PDA

View Full Version : I don't think we should fire, bench, or execute anybody.

Lurker64
10-05-2009, 11:30 PM
We lost a game that very few people thought we could win. A number of people didn't execute in the game, and we made a number of mistakes, but this doesn't seem to be a particularly damning loss.

We played the run well, the offensive game plan was sound, and there's about a half-dozen plays that (if they had gone differently) would probably have swung the game the other way.

I just think we shouldn't be prone to overreaction. There's nothing we could do *now* that would really help the season (nobody trades LTs, and mid-stream coaching changes never work, for example), and all the guys who disappointed us for various reasons tonight will have at least 12 (and hopefully more) games to make their case.

Why overreact? This team historically starts slow under MM, and we certainly didn't play awful. We can still go 5-1 in the division, and Mike McCarthy is still 5-2 against the Vikings.

sheepshead
10-05-2009, 11:32 PM
did you mean to start a new thread with this??

BallHawk
10-05-2009, 11:33 PM
:bclap: :bclap: :bclap:

Bossman641
10-05-2009, 11:34 PM
Can we execute Schottenheimer? For old times sake?

BallHawk
10-05-2009, 11:35 PM

I'm down.

Zool
10-05-2009, 11:54 PM

I'm down.

Thirded. Motion carried.

Waldo
10-06-2009, 12:00 AM
The only one I'm down on the fire and brimstone is to fire Campen.

I'm finally a convert on that one.

Barbre played a good game though. We might have something there.

A high power passing team isn't going to win too many games with it's 3rd string LT. Face it.

Our team has been a Porche driving down the beach with Clifton out.

I don't think that Colledge earned himself LT leverage. Colledge's agent can come to the table looking for Starks/Staley money, but TT can keep it confined to Scott money. That wasn't a starting LT performance. Swing T yes, but he doesn't have a future there.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-06-2009, 12:00 AM
Bunch of pussies on this thread.

You want better discipline, less penalties, and better execution....then execute a few players or family members.

Ty guarantees you bert woulda never have thrown that pick against the eagles if he knew breleigh had a gun against her head.

Bossman641
10-06-2009, 12:05 AM
Bunch of pussies on this thread.

You want better discipline, less penalties, and better execution....then execute a few players or family members.

Ty guarantees you bert woulda never have thrown that pick against the eagles if he knew breleigh had a gun against her head.

Insert Bud Light "too light, too heavy" commercial

MichiganPackerFan
10-06-2009, 07:59 AM
After the refusal by the refs to call anything against MIN, I'm in favor of their execution. Maybe their families too, if those soulless sons of bitches have any.