 AM

Aside from that, someone needs to fire up Photoshop and get GJ on a milk carton avatar

Yeah, thanx refs. The turf kinda helped too.

mission
10-06-2009, 08:41 AM

Yeah, thanx refs. The turf kinda helped too.

Really? Is that what yall concluded? Looked like a catch to me... maybe they don't have HD in Europe? :lol:

Dabaddestbear
10-06-2009, 09:09 AM
They are getting seperationbut Rodgers dont like to sueez the ball in spots most of the time and would rather take a sack then the chance of a int. And when he does get the WR's the ball they are dropping it or he is misfiring. Strange how the Bears were said by many to have the poorest WR core in the NFL, yet there rag tag WR's are shining and making big plays each week. :roll:

Dabaddestbear
10-06-2009, 09:10 AM

Would you like to Trade for one of the Bears TE's or WR's now? :wink:

Dabaddestbear
10-06-2009, 09:13 AM
You hit it on the nose Gex. Its a reason why he doesnt throw Int's because he rarely takes chances on squeezing a ball in. And that is what will always seperate him from Brett and any great QB. His fear of stats not being padded by the easy throws to wide open WR's.

denverYooper
10-06-2009, 09:15 AM
You hit it on the nose Gex. Its a reason why he doesnt throw Int's because he rarely takes chances on squeezing a ball in. And that is what will always seperate him from Brett and any great QB. His fear of stats not being padded by the easy throws to wide open WR's.

Like the 50 yarder to beat a certain Bears team in week 1? That sure padded his stats ;).

Dabaddestbear
10-06-2009, 09:22 AM

Like the 50 yarder to beat a certain Bears team in week 1? That sure padded his stats ;).
Glad you noticed. It was a WIDE OPEN WR just like the passes I am talknig about. But thank you for helping my argument even further. :wink:
Man, when I say allowing others to make a fool out of themselves is easy, I mean it is TOO EASY! :P

Willard
10-06-2009, 09:49 AM

Glad you noticed. It was a WIDE OPEN WR just like the passes I am talknig about. But thank you for helping my argument even further. :wink:
Man, when I say allowing others to make a fool out of themselves is easy, I mean it is TOO EASY! :P
Rodgers is clearly holding on to the ball too long, but not because he wants to protect his QB rating - which is inferred here. He clearly is hell bent on preventing TOs. Statistics prove TOs are deadly, but he needs to take some more chances in my opinion. That being said, I have no doubt AR will continue to evolve. He still has enormous upside having only started 20 games. It is a stretch to assume he will never get better in this area, as dbb implies.

Scott Campbell
10-06-2009, 02:00 PM
Jennings has a bad wrist, so I guess I understand some of his issues. But where the hell has Cullen Jenkins been? Is he hurt again?

mraynrand
10-06-2009, 02:03 PM
Jennings has a bad wrist, so I guess I understand some of his issues. But where the hell has Cullen Jenkins been? Is he hurt again?

Apparently he had cramps. Not DeShawn Wynn cramps, but still, cramps.

mraynrand
10-06-2009, 02:06 PM

Rodgers is clearly holding on to the ball too long, but not because he wants to protect his QB rating - which is inferred here. He clearly is hell bent on preventing TOs. Statistics prove TOs are deadly, but he needs to take some more chances in my opinion. That being said, I have no doubt AR will continue to evolve. He still has enormous upside having only started 20 games. It is a stretch to assume he will never get better in this area, as dbb implies.

I agree on the holding it too long part, but not the chance part. Unfortunately, he needs to dump the ball or throw it at the ground near the check down guy sooner - to avoid the yardage loss. I have to say that I have a low opinion of anyone who really thinks a QB is taking a sack to 'pad his stats.' Pretty pathetic logic on that one.

gex
11-17-2009, 08:21 AM
I had to dig this up off page 10 because.....WTF...GJ...Just because I drafted you in half my FFL teams you decide to take the damn year off?!
You got some splainin' to do! :x

3irty1
11-17-2009, 08:56 AM
I had to dig this up off page 10 because.....WTF...GJ...Just because I drafted you in half my FFL teams you decide to take the damn year off?!

He got paid. We may be looking at Antonio Freeman 2.0.

MOBB DEEP
11-17-2009, 09:06 AM

HUH? you must have short memory....GJ cant hold Free's jock. Free DEF earned his loot....

3irty1
11-17-2009, 09:56 AM

HUH? you must have short memory....GJ cant hold Free's jock. Free DEF earned his loot....

Year Rec Yards TD
1996 56 933 9
1997 81 1243 12
1999 84 1424 14
-------------------------------Freeman signs 7 year deal that makes him the highest paid WR in the NFL.
1999 74 1074 6
2000 62 912 9
2001 52 818 6

MOBB DEEP
11-17-2009, 02:27 PM

Year Rec Yards TD
1996 56 933 9
1997 81 1243 12
1999 84 1424 14
-------------------------------Freeman signs 7 year deal that makes him the highest paid WR in the NFL.
1999 74 1074 6
2000 62 912 9
2001 52 818 6

i was referring to his total body of work which i would bet most packer fans believe was/is worthy of the $....i couyld be wrong but we know thatb alot of times cats are rewarded for their contribution over time. I remember folks sayn waht you're sayn so im not singling you out; I just refelect more on ALL tyhe great plays he made for us during the glory years and hate to hear ppl blast his last couple of years thatts all....

I could b a lil subjective b/c he's like my 3rd or fourth fav packer all time

hoosier
11-17-2009, 03:28 PM

I get the impression that Greg Jennings doesn't work that way. Something else is going on, and you would need to have access to game film in order to say exactly what it is. Either opponents are defending the Packers receivers differently, taking away the stuff they did with so much effectiveness in 2007 and 08, and GB hasn't yet figured out how to respond. Or Rodgers has for some reason become averse to throwing the ball into tight coverage since last season. Or McCarthy's play calling tendencies have suddenly changed. I suspect it's a combination of A and C, that defenders are taking away a lot of the short stuff and that the putrid pass protection isn't giving him the necessary time to stretch the field and make the defenders sitting on short routes pay. It can all be blamed on the Packers (very) offensive line.

Tony Oday
11-17-2009, 03:29 PM

Year Rec Yards TD
1996 56 933 9
1997 81 1243 12
1999 84 1424 14
1999 74 1074 6
2000 62 912 9
2001 52 818 6

i was referring to his total body of work which i would bet most packer fans believe was/is worthy of the $....i couyld be wrong but we know thatb alot of times cats are rewarded for their contribution over time. I remember folks sayn waht you're sayn so im not singling you out; I just refelect more on ALL tyhe great plays he made for us during the glory years and hate to hear ppl blast his last couple of years thatts all....

I could b a lil subjective b/c he's like my 3rd or fourth fav packer all time

lol you are :) not a bad thing to be a fan but Free was what Favre made him. Was solid but not great. Had some good seasons though.

Scott Campbell
11-17-2009, 03:38 PM

If you play in enough leagues, I guess your bound to win one of them. I have a hard enough time playing in one.

I have Jennings too. Major disappointment.

Scott Campbell
11-17-2009, 03:40 PM
i was referring to his total body of work which i would bet most packer fans believe was/is worthy of the $....i couyld be wrong but we know thatb alot of times cats are rewarded for their contribution over time.

I completely disagree. You get a contract based upon how you're expected to perform in the future. These guys aren't paid on commission.

Fritz
11-17-2009, 04:11 PM
If a certain Minnesota QB was being paid for his past contributions, wouldn't he get a contract longer than two years?

Scott is right. Sorry Mobb. Free got paid mostly for what they thought he'd do once he signed that seven year deal. As the stats clearly show, he fell off the map pretty quick.

sharpe1027
11-17-2009, 04:23 PM
Maybe the corners are sitting on underneath routes because they aren't too worried about getting beat deep because they can expect a pressure on Rodgers. Even if Jennings is getting open deep, which he was good at in past years, we'd might not know because of the lack of time for Rodgers.

Brandon494
11-17-2009, 04:29 PM
GJ has been getting doubled a lot more plus the fact that our o-line can't pass protect its harder for him to get open. Don't think he isnt trying as hard just because he got paid, he is the type of guy that wants to prove he is worth the money they gave him. No Cletidus Hunt this guy.

MOBB DEEP
11-18-2009, 09:12 AM
If a certain Minnesota QB was being paid for his past contributions, wouldn't he get a contract longer than two years?

Scott is right. Sorry Mobb. Free got paid mostly for what they thought he'd do once he signed that seven year deal. As the stats clearly show, he fell off the map pretty quick.

DAYUM...

mmmdk
11-18-2009, 09:47 AM
GJ has been getting doubled a lot more plus the fact that our o-line can't pass protect its harder for him to get open. Don't think he isnt trying as hard just because he got paid, he is the type of guy that wants to prove he is worth the money they gave him. No Cletidus Hunt this guy.

I've been barking at GJ for some time; I expect more. GJ is better than he's playing currently. GJ is doubled at times but I think his play is frustrating to watch (probably 'cus of OL too) - even for himself. False starts by GJ?? GJ has had some plays where he stopped running too. Not like him. GJ has always been a good, even great route receiver.

GJ needs to get GJ going with a little help too from AR...and AR gets more help from play calling / OL play. GJ is no superstar but he can play at a pro bowl level - we've all seen it.

It's probably not the fat contract syndrome but GJ needs to be 100% focused. I think he'll get better sooner than later.

gbgary
11-18-2009, 11:31 AM
once we're not in max protect, and we're able to play our normal spread offense, he'll get open a lot more. as we know rodgers is relatively inexperienced and has been under siege.

Bossman641
11-18-2009, 12:07 PM
Teams have been playing their corners with inside techniqe to take away the slants. That, poor protection, and the fact that Rodgers doesn't throw the slant nearly as well as Favre has led to Jennings' drop in numbers.

Fritz
11-18-2009, 12:33 PM
It all starts on the line. Fix the line and the rest will fall into place.

MJZiggy
11-18-2009, 07:20 PM
Right, RG.

Brandon494
11-22-2009, 01:07 PM
Hes BACK!

3irty1
10-10-2010, 11:41 PM
bump